Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Malevolent1

@tomlikesfries said:

@Charlie_Jade said:

@tomlikesfries said:

Silver Surfer can only go at the speed of light or faster once he enters hyperspace

Surfer has gone FTL many many times WITHOUT hyperspace, the 'hyperspace' thing was only introduced in the 1990s to make the comics science-ish like starwars and stargate

in the last fight vs Thor, Odin is in battle with Galactus and Galactus gets his face damaged by Thor and the hammer. Surfer seeing Galactus hurt blitzes into Thor sending him from Earth to Mars in half a second. No mention of hyperspace, he slams Thor into Mars FTL by using just pure speed

Maybe I should've been a little more specific. Surfer may have gone FTL later on in more recent comics, but Norrin could not fly at the speed of light in his classic version, at least when in planets and not in outer space.

Above would be what we call poor writing and a fluke. Issue 6, volume 1, the Silver Surfer breaks the light speed barrier, then the time barrier:

No Caption Provided

Notice that hyperspace is never mentioned in this feat. Issue 1 above was written in 1968. The first appearance of the Silver Surfer was in Fantastic Four 48 and hyperspace WAS mentioned in connection with the Silver Surfer. Therefore, when the above feat was done, the writer (Stan Lee, who also wrote issue 48 of the Fantastic Four) was well aware of hyperspace. The thing people seem to forget is that different science fiction writers utilize "hyperspace" differently from one another. For example, the star ships in Star Trek and Battle Star Galactica entered hyperspace because they were so fast. Hyperspace was available to them BECAUSE their engines pushed them past light speed. Same with the Surfer. After he exceeds light speed, he can then choose to enter hyperspace or not. Granted, the Handbook of the Marvel Universe says he enters hyperspace, then exceeds light speed. However, the Marvel website does NOT say the same. And continuity, which rules as KING for the sake of battle forum discussions, should always be considered first. Notice how Steve Englehart explains it in Silver Surfer Annual 2:

No Caption Provided

Notice the narration above? The Surfer exceeds light speed, then he can enter hyperspace if he so chooses.

Surfer has numerous feats indicating he is not only faster than light in travel speed but that his reaction/combat speed is faster than light as well. I have chronicled some of those feats here:

http://www.comicvine.com/silver-surfer/29-2502/silver-surfers-reaction-time-and-combat-speed/92-557085/?page=2

And, uh, no way in hell does Thor fly faster than the Surfer. Let me know when Thor can time travel or dimension travel on just pure speed. The fastest time I have ever seen Thor fly was 3x the speed of light.

No offense. Just my two cents.

ghostsuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By ghostsuck

@pooty: you mean hyperspace

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By pooty

I said "hyper time" lol.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Bo88gdan

Silver SUrfer probably

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

This wouldn't even be a race.

Surfer would be at the end before Thor knew it started.

Avatar image for all_mighty_beyonder
All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MzombieX: @Malevolent1:

no one responded to my question, can Norrin teleport or not?

beause if he can't, and since there is no restriction on teleportation & time travel in this race, Thor would have a chance by teleportation. but i doubt that because Silver Surfer can travel time while never did i heard Thor can.

GypRosetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By GypRosetti

@MzombieX: The furthest reaches of galaxy scan doesn't tell the whole story. Odin is shown to be responsible for returning Mjolnir.

Odin Returns Mjolnir 001
Odin Returns Mjolnir 001
Odin Returns Mjolnir 002
Odin Returns Mjolnir 002
Odin Returns Mjolnir 003
Odin Returns Mjolnir 003
MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By MzombieX

@GypRosetti: I see where you're coming from, and I'm not necessarily claiming you're wrong. Yet I'm also not completely convinced that's what the scans are implying. That is if you mean to say that Odin directly placed Mjolnir there suddenly.

I understand he reflects to himself "My father mocks me" but I interpret the scans differently. Thor wishes to be rid of the hammer and yet it returns (as it always has) no matter how far he attempts to throw it. Now it taunts him with his immortality. He cannot be rid of it, because this is the unwritten law of Odin. Mjolnir is bound to Thor by Odin's word - It's the "convention" as Thor refers to it. The stipulation between he and the All-Father. That ... along with the half life mortal body of his alter ego, which Odin had forced upon him as punishment to teach humility, is why Thor feels he is being mocked.

I don't see enough evidence to say that Odin just "put it there" ... and he's clearly not shown doing so .... but I could be wrong.

At any rate, Beta Ray Bill has flown across half the galaxy as well - in just a matter of moments, from one page to the next. I think the nature of Stormbreaker, in comparison to Mjolnir, further reinforces that the hammer is quite capable of traveling that distance, as it likely did in those Thor scans.

No Caption Provided
GypRosetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By GypRosetti

@MzombieX: There are scans which show Odin on his throne in the same sequence but I have as yet been unable to find them, I saw them yesterday and should have saved them. I have no doubt Mjolnir could tag anyone regardless of how fast they are but in the interests of being accurate I thought it only fair to dispel the misconception about those particular scans.

MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By MzombieX

@Malevolent1: The scans are nice to showcase SS entering hyperspace, or going above light speed. As far as your last comment though, is there any way that solves the question of Surfer being faster than Thor? Why is there "no way in hell" that he's as fast?

The first two points you made, don't really apply to this race in my opinion.

1.) Thor intentionally sacrificed Mjolnir's time travel enchantment he once had, so no ... I doubt he could now do so without Odin Force. Yet he has before & moved at high speed to do so. Not in a straight line or around in a wide circle - but in a compressed cyclone that would bend time & space, as he & Mjolnir became an infinite vortex.

2.) As far as dimensional travel, Thor walks between worlds with a twirl of his hammer or flick of his wrist. He's even banished enemies to other dimensions just by pointing the hammer at them. So there's no real need for him to take off somewhere & gather up enough speed to do so.

In the scan you mention, where Thor is flying 3x the speed of light, he had just torn open a rift and entered a wormhole as space twisted and weaved around him. He essentially entered hyperspace & was accelerating beyond light as he "doubles ... then trebles ..." Which is no less than Surfer shows in those scans. Someone already posted the scans of Thor entering hyperspace with EGO, so that's not really debatable. Considering the way hyperspace works is a bunch of science fiction jargon, we have no idea what distance or speeds each one can travel after that. It would take an estimate of 50,000 years while moving at light speed, to travel the distance both Mjolnir & Stormbreaker have gone. Mjolnir in around 60 seconds & Beta Ray Bill seen flying across half the galaxy, in a matter of moments from one page to the next.

Not stating one way or the other if Thor is faster or Surfer is faster in this race. Just questioning if anyone has any real hard evidence or numbers out there.

MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By MzombieX

@GypRosetti said:

@MzombieX: There are scans which show Odin on his throne in the same sequence but I have as yet been unable to find them, I saw them yesterday and should have saved them. I have no doubt Mjolnir could tag anyone regardless of how fast they are but in the interests of being accurate I thought it only fair to dispel the misconception about those particular scans.

Ok fair enough. If you happen to find those scans, I'd be interested in seeing them Rosetti. I'll do a little searching myself in the next couple days to see what I can find. I still think it's fair to say BRB was stated as traveling as such though ...

GypRosetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By GypRosetti

@MzombieX: @CitizenBane Dispelled the misconception. I found the scan in his images. Thor is trying to commit suicide and as you can see Odin says "I hope I have managed to keep him alive a bit longer"

Odin Returns Mjolnir 004
Odin Returns Mjolnir 004
MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By MzombieX

@GypRosetti: Much appreciated man! I go to make some breakfast, come back, and Rosetti delivers like a boss.

This is the first time I have ever seen this section of those scans. You've just destroyed years of my outlook on what was intended and taking place in that scene Lol. I don't know how I've missed this and haven't seen anyone post this pic of Odin before, to show the man himself behind it. Never even seen anyone question it before.

With that being said, it isn't as easy now to determine how far the hammer really got before it was brought back. Which is a shame. I'd love to say it made it half the trip or even to the edge of the galaxy, from Thor's initial throw, before Odin snatched it up and perhaps teleported it back. This would only cut half the time off from the return trip - but that's all speculation & there's no way to honestly say how far it got at all ....

Yet I still have to say the scan of BRB flying half the galaxy, should make up for the travel speed feat dispelled here. It's a feat that represents approximately the same distance ... unless of course you have plans to shatter my world again with something I'm missing.

GypRosetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By GypRosetti

@MzombieX: Maybe Thor threw Mjolnir thinking it wouldn't return in 60 seconds but who knows? Surfer's advantage in a race is that he travels at FTL regularly, Thor only does so when necessary. The split second difference would favour Silver Surfer over a short distance. Over a longer distance maybe Thor would eventually overtake. Thor could cheat of course, by stopping time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c63f773eaecf
deactivated-5c63f773eaecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ego is nowhere near as fast as Surfer. Though, Thor is no slouch I personally believe Surfer has no problems beating Thor in speed. I think that it is possible that Thors hammer can be called to him at immense speeds that might be able to show up Surfer, but not tossed nearly as fast as Silver Surfer can move.

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Malevolent1

@MzombieX: I don't know about hard numbers. But from what I've read of both characters, the Surfer is leagues faster than Thor. Speed has always been one of the Surfer's basic powers, since he started in his own magazine back in 1968:

No Caption Provided

Surfer above refers to the "limitless" speeds at which he can travel...granted, the term limitless is subjective (like Hulk's strength, for example), but we all get the point. The above scan is from SS 13. Above that, Galactus' narrative indicates the Surfer's board knows almost no limitations (from SS Annual 3). I think someone already posted a scan of the Infinity Gauntlet grab. Over a light year away from Thanos, sends the Surfer to grab the infinity gauntlet from Thanos' hand. Thanos raises his arm to throw a punch and before he barely begins to take a swing at Captain America, the Surfer is on him. That was over a light year away. He instantly accelerates to millions of times the speed of light. Thor has never been shown to have that kind of speed. This race, is just not a contest.

MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By MzombieX

@Malevolent1 said:

No Caption Provided

@MzombieX: I don't know about hard numbers. But from what I've read of both characters, the Surfer is leagues faster than Thor. Speed has always been one of the Surfer's basic powers, since he started in his own magazine back in 1968:

Surfer above refers to the "limitless" speeds at which he can travel...granted, the term limitless is subjective (like Hulk's strength, for example), but we all get the point. The above scan is from SS 13. Above that, Galactus' narrative indicates the Surfer's board knows almost no limitations (from SS Annual 3). I think someone already posted a scan of the Infinity Gauntlet grab. Over a light year away from Thanos, sends the Surfer to grab the infinity gauntlet from Thanos' hand. Thanos raises his arm to throw a punch and before he barely begins to take a swing at Captain America, the Surfer is on him. That was over a light year away. He instantly accelerates to millions of times the speed of light. Thor has never been shown to have that kind of speed. This race, is just not a contest.

True enough that Surfer simply does it more often, because it's kind of where he spends most his time. His character regularly wanders space, where as Thor's responsibility ties him down to his defense of Asgard and his oath to protect Midgard. So based on that alone I could maybe agree in giving Surfer the edge. I'm not taking sides, and posted a scan earlier to support Surfer's vast speed.

The way I see it, if this race was really no contest and SS was far above Thor's travel speed, he wouldn't have allowed Thor to blitz past him. In the scan where they are streaking towards each other, during the battle with Odin & Galactus, they appear to be moving at equal speed. Next - Thor makes a last moment directional cut, because his true target is the helm of Galactus himself. Thor has the advantage in that, because he knows what he is going to do before SS does. Yet this isn't unlike an NFL wide receiver running a route and SS being the corner back defending against him. If Surfer's speed & thought process was truly so vastly superior, he should have been able to easily make the adjustment, overtake Thor, and cut him off. As it stands, he failed to do so. Combined with the scan of SS struggling to keep up with Mjolnir, but matching pace with it considering Mjolnir had the head start, seems to indicate they could be on par.

Statements from Galactus, of Surfer soaring the cosmos with "virtually" no limitations and entering hyperspace, is still just really vague comic book talk and ... just as subjective as you already mentioned. Considering Thor also enters hyperspace at whim, when he takes to cosmic adventures, places him technically still on par in travel speed. Beta Ray Bill was created to essentially be a "Space Thor" so Stormbreaker could take him on adventures where Thor doesn't patrol as often. So the idea that SS has the advantage because he spends more time in space, isn't really that strong of a case. Stormbreaker has carried BRB 50,000 light years, across half the galaxy, in moments (Something I don't doubt for a moment SS is capable of either) But while Surfer's feat of traveling 1 light year in a moment, is extremely impressive ... it technically still rests well below that.

This race is less of a Thor vs Silver Surfer contest IMO, than it is a Mjolnir vs Board contest. Both are unique and iconic cosmic weapons/tools. Both show the capability to bend time & space or to fold & tear rifts to enter hyperspace. For now I'm willing to give the "slight edge" to SS based on simply spending more time in space ... but I'm honestly still not convinced there's really much of a difference ... and it's nothing more than a guess. I definitely don't think it's a no contest.

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Malevolent1

@MzombieX: Probably the best way to solve your inquiry is by showing feats. Fraction wrote Mighty Thor 4, the fight you are talking about. Fraction was great with X books...but he sucked in Thor. Thor, although having demonstrated he can move about 3x light speed has never shown anything beyond that. Also, Any fight involving the Surfer that lasts much longer than a few panels is often the result of PIS. The same could be said for other characters with an enormous speed advantage over their opponent, for example, The Flash and Superman come to mind. How many opponents have they faced that could have been dealt with early on by being blitzed? Same thing with the Surfer. While Surfer has routinely demonstrated he has speed much faster than light, Thor has only crossed that barrier a few times in 50 years of continuity. I have never read anything that would make me think Thor is on par with the Surfer in terms of straight line speed or reaction speed. What feats do you have of Thor that make you think other wise? May I see them?

MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MzombieX

@Malevolent1: Sure thing man - Some feats have already been posted by myself & others pages 1 - 3. As far as what makes me think otherwise ... I thought I just explained it in detail during the post you just responded to, as well as the one I sent to you on page 3. Thor enters hyperspace just as easily as SS can & BRB flew across half the galaxy to track down the source of his ship's signal. The Milky Way is 100,000 - 120,000 light years across. That already places flight speed far beyond 3x ftl. Of course Surfer routinely demonstrates he has speed as fast or faster than light on his board, which he is standing on 95% of the time while he's cruisin about. Yet Mjolnir & Stormbreaker also travel at those speeds. Thor & Bill may not be seen running around at those speeds, but neither is Surfer.

I also find Fraction to be a terrible writer & his dialog sucks ... yet that has little to do with this really. Fraction isn't the only writer to show Thor matching up against SS. Surfer actually showed pretty well during Fractions run, in comparison to past encounters with Thor ... and Fraction is a guy who is notorious for making Thor look like crap. As far as you bringing up fights or not seeing anything from Thor to be on par in reaction speed - When not stalemating Surfer, Thor has defeated him in every encounter they've had. Both Thor & BRB have always seemed to react to or tag him just fine from what I can tell. But all of that is off topic because this is a straight up travel race of hammer vs board.

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Malevolent1

@MzombieX said:

@Malevolent1: Sure thing man - Some feats have already been posted by myself & others pages 1 - 3. As far as what makes me think otherwise ... I thought I just explained it in detail during the post you just responded to, as well as the one I sent to you on page 3. Thor enters hyperspace just as easily as SS can & BRB flew across half the galaxy to track down the source of his ship's signal. The Milky Way is 100,000 - 120,000 light years across. That already places flight speed far beyond 3x ftl. Of course Surfer routinely demonstrates he has speed as fast or faster than light on his board, which he is standing on 95% of the time while he's cruisin about. Yet Mjolnir & Stormbreaker also travel at those speeds. Thor & Bill may not be seen running around at those speeds, but neither is Surfer.

I also find Fraction to be a terrible writer & his dialog sucks ... yet that has little to do with this really. Fraction isn't the only writer to show Thor matching up against SS. Surfer actually showed pretty well during Fractions run, in comparison to past encounters with Thor ... and Fraction is a guy who is notorious for making Thor look like crap. As far as you bringing up fights or not seeing anything from Thor to be on par in reaction speed - When not stalemating Surfer, Thor has defeated him in every encounter they've had. Both Thor & BRB have always seemed to react to or tag him just fine from what I can tell. But all of that is off topic because this is a straight up travel race of hammer vs board.

Here is my concern:

1) You appear to be equating BRB and Thor as the same. For the purpose of forum battles, I don't see how that will fly since Bill is Bill and Thor is Thor. Again, the fastest feat I have of Thor is him flying 3x light speed:

No Caption Provided

2) The feat with Bill where he travels 100, 000 light years away? How many feats like that does he have? Is it possible it was simply poor writing? That is why I mentioned Fraction earlier. He did great on X books but he has no feel for how to demonstrate power, nor does he really have a grasp of just how powerful the character Thor was (not to mention what his speed limitations are).

3) The Silver Surfer has always been depicted as a FAST character, from the time he had his own magazine back in the 60s and speed is a theme that has always been concurrent with the character. Thor? Not so much. For us to be equating Thor and the Surfer in speed, he would have to routinely demonstrate stuff like this:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

At the top, from Silver Surfer 6, from 1968, Surfer exceeds not only the light speed barrier but the time travelling barrier. Incidentally, I have found time travel/dimension travel to be the pinnacle for any comic character in terms of speed. When a character is so fast that they are no longer subject to time, but time becomes subject to them? There is nothing faster than that. Surfer routinely travels time from his first run to his last run in comic books. Below that, Reed comments on how Surfer has covered light years in only seconds. Below that, Guardians of the Galaxy 60, the Surfer catches up to Starhawk is was already travelling at three times the speed of light. Below that, in the time it takes Thanos to barely move his fist forward to punch Captain America, the Silver Surfer is on him. He was over a light year away. So...the time it takes light to travel in a year? He covered in a moment. Below that, from Silver Surfer 6, second volume, Surfer saves Shalla Bal from a sphere that is set to explode on contact. On contact. Yet, he was so fast, he was able to save Shalla Bal from even being touched by the explosion. Below that, the Surfer fights Durok then proceeds to break the time barrier.

These are only a few of the scans I have of Surfer's breathtaking speed. On the other hand, Thor has never been one to be known for speed on that level. Not to say he does not have superhuman speed and reflexes. He does. But FTL speed? Nope. The only FTL speed feat I am aware of is the one I've shown at the top.

Surfer beats Thor in a race every single day of the week and twice on Sunday without breaking a sweat.

EDIT: Weird. All images did not upload. Will try again.

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Malevolent1
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Guardians of the Galaxy 60

No Caption Provided

Mighty Thor 193.

Again, speed is a power set that has been consistent with the Surfer's character for literally decades. Thor has never been known to accomplish any of the speed feats above, particularly time travel from sheer, raw speed on a routine basis like the Surfer. Thor is not in the Surfer's league in terms of speed.

MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By MzombieX

@Malevolent1:

1.) I don't see any difference between Thor and BRB in travel speed here. Unless of course you can honestly say you believe - Odin forged Strombreaker and thought to himself "Meh ... ya know what. I did a pretty good job with that Mjolnir thing, but this time I'm gonna crank out the juice on this bad boy and hook it up with some extra .. GREASE LIGHTNIN!"

Yes that's a classic scan of Thor entering hyperspace as he twists and weaves space etc. Entering a wormhole, he accelerates beyond the speed of light, as he doubles ... then trebles dot dot dot

The other scans are listed here, by the OP I believe, of him & EGO on page 1. As he once again enters hyperspace and passes EGO up, while EGO is accelerating in hyperspace. The OP had estimated numbers of 15,000 x light speed. Which I have seen debated before, though I admit I'm not certain how those numbers were crunched.

2.) The feat with Bill was more likely around 50,000 light years, not 100,000 I would estimate. Seeing as how he covered "half" the galaxy. Definitely his biggest feat actually giving some distance to measure in writing, that I'm aware of. Though SS would have to be doing that as well, no doubt. In order for guys like this to travel those distances from planet to planet, across solar systems, etc. They have to move thousands of light years in a short amount of time. Otherwise they would be old and grey. And Hyperspace is the ultimate sci-fi excuse to explain it and have no real limit to what is possible. I'm not surprised with Bill, given that he spends time traveling the cosmos. He's from an alien race and teams up often with guys like Quasar & Silver Surfer and Gladiator, etc. He's stationed far from Midgard and has done very well keeping up with Heralds or cosmic beings in the past. In both combat and flight speed. Being on Surfer's turf, this allows him opportunity to put those "beyond the Earth's atmosphere" speeds to the test more.

3.) Completely Agreed. He has always been known for travel speed. It's Surfer's thing and that's why I give him the edge. Most of Thor's feats, when he isn't making that random trip across space, is the hammer itself. Being thrown and guided at those speeds ( which I compare to SS using the telepathic link with the board, as an offensive weapon blitzing around) Mjolnir becoming the infinity vortex, bending time & space with Mjolnir's speed as well. It may not seem as noticeable because Surfer is on his board seen moving at those speeds. While Thor isn't always attached to the hammer, unless he really has to go somewhere beyond Earth or Asgard. But the hammer's speed is Thor's speed in travel. As fast as he can throw or spin it, is as fast as it will carry him. The hyperspace warping enchantment matches SS. His encounter with SS, as seen more recently raises questions ... though you don't trust Fraction, and I can't blame you lol :)

I have to go for now, but next time I'm on I'll take time to put some scans together if you want.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By comic_book_fan

surfer wins.

Daaerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Daaerk

Silver Surfer.

Much faster at reacting and he is part-Galactus too. -.-

Surfer stomps especially if blood lusted.

~ Daaerk

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#75  Edited By Floopay

@Malevolent1:

Actually Thor's greatest travel speed feat is chasing down Ego while Ego was going thousands of times the speed of light, and was having a heck of a time doing that.

That being said, Surfer travels at those speeds quite often, and without much effort. He should outclass Thor here by a lot.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Malevolent1

@Floopay: Interesting. Was that from Astonishing Thor?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Floopay

@Malevolent1 said:

@Floopay: Interesting. Was that from Astonishing Thor?

Journey Into Mystery.

His first appearance, I think he mimics Mjonlir to gain all of Thor's stats, but he does do it. He also does it to Green Hulk and Grey Hulk at one point. And to Giant Man and Sentry much later on. I think in Astonishing Thor might be his appearance where he absorbs a god blast from Gungir by Odin and becomes super powerful.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mjolnir speed > SS but I don't know if thor can keep up with mjolnir full speed capacity.

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And doesn't Thor has some new feats of traveling mode in Thor vs Gorr saga?

God-Magma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe that Silver Surfer would win but Thor would put up a good race.

-GM

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MzombieX: @Malevolent1:

no one responded to my question, can Norrin teleport or not?

beause if he can't, and since there is no restriction on teleportation & time travel in this race, Thor would have a chance by teleportation. but i doubt that because Silver Surfer can travel time while never did i heard Thor can.

I believe Silver Surfer could create wormholes in space, allowing him to take shortcuts from one point to another. That is as good as teleportation if not actual teleportation itself. Wormholes are another term for 'portals' and some characters that teleport use teleportation portals to do so.

theredhood44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By theredhood44
Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A straight travel speed race, by all means, belongs to Thor. The Hammer is faster than the surfer.

TheDeathstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

SS quite easily.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are pretty ridiculous, frankly.

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Norrin curbs, he crosses galaxies like nothing

CaM_CaSh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we use the outlier feat from Thor (when he travelled from one end of the universe to the other in a matter of seconds) odinson wins.

Based on casual, everyday feats though the Surfer wins easily.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
deactivated-5bb52f8f25413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Norrin.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer has better solo feats, but Thor has better in head to head, so not sure.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate both can go hypet easily. While Norrin has done so more often, Nobody can say for sure one way or the other as Thor has matched every great flight frat Norrin has. Racing across entire galaxies in a blur-check. Moving in Hyper space-check. Moving so fast creates a Vortex messing with time check. So stalemate. Norrins only chance is to challenge Thor to a drinking contest while Thor's distracted he jets out,

Siddharth123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Siddharth123

@akz: wtf are talking?🤣🤣🤣

same thor percieved ego moving in hyperspace…lol,i dont why these fools in comicvine love to downplay thor😂

TomTheKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Surfer for sure

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By destinyman75

@akz: thats a silly comment. Thors travel speed is OP. Ego was already going Hyper speed and Thor had to catch up and pass him. Which he did so easily.. He was going beyond hyper speed...its one of the greatest speed feats ever. So since when is that slow?? This isn't combat speed its travel speed. Unless you are one of those kids trolling slowdinsin BS....get real

Spiders13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiders13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer wins.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz: alt what? Oh yeah using my alt account that's been here for 6 years good one

. wise up..