Thor vs Kratos

• 193 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JThree47693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By JThree47693

Thor would destroy Kratos.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Hellos
@TheShadowHunter said:
"The Gods of Olympus are said to me Omnipresent and Omnipotent. They just didn't show it too much since you control a character who's pretty much having the same capabilities. Zeus is definitely Omnipresent since in God of War 3, he was able to create many clones of himself that were able to attack Kratos. Don't forget in GOW2 where Zeus was able to get bigger and bigger. And well, it would be Mjolnir vs The Blade of Olympus that has the entire power of Olympus and old powers of Kratos when he was the God of War. I think it's enought. Not enought to beat RKT tho. I don't think so. "

First things first, none of them are Omnipotent, by definition not only is that impossible, but that would be quite a confusing part of the game if everyone you are killing is all powerful compared to you.  
They certainly weren't omnipresent or omniscient to boot, Kratos was snapping their necks, popping their eyes, ripping their heads off and taking their souls right out of their bodies. The final fight consists of you beating Zeus himself to death with your bare hands. 

To sum that up, the Gods weren't all that strong in GOW compared to their mythic counterparts, sure they shaped the world and their deaths chaosed quite a bit of trouble for the Greeks, but outside that they had humiltiating losses to Kratos.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By FinalStar86
@TheShadowHunter said:
" The Gods of Olympus are said to me Omnipresent and Omnipotent. They just didn't show it too much since you control a character who's pretty much having the same capabilities. Zeus is definitely Omnipresent since in God of War 3, he was able to create many clones of himself that were able to attack Kratos. Don't forget in GOW2 where Zeus was able to get bigger and bigger. And well, it would be Mjolnir vs The Blade of Olympus that has the entire power of Olympus and old powers of Kratos when he was the God of War. I think it's enought. Not enought to beat RKT tho. I don't think so. "
Helios was knocked off balance by a Balista, they aren't omnipotent, in fact Iron Man could probably beat most of the God of War gods. 
Avatar image for theshadowhunter
TheShadowHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By TheShadowHunter
@Hellos: They were the TOAA of their world. That's why their deaths was bringing the apocalypse to the World. By the way, Kratos had the powers of the Gods, the Titans and the Sisters of Fate.

* SPOILER*

TheShadowHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By TheShadowHunter
@FinalStar86: His chariot was. Helios wasn't even knocked out by a Titan who smacked him and threw him on a buidling.
Tesseract

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Tesseract
@TheShadowHunter: If they where omnipotent as you say, they would have been able to kill him, at the begining of his crusade against them just by thinking it.Them entering fights, and fighting the way they did...with some spells and fists proves they are not omnipotent. They didn't even create the world, they where spawned from the Titans. And they come nowhere near TOAA in power.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Hellos
@TheShadowHunter said:
" @Hellos: They were the TOAA of their world. That's why their deaths was bringing the apocalypse to the World. By the way, Kratos had the powers of the Gods, the Titans and the Sisters of Fate.

* SPOILER*

The only thing that saved humanity is Kratos sacrifice by unleashing the most powerful weapon he had : Hope.
"

None of them where the one above all, much less the writers of their own plot. The most powerful among them was Zeus, he went down to Kratos's fists.  
One of the first things that happens to Kratos in GOW3 involves him falling to his death. Yeah so a lot of good that power did him. 

It wasn't a weapon and he gave hope to mankind, it didn't instant fix all their problems considering the deaths of the gods still released the evils from Pandora's box into the world.  
Then we saw the all powerful Kratos stab himself through the Torso and bleed out to be apparently carried off by his brother.
TheShadowHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By TheShadowHunter
@Hellos: Nice job giving spoilers. You can actually tell people about it... good work.

All together, they were the TOAA of their world. I didn't hear about Odin in that game. Their deaths brought chaos and manking would never be able to live with this. Sun is gone, hell is on Earth, etc.

HOPE was a weapon. Athena said it. Have you played the game? 

* Spoilers*

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Hellos
@TheShadowHunter said:
" @Hellos: Nice job giving spoilers. You can actually tell people about it... good work.

All together, they were the TOAA of their world. I didn't hear about Odin in that game. Their deaths brought chaos and manking would never be able to live with this. Sun is gone, hell is on Earth, etc.

HOPE was a weapon. Athena said it. Have you played the game? 

* Spoilers*

I guess not. Athena told him the only thing that gave him the power to face the other gods was the power of Hope he unleashed from the box. It was the ultimate weapon and that's why Athena wanted that weapon for herself.
"

There are a lot of spoilers on this site, if people are participated in this thread are Kratos fans I would hope by now they have bought a PS3 and played GOW3. If it was months ago I might understand the hesitation on giving spoilers. 
Hardly Zeus himself could have soloed his entire pantheon. They really weren't that impressive and were getting hurt pretty badly without any divine power behind said damage. Like when Kratos launched Hermes into the building and very badly hurts him in the process.  

Chaos was partly brought because they where infected by the plagues sealed in Pandora's box and their deaths released it onto mankind, theres nothing outside that saying that their actual deaths by themselves would have been all that harmful to the planet.(Or at the very least Greece considering we didn't see what happened around the globe).

She wanted that power and was fairly displeased when Kratos released it to humanity instead of her disembodied spirit, which apparently he could kill as well. 

Clearly I didn't play the game. Honestly silly question is met with silly answer.
TheShadowHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By TheShadowHunter
@Tesseract: They were spawned from the Titans and the Titans failed against them and remember : there wasn't all the God of Olympus fighting.

I never saw Apollo, Demeter, Dionysos, Artemis (gave her blade to Kratos, that's it), etc.

I was mad at the game because they changed Hermes for Apollo (Hermes death brought plague on Earth even when Apollo's death would have brought that since he's the God of Light, the Sun, Medecine, Plague, etc.)

Hermes isn't even a member of Olympus. He's a messenger and they made him as a God.

But yeah, Kratos is enought powerful in GOW3 to defeat Thanos, specially with his Blade of Exile, boots of Hermes, head of Helios, Blade of Olympus, the Nemean Cestus, the Claws of Hades, etc.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Hellos
@TheShadowHunter said:

"Kratos is enought powerful in GOW3 to defeat Thanos, specially with his Blade of Exile, boots of Hermes, head of Helios, Blade of Olympus, the Nemean Cestus, the Claws of Hades, etc. "

If your talking comicbook Thanos your out of your mind.  
The character itself is bared from death and can revive himself, while also killing beings with a blast of energy that can't die. Nothing in Kratos's arsenal can dent that, much less rip out his soul or something else rediculous.
Heck Lord Marvel demolishes the Cosmic Avengers and Thanos has the upperhand on him in no time. 

Thor stomps.
Tesseract

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Tesseract
@TheShadowHunter: Yeah....no...Kratos isn't powerfull enough to defeat Thanos or Thor for that matter. Hermes wasn't really that fast with his boots on, and concerning his other weapons he needs to hit a person with them to defeat them, which he can't....neither Thor nor Thanos. You are grossly overestamating the power levells in the game.  

He killed poseidon just by punching him...I guess omnipotence is vulnerable to punches to the head. He killed Apollo with riping his head off, killed Hermes with cutting of his legs...The gods in the game are not as powerful as you think they are and neither is Kratos.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Hellos
@Tesseract said:
" @TheShadowHunter: Yeah....no...Kratos isn't powerfull enough to defeat Thanos or Thor for that matter. Hermes wasn't really that fast with his boots on, and concerning his other weapons he needs to hit a person with them to defeat them, which he can't....neither Thor nor Thanos. You are grossly overestamating the power levells in the game.   He killed poseidon just by punching him...I guess omnipotence is vulnerable to punches to the head. He killed Apollo with riping his head off, killed Hermes with cutting of his legs...The gods in the game are not as powerful as you think they are and neither is Kratos. "

You would think Kratos dieing at the very start of the game would give people some idea that this guy clearly isn't invulnerable, even if you ignore the brutal deaths he brings on the other gods in GOW without even bothering to use the sword itself.
crmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By crmidnight
@Dragul said:
" @eserrano05: Kratos is just a barbarian, whereas Thor is a highly skilled fighter. He's fought many foes as strong or even stronger than Kratos in Asgard. The Gods in God of War haven't shown very impressive feats. I believe Thor would win, but I'd be glad to be proven wrong. "

So much fail in what you just said, Xbox is jealous... 

Kratos is a Spartan. Thor isn't a highly skilled fighter. He's battlethirsty and goes into frenzies.
Tesseract

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Tesseract
@Hellos: Yeah i know...It was a cool game, Kratos is BAMF but he can't measure up to plenty of comic characters, including Thor and Thanos.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Hellos
@Tesseract said:
" @Hellos: Yeah i know...It was a cool game, Kratos is BAMF but he can't measure up to plenty of comic characters, including Thor and Thanos. "

He certainly was, the story itself and Kratos as a character may have been a bit meh, but it still pretty much a beatiful looking game and fun.

@crmidnight said:
" Thor isn't a highly skilled fighter. He's battlethirsty and goes into frenzies. "

Bested Sif in sword play in their younger years, plus despite being this super awsome skilled fighter being a Spartan, Kratos really showed that skill since all his fights consist of him ripping his opponents to pieces of stab stab.  
Nothing real fancy that required any real skill on his part other then knowing how to most brutally kill things. 

It's somewhat of a  lie to assume Thor has no fighting ability, I think the handbooks have him as a 4 in that regard.
Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#67  Edited By Achilles.

Thor but this will be no easy fight

Tesseract

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Tesseract
@Achilles.: Yes it will....Thor flies up and spams lighting until Kratos is dust.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Hellos
@Tesseract said:

" @Achilles.: Yes it will....Thor flies up and spams lighting until Kratos is dust. "

Godly smiting INC.

@Achilles.

said:

"Thor but this will be no easy fight "

I don't know how this can't be an easy fight for Thor.  
He's much more durable and on a completely different physical level. Without Mjolnir he still has the speed to blitz Kratos.  

Kratos was impressive, he had his feats and fights that were reminders of Classic Thor beating down giants and such; problem is Thor isn't only HORDES more versatile and better physically in everyway, but has actually fought beings much more superior to the GOW pantheon of gods in his fights. 

Heck Thor standing that close to the sun, without being fried by radiation, blinded by light, or torn apart easily out shines anything Kratos was doing throughout the GOW franchise.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By FinalStar86
@TheShadowHunter: My point is that Helios couldn't defend against it or avoid it, and one hit from a Titan and he got crippled
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By FinalStar86

This fight is ridiculous, Kratos isn't on Iron  Man's level, Kratos couldn't even cause Thor mild discomfort or any form of pain, Thor can and literally one shot Kratos.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By King_Saturn
Thor should win this fight
TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#73  Edited By TheCerealKillz
@FinalStar86 said:
" This fight is ridiculous, Kratos isn't on Iron  Man's level, Kratos couldn't even cause Thor mild discomfort or any form of pain, Thor can and literally one shot Kratos. "
QFT.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Hellos
@FinalStar86 said:
"This fight is ridiculous, Kratos isn't on Iron  Man's level, Kratos couldn't even cause Thor mild discomfort or any form of pain, Thor can and literally one shot Kratos. "

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#75  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Thor one shots Kratos...

Dessolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Dessolution

Thor makes a sport of Kratos before putting him down with his hammer.

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By TheCerealKillz
@Vance Astro said:
" Thor one shots Kratos... "
I love your avatar.

I never knew that happened......
The_Warlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#78  Edited By The_Warlord

Kratos, but only with a slight magrin. Thos may be much more skilled, Kratos overwhelms him with his ruthlessness.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#79  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@TheCerealKillz said:
" @Vance Astro said:
I love your avatar.  I never knew that happened...... "
Thanks..it's a Secret Invasion variant cover.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Hellos
@Love said:
"Kratos, but only with a slight magrin. Thos may be much more skilled, Kratos overwhelms him with his ruthlessness. "

HDKW? 

How  
Does 
Kratos 
Win?

Thor has him beat in virtually every aspect possible, while Kratos doesn't have the durability nor the speed to keep up with him.
Dessolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Dessolution

Nor does have the skills to match him. Thor has fought from giant monsters, overgods and superhumans that could squash Kratos like a bug. Literally. 

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By TheCerealKillz
@Vance Astro said:
" @TheCerealKillz said:
" @Vance Astro said:
I love your avatar.  I never knew that happened...... "
Thanks..it's a Secret Invasion variant cover. "
Oh, cool.
TheShadowHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By TheShadowHunter
@Hellos: Kratos wasn't able to kill Gods because he had the weapons. It's because of what he had inside him. It was said that the most powerful weapon in the Universe was Hope. Hope was the only thing capable of killing Gods. Were the Gods weakened by the evil from Pandora's Box? I don't know since it was never said. But Kratos defeated time itself by beating the Sisters of Fate. The Underworld was never able to hold him which pretty much means that he couldn't ''die''. In the Greek mythology, Zeus wanted Pandora to trap Hope inside the box since he knew how powerful it was. Why do you think Athena wanted that power? Because she knew how powerful it was. And Kratos barelly used it's power since it was hidden by his guilt and other stuff that I can't remember.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Hellos
@TheShadowHunter said:
" @Hellos: Kratos wasn't able to kill Gods because he had the weapons. It's because of what he had inside him. It was said that the most powerful weapon in the Universe was Hope. Hope was the only thing capable of killing Gods. Were the Gods weakened by the evil from Pandora's Box? I don't know since it was never said. But Kratos defeated time itself by beating the Sisters of Fate. The Underworld was never able to hold him which pretty much means that he couldn't ''die''. In the Greek mythology, Zeus wanted Pandora to trap Hope inside the box since he knew how powerful it was. Why do you think Athena wanted that power? Because she knew how powerful it was. And Kratos barelly used it's power since it was hidden by his guilt and other stuff that I can't remember. "

Outside being amped in the first title by Pandora's Box to kill Ares and GOW2 consisting of him needing the Sword of Olympus to kill them prior to GOW3 I disagree. During GOW3 the Gods where badly injured without much effort on his part.  
The Underworld held him just fine, he needed to get help to leave each time, in GOW3's case he needed Hade's soul. 

Hope doesn't empower Kratos to avoid dieing multiple times and to opponents FAR less powerful than Thor. Thor's going to crush him.
FearMonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By FearMonger

I think Kratos will win. Kratos has so many weapons and accessories gathered that puts him at an advantage, he even uses body parts of the gods and mythical creatures as weapons. He has killed greek gods, though I agree that the gods of olympus are very underplayed. As for Kratos being just a barbarian with no fighting skills, that is kinda right and kinda wrong. Kratos has immense fighting skills, he just happens to cut, rip, tear and decapitate his enemies in a brutal fashion. He is one pissed off God killer. I think that Kratos will be adding Thor's hammer to his collection of weapons. And yes I know about Thors hammer not supposedly being able to be lifted  but by people it deems worthy. But Kratos will find a way around that. Note: I am not entirly sure about the whole using gods body parts as weapons. In the demo to GOW3 I thought he ripped off one of the gods heads and used it to benafit him.
Neuropa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Neuropa

Kratos defeated Zeus. Zeus is same level as Odin. Odin stronger than Thor. Kratos kill Thor. It's easy!

HumanNumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By HumanNumber

Comic book gods>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GOW gods. Thor is too strong, too fast, and too durable for Kratos to handle.

blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By blackadam
@Neuropa said:
"Kratos defeated Zeus. Zeus is same level as Odin. Odin stronger than Thor. Kratos kill Thor. It's easy! "

Neuropa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Neuropa
blackadam ... i know, truth is painful for you:)
Tesseract

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Tesseract
@Neuropa said:
" blackadam ... i know, truth is painful for you:) "
He is right. You can't compare video games gods with Marvel gods....They are different and Marvel gods are much more powerful then GoW gods.
Avatar image for comicfanforever
comicfanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#91  Edited By comicfanforever

Thor....

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By saiyan_earthling

Mjolnir!

JThree47693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By JThree47693
@Neuropa said:
"Kratos defeated Zeus. Zeus is same level as Odin. Odin stronger than Thor. Kratos kill Thor. It's easy! "

Comic Zeus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GOW Zeus
Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Susanoo

Thor wins.....
King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By King Quisling

Kratos wins this. He killed Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Hephaestus, Ares, Athena, Hermes, and Hades. Plus Hercules, Perseus and a few other ancient Greek heroes. Also he murders mythical creatures and Hades undead soldier like it's wholesale. He's pure rage and bloodlust personified. 

Goyo77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Goyo77

Thor will smack the tattoo's and the grey off of Kratos skin.
Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#97  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Goyo77 said:

Thor will smack the tattoo's and the grey off of Kratos skin.
Avatar image for marvelrules2011
marvelrules2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By marvelrules2011
@blackadam said:

@Neuropa said:

No Caption Provided
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Thor's hammmer

Defeating Zeus in GOWverse doesn't = defeating Zeus is Marvelverse. Marvel Zeus would stomp the GOWverse. as would Thor.
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By odinforce
The God Of Thunder Stomps