- Percy at his best

- Fights at Ponte Vedra Beach, FL.

MirrorWave4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It boils down to who's STRONGER, FASTER, SMARTER, and TOUGHER!!!

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Perpetr8rMike

Mismatch I would say.
Percy might not die instantly in the fight but Thor is also Much stronger due to years of training, Belt of Strength and Mjolnir can solo most Comic Characters on its own.

Now if this was under water its possible for Percy to win but still this is a total mismatch.

MirrorWave4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perpetr8rmike: Thor's feats, Percy lift the Sky which weighs a total "dense" mass of 5.5 Quadrillion tons, and the Midgaurd Serpent only weighs 1.5 million.

- There is an ocean in the battle field for Percy.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mirrorwave4: I am well aware of Percy's strength.

Thor can control lightning while Percy can control Wind and Water to form Storms so this is a dead tie.
Both can control Earth so this is a dead tie.

Percy still loses on account of Mjolnir though. It moves FAR to fast for him to dodge. Lightspeed when swung normally or twice the speed of light when he halves its striking force.

Muscle to Muscle on land I give it to Thor due to Hand to Hand training and better skills. In Water I would give it to Percy, speed over all I might give to Percy as Thor tends to forget he can fight fast 90% of the time.

Shavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thor stomps

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

At Percy's best he was invulnerable. Last I checked Thor is not. Percy also has some good strength and power feats(he ruined the entire northwestern coast of the USA. I give Percy a slight edge because of the Invulnerability.

Mortium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mjolnir gives Thor a HUGE advantage. Percy has fought several gods and Titans in the books, but he honestly has no counter for the hammer and Thor is going to fight differently than the Greek deities that Percy is used to fighting. At Percy's best he has the Curse of Achilles, so he would not die outright from a hammer blow, but would at least be stunned, or most likely KO'ed.

I'd say that 5/10 times Thor wins outright, 4/10 times Percy survives for more than 10 mins, thus earning Thor's respect, and 1/10 times Percy surprises Thor and pins him like he did to Hades in The Last Olympian.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluelantern1995: You do have a point, and this was enough to best a God and a Legion of his best fighters in combat in a few seconds. the Achilles Curse makes him damn near a god given that he is a Demi-God to begin with.

Mortium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MirrorWave4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump, this is actually a good topic.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#12  Edited By BlueLantern1995

@perpetr8rmike said:

@bluelantern1995: You do have a point, and this was enough to best a God and a Legion of his best fighters in combat in a few seconds. the Achilles Curse makes him damn near a god given that he is a Demi-God to begin with.

@perpetr8rmikeYep plus you have to remember that he was even able to duel Kronos something only Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades had done in the 1st Olympian War and together...

@mortium said:

@perpetr8rmike: Would the Celestial Bronze harm Thor?

@mortium Celestial Bronze hurts all monsters and gods so the answer is yes.

Mortium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortium: Exactly what lantern said. Sorry was at work couldn't reply.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor stomps

MirrorWave4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MandoViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By MandoViking

@bluelantern1995: To be fair, when Percy fought him Kronos was trapped in a human(luke's) body.

As to the fight, I think that Thor would win, but it would be a good fight due mostly to the Curse of Achilies.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't Thor electrocute him?

Mortium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mortium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mortium
russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thor has durability

Mortium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thor has durability

And Percy has the Curse of Achilles.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Joewell911

@bluelantern1995:

Kronos was in Lukes body at the time, Percy even said if it wasn't for Luke being there he would have been killed

Unless this is movie Thor he takes it. Percy is my favorite character but he can't compete with Thor. Thor is just to strong and fast for him. He doesn't fight like Ares or Hyperion.

So imma have to agree @mortium: with here

Mortium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mortium

I did some thinking, and I am wondering if Thor would be able to sense what Percy is? Would he know that Percy is Demi-God, or would he just see a mortal? Does anyone have any scans to prove one way or another? 'Cause Percy is gonna take one look at Thor and know exactly what he dealing with. If Thor can't tell, then I think that Percy would at least be able to wound him before Thor realizes what's going on.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@mortium: How is Percy going to harm thor? Lifting Strength does not equal striking strength.

Mortium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer: Riptide would cut Thor, IMO. If he punched Thor, I doubt Thor would even notice, but using his Celestial Bronze sword, Percy would at least be able to wound him, and THEORETICALLY be able to kill him as Thor is not immortal.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bronze_Surfer

@mortium: I doubt that Riptide would cut thor with his high durability. While Riptide can hurt monsters and demigods they don't have the level of durability that Thor has. From what I remeber and by looking at the wiki Celestial Bronze cant hurt gods that is Stygian Iron. True thor is not immortal but he is very hard to kill. Even with Achillies Curse Percy is not immune to electrocution and he is fighting a thunder god. Thor can also call down earthquakes, soul steal, and travel dimensions.

dakkad00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that you have to have Percy at his best vs base Thor pretty much signifies that Thor is superior and really a mismatch call.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer: C Celestial Bronze can hurt Gods, Demigods, and Monsters.

It could cut Ares, Hyperion, and bunches of other immortals

When could he soul steal and travel dimensions?

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mortium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer: Soul Steal? Didn't know about that. Any, Riptide was able to cut Ares in the first book, and in the fifth book Percy stated that while Riptide was not enough to kill an Immortal as powerful as Hades, it would definitely hurt him. Without the Curse, Percy easily withstood a lightning blast from Thalia the daughter of Zeus. Granted, Thor's lightning would be more powerful, but not an instant win for the Thunder God. Percy can also generate earthquakes due to Poseidon being the Earthshaker, and I don't see inter-dimensional travel being a factor for this fight. Remember also that this battle takes place on a beach, so Percy can draw nearly unlimited energy from the ocean itself.

Don't get be wrong, I am not arguing that Percy is the clear victor here, just that he stands a decent chance and that he might be able to pull off a couple of wins. I actually think that Thor wins a majority by KO.(either Mjolnir, God Blast or a massive lightning strike.)

MirrorWave4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MirrorWave4

@dakkad00d: Regular Percy Lifted the Sky, not even Superman can do that.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer:

Oh....

Has he ever used that again?

And he looks like he really didn't wanna do it, so why would he do it to a 16 year old kid?

MandoViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@bronze_surfer: Celestial Bronze can only harm magical beings(Gods, Monsters, Demigods, ect.), Stygian Iron can do all that, can hurt mortals and can pull their soul out of their bodies with a touch.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor easily.

AlohomoraCloak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mirrorwave4: Rick actually didn't note how much it weighed. Also, it was more a mentally/emotionally strong thing rather than physically. I bet Thor could hold up the sky and back. Back to mentally--the only thing that kept Percy from holding the sky up was him thinking of things--he was thinking of things and people that'd hold him up. If he had to do it again, I doubt he'd be able to hold it for fifteen / ten minutes.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By Cream_God

Well Percy's greatest feats in fighting where when he was invulnerable due to the river Styx, but that "invulnerability" would be worthless against a weapon like Mjolnir so my vote is thor in a stomp

Cr4pSnip3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness How does it become worthless against Mjolnir? (I suck at Thor-lore)

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Cream_God

@cr4psnip3r: From what's been established, bathing in the river makes your skin impenetrable, so you can't be damaged by puncturing or slashing because of the skin being impenetrable, but blunt damage doesn't cut through or puncture the skin, so thor could wack Percy or Achilles with Mjolnir and could break a bone/organ, cause head trama, internal bleeding, etc

Cr4pSnip3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Cr4pSnip3r

@cgoodness It actually makes the (almost) entire body nearly invincible. Luke Castellan would be proof of that, as his body harboured Kronos' spirit.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Cream_God

@cr4psnip3r: the river made what ever it touched invincible, which is skin, but the insides can still be damage, think of it like this, what happens when a knife goes through the weak spot? It cuts through capillaries, veins, etc causing hemorrhaging, well the same can happen when you are hit with a blunt force like a bat, though your skin will most likely not be damaged, your insides will be. The Styx makes your skin like armor, but blunt force travels through the armor and damaged your insides. Which is why many warriors carried weapons like hammers around so they can kill knights who are heavily armored.

Cr4pSnip3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness I can't find anything that says it's just the skin or outer layer of a person's body.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cr4psnip3r:

http://m.sparknotes.com/lit/metamorphoses/section12.rhtml

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jmarshmallow

This really all comes down to how two completely different worlds of fiction would compare to one another.

Like is lifting the sky in Percy's world even a factor in Thor's world? If so, than Percy would be a...galaxy buster? Solar system buster at least? That's weird to think about.

And invulnerability. Is Percy truly invulnerable? Or would Mjolinir's magic be too much?

There are just too many unknowns in this battle. If every thing we know about Percy and his feats are true, and not just overexaggeration, then the only way that Thor(even a powerful version of him) could outclass Percy is speed. If it's all just hyperbole, then Thor stomps, this is a mismatch, and should be locked immediately.

It'd be crazy to think that Percy could potentially beat people like Thor, Superman, etc. Weird.

Jmarshmallow

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Loxblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers