• 134 results
Avatar image for maxwell_lord_the_fourth
Maxwell Lord the fourth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@isaac_clarke:Hmmm...Before that ? Really ?Seems like I should go back reread my issues then because I was sure it was the other way around.I thought he went to repair Mjolnir and thus sacrified the"Thorforce"after that...
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By isaac_clarke

@Maxwell Lord the fourth said:

@isaac_clarke:Hmmm...Before that ? Really ?Seems like I should go back reread my issues then because I was sure it was the other way around.

Yep, Thor 605 is the Doom Destroyer fight. 601 is when he had to patch up Mjolnir.

@isaac_clarke:Hmmm...Before that ? Really ?Seems like I should go back reread my issues then because I was sure it was the other way around.I thought he went to repair Mjolnir and thus sacrified the"Thorforce"after that...

The Doom Destroyer, being significantly weaker than the actual Destroyer despite claims of superiority, would have had a significantly more difficult time holding up against Thorforce Thor.

Maxwell Lord the fourth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaac_clarke: ...You are right about the fight;in retrospect it seems rather obvious;Well now I knwo what I am rereading next;after I am done with the Reign arc I am gonna reread the JMS/Gillen stuff.
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By isaac_clarke

@isaac_clarke: ...You are right about the fight;in retrospect it seems rather obvious;Well now I knwo what I am rereading next;after I am done with the Reign arc I am gonna reread the JMS/Gillen stuff.

Can't go wrong with JMS's run, at least if you don't mind ignoring a few things it sort of side stepped from Ragnarok.

Maxwell Lord the fourth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I remember the most about all that period is how Bendis trashed all JMS had taken so much time to build with his Siege nonsense...That point was the beginning of my drifting away from marvel.And Fear Itself it's end;since thanks to it I am now down to only three marvel titles.

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#106  Edited By Lance Uppercut

@isaac_clarke: Amped Thing beat Ross because Ross was afraid of losing his ability to turn in to a human. Had he used his abilities to absorb energy, it's implied heavily that the tide of battle would have changed dramatically. I'd actually say that Angrir did more damage to Rulk than Thor ever did. Abom having trouble with Ares was silly considering A-Bom massively outclasses Ares in every way.

I'm not talking about Magneto using shielding, I'm talking about him just straight up causing that hammer to drop to the ground. Which he is in fact more than capable of. How's he going to beat Magneto with his bare hands if Magneto is up in the air and Thor can't get to his hammer, while Doom is working something up against him? Crimson bands of Cyttorak coupled with Magneto's powers to restrain him/crush him, summoning the mindless ones to fight Thor, or just straight up converting Thor fro Asgardian to energy for Doom to use as power. No one is underrating the plot hammer. People are just underrating everyone elses ability to actually DEAL with the plot hammer. Hell. Magneto's done it before.

When he was bullrushed, wasn't he wearing some sort of quasi-mystical space armor? I doubt it was needed for space faring, since he's more than capable of that on his own, and it didn't seem to add any speed whatsoever. It's more than plausible that it increased his durability, considering the thrashings we've seen Surfer dish out to other analogues of Thor, more specifically, Beta Ray Bill who he trounced rather soundly and maintains a level of Thor's equal. And considering it's still metal that can be manipulated, uru armor = uru piercing weapon almost immediately, driven home with more force than an average Asgardian could hope to produce.

He was only hit by Nul a few times and then completely spent. This "mauling" you're talking about? I'm confused as to when he ever really WTFpwned Nul in the manner you're talking about. He hit him a few times, sure. But he never held any sort of advantage. Apparently he needed all that light show in order to do so to Nul. You're belief in it isn't really a requirement, but Hulk had additional items added to his powerset at that point. It took more of a toll on Thor than it did on Nul any day anyhow.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By RoyalDivinity

With morals on, Thor will have quite some trouble against these guys. However it's to be noted that Dooms magic won't be even a nuisance to Thor as nothing within Dooms ability to utilize sorcerery suggests even the slightest implication that it will harm Thor. Magneto's electromagnetic powers? Sure it'll cause some trouble but not enough to cause Thor significant injuries to favor the battle into Dooms and Mags. Thor's resilience towards miscellaneous attacks is too much for Doom and Magneto to overcome. His of stated miscellaneous feats include going into the sun unharmed despite the amount of gravitation pressure it emits, the heat, and the amount of kelvin produced by it. Magneto cannot tear a character in half that's within Thors tier nor manipulate his molecuies. If someone of Voids capabilities, Surfers, Odin, Mephisto within his own realm, and Galactus has never done so, what makes anyone think that Magneto, an earthbound character can? It's obvious the stated characters I've just listed has something in common and liaison to Magneto, they can utilize miscellaneous attacks but more ardently by far yet why hasn't these stated characters ever done so? It's because they can't. Thor's a magical god that's a hybrid of Odin and Gaia. It's obvious he's packing quite the resilience to withstand these attacfks. Feats and scans also back up what I've just stated. Nothing's going to stop Thor from trapping Magneto and Dr. Doom within a glass ball that he's done to Hyperion, from spamming nonstop lightning to bypass the forcefields, and from simply smashing them with his hammer.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Lance Uppercut

@PunkMastaFlex said:

With morals on, Thor will have quite some trouble against these guys. However it's to be noted that Dooms magic won't be even a nuisance to Thor as nothing within Dooms ability to utilize sorcerery suggests even the slightest implication that it will harm Thor. Magneto's electromagnetic powers? Sure it'll cause some trouble but not enough to cause Thor significant injuries to favor the battle into Dooms and Mags. Thor's resilience towards miscellaneous attacks is too much for Doom and Magneto to overcome. His of stated miscellaneous feats include going into the sun unharmed despite the amount of gravitation pressure it emits, the heat, and the amount of kelvin produced by it. Magneto cannot tear a character in half that's within Thors tier nor manipulate his molecuies. If someone of Voids capabilities, Surfers, Odin, Mephisto within his own realm, and Galactus has never done so, what makes anyone think that Magneto, an earthbound character can? It's obvious the stated characters I've just listed has something in common and liaison to Magneto, they can utilize miscellaneous attacks but more ardently by far yet why hasn't these stated characters ever done so? It's because they can't. Thor's a magical god that's a hybrid of Odin and Gaia. It's obvious he's packing quite the resilience to withstand these attacfks. Feats and scans also back up what I've just stated. Nothing's going to stop Thor from trapping Magneto and Dr. Doom within a glass ball that he's done to Hyperion, from spamming nonstop lightning to bypass the forcefields, and from simply smashing them with his hammer.

I'm confused as to what makes you think Dooms sorcery would have little to no effect on Thor considering other sorcerers have had incredible success, when you're looking at people like the Enchantress etc.

I'm also confused as to why you think that just because Surfer, Void, Odin, and Galactus have never just straight up manipulated his molecules and torn him apart by the atom, you assume they can't.

He can spam lightning all he wants. Lightning only Empowers magneto, and Doom can absorb it. I've given several methods with which they can stop his hammer already. They're all rather plausible, and completely possible.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By isaac_clarke

@Lance Uppercut said:

@isaac_clarke: Amped Thing beat Ross because Ross was afraid of losing his ability to turn in to a human. Had he used his abilities to absorb energy, it's implied heavily that the tide of battle would have changed dramatically. I'd actually say that Angrir did more damage to Rulk than Thor ever did. Abom having trouble with Ares was silly considering A-Bom massively outclasses Ares in every way.

I get MODOK gave Rulk his Leobforce ability to punk-out Watchers and apparently would have helped him out against Angrir immensely, I really do; but that doesn't have anything to do with the concept of Rulk physically being unable to match Angrir in any shape or form physically, while Thor that sends him down with a toss from Mjolnir and after tanking a hit to the back from Nul, simply call his hammer towards him to pound a hole through Angrir. The best shot Rulk had at Angrir was when he charged him from behind and it didn't do a damn thing to him.

Angrir vs Rulk:

Thor vs Rulk:

Thor vs Angrir:

Now I get that Rulk wasn't really fighting back till later, but even when he did, Thor came out without a scratch, Rulk with a purple eye and bleeding from his mouth and nose. If that fight continued or if Thor was remotely serious about killing him, he would have, without much trouble. All Thor wanted to do here was get a little revenge for what Leob did to him, as did the Watcher.

I'm not talking about Magneto using shielding, I'm talking about him just straight up causing that hammer to drop to the ground. Which he is in fact more than capable of. How's he going to beat Magneto with his bare hands if Magneto is up in the air and Thor can't get to his hammer, while Doom is working something up against him? Crimson bands of Cyttorak coupled with Magneto's powers to restrain him/crush him, summoning the mindless ones to fight Thor, or just straight up converting Thor fro Asgardian to energy for Doom to use as power. No one is underrating the plot hammer. People are just underrating everyone elses ability to actually DEAL with the plot hammer. Hell. Magneto's done it before.

Again what exactly stops Thor from summoning his hammer to his hands? He's done so against Zeus, the Destroyer and heck a Black Hole. And this is assuming he even tosses it and doesn't immediately go to bullrush and clobber Magneto down. I just don't see how he can so easily over power said enchantment to remove his hammer from Thor. As for how Thor can reach him, jumping. Those legs hold up to tests of strength with the Hulk on a regular basis and hurt every much as his fist, it stands to reason he could just as easily leap into the air and pound away at his foe. The Crimson Bands of Cyttorak have been broken by the Hulk, Captain Britain and heck Namor. I'd mention Nova too, but she built up energy for it. The Bands would be nothing more than a temporary inconvenience, just as whatever force Magneto attempts to use to 'crush' Thor, that armor will not prevent him from moving and easily at that given his durability showings. Since when has Doom converted any Asgardians out right into energy? To power his Doom Destroyer he had to cut off their limbs and hook their torsos into machines to siphon power off them. To jump start it using Thor's lightning required one of his Doombots to be blown to bits as a lightning rod. What has Magneto done to deal with said hammer outside running from it and dropping it down on the ground decades ago in a fight he was still running from or in his avenger's fight sending Thor flying with it? Another time he outright let Thor clobber his shield(mind you while affected by Hela's curse) boasting about it's power.

When he was bullrushed, wasn't he wearing some sort of quasi-mystical space armor? I doubt it was needed for space faring, since he's more than capable of that on his own, and it didn't seem to add any speed whatsoever. It's more than plausible that it increased his durability, considering the thrashings we've seen Surfer dish out to other analogues of Thor, more specifically, Beta Ray Bill who he trounced rather soundly and maintains a level of Thor's equal. And considering it's still metal that can be manipulated, uru armor = uru piercing weapon almost immediately, driven home with more force than an average Asgardian could hope to produce.

Thor was wearing an armor; supposedly the same armor the rest of the Asgardians were packing that didn't help much against those random spectres Galactus summoned / spawned; much less Thor, who was still feeling hits from the Surfer's board.

But I figure unless those armors have plot comfy cushions to absorb that kind of a pounding from Earth's orbit to Mars, it would still probably be a pain in the !@#. Great durability feat for the armor I guess, not so much for the piece of gooey flesh that remains. The Surfer would have beaten him senseless with or without the armor, Fraction was giving a wounded Thor much more love than what was deserved with Norrin. The Surfer fires about 2 shots in 3 issues, exchanging Mjolnir strikes with board strikes and then verbally assaulting one another every other page. In his fight with Bill, he got nicked in the back of the kneck by Norrin and then a follow-up of fists to the face brought him down till the Skuttlebutt came to his rescue. I doubt his chain mail's piercing power will anything Thor hasn't tanked a million times before. And I say this partly because his hair seems even more durable than it is.

It will go down long before Thor ever will and it isn't even that thick to boot. So if he can sport that in much worse gravity related conditions and out last is easily, I figure he isn't in too much danger from Magneto crushing him in it.

He was only hit by Nul a few times and then completely spent. This "mauling" you're talking about? I'm confused as to when he ever really WTFpwned Nul in the manner you're talking about. He hit him a few times, sure. But he never held any sort of advantage. Apparently he needed all that light show in order to do so to Nul. You're belief in it isn't really a requirement, but Hulk had additional items added to his powerset at that point. It took more of a toll on Thor than it did on Nul any day anyhow.

The mauling I'm referring to was Thor striking him multiple times, mid air, through buildings and into orbit, all while Nul couldn't do a damn thing to him in the process.

Despite Thor's ridiculous dialogue, likely referring to Marvel's status quo of the Hulk and Thor fights never end with a definitive winner "To be continued Banner", he was dominating that fight. And it started out as two on one to boot.

All while apparently sporting that wound from Mighty Thor apparently:

No Caption Provided

And given he's saying "Surely it will not be the death of me." I'm thinking it will play some role outside making Thor pass out from knocking Nul into orbit. Probably in that much prophesied death against the Serpent.

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Lance Uppercut

@isaac_clarke said:

@Lance Uppercut said:

I get MODOK gave Rulk his Leobforce ability to punk-out Watchers and apparently would have helped him out against Angrir immensely, I really do; but that doesn't have anything to do with the concept of Rulk physically being unable to match Angrir in any shape or form physically, while Thor that sends him down with a toss from Mjolnir and after tanking a hit to the back from Nul, simply call his hammer towards him to pound a hole through Angrir. The best shot Rulk had at Angrir was when he charged him from behind and it didn't do a damn thing to him.

Angrir vs Rulk:

Thor vs Rulk:

Thor vs Angrir:

Now I get that Rulk wasn't really fighting back till later, but even when he did, Thor came out without a scratch, Rulk with a purple eye and bleeding from his mouth and nose. If that fight continued or if Thor was remotely serious about killing him, he would have, without much trouble. All Thor wanted to do here was get a little revenge for what Leob did to him, as did the Watcher.

Again what exactly stops Thor from summoning his hammer to his hands? He's done so against Zeus, the Destroyer and heck a Black Hole. And this is assuming he even tosses it and doesn't immediately go to bullrush and clobber Magneto down. I just don't see how he can so easily over power said enchantment to remove his hammer from Thor. As for how Thor can reach him, jumping. Those legs hold up to tests of strength with the Hulk on a regular basis and hurt every much as his fist, it stands to reason he could just as easily leap into the air and pound away at his foe. The Crimson Bands of Cyttorak have been broken by the Hulk, Captain Britain and heck Namor. I'd mention Nova too, but she built up energy for it. The Bands would be nothing more than a temporary inconvenience, just as whatever force Magneto attempts to use to 'crush' Thor, that armor will not prevent him from moving and easily at that given his durability showings. Since when has Doom converted any Asgardians out right into energy? To power his Doom Destroyer he had to cut off their limbs and hook their torsos into machines to siphon power off them. To jump start it using Thor's lightning required one of his Doombots to be blown to bits as a lightning rod. What has Magneto done to deal with said hammer outside running from it and dropping it down on the ground decades ago in a fight he was still running from or in his avenger's fight sending Thor flying with it? Another time he outright let Thor clobber his shield(mind you while affected by Hela's curse) boasting about it's power.

Thor was wearing an armor; supposedly the same armor the rest of the Asgardians were packing that didn't help much against those random spectres Galactus summoned / spawned; much less Thor, who was still feeling hits from the Surfer's board.

But I figure unless those armors have plot comfy cushions to absorb that kind of a pounding from Earth's orbit to Mars, it would still probably be a pain in the !@#. Great durability feat for the armor I guess, not so much for the piece of gooey flesh that remains. The Surfer would have beaten him senseless with or without the armor, Fraction was giving a wounded Thor much more love than what was deserved with Norrin. The Surfer fires about 2 shots in 3 issues, exchanging Mjolnir strikes with board strikes and then verbally assaulting one another every other page. In his fight with Bill, he got nicked in the back of the kneck by Norrin and then a follow-up of fists to the face brought him down till the Skuttlebutt came to his rescue. I doubt his chain mail's piercing power will anything Thor hasn't tanked a million times before. And I say this partly because his hair seems even more durable than it is.

It will go down long before Thor ever will and it isn't even that thick to boot. So if he can sport that in much worse gravity related conditions and out last is easily, I figure he isn't in too much danger from Magneto crushing him in it.

The mauling I'm referring to was Thor striking him multiple times, mid air, through buildings and into orbit, all while Nul couldn't do a damn thing to him in the process.

Despite Thor's ridiculous dialogue, likely referring to Marvel's status quo of the Hulk and Thor fights never end with a definitive winner "To be continued Banner", he was dominating that fight. And it started out as two on one to boot.

All while apparently sporting that wound from Mighty Thor apparently:

No Caption Provided

And given he's saying "Surely it will not be the death of me." I'm thinking it will play some role outside making Thor pass out from knocking Nul into orbit. Probably in that much prophesied death against the Serpent.

Sure, it says a lot to Ross not beating Angrir. It removed one of his cheif abilities that would have given him an advantage and increased his power. Whereas Angrir The instance you showed of Rulk fighting Thor didn't have Ross mounting ANY offense, and he STILL came out looking better than he did against Angrir. So either Fraction needed an out and just decided to throw away everything Angrir had done so far and opt for Thor and his hammer (despite Thing having his own) or it was just bad writing. And that's STILL underrating Ross. And considering at the time, he thought he'd lost the ability to absorb foes energy, it once again robbed him of a valuable resource.

I would imagine getting stabbed by your own armor would pretty much keep him from summoning anything. He turned Nightmare's corporeal form in to energy rather effortlessly. An Asgardian should be no different, really. The reason he needed lightning to start the Doomstroyer was because he needed a piece of the Odinforce. And until that battery was cut off, he was beating Thor effortlessly. See? We agree Magneto can just drop it to the ground :)

Thor's hair is invulnerable to harm. Those blond locks will remain long after Thor is a corpse.

Except, y'know, the several times Nul had hit him already. Seemed to be enough to fell the mighty Thunder God. In fact, he seemed more weary than Nul even before the battle had ended. Where the other two had less consecutive strikes. It says a lot about the force of those blows.

Eh, right there he said the wound doesn't inconvenience him and that it doesn't particularly hurt.

The_VoteMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By The_VoteMan

Thor gets my vote. If they aint no thunder, they ain't be no rain.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By isaac_clarke

@Lance Uppercut said:

Sure, it says a lot to Ross not beating Angrir. It removed one of his cheif abilities that would have given him an advantage and increased his power. Whereas Angrir The instance you showed of Rulk fighting Thor didn't have Ross mounting ANY offense, and he STILL came out looking better than he did against Angrir. So either Fraction needed an out and just decided to throw away everything Angrir had done so far and opt for Thor and his hammer (despite Thing having his own) or it was just bad writing. And that's STILL underrating Ross. And considering at the time, he thought he'd lost the ability to absorb foes energy, it once again robbed him of a valuable resource.

Ross would have potentially won if he tapped into Leobforce to rob Angrir of his own power, I get that. But Rulk without tapping into that ability doesn't even seem to really be on Thor's radar. He did mount an offense, but that was later after Thor had pounded him. And in this showing, Thor just wanted to beat on Ross. If he had wanted to kill him, Galactus' holograms wouldn't have stopped him. The fact he heard Steve to stop fighting him, further grinds home that point, that he and the Watcher were pissed at Ross. Plus Mjolnir doesn't have any sharp pointy spikes on it. As far as I remember, Angrir's only decent showing was beating on Rulk, outside that it was less than stellar so there wasn't much for Fraction to sweep under the rug. Not sure how the Angrir's hammer would have helped, it is much weaker than Mjolnir as it was. <Mjolnir > rest of the Worthy's doppelganger hammers, when writers want that hammer to do something on the spot, it does. It's just as bad as the power cosmic in that regard.>

I would imagine getting stabbed by your own armor would pretty much keep him from summoning anything. He turned Nightmare's corporeal form in to energy rather effortlessly. An Asgardian should be no different, really. The reason he needed lightning to start the Doomstroyer was because he needed a piece of the Odinforce. And until that battery was cut off, he was beating Thor effortlessly. See? We agree Magneto can just drop it to the ground :)

It normally would, since we wear armor for protection and said armor is more durable than we are(most of the time at least, I'd imagine there are a few exceptions), Thor on the other hand wears that stuff because he thinks it looks cool. He could very well tear his own cloths on and fight in the buff without a problem, if anything distracting his opponents for easier wins. It doesn't actually give him any durability. I'd get it if he was actually wearing something more durable than he was, but it's like striking a less durable sword to a shield. But if Magneto is in such a hurry for Thor to undress, let the Thunder God oblige him!

Thor called the energies inside the Asgardians the "Odinforce" to Doom, which apparently is interchangeable with Thor's lightning bolts. Stilla tough sell to say Thor fires Odinforce at people with his thunder. Regardless I haven't read the issue with Voodoo, where Nightmare becomes "True Matter" and apparently Doom sucks him up like a slurpy and amps himself up again. It's just I don't often see Doom zapping people into apparently what appears to be living energy and consuming them as power for his suit, it seems like it would have made the Asgardians a cake walk to handle / slurpy up for his Destroyer. Although I can't exactly argue Thor's immune to matter manipulation because he was fused into a side walk by Shadow Cat and had to unfuse himself with Mjolnir. Although I'd imagine if Doom fired some sort of energy blast at him, he'd actually bother to defend himself with a twirl of Mjolnir, rather than Nightmare that just stood there. If Doom can actually regularly turn people into energy, even Thor (which despite select showing, is tough to buy when he's doing that whacky stuff in Astonishing Thor because he is such a damn plot device himself) he could potentially put down Thor. Thor plot godly - hood powers might save the day?

Or maybe convince Doom to change his ways?

Who knows? Okay then, Thor would calls it back to smash away. :P

Thor's hair is invulnerable to harm. Those blond locks will remain long after Thor is a corpse.

Well that is true, he's been into the stars and back without burning a single hair. The guy must use the executioner's ax to even get a clean shave every morning.

Except, y'know, the several times Nul had hit him already. Seemed to be enough to fell the mighty Thunder God. In fact, he seemed more weary than Nul even before the battle had ended. Where the other two had less consecutive strikes. It says a lot about the force of those blows.

I counted two, perhaps three at the most. Unless your talking about a different tie in, he gets smacked into the ground, then knocked away by another strike that seemingly caused and explosion and damages his helmet. Angrir didn't get a single shot on him, so his blows didn't contribute to much of anything. But I won't downgrade the power of a possibly, incredibly, amped Hulk since before Mighty Thor 6 I ran under the notion that Nul must have hit him pretty damn hard to make him pass out right after their duel and require him to go to Asgard to be healed.

Eh, right there he said the wound doesn't inconvenience him and that it doesn't particularly hurt.

He lied: He's spending the entire arc sweating as he grasped the wound in visible pain, Sif worried about it and even the Surfer completely stopped fighting to question him about it. It won't heal, its getting worse and it hurts.

You don't honestly think you can have a gash across your chest, bleeding rainbows and be just fine right? He may be Thor, but even he has his limits. He even finds time to grow a beard and it's still there in this arc.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@Lance Uppercut: I think Issac posted it all.

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Lance Uppercut

@PunkMastaFlex: Thanks for reminding me about this thread haha

@isaac_clarke: He's not far off from Thor's strength class in the first place. The hologram of Galactus would have distracted him no matter what his mindset. Galactus > Rulk as a threat any time any place. It's obvious the Watcher and Thor were pissed at him, and with good reason. He was a dick for the first two years of his existence. And Thor was legitimately pissed. The point however, is that Doom has fought and taken blows from things well within Thor's strength class before. Even if he manages to hit him more than once, it's not really going to matter when he can just utter a few words and repair himself, etc.

Most of those photos show him damaged just along with the armor BTW. It's getting damaged as he is.

So he's not really immune, he can just reverse it with his hammer. However, that's going to be hard as he'll lack the arms to lift the hammer and use it if Thor was indeed mixed in to an oreo shake. I may be going too far with this Asgardian slurpee analogy.

If I were bleeding rainbows? Yeah, I'd be worried. Thor on the other hand, is a bloody Asgardian God. His durability and fortitude are well, beyond mine at any rate. However there's also no sign of it whatsoever in Fear Itself, and if it was, it really wasn't inconveniencing him all that much if he could go straight to battle with the god damn Silver Surfer and remain on his feet. Though once again, it may be contributed to the armor.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By isaac_clarke

@Lance Uppercut said:

"@isaac_clarke: He's not far off from Thor's strength class in the first place. The hologram of Galactus would have distracted him no matter what his mindset. Galactus > Rulk as a threat any time any place. It's obvious the Watcher and Thor were pissed at him, and with good reason. He was a dick for the first two years of his existence. And Thor was legitimately pissed. The point however, is that Doom has fought and taken blows from things well within Thor's strength class before. Even if he manages to hit him more than once, it's not really going to matter when he can just utter a few words and repair himself, etc."

Ross is going to need some better showings for me to buy that(Not that thunder clapping tornadoes isn't cool) and when I say that I mean un-amped of course; most of the Worthy are supposed to be Thor or Thor+(which thus far, is complete hogwash for all of them except apparently Nul and Kuurth) yet if Angrir is that much stronger than Rulk and if Rulk himself doesn't hold up too well in actually fight with the Thunder God himself, not sure they are really in the same ballpark strength wise, without Thor holding back at least. But I could be wrong, I'm not the most knowledgeable Rulk fan here. Ross hasn't always been one of the nicest guys out there. Current Thor seems to be able to cleave just fine through his armor(And he is certainly strong enough to do so), just as Tony's apparently, when not holding back(Or I guess when I mention Iron Man's case, just being able to tap that suit to damage it). I mean if the Sentry can do it, without being enhanced by the Void, can't see Thor having too much trouble with it. Unless your talking shields, Doom has very nice shields. The thing is, while Doom can rebuild his armor or heck even his castle with some whacky magic, if Thor smashes through that armor and has him by the neck this fight is pretty much other.

Strangest thing about current Thor is he really doesn't have much of a problem with killing folks these days, even best buddies apparently.

"Most of those photos show him damaged just along with the armor BTW. It's getting damaged as he is."

Yeah he takes damage, even KOed, but what doesn't even break his skin, yet tears through that armor like wet tissue paper, it's tough to see it suddenly restrain him(as I doubt Magneto could exert and force he hasn't casually walked around with before considering the guy can fight in the heart of the sun) much less break his skin.

"So he's not really immune, he can just reverse it with his hammer. However, that's going to be hard as he'll lack the arms to lift the hammer and use it if Thor was indeed mixed in to an oreo shake. I may be going too far with this Asgardian slurpee analogy."

As far as I know, nope. Not knowledgeable on Thor to the degree to remember him outright resisting someone playing with his molecules, just a few failure of spells or various odd gadgets to even affect him. I'm sure to some degree he could use Mjolnir to defend himself though. Why is Thor turning into a delicious oreo shake?

"If I were bleeding rainbows? Yeah, I'd be worried. Thor on the other hand, is a bloody Asgardian God. His durability and fortitude are well, beyond mine at any rate. However there's also no sign of it whatsoever in Fear Itself, and if it was, it really wasn't inconveniencing him all that much if he could go straight to battle with the god damn Silver Surfer and remain on his feet. Though once again, it may be contributed to the armor."

Silver Surfer wasn't doing much outside verbally assaulting Thor, sure there was some smashing into Mars and multiple board hits; but he spent most of the time talking during what was supposed to be their "fight". If I had to take a guess, probably because Fraction couldn't really justify Thor holding his own against Norrin with a gash across his chest. Could, could not I remember Buckshot arguing about it using the example of armored Majestic and Normal Majestic. Albeit if that armor is aiding Thor, I doubt it cushioned the bullrush by much if at all.

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Lance Uppercut

@isaac_clarke: I'd disagree on most of it being hogwash. Attuma or whatever the hell he's going by now was massively impressive. Even healed a completely melted arm. And Absorbing Man was literally absorbing other peoples powersets. That's what he told Ant-Man anyway, and Creel was already an impressive Thor enemy. Now he knows how to use the power AND he's got a hammer. Eh, Thor's fight with Extremis Iron Man was pretty much JMS's wet dream. Considering Thor downed Tony with a lightning strike... despite Tony being able to absorb lightning from Thor in previous battles (I believe Doom can also absorb lightning, as can Magneto, so that's a cool coincidence :P) And the current suit is supposed to be relatively superior to previous models. Though I could be misreading the post as Rulks armor, in which case it was still another instance where he wasn't fighting back. He was trying to help them, not harm them, but Tony and Thor didn't see it that way at first.

That's why it's not just Magneto applying force. The bands of cyttorak have also managed to restrain folks like Galactus and other cosmic blokes. I believe it depends on the will of the user at the time, so if they're distracted it's less effective.

I'd more equate the fight with Surfer as Surfer not really giving a damn about Thor.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#117  Edited By Saren

@Lance Uppercut said:

@isaac_clarke: I'd disagree on most of it being hogwash. Attuma or whatever the hell he's going by now was massively impressive. Even healed a completely melted arm. And Absorbing Man was literally absorbing other peoples powersets. That's what he told Ant-Man anyway, and Creel was already an impressive Thor enemy. Now he knows how to use the power AND he's got a hammer. Eh, Thor's fight with Extremis Iron Man was pretty much JMS's wet dream. Considering Thor downed Tony with a lightning strike... despite Tony being able to absorb lightning from Thor in previous battles (I believe Doom can also absorb lightning, as can Magneto, so that's a cool coincidence :P) And the current suit is supposed to be relatively superior to previous models. Though I could be misreading the post as Rulks armor, in which case it was still another instance where he wasn't fighting back. He was trying to help them, not harm them, but Tony and Thor didn't see it that way at first.

That's why it's not just Magneto applying force. The bands of cyttorak have also managed to restrain folks like Galactus and other cosmic blokes. I believe it depends on the will of the user at the time, so if they're distracted it's less effective.

I'd more equate the fight with Surfer as Surfer not really giving a damn about Thor.

Nerkkod, breaker of oceans. Stupid name.

The Surfer-Thor fight was such BS, almost as much as the Odin-Galactus fight.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By isaac_clarke

@Lance Uppercut said:

Until I see some of the Worthy actually living up to the hype of actually being on Thor's level, rather than absorbing power sets or impressive regeneration showings, it's a tough sell. I think Thorforce Thor could have done a lot worse to Tony than just knock him around, but anyways I was talking about this showing with Extremis:

No Caption Provided

Which apparently just tapping Mjolnir on Tony's suit can chip it. Albeit Thor's lightning is a wee bit special, but Tony has absorbed Terrax's blasts before so can't argue with that. Even if just getting smacked by a bit of it even in Bleeding Edge was causing him a lot of pain and he was fully ready for it too. No I was talking about Tony's armor, Rulk I can't remember ever wearing anything like armor in anything I've seen him in.

The Crimson Bands of Cyttorak if I recall just stopped Galactus' ship and it was directly from Cyttorak himself, not someone just evoking his power like Doom or Strange have to use said bindings; which are much weaker than his, otherwise not every brick worth a damn like Namor wouldn't be breaking free of it. Considering they largely were squaring off at one another, Norrin did care about Thor since outside Odin he was the only one capable of really doing anything. The problem was Fraction had his pacifist aura turned up to the extreme to make him talk rather than fight and even outright stop to ask Thor what's up with that bleeding rainbows he's been packing. The fight between him and Thor was this in a nutshell:

No Caption Provided

There is a difference about not giving a damn about him and personally going out of your way to spend most of the issues exchanging insults rather than fighting. Sure I love watching the bickering, but some cosmic blasts and whacking of Mjolnir would have been slightly preferred over board / mjolnir exchanges / insults.

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Lance Bastro

since magneto has a very long range of attack. doom could teleport magneto someplace far and while doom is fighting thor, magneto is supporting doom from miles away. 

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By NerdsFTW

Thor easily.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Magethor

Thor usually struggles desperately to fight Magneto, and wins with luck and PIS. Adding Doom to this equation makes curbstomp in favor for the team.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Ah, good memories.

militaryMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Avatar image for alberto_weskardo
Alberto_Weskardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone pull out the scan when a doombot incapacitates Thor.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

thor wrecks

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor. Doom would need prep to have a chance against thor, and thor handles magneto as he has done in the past. Doom beats magneto due to magic, which thor has plenty of.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Noone301994

Thor wins.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Thor breaks every bone in Doom and Magneto's body

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

thor wrecks

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the team has a great shot at winning.

gingerpenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_slim_: Tuff fight but idk if Thor could handle a tag team of Doom and Magneto, they win

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

As much as I like Thor, Magneto/Doom likely take the majority

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor easily.

Magneto can't do anything to him and Doom's magic ins't strong enough to take out Thor.

Hulk_Like_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers