• 135 results
#1 Edited by XiiX (9154 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1496 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#3 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@XiiX: What are the battle conditions?

#4 Posted by XiiX (9154 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: In character. Win by any means(except BFR).

#5 Posted by Mattersuit (4280 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to say Thor.

#6 Posted by Simon_the_digger (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#7 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor isn't fast enough to hit Jay with anything other than an AOE attack. Does anyone know how hard Jay can hit? If he's able to hit as hard as Wally, he'll stomp Thor pretty badly.

#8 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baldy said:

Thor isn't fast enough to hit Jay with anything other than an AOE attack. Does anyone know how hard Jay can hit? If he's able to hit as hard as Wally, he'll stomp Thor pretty badly.

Jay(when fighting Teth) fought as fast as "lightning bolts."

Thor has traveled that same speed(in combat). I don't think Jay can hit as hard as Wally can, otherwise Jay should've one shot Teth in the fight.

#9 Posted by jamesisaacs (214 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor kills the mortal trash!

#10 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna say Thor, though Jay is much faster, he's not as powerful or resourceful as the other Flashes

#11 Posted by SHAZAM117 (3590 posts) - - Show Bio

Thunder God ftw

#12 Posted by Bo88gdan (4522 posts) - - Show Bio

@jamesisaacs said:

Thor kills the mortal trash!

#13 Posted by Frozen (15135 posts) - - Show Bio

People are severely under-estimating Jay here. I'll have to say Jay on this one, while Thor is stronger and more durable, Jay is much faster in close-quarters combat. Current Thor struggles to keep up with Quicksilver, let alone Jay Garrick. Classic Thor would most likely win, but unless specified, the OP shows Current Thor. Jay takes this, he's simply too fast.

#14 Posted by XiiX (9154 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 Posted by Fenderzenders (65 posts) - - Show Bio

Um do people not realize that Jay could simply steal his speed? There is nothing Thor can do about it. He loses, badly

#16 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

@XiiX said:

Such an enlightening post.

@Frozen said:

People are severely under-estimating Jay here. I'll have to say Jay on this one, while Thor is stronger and more durable, Jay is much faster in close-quarters combat. Current Thor struggles to keep up with Quicksilver, let alone Jay Garrick. Classic Thor would most likely win, but unless specified, the OP shows Current Thor. Jay takes this, he's simply too fast.

Yeah, I don't really see how he's going to be able to touch him.

#17 Posted by XiiX (9154 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baldy: Glad I could help, Baldy.

#18 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@Frozen said:

Classic and Current Thor are the same being.

#19 Posted by YoungJustice (6887 posts) - - Show Bio

@Frozen said:

#20 Posted by Killemall (18640 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

I'm gonna say Thor, though Jay is much faster, he's not as powerful or resourceful as the other Flashes

Well he does have speed steal, one touch and he can take away his speed, Jay has done this to superman (while he did not drain all his speed, he did steal his speed, slowed him down and accelerated himself), i see no reason why he couldnt do exactly that to Thor, maybe turn him into a statue, that would be win via incapacitation.

#21 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Jay run faster than the lightning? Because if that is not the case, I guess even an immobile Thor could strike him with his control over elements.

On a side note, I think those two would very likely get along well together After all they're both old guys.

#22 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: I did not know Jay had speed steal, I thought only Wally did that

#23 Edited by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

Jay wins.

He'll just do what he did to Superman.

@DocFatalis said:

Does Jay run faster than the lightning? Because if that is not the case, I guess even an immobile Thor could strike him with his control over elements.

On a side note, I think those two would very likely get along well together After all they're both old guys.

He's much faster than lightning.

@Jayfournines said:

Wally taught Jay how to do it.

#24 Posted by Killemall (18640 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

Yeah like blackadamFTW explained, Wally taught Jay how to during last part of Flash volume 3.

Here's the scan:

#25 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: that's pretty damn cool....gotta go with Jay then

#26 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fenderzenders said:

Um do people not realize that Jay could simply steal his speed? There is nothing Thor can do about it. He loses, badly

how about thor just stays in the air and rain lighting down on jay

#27 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thunder God.

#28 Posted by jashro44 (23803 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackofspades said:

@Fenderzenders said:

Jay is a lot faster then quicksilver. And thor has a habit of fighting people on there terms.

#29 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@jackofspades said:

@Fenderzenders said:

Jay is a lot faster then quicksilver. And thor has a habit of fighting people on there terms.

thor is not dumb,he will not just stay on the ground if its not working he will take it to the air and then bye bye jay

#30 Posted by 8bitGangsta (392 posts) - - Show Bio

Jay

#31 Posted by rpottage (895 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on which version. Pre-52 Jay would likely lose in the end because typically he's shown as being weaker than the other Flashes due to his age. However New-52 Jay is 21 years old, and was giving his spee by the God Mercury; so he would be too fast for Thor with the youth to keep going longer and faster than Pre-52 Jay.

So Pre-52 Jay loses. New-52 Jay wins.

#32 Posted by Fenderzenders (65 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpottage:Either version of Jay wins. 52 Jay is younger, pre 52 has better feats

@jackofspades: Thor isn't going to start off in the air. He's going to start off swinging his hammer like a moron trying to hit Jay while Jay beats him senseless. If Jay isn't getting anywhere with punches he'll steal his speed.

Thor is very stupid also. By the time he thinks of flying into the air it'll be too late

#33 Posted by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate via speed steal

#34 Posted by Billy Batson (58274 posts) - - Show Bio

Speed steal ftw.
BB

#35 Posted by jashro44 (23803 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackofspades: Thor has almost never (possibly never) done this tactic against hulk ever. I see no reason he will do this to Jay.

#36 Posted by Frozen (15135 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

@Frozen said:

I know that. But Classic Thor is completely different to Current Thor, Current Thor doesn't even hold a candle to Classic Thor in terms of power.

#37 Posted by Killemall (18640 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackofspades said:

thor is not dumb,he will not just stay on the ground if its not working he will take it to the air and then bye bye jay

Thor doesnt have to stay on ground forever, just long enough for Jay to get a hand on him. And given the fact that Hulk has no problem tagging him, and entire Thor villians, no one has combat speed so to speak of apart from Loki and perhaps Malikath, and Jay is much faster than them i dont see that being a problem at all.

#38 Posted by Primarch (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@Frozen said:

@xxxddd said:

@Frozen said:

I know that. But Classic Thor is completely different to Current Thor, Current Thor doesn't even hold a candle to Classic Thor in terms of power.

I believe the argument he's referencing is that whatever Classic Thor could do, Current Thor can call upon as a legitimate feat as Marvel doesn't have retcon events like DC does.

#39 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fenderzenders said:

@rpottage:Either version of Jay wins. 52 Jay is younger, pre 52 has better feats

@jackofspades: Thor isn't going to start off in the air. He's going to start off swinging his hammer like a moron trying to hit Jay while Jay beats him senseless. If Jay isn't getting anywhere with punches he'll steal his speed.

Thor is very stupid also. By the time he thinks of flying into the air it'll be too late

You are very one sided on this to call thor a moron when he has live for 100s of years and with that there can not be a real debate with you
#40 Posted by Frozen (15135 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primarch said:

@Frozen said:

@xxxddd said:

@Frozen said:

I believe the argument he's referencing is that whatever Classic Thor could do, Current Thor can call upon as a legitimate feat as Marvel doesn't have retcon events like DC does.

Thar argument isn't really valid. Consistency kills that argument.

#41 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@jackofspades: Thor has almost never (possibly never) done this tactic against hulk ever. I see no reason he will do this to Jay.

And thats is the writers doing just to make it a great fight
#42 Posted by KingAres109 (1295 posts) - - Show Bio

Jay Garrick

#43 Posted by jashro44 (23803 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackofspades: No its not its thors character. He once literally asked odin to take away his abilities so he can brawl with hulk in a fair fight. He once let hulk taunt him to throwing his hammer a way and engaged hulk in another brawl. He brawls constantly against ulik as well. And Kurse....

#44 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primarch said:

Exactly.

#45 Posted by spawn_123 (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#46 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@jackofspades: No its not its thors character. He once literally asked odin to take away his abilities so he can brawl with hulk in a fair fight. He once let hulk taunt him to throwing his hammer a way and engaged hulk in another brawl. He brawls constantly against ulik as well. And Kurse....

and yet he still wins and if i may its still the writers thats speaking for him,see here on comicvine we take out all that pis crap writers do in comics to make the story better and let the character be at there best,so with that thor wins easy

#47 Posted by Anarkyreigns007 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

jay would kill thor with ease. thor would soil himself lol

#48 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@jackofspades said:

Thor doesnt have to stay on ground forever, just long enough for Jay to get a hand on him. And given the fact that Hulk has no problem tagging him, and entire Thor villians, no one has combat speed so to speak of apart from Loki and perhaps Malikath, and Jay is much faster than them i dont see that being a problem at all.

that is abc logic that you are using iam sure jay has been tag by slow villains also

#49 Posted by beatboks1 (7417 posts) - - Show Bio

@DocFatalis said:

Yes he can run at light speed. Lightning doesn't move at light speed it's moving electrons.

@Jayfournines said:

Jay lost his link to the speed Force for a while when Wally was absorbed. When Wally returned he got it back and with it the speed steal.

@Jayfournines said:

The underlined is completely incorrect. jay is more resourceful than the other Flashes. For one thing he's a scientist (not just a forensic one ). He unlike the other Flashes has actually fought in the air and taken opponents down regularly in the Air. he understands momentum and has simply run up buildings and used the momentum of said run to launch himself at flying opponents. he has created wind vortex's with his arms and kicked with his feet as if swimming. As for powerful he is every bit as capable of the same speeds as the rest of the Flash Clan (and did so more often in his younger years ) the difference is that due to his age he can't maintain them for as long because it pushes up his heart rate and he can have a heart attack if he maintains faster than light speeds for more than a few minutes.

He still sees and reacts with the same reaction speed.

Aside from absorbing Supes speed he has done it to Black Adam. he used that to break the time barrier

He can still vibrate his molecules and pass through solid objects

I however as a fan of both Jay and Thor wont vote on who wins (whoever does i loose)

#50 Posted by Killemall (18640 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackofspades said:

that is abc logic that you are using iam sure jay has been tag by slow villains also

Ok you either did not read what i typed or didnt not understand, i am presuming its the latter.

Everyone gets tagged by slow people from Thor to Silver Surfer, to Flash and Zoom.

What i am however saying is , all Jay need is to touch Thor once, and zap his speed is gone. And given the fact that Jay is much faster it shouldnt be a problem.

Also there is a big difference between being tagged by slow people to being outright blitz by slow people which is something that has happened to Thor.