#1 Posted by Shawn The Devil (5754 posts) - - Show Bio

Who wins and why?

#2 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion. similar powers, greater physical attributes.

#3 Posted by Shawn The Devil (5754 posts) - - Show Bio

I think thor is stronger and more durable. Plus He has more powers to rely on. Thor takes this.

#4 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

Astro Force FTW

#5 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion. He's superior physically, and his Astro-Force should give Thor problems. 

#6 Edited by Sun King (390 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are people saying Orion is Stronger??  What feats to back that up? Thor lifted the Midgard Serpent.  Destroyed a Mountain with one blow.  Not familiar with Orion (always eager to be enlightened).
#7 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sun King said:
" Why are people saying Orion is Stronger??  What feats to back that up? Thor lifted the Midgard Serpent.  Destroyed a Mountain with one blow.  For familiar with Orion (always eager to be enlightened). "
Because Orion has beaten the tar out of Superman on several occasions.
#8 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16888 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @Sun King said:
" Why are people saying Orion is Stronger??  What feats to back that up? Thor lifted the Midgard Serpent.  Destroyed a Mountain with one blow.  For familiar with Orion (always eager to be enlightened). "
Because Orion has beaten the tar out of Superman on several occasions. "
Superman often hold back, like Thor. We can't be sure when they give everything from themselves.
#9 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @Sun King said:
Superman often hold back, like Thor. We can't be sure when they give everything from themselves. "
One of those times Superman was brainwashed into thinking he is the Son of Darkseid.
#10 Posted by Sun King (390 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

" @czarny_samael said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @Sun King said:
Superman often hold back, like Thor. We can't be sure when they give everything from themselves. "
One of those times Superman was brainwashed into thinking he is the Son of Darkseid. "

So, would you say that those fights were a true representation of Superman vs Orion, or plot devices?

For me, I grew up on Walt Simpson's Thor and that Thor would kick 7 shades of crap out of Orion, more to the point, Thor would not hold back, he'd relish a fight with a bad ass 110% warrrior like Orion.

#11 Posted by BIackFlash (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Orion wins, Thor might have the edge over other characters in fighting skill but Orion is a highly trained fighter and has great hand to hand skill
Orion also has high immortality and no real weakness to magic

Thor would have to fight out of character and do something not typical of his power set like attacking the Astro Harness or trying to damage Orion's Mother Box or pulling some deus ex machina like  Radion out of his ass....its not happening without PIS

Fourth World's Orion IMO is the better of the two
 Orion, as he is typcially depicted should defeat Thor

#12 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sun King said:
"So, would you say that those fights were a true representation of Superman vs Orion, or plot devices?

For me, I grew up on Walt Simpson's Thor and that Thor would kick 7 shades of crap out of Orion, more to the point, Thor would not hold back, he'd relish a fight with a bad ass 110% warrrior like Orion.

"
True representations. Orion and Superman have always been written as physically equal.  And on an interesting note, Walt Simonson has also Written Orion as well.
#13 Posted by Sun King (390 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @Sun King said:
"So, would you say that those fights were a true representation of Superman vs Orion, or plot devices?

"
True representations. Orion and Superman have always been written as physically equal.  And on an interesting note, Walt Simonson has also Written Orion as well. "
I did not know that.  I love Simpson's work, that would be worth a look! 
#14 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sun King: Orion

It's probably the best New Gods volume for the last 25 years. This isn't that impressive given the other crap written in that period, this book is pretty nice.
#15 Posted by King Saturn (223723 posts) - - Show Bio
Orion should win this one
#16 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is getting his butt kicked here

#17 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor will send Orion to the firery depths of HEL!!!!!!

#18 Posted by BattleMage (1128 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shawn The Devil said:
" I think thor is stronger and more durable. Plus He has more powers to rely on. Thor takes this. "
#19 Posted by wallywest55 (231 posts) - - Show Bio

im going with orion. as home dood mention b4 astro force isn't something to be taken lightly and when u get orion mad.....its over.

#20 Posted by entropy_aegis (14123 posts) - - Show Bio

Against classic thor it could go either way but as for more recent versions orion wins. 
#21 Posted by MrDirector786 (43371 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion. He's physically stronger, has more fighting skill, and has the power of his astro-force.

#22 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16888 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:
" Orion. He's physically stronger, has more fighting skill, and has the power of his astro-force. "
What prove that he is stronger than Thor? Or more durable?

#23 Posted by MrDirector786 (43371 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
" Orion. He's physically stronger, has more fighting skill, and has the power of his astro-force. "
What prove that he is stronger than Thor? Or more durable?   "
He took on a bloodlusted Superman, he's shown to be about physically equal to Superman on many occasions as well. I've also seen instances of him actually demonstrating more fighting skill. The only fighting skill I've seen Thor show is through weapons. Then he also has the power of the astro-force which rivals Darkseid's omega force. With it, he stopped a device that would have destroyed all life on Earth, he has deflected Darkseid's omega beams, and once used it to stop a bomb that would have destroyed the universe.
#24 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16888 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:
" @czarny_samael said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
He took on a bloodlusted Superman, he's shown to be about physically equal to Superman on many occasions as well. I've also seen instances of him actually demonstrating more fighting skill. The only fighting skill I've seen Thor show is through weapons. Then he also has the power of the astro-force which rivals Darkseid's omega force. With it, he stopped a device that would have destroyed all life on Earth, he has deflected Darkseid's omega beams, and once used it to stop a bomb that would have destroyed the universe. "
1.Fighting with Supe isn't a prove. Hulk fought with Thor and he is not an enemy to Classic Surfer. Captain Marvel proved that he is equal in strength to Supe. Herc proved that he has equal strength to Thor's, but both: not by classic fights.
2.Any proves that Astro Force > Mjolnir? And OB < God Blast.
#25 Posted by MrDirector786 (43371 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
" @czarny_samael said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
He took on a bloodlusted Superman, he's shown to be about physically equal to Superman on many occasions as well. I've also seen instances of him actually demonstrating more fighting skill. The only fighting skill I've seen Thor show is through weapons. Then he also has the power of the astro-force which rivals Darkseid's omega force. With it, he stopped a device that would have destroyed all life on Earth, he has deflected Darkseid's omega beams, and once used it to stop a bomb that would have destroyed the universe. "
1.Fighting with Supe isn't a prove. Hulk fought with Thor and he is not an enemy to Classic Surfer. Captain Marvel proved that he is equal in strength to Supe. Herc proved that he has equal strength to Thor's, but both: not by classic fights. 2.Any proves that Astro Force > Mjolnir? And OB < God Blast. "
The astro-force one-shotted Superman before. He also nearly destroyed the Earth on accident with it. As I said, it was also used to stop a bomb that would have destroyed the entire universe. I know Thor once used his hammer to contain a blast that would have destroyed 1/5 of the universe, but the astro-force stopped something that would have destroyed the entire universe. What do you mean by "but both: not by classic fights"? Do you want proof that he is stronger by things other than just fights? That would be hard to do since most strength feats he has that I know of involve him fighting Superman and being about equal with him. Still, in all of his fights, I've seen that he has better fighting skill than Thor in h2h at least.
#26 Posted by PirateKing69 (4290 posts) - - Show Bio

Think i will go with Orion on this

#27 Posted by Gremlin From Kremlin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion

#28 Posted by Dark King (3727 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor. 

there is no merit to the statement that Orion is stronger but simply a person's opinion and beating some one else is not indicative of being physically superior whether in strength or durability.

a weaker or equal character can beat another by simply getting a lucky hit or being more aggressive or skilled.

having said that i see them to be similarly equal but i see the astro harness getting smashed during battle and an astro  blast easily blocked with Mjonlir or matched if not surpassed by a godblast.

If Orion loses the harness he is deprived of  massive equalizer which is flight..

#29 Posted by MrDirector786 (43371 posts) - - Show Bio

Godblast takes time to charge up, time which Orion isn't going to give him. Orion has also shown more fighting skill than Thor. He also doesn't even need the astro-harness to use the astro-force. It just helps him harness the power in different ways. He used the harness and mother box to stop a cube from absorbing all life on Earth. He also stopped a bomb from destroying the universe.

#30 Posted by FinalStar86 (8681 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion
4th god tech >>Mjolnir

#31 Edited by Dark King (3727 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:

" Godblast takes time to charge up, time which Orion isn't going to give him. Orion has also shown more fighting skill than Thor. He also doesn't even need the astro-harness to use the astro-force. It just helps him harness the power in different ways. He used the harness and mother box to stop a cube from absorbing all life on Earth. He also stopped a bomb from destroying the universe. "

the godblast does take time but firing a blast and then adding his own life force to it does not as it gradually increases in strength.. aside from that blocking the attack and absorbing it and throwing it back at Orion does not.

i am not sure what it is you are referencing with the mother box and cube i would like context and scans if possible.

i could make similar claims for thor and it would be very disingenuous and misrepresent his power  lvl.

just recently Thor fought Glory an evil god being who had absorbed 10's of thousand of  gods having an entire pantheon in itself.(see what i mean?)
#32 Posted by MrDirector786 (43371 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark King said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
" Godblast takes time to charge up, time which Orion isn't going to give him. Orion has also shown more fighting skill than Thor. He also doesn't even need the astro-harness to use the astro-force. It just helps him harness the power in different ways. He used the harness and mother box to stop a cube from absorbing all life on Earth. He also stopped a bomb from destroying the universe. "
the godblast does take time but firing a blast and then adding his own life force to it does not as it gradually increases in strength.. aside from that blocking the attack and absorbing it and throwing it back at Orion does not.  i am not what it is you are referencing with the mother box and cube i would like context and scans if possible.  i could make similar claims for thor and it would be very disingenuous and misrepresent his power  lvl.  just recently Thor fought Glory an evil god being with had absorbed 10's of thousand gods having an entire pantheon in itself.(see what i mean?) "
Orion did that with the mother box in New Gods Volume 2 issue 1

Thing is, Orion has always shown that his astro-force can do that on many occasions. He almost destroyed the Earth with it while he was fighting on the moon, and stated that it could shatter planets when he was fighting a bloodlusted Superman. So no, it's not going against what it's normally capable of at all.
#33 Posted by AssertingValor (5377 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom:
superman = pansie  compared to midgard serpant!
#34 Edited by Dark King (3727 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:

" @Dark King said:

" @MrDirector786 said:
the godblast does take time but firing a blast and then adding his own life force to it does not as it gradually increases in strength.. aside from that blocking the attack and absorbing it and throwing it back at Orion does not.  i am not what it is you are referencing with the mother box and cube i would like context and scans if possible.  i could make similar claims for thor and it would be very disingenuous and misrepresent his power  lvl.  just recently Thor fought Glory an evil god being with had absorbed 10's of thousand gods having an entire pantheon in itself.(see what i mean?) "
Orion did that with the mother box in New Gods Volume 2 issue 1 Thing is, Orion has always shown that his astro-force can do that on many occasions. He almost destroyed the Earth with it while he was fighting on the moon, and stated that it could shatter planets when he was fighting a bloodlusted Superman. So no, it's not going against what it's normally capable of at all. "
again you seem to not grasp what it is i am saying Thor's god blast and physical attacks can also destroy a planet as well its bn said in the past. we have scans of his fights rocking the galaxy now that is hyperbole but it is the same to Orion's own claim. Thor has stated he could destroy and reap the planet with the fury of his weather power he has shown his power is cosmic in nature.. Orion is not the only one who could do that Silver Surfer possess the same lvl of power and he has shown it on panel and we dont say that specific feat is the reason he win as a matter of fact he has lost repeatedly to the Odinson.

i am not asking for the vol i am asking for you to clarify in context what he did with it..
 I have seen Orion rewrite and tear down the Universe with his mother box but i wouldnt claim it is a standard attack nor capable of replicating it in battle seeing as t took him decades to build and prepare to do that and it was an alternate future once the universe was rewrote hence Orion wouldnt even know how to replicate it.

again context or we can play the who beat who game..

Glory
#35 Posted by MrDirector786 (43371 posts) - - Show Bio

#36 Posted by Susanoo (5909 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea so I'm just gonna wait ^^

#37 Edited by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

Go with Orion

#38 Posted by jashro44 (19156 posts) - - Show Bio

well i had a thread with orion and a bunch of top tier characters i guess i underestamated orion because people said he could win and one round he had no weapons and beta ray bill was a contestant and they seem pretty equal and here he has full gear

#39 Posted by _Courage_ (1183 posts) - - Show Bio

Me thinks Orion.
#40 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

this has been done bfore many times and its orion
#41 Edited by Dark King (3727 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 

so your reasoning is that Orion destroyed a DS cube as to why he would win?
their is nothing Thor could not replicate if he was interjected into that situation.

its a nice little feat but it doesnt make Orion any more powerful or lock him a win.. if you like i can trace down similar and superior feats then that.

you got thor and herc punching each other with enough force that they close fissures in reality.
  http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorStrength20Avengers100.jpg
fighting BRB and demolishing a countryside with the impact of their blows..
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorStrength33338.jpg
fights bloodstrike and creates earthquakes with their footsteps..
  http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsThunderstrike04.jpg 

Mjolnir absorbs Galaxy destroying blast from a null bomb.
 http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir149-EnergyAbsorption.jpg
the blast that destroyed the DS cube could have easily be done and exceeded by blast or attacks that Thor has done to beings like Surtur, celestials, Galactus and other high end abstracts/gods who have bn hurt by his power either in energy blast or blunt damage of his hammer.

like i said before if we want to go down the feat for feat we can Thor has the longer history due to his long running titles to draw from.

read what glory's description of what he is compared to the DS cube. glory triumphs it by magnitudes.

http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/sp/6430a8a0bc69d8d5fc76f9962dd077fb/Chaos_War_-_Thor_2_019.jpg
#42 Posted by MrDirector786 (43371 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark King: 
I don't think you read my posts very clearly. That wasn't my whole reason. The reason I posted that was because you asked for it. I was just saying that he only needs his astro-harness to utilize the Astro-force's power in different ways. You were saying that he can't use the astro-force without the harness at all which isn't true. He just needs it to utilize it's power in many different ways.
Also, Orion used it once to stop a bomb that would have destroyed the entire universe which trumps all the feats you're showing. I know Thor once stopped a blast that would have destroyed 1/5 of the universe, but Orion used it to stop a bomb that would have destroyed the whole universe. His astro-force also nearly destroyed the Earth when he was fighting on the moon. He also one-shotted Superman with it before.
#43 Posted by emmbro30 (249 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:
"@czarny_samael said:
"                      @MrDirector786 said:
"                      Orion. He's physically stronger, has more fighting skill, and has the power of his astro-force.                                        "
What prove that he is stronger than Thor? Or more durable?                                          "
He took on a bloodlusted Superman, he's shown to be about physically equal to Superman on many occasions as well. I've also seen instances of him actually demonstrating more fighting skill. The only fighting skill I've seen Thor show is through weapons. Then he also has the power of the astro-force which rivals Darkseid's omega force. With it, he stopped a device that would have destroyed all life on Earth, he has deflected Darkseid's omega beams, and once used it to stop a bomb that would have destroyed the universe.

"

If thou wouldst be so fool hardy as to Thor's fighting skill, I do challenge thee to seek out and paroose Thor #582-587.  Me thinketh that yon mortals of Midgaurd doth under estimate the true unbridled skill of the son of Odin. The God of Thunder doth possess great skill when it cometh to both weaponed and un-weaponed combat.  The Prince of Assgard will not yield and he will not fall.  For such is his call and such is his duty.  FOR ASSGARD!!!
#44 Edited by Dark King (3727 posts) - - Show Bio

see but stopping an explosion prior to detonating isnt the same as actually outright stopping it when it has already exploded or absorbing it into one's self.

pretty sure i never said no such thing about the harness.. i said if he loses the harness he is deprived of an equalizer: flight.

now he may still retain his power but is wouldn't remain as effective or as controllable as it would be with the harness helping him.. its the same with how Thor and his hammer work technically and on panel he possesses the same exact power without it he just grown to rely on it. 

one shotting superman can be impressive but Thor has done similar oneshots with various marvel heavy weights and when mad actually decapitated being with his hammer toss beings more powerful then supes or orion.

nothing you have said so far makes it anymore likely for Orion to win over thor.

Thor when enraged has one shotted BRB into orbit plowed through the infinity watch defeated drax, maxam two of the heavy hitters of the team along with the rest of the watch.. prior to that event earlier he had bn fighting both Adam Warlock and Silver surfer nearly cracking SS skull open if not for warlock... he was also trading blows back and fourth with Drax who had the power gem in blood and thunder story arc a near impossible task of  even winning in a pure brute battle and Thor still held his own.

#45 Posted by Antonio_Blackheart (1542 posts) - - Show Bio

thor wins
#46 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

just thought of something weird thor= orion in a majority of powers hmm, mjolnir= astro harness- lol, both sons of the ruler, both aernt from earth and are aliens, both have at times acheived a higher level of power. Im beginning to see thor as orions counterpart
#47 Posted by Dark King (3727 posts) - - Show Bio
@Valtot said:
" just thought of something weird thor= orion in a majority of powers hmm, mjolnir= astro harness- lol, both sons of the ruler, both aernt from earth and are aliens, both have at times acheived a higher level of power. Im beginning to see thor as orions counterpart "
they are it's a jack kirby thing but it is actually Orion who is Thor's counter part since thor was created 1st. 

Jack kirby was into the whole tech science god stuff ala flash gordon..

they were both meant to mirror each other in different companies which i though was pretty cool of Jack Kirby... only thing that sucks is that marvel asgard has moved away from the god tech stuff and more into magic although not completely bad they were meant to be a mix of both...
#48 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark King:
there doing the tech-magic stuff i hear in the new thor movie
#49 Posted by Dark King (3727 posts) - - Show Bio

yeh, i am gonna watch the movie cant wait.. i hope it doesnt disappoint, hate for it to be a boring movie like Superman too much power and history to translate into a decent  movie. sometimes all you need is actions that's all ppl want instead of trying to cram in an entire motivation of why a hero is the way he is and what makes him tick or recap his origin in under 2 hours.

i didnt make it clear but Jack Kirby created both Orion and Thor.
#50 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion because hes just much better and unlike supes orion wont hold back, i dont see Thor surviving this if its Morals off, if morals are on still hard to say because Orion still kills in character.