• 188 results
#101 Posted by Susanoo (5909 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:
" @Susanoo said:
" @czarny_samael said:
" 1.Like Surfer to BRB and still he stomped BRB by his bare hands. 2.According to Worldmind and Quasar, Revengers (beside those whos body were changed) were equal to 616 counterparts. 3.Summoning winds won't do anything to someone who drained a star before up-grade.  4.Glory was defeated by draining. Surfer can't be defeated that way. Power Cosmic is everywhere, so Infinity Vortex won't work. 5.Thor can win by BFR. God Blast would put down Surfer, but Thor won't have a chance to shoot it. Against classic Surfer he would be able, because Classic Surfer wouldn't be able to take Thor fast. Current Surfer is able to do it in few punches.  Thor would need prep, first move or something like to win without BFR. "

1. Thor isn't Bill.  
2. 616 Thor took far worse beatings than 1 attack from SS. Attacks from Glory whom is fused with 10,000 patheons didn't take Thor out in one shot. 
3. Just showing his storm control and power. 
4. Thor can drain SS's energy blasts as well. Magic is also everywhere. Thor's immortal life force has also taken Galactus onto the brink of death. 
5. Why do you think SS can take Thor out with only a few punches? Thor isn't Bill and Thor has taken beatings from beings stronger than SS before. 

Current Thor has also willed himself back to life, can blast lightning far stronger than Storms (Approx 1,000,000 times more powerful). Not only that, SS can block Mjolnir once with his board, but can he block it when it's flying at him through other directions at millions-billions of times ftl? 
1.They are equal in power. 2.Glory attack was energy-magic based. Surfer defeated all of this guys without energy beams. Thor won with Glory because he has crazy draining powers. About his durability I will say make my point in answer to 5.3.Ok, but it won't help him here. 4.a)I already said that Thor would put down Surfer by God Blast, but he won't have a chance to do this. b)I'm not talking energy blasts. I am talking about draining. Surfer can't be drained, because Power Cosmic is limitless. For example, Thor can drain Supe and Supe can't put down Thor fast enough to resist it. But Surfer won't drained because his source in opposite to sun - is limitless. In theory, Thor could use Infinity Vortex to block any outside power, like he did against Juggernaut, but Power cosmic is everywhere. Also, most people are weaker when they someone try to drain their power. But Surfer isn't. Quasar, who can drain a star as well as Thor, tried it and Surfer putted him down.  This means that this tactic won't succed. What options (beside BFR)  Thor really has?  -Attack him with Mjolnir's strength. It won't work. Surfer already blocked it. And Surfer has as good control on his board as Thor on Mjolnir. I would say that he has it even better. -Anti-Matter blast, that putted down Mangog.  Surfer already surived in black hole. Thor would need to repeat that few times and hit Surfer with it. I know that speed isn't a too big issue here, because Thor already won with Surfer and in that battle Warlock said that he is as fast as his thunders what will put him in 1/3 speed of light class. So Surfer would be only 3 times faster with his nanosecond reaction. But still, one shot is not enough.  -Thermoblast that affected Ego.  It will be abosrbed. Surfer too drained a star.   -Infinity Vortex + drainning. I already explained why it won't work.  -Godblast that hurted Celestial and Galactus.  It need to be charged. If Thor would be able to take first Surfer attacks, he would win. But he won't.  5.I know that Thor is crazy powerfull being with even more powerfull powers in Mjolnir (hurting Ego with Thermoblast, blocking explosion that could destroy 1/5 of Universe or Cyttorak's power with Infinity Vortex., Anti-Matter blast that can KO Mangog, from inside, but still or God Blast that can hurt even most powerfull beings), but according to Surfer current feats and ability to create black holes, Surfer would take Thor faster than Thor will use his greatest power.  a)Thor back to life with OF. b)this thunder still won't destroy planet. Thermoblast, would but both can be absorbed or reflected by energy attacks. c)thanks to Cosmic Awareness, Surfer would know from where Mjolnir will come. Also, Thor shouldn't throw away Mjolnir, becase Surfer would take him out in this moment. Also Strombreaker didn't hurted Surfer. Mjolnir also won't. "

1. Zeus and Odin are said to be equals but guess what? Odin still outclasses him for obvious reasons. 
2. I agree but the fact that he took multiple hits from 10,000 fused patheons and still held his own gives respect to his durability; 
3. You never know. ;) 
4. Odinforce provides limitless energy. Mjolnir's also been said to absorb limitless energies as well. 

Thor was just getting Surfers attention. If he threw Mjolnir like the scans above, he can keep SS destracted for a while. Perhaps even spinning around Surfer and cut him off from his power cosmic source? 

Thor escaped a black hole with no problem.  

Thor wouldn't need all those powers to defeat Surfer. He can just spam lightning millions of times more powerful than normal. Storms regular lightning hurt SS before the power boost. Thor's lightning should be capable of hurting current SS.
#102 Posted by tensor (4334 posts) - - Show Bio

thor wins 10/10 all day everyday surfer has no chance against the god of thunder

#103 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Susanoo: Don't bring up bad writing in your arguments (Storm, really?). I just as easily can mention Thor losing to the U-Foes and Norman Osborn. Do you really believe that a character who survives planetary explosions without any problem (in fact he creates them), flies through black holes, wormholes, etch. would be hurt by Storm's lightning? And even on the occasion you recount, the Surfer grabbed Storm's hand before she finished her phrase. It didn't cause him strain.
#104 Posted by tensor (4334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_:  how many times has surfer beaten thor  an 2 can the strongest version of surfer beat the strongest version of thor ?
#105 Edited by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@tensor said:

" @Morpheus_:  how many times has surfer beaten thor  an 2 can the strongest version of surfer beat the strongest version of thor ? "

The Surfer restrained Thor in their first encounter, in Silver Surfer # 4, however, he was augmented by Loki at the time so the showing is not accurate. Thor beat the Surfer a couple of times during Blood and Thunder, but to be fair, characters such as classic Warlock, classic Strange, PG Drax, and Beta Ray Bill also lost to Thor in that story (in fact, many of them lost at the same time), and even Thanos had an equal fight with him.

Other than that, the strongest version of Thor would be Rune King, while for the Silver Surfer it would be the Keeper. RK Thor has a greater variety of feats and impressed me more, but the Keeper defeated Galactus (albeit a very weakened one). I'd be temped to back Thor for the win.
#106 Posted by Susanoo (5909 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Susanoo: Don't bring up bad writing in your arguments (Storm, really?). I just as easily can mention Thor losing to the U-Foes and Norman Osborn. Do you really believe that a character who survives planetary explosions without any problem (in fact he creates them), flies through black holes, wormholes, etch. would be hurt by Storm's lightning? And even on the occasion you recount, the Surfer grabbed Storm's hand before she finished her phrase. It didn't cause him strain. "

It's complicated but durabilities varies and differs as beings like Superman can easily not be affected by black holes while a punch from a class 100 can cause them pain.
#107 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Susanoo said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Susanoo: Don't bring up bad writing in your arguments (Storm, really?). I just as easily can mention Thor losing to the U-Foes and Norman Osborn. Do you really believe that a character who survives planetary explosions without any problem (in fact he creates them), flies through black holes, wormholes, etch. would be hurt by Storm's lightning? And even on the occasion you recount, the Surfer grabbed Storm's hand before she finished her phrase. It didn't cause him strain. "
It's complicated but durabilities varies and differs as beings like Superman can easily not be affected by black holes while a punch from a class 100 can cause them pain. "
Punches, yes. I never stated a strong punch from Thor would not be felt by the Surfer. But he is highly resistant against energy based attacks. He withstood multiple blasts from Aegis and Tenebrous (some of which were point blank), there is no reason to believe regular lightning can do anything to him (referring to Storm, not Thor).
#108 Posted by Susanoo (5909 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Susanoo said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
It's complicated but durabilities varies and differs as beings like Superman can easily not be affected by black holes while a punch from a class 100 can cause them pain. "
Punches, yes. I never stated a strong punch from Thor would not be felt by the Surfer. But he is highly resistant against energy based attacks. He withstood multiple blasts from Aegis and Tenebrous (some of which were point blank), there is no reason to believe regular lightning can do anything to him (referring to Storm, not Thor). "

True.
#109 Posted by Assman (1840 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been too long since we've seen a SS vs Thor match up in the comics.  Love to see how they fair in their recent incarnations.  I'm leaning towards Thor, personally.
#110 Posted by pooty (11139 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Surfer. Thor has always had trouble with BRB. BRB was nothing to SS

#111 Posted by Susanoo (5909 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty said:
"I'm going with Surfer. Thor has always had trouble with BRB. BRB was nothing to SS "

Same thing can be said with Warlock and Surfer vs Thor.
#112 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

I belive in there current incarnations Silver Surfer wins. 
Classic vs Classic id have to go with Thor.
#113 Posted by RiseofApocalypse (3991 posts) - - Show Bio

It's hard to say at this point, but I'd side with the Silver Surfer more often than not. But if it were pre-Annihilation Surfer, I'd give Thor the edge.

#114 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
" I belive in there current incarnations Silver Surfer wins. Classic vs Classic id have to go with Thor. "
I agree.
#115 Posted by pooty (11139 posts) - - Show Bio
@Susanoo:  how is warlock involved?
#116 Posted by nightcrawler1212 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

it tough but i side with thor personally

#117 Posted by PowerHerc (83579 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is mightier than the Silver Surfer.  Thor wins.
#118 Posted by Susanoo (5909 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty said:
" @Susanoo:  how is warlock involved? "

Warlock working with classic Surfer wasn't enough to calm Thor. That's what I meant.
#119 Posted by pooty (11139 posts) - - Show Bio
@Susanoo:  That's like Black Adam in WW3. He wasn't tougher or stronger than anyone else. He was just willing to go further. If Surfer and Warlock were in the same mind state as Thor they would have beaten him fighting together. Thor has had trouble with them 1on1.
#120 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Thor's hammmer said:
" I belive in there current incarnations Silver Surfer wins. Classic vs Classic id have to go with Thor. "
I agree. "
Me too.

@Susanoo said:
" @czarny_samael said:
" 1.They are equal in power. 2.Glory attack was energy-magic based. Surfer defeated all of this guys without energy beams. Thor won with Glory because he has crazy draining powers. About his durability I will say make my point in answer to 5.3.Ok, but it won't help him here. 4.a)I already said that Thor would put down Surfer by God Blast, but he won't have a chance to do this. b)I'm not talking energy blasts. I am talking about draining. Surfer can't be drained, because Power Cosmic is limitless. For example, Thor can drain Supe and Supe can't put down Thor fast enough to resist it. But Surfer won't drained because his source in opposite to sun - is limitless. In theory, Thor could use Infinity Vortex to block any outside power, like he did against Juggernaut, but Power cosmic is everywhere. Also, most people are weaker when they someone try to drain their power. But Surfer isn't. Quasar, who can drain a star as well as Thor, tried it and Surfer putted him down.  This means that this tactic won't succed. What options (beside BFR)  Thor really has?  -Attack him with Mjolnir's strength. It won't work. Surfer already blocked it. And Surfer has as good control on his board as Thor on Mjolnir. I would say that he has it even better. -Anti-Matter blast, that putted down Mangog.  Surfer already surived in black hole. Thor would need to repeat that few times and hit Surfer with it. I know that speed isn't a too big issue here, because Thor already won with Surfer and in that battle Warlock said that he is as fast as his thunders what will put him in 1/3 speed of light class. So Surfer would be only 3 times faster with his nanosecond reaction. But still, one shot is not enough.  -Thermoblast that affected Ego.  It will be abosrbed. Surfer too drained a star.   -Infinity Vortex + drainning. I already explained why it won't work.  -Godblast that hurted Celestial and Galactus.  It need to be charged. If Thor would be able to take first Surfer attacks, he would win. But he won't.  5.I know that Thor is crazy powerfull being with even more powerfull powers in Mjolnir (hurting Ego with Thermoblast, blocking explosion that could destroy 1/5 of Universe or Cyttorak's power with Infinity Vortex., Anti-Matter blast that can KO Mangog, from inside, but still or God Blast that can hurt even most powerfull beings), but according to Surfer current feats and ability to create black holes, Surfer would take Thor faster than Thor will use his greatest power.  a)Thor back to life with OF. b)this thunder still won't destroy planet. Thermoblast, would but both can be absorbed or reflected by energy attacks. c)thanks to Cosmic Awareness, Surfer would know from where Mjolnir will come. Also, Thor shouldn't throw away Mjolnir, becase Surfer would take him out in this moment. Also Strombreaker didn't hurted Surfer. Mjolnir also won't. "
1. Zeus and Odin are said to be equals but guess what? Odin still outclasses him for obvious reasons. 2. I agree but the fact that he took multiple hits from 10,000 fused patheons and still held his own gives respect to his durability; 3. You never know. ;) 4. Odinforce provides limitless energy. Mjolnir's also been said to absorb limitless energies as well.  Thor was just getting Surfers attention. If he threw Mjolnir like the scans above, he can keep SS destracted for a while. Perhaps even spinning around Surfer and cut him off from his power cosmic source?  Thor escaped a black hole with no problem.   Thor wouldn't need all those powers to defeat Surfer. He can just spam lightning millions of times more powerful than normal. Storms regular lightning hurt SS before the power boost. Thor's lightning should be capable of hurting current SS. "
1.Odin = Zeus.
2.He did it becasue Mjolnir absorbed Glory's attacks. There was clear indication about that
P.S. Glory = 10,000 gods, not 10,000 pantheons. 
3.I know because this isn't attack that would affect Surfer without PIS.
4.a)Odinforce isn't limitless. It is just beoynd Thor or Surfer power. And Thor doesn't have it here. b)It doesn't matter how great is Thor's power or Odin's. Thor can block Juggeranut's power source which - as Surfer's - is greater than even OF. Against Juggernaut it is usefull, but against Surfer it isn't. It is not aobut how Infinity Votex strength, because it is pretty unbreakable (without PIS of course). It is about a way of absorbing power.  Thor can't drain Surfer, becuase no matter what Surfer still will have acces to PC. Thor would have to bring to Negative Zone or something like that, I am not even sure that it would work, but it doesn't matter because it would count as a BFR.
5.Storm?? Really?? It was comic in which Black Panther almost won with Surfer by fighting skills, isn't it? Man, we should stay at comics without PIS. Did I used PIS against Thor in this debate? 

I like both characters, it depends on writer who is better for me, but most time Thor is above Current Surfer for me. And I am not a fan of Pre-A Surfer, who had too strong morals for me. 
But it doesn't matter, who I like more. Current Surfer would defeat Thor in few shots without morals.
#121 Posted by Zaiyan (461 posts) - - Show Bio
I think Thor can win some, it depends on how we see the character. Some of the big writers at Marvel wanted to depower Thor and no longer have him solo enemies, Bendis, Loeb, Busiek and JoeQ continued the rule that Thor should be a guy who gets beat down by Nefaria, Sentry or Superman. Kirby was one of the few to give him his respect as a superhero and he wrote Thor with true power, if he wanted to go all out and wreck villain teams he did.
Thor got downgraded in recent years just like Superman was reset after the 1985 Crisis. Other heroes like Hercules, Hulk Ronan, Ironman, Surfer never really got downgraded, instead they were made stronger. The Silver surfer got a crazy power boost after Annihilation.

@Noir_Dark said:
"

Is there anybody in the Marvel U that has there own ongoing book that could beat the SS? I can't.

"

A team of X-Men jumping on him with a combined psi attack, or Rulk with timetravel and PIS

@k4tzm4n

said:

"

Taskmaster...............LOSES.  Who the hell thinks he would actually win?!

Nova knocking around an Evil thor (classic) 
"

"

"

some of these scans are ridiculous

@Kraven

said:
"

@Hoboseid said:

" @Thor's hammmer said:

"  

"Thor, going by their actual fights.  "

"
Surfer cos his power comes from within

Thor without his hammer is weak
Surfer without his board is still a top class brick   

:

"    "

Surfer only needs to seperate Thor from the hammer briefly to win Or use his board as a weapon attack him on 2 sides like he did to BRB "

The post-annihilation SS is stronger and more powerful than ever. I agree with Andferne but I think that the new SS is now the most powerful hero in the Marvel U.

"
I agree, Surfer would rank on top of the heroes list today
Matt might ignore the comics and write Thor back to classic days cos there is the movie out this month. Thor should be able to take fights against Surfer but not the way marvel continuity is going. The writers have made a decision to downgrade Thor so he has trouble with bricks, when Thor fought Classic Surfer the Silver Surfer was Earth bound and downgraded, Surfer back then also jobbed to bricks. The current Surfer should win against current Thor but who knows what Matt will write.
#122 Posted by GhostRider29 (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor
#123 Posted by Susanoo (5909 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins.
#124 Posted by God_Spawn (37882 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-Annihilation Surfer Thor wins.
Post- Annihilation: Silver Surfer wins.

#125 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's only way to win is BFR, but I doubt that Surfer wouldn't ba able to back to fight.

Current Surfer stomps. Classic Surfer barely wins.

#126 Posted by Zaiyan (461 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:
" Thor's only way to win is BFR, but I doubt that Surfer wouldn't ba able to back to fight.Current Surfer stomps. Classic Surfer barely wins. "
I don't know if classic Surfer can ever take a majority against Thor, but then again current Thor was badly downgraded. I think Matt is going to write a win for Thor regardless of the changes in power levels.
#127 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zaiyan said:
" @czarny_samael said:
" Thor's only way to win is BFR, but I doubt that Surfer wouldn't ba able to back to fight.Current Surfer stomps. Classic Surfer barely wins. "
I don't know if classic Surfer can ever take a majority against Thor, but then again current Thor was badly downgraded. I think Matt is going to write a win for Thor regardless of the changes in power levels. "
1.Current Thor was never downgraded.
2.According to rules Surfer have to use his best ability - TP is the best one. When Thor will be bringed on Astral Plane, Thor doesn't have a chance. Thor of course can try to resist draging to AP and that is why it will be hard.
3.Yeah, I know that it will happen. And it will be stupid after last Surfer's apperances and his crushing BRB, blocking Thor's Mjolnir and one-shotng Thor from Canncerverse.
#128 Posted by Susanoo (5909 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:
"

@Zaiyan said:
"

@czarny_samael said:
"

Thor's only way to win is BFR, but I doubt that Surfer wouldn't ba able to back to fight.Current Surfer stomps. Classic Surfer barely wins.

"
I don't know if classic Surfer can ever take a majority against Thor, but then again current Thor was badly downgraded. I think Matt is going to write a win for Thor regardless of the changes in power levels.

"
1.Current Thor was never downgraded. 2.According to rules Surfer have to use his best ability - TP is the best one. When Thor will be bringed on Astral Plane, Thor doesn't have a chance. Thor of course can try to resist draging to AP and that is why it will be hard.3.Yeah, I know that it will happen. And it will be stupid after last Surfer's apperances and his crushing BRB, blocking Thor's Mjolnir and one-shotng Thor from Canncerverse.

"

Even if Surfer brings Thor to the Astral realm, Thor can escape it.

3.  people arguing Surfer would beat Thor because he beat Bill, I just laugh. Anyone remember the time Loki utterly owned Bill along with Masterson? It was just a stomp. Want to guess how an amped Loki fared against a serious Thor under the same writer not too long before that? Hint: It doesn't go well for Loki.

There's also the scene where Thor defeats Bill in one hit right after Blood and Thunder or recently in Secret Invasion where he completely outperforms Bill against the same God killer Super Skrull. Bill's good, better than most, but his no Thor. Not anymore.

The best Surfer has ever done against Thor was in their original fight where Surfer was significantly amped and fought a holding back Thor. He even admitted that Thor possessed more strength than he could ever know and Mjolnir was superior to his Power Cosmic. Then there's Blood and Thunder which was just an epic stomp for Thor. And yes that's valid. Thor being under Warrior Madness is a common misconception. It was confirmed by Odin, Warlock and Thanos' instruments that Thor was simply mad

#129 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Susanoo said:
"

Even if Surfer brings Thor to the Astral realm, Thor can escape it.

3.  people arguing Surfer would beat Thor because he beat Bill, I just laugh. Anyone remember the time Loki utterly owned Bill along with Masterson? It was just a stomp. Want to guess how an amped Loki fared against a serious Thor under the same writer not too long before that? Hint: It doesn't go well for Loki.

There's also the scene where Thor defeats Bill in one hit right after Blood and Thunder or recently in Secret Invasion where he completely outperforms Bill against the same God killer Super Skrull. Bill's good, better than most, but his no Thor. Not anymore.

The best Surfer has ever done against Thor was in their original fight where Surfer was significantly amped and fought a holding back Thor. He even admitted that Thor possessed more strength than he could ever know and Mjolnir was superior to his Power Cosmic. Then there's Blood and Thunder which was just an epic stomp for Thor. And yes that's valid. Thor being under Warrior Madness is a common misconception. It was confirmed by Odin, Warlock and Thanos' instruments that Thor was simply mad

"
1.It wasn't Astral Plane. It was physical realm.
3.I know that Thor wasn't in WM in B&T. It doesn't matter, since it was different Surfer. And Classic also was great at TP. IMO with Classic it will be hard battle, but Surfer would win. With Current Surfer, Thor would lose as fast as Canncerverse Thor losed. And Mjolnir was easily stopped by Surfer here:

Surfer blocking Mjolnir part1

Surfer blocking Mjolnir without effort part2

Surfer one-shoting Thor and IM
#130 Edited by Zaiyan (461 posts) - - Show Bio
@Susanoo said:

"   people arguing Surfer would beat Thor because he beat Bill, I just laugh. "

Dude twice Bill gave Thor the fight of his life and beat him. First time Bill with no hammer fights Thor with a hammer and wins. Second time Odin asks for a rematch, both have no hammer and fight on a molten planet, Bill proves to be more durable and wins again, a shamed Odin asks Bill why he didn't kill Thor and finally decides to make another hammer for Bill.
and I do believe Thor has been significantly downgraded since his uber classic days. His win against Bill in Blood and Thunder is PIS and CIS, it happened years ago and Thor has been downgraded since.
 Thor could do nothing but get his ass beat by the void, Thorgirl or Bill would have saved Asgard and killed Sentry. They might not have made it look so easy but they certainly would not have ever been KO'ed by Rulk or Taskmaster.
Thor has been downgraded, there is so much eveidence for it its more or less accepted as fact.

Bill is his superior, like he was originally wrote.

Upgraded Surfer destroyed Bill while holding back
Thor with Odinpower or Thor wrote in a classic way vs Surfer can win, but current Thor can not win
#131 Posted by Susanoo (5909 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael: 

1.It wasn't Astral Plane. It was physical realm.
3.I know that Thor wasn't in WM in B&T. It doesn't matter, since it was different Surfer. And Classic also was great at TP. IMO with Classic it will be hard battle, but Surfer would win. With Current Surfer, Thor would lose as fast as Canncerverse Thor losed. And Mjolnir was easily stopped by Surfer here:

1. Astral Plane and Corporeal are the same thing. Thor can transverse dimensions wether it be his physical form or his corporeal/astral form. He can easily escape that plane. Also, Thor's soul/lifeforce is immortal. The scans say Thor can escape the physical universe and go into the spiritual one.

2. Cancerverse Thor isn't 616 Thor. That's like saying Bill is = to Thor when that isn't true anymore. I've already said why on my last post.

#132 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Phantom said:
"

I can see it going either way.

#133 Edited by Susanoo (5909 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zaiyan said:

"

@Susanoo

said:

"

people arguing Surfer would beat Thor because he beat Bill, I just laugh. "

Dude twice Bill gave Thor the fight of his life and beat him. First time Bill with no hammer fights Thor with a hammer and wins. Second time Odin asks for a rematch, both have no hammer and fight on a molten planet, Bill proves to be more durable and wins again, a shamed Odin asks Bill why he didn't kill Thor and finally decides to make another hammer for Bill.and I do believe Thor has been significantly downgraded since his uber classic days. His win against Bill in Blood and Thunder is PIS and CIS, it happened years ago and Thor has been downgraded since.  Thor could do nothing but get his ass beat by the void, Thorgirl or Bill would have saved Asgard and killed Sentry. They might not have made it look so easy but they certainly would not have ever been KO'ed by Rulk or Taskmaster.Thor has been downgraded, there is so much eveidence for it its more or less accepted as fact.Bill is his superior, like he was originally wrote. Upgraded Surfer destroyed Bill while holding backThor with Odinpower or Thor wrote in a classic way vs Surfer can win, but current Thor can not win

"

Thor has something that Bill doesn't.. Marvel writer's wank. If you seen how many times Thor has been taken down by much weaker people (Initiative, Avengers: earths mightiest heroes), they clearly weaken Thor on purpose. In such a way that scans were created to claim that Thor holds back on much weaker beings. Bill fights without restrain whereas Thor fights with 1/3rd of his power normally. Thor at his top game is the one fighting Celestials, Ego, Galactus, and skyfathers. I've never seen Bill fight beings like this at his top showings.

Thor hasn't been downgraded. He's just too powerful to be written at the best of his abilities against someone like Iron Patriot. Example? If Thor used winds from 1000 worlds against the Initiative, what do you think would happen? Common sense says: They die along with a portion if not, the entire planet. Plot says: No story hence, less fans, crap, ect. I can't just write Superman to use a planetary heat vision on everyone he fights or write Sentry to defeat WW Hulk with a simple move like molecular manipulation. Say you do that and write Sentry killing off WW Hulk with Molecular Manipulation, speedblitz, or bfr. The fans will rage, story loses meaning, no plot, and won't make any sense. Or the Dr. Strange vs Hulk battle. Heck, just seeing Hulk get beaten down by Zeus made them rage even though that's EXACTLY how a fight between a skyfather and Hulk should be. Thor fights beings on earth, Bill fights cosmic beings. Of course Bill would let loose more often than Thor would. Bill may be superior to Thor in a battle without their hammers though.

#134 Posted by CapitolPunishment (2303 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:
"Thor's only way to win is BFR, but I doubt that Surfer wouldn't ba able to back to fight.Current Surfer stomps. Classic Surfer barely wins. "

Current Sufer is Depowered I believe.
#135 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor curburbstomp. Surfer is depowered.
#136 Posted by progenitor (7541 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta go with the Son of Odin on this one--but good arguments on both parts.
#137 Edited by Zaiyan (461 posts) - - Show Bio

Even classic Surfer was more durable

.@venomoushatred1001 said:

" Thor curburbstomp. Surfer is depowered. "

made Norrin by High Evo, he's gonna get his powers back in a couple more pages
@czarny_samael said:

" @Zaiyan said:

" @czarny_samael said:

I don't know if classic Surfer can ever take a majority against Thor, but then again current Thor was badly downgraded. I think Matt is going to write a win for Thor regardless of the changes in power levels. "
1.Current Thor was never downgraded. 2.According to rules Surfer have to use his best ability - TP is the best one. When Thor will be bringed on Astral Plane, Thor doesn't have a chance. Thor of course can try to resist draging to AP and that is why it will be hard.3.Yeah, I know that it will happen. And it will be stupid after last Surfer's apperances and his crushing BRB, blocking Thor's Mjolnir and one-shotng Thor from Canncerverse. "

It would be dumb if Matt ignores Surfer's upgrade
#138 Posted by MrDirector786 (43553 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, Surfer's been depowered now? Since when?

#139 Posted by Zaiyan (461 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:

" Wait, Surfer's been depowered now? Since when? "

"
#140 Posted by jloneblackheart (5519 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786: @Zaiyan: @CapitolPunishment: @venomoushatred1001: He's only going to be depowered for the mini. 
#141 Posted by marvelrules2011 (728 posts) - - Show Bio

silver surfer wins this fight

#142 Posted by CapitolPunishment (2303 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zaiyan said:
" @MrDirector786 said:

" Wait, Surfer's been depowered now? Since when? "

" "

He didn't get his powers back yet. Here is a little of Norrin Radd without powers.

And here is the last three pages of the comic that you posted the cover of, he is still depowered.

#143 Posted by CapitolPunishment (2303 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart:
This is true but currently he is depowered and in addition there is no telling what Pak is going to do with him when he restores his powers, hopefully nothing at all.
#144 Posted by Supreme Cosmic (764 posts) - - Show Bio

plot device so thor can defeat Surfer when he and Galactus invade Asgard

#145 Posted by MrDirector786 (43553 posts) - - Show Bio

So basically, Surfer is currently just regular Norrid Rad again?

#146 Edited by God_Spawn (37882 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:

" So basically, Surfer is currently just regular Norrid Rad again? "

Yup. for now atleast for the mini.
#147 Posted by Zaiyan (461 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supreme Cosmic said:
" plot device so thor can defeat Surfer when he and Galactus invade Asgard "
Yeah Thor has to look cool with his movie coming out
#148 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:
" @MrDirector786 said:

Yup. for now atleast for the mini. "
And probably it will end in his mini. Only thing that may happen there is taking out his Post-A level back to normal.
#149 Posted by CapitolPunishment (2303 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:
" @god_spawn said:
" @MrDirector786 said:

Yup. for now atleast for the mini. "
And probably it will end in his mini. Only thing that may happen there is taking out his Post-A level back to normal. "

I hope not, if Pak screws his character up we should file a petition.
#150 Posted by Zaiyan (461 posts) - - Show Bio

Its won't be Pak, very few writers or artists are given full creative control. Marvel editorial and management will have instructed Pak to depower Surfer and keep him Earth bound. It was done back in his early days when Stan and Jack had him trapped on Earth doing Defenders stories.