Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By XiiX
No Caption Provided

Thor VS Mongul and Kalibak

-Round 1. No weapons/ranged abilities. Strictly a hand to hand fight.

-Round 2. Thor has his hammer, Mongul has 10 yellow power-rings, Kalibak has his standard weapons/equipment.

-Win by any means.

NoSoAmazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team, both rounds.

BRAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mongul would beat Thor in a heads up fight..With Kalibak? That would be murder she wrote

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team. Easy

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sy8000  Online

Team MIGHT be able to win round 1. MIGHT. Thor wins soundly round 2.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By termiteone4ever

Team for sure both rounds

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team, easily.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By nefarious

Team.

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was always under the impression that Mongul gives Supes a run for his money. Adding Kalibak should ensure that the team wins.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thor vs either 1v1 would bring debate :/

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By XiiX

@dre_savage: Whenever Superman starts taking the fight at all seriously, he usually ends up embarrassing Mongul.

Same with Kalibak.

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix:

But now it's both of them together. And I'm a firm believer thag Thor is a few notches below Supes. Supes to me has more strength feats from what I hear, and is MUCH faster should he fully use his speed. I just can't see Thor beating BOTH of them.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sy8000  Online

@kingares109: monguls only real job is getting manhandled by superman or green lantern or whomever. Hell, superman beat him by dropping a nuke on him once. Kalibak is supposedly equal to Orion physically, but he typically gets stomped by him( granted the explaination is that Orion Is more skilled but that doesn't change kalibaks lack of Orion level feats). They're both much weaker than Thor but They MIGHT be able to overpower him in the first round. In the next round Thor can probably one or two shot either if them. Monguls ring doesn't make a bit difference since all his feats are with a full 10 rings, and I don't see why Thor can't just drain him.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team wins round 1, but Thor's combat training, strength and duarability; would mean he will hold his own.

Round 2: The team wins, but just.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd go with the team for Round 1, Thor for Round 2.

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team both rounds

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: I thought it was his pops..Lol..I wouldn't argue for the son..

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor destroys them.

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Mongul solos.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sy8000  Online

Mongul solos.

He really doesn't. Superman typically overpowers Mongul with pure strength without a lot of trouble. Honestly, two or three solid shots from Mjlnor should really be all it takes for Thor to win.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

all his feats are with a full 10 rings, and I don't see why Thor can't just drain him.

Ah, my mistake.

I've since edited the OP.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sy8000  Online

@xiix said:

@highaccuser said:

all his feats are with a full 10 rings, and I don't see why Thor can't just drain him.

Ah, my mistake.

I've since edited the OP.

In that case Mongul handily solos round 2.

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kangconquers said:

Mongul solos.

He really doesn't. Superman typically overpowers Mongul with pure strength without a lot of trouble. Honestly, two or three solid shots from Mjlnor should really be all it takes for Thor to win.

I knew Junior was a jobber, but can he really not hang with Supes?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sy8000  Online

@highaccuser said:

@kangconquers said:

Mongul solos.

I knew Junior was a jobber, but can he really not hang with Supes?

To a degree at best. He can pull off decent showings against Superman but can't really match him in H2H ever since their training.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@kingares109: monguls only real job is getting manhandled by superman or green lantern or whomever. Hell, superman beat him by dropping a nuke on him once. Kalibak is supposedly equal to Orion physically, but he typically gets stomped by him( granted the explaination is that Orion Is more skilled but that doesn't change kalibaks lack of Orion level feats). They're both much weaker than Thor but They MIGHT be able to overpower him in the first round. In the next round Thor can probably one or two shot either if them. Monguls ring doesn't make a bit difference since all his feats are with a full 10 rings, and I don't see why Thor can't just drain him.

This

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@kangconquers:

Speed aside, just because a character can hang with Superman should not give him an inherent superiority against Thor, especially considering what his hammer can do. Mjolnir allows him to do a lot of stuffs you wouldn’t expect even someone like Superman to be able to replicate. Few feats that come to mind is destroying a dimensional gateway with thunder, so potent, its roar was heard all the way into a whole different sector of the universe. Thor has also, when push came to shove, unleashed so much energy using his hammer that it nearly tore a hole between 2 universes.

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kangconquers:

Speed aside, just because a character can hang with Superman should not give him an inherent superiority against Thor, especially considering what his hammer can do. Mjolnir allows him to do a lot of stuffs you wouldn’t expect even someone like Superman to be able to replicate. Few feats that come to mind is destroying a dimensional gateway with thunder, so potent, its roar was heard all the way into a whole different sector of the universe. Thor has also, when push came to shove, unleashed so much energy using his hammer that it nearly tore a hole between 2 universes.

I've always been a huge supporter of Thor in Thor vs Superman battles. I just always hear the name Mongul and drum up associations with Mongul Sr, who does indeed solo Thor.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@claymore1998 said:

@kangconquers:

I've always been a huge supporter of Thor in Thor vs Superman battles. I just always hear the name Mongul and drum up associations with Mongul Sr, who does indeed solo Thor.

Mongul Sr got one-shotted by Hal Jordan and embarrassed repeatedly by Cyborg Superman IIRC.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Fair enough, my comment wasn't specific to any character but rather the comparison with Superman in general. Superman has the luxury of having the speed advantage over Thor, but beyond that once you look into stuffs Mjolnir can do, everything else Superman brings to the table can be easily negated.

SionistheBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SionistheBoss

Round 1: Team

Round 2: Thor

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

team takes both rounds

deathsdoor726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By deathsdoor726

Team wins round one but I think thor barely wins the 2nd one

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#36  Edited By WarlordEternal

I wanna say team both rounds.

Round 1 in a good fight.

Round 2 just barely.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge He is most likely thinking of Pre-Crisis Mongul.

Avatar image for mohammed_alg_92
mohammed_alg_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

team stomp both rounds

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: @kangconquers: @comicstooge: Allow me to clear up some confusion here.

Post-Crisis Mongul Sr. on his best day had strength to rival a post-death Superman. When him and Superman first fought, he utterly destroyed the Man of Steel as he had gone a while without contact with a sun; however, Superman himself believed that even at his prime he would not be able to match the Warlord. Unfortunately this was a the beginning of Mongul's jobbing as not long after Superman and Mongul had a rematch and despite Mongul tanking superman's blows and pretty much being annoyed by him, Superman then suddenly musters the rest of his strength to knock Mongul out...Okay. He then went on to be Cyborg Superman's servant/second in command and lost to Hal Jordan after Jordan used Steel's hammer. (Though it should be noted that Mongul stomped the sh*t out of him first). Mongul would then bounce back, having his best showing against Superman in a long time when he fought not only him, but also Kyle Rayner.

Mongul Jr. had superior strength to his father and Superman (at the time of their meeting and training) He tanked all of Superman's attacks like they were nothing; however, after the intense training, Superman had achieved his full potential putting him beyond Mongul Jr. Mongul Jr would then suffer from what befell his father...Jobbing. Superman would occasionally beat him so easily as if the writer forgot who the character was. Though despite this Mongul still had enough strength to one-shot Wonder Woman and even rock Superman when written correctly. In fact Superman still considered Mongul to be one of the strongest opponents he had ever faced. Jr would go on to face Hal Jordan. Prior this battle Hal had achieved the ability to damage anything yellow. Mongul was unaware of this and ripped his own armor off, exposing his yellow skin, as he believed Hal could not hurt him. This would cost Mongul the first round as Hal then impaled Mongul numerous times with sharp constructs. In the next issue which follows immediately after, Mongul would fight back, stepping up his game, forcing Hal to BFR him. After this Mongul would become an unofficial Sinestro Corps member. After murdering several Yellow Lanterns, he obtained a ring for each finger. This would allow him to hold the advantage in a battle against 10 veteran GL's, and nearly kill Sinestro himself.

Pre-Crisis Mongul is the most powerful version of the character to date. He has defeated Superman (more then once), Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman (very easily), Starman (even easier), and the Justice League. He also took on the combined efforts of Superman and the Legion of Superheroes, during which he easily broke out of the hardest material in the DCU.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kangconquers said:

Fair enough, my comment wasn't specific to any character but rather the comparison with Superman in general. Superman has the luxury of having the speed advantage over Thor, but beyond that once you look into stuffs Mjolnir can do, everything else Superman brings to the table can be easily negated.

Speed Equalized Thor could imo wreck any JLA member except for Martian Manhunter and Morals off Flash.

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Kangconquers

@highaccuser: @kangconquers: @comicstooge: Allow me to clear up some confusion here.

Post-Crisis Mongul Sr. on his best day had strength to rival a post-death Superman. When him and Superman first fought, he utterly destroyed the Man of Steel as he had gone a while without contact with a sun; however, Superman himself believed that even at his prime he would not be able to match the Warlord. Unfortunately this was a the beginning of Mongul's jobbing as not long after Superman and Mongul had a rematch and despite Mongul tanking superman's blows and pretty much being annoyed by him, Superman then suddenly musters the rest of his strength to knock Mongul out...Okay. He then went on to be Cyborg Superman's servant/second in command and lost to Hal Jordan after Jordan used Steel's hammer. (Though it should be noted that Mongul stomped the sh*t out of him first). Mongul would then bounce back, having his best showing against Superman in a long time when he fought not only him, but also Kyle Rayner.

Mongul Jr. had superior strength to his father and Superman (at the time of their meeting and training) He tanked all of Superman's attacks like they were nothing; however, after the intense training, Superman had achieved his full potential putting him beyond Mongul Jr. Mongul Jr would then suffer from what befell his father...Jobbing. Superman would occasionally beat him so easily as if the writer forgot who the character was. Though despite this Mongul still had enough strength to one-shot Wonder Woman and even rock Superman when written correctly. In fact Superman still considered Mongul to be one of the strongest opponents he had ever faced. Jr would go on to face Hal Jordan. Prior this battle Hal had achieved the ability to damage anything yellow. Mongul was unaware of this and ripped his own armor off, exposing his yellow skin, as he believed Hal could not hurt him. This would cost Mongul the first round as Hal then impaled Mongul numerous times with sharp constructs. In the next issue which follows immediately after, Mongul would fight back, stepping up his game, forcing Hal to BFR him. After this Mongul would become an unofficial Sinestro Corps member. After murdering several Yellow Lanterns, he obtained a ring for each finger. This would allow him to hold the advantage in a battle against 10 veteran GL's, and nearly kill Sinestro himself.

Pre-Crisis Mongul is the most powerful version of the character to date. He has defeated Superman (more then once), Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman (very easily), Starman (even easier), and the Justice League. He also took on the combined efforts of Superman and the Legion of Superheroes, during which he easily broke out of the hardest material in the DCU.

So what's your opinion on Jr. vs. Thor?

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what's your opinion on Jr. vs. Thor?

My knowledge on Thor has gotten rusty, but in a strictly H2H fight...I think Jr. beats him, unless some one can show me otherwise.

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mongul has more than enough to solo.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#46  Edited By ProfessorRespect

Thor probably beats Mongul due to his jobbing status. Kalibak is utterly useless as usual. Mongul wins second round due to the huge Lantern amp.

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Mongul and Kalibak.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kalibak put up fights to Orion, but they were always so sub-par. Mongul is normally devastating but Thor should be able to absolutely annihilate.

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Thor due to jobbing aura surrounding mongul and I don't even know who kalibak is.

R2: Team due to lantern amp.

Avatar image for deactivated-618f9ab870bc3
deactivated-618f9ab870bc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team.