#1 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro said Sentry could beat Thor in another thread, so i brought it here to see what other people think! Who do you guys think is Marvel strongest earth hero? I personally think Thor would win. Who do you think is stronger? Thor The God Of Thunder or Senty With The Powers Of One Million Exploding Suns?

Thor The God Of Thunder

VS

Sentry With The Powers Of One Million Exploding Suns

Rules

  • No BFR
  • Fight To Death Or KO
  • Fight Takes Place In Marvel Universes New York
  • No Outside Items-Unless Stated
  • No Outside Help
  • They Start 20 Meters Away From Each Other
  • Once The Fights Start, It Can Go Anywhere Afterwards
  • No Civilians

Rounds

Round 1-Morals OFF ( Regular Sentry VS Regular Thor )

Round 2 Sentry Void VS Thor

Round 3 Sentry Void VS Warriors Madness Thor

Round 4 Sentry Void VS Odin Force Thor

Also don't say it's been done or lock this thread, because i've changed up the rounds, and stuff, so it's perfectly fine. ^_^

LET THE DEBATING BEGIN!!

#2 Posted by Immortal777 (7386 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Sentry could beat Thor same way I feel Gladiator could beat Thor just my opinion.

#3 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immortal777 said:

I think Sentry could beat Thor same way I feel Gladiator could beat Thor just my opinion.

Explain why you think this, if you may.?

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

First of all I don't know that I said that Sentry could beat Thor. I believe what I suggested is that Thor is only the most powerful earth hero because Sentry is dead. You asked if I was serious, and I said yes. Sentry was still developing. Because his level of power is connected to his psyche, he was weaker in alot of his appearances, and yet still had some great feats.  
 
Just being perfectly honest though, I don't think Thor can beat Sentry. If Sentry was capable of using his abilities to their full extent just in the way we saw him in his miniseries when he was mentally stable, he should be able to attain victory. We've seen Sentry duke it out with World War Hulk and cause noticeable damage just with his fists so I don't know if he's as strong or stronger than Thor because there isn't enough information but what I do know is Sentry is capable of hurting Thor. Without writers holding his speed back he's fast enough to get more hits than Thor but to also have the defense to evade Thor's attacks.  
 
Thor has already fought The Void. He couldn't even cause any damage. It wasn't until he begged to be killed that anything could be done. Basically Sentry assisted him in that win. I don't think adding Warrior's Madness will help. It doesn't give him any defense against molecule manipulation. 
 
I don't know how powerful Odinforce Thor is. I don't know the extent of the Void's powers either, so I think it's impossible to say who would win, between them. You'd basically be picking who you like more.

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1-Morals OFF ( Regular Sentry VS Regular Thor ) Only because his power fluctuates so much. its hard to put a tag on Sentry and say 'this is how powerful he is.'

Round 2 Sentry Void VS Thor Molecular manipulation along with a host of other powers should give Sentry the win. He needs to come back so writers can give him more feats, and better consistency.

Round 3 Sentry Void VS Warriors Madness Thor Warriors Madness wont help against the molecular manipulation or telepathy

Round 4 Sentry Void VS Odin Force Thor Undecided, I dont know how powerful the Odin Force really is and if Thor can use it well enough and fully enough to defeat a guy like Sentry. Probably the Void wins because he beat Molecule Man, who is one of the most powerful beings in Marvel, way up there with Galactus, Beyonder etc.

In the end Void probably defeats Thor because of his vast array of powers, which are basically unlimited. Every other week its like he pulls a new power out of his ass.

Normal Sentry has been KOd by guys like Blue Marvel, so Thor should be able to defeat him. Again his power fluctuates though. He did put a beating on WWHulk, while other versions of Hulk have beat up Thor before, so he may be stronger than Thor, while Thor has a wider array of powers(than non-Void Sentry) using Mjolnir.

#6 Posted by XImpossibruX (5172 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer said:

Round 1-Morals OFF ( Regular Sentry VS Regular Thor ) Only because his power fluctuates so much. its hard to put a tag on Sentry and say 'this is how powerful he is.'

Round 2 Sentry Void VS Thor Molecular manipulation along with a host of other powers should give Sentry the win. He needs to come back so writers can give him more feats, and better consistency.

Round 3 Sentry Void VS Warriors Madness Thor Warriors Madness wont help against the molecular manipulation or telepathy

Round 4 Sentry Void VS Odin Force Thor Undecided, I dont know how powerful the Odin Force really is and if Thor can use it well enough and fully enough to defeat a guy like Sentry. Probably the Void wins because he beat Molecule Man, who is one of the most powerful beings in Marvel, way up there with Galactus, Beyonder etc.

In the end Void probably defeats Thor because of his vast array of powers, which are basically unlimited. Every other week its like he pulls a new power out of his ass.

Normal Sentry has been KOd by guys like Blue Marvel, so Thor should be able to defeat him. Again his power fluctuates though. He did put a beating on WWHulk, while other versions of Hulk have beat up Thor before, so he may be stronger than Thor, while Thor has a wider array of powers(than non-Void Sentry) using Mjolnir.

this

#7 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
R1:
Thor has clear microsecond reaction speed feat and not clear nanosecond one. Sentry has only not clear microsecond one. 
Strength - Thor has obejctive and fight feats much above Sentry's. Sentry's best objective one is holding Helicarrier and lifting some big ship (after "fight" with Hercules). Thor has lifted Midgard Serpent and overmuscled him when he was planetary level.  In battle, Sentry's best strength feats are fights with WWHulk and Blue Marvel. Thor fought with Mindless Hulk (>WWHulk), Hyperion, Gladiator, Mangog, Thanos, Drax and many others. Blue Marvel is - considering as a fact Watcher's opinion - moon level. Gladiator, Thanos and Drax are easily planet level. 
Fighting skills - IDK any Sentry's feats in this area, while Thor is highly skilled Asgardian Warrior. 
Energy Projection - Thor has anti-force/matter blast on planet level, Sentry in fight with Photon showed similar one, but Thor also can summon God Blast and thunders from whole world. But Thor can absorb anything that Sentry will throw at him with Mjolnir, just to boost it. 
 
Everything is going for Thor. He won harder battles, is more experienced and has Mjolnir. Odinson wins
 
R2:
Void has molecular manipulation. Thor doesn't have answer on that. Void wins.
 
R3:
As above: Void wins. 
 
R4:
Hard one. In theory OF should protect him from matter manipulation. But it is only a theory. Until someone will prove that OF Thor has his own MM, like King Thor, he loses.
 So:
Void vs. OF Thor
Void vs. King Thor
#8 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@ChaosBlazer: @XImpossibruX
 
Seems that we all agree about the outcome in all rounds, based on similar reasons. :)
#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael666 said:
 But Thor can absorb anything that Sentry will throw at him with Mjolnir, just to boost it. 
Can and will are two different things. 
Moderator Online
#10 Edited by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

First of all I don't know that I said that Sentry could beat Thor. I believe what I suggested is that Thor is only the most powerful earth hero because Sentry is dead. You asked if I was serious, and I said yes. Sentry was still developing. Because his level of power is connected to his psyche, he was weaker in alot of his appearances, and yet still had some great feats. Just being perfectly honest though, I don't think Thor can beat Sentry. If Sentry was capable of using his abilities to their full extent just in the way we saw him in his miniseries when he was mentally stable, he should be able to attain victory. We've seen Sentry duke it out with World War Hulk and cause noticeable damage just with his fists so I don't know if he's as strong or stronger than Thor because there isn't enough information but what I do know is Sentry is capable of hurting Thor. Without writers holding his speed back he's fast enough to get more hits than Thor but to also have the defense to evade Thor's attacks. Thor has already fought The Void. He couldn't even cause any damage. It wasn't until he begged to be killed that anything could be done. Basically Sentry assisted him in that win. I don't think adding Warrior's Madness will help. It doesn't give him any defense against molecule manipulation. I don't know how powerful Odinforce Thor is. I don't know the extent of the Void's powers either, so I think it's impossible to say who would win, between them. You'd basically be picking who you like more.

You make it seem like Thor doesn't have untapped potential either. Thor has more potential than Sentry if you think about it. Thor is the son of two very powerful people being, Odin The Skyfather, maybe the most powerful of all the Skyfathers. Than you have Gaea who is even more powerful than Odin. Gaea is very powerful. And guess what there both the parents of Thor.

Thor is not even close to most powerful, look at Rune King Thor for instance. He was strong enough to will Mangog out of exsientence, take off Loki's head without killing him, Made Surtur fear him, destroy the barrier from Asgard, and Surtur's realm, surpassed Odin, Destroyed the tape line, killed Those Who Sit Above In Shadows, and became one with the universe. Now tell me who has more potential Thor or Sentry?

Sentry is defintly not physically stronger than Thor, come on at best he's equal to Thor. Thor has lifted the Midgard Serpent, Asgard with assistance, send Emma's shattered body hurling into space, from earth, one shot Namor & Abomination, push the leaning tower of Pisa over with a finger,destroy a planet, dent adamantium, crumble uru. I could name more but, it's not needed. Thor is physically more powerful, point blank. Thor is way more versatile, and more durable. Sentry gets injured easily, Thor is a big bulky tank. Thor can take planet busting blows, while Sentry struggles, with city busting blows.

http://www.comicvine.com/the-odin-force/12-35070/

#11 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (24177 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: maybe the most powerful of all the Skyfathers

Surtur is more powerful then Odin.....

#12 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@jeanroygrant: maybe the most powerful of all the Skyfathers

Surtur is more powerful then Odin.....

Surtur is not a Skyfather...He's just a very powerful demon...lol

#13 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

sentry

#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@jeanroygrant said: 

You make it seem like Thor doesn't have untapped potential either. Thor has more potential than Sentry if you think about it. Thor is the son of two very powerful people being, Odin The Skyfather, maybe the most powerful of all the Skyfathers. Than you have Gaea who is even more powerful than Odin. Gaea is very powerful. And guess what there both the parents of Thor.

Thor is not even close to most powerful, look at Rune King Thor for instance. He was strong enough to will Mangog out of exsientence, take off Loki's head without killing him, Made Surtur fear him, destroy the barrier from Asgard, and Surtur's realm, surpassed Odin, Destroyed the tape line, killed Those Who Sit Above In Shadows, and became one with the universe. Now tell me who has more potential Thor or Sentry?

Sentry is defintly not physically stronger than Thor, come on at best he's equal to Thor. Thor has lifted the Midgard Serpent, Asgard with assistance, send Emma's shattered body hurling into space, from earth, one shot Namor & Abomination, push the leaning tower of Pisa over with a finger,destroy a planet, dent adamantium, crumble uru. I could name more but, it's not needed. Thor is physically more powerful, point blank. Thor is way more versatile, and more durable. Sentry gets injured easily, Thor is a big bulky tank. Thor can take planet busting blows, while Sentry struggles, with city busting blows.

Thor doesn't have untapped potential. His power upgrades are based on the circumstances of the comics, not on his abilities themselves. He's not like Sentry who is stronger with mental stability or Hulk whom is stronger with anger,or Trauma who is stronger depending on who's fears he's exposing. Rune King Thor isn't a natural upgrade so it has nothing to do with his potential. 
 
You don't have any proof that Sentry ISN'T stronger than Thor. There's an absence of evidence. Sentry was a character in development for a little over 10 years. Thor has existed for over 40. Thor also doesn't have power level fluctuations. Thor being stronger than Sentry is an assumption.Sentry isn't easily injured either. There isn't anything you could present that suggest that without low-balling him and I could do the same for Thor. I can post scans of him getting dazed by class 75 She-Hulk or of him almost being killed by the Wrecking Crew,or of him having trouble with current Wonder Man and classic Wonder Man, or of him getting knocked around by classic Iron Man, or him struggling with classic Hulk whom couldn't even move Sentry, I could keep going but I think you get it.
Moderator Online
#15 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

Round 1-Morals OFF ( Regular Sentry VS Regular Thor )

Round 2 Sentry Void VS Thor

Round 3 Sentry Void VS Warriors Madness Thor

Round 4 Sentry Void VS Odin Force Thor

#16 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

Rounds

Round 1-Morals OFF ( Regular Sentry VS Regular Thor )-Thor stomps! Too many plot device powers!

Round 2 Sentry Void VS Thor- Thor wins only if Void wants to lose

Round 3 Sentry Void VS Warriors Madness Thor-Same as above

Round 4 Sentry Void VS Odin Force Thor-Thor stomps! Skyfather level being is too much!

I'm assuming that Thor will use ALL of mjolnir's powers in this fight.

#17 Edited by Blacklightning13 (916 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Thor. Been done in a what if? Isn't the main universe but it's still shows who would win.

2. Sentry.

3. Madness Thor. He has fought void before. This time with 10 x strength he wins. (I could be wrong).

4. Odin Force Thor.

#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blacklightning13 said:

1. Thor. Been done in a what if? Isn't the main universe but it's still shows who would win.

It actually doesn't show who WOULD win. It depicts a scenario in which Thor HAD TO win or the Norman Osborn would have been unstoppable.
Moderator Online
#19 Posted by Quntumking (216 posts) - - Show Bio

This might sound like a cop out but i say THOR 60% of the time SENTRY 30% and a draw 10%. Depends on the scenario , meaning where is the fight and what are they fighting for.

#20 Posted by Quntumking (216 posts) - - Show Bio

After all how many times has Spiderman outsmarted Juggernaut for a win. A win is a win.

#21 Posted by Spartan101 (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

sentry imo has never been written to his full bio,thor has been better in that dept,IF marvel lived up to robs powers 100% i think he wins most of these rounds here. last one not sure.

#22 Posted by Kyle_Dornez (250 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't understand the premise of this. Isn't Siege was basically about that? Sentry@Void mopping the floor with asgardians? Thor killing him only because he held beck himself?

#23 Posted by ShootingNova (16348 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Thor. Though Sentry would come close.

Round 2: Void for sure.

Round 3: Still Void. Warrior Madness Thor still does not have molecular manipulation and so on.

Round 4: Void should probably win.

#24 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2796 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry takes all the rounds But the first IMO

#25 Posted by ShootingNova (16348 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bane_of_sith: I see Thor taking the first.

#26 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

Round 1: Thor. Though Sentry would come close.

Round 2: Void for sure.

Round 3: Still Void. Warrior Madness Thor still does not have molecular manipulation and so on.

Round 4: Void should probably win.

pretty much this, but i don't think molecular manipulation matters since thor pretty much becomes a savage in the worriers madness form

#27 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kyle_Dornez said:

I really don't understand the premise of this. Isn't Siegebasically about that? Sentry@Void mopping the floor with asgardians? Thor killing him only because he held beck himself?

Pretty much.
Moderator Online
#28 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: Not going to comment on my comment?

#29 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Rounds

Round 1-Morals OFF ( Regular Sentry VS Regular Thor )-Thor stomps! Too many plot device powers!

Round 2 Sentry Void VS Thor- Thor wins only if Void wants to lose

Round 3 Sentry Void VS Warriors Madness Thor-Same as above

Round 4 Sentry Void VS Odin Force Thor-Thor stomps! Skyfather level being is too much!

I'm assuming that Thor will use ALL of mjolnir's powers in this fight.

Yes.

#30 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@jeanroygrant: Not going to comment on my comment?

Did

#31 Posted by Blacklightning13 (916 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Blacklightning13 said:

1. Thor. Been done in a what if? Isn't the main universe but it's still shows who would win.

It actually doesn't show who WOULD win. It depicts a scenario in which Thor HAD TO win or the Norman Osborn would have been unstoppable.

What's your point?

#32 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

Yes.

Cool.

#33 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Yes.

Cool.

Yep.

#34 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: What did I say yes to?

#35 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@jeanroygrant: What did I say yes to?

You asked does all powers come into play, and i said yes.

#36 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

You asked does all powers come into play, and i said yes.

Oh okay.

#37 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP.

#38 Posted by pooty (11059 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: has Sentry ever transmuted someone as durable as thor or a person powered by magic?

#39 Posted by cfrehse (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is a badass but im gonna have to give it to the sentry. He has way more powers and he proved he can take just as much physical damage and hit just as hard as any heavy hitters when he pretty much stalemated agains WWH. Sentry was growing stronger as the two fought.

#40 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@jeanroygrant: has Sentry ever transmuted someone as durable as thor or a person powered by magic?

Sentry Void transmuted Norm Stones Loki.

#41 Posted by judgernaut (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not too sure anybody has mentioned this but Thor has his godblast which is so powerful it made Galactus run for fear of his life (even if it was because he was hungry, this is an impressive feat) plus it blew a hole in the Brain dome of the Celestial Exitar. The godblast really makes a supernova look like firecrackers. I think with one blow from the godblast Sentry is out in any scenario. But I could be wrong about this...

I am also pretty certain that Odinforce Thor eventually surpassed the power level of Odin with his Odinforce. Odin is known to have power equal to Galactus with the Odinforce and then this adds up to be that Thor surpasses Odin with Odinforce so Odinforce Thor has power at least equal if not more to Galactus. I believe Sentry stands no chance to Galactus so Therefore he stands no chance to Odinforce Thor. I could be wrong about this too, please correct me if I am wrong.

Considering these two alone I think Thor wins in any Scenario.

#42 Posted by SheenLantern (6500 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry every round.

#43 Edited by Bronze_Surfer (2978 posts) - - Show Bio

@judgernaut: he was not hungry he was starving, at starving levels thing has been able to harm galactus.

Odinforce thor is wekaer than Odin but Rune King Thor surpased him (however that version is just pure spec for the most part) and odin is not equal to power in galactus, hungry maybe but not normal.

#44 Posted by SOG7dc (7021 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Thor to win but I doubt he can

#45 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry...Especially if its Void...

#46 Posted by marvelbeatsdc (108 posts) - - Show Bio

Void isn't sentry but yes he would win.

#47 Edited by judgernaut (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@bronze_surfer: Okay I agree. Not fully sated Galactus but it has been known that Odin knocked Galactus unconscious, not just hurt, in battle as the more the battle progressed, the hungrier Galactus got so in the end Odin was able to overpower him.

Okay, my mistake. Noted that Rune King Thor surpasses the power of Odin, not Odinforce Thor. However I am pretty certain that Odin at his peak with the Odinforce was able to match Galactus' power. Not when Galactus was fully sated but nearly so. Therefore if Thor surpassed Odin then he would have a level of power similar to Galactus when he is fully sated. Maybe not exactly that powerful but at least nearly so. At this point, I think Thor could easily overpower Sentry.

Also couldn't Thor open a portal to the Negative Zone where Sentry is weakest and battle there? I mean the battle can go anywhere right? If Thor manages to keep the battle there, would he not defeat Sentry?

Also when Sentry was as "Void" was he not finally defeated when Thor strikes him with a powerful blast from Mjolnir (possibly the god-blast), after Robert begged Thor to kill him. Afterwards he is thrown into the sun to ensure destruction of the void. Does this not mean that the void cannot go into the sun whereas Thor can without any discomfort.

I could be wrong with some of these points so please correct me if I am.

#48 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2978 posts) - - Show Bio

@bronze_surfer: Okay I agree. Not fully sated Galactus but it has been known that Odin knocked Galactus unconscious, not just hurt, in battle as the more the battle progressed, the hungrier Galactus got so in the end Odin was able to overpower him.

It was only temp though. It put odin under such strain he had to enter the odin sleep early while galactus just remade his head.

Okay, my mistake. Noted that Rune King Thor surpasses the power of Odin, not Odinforce Thor. However I am pretty certain that Odin at his peak with the Odinforce was able to match Galactus' power. Not when Galactus was fully sated but nearly so. Therefore if Thor surpassed Odin then he would have a level of power similar to Galactus when he is fully sated. Maybe not exactly that powerful but at least nearly so. At this point, I think Thor could easily overpower Sentry.

He was able to match him in a TP battle nothing else. Rune King Thor could be close to Galactus but we honestly don't know. However Void who is sentry has beaten and over powered molecule man a guy who was multiversal. Just throwing that out there. Besides Sentry stalemated Galactus with Nate Grey.

Also couldn't Thor open a portal to the Negative Zone where Sentry is weakest and battle there? I mean the battle can go anywhere right? If Thor manages to keep the battle there, would he not defeat Sentry?

Possibly. Although he has beaten powerful foes in the negative zone like void who broke every bone in hulks body. Sentry could always come back with void powers.

Also when Sentry was as "Void" was he not finally defeated when Thor strikes him with a powerful blast from Mjolnir (possibly the god-blast), after Robert begged Thor to kill him. Afterwards he is thrown into the sun to ensure destruction of the void. Does this not mean that the void cannot go into the sun whereas Thor can without any discomfort.

That is not true entirely. While Thor unleashed his full power according to himself twice. First time did zip, second turned Bob into a skeleton but he wanted to die and he was not fully back into void mode. But the fight was not fully fare. It was a suicidal Void (weaker) vs. Odin Force Thor, Norn Stone Loki (Skyfather level IIRC), Avengers amped by Norn Stones and having a helicaraiar smash into him. That only put him into a human form for a few moments. Also he threw him into the sun so that Bobs body would constantly burn up only to heal back. In Uncanny Avengers it was revealed that Sentry's body kept healing but void left eventually because he was bored or something before the Apocalypse Twins got him.

I could be wrong with some of these points so please correct me if I am.