• 66 results
#51 Edited by drgnx (3512 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowpro said:

@drgnx: NO WAIT WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

atrocitus has magic?

Yes, he mainly uses it for Blood-prophecy to see the future, and I think it played a part in his creation of the Red Lantern Battery and rings via some blood ritual.

But he used it, and his blood, to mind control a legion of Man-hunters by paining "x" on their heads and doing some ritual. Yes, Atrocitous is not only is the Red Lantern Leader but controls an army of man-hunters.

He used magic billions of years ago to battle the guardians and manhunters though with no ring.

So if Thor can't use abilities he has not shown for the last 20+ years I guess we can't give Atrocitus Battle Magic??? (this is a joke btw :] )

#52 Posted by spiderbuck (2406 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

Has Thor ever absorb solid constructs?

@spiderbuck said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@clark_el said:

@thundergodswrath said:

Thor loses. Even I can admit that.

Ultimate proof right there.

There was no proof that would say that Thor loses.

1.He wins, because his magic thunders are levels above normal thunders and they were able to KO Surfer, Hulk and Alter-Ego.

2.Thor can absorb everyting that they will bring at him.

3.Are current Apollo and Martian that strong? I would need proves. Pre-52 feats doesn't count of course.

4.It doesn't matter if people belive that Atrocitus can beat Adam and Superman.

5.Comparing Mongul to Thor is useless.

@spiderbuck said:

@czarny_samael666: I am not quite convinced that Thor would be able to absorb the power of the rings. Electro was able to find a way to counter this problem with help by AIM, and I'm certain the sophistication level of the power rings would allow for similar adjustments. So then in a straight fight, these two power houses should have what it takes to at least take a slight majority, 6/10.

No, Electro transformed himself into anti-matter energy, as normal energy he was easily absorbed by Thor.

Thor in the past abosrbed nuclear energy, termal-energy, cosmic energy, magic energy, Nega-Bomb energy, Grandmaster's bomb energy, Vector's energy, Kang's machine energy and few other types too.

I guess that would be the issue/sticking point. If we assume he can absorb emotional energy then he could theoretically wipe entire Corps' worth of Lanterns, including Larfreeze and excluding Guardians.

I wonder about the energy absorption. How does Thor's work? Does he insta-zap it or does he drain by swinging his hammer.

And does he absorb physical constructs at that. Atrocitous does not use energy blasts but spits acidic plasma which is liquid. Sinestro will throw "a" energy Blast, but would stop after the first one gets absorbed and try solid constructs at least once.

I thought Lantern rings can be drained. but it is not instant, the real question is can Thor stand there drain their rings while they are actually attacking him? Atrocitous would be in his face trying H2H, and he also uses magic, but has not used it in combat since he got his ring.

He used it recently to fight and convert an army of Manhunters which are now under his control.

#53 Edited by ShadowPro (1102 posts) - - Show Bio

atrocitus ROOOOCKSSSSS

#54 Edited by UltraSuperTrooper (674 posts) - - Show Bio

@clark_el: ahh I do like those feats a lot. I really think Thor's durability will be an enourmous problem for them though. And Lantern's durability is always spotty for me, im not sure if they could take a few blows from mjlonir. Thor has also been able to take out people like Silver Surfer! And by transitive property (which you are using in your arguments), since SS could beat anyone there, Thor can win. His power absorption also is a huge problem for the lanterns, whose powers can actually run out. I only give him slight majority though 5.5/10

#55 Edited by Clark_EL (2158 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrasupertrooper: I'll agree to that

Hey have you checked my tournament you're up against someone.

#56 Posted by handsome_stud (267 posts) - - Show Bio

sinestro solos

atro might solo.. 50/50

#57 Posted by Clark_EL (2158 posts) - - Show Bio

@handsome_stud:

1) Atrocitus>>Sinestro...

2) Sinestro is not soloing Thor.

#58 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16629 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx: @spiderbuck:

1.He absorbs and drains energy in any way he wants. Similar like it is with his ability to teleport: He can create portal or just shot BFR-beam on his opponent. His hammer was drainning energy from whole Nega Bomb as much as it was drainning energy from whole Presence body:

Few feats that I currently had uploaded.

Sinestro's constructs are still made out of energy and their power would only amp Thor's blast against his enemies.

When I am thinking about Atrocitus, You've made me doubt in this currently.

3.Sinestro's and Hal's rings were instantly depowered in SCW by some Manhunter's weapons IIRC.

#59 Posted by DedrabbiT (499 posts) - - Show Bio

Lanterns win this 8/10. I believe sinestro or atrocitus is just below Thor's level. Together they will outwit him and out power him most of the time. If Thor gets lucky or gets pissed enough quickly then MAYBE. Just MAYBE he can pick up a couple wins.

#60 Posted by oceanmaster21 (6306 posts) - - Show Bio

sinestro will show thor the meaning of fear

#61 Edited by spiderbuck (2406 posts) - - Show Bio

1.He absorbs and drains energy in any way he wants. Similar like it is with his ability to teleport: He can create portal or just shot BFR-beam on his opponent. His hammer was drainning energy from whole Nega Bomb as much as it was drainning energy from whole Presence body:

Sinestro's constructs are still made out of energy and their power would only amp Thor's blast against his enemies.

3.Sinestro's and Hal's rings were instantly depowered in SCW by some Manhunter's weapons IIRC.

Is there anyone in here who can counter the argument that Thor can drain their energy?? I mean, if he could do it against Glory.... Remember I chose the Team, but it's getting harder to justify that position. Without a counter to the energy drain argument, I'm going with Thor.

#62 Edited by Simon_the_digger (2622 posts) - - Show Bio

Team probably.

#63 Posted by cortadew (248 posts) - - Show Bio

you are a great debater

#64 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16629 posts) - - Show Bio
#65 Edited by drgnx (3512 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

Thanks a lot for the info, it does answer a few questions and provide a few theories, but raises a few points as well.

I don't think Thor could simply absorb Plasma or constructs directly, because they are tangible objects emitting or composed of energy, while the scans show him absorbing energy in the form of waves from the EM spectrum which is a bit different. I could see him 'possibly' being able to drain them though because Thor is not, to my knowledge limited to energy manipulation, he also has magic (which I believe most corps tap into somewhat) so I'd give him more credit than most energy manipulators in this aspect. If Thor's matter manipulation is still relevant, he would have all the pieces to be a lantern's nightmare (Magic, Matter, and Energy Manipulation), under these circumstances I'd honestly say if anyone could directly effect a Lanterns constructs, Thor would be high on that list.

As for draining, its just a matter of how quick, based on the scans he is not attacking and draining at the same time, assuming his draining effect could prevent one lantern from moving it would be hard if the other is attacking, however one on one I could this being an issue now, again, assuming compatibility.

The real issue is, this is not really defined well, in terms of how Lanterns powers can be siphoned, or more importantly, their actual nature. This issue get danced around a lot because no one can really define what type of power a Lantern has (where does the emotion spectrum fit into Marvel?). My best Theory for Thor is really just that.

To clarify, The Manhunters were created by the guardians and to be honest, don't really seem to fit the bill of any of the types I mentioned for Thor. And, we have seen that the rings can actually be simply shut down by certain triggers or drained by things like the Rod Atrocitus made for Black Hand, but those are people with in-depth knowledge of the Lanterns specifically.

#66 Posted by Clark_EL (2158 posts) - - Show Bio