Odinson ftw

Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Assman

Thor 9/10. I gave one to SS for prosperity.
Avatar image for strongestonethereis
StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael said:
"Thor easily. "

U think classic Thor who hard times against soemone like Wonder Man 
Could easily beat current SS who can now hold his own in the cosmic big leagues?
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By czarny_samael666
@StrongestOneThereIs said:

" @czarny_samael said:

"Thor easily. "

U think classic Thor who hard times against soemone like Wonder Man Could easily beat current SS who can now hold his own in the cosmic big leagues? "
Like?
What did he ever done that puts him in cosmic league?
I don't recall even any really powerfull oponent that was KO by Super Skrull (what also wouldn't be a prove, but good start).

And Wonder Man will defeat SS. I doubt that he can defeat Hulk or Rulk, let alone herald level guys.
Seriously, what he can do to Thor? Thing's strength and HT's flames are a joke to God of Thunder. Reed Richards powers won't help him either (maybe he will be able to avoid few first shots, but then Thor can use super speed or omniversal attack and SS will be down). Only Sue's force fields could harm him, but he don't have as good ff as she has (and this still shouldn't really be a problem).
He is slower, weaker, less durable and less powerfull. Thor will win it very easily.
My suggestion: If You like SS (after his mini in Annihilation he is pretty good character for me) give him opponent like Ikaris, Namor or Iron Man. Eventually Ronan or Wonder Man, but You shouldn't be suprised that many people will say that SS will lose with them.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King_Saturn
Thor wins here...  
the only thing cool about Super Skrull currently is that he is in Marvel vs Capcom 3... 
gambit987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By gambit987

Thor

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OmegaDynasty

By Odin's beard I say Thor wins this.
BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

Naaaaaay I am Thor Odinson son of Odin. BEGON FOOLISH VILLIAN!!!!
karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By karrob
@Assman said:
" Thor 9/10. I gave one to SS for prosperity. "
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By vuviper

How come no one mentioned "Bubble in the Brain" in this thread? I was going to do a power skrull and super skrull vs Thor but I'd want this matter resolved first

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vuviper said:

How come no one mentioned "Bubble in the Brain" in this thread? I was going to do a power skrull and super skrull vs Thor but I'd want this matter resolved first

Because Thor is too durable for that to work.

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Lance Uppercut

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@vuviper said:

How exactly is his brain durable?

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vuviper

@vuviper said:

I'd imagine it would at least hurt him a lot or interfere with his concentration. I don't know if Thor is so powerful that he would be able to so easily take out Super Skrull with that going on in his head.

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By emperorznb

With the almighty heavy metal girly hair with the freakin hammer... I say Thor wins thee....

Avatar image for the_mayhem_theory
The_Mayhem_Theory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vuviper said:

Is that in-character? And I say Thor.
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vuviper

@The_Mayhem_Theory: He's done it before

Avatar image for the_mayhem_theory
The_Mayhem_Theory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vuviper said:

@The_Mayhem_Theory: He's done it before

How many times? Once doesn't make it an in-character feat.
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vuviper: @Lance Uppercut: Skrull has never tried that on anyone with superhuman durable. We don't if it'll work or not.

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lance Uppercut

@vuviper: @Lance Uppercut: Skrull has never tried that on anyone with superhuman durable. We don't if it'll work or not.

That's not the answer to the question I asked. Once again, what makes his brain too durable? What concrete proof? Because saying he's never tried it on someone "that durable" is a cop out. Yes, Thor's exterior is physically durable. A) Not impenetrable. B) It doesn't make his organs massively durable to the level you're assuming. So if you can't really provide a reason it wouldn't work...

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Lance Uppercut said:

That's not the answer to the question I asked. Once again, what makes his brain too durable? What concrete proof? Because saying he's never tried it on someone "that durable" is a cop out. Yes, Thor's exterior is physically durable. A) Not impenetrable. B) It doesn't make his organs massively durable to the level you're assuming. So if you can't really provide a reason it wouldn't work...

Thor isn't Cage - he doesn't have only very durable skin. Try to attack Hulk or Colossus in this way and it also won't work.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lance Uppercut

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Lance Uppercut said:

Thor isn't Cage - he doesn't have only very durable skin. Try to attack Hulk or Colossus in this way and it also won't work.

I'll quote myself on this since you didn't seem to catch it.

Once again, what makes his brain too durable? What concrete proof?
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Freefa11

@Lance Uppercut: I'm not sure what you would consider "concrete proof," since I'm pretty sure there aren't any scans of someone actually attacking Thor's brain directly, but logically characters with superhuman durability need a certain degree of toughness throughout their bodies, otherwise many of the impacts they take from superhumanly strong opponents would just liquefy their organs, even if they didn't damage the skin.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jeanroygrant

Thor.

grevous11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By grevous11

@Freefa11 well spoke.

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Spartan101

classic thor????!! oh my,,i still have comics from way back with him,feats are like sa superman stuff,this isnt even a fight for classic thor version.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Freefa11 said:

@Lance Uppercut: I'm not sure what you would consider "concrete proof," since I'm pretty sure there aren't any scans of someone actually attacking Thor's brain directly, but logically characters with superhuman durability need a certain degree of toughness throughout their bodies, otherwise many of the impacts they take from superhumanly strong opponents would just liquefy their organs, even if they didn't damage the skin.

Not only logically, there are only few people about who it was said that only they bones (Logan) or skin (Cage) have higher durability, in all other situations it is a durability of whole body.

@Lance Uppercut said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

I'll quote myself on this since you didn't seem to catch it.

Once again, what makes his brain too durable? What concrete proof?
Sorry, but I see in opposite way , so:
@czarny_samael666 said:
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lance Uppercut

@czarny_samael666: This isn't a question of seeing it the opposite way. I'm open to being corrected, but you'r blatantly trying to provide something as fact when you have no factual evidence to back it. So my question again - is there any hard fact backing your claim?

@Freefa11 said:

But once again - too durable? What does that even mean? I'm not saying there isn't some kind of innate physical advantage to being the organ of a god, but it's not like these organs can't be damaged. Hell, we've seen the opposite of that numerous times. I mean, one of the examples given was Hulk... okay, he's had his eyes poked out and blinded, he's been stabbed, shot through on occasions... Thor's been stabbed, knocked bloody, etc. What even constitutes "too durable?

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Spartan101

if classic thor can withstand massive temperatures,being hit by hulk,being crushed by the pressure of a neutron star etc etc, his insides have to be same level durability as his outsides,his brain would,baked,be smashed around inside a ultra hard skull,pop due to pressures,,its not even debateable to think his insides are weak. ????

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Lance Uppercut said:

@czarny_samael666: This isn't a question of seeing it the opposite way. I'm open to being corrected, but you'r blatantly trying to provide something as fact when you have no factual evidence to back it. So my question again - is there any hard fact backing your claim?

@Freefa11 said:

But once again - too durable? What does that even mean? I'm not saying there isn't some kind of innate physical advantage to being the organ of a god, but it's not like these organs can't be damaged. Hell, we've seen the opposite of that numerous times. I mean, one of the examples given was Hulk... okay, he's had his eyes poked out and blinded, he's been stabbed, shot through on occasions... Thor's been stabbed, knocked bloody, etc. What even constitutes "too durable?

It does mean that Thor as a whole being is more durable than "xxx", not that just his skin is more durable than "xxx". 

Point is that,  if Thor can survive some attacks, then You would have to prove that only his skin allowed him to do it, not whole body. If it wasn't said anywhere, then we have to assume that his body is proportional. His muscles are as much more durable than his brain as much Yours/mine are more than ours. In this case it means a lot. 

It is also pretty much immposible to prove that xxx's brain is durable enough to take "yyy's" attack, since we almost never see direct attacks on brains.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Lance Uppercut

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Lance Uppercut said:

@Freefa11 said:

It does mean that Thor as a whole being is more durable than "xxx", not that just his skin is more durable than "xxx". Point is that, if Thor can survive some attacks, then You would have to prove that only his skin allowed him to do it, not whole body. If it wasn't said anywhere, then we have to assume that his body is proportional. His muscles are as much more durable than his brain as much Yours/mine are more than ours. In this case it means a lot. It is also pretty much immposible to prove that xxx's brain is durable enough to take "yyy's" attack, since we almost never see direct attacks on brains.

Muscle in itself is actually incredibly dense and injury resistant. Look at houdini for instance. He used to do a trick that allowed him to withstand any blow by tensing his muscles at the exact time to protect his organs. He was actually killed BECAUSE of a surprise blow that managed to damage his organs before he could tense up. So when you're saying that his muscles and organs are proportionally as dense as ours... it still means his organs are MORE vulnerable than the rest of his body. Martial artists have done the same thing. Tensing muscles to withstand blows and protect organs. Because organs are squishy and fragile, Could they be stronger than average? Yeah, they probably are. But it doesn't mean they're so enormously proportionate that they're completely immune to injury. And unfortunately, Thor isn't one of those who can survive for prolonged periods without his organs (as opposed to someone like Juggernaut, who's survived without EVERY major organ system in his body.)

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By majestic99

Thor wins easily. Stronger, faster, more durable, and a much, much more diverse powerset that contains many abilities that he could use to one-shot SS.

m99

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Lance Uppercut said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

It does mean that Thor as a whole being is more durable than "xxx", not that just his skin is more durable than "xxx". Point is that, if Thor can survive some attacks, then You would have to prove that only his skin allowed him to do it, not whole body. If it wasn't said anywhere, then we have to assume that his body is proportional. His muscles are as much more durable than his brain as much Yours/mine are more than ours. In this case it means a lot. It is also pretty much immposible to prove that xxx's brain is durable enough to take "yyy's" attack, since we almost never see direct attacks on brains.

Muscle in itself is actually incredibly dense and injury resistant. Look at houdini for instance. He used to do a trick that allowed him to withstand any blow by tensing his muscles at the exact time to protect his organs. He was actually killed BECAUSE of a surprise blow that managed to damage his organs before he could tense up. So when you're saying that his muscles and organs are proportionally as dense as ours... it still means his organs are MORE vulnerable than the rest of his body. Martial artists have done the same thing. Tensing muscles to withstand blows and protect organs. Because organs are squishy and fragile, Could they be stronger than average? Yeah, they probably are. But it doesn't mean they're so enormously proportionate that they're completely immune to injury. And unfortunately, Thor isn't one of those who can survive for prolonged periods without his organs (as opposed to someone like Juggernaut, who's survived without EVERY major organ system in his body.)

You answered Your question by Yourself. IDK what is the difference between us now. If Thor can easily survive in heart of Sun or if his brain doesn't get crushed by punch from Juggernaut/Rulk/Mangog/Thanos on the head then it won't be this time either.

By straight proportions You would need to put moon-busting force fields in his head to crush it. It is a good attack, but only on people who depends on their armors, skin or other kind of "outside" protection. It won't work on Thor, Hulk nor Superman.
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By vuviper

@czarny_samael666: He's saying that we are not equally durable all around so if Thor's durability is proportional to ours his bones>muscle>organs or w/e. That's why he says you can't just say his brain is as durable as his skin or muscle have been shown to be and why he ask for proof that his organs would be durable enough to be impervious to force fields.

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lance Uppercut

@vuviper said:

@czarny_samael666: He's saying that we are not equally durable all around so if Thor's durability is proportional to ours his bones>muscle>organs or w/e. That's why he says you can't just say his brain is as durable as his skin or muscle have been shown to be and why he ask for proof that his organs would be durable enough to be impervious to force fields.

Thanks for saving me half an hour :D

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By majestic99

There's no difference between Classic and Modern Thor....Classic feats are still canon.

m99

blackpanther1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By blackpanther1

Im gonna be nice and go for ss

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By vuviper

@majestic99 said:

There's no difference between Classic and Modern Thor....Classic feats are still canon.

m99

Character interpretations change over time. Those feats might still be canon, but that doesn't mean they represent Thor's power levels today.

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Malevolent1

Yeah, as far as I'm aware of, the Super Skrull still has the composite powers of the original Fantastic Four. The Thing, back then, could only press about 5 tons.

Thor should take this pretty easily.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By vuviper

@Malevolent1 said:

Yeah, as far as I'm aware of, the Super Skrull still has the composite powers of the original Fantastic Four. The Thing, back then, could only press about 5 tons.

Thor should take this pretty easily.

Even back then Super Skrull would actually lift >100 tons, making him 20 times stronger than Thing. He was supposed to be more powerful in ever way.

No Caption Provided
majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By majestic99

@vuviper:

Never said it represented the same power levels, I merely said the feats are still canon.

m99

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By czarny_samael666
@vuviper said:

And since there is no proof that it is not proportional, he has to prove that it isn't durable enough to take it, not I that it is. Or in other words: If Thor's brain is even 10 times weaker than his muscles, than he has to prove that this force field can do that much damage. 
That is why, I've said, that human-durability (organs) counts only to people in armors or with powers similar to Cage or Logan.

I don't recall myself saying that his brain is as durable as his skin.
majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By majestic99

The answer.....is still Thor.

m99

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jeanroygrant

Thor already beat him.

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Lance Uppercut

@czarny_samael666 said:

@vuviper said:

And since there is no proof that it is not proportional, he has to prove that it isn't durable enough to take it, not I that it is. Or in other words: If Thor's brain is even 10 times weaker than his muscles, than he has to prove that this force field can do that much damage. That is why, I've said, that human-durability (organs) counts only to people in armors or with powers similar to Cage or Logan. I don't recall myself saying that his brain is as durable as his skin.

What?

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

With prep wouldn't SS show up disguised (as Sif,Jane or someone) and either try his hypnosis on him or growing force field within Thors body. Id also say strength wise they are pretty close both can lift 100 tons.

asIsuspected

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spite!!! thor takes this

handsome_stud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor can't hurt superskrull if he uses shield bubble, elastic body, and thing body at once.