Thor vs Mongul (With rings)

jacobyLIVE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jacobyLIVE

Takes place on Earth. No BFR. Monguls rungs are at full power at start of battle. Thor knows Mongul is coming and is a powerhouse but is unaware of Monguls rings.

bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By bumnut

Thor ftw Mjolnir>any rings in power, and Thor can deflect or drain any power thrown at him.
jacobyLIVE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jacobyLIVE
@bumnut said:
" Thor ftw Mjolnir>any rings in power, and Thor can deflect or drain any power thrown at him. "
Can he really? I was thinking he could but I thought maybe i was wrong.
bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bumnut
@jacobyLIVE said:
" @bumnut said:
" Thor ftw Mjolnir>any rings in power, and Thor can deflect or drain any power thrown at him. "
Can he really? I was thinking he could but I thought maybe i was wrong. "

He's disabbled Juggy's ff  briefly with it, took out that virus at the end of Secret Invasion, taken out both SS & Warlock together with it.  A ring that houses energy and needes replenishing is not a good thing around Mjolnir.
Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Shattered007

Mongul was smacking around Yat and several other Lanterns at the same time, Thor's plot device hammer won't save him here

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Static Shock
@bumnut said:
taken out both SS & Warlock together with it
Didn't Thor have a one of those Gems at the time, or was that Warlock that had one and Thor was in Warrior's Madness?
-Unseen-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By -Unseen-

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By tensor

mongul for the win thor does not have a chance in this battle
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By slimj87d

I think Tho can do it. His Hammer is PIS power, it can absorb Mogul's rings energy.

Yat was getting smacked around because he couldn't get access to the ion powers and his yellow sun energy was depleted. So Mogul with rings was technically fighting a normal green lantern until Yat sacrificed himself.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@-Unseen-: 

That picture really irritates me. The Sinestro Corps and Red Lantern rings in the picture have the GL symbol (and that's not really the GL symbol either)

On topic: I side with Mongul.
bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bumnut
@Static Shock said:
" @bumnut said:
taken out both SS & Warlock together with it
Didn't Thor have a one of those Gems at the time, or was that Warlock that had one and Thor was in Warrior's Madness?"

No, he didn't get the pg till the next  issue/part after this, when he took on the watch and got it off Drax.  He took on and soundly defeated SS & Warlock, who had the soulgem and used a karmic blast on Thor to no effect,  and both ran at the end of the battle with Warlock having to lift SS out of the battle on Surfers own board as Warlock could control it, if he hadn't Surfer, and Warlock would have been out of contention.  For the record, this was the second time he hammerd SS, first was only a few issues prior when he was about to take out BRB with a killing blow till SS rocked up, then he got the same. This was without any powerups, that didn't come till later when he aquired the PG from Drax, which was the next issue in the storyline,  in Thor (469 part 5 which is at the bottom of this post) which came after the story  below, which is part 4.  Everything Thor did in this issue below was under his own powerset, no upgrades, he just wasn't holding back period and letting loose, being a little crazy.

Waffle Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Waffle Fries

Mongul without the rings beats Thor.

bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bumnut

Riiiiiiiiiiight, o.k.
-Unseen-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By -Unseen-
@Waffle Fries said:
"Mongul without the rings beats Thor. "
growup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By growup
@Shattered007: @Shattered007 said:
"

Mongul was smacking around Yat and several other Lanterns at the same time, Thor's plot device hammer won't save him here

"
I disagree with this statement
-Unseen-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By -Unseen-

Ugh, Thor's thighs are twice the size of his head and Surfer looks like a vague lump of humanoid playdough.
bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bumnut

That's your basis of argument?? Critisizing the art??
-Unseen-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By -Unseen-
@bumnut said:
"That's your basis of argument?? Critisizing the art?? "

Who are you to critcize my opioion?! The sheer arrogance! These are FICTIONAL characters!!!!11! 

At any rate thats the basis of my art critcism, your argument just fails in general.
Using Thor pounding on the Surfer and warlock despite them holding back and trying to calm him isn't a good argument for beating Mongul who's stronger than either.  
Avatar image for thejuggernautpunch
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is Warrior Madness Thor in the scans .

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By IZZR

Mongul will leave him for dead

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By pooty
@bumnut: not saying who wins but that Thor was fighting at full rage going crazy while SS/Warlock were trying to reason with him. So SS/Warlock were at "sparring" levels while Thor was at "fighting for the title" levels.

@TheJuggernautpunch: I thought Odin said thor was mentally imbalanced not Warrior's madness. He even created that Valkyrie from his fractured mind. Thor was crazy not Warriors madness i believe
bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By bumnut
@pooty said:
@bumnut: not saying who wins but that Thor was fighting at full rage going crazy while SS/Warlock were trying to reason with him. So SS/Warlock were at "sparring" levels while Thor was at "fighting for the title" levels.

@TheJuggernautpunch: I thought Odin said thor was mentally imbalanced not Warrior's madness. He even created that Valkyrie from his fractured mind. Thor was crazy not Warriors madness i believe
I believe that's where alot of people get confused with Blood & Thunder, that Thor wasn't in Warrior Madness mode, but mentally unbalanced.

@Poooty: SS/Warlock being in 'Sparring' mode doesn't really ring true for me or the story, they were there to stop Thor, sure, they didn't really want to hurt him, but in the end, they didn't/couldn't even incapacitate him, and ran before he could do more damage.  He was a serious threat, and were trying to contain him, and new he was gonna be a threat to innocents anywhere he was involved, so i'm sure they didn't do a runner cause they simply didn't want to hurt him, I honestly believe cause they didn't have sufficient power to contain him given his state of mind, imo.
Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Scarbearer

I get confused.. is this Mongul the original Mongul with some power rings? Or is it still one of his Sons/Offspring?  The Original Mongul used to be a Darkseid level threat, but once Darkseid joined the DCU formerly they just used him less since there were alot of similarities between the characters and Darkseid brought with him a more interesting stable of supporting characters.  Mongul's son's and offspring have never impressed me.. but if this is the orginal article I definatly think he has a chance of taking Thor.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By pooty
@bumnut: If  either Warlock or Surfer went crazy and bloodlusted and Thor was only trying to contain either of them, they would wipe the floor with him as well. When battling Thor if you hold back he will beat you. But we have seen Thor vs Surfer and it was never that easy. Thor was never that dominate.  And the comic writers needed to bring Thanos and Odin into the story. Another reason they ran.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By difficlus

Needless bump but i say Thor after the fight of his life. Mongul has handed it to superman more than once in the past. 

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jacobyLIVE said:
@bumnut said:
Can he really? I was thinking he could but I thought maybe i was wrong.

bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bumnut
@difficlus said:
Needless bump but i say Thor after the fight of his life. Mongul has handed it to superman more than once in the past. 
I think your thinking of his father, Mongul Snr.  I don't believe Jnr has ever handled Superman effeciently, in fact, I think it's the other way around, Superman has never needed any help with Jnr, from what I can remember.

@pooty said:
@bumnut: If  either Warlock or Surfer went crazy and bloodlusted and Thor was only trying to contain either of them, they would wipe the floor with him as well. When battling Thor if you hold back he will beat you. But we have seen Thor vs Surfer and it was never that easy. Thor was never that dominate.  And the comic writers needed to bring Thanos and Odin into the story. Another reason they ran.
You know how you here alot being said that Thor generally holds back alot, well, I believe one of the purposes of this (Blood & Thunder) storyline was to also see a Thor unleashed who doesn't hold back, imo, and as was shown, was quite a scary thing. I do understand where your comming from and trying to say, Pooty :-)

@scarbearer said:
I get confused.. is this Mongul the original Mongul with some power rings? Or is it still one of his Sons/Offspring?  The Original Mongul used to be a Darkseid level threat, but once Darkseid joined the DCU formerly they just used him less since there were alot of similarities between the characters and Darkseid brought with him a more interesting stable of supporting characters.  Mongul's son's and offspring have never impressed me.. but if this is the orginal article I definatly think he has a chance of taking Thor.
 No, it's not original Mongul.  There was Mongul during PC days.  Then post COIE after the retcon, Mongul came back as he did in the pc days, as in he was a warlord who controlled Warworld and Superman ran into him when he exiled himself from earth after killing the alternate earth Zod and his gan, and over guilt of killing them with K, he exiled himself into deepspace, and was a bit of a shamble, with beard and no costume, and got caught/collected by Mongul for his gladiatorial games.  He eventually defeated Mongul and returned to earth not long after.  His second apearance I believe is when the Cyborg Superman aka Hank Henshaw, took control of Warwold and Mongul (since he was in charge at that point) and used Mongul and Warwarld iin Reign of the Superman and it was Mongul who destroyed Coast City on Cyborg/Henshaw's orders.  GL Jordan defeated him (with a broken arm, no less).  Mongul Snr died, pretty much instantly in Underworld when Neron snapped his neck and took his soul.  That's when Mongul Jnr entered after that, and his sister Mongal, who'm Mongul Jnr later killed by punching her head off! Hope that helps you out.
phliuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By phliuy
@-Unseen- said:
@bumnut said:
"That's your basis of argument?? Critisizing the art?? "
Who are you to critcize my opioion?! The sheer arrogance! These are FICTIONAL characters!!!!11!  At any rate thats the basis of my art critcism, your argument just fails in general. Using Thor pounding on the Surfer and warlock despite them holding back and trying to calm him isn't a good argument for beating Mongul who's stronger than either.  
Your arrogance knows no bounds!!!!!!! 

anyways.... It's not a great argument, but as posted earlier in this thread, surfer and warlock couldn't even slow thor down.  

Also mongul may be stronger than either, but surfer should be able to take  him. Hm. maybe i should start that thread...
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By pooty
@bumnut: IMO if Surfer and Thor fought with the same mindset it would be a massive battle with no clear winner. It's not a stomp for either person. In "Blood/Thunder" it was a stomp because one was holding back.
recordkeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By recordkeeper
@pooty said:
@bumnut: IMO if Surfer and Thor fought with the same mindset it would be a massive battle with no clear winner. It's not a stomp for either person. In "Blood/Thunder" it was a stomp because one was holding back.

there about to fight with the same mind set in next issue of thor... 

& this would be a good battle, very tough on whoever wins
sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By sa5m

Mongul with the rings

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#32  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
@sa5m said:

Mongul with the rings

Agreed.
NeonNemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By NeonNemesis

Thor

SilverGalford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SilverGalford

i think  it could be a stalemate.

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By IZZR

Sodam Yat would absolutely crush Thor and Mongul annihilated him and many more lanterns simultaneously so in reality this is a mismatch

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@SilverGalford said:
i think  it could be a stalemate.

I agree.
LubeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By LubeMan
@IZZR said:
Sodam Yat would absolutely crush Thor and Mongul annihilated him and many more lanterns simultaneously so in reality this is a mismatch
I don't believe so, imo.  Thor's hammer>>rings on Mongul's fingers.  Thor's fought and taken down much more serious heavy cosmic hitters than Mongul Jnr.  Thor in a good fight.
Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mongul

Loves2spooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Loves2spooge

Without PIS Thor takes it. If you put into account Mongul has consistently beaten WW who i believe is stronger than Thor. But that's just me. Mongul's a lot stronger and he fights dirty. I just can't decide. If it was Classic Mongul,Thor dies.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Mongul stomps

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers