Astonishing Thor #4
Astonishing Thor #4

vs
No Caption Provided

Rules:
- No BFR
- To the K.O. or death
- Yat doesnt have the Ion entity  
- Two rounds. In the second round draining is prohibited. 
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Kallarkz

Two very good characters.
I'm not quite sure about the draining part of the rules though. 
I've seen nothing Sodam personally due to suggest that he can drawn Thors hammer of its mystical energy 
Nor that Thor has the ability to drain Sodam of his solar reserves or the GL ring of its power.  

This fight would ultimately go to Thor. 
Sodam Yat is a Daxamite and a GL making him among the most powerful of the Corps. 
BUT he is inexperienced with the Ring. Arisia made a comment at one point that he is as good as most veterans but this has inconsistency at times while he wields his ring. 
Also his Daxamite abilities are very new to him. I believe he barley found out he had them during the Sinestro War (The Guardians told him what a Yellow sun rays could do to him) and him not being assigned to a sector where there is a yellow sun hes not had much practice in honing these abilities (At current time Sodam Yat is a Rogue Lantern). 

Also:  
When Sodam Yats  GL power ring runs out of energy he will begin to die of lead poisoning making him unable to last in a very long fight with top tier individuals such as Thor.  

While some might believe that Kryptonians and Daxamites are similar in powers Daxamites might physically be able to match them, others powers such as Stamina are very different.  

BTW: Thor beating Sodam Yat does not mean Thor > Superman   because Sodam Yat and Superman do not have the same exact power level and do not have similar experience with their abilities or have the same fighting skills.

Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By FortressoftheMoon

Man. I don't know. Sodom yat did holding his own against Superboy Prime until he get impaled. I need to get that issue. I read it only once at the library and didnt know what was going on. I was "Oh cool a hispanic superman and green lantern. Wait what the hell is going on?" 

I guess Sodam Yat but I really stll not sure cause he's fighting Thor. Thor's falcon punches ain't no joke.  
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kallarkz
@FortressoftheMoon said:

Man. I don't know. Sodom yat did holding his own against Superboy Prime until he get impaled. I need to get that issue. I read it only once at the library and didnt know what was going on. I was "Oh cool a hispanic superman and green lantern. Wait what the hell is going on?" I guess Sodam Yat but I really stll not sure cause he's fighting Thor. Thor's falcon punches ain't no joke.  

He had the ION entity then though. Making him extremely more powerful. 

What was happening was the Guardians arrived on Earth and placed the ION Entity inside of Sodam Yat so that he could fight off Superboy Prime. It wa a very long fight that towards the end Sodam was beginning to become a punching bag but he did not want to go down. Ill find the issue.
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By odinforce
@Kallarkz said:
Two very good characters.I'm not quite sure about the draining part of the rules though. I've seen nothing Sodam personally due to suggest that he can drawn Thors hammer of its mystical energy Nor that Thor has the ability to drain Sodam of his solar reserves or the GL ring of its power.   This fight would ultimately go to Thor. Sodam Yat is a Daxamite and a GL making him among the most powerful of the Corps. BUT he is inexperienced with the Ring. Arisia made a comment at one point that he is as good as most veterans but this has inconsistency at times while he wields his ring. Also his Daxamite abilities are very new to him. I believe he barley found out he had them during the Sinestro War (The Guardians told him what a Yellow sun rays could do to him) and him not being assigned to a sector where there is a yellow sun hes not had much practice in honing these abilities (At current time Sodam Yat is a Rogue Lantern).  Also:  When Sodam Yats  GL power ring runs out of energy he will begin to die of lead poisoning making him unable to last in a very long fight with top tier individuals such as Thor.  While some might believe that Kryptonians and Daxamites are similar in powers Daxamites might physically be able to match them, others powers such as Stamina are very different.   BTW: Thor beating Sodam Yat does not mean Thor > Superman   because Sodam Yat and Superman do not have the same exact power level and do not have similar experience with their abilities or have the same fighting skills.
thor can and has drained solar energy. 
i dont know if he can drain GL energy. has it been drained before? 

because thor's hammer has been shown to drain any energy in a situation. thor has absorbed and manipulated solar/magic or mystic/cosmic/radioactive/atomic/null/heat/electricity/life force/soul/magnetic/psionic etc.
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kallarkz
@odinforce said:
@Kallarkz said:
Two very good characters.I'm not quite sure about the draining part of the rules though. I've seen nothing Sodam personally due to suggest that he can drawn Thors hammer of its mystical energy Nor that Thor has the ability to drain Sodam of his solar reserves or the GL ring of its power.   This fight would ultimately go to Thor. Sodam Yat is a Daxamite and a GL making him among the most powerful of the Corps. BUT he is inexperienced with the Ring. Arisia made a comment at one point that he is as good as most veterans but this has inconsistency at times while he wields his ring. Also his Daxamite abilities are very new to him. I believe he barley found out he had them during the Sinestro War (The Guardians told him what a Yellow sun rays could do to him) and him not being assigned to a sector where there is a yellow sun hes not had much practice in honing these abilities (At current time Sodam Yat is a Rogue Lantern).  Also:  When Sodam Yats  GL power ring runs out of energy he will begin to die of lead poisoning making him unable to last in a very long fight with top tier individuals such as Thor.  While some might believe that Kryptonians and Daxamites are similar in powers Daxamites might physically be able to match them, others powers such as Stamina are very different.   BTW: Thor beating Sodam Yat does not mean Thor > Superman   because Sodam Yat and Superman do not have the same exact power level and do not have similar experience with their abilities or have the same fighting skills.

because thor's hammer has been shown to drain any energy in a situation. thor has absorbed and manipulated solar/magic or mystic/cosmic/radioactive/atomic/null/heat/electricity/life force/soul/magnetic/psionic etc.
Thors hammer has been shown to absorb any type of energy in any situation from any person? 
When?
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By odinforce
@Kallarkz said:
@odinforce said:
@Kallarkz said:

Thors hammer has been shown to absorb any type of energy in any situation from any person? When?
alot of times. you've never seen any thor draining/absorbing scans?
Out_of_Space

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Out_of_Space

Very strong characters. I can't decide who will win but i will go with Thor.
FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FortressoftheMoon

@Kallarkz: I think its in the 52 stuff or the Sinestro Wars TPD I think. All I know is that homie was kind of losing in the beginning of the fight but then started to make a comback and then he gets impaled by radiation pipes or something. That's guy right would have won me over to DC right then and there. After reading I thought he was dead but then comes to find out he lives and by the time I was trying to get all his stuff I hear he is stuck in a sun being used as a battery. WTF? I was going to represent Sodom Yat and be like screw Jordan, Stewart, and Gardner. Now I'm just stuck with Kilowag.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kallarkz
@odinforce said:
@Kallarkz said:
@odinforce said:
@Kallarkz said:

Thors hammer has been shown to absorb any type of energy in any situation from any person? When?
If you pass by Thors page you'll see i know much about this guy =) 
I have seen Thor draining and absorbing different energies. 
But i have never seen a scan stating that he could absorb any kind of energy in any situation.  
I would like to see a scan of Thor draining a person of his/her solar energy from their body though.  
Not from a sun however as the 2 are not similar. To state that Thor could drain solar energy from a person there would have to be a clear instance in which he did so.
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kallarkz
@FortressoftheMoon said:

@Kallarkz: I think its in the 52 stuff or the Sinestro Wars TPD I think. All I know is that homie was kind of losing in the beginning of the fight but then started to make a comback and then he gets impaled by radiation pipes or something. That's guy right would have won me over to DC right then and there. After reading I thought he was dead but then comes to find out he lives and by the time I was trying to get all his stuff I hear he is stuck in a sun being used as a battery. WTF? I was going to represent Sodom Yat and be like screw Jordan, Stewart, and Gardner. Now I'm just stuck with Kilowag.

He placed himself inside of the sun of Daxam to turn it yellow so that they would be given powers similar to that of Kryptonians so they could fight an oncoming threat. 
At this current moment in continuity, Sodam Yat is out of the sun and is being mind controlled by a being called Zardor. We are hoping that this "spell" will be broken before the end of War of the Green Lanterns.
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By odinforce
@Kallarkz said:
@odinforce said:
@Kallarkz said:
@odinforce said:
@Kallarkz said:

If you pass by Thors page you'll see i know much about this guy =) I have seen Thor draining and absorbing different energies. But i have never seen a scan stating that he could absorb any kind of energy in any situation.  I would like to see a scan of Thor draining a person of his/her solar energy from their body though.  Not from a sun however as the 2 are not similar. To state that Thor could drain solar energy from a person there would have to be a clear instance in which he did so.
"any kind of energy in any situation" 
 that statement was just something i said to basically sum up all of thor's draining feats. but he's had no trouble when draining before with any energy 

thor drained solar energy from the sun and redirected it toward some vampires, that was his solar absorbing feat
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By buttersdaman000
@Kallarkz
I would say he is a lot more experieced with the ring and his powers now than he was during the SCW

Also, I doubt that these two hothead fighters will have a battle lasting 24+ hours. So the ring charge issue shouldnt be a problem
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kallarkz
@odinforce said:

that statement was just something i said to basically sum up all of thor's draining feats. but he's had no trouble when draining before with any energy 

thor drained solar energy from the sun and redirected it toward some vampires, that was his solar absorbing feat
Ah Ok.   
I do know that Thor has the ability to absorb solar energy from the sun.
But making it a fact to say that he could drain it from an actual living sentient being would require a scan.
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By odinforce
@Kallarkz said:
@odinforce said:

Ah Ok.   I do know that Thor has the ability to absorb solar energy from the sun.But making it a fact to say that he could drain it from an actual living sentient being would require a scan.
my bad. but how is draining from the sun and a person different?
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kallarkz
@buttersdaman000 said:
@Kallarkz:  I would say he is a lot more experieced with the ring and his powers now than he was during the SCW  Also, I doubt that these two hothead fighters will have a battle lasting 24+ hours. So the ring charge issue shouldnt be a problem
The charge of a green lantern power ring no longer has the 24 hour limit. It depends on how much energy is used. 
FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kallarkz: Ok let me get this straight. Sodom yat is out of the sun and is out in space doing stuff? For real? Can you send me the name of of some TPDs or story arcs where I can find this or the actual name of the story arc when he fights Superboy Prime? What actual title Sodam Yat can be found in?

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Kallarkz
@odinforce said:
@Kallarkz said:
@odinforce said:

Ah Ok.   I do know that Thor has the ability to absorb solar energy from the sun.But making it a fact to say that he could drain it from an actual living sentient being would require a scan.
I don't see Kryptonians or Daxamites as walking suns who wear all the energy on their shoulders. 
Their cells absorb this energy and metabolize it. While I am aware that other beings have achieved this feat with clear proof that they had the ability to absorb energy from all sources I haven't seen Thor do this in the past to a person who absorbs energy in this way. 
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Chaos Prime

Silly question but does Thors hammer have any trace of Iron init? Yep its magical property but still cast from Iron/steel due to the nature of those times..
If so could he somehow use the Iron property init to attack Mr Yat with?

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By buttersdaman000
@FortressoftheMoon
He fights SBP during the Sinestro corps war. Just buy the Trade issues of it.
Right now, I think Yat is currently featured in Green Lantern; Emerald Warriors. 

@Kallarkz
 Ahh, I was not aware of that. When did this become the case?
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By buttersdaman000
@Chaos Prime
Yat is weak to lead poisoning, not iron.
.........or are they the same thing?
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kallarkz
@FortressoftheMoon said:

@Kallarkz: Ok let me get this straight. Sodom yat is out of the sun and is out in space doing stuff? For real? Can you send me the name of of some TPDs or story arcs where I can find this or the actual name of the story arc when he fights Superboy Prime? What actual title Sodam Yat can be found in? 
Yup Sodam Yat is in space and is no longer powering the sun. 
His father Diro Yat went crazy though and attempted to force him to go back so he could return all the powers to the Daxamite race. 

Sodam Yat fights with Superboy Prime in The Sinestro Corps War Vol. 2 
Too see how Sodam Yat got in the current situation that he is read "Emerald Warriors

Sodam Yats Epic Cover
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By odinforce
@Kallarkz said:
@odinforce said:
@Kallarkz said:
@odinforce said:

I don't see Kryptonians or Daxamites as walking suns who wear all the energy on their shoulders. Their cells absorb this energy and metabolize it. While I am aware that other beings have achieved this feat with clear proof that they had the ability to absorb energy from all sources I haven't seen Thor do this in the past to a person who absorbs energy in this way. 
oh ok. but who knows, mjolnir is sort of a plot device haha. 
oh and idk if this is a stupid question or not, but can GL energy be absorbed/drained?
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Chaos Prime
@buttersdaman000 said:
@Chaos Prime:  Yat is weak to lead poisoning, not iron. .........or are they the same thing?
No lol i dont think they are..Just being way off the mark for some reason i thought the Dax were vunerable to Iron Lol
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By buttersdaman000
@odinforce
Ive never seen GL Energy be drained.....
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By odinforce
@buttersdaman000 said:
@odinforce:  Ive never seen GL Energy be drained.....
ok yeah it seemed like a weird thought 
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Kallarkz
@odinforce said:

@Kallarkz said:

@odinforce said:

@Kallarkz said:
@odinforce said:

I don't see Kryptonians or Daxamites as walking suns who wear all the energy on their shoulders. Their cells absorb this energy and metabolize it. While I am aware that other beings have achieved this feat with clear proof that they had the ability to absorb energy from all sources I haven't seen Thor do this in the past to a person who absorbs energy in this way. 
oh ok. but who knows, mjolnir is sort of a plot device haha. 
oh and idk if this is a stupid question or not, but can GL energy be absorbed/drained?
GL Energy can be drained by a Red Lantern or a Manhunter very quickly. 
Unless a Blue Lantern is around because their rings have the ability to charge a power ring. When Hal Jordan visited Odym after spending so much time with Saint Walker his ring was charged to over 200%. 

@Kallarkz

:  Ahh, I was not aware of that. When did this become the case? 
I think it was during the time that Kyle came on and received a new ring....but i could be wrong about the when. Ill verify now
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By odinforce
@Kallarkz: considering thor's hammer and what it has done and is capable of, do you think it can absorb GL energy? i mean, its just energy isnt it?
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Kallarkz
@odinforce said:
@Kallarkz: considering thor's hammer and what it has done and is capable of, do you think it can absorb GL energy? i mean, its just energy isnt it?
That i do think Thor has the ability to absorb.  
But not straight from the ring itself like a Red Lantern or Manhunters. 
Rather energy targeted directly at Thor
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By odinforce
@Kallarkz said:
@odinforce said:
That i do think Thor has the ability to absorb.  But not straight from the ring itself like a Red Lantern or Manhunters. Rather energy targeted directly at Thor
yeah targeted at thor was what i was thinking of
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By King_Saturn
I think Sodam Yat with the ION power should be able to defeat Thor... could be an interesting fight though... 
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By Billy Batson

Sodam Yat. 

BB

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By buttersdaman000
@King Saturn
Yat doesnt have the Ion power.
If he did then, imo, this would be a stomp
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By buttersdaman000

bump

Darkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By Darkerman

Sodom Yat

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By majestic99

Thor wins.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By 80sBaby

Thor stomps Yat, with or without Ion.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jayfournines

hrm...I....uh...hrm

I go with Sodam Yat on this one

Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sodam stomps

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#40  Edited By blackadamFTW

@Jayfournines said:

hrm...I....uh...hrm

I go with Sodam Yat on this one

sumafatrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By sumafatrider

ahh come one sodam stomps,without the ring he isa daxamite more than a match for thor with the ring thor doesnt stand a chance

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sodam Yat

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sodam Yat has no neck feats.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sodam Yat wrecks

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

^

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Sodam Yat should take this

Avatar image for deactivated-60f0e58a604c0
deactivated-60f0e58a604c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sodam Yat

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Yat's powerful, but his lack of experience compared to more vet Lanterns, combined with his dangerously low resistance to energy manipulation in any manner means that Thor could win, if he has his head screwed on.

Atrocitus001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sodam, in theory can beat Thor. Problem is, his less experience with his powers becomes a liability in this fight. Thor takes this(high-diff).