Edited 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Thor VS Ms. Martian & Supergirl (85 votes)

Thor 32%
Ms Martian/Supergirl 66%

In character

No prep

Standard gear

Are these 2 females enough to contend with the almighty Thor?

#1 Posted by AmazonieSPL (290 posts) - - Show Bio

Well actually when 2females are on one man the question will alway be Can the man handle so much beauty?If you know what i mean ;)...

AmazonieSPL

#2 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

Well actually when 2females are on one man the question will alway be Can the man handle so much beauty?If you know what i mean ;)...

AmazonieSPL

lol

#3 Edited by dondave (38901 posts) - - Show Bio

Team

#4 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Team

because of ms martian? i ask cause marvel fans ridicule supergirl whenever shes put against thor

#5 Posted by Pokeysteve (8688 posts) - - Show Bio

Either girl is a decent and arguable fight. Both is too much.

#6 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

ive made supergirl vs thor and people said it was a stomp. figured id add a little help.

#7 Posted by Jgames (1691 posts) - - Show Bio

Supergirl might solo

#8 Posted by Pokeysteve (8688 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve said:

ive made supergirl vs thor and people said it was a stomp. figured id add a little help.

Understandable. Some Thor fans pull out abilities he did once 40 years ago. Thor vs Supergirl is arguable just as Thor vs Superman is. That's just my opinion anyways.

#9 Edited by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil said:
@pokeysteve said:

Understandable. Some Thor fans pull out abilities he did once 40 years ago. Thor vs Supergirl is arguable just as Thor vs Superman is. That's just my opinion anyways.

hmm, i see.

#10 Posted by TommyJones1945 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much this. Not too mention, MM can arguably solo. CIN.

#11 Posted by thorthorthorthor (40 posts) - - Show Bio

As a Thor fan, Either one of the team can solo Thor. Heck, tie the teams hand and they still win this. Thor is too freaking slow to hit any of them.

Only the most delusional Thor fans will say he wins.

#12 Posted by WarBlade539 (4758 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins. Currently Thor wields too much power to be taken out by these two. His resistance to Death-Seed Sentry and his fight with Gorr prove as much.

#13 Posted by patrat18 (10877 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve said:

Pretty much this. Not too mention, MM can arguably solo. CIN.

#14 Posted by Hyperlight (6625 posts) - - Show Bio

TP goes a long way

#15 Posted by TazzMission (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins. Currently Thor wields too much power to be taken out by these two. His resistance to Death-Seed Sentry and his fight with Gorr prove as much.

to be fair though charachters like ms martian and martian manhunter himself have a weakness to fire only and thor dosent wield that. they can also turn invisible and basicly mess with thors mind. i think ms martain even killed someone in the young justice toon

#16 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

#11 Posted by thorthorthorthor (10 posts) - 40 minutes, 0 second ago - Show Bio

As a Thor fan, Either one of the team can solo Thor. Heck, tie the teams hand and they still win this. Thor is too freaking slow to hit any of them.

Only the most delusional Thor fans will say he wins.

=================

#12 Posted by darkazrael999 (2466 posts) - 39 minutes, 57 seconds ago - Show Bio

#17 Edited by thanosii (1361 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor depends on the day if its one of those tp resistant days he wins easily

#18 Posted by thanosii (1361 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor depends on the day if its one of those tp resistant days he wins easily

#19 Edited by BigCimmerian (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins.

#20 Posted by HumanNumber (1453 posts) - - Show Bio

While thor has shown resistance to TP, he hasn't shown immunity. So there is a good chance it will effect him drastically, or at the very least distract or effect him in some way. He is at a disadvantage speed wise, so landing hits could prove difficult especially in the Battle Forums simply because they WILL be using there speed. If this fight took place in a comic book, I could definitely see Thor winning this. But if these two work together effectively and use there abilities effectively, then I see them taking only a slight majority.

#21 Edited by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

While thor has shown resistance to TP, he hasn't shown immunity. So there is a good chance it will effect him drastically, or at the very least distract or effect him in some way. He is at a disadvantage speed wise, so landing hits could prove difficult especially in the Battle Forums simply because they WILL be using there speed. If this fight took place in a comic book, I could definitely see Thor winning this. But if these two work together effectively and use there abilities effectively, then I see them taking only a slight majority.

how fast is ms martian?

#22 Edited by alessandro_souzamarques (721 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission said:

@darkazrael999 said:

to be fair though charachters like ms martian and martian manhunter himself have a weakness to fire only and thor dosent wield that. they can also turn invisible and basicly mess with thors mind. i think ms martain even killed someone in the young justice toon

Lightning is a kind of fire, you know. It's actually way hotter than the core of the Sun. Thor wins without much of a problem. Thor could sense her with Mjolnir anyway.

#23 Posted by Wolfrazer (7729 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm starting to get rather disappointed in Thor battles, cause people keep saying he is too slow to hit anyone...

#24 Posted by WarBlade539 (4758 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm starting to get rather disappointed in Thor battles, cause people keep saying he is too slow to hit anyone...

That's because people don't know him properly.

#25 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

thats because people know him properly and have seen his speed feats. sometimes its inconsistent as is much in comics but there are more low showings and statements of his speed than there are high showings.

#26 Posted by Wolfrazer (7729 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil: So he has shown high combat/reaction speed then?

#27 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil: So he has shown high combat/reaction speed then?

yes. he has also shown very slow combat speed and reaction time.

#28 Edited by SheenLantern (6909 posts) - - Show Bio

You say that as if it's not the truth.

#29 Posted by Wolfrazer (7729 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52?

#31 Posted by dondave (38901 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52?

I doubt it considering, Miss Martian has only one appearance in the New 52 and it was only a photo of her on the news.

#32 Edited by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: Oh, well she may as well be Thor's downfall.

#33 Posted by BigCimmerian (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: Is her power level around that of Martian Manhunter?

#34 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

Supergirl solos, she's just below Superman, who stomps Thor imo.

#35 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8993 posts) - - Show Bio

This, I think people lowball Supergirl personally. I think she could arguably take Thor. Perhaps not a majority, but arguable.

I don't know much about Ms. Martian but if she's anything like J'onn, I think she could be arguable too.

Together, just seems too much.

#36 Posted by green_skaar (4761 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is turning into the new Hulk, no respect on Comic Vine.

#37 Posted by dorukesin (6955 posts) - - Show Bio

MM solos

#38 Posted by dorukesin (6955 posts) - - Show Bio

wait is that Cartoon or Comic version of Miss Martian?

#39 Posted by HumanNumber (1453 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil:

Miss Martian is nearly identical in physicals to Supergirl, evident in their pre-flashpoint fight. Just as Martians and Kryptonians all possess similar 'superspeed bricks' stats. Though as far as actual speed feats she lacks them, not as much exposure as Supergirl.

#40 Edited by HumanNumber (1453 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar:

Both Thor and Hulk would fair better in these Battles if they actually happened in comics, where superspeed is more often used for travel and flying than anything else(except speedsters whose main is there speed). In the Battle Forums we have to assume that combatants are using their abilities efficiently, otherwise battles would be more of a toss up with how much silly PIS/CIS goes in comics.

#41 Posted by JudgeNeptune (224 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is too slow for the martian/kryptonian duo... heck, he gets tagged by frickin training balls and devices.

#42 Posted by green_skaar (4761 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar:

Both Thor and Hulk would fair better in these Battles if they actually happened in comics, where superspeed is more often used for travel and flying than anything else(except speedsters whose main is there speed). In the Battle Forums we have to assume that combatants are using their abilities efficiently, otherwise battles would be more of a toss up with how much silly PIS/CIS goes in comics.

Thor and Hulk fair just fine in comics, against opponents that would destroy MM/SG. In case you haven't noticed Marvel is not obsessed with combat speed (especially in space) like Comic Vine is. What's happening is CV zero's in on something the comics don't care about, and because of that the Marvel folks lose. We have to look at how they fair in their respective universes, and Thor is one of the very top dogs taking on cosmic/galactic foes.

#43 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@humannumber said:

@green_skaar:

Thor and Hulk fair just fine in comics, against opponents that would destroy MM/SG. In case you haven't noticed Marvel is not obsessed with combat speed (especially in space) like Comic Vine is. What's happening is CV zero's in on something the comics don't care about, and because of that the Marvel folks lose. We have to look at how they fair in their respective universes, and Thor is one of the very top dogs taking on cosmic/galactic foes.

thats what humannumber is telling you. he just said what you said to him

#44 Posted by SheenLantern (6909 posts) - - Show Bio

This, I think people lowball Supergirl personally. I think she could arguably take Thor. Perhaps not a majority, but arguable.

What do you mean not a majority? Supergirl is Superman's equal and in some ways superior, she's faster, is better at vibrating à la her training with Flash, and she's a moon and planet buster just like Supes.

#45 Posted by HumanNumber (1453 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar:

I agree with you about fairing much better in comics, I already said that. But these aren't comics and the point of the battle forums is stray away from the comics because they don't always portray things realistically and it's okay for them because they're just trying to write stories. Battles here are meant to logically argue and later hopefully agree on what would ACTUALLY happen, rather than what writers and editors might want to happen to move their stories along.

#46 Edited by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier said:

What do you mean not a majority? Supergirl is Superman's equal and in some ways superior, she's faster, is better at vibrating à la her training with Flash, and she's a moon and planet buster just like Supes.

theres such a huge gap in whats thought about supergirl. i got ridiculed once for making supergirl vs thor. people said thor stomped and it wasnt close. now im hearing different. whats going on?????

#47 Posted by green_skaar (4761 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar:

I agree with you about fairing much better in comics, I already said that. But these aren't comics and the point of the battle forums is stray away from the comics because they don't always portray things realistically and it's okay for them because they're just trying to write stories. Battles here are meant to logically argue and later hopefully agree on what would ACTUALLY happen, rather than what writers and editors might want to happen to move their stories along.

The issue is we are comparing two entirely different multi-verses, that handle battles differently. One has a much greater emphasis on speed (DC) and one a much greater emphasis on power (Marvel).

#48 Edited by SheenLantern (6909 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil said:

@sheenlantern said:

@granitesoldier said:

theres such a huge gap in whats thought about supergirl. i got ridiculed once for making supergirl vs thor. people said thor stomped and it wasnt close. now im hearing different. whats going on?????

Incorrect, not even Superman is able to comprehend Kara's speed.

She is also stronger than Lobo (Apparently), and when she was still young and inexperienced Superman considered it a genuine possibility that she would inadvertently destroy the Earth in a fit of rage.

#49 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar:

agreed. thats a great way to explain it.

#50 Posted by HumanNumber (1453 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar:

Yeah it's an issue but one that can be solved by making battles where speed is nerfed or by making battles where speed doesn't play a larger part of the fights. But you can't say that we simply ignore speed in every fight just because marvel character don't move fast, that would not be logical or honest. Noone has brought up nerfing power for marvel characters because like you said it's a larger focus for those characters, should we nerf hulk's and thor's ability to destroy planets as side effects? DC character don't get to do stuff like that all the time. Since we are comparing two different universes things aren't going to equal, there will be advantages and disadvantages for both sides.