• 116 results
majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By majestic99

Who would win in a race?(flying in space). I'm asking who's faster, basically.

Thor

No Caption Provided

vs

Silver Surfer

No Caption Provided
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pooty

SS can enter hyper time. ss wins

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Emperorb777

@pooty said:

I was gonna say that.

Trinity00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Trinity00

Silver Surfer.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By majestic99

@Immortal777 said:

@pooty said:

I was gonna say that.

1. Mjolnir has outraced Silver Surfer

2. Thor has entered hyperspace as well, he did it when he outraced Ego not once but twice.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pooty

@majestic99:

1)scans

2)scans

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By majestic99

@pooty said:

@majestic99:

1)scans

2)scans

1. Mjolnir outracing Silver Surfer:

Note: Because mjolnir can travel this fast, Thor can as well due to the fact that Thor flies at FTL speeds due to Mjolnir.

2. Thor outracing Ego(first time) while Ego was traveling in hyperspace:

No Caption Provided

3. Second time outracing Ego:

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jeanroygrant

Time to use these in the Superman fourms!

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By majestic99

@jeanroygrant said:

On another note, Ego had to have been traveling at least 5,000x FTL. And in order to catch up to Ego, Thor had to have traveled at least 3x faster(15,000x FTL).

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By isaac_clarke

Apparently Mjolnir gave the Surfer a run for his money, but the Surfer has better and more "I'M GOING INSANELY FAST" feats.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By majestic99

@isaac_clarke said:

Apparently Mjolnir gave the Surfer a run for his money, but the Surfer has better and more "I'M GOING INSANELY FAST" feats.

I already posted Thor entering hyperspace like Surfer can.

Avatar image for drinkurprunejuice77
DrinkUrPruneJuice77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeanroygrant said:

Lol agreed.

Avatar image for drinkurprunejuice77
DrinkUrPruneJuice77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very nice scans up there, I think everyone on this site should scrutinize them a bit.

I say they'd stalemate.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nelomaxwell
@majestic99: Win thread bruh.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Surfer easily.
Remi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Remi

Norrin.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CODYSF

@Morpheus_ said:

Surfer easily.
kajitatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kajitatsu

@majestic99: Nice scans but I doubt the one with Mjolnir proves that it can move faster than Surfer. Surfer did say that it was fast and was shocked that it could travel through hyperspace but he was keeping up with Mjolnir the whole time. I believe his purpose wasn't to outrace it but to follow it. Also there are other times where Mjolnir has traveled large distances to return to Thor, it doesn't mean Thor could himself move at those speeds. Surfer does more FTLing so he should be better at it.

Also: Mjolnir left first so Silver Surfer had to catch up.

yeimsick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By yeimsick

Silver Surfer, Thor can't go light speed ( 186000 million Mph).

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Malevolent1

Actually, Thor can travel at well over light speed with Mjolnir. Without Mjlonir, Thor is a bullet timer in terms of straight line speed.

Nevertheless, the Surfer has way too many feats that put him well past Thor in straightline speed and reaction speed.

Surfer wins this.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By majestic99

@kajitatsu said:

@majestic99: Nice scans but I doubt the one with Mjolnir proves that it can move faster than Surfer. Surfer did say that it was fast and was shocked that it could travel through hyperspace but he was keeping up with Mjolnir the whole time. I believe his purpose wasn't to outrace it but to follow it. Also there are other times where Mjolnir has traveled large distances to return to Thor, it doesn't mean Thor could himself move at those speeds. Surfer does more FTLing so he should be better at it.

Also: Mjolnir left first so Silver Surfer had to catch up.

Yes it does. Thor can fly at whatever speeds mjolnir can.

@yeimsick said:

Silver Surfer, Thor can't go light speed ( 186000 million Mph).

Once you enter hyperspace, you can travel at any FTL speed. And Thor has shown he can enter hyperspace.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Deranged Midget

@majestic99 said:

Yes it does. Thor can fly at whatever speeds mjolnir can.

Well technically he's not flying, he's just hanging on more or less.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By majestic99

@Deranged Midget said:

Well technically he's not flying, he's just hanging on more or less.

My point remains the same, mr. technical(joking).

stonerthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By stonerthps

Surfer.

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By The_Thunderer

Thor speed = Surfer Speed if they can both go to hyperspace

But

Surfers' reactions > Thor's reactions

So

Surfer wins in a race

kajitatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kajitatsu

@majestic99: I'm not sure if Thor can travel as fast as Mjolnir can travel if he threw it on its own. So I wouldn't say Thor's speed is the same as when Mjolnir throws it which I know is FTL. Though I believe that Thor can move FTL with Mjolnir, I'm saying that the speeds might/not be equivalent. I doubt any comic said that speed of Mjolnir on its own = speed of Mjolnir + Thor. The speed Thor throws Mjolnir might not even be the same as the speed it comes back on its own. That scan with Silver Surfer is an example, Thor didn't even throw Mjolnir, it returned to Thor by itself. So was it moving slower than if Thor can throw it, faster than Thor throw it or equal to the speed that can Thor throw it?

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By majestic99

@kajitatsu said:

@majestic99: I'm not sure if Thor can travel as fast as Mjolnir can travel if he threw it on its own. So I wouldn't say Thor's speed is the same as when Mjolnir throws it which I know is FTL. Though I believe that Thor can move FTL with Mjolnir, I'm saying that the speeds might/not be equivalent. I doubt any comic said that speed of Mjolnir on its own = speed of Mjolnir + Thor. The speed Thor throws Mjolnir might not even be the same as the speed it comes back on its own. That scan with Silver Surfer is an example, Thor didn't even throw Mjolnir, it returned to Thor by itself. So was it moving slower than if Thor can throw it, faster than Thor throw it or equal to the speed that can Thor throw it?

Thor travels FTL speeds thanks to mjolnir, however fast mjolnir can travel(Thor doesn't have to throw his hammer FTL, he just has to swing it and will his way faster)Thor can travel as well.

kajitatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kajitatsu

@majestic99 said:

@kajitatsu said:

Thor travels FTL speeds thanks to mjolnir, however fast mjolnir can travel(Thor doesn't have to throw his hammer FTL, he just has to swing it and will his way faster)Thor can travel as well.

Okay. Thanks, that makes sense. I was under the impression that Mjolnir would return to Thor as faster than Thor can throw it due to it's enchantment. I'd still put Surfer fassssstttttterrr.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By majestic99

@kajitatsu said:

Okay. Thanks, that makes sense. I was under the impression that Mjolnir would return to Thor as faster than Thor can throw it due to it's enchantment. I'd still put Surfer fassssstttttterrr.

Both can enter hyperspace.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By FourthDeity

@pooty said:

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By Floopay

I know Thor has outraced Ego before, and saw the scans on the previous page. However, I also recall seeing a scan of Silver Surfer crossing entire Solar Systems in moments. Reed Richards had asked for Silver Surfer to come or something, and when he appeared he made a comment as to how he had to be moving at thousands of times the speed of light to have achieved that feat. If someone knows the scan I'm talking about please post the issue or the scan itself.

I'm going with Silver Surfer, he is more known for his speed than Thor (who has entered hyperspace, and was said to travel as fast as the lightning he commands, blah blah blah same old classic Thor mumbo jumbo as usual).

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jayfournines

Thor with Mjolnir is a beast in traveling speed....in space....on earth? not so much. But Norrin has more constant feats involving his travel speed...so i'm going with him.

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By NerdsFTW

@Jayfournines said:

Thor with Mjolnir is a beast in traveling speed....in space....on earth? not so much. But Norrin has more constant feats involving his travel speed...so i'm going with him.

The race is on Earth.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Simon_the_digger

Silver Surfer.

spawn_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By spawn_123

Silver Surfer is faster than Thor

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By YoungJustice

SS

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By sommyt

THOR

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38  Edited By THORSON

thor can teleport himself to places faster than surfer can surf.

Avatar image for all_mighty_beyonder
All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Surfer can go fast enough to break the time barrier and travel time. i can't remember a feat where Silver Surfer showed teleportation, but i have the intuition he can do it, does someone has a scan or the issue where it might happened?

By the way, Silver Surfer win the race, the main reason Galactus created Surfer is to travel space, so he should be the champion of space races.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By dondave

Silver Surfer

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

#42  Edited By tomlikesfries

@All_Mighty_Beyonder said:

Silver Surfer can go fast enough to break the time barrier and travel time. i can't remember a feat where Silver Surfer showed teleportation, but i have the intuition he can do it, does someone has a scan or the issue where it might happened?

By the way, Silver Surfer win the race, the main reason Galactus created Surfer is to travel space, so he should be the champion of space races.

Silver Surfer can only go at the speed of light or faster once he enters hyperspace, which Thor can also do. Under normal conditions (on Earth), Norrin cannot fly at the speed of light.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Surfer

Charlie_Jade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Charlie_Jade

@tomlikesfries said:

Silver Surfer can only go at the speed of light or faster once he enters hyperspace

Surfer has gone FTL many many times WITHOUT hyperspace, the 'hyperspace' thing was only introduced in the 1990s to make the comics science-ish like starwars and stargate

in the last fight vs Thor, Odin is in battle with Galactus and Galactus gets his face damaged by Thor and the hammer. Surfer seeing Galactus hurt blitzes into Thor sending him from Earth to Mars in half a second. No mention of hyperspace, he slams Thor into Mars FTL by using just pure speed

Avatar image for fernando072295reborn
Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Charlie_Jade: in half a second? I'd like to see how you quantified that...it was definitely FTL, but that type of speed is a bit much.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

#46  Edited By tomlikesfries

@Charlie_Jade said:

@tomlikesfries said:

Silver Surfer can only go at the speed of light or faster once he enters hyperspace

Surfer has gone FTL many many times WITHOUT hyperspace, the 'hyperspace' thing was only introduced in the 1990s to make the comics science-ish like starwars and stargate

in the last fight vs Thor, Odin is in battle with Galactus and Galactus gets his face damaged by Thor and the hammer. Surfer seeing Galactus hurt blitzes into Thor sending him from Earth to Mars in half a second. No mention of hyperspace, he slams Thor into Mars FTL by using just pure speed

Maybe I should've been a little more specific. Surfer may have gone FTL later on in more recent comics, but Norrin could not fly at the speed of light in his classic version, at least when in planets and not in outer space.

ArrowRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ArrowRain

I'm new here and even I got to go with consistency of traveling through hyperspace. SS wins race..

P.S what is FTL?

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@ArrowRain said:

I'm new here and even I got to go with consistency of traveling through hyperspace. SS wins race..

P.S what is FTL?

Faster Than Light.

Qpzmg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Qpzmg

SS

MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MzombieX

@tomlikesfries said:

@All_Mighty_Beyonder said:

Silver Surfer can only go at the speed of light or faster once he enters hyperspace, which Thor can also do. Under normal conditions (on Earth), Norrin cannot fly at the speed of light.

Not so sure about that. He did move pretty fast on Earth, when he scanned everywhere on the entire planet, before Strange could finish a sentence. This wouldn't just be SS moving in a straight line to circle Earth once, but most likely overlapping the globe multiple times over.

Then again Thor did punk SS pretty good with that change of direction while they were blitzing each other. SS also seemed to be put to the test while trying to keep pace with Mjolnir when in pursuit. Thor threw the hammer to the furthest reaches of the galaxy and back in under 60 seconds. Depending which direction he threw it, that should approximately place Mjolnir's speed traveling a distance of 25,000 - 75,000 light years, in under a minute, during that particular feat. I'm sure SS would have to be traveling speeds like this, at the very least, while scouting the Universe for Galactus.

Removing the option to teleport, in a (straight up - straight line) contest I could only really make a guess on who would win. Both could enter hyperspace and reach unknown speeds, that I'm sure could rocket either character to any random place in the Universe ... based on a writer's whim.

I'd say they are fairly evenly matched & I'm undecided ... unless someone has scans to cement anything.