Thor vs Shao Kahn & Raiden

• 172 results
ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Thor vs Shao Kahn & Raiden (82 votes)

Thor 80%
Shao & Raiden 21%

I've been reading recent battle threads featuring the Mortal Kombat cast, and it disappoints me how little respect Shao Kahn and the MK fighters in general are given on this site. I wanted to make my own PROPER battle thread with him and Raiden:

&

vs

Rules:

- All 3 fighters are at full strength

- MK team gets 2 hours prep

- Win by death

• 
hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By hatemalingsia

Thor.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Shao Kahn, but Thor absolutely shits these two into another dimension

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Frisky4

No

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By modernww2fare  Online
No Caption Provided

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NeonGameWave

Raiden and Shao Kahn stomp.

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thor at his strongest STOMPS

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 modernww2fare  Online

You're joking right?

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave said:

You're joking right?

You could say, but I think they could with prep however that is if the OP is referring to regular standard Thor due to the picture that was used but if its full powered Thor then Elder God Raiden would be a better match-up.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor should stomp, and I don't think prep will help them here, and if there smart with prep; they should realise to run or avoid fighting him...

Karazyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm a big fan of the mortal kombat franchise and i can tell you that shao khan and raiden are really not on thors level..... they simply aren't......everything they do is much less impressive...... they're strong in their own respective universe, but the overall power levels of their own universe are much lower..... i would argue that iron man would beat raiden pretty convincingly and we've seen how thor vs iron man went.....

Avatar image for the_knight_rhoden
The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This... is overkill... the MK team stands little to no chance against Thor at full strength/power. He'll god blast them to oblivion.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor should stomp, and I don't think prep will help them here, and if there smart with prep; they should realise to run or avoid fighting him...

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NotATreeABush
No Caption Provided

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Wolfrazer  Online

Why not have a CaV thing instead using em?

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Massive spite.

pea55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pea55

I'm surprised @onilordasmodeus @Vaeternus @MKF3O @franchise1590 hasn't shown up yet, disputing Thor winning against elder god raiden. Isn't he nigh omnipotent????

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loooooool

RichardCranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have I missed anything out? I didn't play MK so I'm not too sure. Are MK fighters continent-level in terms of power?

Aatroxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

pea55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

Thor still stomps. Hard. MK fighters are jobbers and generally far less powerful than Marvel.

I understand. I generally feel that mk fans overpower the mk fighters, and I agree they are far less powerful than Marvel. But, are you saying that the strongest version of Thor is just as powerful as the so called nigh omnipotent beings in mk??

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Goldilocks

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spite Thor murders

Baztet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I don't know who would take this. What is the strongest version of Thor? Rune King? So this would be...

Elder God Raiden and End Game Kahn vs. Rune King Thor?

Thor's strength on it face would obliterate Kahn and Raiden in a straight up fight (I don't have any strength feats to prove otherwise), but I have no doubt in my mind that between Kahn and Raiden there are plenty of options to win this fight that could circumvent fighting all together if the must, especially since they both have prep.

From my understanding of RK Thor, he is on the Skyfather level, but he is at the tip top of that level. By comparison EG Raiden and EG Kahn are both arguably above that level, but at that point we are really some abstract levels of power and reality.

Anyway, through BFR, soul drain, mind control (not 100% sure about this one), realm merging, the Kamidogu, etc., the options are there for the team to win, not that it would be easy, but it would be a crazy fight to say the least.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By uugieboogie

Honestly I don't know who would take this. What is the strongest version of Thor? Rune King? So this would be...

Elder God Raiden and End Game Kahn vs. Rune King Thor?

Thor's strength on it face would obliterate Kahn and Raiden in a straight up fight (I don't have any strength feats to prove otherwise), but I have no doubt in my mind that between Kahn and Raiden there are plenty of options to win this fight that could circumvent fighting all together if the must, especially since they both have prep.

From my understanding of RK Thor, he is on the Skyfather level, but he is at the tip top of that level. By comparison EG Raiden and EG Kahn are both arguably above that level, but at that point we are really some abstract levels of power and reality.

Anyway, through BFR, soul drain, mind control (not 100% sure about this one), realm merging, the Kamidogu, etc., the options are there for the team to win, not that it would be easy, but it would be a crazy fight to say the least.

RKT is far above a skyfather almost at the level of an Elder God if not there. But some ppl argue that NKT is the strongest version of Thor. What feats do EG Raiden & EG Kahn have? Either of them have Galaxy Busting power? What prep feats do they have to suggest that them having prep even helps?

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@ leo-343: nonsense, tbis just proves most have no clue about mku facts. Theyre omnipotence means they cant die, and can so anything unlike thor. They created the mku eons ago and existed before time. If raiden is used here hed stomp kahn and thor in seconds.

Uugie, end game kahn merged realms with a thought... The one who killed blaze was granted unlimited power to do whatever they wish.

Eg raiden can do anything and cant even be hurt.

BTW before I forget...MK fighters DO jobber at times a lot in the games, not all but some...but don't say most Marvel characters are more powerful than MK lol you kidding? Also not talking about cosmic beings because then I'd have to ban Elder Gods which btw aren't "so called omnipotent" they ARE ominipotent...they created the realms/worlds and MKU eons ago..and defeated the One Being which is essentially the pure evil of the universe...

But normal characters, there's no reason why people like Sub Zero, Scorpion, Ermac, Raiden, Kahn etc can't compete with DD, Wolverine, Iron Fist, Black Panther etc...or DC people as well.. If you think people like Batman or Black Panther would beat Scorpion, I'll just laugh right now...the dude recently punched a hole through someone's head talk to me when Batman or Black Panther do that....

Kittleson looks like he's the one guy finally letting MK characters show their true power and not the game writers who jobber the hell out of them....guess what next chapter of canon MKX comic, Sub froze an entire city...lol so don't tell me "MK characters are weaker than Marvel guys" yeah right, they'd destroy most Marvel characters in a fair fight....

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@fallingcliffs: Ah, and what offensive feats does EG Raiden gave? Feats not statements. 'this character is omnipotent' 'this character can do anything'. Lol prove it. Thor wrecks.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Fallingcliffs

lol uugi and LEO: Nah EG Raiden stomps Thor...Thor no version of him is omnipotent last time I checked, sorry but Thor don't always win lol. Also, you need little feats when you're omnipotent. You don't know what that word means I take it? lol Yes, I'm so sure Thor would beat this version of Raiden...

@onilordasmodeus lol these topics must amuse you after a while huh? They probably would think DareDevil would beat Scorpion too...lol

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol uugi and LEO: Nah EG Raiden stomps Thor...Thor no version of him is omnipotent last time I checked, sorry but Thor don't always win lol. Also, you need little feats when you're omnipotent. You don't know what that word means I take it? lol Yes, I'm so sure Thor would beat this version of Raiden...

@onilordasmodeus lol these topics must amuse you after a while huh? They probably would think DareDevil would beat Scorpion too...lol

Lol so you can just win a battle with no feats now?

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@uugieboogie said:

Lol so you can just win a battle with no feats now?

You really can.

I'm not saying that this applies here in this case, but if I made a thread pitting TOAA vs. Nightwing in h2h combat, who would you give the fight to? What h2h feats for TOAA would/could you present to prove he could be Nightwing?

And also, what is with your insistence about "feats" (I'm assuming pics and/or videos) over "statements" anyway? If a thread was made pitting Darth Sidious vs. Batman, you better believe that "statements" about Sidious' speed and other feats/accomplishments from SW novels and such would be presented, and overall people wouldn't bat an eye. If I post a video, in which a "statement" is made, or just present the statement itself talking about what Raiden could/would do with an upgrade in power, what would be inadmissible about that in your opinion?

Bottom line is that EG Raiden shares in the knowledge and pool of feats that the EG's proper have since as an EG himself he would be able to do any/every thing that they can. The EGs don't have really any "on-panel" feats as they are the "creators" of the MKU, who govern the realms outside of space and time, and don't get involvement in mortal affairs unless their rules are broken. The rules have only been broken twice, and the only other time they have "fought" was against the One Being, before time and space were created, in "statements" that were provided in MK Deception.

For the record, Kahn has a feat where stood up to the EGs power heads up in MK9 (though there are some caveats in there), so I really don't see the problem.

@fallingcliffs said:

Yeah it does get tiresome, but it still can be entertaining at time...with the right people that is.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@onilordasmodeus yep. I even made GIFS to prove our point lol with Raiden what he can do under EG power influence lol and of course there's the MK 4 gig with him nearly destroying Earth but I'm sure all of this will be ignored as usual by the same people on here. Even in the newer timeline, I take it that still happened given what we know about the MKX comic, Raiden must have won clearly since he refers to it as the "Netherrealm War" clearly has to be the MK 4 time period.

@uugieboogie: Who said he has no feats? Normal Raiden has defeated and banished Shinnok(a Fallen Elder God but still powerful and he also defeated Lucifer in Hell/Netherrealm) in the process Raiden nearly destroyed Earthrealm...but fixed it. In the newer timeline we don't know details yet but from the comic they referred to that same war as the "Netherrealm war" where apparently Earthrealm won because Raiden refers to fixing the cosmic barriers from it...

Also, end of MK 9 Raiden with EG amp did this to Shao Kahn...there's nothing to suggest he wouldn't do the same to Thor...also by that time Shao Kahn was so powerful it took the Elder Gods to destroy him should tell you something about Shao Kahn's durability, he also survived getting a hole punched through his chest(which would have killed most people) from Liu Kang....

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

But on the "can win with no feats" gig, funny because I see people debate all the time on here saying "Thor wins or Thanos wins or SG wins" cause they're more powerful,without listing actual feats...Elder God Raiden amp or Elder God Raiden is omnipotent....meaning he's pretty much God of MKU or one with them, given the fact that the EG created the entire MKU eons ago you're seriously asking for "feats" when you hone that much power? lol...

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Shao Kahn, but Thor absolutely shits these two into another dimension

I agree

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Normal Shao Kahn I'm sure Thor can handle, as can Raiden...but Raiden? Ha...Thor isn't beating Raiden easily, the normal Raiden would give Thor issues. EG Raiden would erase Thor.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onilordasmodeus yep. I even made GIFS to prove our point lol with Raiden what he can do under EG power influence lol and of course there's the MK 4 gig with him nearly destroying Earth but I'm sure all of this will be ignored as usual by the same people on here. Even in the newer timeline, I take it that still happened given what we know about the MKX comic, Raiden must have won clearly since he refers to it as the "Netherrealm War" clearly has to be the MK 4 time period.

@uugieboogie: Who said he has no feats? Normal Raiden has defeated and banished Shinnok(a Fallen Elder God but still powerful and he also defeated Lucifer in Hell/Netherrealm) in the process Raiden nearly destroyed Earthrealm...but fixed it. In the newer timeline we don't know details yet but from the comic they referred to that same war as the "Netherrealm war" where apparently Earthrealm won because Raiden refers to fixing the cosmic barriers from it...

Also, end of MK 9 Raiden with EG amp did this to Shao Kahn...there's nothing to suggest he wouldn't do the same to Thor...also by that time Shao Kahn was so powerful it took the Elder Gods to destroy him should tell you something about Shao Kahn's durability, he also survived getting a hole punched through his chest(which would have killed most people) from Liu Kang....

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

But on the "can win with no feats" gig, funny because I see people debate all the time on here saying "Thor wins or Thanos wins or SG wins" cause they're more powerful,without listing actual feats...Elder God Raiden amp or Elder God Raiden is omnipotent....meaning he's pretty much God of MKU or one with them, given the fact that the EG created the entire MKU eons ago you're seriously asking for "feats" when you hone that much power? lol...

Feats as in something to prove the claims being made instead of just going on someone's word. The reason ppl say Sidious wins over Batman because most people have common knowledge on the character. Also why would Thor just sit there & let the beam hit him? RKT literally took someone out of existence, he doesn't even have to fight. With that being said OP only says at their strongest & you ppl are talking about amps & putting them against base Thor & then someone else brought up RKT. If they get amps they probably will beat Thor but if its base version Thor stomps & if both parties get amps & Thor gets RKT like someone said he's taking both of them.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@uugieboogie: I just gave you some feats and explained it and power levels, I'm just pointing out that Shao Kahn is one thing, Raiden another...the dude has blown himself up and come back...literally.

When has Thor done that? The guy can't even freaking fly without his little hammer...lol Like@onilordasmodeus stated, depending on the case if you're one with God of your universe you need no feats, you ARE feats lol. You can do anything, are omnipotent and can do anything you wish...

By rank he's an immortal God, even the normal characters die and come back(it's just a thing that's standard in MKU) pretty much what DC and Marvel have done for years with their bigger characters, MK does the same in a sense example. Sub-Zero both of them died in the last game, yet MK X which is from 5-25 years later timeline he's back some how, so is Kung Lao and Kitana(also both whom died lol)

I don't see the Sidious over Batman point, lots of people would beat Batman(as hyped up as people make him out to be) I love Batman and DC myself but even I know he loses when he should, even if Batman took on movie Sidious which is far weaker than the EU version he'd still lose to him...most on here have common knowledge of Batman as well, but there's also the SW fanbase. You mean like EG Raiden just took someone out of existence there? ^ lol Kahn wasn't even just defeated he was vaporized into the sky...

The OP also changed the rules a few times, the difference being RKT as powerful as he is isn't omnipotent where as Raiden as an EG IS omnipotent...again they created the entire MKU eons ago, they defeated the One Being(who in a sense is also omnipotent but weaker than the EG since they beat it) it's essentially the "pure evil" that will always exist in the universe to counter the Elder God's good but they act more neutral half the time prefer to not get involved but make champions of their bidding if they must or amp people...or resurrect depending.

Honestly, this depends on the versions being used. The OP has made some changes, He said everyone is at full power. Shao Kahn end game killed Blaze, was about to kill even Raiden and merged the realms(that's other worlds with his own) with a thought, that was one future version of him. In the newer timeline, Raiden in MK 9 ending end of MK 3 timeline had absorbed literally billions of souls thus amping him tremendously and was merging Outworld with Earthrealm. The one weakness Raiden has is if Outworld and Earth are merged his powers become compromised, it's why he's weaker in Outworld compared to other realms....I also want to point out that while Thor is powerful he has been beaten by people less powerful and without any magic at all like Hulk and Rulk...

Another thing I just want to point out if I may, Thor's power comes from Odin currently he's unworthy if he were so powerful couldn't he just fight that with his power? Just saying, where as the Elder Gods made Raiden before time well before Earthrealm existed..they deemed him in charge of protecting it.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: I just gave you some feats and explained it and power levels, be my guest it doesn't change the fact that Thor would lose to Raiden at his best. Shao Kahn is one thing, Raiden another...the dude has blown himself up and come back...literally.

When has Thor done that? The guy can't even freaking fly without his little hammer...lol Like@onilordasmodeus stated, depending on the case if you're one with God of your universe you need no feats, you ARE feats lol. You can do anything, are omnipotent and can do anything you wish...

I don't see the Sidious over Batman point, lots of people would beat Batman(as hyped up as people make him out to be) I love Batman and DC myself but even I know he loses when he should, even if Batman took on movie Sidious which is far weaker than the EU version he'd still lose to him...most on here have common knowledge of Batman as well, but there's also the SW fanbase. You mean like EG Raiden just took someone out of existence there? ^ lol Kahn wasn't even just defeated he was vaporized into the sky...

The OP also changed the rules a few times, the difference being RKT as powerful as he is isn't omnipotent where as Raiden as an EG IS omnipotent...again they created the entire MKU eons ago, they defeated the One Being(who in a sense is also omnipotent but weaker than the EG since they beat it) it's essentially the "pure evil" that will always exist in the universe to counter the Elder God's good but they act more neutral half the time prefer to not get involved but make champions of their bidding if they must or amp people...or resurrect depending.

Honestly, this depends on the versions being used. The OP has made some changes, He said everyone is at full power. Shao Kahn end game killed Blaze, was about to kill even Raiden and merged the realms(that's other worlds with his own) with a thought, that was one future version of him. In the newer timeline, Raiden in MK 9 ending end of MK 3 timeline had absorbed literally billions of souls thus amping him tremendously and was merging Outworld with Earthrealm. The one weakness Raiden has is if Outworld and Earth are merged his powers become compromised, it's why he's weaker in Outworld compared to other realms....I also want to point out that while Thor is powerful he has been beaten by people less powerful and without any magic at all like Hulk and Rulk...

Another thing I just want to point out if I may, Thor's power comes from Odin currently he's unworthy if he were so powerful couldn't he just fight that with his power? Just saying, where as the Elder Gods made Raiden before time well before Earthrealm existed..they deemed him in charge of protecting it.

First I can show you at least 3 scans of standard Thor flying without Mjolnir.. Second he shot a blast at Kahn RKT actually took someone out of existence & then one shot Surtur & "The Gods of Gods". Thor has beaten both Rulk & Hulk as well & when Thor finally stopped holding back he almost killed Hulk. Also where does it say Thor's power comes Odin? His mother is stronger than his father indefinitely with her being Gaea the Elder Goddess of earth. Current Thor is unworthy but the only powers he lacks is flight & teleportation... With that being said Current Thor has a unworthy version of Mjolnir so basically he still has all the powers he had before losing his Mjolnir.

Now if its standard Thor vs their most powerful versions than that makes it one sided but if its RKT thats fighting then he wins. He doesn't even have to fight to win. Just because "they're" ominpotent means nothing if they haven't shown anything with their "omnipotence". Sentry & Odin are also character we've seen be called omnipotent. If they've shown nothing of the sort its irrelevant. RKT had the power to "Know the past, control the present & guide the future".

Loading Video...

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@uugieboogie said:

Feats as in something to prove the claims being made instead of just going on someone's word. The reason ppl say Sidious wins over Batman because most people have common knowledge on the character. Also why would Thor just sit there & let the beam hit him? RKT literally took someone out of existence, he doesn't even have to fight. With that being said OP only says at their strongest & you ppl are talking about amps & putting them against base Thor & then someone else brought up RKT. If they get amps they probably will beat Thor but if its base version Thor stomps & if both parties get amps & Thor gets RKT like someone said he's taking both of them.

1) A narrator isn't just "someone". This isn't like some regular character making a statement about another character's power or something, this is the narrator narrating.

2) "The reason ppl say Sidious wins over Batman because most people have common knowledge on the character."

That is a pretty...umm...telling thing to say. So by your reasoning, at least one of the reasons you don't think the MK team could win here is because you don't "have common knowledge on the character(s)."

3) "RKT literally took someone out of existence..."

The EG's did this at the end of MK9 to Shao Kahn.

4) "...you ppl are talking about amps & putting them against base Thor..."

I think you are confusing things, or maybe I was/am...

• The OP says the team has prep, and with prep that means they could get amps if needed and/or available, right?
  • The OP also says that all parties are at "full strength", to which I asked "isn't RKT Thor's strongest version?"

I guess that is where we are getting off on the wrong foot (the 2nd one) because I was thinking about "strongest version" of all the characters, rather than "full strength at base". I mean, RKT is the same Thor as normal Thor right? He just has more power in a certain timeline...isn't that correct? EG Raiden and EG Kahn are similar in that respect, which is why I went there. If we aren't going there though, that is fine too. Maybe @ganon15 should clarify.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Elder Gods never created the realms in the literal sense, what happen was that after defeating the One Being that formed the realms from his body and sealed his essence in the Kamidogus.

Shao Kahn cannot merge realms! It was flat-out stated in Mortal Kombat: Deception that Shao Kahn has to use magical objects called Portal Orbs to merge realms together after they have been conquered.

The only time that Shao Kahn has been shown to be able to do a massive soul drainage is when he had Quan Chi open a Soulnado for him, and other than that he has shown no soul drainage outside of stealing Shang Tsung, and 1) Shang Tsung is reliant on Shao Kahn magic for his longevity and powers and 2) Shang Tsung didn't resist what Shao Kahn was doing.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Fallingcliffs

The Elder Gods did indeed create the realms in the literal sense, they defeated the One Being eons ago and from it's body created the known realms of MKU with Earthrealm at the center piece. They then created the Kamidogu which are powerful weapons.

Shao Kahn has merged realms, he doesn't need portal orbs to do so plus the new MK has "been re written" so that applies to everything and that of those he's conquered.

MKA Kahn needed no such orb, he had killed blaze and thus took his Godlike power on top of his own granting him anything he wished...that is the canon. Also, MK 3 he soul drained without Quan Chi did it under his own power from Outworld via portal.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

@uugieboogie: I think it would go on a while if it's normal Raiden and amped Kahn vs. Thor, if it's normal versions Kahn goes down first for sure then it's Raiden vs. Thor which could go on a while.....if it's everyone at full power I'm going Raiden because he's omnipotent or one with those of the Elder Gods that are omnipotent they've never lost and never will.

@onilordasmodeus indeed.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

What would happen:

Loading Video...