Avatar image for ghostrider_fan1
ghostrider fan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ghostrider fan1

Thor realizes that the PF is too much of a threat, and retrieves the Red Infinity Gem of Power.

Battle takes place on Mars

Current Thor with Red Infinity Gem

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thor.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By jeanroygrant

@venomoushatred1001said:

Thor.

Easily.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeanroygrant said:

@venomoushatred1001said:

Thor.

Easily.

True.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sufferthorn

....Spite for Thor.

I'm just waiting till he stops jobbing the hell out of everything.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sufferthorn said:

....Spite for Thor.

We all are, friend, we all are.

ghostrider fan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ghostrider fan1

@Sufferthorn said:

....Spite for Thor.

damn is the red IG gonna make him that powerful?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Killemall

@ghostrider fan1 said:

Extremely hard to tell because granted once during their glory days the power gem was suppose to make you invulnerable (although Logan did cut Thanos during Infnity Gauntlet saga) and given a person infinite strength. Adam warlock with power gem was juggling planet and re-arranging a planetary system like it was childs play.

That being said Hickman retconned the IG, and the latest we have seen from power gem would be Hulk vs Power Gem Champion where Hulk beat him, the problem is thats non-cannon , so we dont know where exactly does the IG stand in terms of power level in current version.

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@Sufferthorn said:

....Spite for Thor.

co-signed!

society619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By society619

@ghostrider fan1 said:

@Sufferthorn said:

....Spite for Thor.

Power Gem - Accesses all power and energy that ever has or will exist, and can boost the other gems effects. Allows the user to duplicate almost any physical superhuman ability and become invincible.

Thor wins in a spite however it's sad the way they are jobbing him, I mean they might as well have Thor get down and cry in the fetal position in the finale. I can't imagine someone like Superman getting jobbed this bad.

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By greenteaforme

@society619 said:

@ghostrider fan1 said:

@Sufferthorn said:

....Spite for Thor.

Power Gem - Accesses all power and energy that ever has or will exist, and can boost the other gems effects. Allows the user to duplicate almost any physical superhuman ability and become invincible.

Thor wins in a spite however it's sad the way they are jobbing him, I mean they might as well have Thor get down and cry in the fetal position in the finale. I can't imagine someone like Superman getting jobbed this bad.

Because Thor is not like Superman. Superman is iconic, a world-renowned character and part of DC's precious trinity.

Thor is none of those things.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Magethor

The Power Gem vs 1/5 of the Phoenix Force?

TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheSuperHuman

@greenteaforme said:

@society619 said:

@ghostrider fan1 said:

@Sufferthorn said:

....Spite for Thor.

Because Thor is not like Superman. Superman is iconic, a world-renowned character and part of DC's precious trinity.

Thor is quite iconic and a world-renown character in Norse Mythology, and is part of one of the most popular pantheons.. =P

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Magethor

@Killemall said:

@ghostrider fan1 said:

the power gem was suppose to make you invulnerable (although Logan did cut Thanos during Infnity Gauntlet saga)

Is this the part where Thanos tells all the heroes that he will only be using two of the Infinity Gems to battle all of them in due to fairness?

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By greenteaforme

@TheSuperHuman said:

@greenteaforme said:

@society619 said:

@ghostrider fan1 said:

@Sufferthorn said:

....Spite for Thor.

Thor is quite iconic and a world-renown character in Norse Mythology, and is part of one of the most popular pantheons.. =P

That's cheating ;P You know I meant specifically Marvel's Thor and not...Thor-Thor.

TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheSuperHuman

@greenteaforme said:

@TheSuperHuman said:

@greenteaforme said:

@society619 said:

@ghostrider fan1 said:

@Sufferthorn said:

....Spite for Thor.

That's cheating ;P You know I meant specifically Marvel's Thor and not...Thor-Thor.

Haha, yeah yeah.

kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kcaz

power gem >>> PF, and PF cyclops doesnt have the full power of the phoenix force, so he gets stomped

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Veitha

Are you serious?? PF >>>>>>>>> Infinity Gem

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Sufferthorn said:

....Spite for Thor.

agreed, The emma vs thor fight was just simply embarrassing

Indeed. Such a shame...

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Killemall

@Magethor said:

Is this the part where Thanos tells all the heroes that he will only be using two of the Infinity Gems to battle all of them in due to fairness?

Yes thats the one, minor correction he only used 1 gem rather than two, the power gem. But it was surprising to see Logan cut through him, because the purpose of power gem was to give you unlimited durability and strength, he shouldnt have been hurt at all right, but he did so meh not sure.

@TheSuperHuman said:

@greenteaforme said:

@TheSuperHuman said:

@greenteaforme said:

Haha, yeah yeah.

In all fairness, before the whole AvX fiasco, Thor was held in quite high regards. He has been expressely stated to be the most powerful avengers (although we had Scarlet Witch who at one point in time was nearly god, and Genis Vell who actually became the god killer), Marvel has given thor a lot of respect the only other character that perhaps gets more respect from marvel would be spiderman (he's their flagship character) and Thanos (their top dog).

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By IZZR

Didnt Scott disintigrate Thor in the last AVX issue? thats what it seemed like to me. Power Gem can only get you so far and against Dark Phoenix Scott i dont think it will do much.

No Caption Provided

He now wields the full phoenix force.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MAZAHS117

If this is FULL Phoenix Force Cyke, then I say he still wins...If were talking anything less than that, I could see Thor pulling out a win with the Power Gem

Ghostalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ghostalt

@greenteaforme said:

@society619 said:

@ghostrider fan1 said:

@Sufferthorn said:

....Spite for Thor.

Spiderman>>>>>Thor

IMO!

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ghostalt: That was Eric posing as Thor. Doesn't count :P

Ghostalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ghostalt

@venomoushatred1001:Spiderman is still better XD

They let him beat up superman!

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By greenteaforme

@Killemall said:

@Magethor said:

Yes thats the one, minor correction he only used 1 gem rather than two, the power gem. But it was surprising to see Logan cut through him, because the purpose of power gem was to give you unlimited durability and strength, he shouldnt have been hurt at all right, but he did so meh not sure.

@TheSuperHuman said:

@greenteaforme said:

@TheSuperHuman said:

@greenteaforme said:

Haha, yeah yeah.

In all fairness, before the whole AvX fiasco, Thor was held in quite high regards. He has been expressely stated to be the most powerful avengers (although we had Scarlet Witch who at one point in time was nearly god, and Genis Vell who actually became the god killer), Marvel has given thor a lot of respect the only other character that perhaps gets more respect from marvel would be spiderman (he's their flagship character) and Thanos (their top dog).

I think Captain America's plot armor is thicker than Thor's by far. He's merely peak human but he's gotten up from attacks that should have killed him. Gambit charged his armor and it blew up all over his body. Do you know what happened to him? There was a fairly big explosion and dust and dirt everywhere, and his body was smoking and steaming from the explosion. But. He didn't even get burned. Even his chest hairs were untouched.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dextersinister

@TheSuperHuman said:

@greenteaforme said:

@society619 said:

@ghostrider fan1 said:

@Sufferthorn said:

....Spite for Thor.

More people in the world would know about Superman and parts of his background than even Norse mythology Thor. A lot of people have heard the name but probably know next to nothing about him let alone his connection to Norse mythology.

@greenteaforme: I've referenced how ridiculous that explosion to the chest was myself and how he beat Warpath a guy who he should be incapable of actually hurting, his plot armour is worse than 90's JL Batman's.

randumo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By randumo24

There's also a different Thor from the Stargate series.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Killemall

@greenteaforme: @Dextersinister: Tom Breevroot was asked the same thing on formspring, and he replied what makes you think Gambit would use a lethal attack on Captain America?

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Magethor

@Killemall said:

@Magethor said:

I don't remember much of Wolverine in action, but I do remember Thanos ripping Tony Stark's head off.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Killemall

@Magethor said:

I don't remember much of Wolverine in action, but I do remember Thanos ripping Tony Stark's head off.

Here's the scan from Wolverine.

No Caption Provided
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#32  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Killemall: I like the rest.

No Caption Provided
Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bo88gdan

Thor

ghostrider fan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ghostrider fan1

@IZZR: he didnt disintigrate him, he just hit him with a lot of fire, you see thor right after in another scan.

ghostrider fan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ghostrider fan1

@Killemall: they give him respect until they feel like making him a punching bag

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Killemall

@Ghostalt: That was Eric posing as Thor. Doesn't count :P

On top of what Venom said, if i may, Spiderman didnt beat Thor though. Yeah he was shown faster, i still think Spiderman in combat is faster than Thor but thats a different argument, Thor was never knocked out.

The Mighty Thor 448

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By bigcimmerian

Thor has the potential to beat him even without power gem and without jobbing and without PIS. Thor can harm Galactus and Chaos King who can destroy multiverse, what makes writers so stupid to make Thor lose to 1/5 of the Phoenix?

Luster77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Luster77

Ok, Thor's a tuff cookie, no doubt, but up against a cosmic force that can wipe out an entire galaxy with but a thought? You guys really think Thor can beat him? Absurd. No doubt Thor can take on cosmic forces but cosmic forces of nature, I highly doubt that. If PF Cyclops just waves his hand the Earth is literally gone, that even includes Thor....the Gods only exist through the nature and balance of the planet. No planet, no Gods....Therefore, I conclude that Thor cannot defeat the PF Cyclops, although it would be one hell of a fight. They'd probably destroy the Earth and Thor's connection to the physical nature of the planet itself....after all, his mother is Gaea, the embodiment of Earth.

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By greenteaforme

@Killemall said:

@greenteaforme: @Dextersinister: Tom Breevroot was asked the same thing on formspring, and he replied what makes you think Gambit would use a lethal attack on Captain America?

If you judge by his reaction, he assumed Cap was either dead or incapacitated.

I personally don't think Gambit would have an issue killing Cap at that point, as he was protecting himself and his fellow mutants from "normies" that were attacking them.

But, even still, his reaction tends to the fact that Gambit (who is pretty good with his powers at this point) believed the blast was enough to at least incapaciatate a normal human (Captain America is only "peak human" - he has NO superhuman attributes), and Cap was simply unharmed.

Also, it was enough to blast apart his metal armor and the surroundings, but not even burn off his chest hairs?

That's plot armor, meng. Thick, untouchable plot armor.

Protin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Protin

@Luster77: Phoenix Force hosts have never shown that kind of power, not even close actually, so I'm not sure where thats coming from. What do you mean if the Earth is destroyed then Thor would be gone? I've never seen this stated either. You also seem to be forgetting that Thor wields an infinity power gem. If used correctly he can pretty much make him self invincible, and boost his strength as much as he wants. I don't see Cyclops winning this

Luster77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Luster77

@Protin:Naaaaaah, I think only the illuminati have possession of the gems...and last I checked, Thor is not part of the group.

Protin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Protin

@Luster77: ...Did you even read the OP?

xmentas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43  Edited By xmentas

Thor with gem VS Phoenix Force Cyclops= Thor

Thor with gem VS Dark Phoenix Force Cyclops= Cyke

Luster77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Luster77

@Protin: ok ok ok....i see what you saying....personally i think it would be a stalemate between the power gem and the pheonix....their both part of the universal order in marvel....

Protin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Protin

@Luster77: How would it be a stalemate? Thor could potentially make himself invincible and as strong as he wants. The same can't really be said for Cyclops. The Phoenix Force is honestly just going to have to find a new host after Thors done with him

Luster77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Luster77

well, since jean grey was the only human being that could possibly possess and handle the phoenix, you could be right. Cyclops' body probably wouldn't hold up against Thor's onslaught.....he wont walk away unscathed tho....he will take a beat down.

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops

LaryKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cyclops with PF is way overpowered ,and has taken all the avengers down with one blast including thor.with the PGem would be more of a challenge cyke with his sharp tactical mind,telepathetic,-kinetc powers woulds win