HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@voodoopenguin: @experio: @deathandgrim:

This is a good matchup actually. MM can seal Thor in the Mirror Dimension at speeds that boggle the mind, while Mjolnir has the ability to travel between dimensions.

So the question is: Can Thor get a bead on MM physically or with a bolt of mystical lightning ORwill MM trap Thor inside of his own armor/helmet before Thor can even blink?

I see a stalemate here gentlemen. Your thoughts?

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By TheTrueBarryAllen

Mirror Master, his weapons are essentially on the verge of reality warping.

He has a gun that can turn people into glass, which kills them.

His armor also hypnotizes those who look at it, which might not work on Thor but I figured I'd mention it anyways.

Also if he sent Thor into the Mirror World it would cause Thor some great pain, traveling through there is terrible and incredibly disorienting if you've never gone there before, Mirror Master stated that he himself had troubles and would blackout for days until he got used to the mirrors.

Anyways, all he's gotta do is BFR & then break the Mirror before Thor gets out, which should be feasible.

Worst comes to worst he makes tons of duplicates and summons a Mirror World Thor to try and even the playing field.

Avatar image for averageinsanity
AverageInsanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mirror master stomps.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet: Can Mirror Master trap Thor before the hammer gets to Mirror master? Worst case scenario, Thor gets trapped but should be able to instantly get out by opening a portal straight back. And this lays the hammer down on him Surprisingly assuming they have no knowledge of each others abilities.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio: Going into the Mirror World causes incredible headaches and tons of disorientation, when Mirror Master first used his mirrors to travel through the Mirror World it caused him to have blackouts that lasted for days and he couldn't remember how he got where he was or what he was doing there. Thor wouldn't be able to instantly escape, at least not before Mirror Master breaks the Mirror which would kill him.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mirror Master.Thor hitting him wouldn't work as MM probably isn't there

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thunder God ftw

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I gonna stay away from this one.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

MM

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MM.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By oceanmaster21

Mirrior Master Has this

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can Thor resist/block being sent into the mirror world? These pics are super old but what if he used his spinning hammer to block being hit?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Really here in a more modern showing makes it more questionable….it also makes me question the idea that he'd be too disorient if he was sent there.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309: MM's blasts aren't one tiny concentrated beam, its several that make one large wave, I don't believe that Thor could just block it with his hammer.

No Caption Provided

As for disorienting, I think it'd still have quite the toll on him. Flash, whose gone in and out of the Speed Force & through the fabric of Space & Time still had a hard time dealing with Mirror World travel his first couple of times.

Anyways, Thor has no counter for being turned into glass if Mirror Master goes into the Mirror World and then pokes his hand out of Thor's shiny helmet with gun in hand and shoots him.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@thetruebarryallen: Isn't MM glass gun counted as matter manipulation?If so,Thor had resist matter manipulation/reality warping from Glory.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@homicidalmaniac: Everywhere I've read it's 'reality warping'.

Anyways, the gun isn't required for MM to take a majority of wins here, if he summons the Mirror World version of Thor then Thor will be fighting his equal & Mirror Master at the same time.

If Thor gets stuck in the Mirror World then MM can destroy the pocket dimension which would kill him, I don't know how fast Thor can escape other dimensions but I'm quite sure it's not instantaneous.

Also, are you sure Glory had the powers of reality warping & molecule/matter manipulation? I'm looking at his page here on Comicvine & I don't see it listed anywhere in his long list of abilities.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Evan

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Experio

@thetruebarryallen: Mirror Master had those problems when he went inside, but Thor is no mortal, he doesnt get sick nor can suffer from any illness and disorientation so Thor should be able to escape straight away but thats 'if' his trapped in the world. Now, the hammer should be fast enough to get to Mirror master before he tries lifting his mirror, or Thor could use his winds to lift Mirror master of his feet and send him swirling using the very Air around him, or call down lightning with the element of surprise.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio:

Explain to me how Thor is "immune to disorientation" because he's not a mortal?

All Mirror Master has to do is BFR Thor and then break the Mirror, it's an instant kill no matter who you are, in terms of Thor's combat speed I don't think HE'S going to be quick enough to get to MM before MM can BFR him, especially since MM's armor hypnotizes those around them, and the fact that MM can easily create duplicates of himself to confuse Thor long enough to trap him in the Mirror World.

Yes, I know that Thor can travel through dimensions with his Hammer, however if Mirror Master destroys the pocket dimension that he traps Thor in then Thor should be down for the count.

No Caption Provided

Captain Cold explains it quite well here, you destroy the Mirror & you kill anyone trapped inside.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@thetruebarryallen: Mirror Master had those problems when he went inside, but Thor is no mortal, he doesnt get sick nor can suffer from any illness and disorientation so Thor should be able to escape straight away but thats 'if' his trapped in the world. Now, the hammer should be fast enough to get to Mirror master before he tries lifting his mirror, or Thor could use his winds to lift Mirror master of his feet and send him swirling using the very Air around him, or call down lightning with the element of surprise.

Minor correction, Death Seed Sentry disorientated Thor when he flew him many times faster than the speed-of-light. Granted that's very different than getting into a different dimension, something I thought Thor has done on various occasions?

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Bones309

@bones309: MM's blasts aren't one tiny concentrated beam, its several that make one large wave, I don't believe that Thor could just block it with his hammer.

No Caption Provided

As for disorienting, I think it'd still have quite the toll on him. Flash, whose gone in and out of the Speed Force & through the fabric of Space & Time still had a hard time dealing with Mirror World travel his first couple of times.

Anyways, Thor has no counter for being turned into glass if Mirror Master goes into the Mirror World and then pokes his hand out of Thor's shiny helmet with gun in hand and shoots him.

I believe the hammer can block in all directions if need be. Really, I can see a few things being up to the writer here but I don't see MM having any tricks that Loki hasn't been pulling for years.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309: Ah, nice Hammer defenses.

If it comes down to it is it possible for Thor to somehow return his form after being turned into glass? Or Mirror Master could try & kill his reflection, plus I don't think anyone has brought up the counter for the Mirror World Thor that Mirror Master can summon and bring in to fight the physical brawl.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen:

Thor as a God has immunity to any disease, toxins, corrosives, poisoning but to counter asphyxiation, disorientation - it should fit in this category since its a wide illusion, and electrocution requires Mjolnir at hand which he will have in this fight so not really about mortal. And creating duplicates of himself will prove to be a useless tactic, Thor would simply command Mjolnir to attack the real Mirror master the way he did with Mephisto. But the scenario of Thor being trapped in the mirror world in not inevitable unless Mirror master is faster which is not the case. Thor can throw Mjolnir faster than Light and moves in Micro-second. So the hammer should knock Mirror master out before lifting his arm, the only counter is if Mirror master is faster than Thor which is nothing I've noticed in his appearances.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio: Mjolnir is incredibly fast, though Thor would have to command it to attack, in that time Mirror Master would already be armed and ready to BFR Thor.

This guy fights Flash, fastest man alive, if he didn't have some sort of amazing reaction time & reflexes then he'd never be able to combat him.

Also, someone disproved your claim that Thor is immune to disorientation earlier.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Experio

@green_skaar: Thanks mate, should have taken that instance into account, but diorientation is nonetheless a wide illusion do with the mind so Thor should be fine as long as he has Mjolnir. Now I dont know if the Mirror world in the only dimension that causes disorientation when you go in there for the first ever time. Cause I dont remember others gaining disorientation when put in there. The situations for different characters are inconsistent but I'll go with it

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio: Mjolnir is incredibly fast, though Thor would have to command it to attack, in that time Mirror Master would already be armed and ready to BFR Thor.

This guy fights Flash, fastest man alive, if he didn't have some sort of amazing reaction time & reflexes then he'd never be able to combat him.

Also, someone disproved your claim that Thor is immune to disorientation earlier.

1. You assume Mirror master to move faster than thought?

2. I dont doubt him to be fast, but he has to have shown above micro-second to prove he would trap Thor in the mirror world before getting knocked by Mjolnir

3. Disorientation = Wide Illusion - Something Mjolnir can counter. His encounters with Loki should be a great example.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

1. You assume Mirror master to move faster than thought?

2. I dont doubt him to be fast, but he has to have shown above micro-second to prove he would trap Thor in the mirror world before getting knocked by Mjolnir

3. Disorientation = Wide Illusion - Something Mjolnir can counter. His encounters with Loki should be a great example.

1. No, I don't think he moves faster than thought, but I don't think a Morals On Thor is going to run in moving faster than Thor swinging his hammer at FTL speeds directly into Mirror Master, bloodlusted Thor I could see doing that, Morals on? No.

2. Wouldn't Thor have to figure out who he's even targeting and then command Mjolnir to attack it as he swings it to move himself at incredible speeds? I think MM is given enough time here.

3. Disorientation: Loss of one's sense of direction, position, or relationship with one's surroundings.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen:

1. Thor doesnt have to swing the hammer for it to go faster than light, his objective will be not to allow Mirror master to attack first. Here's a morals on Thor throwing Mjolnir at his own brother ftl.

No Caption Provided

2. The hammer has the sense not Thor, so he wont know but Mjolnir will. Thats why the hammer will obey Thor as if it were living and simultaneously attack. There is no swinging involve unless Thor is defending or traveling long distance which is not the case here. Mirror master has no time.

3. Similar definition but same conclusion, Thor has traveled through dimensions naturaly so there wont be any lost of direction here. But this whole subject is still a 'if' in which you havent proven how Mirror master would even get Thor into the dimension.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@thetruebarryallen:

1. Thor doesnt have to swing the hammer for it to go faster than light, his objective will be not to allow Mirror master to attack first. Here's a morals on Thor throwing Mjolnir at his own brother ftl.

No Caption Provided

2. The hammer has the sense not Thor, so he wont know but Mjolnir will. Thats why the hammer will obey Thor as if it were living and simultaneously attack. There is no swinging involve unless Thor is defending or traveling long distance which is not the case here. Mirror master has no time.

3. Similar definition but same conclusion, Thor has traveled through dimensions naturaly so there wont be any lost of direction here. But this whole subject is still a 'if' in which you havent proven how Mirror master would even get Thor into the dimension.

1. He still had to throw the Hammer. The hammer can move FTL, Thor's arm can't.

2. Wouldn't Thor still have to command Mjolnir to attack, it wouldn't just see Mirror Master and fly towards him at FTL speeds would it?

3. So has Flash when he travels through the Speed Force, he even had trouble going through the Mirror World & explained that it was the worst headpain he's ever experienced. It's not that dimension travel in general causes pain & disorientation, it's that the Mirror World does.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

McCulloch wins

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Experio

@thetruebarryallen:

1. Which is why I past stated Thor arm moves in a micro-second

No Caption Provided

2. Thor commanding Mjolnir is faster than Mirror master to the point his already caught. It wouldnt have to go ftl to tag Mirror master.

3. Having trouble, and having trouble to do nothing are two different things. Nonetheless, Thor wont be trapped in the Mirror world in the first place.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio: Eh, I'm not buying it but if you say so.

I don't think Thor would resort to that as his first attack when he doesn't even know MM's powerset or his capabilities, other viners seem to be under the impression that MM would win anyways.

I'm under the belief that MM would be able to BFR & Kill before Thor could KO and you're under the belief that Thor would deal a killing blow within the first microseconds of the battle without registering who his target is.

Opinions will be opinions!

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still believe Mirror Master would win. He's fought both Barry and Wally, so he must be really used to speedsters, so Thor's speed will canceled out. And Thor's hammer is not FTL. FTL = Faster than light. The scan posted above was stated to be as fast as light (plus, the scan was from the 70s, so why the heck are we using that? It's a bit cheap, knowing how older comics can say whatever they want to make the character look good. Hell, Captain Marvel (DC) was said to move faster than light to get the the Rock of Eternity, but once again, it is stated once and never mentioned again... so just a "statement"... no comics now do that anymore unless it is consistently said).

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't Thor fog every mirrored object with a thought?

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Experio

@thetruebarryallen:

1. Its a claim that I have backed up.

2. There's no reason for Thor to conveniently let Mirror master try anything since their about to battle, in his mind his evil so he will put him down.

3. The difference is, my scenario is true while yours is false, Thor target is obviously Mirror master and the idea to put him down not kill him since its morals.

I respect the opinions, but those specific opinions have to equal fact.

Thor wins.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@thetruebarryallen:

1. Its a claim that I have backed up.

2. There's no reason for Thor to conveniently let Mirror master try anything since their about to battle, in his mind his evil so he will put him down.

3. The difference is, my scenario is true while yours is false, Thor target is obviously Mirror master and the idea to put him down not kill him since its morals.

I respect the opinions, but those specific opinions have to equal fact.

1. It's a claim you've been backing up with some pretty old looking comics, what time period are they from? Most fights use CURRENT versions of the character and while Thor hasn't changed all that much I feel as if he isn't performing those sorts of feats on a regular basis.

2. Yes, he is evil, but is Thor's first resort to go and Thor his hammer at them to remove their head from their shoulders? Plus he doesn't even know if he's 'evil' he just knows they're going to fight.

3. Mirror Master is willing to kill with Morals on, the only people he won't kill are Women, Children, and The Flash.

Thor has no counters for Mirror Masters attacks, he can't resist being hit by his weaponry & being turned into glass, or being turned inside out. He'd be stuck in a stalemate against his Mirror World version since it would be an entity equal to Thor in terms of powers & physical abilities. Mirror Master can kill Thor's reflection, he can blind him by appearing inside of his eyes, he can BFR him into the Mirror World & destroy the pocket dimension that he's stuck in.

Yes, I know Thor can travel through Dimensions but it isn't an instantaneous reaction, and MM could easily break the Mirror before Thor gets out, even if Thor get's halfway out he'd be telefragged in a sense.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Experio

@thetruebarryallen:

1. The pic I provided contained a pure indication on how fast the hammer is moving and thats why I chose that one. I can easily show Thor throwing the hammer but then you wouldn't know how fast its going would you?

2. Thor has also used lightning as fist strike, he has also started with wind, heat blast etc. The tactic he starts with is not for you to decide unless Thor used one technique in all his appearances. Has Thor started with a hammer throw before? Yes, so its relevant for him to do so here and thats the strategy I'm using here. If you have a problem with it cause you cant counter, then by all means concede and stop trying to disregard it with inefficient reasons.

3.I've already countered that by simply proving Thor to be faster, Mirror cant trap Thor if his already knocked out by Mjolnir, now it your turn to make a comeback which is yet to be seen.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@thetruebarryallen:

1. The pic I provided contained a pure indication on how fast the hammer is moving and thats why I chose that one. I can easily show Thor throwing the hammer but then you wouldn't know how fast its going would you?

2. Thor has also used lightning as fist strike, he has also started with wind, heat blast etc. The tactic he starts with is not for you to decide unless Thor used one technique in all his appearances. Has Thor started with a hammer throw before? Yes, so its relevant for him to do so here and thats the strategy I'm using here. If you have a problem with it cause you cant counter, then by all means concede and stop trying to disregard it with inefficient reasons.

3.I've already countered that by simply proving Thor to be faster, Mirror cant trap Thor if his already knocked out by Mjolnir, now it your turn to make a comeback which is yet to be seen.

1. You used a picture that said the Hammer was moving as swiftly as light while you claimed that it moved FTL.

2. Alright, Thor throws the hammer, Mirror Master BFR's it. Now what?

3. I've already explained that MM has incredible reaction times, by the time that it takes Thor to locate his target & send his hammer after Mirror Master he will be long gone, into the Mirror World. This gives MM the chance to attack Thor with all the things I've listed throughout this fight. Mirror Master dislikes working in the real world, his first reaction is generally to always escape into the Mirror World, something he can do long before Thor registers Mirror Master is there & attacks him.

Sorry you don't like my reasons bud.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MM

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen:

1. Yes, Cause Thor can throw it faster than light but that was an example of him throwing it that fast. Do you want proof it can go faster?

2. How?

3. So your suggestion is Mirror master trapping Thor before Mjolnir can be thrown, I stated Thor to throw Mjolnir and knock out Mirror master before trying anything. But not once in all your comments have you proven Mirror master to have faster reaction then Thor's micro-second. If you prove his faster, then I will gratefully accept your scenario and we can move on wards.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio: Thor's reaction speed is not micro-second.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't thor's more recent showings have him at street level speeds?Mirror Master has to deal with Flash so I see MM winning

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: Dealing with Flash is one thing, but knowing how fast their moving is far more important.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio: By Thor's own admission, Wolverine is faster than he is.

Thor barely had time to think before Logan slashed him.

DedrabbiT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DedrabbiT

My man MM has this.