• 175 results
#101 Posted by TheMightyAvenger (1908 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling: So.....
#102 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheMightyAvenger: So, he'll murder Thor just as easily. His track record is enough proof to think so.
#103 Posted by TheMightyAvenger (1908 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling: Oh ! I get it you are trolling. Sorry didn't get that at first.
#104 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheMightyAvenger: Oh my god, w.e dweeb. IN MY OPINION Kratos would win. There. Better? Or am I no longer entitled to an opinion.
#105 Posted by TheMightyAvenger (1908 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling: Of course you are allowed to have an opinion, but your opinion is wrong, but give ut a shot tell me one thing Kratos did that puts him anywhere near Thor's level.
#106 Posted by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor whups Kratos' ass.

#107 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheMightyAvenger: Survived after gutting himself with the Blade of Olympus? Single-handed he brought the over half of the Olympians (Most importantly Zeus, the Father of Gods & Men & most powerful of Ancient Gods) to their knees before delivering the coup de grace & bringing Olympus to it's end? You know this is easier..... Everything he did in the God of War franchise???? Ancient Greek Gods are far more powerful than Norse Gods. Even though, Marvel has greatly empowered their Norse Gods I still don't believe their as powerful as Greek Gods. (not Marvel Greek Gods) You can be a fanboy. I'm a fan of mythology & comics. I'm a fan of storytelling. Thor, as he stands currently in the Marvel U, would stand a chance. Again, IMO. Heck, a simple use of the Blades of Hades would rip Thor's soul right from his body. The Boots of Hermes are enough to insure Kratos hardly takes any damage. The Head of Helios is enough to blind the God of Thunder. The Nemesis Rage is enough to insure Thor doesn't stand a chance. I don't even have to pull the rest of his arsenal (of GoW:3) into the battle. He wouldn't need them. That good enough oooooor are you still gonna keep trolling?
#108 Posted by Wise Son (1772 posts) - - Show Bio
I'd love to see a crossover. 
#109 Posted by TheMightyAvenger (1908 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling: Allright here goes : 
First I am also a fan of mythology, comics, and games, including GoW, but you can't seriously try to compare the GoW gods to the Marvel gods, i mean what was the greatest feat Zeus ever had, that would probably be defeating all of the Titans with the Blade of Olympus, so what Thor could have done that without even trying, all he had to do was send his hammer straight thrugh their heads, which wouldn't be hard at all with his massively superior strenght, i mean what's Kratos's greatest strenght feat, trowing a big statue off him, Thor has the strenght necessary to overpower and throw away Jormungand aka the Midgard Serpent a being so gigantic it could coil around the earth multiple time and then crush it , he is much faster than Kratos, Kratos can't even move faster than a car, even the Hulk is faster than him, Thor's recorded moving speed is lightning and his reaction speed is arguably much faster than light, his durability is enough for him to shrug off bullets like they are nothing take blasts from people like Silver Surfer and going inside the sun unharmed, Helios head won't even bother Thor he stared into the sun like it was nothing, Nemesis Rage is lightning, lightning can't hurt Thor, Thor survived atempts to mess with his soul before. Anyway one sigle hit from Thor and Kratos is dead. 
So i think my answer to your question is no it's not good enough, and please stop trolling.
#110 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2014 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheMightyAvenger said:
@King Quisling: Allright here goes : First I am also a fan of mythology, comics, and games, including GoW, but you can't seriously try to compare the GoW gods to the Marvel gods, i mean what was the greatest feat Zeus ever had, that would probably be defeating all of the Titans with the Blade of Olympus, so what Thor could have done that without even trying, all he had to do was send his hammer straight thrugh their heads, which wouldn't be hard at all with his massively superior strenght, i mean what's Kratos's greatest strenght feat, trowing a big statue off him, Thor has the strenght necessary to overpower and throw away Jormungand aka the Midgard Serpent a being so gigantic it could coil around the earth multiple time and then crush it , he is much faster than Kratos, Kratos can't even move faster than a car, even the Hulk is faster than him, Thor's recorded moving speed is lightning and his reaction speed is arguably much faster than light, his durability is enough for him to shrug off bullets like they are nothing take blasts from people like Silver Surfer and going inside the sun unharmed, Helios head won't even bother Thor he stared into the sun like it was nothing, Nemesis Rage is lightning, lightning can't hurt Thor, Thor survived atempts to mess with his soul before. Anyway one sigle hit from Thor and Kratos is dead. So i think my answer to your question is no it's not good enough, and please stop trolling.
he defeated cronos who was like thrice as tall as a celestial and has incredible durability and you have to realize that comic story telling and game story telling are two different things ,ex if thor was the player in GOW he'd do the same stuff
moving at light speed making insane feats does not apply at all to games any games
so if kratos existed in the marvel universe or any universe and pulled out that feat
he'll rape thor
but my opinion goes for thor for the win
#111 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheMightyAvenger: You say Toe-May-Toe, I say Toe-Mah-Toe. Kratos isn't even stopped by death. Thor would have to eat his soul. Speaking of souls....notice you didn't mention the Claws of Hades. Would Thor have much will to fight if his very soul/essence is thrown from his body? 

Side Notes: Boots of Hermes aren't slower than a car. Doubt mjolnir to the head would kill the Titans. Nemesis Rage is magic lighting honed by the using the Nemesis Whip. 
why can't you say it'd be a close match but Thor loses/Kratos murders him?
#112 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@higher_evolutionary said:
@TheMightyAvenger said:
@King Quisling: Allright here goes : First I am also a fan of mythology, comics, and games, including GoW, but you can't seriously try to compare the GoW gods to the Marvel gods, i mean what was the greatest feat Zeus ever had, that would probably be defeating all of the Titans with the Blade of Olympus, so what Thor could have done that without even trying, all he had to do was send his hammer straight thrugh their heads, which wouldn't be hard at all with his massively superior strenght, i mean what's Kratos's greatest strenght feat, trowing a big statue off him, Thor has the strenght necessary to overpower and throw away Jormungand aka the Midgard Serpent a being so gigantic it could coil around the earth multiple time and then crush it , he is much faster than Kratos, Kratos can't even move faster than a car, even the Hulk is faster than him, Thor's recorded moving speed is lightning and his reaction speed is arguably much faster than light, his durability is enough for him to shrug off bullets like they are nothing take blasts from people like Silver Surfer and going inside the sun unharmed, Helios head won't even bother Thor he stared into the sun like it was nothing, Nemesis Rage is lightning, lightning can't hurt Thor, Thor survived atempts to mess with his soul before. Anyway one sigle hit from Thor and Kratos is dead. So i think my answer to your question is no it's not good enough, and please stop trolling.
he defeated cronos who was like thrice as tall as a celestial and has incredible durability and you have to realize that comic story telling and game story telling are two different things ,ex if thor was the player in GOW he'd do the same stuff moving at light speed making insane feats does not apply at all to games any games so if kratos existed in the marvel universe or any universe and pulled out that feat he'll rape thor but my opinion goes for thor for the win
See that's what I'm saying. Well not rape.... It would be a good fight, close even, but I'm sure Thor wouldn't go for the kill. Kratos is doing nothing but trying to kill Thor. Henceforth Kratos will murder Thor.
#113 Posted by TheMightyAvenger (1908 posts) - - Show Bio
@higher_evolutionary: Thor fought a Celestial who was 20.000 feet tall his name was Exitar and he was an annihilator of entire races, and I didn't quite get what you said about light speed. 
@King Quisling: So what if Kratos dies and comes back, he will just be killed again, Thor hasn't been stopped by death either, Mjolnir is better than any weapon Kratos ever landed his eyes, it can manipulate molecules and allows him to just BFR Kratos, no I didn't say anything about Hades's Claws, because it's irrelevant he won't even have the chance to use it, and  as a matter of fact yes he has the will to do that he willed himself back into life and had enough will to resist Moondragon's telepathy augmented by the Mind Gem. You said I ignored things you didn't even say anything about his massively superior strenght, durability, speed, and for the record he also has more stamina ( doesn't tire at all ), and is a better fighter, he fought Captain America while powerless and did a good job, fought against an army of Frost Giants for nine months straight, and yes Mjolnir to the head would kill them Thor has destroyed planets with a single blow, so again Thor murders Kratos and the entire GoW cast.
#114 Posted by TheMightyAvenger (1908 posts) - - Show Bio
@higher_evolutionary: And also it doesn't matter if Cronus was as big as a Celestial he is not as powerfull as one of them.
#115 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2014 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheMightyAvenger said:
@higher_evolutionary: And also it doesn't matter if Cronus was as big as a Celestial he is not as powerfull as one of them.
1-i said there is a difference between games and comics 
2-i was speculating that if he did it in some event in comics the thor wouldn't even dare touch him
3- when referencing cronus i meant for strength cause in the fight he trys to smach him with whole hand which is without calculating the force generated is easly 100000tons so if applyed in effect that would generate millions of tons of crushing power and he stopped it
4-dont be such a douchbage you know exactly what was happening in the so called thor vs exitar fight i
f not dont listen to wikis read the issue your self like i did 
i'm sick of having to explain the fight over and over in every forum
#116 Posted by TheMightyAvenger (1908 posts) - - Show Bio
@higher_evolutionary: Sorry wasn't trying to be a douch, it's something natural XD. Also i thought you were just mentioning the size, wasn't trying to say Thor would beat a Celestial lol, and just for the record yes Cronos is strong but Thor has the strenght to crush an entire planet, so I think he is stronger than Cronus.
#117 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2014 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheMightyAvenger
just a simple misunderstanding thats all
#118 Posted by kungpaokiller (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor takes this, no question. In addition to his ridiculous speed, strength, durability, vast array of magic powers, and Mjolnir, Thor has been alive and fighting for centuries. The combat experience that he's accumulated from thousands of years of fighting wars and assorted battles with the baddest beings in Norse mythology and the Marvel U is staggering. Kratos might be a bad mother with an impressive god-killer resume, but he's never stepped to someone as insanely powerful and skilled as the Thunder God.

#119 Posted by OptimusPalm (1800 posts) - - Show Bio

Although Kratos is a beast Thor is too much for him. If Thor was a playable character in God of War the game would be too easy. Thor for the win.

#120 Edited by Nefarious (22892 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor would own Kratos one way or another.

#121 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheMightyAvenger: If you haven't noticed Mjolnir kinda has a nasty habit of shattering whenit's pushed to it's upper-limits. And as if Thor would destroy the world just to fight Kratos. (Why did he not do this against Bor or Korvacif this is the case?)  And do you seriously think Kratos is an inferior H2H combatant? He's a spartan demi-god whom not lead his army to victory after victory and fought his way through Tartarus to Olympus about 3 times now. (Taking out anything that opposed him in the process.) Kratos has pulled himself from limbo.  He destroyed a planet by opposing the Gods and impaling himself........ and survived. Character morals apply. And Thor wouldn't let himself be pushed as far as Kratos. Can we just agree to disagree already? We can continue if you want after GoW4.
#122 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38789 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

Thor whups Kratos' ass.

Well said :)
#123 Posted by TheMightyAvenger (1908 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling: Kratos doesn't have what it takes to come even close to shatter Mjolnir, I know Thor wouldn't destroy the planet just pointing out that he is stronger than Kratos, I knoe every single thing Kratos did in all his games it's just that he is not on Thor's league. But to hell with this, agrre to disagree, sounds good. 
#124 Posted by BigCimmerian (8837 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL GOW fan always say this: Kratos killed Zeus, Hera, Ares bla bla bla he would own thor etc..... Thor would kill those gods with one strike. GOW GODS<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<MARVEL GODS

#125 Posted by Noone301994 (6957 posts) - - Show Bio

Where the hell are the Thor fans?!

#126 Posted by Lou_Cypher (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Where the hell are the Thor fans?!

Tired of debating this all the time perhaps? It's not like anything new came to the discussion since the very beginning. Kratos fans keep trying to equivocate the Greek pantheon that Kratos killed to those in Marvel despite them being much weaker than the latter.

Rinse, repeat, no point in debating when it's all the same thing.

In fact, if anything, the guy in my avatar (Gilgamesh) could probably beat Kratos without even trying even though the same guy would lose to Thor as well.

#127 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread has been done to death.

Thor wins all day every day and twice on Sundays.

Kratos is not a match for Thor.

Get over it.

#128 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (20231 posts) - - Show Bio
#129 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: Only if I click on it.

If you still want it to show motion without people having to click on it, open the image in another tab from it's source then drag it into your post.

#130 Posted by Noone301994 (6957 posts) - - Show Bio

@lou_cypher: Do you have a link to a thread that actually shows Thor fans trying? I'm having an argument with my friends and they basically think Kratos could beat Thor and even Superman...

#131 Edited by Sandrix (1 posts) - - Show Bio
#132 Posted by TJSH96 (875 posts) - - Show Bio

I've played God of War 1, 2 and 3. I've never seen Kratos do anything that puts him above city-block-level+ destructive capacity. Thor on the other-hand, can destroy planets and stars and can survive supernova's. Kratos doesn't stand a chance here.

#133 Posted by DeathandGrim (2086 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this is completely mismatch.

Thor, a planet buster

Vs

Kratos, not even a molehill buster.

I love Kratos but this fight is retardedly one sided dude

#134 Posted by JasonHawke (1611 posts) - - Show Bio

I... dont know.

Ive seen Thor's feat and Ive seen Kratos's brutality!

In a 1v1 fight Ill go with... Kratos.

Get angry.

#135 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (20231 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor, a planet buster

Vs

Kratos, not even a molehill buster.

Damn straight.

#136 Posted by Starrk01 (380 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos gets splattered. I don't even understand why people are arguing for Kratos. Gods in one universe =/= Gods in other universes. GoW gods are weak shit.

#137 Posted by GalacticRavenous (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor, a planet buster. He needed a great power to destroy a planet. Like Charging mjolnir. Kratos has reaction times to stop that.

Vs

Kratos, not even a molehill buster. A God Slayer who killed all of the olympian gods and many titans. A planet burster means nothing in these kind of fights.

#138 Posted by Wolverine08 (45541 posts) - - Show Bio
#139 Posted by DeathandGrim (2086 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathandgrim said:

Thor, a planet buster. He needed a great power to destroy a planet. Like Charging mjolnir. Kratos has reaction times to stop that.

Vs

Kratos, not even a molehill buster. A God Slayer who killed all of the olympian gods and many titans. A planet burster means nothing in these kind of fights.

I played all the games and no matter how many times that's gonna be brought up it's gonna be debunked by everyone saying that the GoW gods weren't that powerful (as if they were trying to be and/or had enough screen time to demonstrate this... the game WAS about Kratos)

Like I said, I've already tried debating for Kratos before and that just hinders every argument.

#140 Edited by kyrees (6192 posts) - - Show Bio

@galacticravenous: a being that kills gods that don't even have impressive showings compared to their comic versions will never win against a being that kills gods that has greater showings than the GOW gods.

@god_spawn @saren @deranged_midget bumping a mismatched thread.

#141 Edited by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio
#142 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9770 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees said:

@galacticravenous: a being that kills gods that don't even have impressive showings compared to their comic versions will never win against a being that kills gods that has greater showings than the GOW gods.

Agree ^ killing Gods that don't have nearly as impressive physicals as Thor is unimpressive.

#143 Edited by xlab3000 (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos stomps Thor. I can't believe people would think Thor would beat Kratos. Kratos defeated the gods and the titans. They had MFTL reactions and movement speed. Thor gets tossed around like a rag doll.

#144 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlab3000 said:

Kratos stomps Thor. I can't believe people would think Thor would beat Kratos. Kratos defeated the gods and the titans. They had MFTL reactions and movement speed. Thor gets tossed around like a rag doll.

The gods in GoW didn't have either of those attributes. Stop makin' stuff up..

#145 Edited by alessandro_souzamarques (716 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor "pimp slaps" Kratos with a finger using 1/10 of his strength, then Kratos, in shame, kills himself again.

#146 Posted by Fufuh (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Against a 'nerfed' Thor, Kratos can win, specially with the weapons/magic he gathered (Claw of Hades, Blade of Olympus, Medusa' head etc.), but if you average out all of Thor showings (or just look at the consistent feats that he has demonstrated) is a mismatch, he's just in another level. Kratos is no joke though, the olympian gods there were really powerful, as the titans, and Kratos defeated a whole bunch of them, Kratos just lacks the versatility and raw power to take down 'the average' Thor for good.

#147 Posted by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor kills him.

#148 Posted by xlab3000 (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlab3000 said:

The gods in GoW didn't have either of those attributes. Stop makin' stuff up..

Dude I was joking LOL. The MFTL reactions and speed were a dang give away. Thor beats Kratos with a finger. The gods and titans weren't that powerful LMFAO.

#149 Posted by NeonGameWave (9016 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos loses this match but under different conditions he could win.

#150 Posted by Auction_Sniper (1253 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins. I wonder if the BoO would do anything to Thor.