Thor vs JLA B-Team

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@termiteone4ever: thanks. did i see someone get disintegrated by that? who was it?

MonsieurSharqc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#453  Edited By MonsieurSharqc

@fallschirmjager said:

I object to Aquaman being labeled a b-teamer. :)

This is the reason why i'm boycotting this(Which means i wont give any answer)!.....

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager said:

This is the reason why i'm boycotting this(Which means i wont give any answer)!.....

lol i think 2 or 3 people here object to thor getting his ass handed to him by a B team lol

MonsieurSharqc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsieursharqc said:
@fallschirmjager said:

lol i think 2 or 3 people here object to thor getting his ass handed to him by a B team lol

Yeah sure whatever ;l .No but srsly i rather Aquaman(And propably Red Tornado/Hawman too) over thor so.....

Avatar image for captainamerica1986
CaptainAmerica1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

God blast ftw.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#457  Edited By GhostRavage

@isaac_clarke said:

@ghostravage: Uhh... The scan you just posted shows the Hulk waking up - bruised - after being chained to the rock. That kinda doesn't help your argument for Zeus not having KOed him.

And except Thor has on occasion knocked the Hulk before in single shots.

No he didn't... You were claiming he was knocked out in the rock where he wasn't, he woke up chained already. Anyway, the instance itself shows Hulk surviving being hit several times by a quite pissed sky-father, being zapped 2 times by Zeus lightenings, being totally overwhelmed by Zeus strength having his healing factor f*cked up. Nonetheless, Hulk took WAY too many things before even arriving to Zeus.

He took attacks from another Sky-Father (Poseidon) took attacks from 2 other gods and fought against hordes of Olympian creatures before having the fight with Zeus, so yeah, that's utterly durable and WAY too durable to withstand Thor's blows, blows that you claim will simply put Hulk down. It wasn't only Zeus beat that was need to take Hulk down, it was actually the consistent bothering of Poseidon, Boreas, Apollo, a bunch of Olympian creatures and Zeus lightenings and beating. Nonetheless, Hulk didn't even fight back, he just took the punishment to save his family.

You have NO proof of Thor being able to one shot Hulk rather than 3-2 instances between more than 50 years of encounters. It's not consistent at all to claim Thor can do it. They have a legendary rivalry in the Marvel Universe. Stop the lowballing.

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#458  Edited By TommyJones1945

@sc: Don't get why I'm being reprimanded for grammar, but I get the rest. I'll tone down the language.

CIN.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#459 SC  Moderator

@tommyjones1945: Grammar thing was just a silly joke, don't worry about that part and cheers, much appreciated!

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460  Edited By bigcimmerian
bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: I'll agree with you the difference is marginal at best and in most cases they're both the same thing. You can pretty much say the same for basically any 'god' type being being 'magical' ableit when it comes to being described as divine it tends to be a notch above magical and in the Marvel universe this was once very much the case.

Marvel Wikia is also talks about Ghost Rider's mystical chains - despite his angelic history being the source of his power set. Though again you can attribute to his powers being magical.

@god_spawn: First thing, sorry for those godly inexcusable spelling errors - was typing that post on my phone. A few things to point out though:

Where do we get any mention about anything holding on by a thread? Thor's wrist gets slashed and and now that I look at it again he's just puts his arm over his chest area to make a clear eye blast to kill Wolverine.

My reference to Daken was to point out the stupidity of the writing in that book. Thor for some reason attributes his durability to his Asgardian background despite Wolverine's son with his Murasma claws carving up dozens of Asgardians effortlessly - under Thor's logic Wolverine should be cutting him in half. Lets not get into how that writer apparently thinks Thor's physical attributes are comparable to generic Asgardians or the Sentry casually holding those same claws in his hands. The best depiction of any Wolverine vs Thor fight will always remain Uncanny Avengers hammer smash one-shot.

@bigcimmerian: Your point? The Destroyer was a combined effort by the Earth's various pantheons to fight the Celestials - and a lot of these ancient arcane magics was more or less them fusing a little bit of themselves (their power) into uru metal.If it was all just generic magic calling it divine or writers making an effort to distinguish a difference between Thor and Strange's powers would have been entirely pointless. Just sayin.

@foreverevil: who said that?

@wardemon32: By what?

@ghostravage: Since when has the Hulk routinely beat Thor ever? And yes Thor's more than capable of one shooting the Hulk - who has zip to do with this thread.

So I'm confused - why can't Thor just nuke the world with a hammer strike? Or are people dead set on Hawkman tearing his head off despite how stupid that is?

Please tell me you're joking? Do you want to tell me that Thor is not magical being? When it is said many times that he is. I even show you the scan of Odin infused with magic strong enough to tank universal explosion and now you bring All-Fathers into this. It's said that Odin is infused not Destroyer armor. What are you trying to prove here?

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

1. Thor controls wind on a level to hurt skyfathers, and if he disperses Tornado Tyrant...according to whoever else, he needs air to reform. Thor can destory him, then suck the air out the place, stopping him from reforming.

2. Cut off the human part until he's all magic/water, two thing Thor can control/negate.

3. The mace is the only weapon he can use against Thor. If he takes it, Hawkman can't even make him blink. And again, Hulk has a healing factor, Thor still takes him out.

4. Even Hulk fans admit Thor routinely beats Hulk. it just happened. does it happen the other way, yes, but the point is Thor consistently puts down someone with that same HF you're mentioning. It's not hard to for him.

1. Thor Control's winds, Tornado Tyrant IS the wind. Or rather as an air elemental he is the living embodiment of all air. That is why he could create havoc with tornadoes on Rann while still on Earth. Also He's universal/multiversal celestials for the most part are galaxy level

No Caption Provided

2. Your the one who said that Thor's not magic, ow he is. Whatever suit's your argument at the time hey??? Oh and please show a single example of Thor controlling "ANTI" magic. Arthur's water hand counters magic, so I don't see how someone using magic controls something that counters it.

3& 4

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Tell me again who put's who down??? somehow I just don't seem to be getting that picture.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#463  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@foreverevil: yea, no, I know what you mean. regardless of the amount of training, Id feel the same way if my significant other was in that situation. I honestly think the worst has passed. Try not to over worry. Just focus on the funny comments we get on these boards such as "divine god powers do NOT equal magic" lol

Yeah, that is pretty damn funny!

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: Nope, more than once. I love how Thor supporters always try to put him above Hulk when over 50 years they've been pretty much equal.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: Nope, more than once. I love how Thor supporters always try to put him above Hulk when over 50 years they've been pretty much equal.

I'm not lowballing Hulk, I love him as character, I just think that with Thor versatility he wouldn't stand much of a chance, but in slugfest they are probably on the same level.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage said:

I'm not lowballing Hulk, I love him as character, I just think that with Thor versatility he wouldn't stand much of a chance, but in slugfest they are probably on the same level.

Funny to say, but Hulk beats Thor >BECAUSE< he likes to brawl with him... If Thor uses properly his plot device weapon given by his father, he should be able to beat Hulk consistently, even Superman and WW... Mjolnir's potential is ridiculously overpowered.

In physical attributes/powerset/potential Hulk has a wide upperhand when brawling... Thor actually using his Mjolnir potential, Thor beats Hulk 10/10. This is the real analysis about the Hulk/Thor instance. None of them are above the other because there's too much CIS involved between their fights.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1:

1. That scan of red Tornado shows literally nothing. It's just words that are very vague

2. Oh anti-magic can't be magic? Because Thor has anti-magic, in fact Mjolnir's powers include anti-magic so you need to make up your mind about that, and either way Mjolnir comes out on top.

3. You literally showed Thor beating Hulk a few times, Hulk having help or just hitting Thor or matching him, not sure what the point was. Thor puts down Hulk with lightning, despite his healing factor, the same healing factor hawkman and aquaman supposedly have. That's what matters. And jesus, stack the pictures next time, side by side or something, that was a waste of space.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden:

I'm sure that @beatboks1 will respond to your post in his own time and in his own way. But while I have your attention, I'd like to point out that while the scan in question did show the Hulk being KO'ed by a thunderbolt, Hawkman and Aquaman (since those are the team members you mentioned) have far more speed and/or agility than the Hulk displays on a regular basis. Aquaman as just one example has tanked energy blasts of a Metahuman, cosmic, and mystical nature with little more than disorientation before regaining his bearings. He has also dodged them as well when the situation called for him to do so. I admit for the record that if the team didn't use all their tools/powers to the fullest and if they just ignored all their Watchtower Training Room drills together, then yes, they'd fight sloppily and get routed. But you won't even acknowledge that the team can win even 1 battle out of a possible 10? With all of the empirical data to suggest otherwise?

That's discouraging @darkraiden, because I've never viewed you as the type of guy that can't see the other side of an issue. You're usually so level headed here in the Battle Forums.....

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@isaac_clarke: I guess that because you say so gods aren't considered as magical and divine beings anymore but something like other kind of science.

As for all of the feats you told me about.They are pretty impressive but I don't think that the team would wait for him to consider doing anything from those.Even if he breaks the ground beneath them it wouldn't be that bad because the team can fly and doesn't need ground to act (except Aquaman).

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet: Gotta stop you right there mon ami... Current Hulk is consistently moving as a blur, there are already 17 issues i think of Indestructible Hulk and plenty of instances where his speed takes place. He's far from being a slouch in the speed department, anyway, Thor has never repeated such thing about KOing Hulk with a lightening and was pretty much debunked since i already shown how Hulk withstand being assaulted by 3 gods and Zeus lightening (which i consider WAY above Thor's since Zeus is the Thunder God sky-father) with no stop, yet he managed to take the beat of Zeus. That was a 1 time instance and shouldn't be considered as consistent, however, it did happened, but it's awfully unlikely to happen again.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471  Edited By DarkRaiden

@heraldofganthet said:

@darkraiden:

I'm sure that @beatboks1 will respond to your post in his own time and in his own way. But while I have your attention, I'd like to point out that while the scan in question did show the Hulk being KO'ed by a thunderbolt, Hawkman and Aquaman (since those are the team members you mentioned) have far more speed and/or agility than the Hulk displays on a regular basis. Aquaman as just one example has tanked energy blasts of a Metahuman, cosmic, and mystical nature with little more than disorientation before regaining his bearings. He has also dodged them as well when the situation called for him to do so. I admit for the record that if the team didn't use all their tools/powers to the fullest and if they just ignored all their Watchtower Training Room drills together, then yes, they'd fight sloppily and get routed. But you won't even acknowledge that the team can win even 1 battle out of a possible 10? With all of the empirical data to suggest otherwise?

That's discouraging @darkraiden, because I've never viewed you as the type of guy that can't see the other side of an issue. You're usually so level headed here in the Battle Forums.....

I don't see it but here's why. I don't see them outlasting Thor. Red Tornado's Tornado Tyrant thing is unfortunately wind, which won't affect Thor, the Water Hand hasn't shown many offensive abilities that affect Thor, if Steel was in Aegis maybe, but normally his hammer is strong, but not take out Thor strong, and Hawkman has the nth metal, but not really the means to take out Thor. But I'll give this, if the Water Hand was able to somehow disable Mjolnir, Steel was in Aegis, and Hawkman had everything on him (the eye of horus right?) then they could win probably 5-6/10. I just don't know much about Hawkman and Aquaman and thus I doubt their anti-magic abilities working on Mjolnir that has anti-magic itself, has Skyfather+ level magic in it and more.

Also Thor has like.....a slew of random OP abilities I haven't discussed that would win it for him. He's like Silver Surfer with magic, extra crack, a good fighter, strength, etc. Also b/c it's bloodlusted and he can literally drain life force. If it was regular PIS/CIS/comic depiction Thor, he'd lose (granted it's not cosmic Thor who fights celestials and beats Galactus). But we use them to the best of their abilities.

EDIT: Seriously, I could get the right Thor scans to make an argument against Galactus or Odin 10/10. And that's just....ridiculous in it's own right. Even worse it's hard to tell exactly what he'd use bloodlusted. Also, the only one I've seen with speed feats to dodge lightning is the GL, maybe RT.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472  Edited By isaac_clarke

@tdk_1997 said:

@isaac_clarke:

I guess that because you say sogods aren't considered as magical and divine beings anymore but something like other kind of science.

As for all of the feats you told me about.They are pretty impressive but I don't think that the team would wait for him to consider doing anything from those.Even if he breaks the ground beneath them it wouldn't be that bad because the team can fly and doesn't need ground to act (except Aquaman).

Not exactly what I was saying, but I thought people kept getting caught in the magic nature with Thor when plenty of sources on panel call his powers divine. Which isn't at all too different - but it stands to reason Aquaman's hand isn't going to turn Thor mortal / de-power his hammer from being used and Hawkman's mace is suddenly going to cleave through Thor like butter according to ridiculous posts in this thread.

So I'm told - apparently Red Tornado is multiversal / Universal. Although everything being said about Hawkman and Aquaman keeps coming off as less than impressive.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@foreverevil said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@foreverevil said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@foreverevil said:

@wardemon32 said:

@foreverevil:

I'm confused? So if Thor is seperated from his hammer from a distance then he starts to lose his powers and die? I don't understand.

yes. as far as i remember reading thats what happens.

I think that that is long gone.

can you show scans as proof? just so that we're not assuming that that is no longer true.

I don't have since Thor hasn't been that far away from Mjolnir for the past few years but from what I know that is no longer hanging out there.

how do you know? give us an issue number so we can verify

Thor hasn't had the 60 second separation rule for quite some time, if you want a specific issue you'd have to ask @thundergodswrath

I can't remember exactly, but it has been years since that happened. Donald Blake isn't even alive currently.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor can put them down.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@isaac_clarke:

I guess that because you say sogods aren't considered as magical and divine beings anymore but something like other kind of science.

Not exactly what I was saying, but I thought people kept getting caught in the magic nature with Thor when plenty of sources on panel call his powers divine. Which isn't at all too different - but it stands to reason Aquaman's hand isn't going to turn Thor mortal / de-power his hammer from being used and Hawkman's mace is suddenly going to cleave through Thor like butter according to ridiculous posts in this thread.

So I'm told - apparently Red Tornado is multiversal / Universal. Although everything being said about Hawkman and Aquaman keeps coming off as less than impressive.

Isn't divine almost the same thing as magical.I know it isn't but still mystical.And nobody said that either Aquaman or Hawkman would go solo through Thor but the users that put the scans wanted to show you guys that don't believe that Thor would lose that they can hurt him.They wanted to show all of the guys that commented here that Thor wouldn't smash them so quickly and that they have some fight in them and that they are bigger threats than anyone actually thinks.

Nobody has implied that Red Tornado is Universal or even Multiversal.They just posted some scans from Meltzer's JL run.

Avatar image for alessandro_souzamarques
alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: "I've shown you feats on this thred that prove Tornado Tyrant ( the elelental that will be released when RT is bloodlusted and always has bren) controls wind on a universal and multiversal scale. Thor will not be controlling the air against him, that is just a fact."

@heraldofganthet:"You nailed it. I don't know how many times and/or in how many different ways this point can be expressed before it's taken off Thor's table of options."

Red Tornado (or even Tornado Tyrant) doesn't have weather control on Thor's level and is isn't on Universal level let alone Multiversal level. You said Tornado Tyrant can ravage hundreds of worlds at a time. Well, Thor can make cosmic hurricanes with winds of THOUSANDS OF WORLDS. Imagine thousand of worlds with planetary storm on each one of these worlds. All the wind you can gather on thousands of worlds and yet empowered by cosmic power and magic. This Cosmic Hurricane was enough to make a being slightly more powerful than a Bloodlusted Full powered Odin cry in pain. Thor could at least one shot K.O Aquaman and Hawkman at same time with this attack. Combine this Cosmic Hurricane with his lightning attacks (he could make both and combine them) that can make Chaos King scream in pain and no one is going to survive. If Guy somehow is able to survive Thor could absorb his powers from his ring since Thor was able to absorb a Multiversal bomb that was going to kill every single god throughout time (every god that born, was going to born or was born) and the totality of Glory's power (TEN THOUSAND GODS). Thor alone has more variety of powers than this team. Also remember that Chaos King was at least 15x the size of a planet. Thor's lightning was almost as large as Chaos King's thorax so no one is going to dodge this lightning. Those scans you posted to claim Aquaman tanking lightning didn't showed Aquaman tanking any lightning, only energy beams. Energy beams aren't equal to lightning.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And those Lobo's feats aren't that great and they are too ambiguous , you know, you are using the Sun as example but there are stars that are smaller than the Sun. There are stars that are only 16%/20% larger than Jupiter and 8% of the size or mass of the Sun. http://www.universetoday.com/25348/what-is-the-smallest-star/

Thor has already showed more impressive feats of strength like reversing the World tree engine. World tree is equal to a solar system. Since the Nine Worlds are contained in its roots. Solar system >>> any star. Anyway, strength to lift, pull or push something isn't equal to striking power. Show me feats of striking power to Lobo.

No Caption Provided

Thor destroyed all planets around him and was even destroying a far one while in the middle of space, without even touching them.

Just because Aquaman supposedly tanked Lobo's blows doesn't mean he is going to tank Thor's blows as well.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alessandro_souzamarques: Hey man, edit your post and put on Spoiler Block all your scans. the page is turning heavy already.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whats up with the giant assortment of pointless scans? Can we cut some of those down in size or delete them so they don't clog up the page?

First Thing: Your scan's narration is directly referring to the Destroyer Armor. Just like the description attached to the Odinsword doesn't mean Odin was 'forged from the legendary nine-rings'. I get because they're fragmented sentences that might confuse you - but Odin isn't empowered by ancient arcane magics meant to survive universal Armageddon. Its all the Odinforce.

My point was to shine a differently light on how to describe Thor mystical nature rather than chocking the character up to just plain magic.

No he didn't... You were claiming he was knocked out in the rock where he wasn't, he woke up chained already. Anyway, the instance itself shows Hulk surviving being hit several times by a quite pissed sky-father, being zapped 2 times by Zeus lightenings, being totally overwhelmed by Zeus strength having his healing factor f*cked up. Nonetheless, Hulk took WAY too many things before even arriving to Zeus.He took attacks from another Sky-Father (Poseidon) took attacks from 2 other gods and fought against hordes of Olympian creatures before having the fight with Zeus, so yeah, that's utterly durable and WAY too durable to withstand Thor's blows, blows that you claim will simply put Hulk down. It wasn't only Zeus beat that was need to take Hulk down, it was actually the consistent bothering of Poseidon, Boreas, Apollo, a bunch of Olympian creatures and Zeus lightenings and beating. Nonetheless, Hulk didn't even fight back, he just took the punishment to save his family.

You have NO proof of Thor being able to one shot Hulk rather than 3-2 instances between more than 50 years of encounters. It's not consistent at all to claim Thor can do it. They have a legendary rivalry in the Marvel Universe. Stop the lowballing.

I wasn't claiming being on the rock knocked the Hulk out.

Poseidon isn't a skyfather - his domain is the ocean and all he did was have the Hulk struggle to stay afloat. And then he proceeded to be frozen by a lesser know wind deity and burned by a solar deity on his climb up. Eventually to be knocked out by a lightning bolt from Zeus - who then proceeds to beat him to a bloody pulp in a handful of punches. That's hardly surviving anything and those initial attacks where meant to impede the Hulk from climbing to begin with.

It didn't take all of them to beat the Hulk - short of insane fanboyism that much is evident. All it took was annoying Skyfather and his fists - who gives the Hulk one of his worst beat downs in his career. This isn't argument for how Thor can't one-shot the Hulk or can't consistently beat the Hulk without PIS. They haven't had that many fights for 50 years and they have an even loss / win ratio over the decades. It has nothing to do with low-balling Thor has better feats and a lot more power to KO the Hulk. And with that this argument is done.

I can't remember exactly, but it has been years since that happened. Donald Blake isn't even alive currently.

Blake isn't dead - he's a disembodied head in an eternal slumber. Some odd way of Fraction writing him off - but very much alive.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#479  Edited By isaac_clarke

I'm pretty sure I've seen a few posts throughout this thread either claiming Hawkman can cleave Thor's head off his shoulders (apparently attributing his mace to negating Thor's damage soak) or Aquaman depowering that hammer / dehydrating Thor. There is a post above claiming he's universal / multiversal and people are saying to defeat him Thor would have to get control that elemental RT represents across the universe.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure I've seen a few posts throughout this thread either claiming Hawkman can cleave Thor's head off his shoulders (apparently attributing his mace to negating Thor's damage soak) or Aquaman depowering that hammer / dehydrating Thor. There is a post above claiming he's universal / multiversal and people are saying to defeat him Thor would have to get control that elemental RT represents across the universe.

There are posts like that but in almost every thread there are posts and posters like that who just don't know what exactly they are saying and about the characters.All of the claims that Hawkman can take Thor by himself are bs but they aren't lying about him being trouble but he wouldn't do that much harm without the help of the others.As for the Aquaman with the aqua hand I don't know if he really is Multiversal - in my opinon he isn't but he would make a lot of trouble along with the rest of the guys that are behind his back.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage said:

No he didn't... You were claiming he was knocked out in the rock where he wasn't, he woke up chained already. Anyway, the instance itself shows Hulk surviving being hit several times by a quite pissed sky-father, being zapped 2 times by Zeus lightenings, being totally overwhelmed by Zeus strength having his healing factor f*cked up. Nonetheless, Hulk took WAY too many things before even arriving to Zeus.He took attacks from another Sky-Father (Poseidon) took attacks from 2 other gods and fought against hordes of Olympian creatures before having the fight with Zeus, so yeah, that's utterly durable and WAY too durable to withstand Thor's blows, blows that you claim will simply put Hulk down. It wasn't only Zeus beat that was need to take Hulk down, it was actually the consistent bothering of Poseidon, Boreas, Apollo, a bunch of Olympian creatures and Zeus lightenings and beating. Nonetheless, Hulk didn't even fight back, he just took the punishment to save his family.

Poseidon isn't a skyfather - his domain is the ocean and all he did was have the Hulk struggle to stay afloat.And then he proceeded to be frozen by a lesser know wind deity and burned by a solar deity on his climb up.Eventually to be knocked out by a lightning bolt from Zeus - who then proceeds to beat him to a bloody pulp in a handful of punches.That's hardly surviving anything and those initial attacks where meant to impede the Hulk from climbing to begin with.

It didn't take all of them to beat the Hulk - short of insane fanboyism that much is evident. All it took was annoying Skyfather and his fists - who gives the Hulk one of his worst beat downs in his career. This isn't argument for how Thor can't one-shot the Hulk or can't consistently beat the Hulk without PIS. They haven't had that many fights for 50 years and they have an even loss / win ratio over the decades. It has nothing to do with low-balling Thor has better feats and a lot more power to KO the Hulk.And with that this argument is done.

• Poseidon IS Skyfather... He's Zeus brother, i don't have the scans, but he sure has some feats that worth the mention. He survived every single attack 3 gods made on him ultimately achieving to reach Zeus, who then right away proceeds to struck him with a lightening. He didn't faint at all before the fight with Zeus. That's hardly surviving pretty much everything Thor would do, in a long, all drawn fight.
  • Yes it did, he was already harmed by a bunch of bs before reaching Zeus, then he suddenly strikes him with the lightening and falls, for a few seconds, >WITHOUT< fainting, the issue continues right away Hulk standing up and mocking Zeus... I knew you would recur to the Fanboy argument, childish attitude. I've shown you enough proof to show you how Thor WOULDN'T be able to ONE SHOT Hulk in like... Ever... Without getting some convenient plot enhancement. What do you have to show for Thor one shotting Hulk? 2-3 utterly inconsistent instances? Yeah, that's awfully reliable. That's not mentioning Hulk took 2 lightenings thrown by a pissed Zeus... Who is WAY above Thor which is a God of Thunder as well, and he wasn't KO'd till the end. *cheers*
  • Thor can beat Hulk 10/10 if using his all arsenal properly... Thor brawling with Hulk ends in a blond brute with a broken skull. There's no one shotting for anybody, they are pretty much equal. Anyway...

Look at that... Thor actually gets one shot'd by Hulk. Could it be considered as Hulk being able to one shot a guy that fought him plenty of times beating him/stalemating him/giving a way too good fight to him? Hell no. But hey, im the fanboy here, OBVIOUSLY.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian said:

@ghostravage said:

Funny to say, but Hulk beats Thor >BECAUSE< he likes to brawl with him... If Thor uses properly his plot device weapon given by his father, he should be able to beat Hulk consistently, even Superman and WW... Mjolnir's potential is ridiculously overpowered.

In physical attributes/powerset/potential Hulk has a wide upperhand when brawling... Thor actually using his Mjolnir potential, Thor beats Hulk 10/10. This is the real analysis about the Hulk/Thor instance. None of them are above the other because there's too much CIS involved between their fights.

I don't agree with this 100%. By using all of Mjolnir's abillities Thor definetely wins 10/10, but without it they would stalemate probably.

alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage:
Sorry, but I'm new in here and I don't know how to use it.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whats up with the giant assortment of pointless scans? Can we cut some of those down in size or delete them so they don't clog up the page?

First Thing: Your scan's narration is directly referring to the Destroyer Armor. Just like the description attached to the Odinsword doesn't mean Odin was 'forged from the legendary nine-rings'. I get because they're fragmented sentences that might confuse you - but Odin isn't empowered by ancient arcane magics meant to survive universal Armageddon. Its all the Odinforce.

My point was to shine a differently light on how to describe Thor mystical nature rather than chocking the character up to just plain magic.

@ghostravage said:

Poseidon isn't a skyfather - his domain is the ocean and all he did was have the Hulk struggle to stay afloat. And then he proceeded to be frozen by a lesser know wind deity and burned by a solar deity on his climb up. Eventually to be knocked out by a lightning bolt from Zeus - who then proceeds to beat him to a bloody pulp in a handful of punches. That's hardly surviving anything and those initial attacks where meant to impede the Hulk from climbing to begin with.

It didn't take all of them to beat the Hulk - short of insane fanboyism that much is evident. All it took was annoying Skyfather and his fists - who gives the Hulk one of his worst beat downs in his career. This isn't argument for how Thor can't one-shot the Hulk or can't consistently beat the Hulk without PIS. They haven't had that many fights for 50 years and they have an even loss / win ratio over the decades. It has nothing to do with low-balling Thor has better feats and a lot more power to KO the Hulk. And with that this argument is done.

@thundergodswrath said:

Blake isn't dead - he's a disembodied head in an eternal slumber. Some odd way of Fraction writing him off - but very much alive.

I never actually read the issue, but skimmed. Also what issue did Posiden encounter Hulk?

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet: Thor's lightning managed to hurt Chaos King and that bolt was miles wide, nobody here can dodge lightning that big.

@heraldofganthet: Gotta stop you right there mon ami... Current Hulk is consistently moving as a blur, there are already 17 issues i think of Indestructible Hulk and plenty of instances where his speed takes place. He's far from being a slouch in the speed department, anyway, Thor has never repeated such thing about KOing Hulk with a lightening and was pretty much debunked since i already shown how Hulk withstand being assaulted by 3 gods and Zeus lightening (which i consider WAY above Thor's since Zeus is the Thunder God sky-father) with no stop, yet he managed to take the beat of Zeus. That was a 1 time instance and shouldn't be considered as consistent, however, it did happened, but it's awfully unlikely to happen again.

Now you're just being silly, none of the attacks performed by Olympians are in Thor's level. Thor > every Olympian except Pluto, Zeus and Poseidon, but Poseidon only casted some waves at him lol, they were not fighting, or you're suggesting that surviving one ocean wave is good feat for Hulk? He was actually KO'd by that lightning from Zeus and he got up in next issue.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

@isaac_clarke:

I don't exactly see what you're seeing. He's not holding his chest to shoot Wolverine with the OF. He's holding his arm since the thing looks like it is dangling there. It looked more like he slashed him along the wrist in the initial panel, but the following looks like the elbow part is somewhat slashed through and dangling there. More like poor artistic misinterpretation.

And the fight was only really bad if you bar context to it, but that's another debate for another day. I can see where you have the issue with the writer referring to Thor's asgardian hide and blah blah blah, but the point is it is a decent showing for his durability to withstand the claws like that in the first place, but you just seem to keep ignoring the main point about it, it won't last.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like somebody to tell me how exactly does this team survives the lightning bolt that made Chaos King cry in pain and that bolt was many miles wide? Nobody here is going to survive or dodge that.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage

:

Sorry, but I'm new in here and I don't know how to use it.

Just push the edit button on the right top corner of your comment, select all your scans and push the Spoiler Block button below the text tools. Then at the end of the comment box, there's a green button that says "save modifications" use it and it's done.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#491  Edited By GhostRavage

@heraldofganthet: Thor's lightning managed to hurt Chaos King and that bolt was miles wide, nobody here can dodge lightning that big.

@ghostravage said:

Now you're just being silly, none of the attacks performed by Olympians are in Thor's level. Thor > every Olympian except Pluto, Zeus and Poseidon, but Poseidon only casted some waves at him lol, they were not fighting, or you're suggesting that surviving one ocean wave is good feat for Hulk? He was actually KO'd by that lightning from Zeus and he got up in next issue.

Please, i mean the sum of all the stuff Hulk had to pass through before reaching Zeus to ultimately being massacred by Zeus using lightnings and ridiculous strength... All of it is WAY more stuff than Thor can actually pull in a consistent fight with Hulk without being amp'd for some plot reasons.

He wasn't KO'd, it wasn't like the instance in the rock where even the top left corner of the panel says "Later...". The issue is just resumed right away. Unless Hulk you think Hulk was KO'd for mere seconds when he was really KO'd he lasted quite a long time.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

• Bullet Point #5, Hulk took point blank Galactus's beams for quite an extended period of time and wasn't KO'd.
  • No he wasn't, he even had a dialogue with someone i can't recall... Back to you in a minute, im finding the scans.

Um those are non canon scans Ghost. From the storyline where Peter Parker got turned into the Hulk. Don't you see the Silver Surfer with Galactus being compelled to turn against him? That's a non canon set of scans so I don't know why you've posted an irrelevant set of scans. Hulk's only tanked Galactus' blasts during Secret War and those blasts threw him for a massive loop. As for the whole Hulk consistently beating Thor, I disagree strongly. Since it's a battle of massive contestion, the outcome of it is "an endless debate" as Mark Waid wittily put it in Indestructible Hulk 7. Even engaging Hulk on his terms, Thor still has a massive edge in versatility and enough feats with Mjonlnir to edge out a majority. Sorry but based on feats, Thor can take a clear majority in these fights. Mjolnir's abilities grant Thor a big edge even in a brawl. Versatility and power>power. Finally, whilst Hulk got beat down by Zeus, Thor's stalemated him and Zeus was throwing more at Thor than he was at Hulk. You're massively lowballing and blowing Hulk's feats out of context in relation to Thor's

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: I dunno man, all I saw was Hulk's body lying still after being hit by lightning.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman isn't being claimed Multiversal - just functionally un-breakable under the context that everything Thor would cleave off would turn into water. RT is being claimed to be universal / multiversal. Either way my comments where directed to the latter.

• Poseidon IS Skyfather... He's Zeus brother, i don't have the scans, but he sure has some feats that worth the mention. He survived every single attack 3 gods made on him ultimately achieving to reach Zeus, who then right away proceeds to struck him with a lightening. He didn't faint at all before the fight with Zeus. That's hardly surviving pretty much everything Thor would do, in a long, all drawn fight.
  • Yes it did, he was already harmed by a bunch of bs before reaching Zeus, then he suddenly strikes him with the lightening and falls, for a few seconds, >WITHOUT< fainting, the issue continues right away Hulk standing up and mocking Zeus... I knew you would recur to the Fanboy argument, childish attitude. I've shown you enough proof to show you how Thor WOULDN'T be able to ONE SHOT Hulk in like... Ever... Without getting some convenient plot enhancement. What do you have to show for Thor one shotting Hulk? 2-3 utterly inconsistent instances? Yeah, that's awfully reliable. That's not mentioning Hulk took 2 lightenings thrown by a pissed Zeus... Who is WAY above Thor which is a God of Thunder as well, and he wasn't KO'd till the end. *cheers*
  • Thor can beat Hulk 10/10 if using his all arsenal properly... Thor brawling with Hulk ends in a blond brute with a broken skull. There's no one shotting for anybody, they are pretty much equal. Anyway...

Look at that... Thor actually gets one shot'd by Hulk. Could it be considered as Hulk being able to one shot a guy that fought him plenty of times beating him/stalemating him/giving a way too good fight to him? Hell no. But hey, im the fanboy here, OBVIOUSLY.

Poseidon is neither the pantheon head of Greek Gods nor is he a heavenly father period. The whole point of 'sky' in sky-father speaks for itself as to why your perception of Poseidon fitting the bill doesn't cut it. Even in Greek Mythology Poseidon's rules supreme in his realm - everything else that isn't Hades is Zeus realm (the heavens) where Zeus is supreme and would soundly defeat all the gods combined. Him being Zeus' brother means as much as Thor being Zeus' uncle in Marvel - not much. He looks like he's out-cold momentarily from me - just Thor did years ago with the same thing.

Harmed but not remotely phased by the time he reaches Zues he shows no damage from previous attempts to impede his journey. Then Zeus goes about a beating that the Hulk flat out can't recover from for a while after. The Hulk's bravado aside as he's getting a beat-down - its clear Zeus just going fisti-cuffs with the Hulk momentarily was beyond the Hulk's ability to handle. I said was fanboyish to use this instance where the Hulk gets a god awful beating from a sky-father and turn around to say 'See Thor can't one-shot him!' it just comes off as ridiculous.

Thor doesn't need his full-arsenal - Nul couldn't even tag him on on one. Add Thor's base lightning he could knock the Hulk out rather easily given it's knocked out Gorr before.

I like the part where you post some silly scans from Avengers Assemble where the Hulk somehow completely over-powers Thor physical and knocks him out with Mjolnir for a bit. When you're arguing that the Hulk's fight with Zeus as evidence Thor can't one-shot him - yeah you kinda come off as a fanboy.

Which the context of that seems to be more on the boat of speculation. Largely Chaos King was laughing off a lot worse during Chaos War and focusing on this feat really undermines Thor standard showings which are good enough for bringing into debate.

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

In normal encounters the Hulk beats Thor most of the time...Here is a video of how i always pictured how the fight would go :) ..and don't tell me about his weapon that can create black holes and destroy 100 planets and so on...pls..The truth is Thor hasn't shown anything really impressive in recent memory except in his own comic...in every other one he just jobs hard (e.g. recent fight with the sentry(uncanny avengers) 2 times defeated in 2 issues)

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#496  Edited By bigcimmerian

Loading Video...

In normal encounters the Hulk beats Thor most of the time...Here is a video of how i always pictured how the fight would go :) ..and don't tell me about his weapon that can create black holes and destroy 100 planets and so on...pls..The truth is Thor hasn't shown anything really impressive in recent memory except in his own comic...in every other one he just jobs hard (e.g. recent fight with the sentry(uncanny avengers) 2 times defeated in 2 issues)

He punched amped Hulk aka Nul into orbit with one hit. That happened in Marvel's main event 2 years ago. He defeated Glory and hurt Chaos King. He cracked Galactus helmet, stalemated Silver Surfer, one shotted amped Thing etc. Is this enough?

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#497  Edited By isaac_clarke

@isaac_clarke:

I don't exactly see what you're seeing. He's not holding his chest to shoot Wolverine with the OF. He's holding his arm since the thing looks like it is dangling there. It looked more like he slashed him along the wrist in the initial panel, but the following looks like the elbow part is somewhat slashed through and dangling there. More like poor artistic misinterpretation.

But we don't see anything being cut or even blood (its not like the issue shy's away to it given the subsequent depiction of a very dead Hulk with a rock through his chest). We see Wolverine jump Thor slashing at his wrist and a subsequent punch by Thor to get Wolverine away as he turns his head to vaporize him. Thor's hand at the time is in a fist (that or grabbing the necklace) as he tilts toward his shoulder as if to smack Wolverine away. Then after fighting the Thing and the Hulk for hours we see a Thor missing an arm - without as much context as we'd like and we attribute it to Wolverine.

Either-way it's not a particular big deal since that King Thor had his share of great durability showings and bad ones. Given God of Thunder it seems like that arm is destined for falling off one way or another.

And the fight was only really bad if you bar context to it, but that's another debate for another day. I can see where you have the issue with the writer referring to Thor's asgardian hide and blah blah blah, but the point is it is a decent showing for his durability to withstand the claws like that in the first place, but you just seem to keep ignoring the main point about it, it won't last.

I get the general context of it: It's a versus issue and Thor dominating Wolverine would not be as fun. Decent durability showing - but implies his penetration durability is lower than Colossus' skin and that he is physically slower than the Hulk is given the latter strikes Wolverine almost without effort consistently. Its just a little eye roll worthy to see Wolverine give Thor a better fight than the Silver Surfer did while he was injured / see Thor struggling being cut - despite being stabbed repeatedly in his own series.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#498  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@ghostravage:

Gotta stop you right there mon ami... Current Hulk is consistently moving as a blur, there are already 17 issues i think of Indestructible Hulk and plenty of instances where his speed takes place. He's far from being a slouch in the speed department, anyway, Thor has never repeated such thing about KOing Hulk with a lightening and was pretty much debunked since i already shown how Hulk withstand being assaulted by 3 gods and Zeus lightening (which i consider WAY above Thor's since Zeus is the Thunder God sky-father)

I never said the guy was slow per se, just that Aquaman has been clocked at hypersonic speeds under water. So I can imagine the ocean of air we live in can't pose too much of a challenge to him. Especially in a combat situation. Hawkman is obviously a speedster, especially in the air. And yes, we agree that the scan of Thor one-zapping the Hulk should be regarded as an extraordinary accomplishment on his part. Outide of the norm, so to speak.;P

@alessandro_souzamarques:

Red Tornado (or even Tornado Tyrant) doesn't have weather control on Thor's level and is isn't on Universal level let alone Multiversal level. You said Tornado Tyrant can ravage hundreds of worlds at a time. Well, Thor can make cosmic hurricanes with winds of THOUSANDS OF WORLDS. Imagine thousand of worlds with planetary storm on each one of these worlds. All the wind you can gather on thousands of worlds and yet empowered by cosmic power and magic. This Cosmic Hurricane was enough to make a being slightly more powerful than a Bloodlusted Full powered Odin cry in pain. Thor could at least one shot K.O Aquaman and Hawkman at same time with this attack. Combine this Cosmic Hurricane with his lightning attacks (he could make both and combine them) that can make Chaos King scream in pain and no one is going to survive.

All well and good. Pretty impressive actually. The one problem I have with people saying Thor is going to just whip out these uber-powerful attacks on a moments notice are forgetting that while Thor is certainly capable of performing such feats when he puts his mind to it, he needs time to charge them up and fire them. God Blast, super ultra storm, all need time and (this detail is important) him being stationary to fully charge them before firing. You can't possibly believe that a telepath of Aquaman's stature, an elemental on par with his weather bending, a veteran Green Lantern with an attitude problem (and quite possibly a combination Lantern if everyone here is bloodlusted), etc.. are going to just stand around and gawk at him while he's charging up his super attacks? This isn't DBZ, bro. They'd be all over him like stink on sh*t, giving him no time to respond to the combination physical, psychic, and energy based onslaught.

@isaac_clarke:

That was me who said that, but you missed the context that I included in that statement. Hawkman with full gear means that he wouldn't only have his maces (one spiked, one covered in surface knobs), but he'd also have his nets, his throwing darts, his spear, his battle axe, and his swords. All made of Nth Metal. Not to mention the Claw of Horus. The guy has been a Cable-like character since the 40's in that he's ridiculously strapped at all times. Except with Nth Metal versions of archaic weapons. The mace probably wouldn't perform a decapitation due to it being a blunt force weapon, but his swords and battle axe are plenty sharp enough to do that job. IF indeed it ever came to that.

@darkraiden:

I don't see it but here's why. I don't see them outlasting Thor. Red Tornado's Tornado Tyrant thing is unfortunately wind, which won't affect Thor, the Water Hand hasn't shown many offensive abilities that affect Thor, if Steel was in Aegis maybe, but normally his hammer is strong, but not take out Thor strong, and Hawkman has the nth metal, but not really the means to take out Thor. But I'll give this, if the Water Hand was able to somehow disable Mjolnir, Steel was in Aegis, and Hawkman had everything on him (the eye of horus right?) then they could win probably 5-6/10. I just don't know much about Hawkman and Aquaman and thus I doubt their anti-magic abilities working on Mjolnir that has anti-magic itself, has Skyfather+ level magic in it and more.

collapsing the universe as collateral damage. But perhaps that's for a different thread, since he's not allowed to use it here. Thor's going to be under relentless telepathic, physical, and energy attacks from all sides. Not to mention if Steel decides to throw his hammer to Cleveland or somewhere else insane before Thor even arrives to unload it on him multiple times before the battle is over. But I must give you your props in acknowledging the team's ability to score wins if they work together using their abilities to the max combined with teamwork.

Good on you sir!

alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

@isaac_clarke:

And I don't see it that. I still see as him clutching his arm due to Wolverine slashing him. Like I said, more than likely artistic misinterpretation. But you're right, it's not a big deal, so I'll drop it.

You're still missing the general context of the story...again...It didn't imply his durability to piercing damage is lower than Colossus anyway. The only reason people pull up the whole Colossus thing up is from one training session they had. Wolverine didn't want to seriously harm him. I could just as easily bring up the multiple instances of Colossus saying Wolverine can cut him to the bone if he wished. And like I said, considering Wolverine has feats of cutting characters like Thanos and Gladiator, along with the rest of the laundry list of bricks he has don so, him doing the damage he did to Thor was more of a showing for Thor than it was Logan.