Thor vs. Martian Manhunter (read OP first)

• 101 results
Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Clark_EL

Thor vs Martian Manhunter in a fist fight?

Only physical strength. So MM can't give the illusion to Thor making him think he will lose, or growing four arms with shape shifting, nothing like that. That being said who wins.

They are going all out nothing held back.

Fight to KO or death if necessary.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Bo88gdan

Thor would win

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Clark_EL

@Bo88gdan: Thanks for the post...would it be close though.

Avatar image for henryarguelles5
henryarguelles5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By henryarguelles5

Thor, no contest.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Stronger

Martian Manhunter ftw

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By tomlikesfries

Thor would take it assuming MM can't use his powers.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dondave

Martian Manhunter

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

I've always hated battles that amped or depowered a side, if you have to go through that much trouble to make it a fair fight then really.

That being said I don't believe Thor has any good combat speed feats or MM has any good hand to hand feats in general.But I'll give it to MM considering Thor's fight with Wolverine.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By XiiX

@Stronger said:

Martian Manhunter ftw

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By evilvegeta74

Thor!

nvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nvr

Thor would win with all powers. Really now. Martian Manhunter has lip service about his power but DC says even Wonder Woman is more powerful than MM.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Silver2467

J'onn only has hearsay to the credit of his powers? Ignoring that false premise, if you want to dispute its validity, it would seem prudent to develop a better refutation than, "People say that MM is strong, but other people say that MM is weak." Seriously now, how can you undermine lip service with lip service, if hearsay, by the initial premise, is unreliable? Now, setting aside the contradiction, J'onn has defeated Wonder Woman before in the Ghosts of Mars arc in New Earth continuity and, apparently, fought her and the rest of the JLA in New-52 continuity (though my ability to comment on that is limited since I refuse to read New-52 material); so the suggestion of Wonder Woman surpassing him in power lacks evidential criterium (especially since DC's alleged opinion on her superiority was never provided with a source). 

Since I lack the information to remark on current Manhunter's powers, I will reference the various feats of NE Manhunter's powers to verify this "lip service": 

• possessing strength sufficient to lift Antares into space, throw Headman's ship at him, help compress an airliner into a ball then easily carry it, carry a colossal glacier (or some other type of ice slab) to Mars, fight physically with Captain Marvel, fight physically with Demon, fight physically with White Martians, fight physically with Superman, fight physically with Triumph, etc.
  • possessing speed sufficient to fly six hundred lightyears in an undetermined amount of time, fly to Mars within a few panels, fly to the sun from Mars within a few panels, catch bullets, fly in the path of bullets, blitz seven White Martians beacons around the world virtually simultaneously, engage in combat fast enough to produce afterimages in a close quarter fight with Superman who also exhibited his own combat speed, etc.
  • possessing durability sufficient to withstand a blast from Big Barda's Mega Rod, withstand a blast that destroyed the JL watchtower with him inside it, withstand White Martians' psionic blasts, withstand blows from Despero, withstand blows from Captain Marvel, withstand blows from Superman, withstand blows from Martians, withstand blows from Triumph, withstand blows from Demon, etc.
  • possessing superhuman senses sufficient to see through walls, scan minuscule text inside a closed file cabinet from across a room, perceive Wonder Woman fighting Primaid above earth's orbit, hear/see a cloaked villain that Wonder Woman was unable to sense, etc.
  • possessing healing sufficient to regrow his body from a severed arm within which he transferred a facsimile of his consciousness, reconstitute his body from diminutive smears of body tissue, survive with his head severed, regenerate any organ in his body at will, reassimilate his body after being torn into varying portions, etc.
  • possessing super breath sufficient to exhale a gust of wind that extinguished a town fire and inhale a room full of lethal gases
  • possessing shape shifting sufficient to amplify his density to that of a diamond, form multiple functioning bodies of himself attached to one another, grow to the size of skyscrapers, alter his chemical composition, break his body into several minute fragments, coat himself in sheddable armor, restructure his brain to be as insane as the Joker, create phosphorescent lights in his body, shrink to the size of an arrow, shrink to microscopic size with John Stewart's help in stabilizing him, accumulate external mass into his body, move his organs to different locations in his body, etc.
  • possessing intangibility sufficient to phase through energy attacks, phase through freezing beams, phase through explosions, hurt opponents by solidifying his mass around their limbs/solidifying his limbs into their bodies, remove a piece of shrapnel from a person's skull with surgical precision, etc.
  • possessing invisibility sufficient to render others invisible with him
  • possessing heat vision sufficient to collapse skyscrapers, destroy helicopters, devastate mansions, harm Superman, tear a weakened Fernus apart on a molecular level, harm Asmodel's servants, etc.
  • possessing telepathy sufficient to probe the minds of everyone on earth repeatedly, telepathically locate then communicate with Flash in another dimension, mind control the Joker to render him temporarily sane,  project the collected consciousnesses of the population of earth into D'Kay's mind while on Mars, casually defeat Malefic in telepathic combat, casually separate Bette Noir from her psychic resources, project a psycho-combat transmission through Aquaman into Starro, wreck Gorilla Grodd along with the rest of the Secret Society of Super Villains with illusions, put White Martians into comas, mind control more than one White Martian simultaneously, bypass mental restraints from Fernus to regain control over the astral plane, break Lex Luthor out of Mageddon's mind control, give an entire team of super villains seizures, put the JLA to sleep, mind control the JLA when his powers were used by Malefic, keeping Vishnu asleep, shoot psionic blasts powerful enough to harm White Martians, protect Batman from Mageddon's telepathic/empathetic influence, protect the whole JLA from Doctor Destiny's sleep inducement, resist mental probing from En'tarans, resist the combined telepathic powers of groups of White Martians, resist Aquaman's telepathy, remotely download information out of computers, operate ships telepathically, feel emotions, track psychic sources, formulate psionic energy constructions of memories, summon psionic nets, hold telepathic conversations within eyeblinks, transmit information between minds, shut off pain receptors, implant mental suggestions, cause mental trauma, shut off minds, release telepathic screams, etc.

I think he has a bit more for his merits than lip service, and from what I gather, the Martian in the current continuity has been rather impressive as well.
comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By comicace3

@Silver2467: Damn

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sethlol

Going MM.

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jobbernos

@Stronger said:

Martian Manhunter ftw

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Malevolent1

Main difference is the speed differential. Thor just can't keep up with J'onn. Not gonna happen.

Martian Manhunter for the win.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Clark_EL

@SHARKBEARAGATOR: I'm just trying to see in a physical fight with only strength and fighting skill who would win. I'm not trying to depower anyone.

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

@Clark_EL: I geuss but I always feel a character should be used to their full potential in a fight as in most comics they usually use all of their powers.

Avatar image for hoarderofhilarity
Hoarderofhilarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with MM due to speed and regen

@SHARKBEARAGATOR:

I get your point however it is a good way of gauging different power levels especially considering we are using these two Swiss army knives, so it's nice to see consideration of the Martians strength which is oft overlooked.

inchiso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By inchiso

@Clark_EL said:

MM can't give the illusion to Thor making him think he will lose, or growing four arms with shape shifting, nothing like that.

WTF

Whats next? Batman who cant think vs hulk max power

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#22  Edited By TheCannon

Good battle. Manhunter usually kills him, though it's just physical strength now.

I'm not sure the exact level of MM's strength, though I'm pretty sure it's around Superman's level. Thor is also around that level it not stronger, so it's even. Overall, I have to give it to Thor. I believe he is stronger, plus from what I've seen, MM isn't that good in hand to hand.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Clark_EL

@inchiso: I'm not saying this would happen in comics or anything. I'm trying to see who is a better hand to hand fighter seeing as both have the strength and skill but never use it because of their wide array of powers. I thought since they are at similar strength levels who would win. They are quite powerful with all their powers but without we never see a lot of feats. Thor has brawled with hulk without his hammer and has done well. Martian Manhunter is about Superman or Wonder Woman level.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#24  Edited By Lvenger

Everything @Silver2467: sums up why MM wins. Yet again.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By GodDamnIronMan
utkanflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 280

#26  Edited By utkanflash

MM stomp this.. and @Silver2467 said:

J'onn only has hearsay to the credit of his powers? Ignoring that false premise, if you want to dispute its validity, it would seem prudent to develop a better refutation than, "People say that MM is strong, but other people say that MM is weak." Seriously now, how can you undermine lip service with lip service, if hearsay, by the initial premise, is unreliable? Now, setting aside the contradiction, J'onn has defeated Wonder Woman before in the Ghosts of Mars arc in New Earth continuity and, apparently, fought her and the rest of the JLA in New-52 continuity (though my ability to comment on that is limited since I refuse to read New-52 material); so the suggestion of Wonder Woman surpassing him in power lacks evidential criterium (especially since DC's alleged opinion on her superiority was never provided with a source).

Since I lack the information to remark on current Manhunter's powers, I will reference the various feats of NE Manhunter's powers to verify this "lip service":
  • possessing strength sufficient to lift Antares into space, throw Headman's ship at him, help compress an airliner into a ball then easily carry it, carry a colossal glacier (or some other type of ice slab) to Mars, fight physically with Captain Marvel, fight physically with Demon, fight physically with White Martians, fight physically with Superman, fight physically with Triumph, etc.
  • possessing speed sufficient to fly six hundred lightyears in an undetermined amount of time, fly to Mars within a few panels, fly to the sun from Mars within a few panels, catch bullets, fly in the path of bullets, blitz seven White Martians beacons around the world virtually simultaneously, engage in combat fast enough to produce afterimages in a close quarter fight with Superman who also exhibited his own combat speed, etc.
  • possessing durability sufficient to withstand a blast from Big Barda's Mega Rod, withstand a blast that destroyed the JL watchtower with him inside it, withstand White Martians' psionic blasts, withstand blows from Despero, withstand blows from Captain Marvel, withstand blows from Superman, withstand blows from Martians, withstand blows from Triumph, withstand blows from Demon, etc.
  • possessing superhuman senses sufficient to see through walls, scan minuscule text inside a closed file cabinet from across a room, perceive Wonder Woman fighting Primaid above earth's orbit, hear/see a cloaked villain that Wonder Woman was unable to sense, etc.
  • possessing healing sufficient to regrow his body from a severed arm within which he transferred a facsimile of his consciousness, reconstitute his body from diminutive smears of body tissue, survive with his head severed, regenerate any organ in his body at will, reassimilate his body after being torn into varying portions, etc.
  • possessing super breath sufficient to exhale a gust of wind that extinguished a town fire and inhale a room full of lethal gases
  • possessing shape shifting sufficient to amplify his density to that of a diamond, form multiple functioning bodies of himself attached to one another, grow to the size of skyscrapers, alter his chemical composition, break his body into several minute fragments, coat himself in sheddable armor, restructure his brain to be as insane as the Joker, create phosphorescent lights in his body, shrink to the size of an arrow, shrink to microscopic size with John Stewart's help in stabilizing him, accumulate external mass into his body, move his organs to different locations in his body, etc.
  • possessing intangibility sufficient to phase through energy attacks, phase through freezing beams, phase through explosions, hurt opponents by solidifying his mass around their limbs/solidifying his limbs into their bodies, remove a piece of shrapnel from a person's skull with surgical precision, etc.
  • possessing heat vision sufficient to collapse skyscrapers, destroy helicopters, devastate mansions, harm Superman, tear a weakened Fernus apart on a molecular level, harm Asmodel's servants, etc.
  • possessing telepathy sufficient to probe the minds of everyone on earth repeatedly, telepathically locate then communicate with Flash in another dimension, mind control the Joker to render him temporarily sane, project the collected consciousnesses of the population of earth into D'Kay's mind while on Mars, casually defeat Malefic in telepathic combat, casually separate Bette Noir from her psychic resources, project a psycho-combat transmission through Aquaman into Starro, wreck Gorilla Grodd along with the rest of the Secret Society of Super Villains with illusions, put White Martians into comas, mind control more than one White Martian simultaneously, bypass mental restraints from Fernus to regain control over the astral plane, break Lex Luthor out of Mageddon's mind control, give an entire team of super villains seizures, put the JLA to sleep, mind control the JLA when his powers were used by Malefic, keeping Vishnu asleep, shoot psionic blasts powerful enough to harm White Martians, protect Batman from Mageddon's telepathic/empathetic influence, protect the whole JLA from Doctor Destiny's sleep inducement, resist mental probing from En'tarans, resist the combined telepathic powers of groups of White Martians, resist Aquaman's telepathy, remotely download information out of computers, operate ships telepathically, feel emotions, track psychic sources, formulate psionic energy constructions of memories, summon psionic nets, hold telepathic conversations within eyeblinks, transmit information between minds, shut off pain receptors, implant mental suggestions, cause mental trauma, shut off minds, release telepathic screams, etc.
I think he has a bit more for his merits than lip service, and from what I gather, the Martian in the current continuity has been rather impressive as well.

this

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Clark_EL

@Silver2467: Thor is tough though just saying... Why don't you read the new 52?

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sideslash

Got to go with MMH.

Avatar image for supermanwins465
SupermanWins465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SupermanWins465

Manhunter lacks panel'd feats and this is a hand 2 hand fight. Thor takes this due to panel'd feats and not just the teary opinions of manhunter fanboys.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By 202122

Thor he's a norse warrior what you think he's just going to swing punches

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Esquire

@SupermanWins465: Wait, what? J'onn has been around about as long as Thor, and he's got all sorts of great feats. Even if you're talking New 52 Martian Manhunter, he has plenty of great feats there too. Thor has feats as well, but not only are they feats without any combat speed to speak of, he has few if any on the Martian's level.

SupermanWins465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SupermanWins465
@Esquire: I kindly disagree 

Punching galactus and it actually hurting him
 Punching galactus and it actually hurting him
 Defeating 4 cosmic beings     
 Defeating 4 cosmic beings     
      Rips a whole in space/time to teleport
      Rips a whole in space/time to teleport
 Escapes a black hole from point of inertia 
 Escapes a black hole from point of inertia 

No Caption Provided
 Redirects an attack from 10,000 pantheon being with almost no energy left
 Redirects an attack from 10,000 pantheon being with almost no energy left
Thor killing sentry.  Sentry canon stalemated galactus
Thor killing sentry.  Sentry canon stalemated galactus
 reaction time feat
 reaction time feat
Demonstrating ability to manipulate energy 
Demonstrating ability to manipulate energy 
 Faster than light 
 Faster than light 
I find martian manhunter to be a very overrated topic for discussion here on the vine. A lot of his defenders will blindly defend him posting assured victory over his opponents whilst providing almost 0 panel'd feats. 

It is of my conclusion that based canon and feats that thor takes this win. 
SupermanWins465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SupermanWins465
@utkanflash said:

MM stomp this.. and @Silver2467 said:

J'onn only has hearsay to the credit of his powers? Ignoring that false premise, if you want to dispute its validity, it would seem prudent to develop a better refutation than, "People say that MM is strong, but other people say that MM is weak." Seriously now, how can you undermine lip service with lip service, if hearsay, by the initial premise, is unreliable? Now, setting aside the contradiction, J'onn has defeated Wonder Woman before in the Ghosts of Mars arc in New Earth continuity and, apparently, fought her and the rest of the JLA in New-52 continuity (though my ability to comment on that is limited since I refuse to read New-52 material); so the suggestion of Wonder Woman surpassing him in power lacks evidential criterium (especially since DC's alleged opinion on her superiority was never provided with a source).

• possessing telepathy sufficient to probe the minds of everyone on earth repeatedly, telepathically locate then communicate with Flash in another dimension, mind control the Joker to render him temporarily sane, project the collected consciousnesses of the population of earth into D'Kay's mind while on Mars, casually defeat Malefic in telepathic combat, casually separate Bette Noir from her psychic resources, project a psycho-combat transmission through Aquaman into Starro, wreck Gorilla Grodd along with the rest of the Secret Society of Super Villains with illusions, put White Martians into comas, mind control more than one White Martian simultaneously, bypass mental restraints from Fernus to regain control over the astral plane, break Lex Luthor out of Mageddon's mind control, give an entire team of super villains seizures, put the JLA to sleep, mind control the JLA when his powers were used by Malefic, keeping Vishnu asleep, shoot psionic blasts powerful enough to harm White Martians, protect Batman from Mageddon's telepathic/empathetic influence, protect the whole JLA from Doctor Destiny's sleep inducement, resist mental probing from En'tarans, resist the combined telepathic powers of groups of White Martians, resist Aquaman's telepathy, remotely download information out of computers, operate ships telepathically, feel emotions, track psychic sources, formulate psionic energy constructions of memories, summon psionic nets, hold telepathic conversations within eyeblinks, transmit information between minds, shut off pain receptors, implant mental suggestions, cause mental trauma, shut off minds, release telepathic screams, etc.

this

See now this is a good example of my prior argument. Anyone can write up a check list then claim it to canon. 

Please provide the panel'd feats for all of these powers? I see maybe 3 of the list that I could right now provide panels for. the rest however is nothing more than theory-crafting.
Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Esquire

Does Thor get Mjolnir here?

@SupermanWins465: First of all, every single one of those feats relied on Mjolnir. In a contest of physical strength, I would imagine both combatants would be unarmed. Second, most of those feats don't have anything to do with physical strength.

Punching Galactus? I can't remember which arc that particular instance this one was in, but I'm remembering it as Galactus not actually being hurt at all by the attack. He's shrugged off Thor's attacks before, and attacks from people a lot more powerful than the Odinson.

4 Cosmic Beings? That's an energy attack, not strength at all. It also requires Mjolnir.

Teleport? Again, it needs Mjolnir and it isn't strength.

Escaping the black hole and traveling faster than light are both Mjolnir feats, not Thor's own power, and he doesn't have any reflex or combat speed showings to compare with the travel speed his hammer grants him.

Redirecting the attack is another Mjolnir energy feat. It doesn't matter here.

Thor killing Void is a good showing, but didn't he have the Odin Force at that point? And Sentry fighting Galactus was mentioned once by Spider-Man, which doesn't make it canon, and should be obscenely out of Sentry's actual power-level based on feats.

Vs Quicksilver isn't a reaction time feat. He hits the ground and uses an area of effect attack to knock Quicksilver off his feet, while QS is standing still. It doesn't require any sort of superhuman reaction speed.

The energy absorbtion would only help against Martian Vision, which J'onn can't use here anyway because it's only physical strength.

As for Martian Strength Feats, how are these?

J'onn tanks shots Superman, Big Barda, Wonder Woman and Orion in succession and then domintes Wonder Woman, Orion and Big Barda at the same time. And Aquaman is there, too.

He's gone toe-to-toe with Captain Marvel, too.

Man could slowly take control of the entire planet to put the feat into perspective. Managing to take control of Dr. Fate requires considerable psychic power as well.

Or how about J'onn vs a bloodlusted Flash? He has the speed and durability to keep things pretty even.

So in conclusion, most of Thor's good feats require his hammer, and J'onn massively outclasses him in speed. In addition, he has the durability to tank Superman level punches without slowing down, and the strength to manhandle multiple powerhouses at the same time.

Nightflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Nightflash

Martian Manhunter is on par with superman in durability, strength, speed and reflexes which are better than Thor. However Thor is more skilled at combat but I'd say he still looses.

SupermanWins465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SupermanWins465
@Esquire: Thank you for the structured reply. 

I think however the speed feats with flash was more so WIS than anything else. 

I still believe thor has demonstrated better alround feats even with the hammer as his use. So to me I believe my previous post still stands. 

Thor takes this win.
Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Clark_EL

@Esquire: No purely hand to hand

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Esquire

@SupermanWins465 said:

I think however the speed feats with flash was more so WIS than anything else.

Why? It's not really out of Manhunter's usual capabilities. He's traveled "too many lightyears to count" in a short amount of time, which means he can go well faster than light. He's moved faster than thought with ease, and he blitzed multiple white martians in towers on all seven continents in seconds. This is even more impressive because White Martians are the guys who have enough speed to make Flash sweat, and they couldn't stop J'onn from destroying their bases.

I still believe thor has demonstrated better alround feats even with the hammer as his use. So to me I believe my previous post still stands. Thor takes this win.

In the post below yours, the OP states that Thor doesn't have Mjolnir, which negates most of his feats. With Martian Mahunter being that much faster than Thor and taking into account the fact that he has the sheer strength to fight multiple powerhouses at the same time, I honestly don't see what Thor is going to do. Even if we remove all of the Martian's advantages like shapeshifting, intangibility, telepathy and martian vision, Thor has no answer at all for his speed. The guy has been blitzed by Spider-Man and even Mongoose. He's stated on-panel that Wolverine is faster than he is. Martian Manhunter moves faster than thought without issue, so he can punch Thor to a pulp long before the God of Thunder can even figure out what's happening.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thor

Why? I just don't like MM, that's all.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Clark_EL

@Esquire: The Hammer doesn't make him fast. We don't know the extent of thor's speed. He has pretty good reaction feats listed above. Also he can fly without his hammer right? I always thought so.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Esquire

@Clark_EL said:

@Esquire: The Hammer doesn't make him fast. We don't know the extent of thor's speed. He has pretty good reaction feats listed above. Also he can fly without his hammer right? I always thought so.

Mjolnir is able to travel at 3x the speed of light. Thor is able to fly FTL by throwing the hammer and holding on. He can fly without the hammer, just not at nearly the same speeds. There are no reaction feats listed in this thread, at least not that I've seen. The only one that could be construed as a reaction feat is him using an AoE attack to hit Quicksilver, and that's only a testament to Mjolnir's power, since Quicksilver wasn't even moving at the time. We may not know the extent of Thor's speed, but we can estimate it based off of his feats. Thor has been blitzed by Spider-Man, who repeatedly punched him while Thor was unable to tag Spidey. Mongoose, who was slow enough that he couldn't tag Spider-Man, has done the same thing to Thor twice. Thor has even stated on-panel that Wolverine, a street leveler, is faster than he is. There is really no reason to believe that Thor has faster combat speed than a generic street leveler.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Clark_EL

@Esquire: Well Spiderman's pretty fast I know not Martian level but...

Also technically flying in space you can reach unlimited speeds since you keep going faster and faster.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#43  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Clark_EL said:

Also technically flying in space you can reach unlimited speeds since you keep going faster and faster.

And Wolverine is fast for not a being speedster and even Captain America called Thor slow and both are slower than Spider-Man. Thor isn't on either of their level in combat and as you admitted Spidey not being on Martian level, it doesn't make Thor's chances any better. So there isn't any but to it.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Esquire

@Clark_EL said:

Spidey can run at either 60 or 80 mph, I can't remember which. Martian Manhunter can fly at more than 670 million miles per hour, judging by the FTL feat. Spidey is fast, but his speed is a drop in the ocean compared to J'onn. And Thor is even slower than Spidey.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Clark_EL

@god_spawn: But Thor beat Silver surfer and he's faster than superman.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Clark_EL: Surfer didn't use his speed.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Clark_EL

@god_spawn: And Martian Manhunter would in a fist fight?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Clark_EL: Cause he does so on a far more consistent basis than Surfer does.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Clark_EL

@god_spawn: But Speed is like surfers main thing I disagree.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Clark_EL: No it isn't....

Surfer has a few great speed showings here and there but he used none against Thor and multiple showings have shown Thor to be slow. There isn't anything to argue about it.