• 120 results
#1 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor has been striped of his powers, so must rely on his natural strength as seen midway through the Thor film.

Both Thor and Leonidas are fully bloodlusted, as Thor believes Leonidas is attacking Asgard and Leonidas believes Thor is attacking Sparta.

Thor has his battle armour (minus magical properties) and Mjolnir (minus magical properties).

Leonidas has his battle armour, a spear, a sword and a shield.

The fight occurs in an open desert.

Neither of them have prep time.

Both of them can rely on their years of battle experience.

Battle to the death.

#2 Posted by NEEK_03 (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont know if their is enough feats for thor w/out powers. he was shown to be pretty strong thought still, throwing male nurses and doctors around easily. he also took down a lot of swat agents. but it think king leo takes it. but if it were the comic thor. he would take it.

#3 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5470 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor all the way.

#4 Posted by BigCimmerian (8839 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins

#5 Posted by Nefarious (22898 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor one-shots him.

#6 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

warriors 3 would come and help thor...(just like in the movie), and stomp all over leonidas... SPITE

#7 Edited by hyiena (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

Leonidas spears him the head.

#8 Edited by isaac_clarke (5479 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor without his powers hangs with Captain America. Unenchanted Uru is likely still a tougher substance than what Leonidas is sporting.

So overall Thor is going to mop the floor with him, really badly. Not to knock a fellow Spartan, it's just Thor's still ridiculous. Even movie Thor can apparently mop the floor with some of the most well trained personnel on the planet solo and requires six or people just to restrain him.

Maybe if Leonidas uses his slowmo powers he might do a bit better.

@hyiena said:

Leonidas spears him the head.

Like he did Zerksis right? Thor was dealing with armed individuals without his powers, spears aren't going to do much.

#9 Posted by hyiena (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor was just as strong as a person his size and build should be it is still a warhammer up against a sword, shield, and spear Leonidas should take this.

#10 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Uru solos

#11 Posted by TheHeat (455 posts) - - Show Bio
@isaac_clarke said:

Thor without his powers hangs with Captain America. Unenchanted Uru is likely still a tougher substance than what Leonidas is sporting.

So overall Thor is going to mop the floor with him, really badly. Not to knock a fellow Spartan, it's just Thor's still ridiculous. Even movie Thor can apparently mop the floor with some of the most well trained personnel on the planet solo and requires six or people just to restrain him.

Maybe if Leonidas uses his slowmo powers he might do a bit better.

Haha!
#12 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@troller:

That was not his natural strength. His natural strength is what we saw when the curse was lifted from him.

#13 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke: Doen't Leonidas display better feats, like taking on the entire Persian army with only 300 men, not just beat some guards.

P.S. I am not being biased, I am just saying that the feats argument doesn't work for Thor when you compare it to what Leonidas has done.

Also, surely Thor would have relied on his powers during most of his battles, so would be unaccustomed to a battle like this.

#14 Edited by isaac_clarke (5479 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyiena said:

Thor was just as strong as a person his size and build should be it is still a warhammer up against a sword, shield, and spear Leonidas should take this.

Here is the thing:

• His overall armor and weapon are still very likely much more durable, to the point it makes body shots likely not at all a danger. Thor carved an Uru hammer out of his fingers to swing around and fight one before.
  • His actual physical stats, while depowered, were capable of keeping up with Captain America. Fighting people armed with guns and such, even saying Roger's life after a stray bullet had him on the ground. Thor is simply physically Leonida's superior without his godlike power.

@troller said:

@isaac_clarke: Doen't Leonidas display better feats, like taking on the entire Persian army with only 300 men, not just beat some guards.

P.S. I am not being biased, I am just saying that the feats argument doesn't work for Thor when you compare it to what Leonidas has done.

Also, surely Thor would have relied on his powers during most of his battles, so would be unaccustomed to a battle like this.

He didn't take on the entire Persian army, he just took down wave after wave of them. When they didn't have that choke point, the Spartans all died for a reason.

He's going to maul Leonidas in a one on one fight.

#15 Posted by NEEK_03 (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

This is movie thor so allt he feats u guys are claiming are pointless....lol i agree comic thor>leo

but movie version not so much.

#16 Posted by hyiena (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke: It says

It says depowered like in the film so isn't this the film version of Thor?

#17 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyiena: only when he is depowered in the film and just has regular human strength, else it might be a biiiiiiiiiiiit unfair.

#18 Posted by hyiena (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's the movie version is comic feats don't count.

#19 Posted by isaac_clarke (5479 posts) - - Show Bio

@NEEK_03 said:

This is movie thor so allt he feats u guys are claiming are pointless....lol i agree comic thor>leo

but movie version not so much.

I missed that part in the OP.

Without his hammer or armor, while powerless:

• He basically clears through what Phil describes as the most well trained personnel on the planet. The only one actually posing some trouble was a very large, scary man between him and his hammer. Thor ends up knocking him out, after physically over powering him. Remove Leonidas' sword and shield, he probably would have a much harder time with his build. Leonidas shows next to no hand to hand ability, despite if I recall Spartans being big on wrestling back in the day.
  • He clears through a horde of shield agents and makes it to his hammer.

While in the hospital:

• It takes roughly 4-5 grown men to restrain him. Prior to that, he was casually knocking people around like ragdolls. This was a confused and disoriented Thor.
  • My argument stands for the gear, even more so because nothing about Thor's gear is explained to be enchanted, with the exception of his hammer's abilities. It held up to the energy attacks from Grungier that was capable out outright vaporizing Frost Giants, even Loki's attempts to piece him with it weren't entirely effective. His hammer itself could block, or more precisely knock the Destroyer's beams clear out of it's way, which again, makes it much more durable than Leonidas' spear.

Leonidas will have a difficult time cutting anything that isn't Thor's face or hands, his armor without a doubt will not get damage from Leonidas attempts to penetrate it.

#20 Posted by isaac_clarke (5479 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyiena said:

If it's the movie version is comic feats don't count.

Certainly don't, but Leonidas would have a great deal of difficulty without his weapons pulling off what Thor does in the film too.

#21 Posted by HolySerpent (12806 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn isaac is a faaannnboy! Leonidas takes it

#22 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke: I said that Thors' armour had magical abilities removed, now it is just like plain metal armour

#23 Posted by isaac_clarke (5479 posts) - - Show Bio

@troller said:

@isaac_clarke: I said that Thors' armour had magical abilities removed, now it is just like plain metal armour

Nothing about the armor was said to be magical. All we know it is a light weight, but very durable, armor that covers him to head to toe.

"Plain metal armor" doesn't tell me anything.

#24 Edited by isaac_clarke (5479 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

Nice argument. Instead of going the "faaannnboy!" route, poke holes in the argument itself.

Without his hammer or armor, while powerless:
  • He basically clears through what Phil describes as the most well trained personnel on the planet. The only one actually posing some trouble was a very large, scary man between him and his hammer. Thor ends up knocking him out, after physically over powering him. Remove Leonidas' sword and shield, he probably would have a much harder time with his build. Leonidas shows next to no hand to hand ability, despite if I recall Spartans being big on wrestling back in the day.
  • He clears through a horde of shield agents and makes it to his hammer.
While in the hospital:
  • It takes roughly 4-5 grown men to restrain him. Prior to that, he was casually knocking people around like ragdolls. This was a confused and disoriented Thor.
  • My argument stands for the gear, even more so because nothing about Thor's gear is explained to be enchanted, with the exception of his hammer's abilities. It held up to the energy attacks from Grungier that was capable out outright vaporizing Frost Giants, even Loki's attempts to piece him with it weren't entirely effective. His hammer itself could block, or more precisely knock the Destroyer's beams clear out of it's way, which again, makes it much more durable than Leonidas' spear.
Leonidas will have a difficult time cutting anything that isn't Thor's face or hands, his armor without a doubt will not get damage from Leonidas attempts to penetrate it.

But I don't expect much from someone whose arguments all consist of "Marvel ________ character loses, jeez!". This will be my only reply to your trolling until you post a half decent argument.

#25 Edited by hyiena (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

Any normal person going nuts and all out it would take several people to hold down especially someone there size(both Thor and Leonidas are big). The guards were told to use nonlethal means to stop him I think can't realy remember so they probably underestimated what they were up against. And I think Thor had a close fight with just the one large guard he fought with.

All shield agents should probably be special trained but none of them ever does anything worth wild in the films.

#26 Posted by _Psy_ (3410 posts) - - Show Bio
@HolySerpent said:
Wow,that's an impressive argument.
Bazinga
#27 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

Thor one-shots him.
#28 Posted by isaac_clarke (5479 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyiena said:

Any normal person going nuts and all out it would take several people to hold down especially someone there size(both Thor and Leonidas are big). The guards were told to use nonlethal means to stop him I think can't realy remember so they probably underestimated what they were up against. And I think Thor had a close fight with just the one large guard he fought with.

All shield agents should probably be special trained but none of them ever does anything worth wild in the films.

While Leonidas had a solid build:

Butler is 6'2 and Hemsworth is 6'4, they are both big guys, but Hemsworth seems to be the more well built / bigger man here.

I don't agree that anyone can suddenly pull a Thor in the same hospital scene if they distraught / nuts. They certainly underestimated Thor, without using guns it was bringing lambs into the slaughter. Give Thor a sword, play slow motion and he could probably pull a Leonidas. When it came to being unarmed, Thor took these folks down, I'm just not sure Leonidas showed the ability to replicate that showing.

#29 Posted by SHAZAM117 (3823 posts) - - Show Bio

The Spartan King ftw!

#30 Posted by isaac_clarke (5479 posts) - - Show Bio

@SHAZAM117 said:

The Spartan King ftw!

Minus Zerksis putting his head on a spike.

#31 Posted by ImmortalOne (3535 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Leonidas have his cliff? If so, it ends within the first minute.

#32 Edited by isaac_clarke (5479 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalOne said:

Does Leonidas have his cliff? If so, it ends within the first minute.

You mean bottomless well/ pit? The cliff required the power of the combined might of Spartans to pull off correctly.

#33 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if Thor was a normal human then Leonidas should win. Thors weapon is more for home repair then battling

#34 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

Who has more experience in the necessities of weapon fighting, does Thor often worry about regular weapons due to his strength

#35 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is stronger?

#36 Edited by MrPuertillo (342 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys missing 3 things.

1st = Thor is unworthy of lifting or using the Mjolnir while in underpowered phase. (Movie)

2nd = Spartan's best weapon it's their shield. Thor doesn't use a shield, thus Thor looses this dramatically. Although at then end his daddy is going to save him.

Spartan with Thor powers > Thor.

Thor without power < Spartan.

#37 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrPuertillo said:

Spartan with Thor powers > Thor.

LOOOOOOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

#38 Posted by MrPuertillo (342 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: You know it's true ?:

#39 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrPuertillo: Id love to know how someone with years, many many years of experience with powers is gonna lose against someone who gets the same powers and doesnt even know how to use them

#40 Posted by _Zombie_ (10448 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor. I don't recall Leonidas showing any significant H2H feats.

@MrPuertillo said:

@Jorgevy: You know it's true ?:

True, but completely irrelevant. The OP has very clearly given Thor Mjolnir, and Leonidas does not have Thor's powers.

#41 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

How's this for battle feats:

#42 Posted by MrPuertillo (342 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot: I can give a baby a 2 meter long Katana, it doesn't mean he will be able to lift it or use it.

Thor has no experience fighting without his powers( Being a demigod).

Spartans government was WAR, they had to kill a slave and not being caught to be a Spartan, they are the master of being sneaky.

Thor is going against the War King of Sparta, the same town that not even the Romans attacked, hell not even Alexander had the guts to attack them.

1on1 Thor is death.

#43 Posted by _Zombie_ (10448 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrPuertillo said:

@ZombieBigfoot: I can give a baby a 2 meter long Katana, it doesn't mean he will be able to lift it or use it.

Thor has no experience fighting without his powers( Being a demigod).

Spartans government was WAR, they had to kill a slave and not being caught to be a Spartan, they are the master of being sneaky.

Thor is going against the War King of Sparta, the same town that not even the Romans attacked, hell not even Alexander had the guts to attack them.

1on1 Thor is death.

So you're ignoring the proof isaac provided, then? The videos clearly show that Thor has skill. And, again, all of Leonidas's significant combat feats happened when he was in combat with his Spartans beside him. In 300, he had very little by way of solo feats. Him being king of Sparta is irrelevant. I could just as easily point out that Thor has been alive for millenia, and thus would have even more combat experience than Leonidas could ever hope to have. But both of those don't play into either of their films, and are not feats, making them unusable.

#44 Posted by MrPuertillo (342 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot: But OP never said Leonidas from 300 silly.

No one of those guards endured the Spartan training, hell not even the Ranger training. And btw a skilled marksman (Hawkeye) could have annihilated him any second.

Thor can resist four babysitters, wow that's going to scare the guy who stood in the way of the Persia war elephants ala Hannibal.

Spartans are considered by thousands of experts the best warrior of their age, hell even in 1on1 they can defeat Ninjas.

The Spartan failed only in two things, 1 create a formation that can sustain heavy artillery, 2 They refused to use coined money. Still they were never conquered. I throw in this facts because the OP ain't talking about the movie, but history.

Hell even a spartan women can beat Thor.

#45 Posted by _Psy_ (3410 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrPuertillo: The OP posted a video from the 300 movie using it as a feat.Therefore,it's the 300 version.
#46 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor has this no question for a list of reasons:

Thor is in his battle armor, while Leonidas is dang near naked.

Thor is almost completely covered head to toe, and Sparta was a bronze age civilization. Which means his bronze weapons will not fair very well at all against Thor's heavy steel armor. His spear will be next to useless, and his gladius should not be able to break Thor's armor. To be honest, I think the spear/sword would fair as better weapons than the warhammer...however, that warhammer will pound through bronze, bone, and leather much faster than bronze will cut through steel. The only real weapon Leonidas has is his shield. But ultimately it doesn't counter the offensive/defensive advantage provided to Thor via his armor and weaponry.

Fighting ability, this goes to Thor. Leonidas displayed excellent one on one feats, as well as team fighting tactics. However, Thor held his own against several armed/unarmed men when infiltrating the military facility with Mjonlir unarmed. Then we have his fighting ability displayed at the beginning of the first Thor movie. Yes he was powered and had a magical weapon, but that doesn't change how well he fought with that weapon, or counter his display in proficiency with it. We also have the hospital scene, which Thor held his own against 3 or 4 security guards, not long after he had been hit by a car and tasered. Not to mention his armed feats against the Hulk.

Unarmed Feats - Thor

Armed Feats - Leonidas (Thor's mostly come from when he is powered)

Weaponry - Thor (Bronze just doesn't win out)

Armor - Thor

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#47 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Punk_: Try demonstrating many Spartan feats without clips from the film?

#48 Posted by MrPuertillo (342 posts) - - Show Bio

And btw the Persia Army used light armor same as Thor.

I just don't see how Thor blunt is going to damage Leonidas.

The spartan has three weapon, Xiphos, Spear and Shield, while Thor doesn't even have a defense weapon.

Also Thor was tired after 3 minutes in 1on1 combat HAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

#49 Posted by _Psy_ (3410 posts) - - Show Bio
@troller: Well you can't use it if your using the historical Leonidas, because the actors who played the Spartans weren't actual Spartans. Your argument is invalid.
#50 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

Your face is invalid, I cannot show actual Spartan feats as they didn't actually have cameras in those times (its hard to understand I know, don't worry)