Thor vs Hulk vs Silver Surfer

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251  Edited By Experio

@carter_esque: Why are you acting as if Thor was using the full extent of his powers? Stop making excuses that can go both ways. Thor defeated Surfer fairly.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid_people: Of-course, now I'm sure you've seen the feat were that same board was unable to catch Mjolnir, where it transcends time and space, returned from the farthest corner of the galaxy under 60 secs (under Odins command)

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@carter_esque: Why are you acting as if Thor was using the full extent of his powers? Stop making excuses that can go both ways. Thor defeated Surfer fairly.

lol well excuse me, I guess it just "looked" like Surfer wasn't trying hardat all in their most recent encounter. And @NorrinBoltagonPrime21 already debunked the case you made about their earlier fight bc SS wasn't holding back while Thor clearly wasn't. My point is that Thor can't beat SS in a fair fight where there aren't any plot shields or conditions set up for him to win. Surfer is too versatile for Thor and he has yet to fight w/ the full extent of his power in any of their fights, End of Story.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blood lusted

surfer

thor

hulk

in character

surfer

hulk

thor.

Stupid_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio: Doesn't it seem a little odd to you the ONLY time Mjolnir has outraced Norrin is under Odin's command? SS has crossed millions of light years in seconds so "farthest corner of the galaxy" isn't too impressive.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carter_esque: It supposedly 'looked' like it because that's how you want to see it, your friend NorrinBoltagon was wrong, Surfer and Thor were both blood-lusted when Thor laid the hammer down o him. So that 'Surfer was holding back' excuse isn't gonna cut it, nor will 'he wasn't using his versatility' when it blatantly goes both ways. There's no need to complain because the person you want to win lost. Deal with it.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid_people: It wasn't Odin controlling Mjolnir when it outraced Norrin, that was Thor. Odin was involved with the 60 sec feat.

Stupid_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio: Either way, though Norrin was indeed trying to catch it he was definately not going his fastest feat wise so why should we consider it faster than he? Not to mention Thor still has to throw it faster than norrin can blitz. Which I doubt. (Bloodlust on of course)

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blood lusted

surfer

thor

hulk

in character

surfer

hulk, thor (stalemate)

Fixed

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@carter_esque: It supposedly 'looked' like it because that's how you want to see it, your friend NorrinBoltagon was wrong, Surfer and Thor were both blood-lusted when Thor laid the hammer down o him. So that 'Surfer was holding back' excuse isn't gonna cut it, nor will 'he wasn't using his versatility' when it blatantly goes both ways. There's no need to complain because the person you want to win lost. Deal with it.

Prove that SS was blood-lusted in that fight... w/ complete scans this time.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261  Edited By Experio
Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By Experio

@stupid_people: Because he was determined to catch it, but the hammer was 'so fast' and eventually 'too fast'

Stupid_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio: It was "so fast" but never "too fast". It entered a wormhole(?) and was out of his reach. It never looked like he couldnt catch up, he was just too late.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@experio said:

@norrinboltagonprime21: Incorrect, both were blood-lusted.

No, they weren't. Actions>words. There is nothing to suggest that during that fight, Surfer was bloodlusted.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By Carter_esque

@experio said:

@carter_esque: See for your-self, page 5, post 204.

Again, context is important. SS was admitting to no longer holding back from "fighting" Thor, not from from holding back his potential. You just twisted around his words to conveniently support your argument... do better. SS stomps base Thor and from the looks of things, you're one of the only users in this thread who can't seem to comprehend that due to being blinded by your loyal "fan goggles".

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#266  Edited By SC  Moderator

@carter_esque said:

lol well excuse me, I guess it just "looked" like Surfer wasn't trying hardat all in their most recent encounter. And already debunked the case you made about their earlier fight bc SS wasn't holding back while Thor clearly wasn't.

Surfer was trying as much as Thor was. You have to remember or be aware that Matt Fraction was heavily inspired by Kirby and Stan's run and was aiming for the sci fi cosmic mythological blend of tone set by Kirby/Lee. Writers like Fraction, Stan Lee, Kirby, Gillen, JMS don't really care about 90 percent of the things a lot of Battles forum posters care about or think is important, Thor and Silver Surfer have always been contemporaries. Fraction's take on both characters was writing both as a bit more cocky than many other writers in modern times, both were criticized as being out of character for more reasons than that though. Fraction also had Thor inflicting a large dent against Surfer's head, Thor was being aggressive and cocky, Surfer was being reserved and cocky, fight ended with no clear winner and enough room for lots of people to draw various fair conclusions. It was also Thor's book, so Thor has to be written looking as impressive. Of course if someone wants to try to undermine Fractions writing here, thats pretty easy as well, he can ignore large chucks of characters histories.

For the other Thor and Silver Surfer scans, that was in Blood and Thunder. Jim Starlin is a pretty big Thor fan as well and a pretty big Kirby fan too, its really no surprise that he would write Thor beating Silver Surfer mind you Thor was unhinged and crazy during that arc, so much so that some Asgardians believed he suffered from Warriors Madness, he didn't actually have that but he was acting unusual and not showing any restraint. Silver Surfer was also shown to not be restraining himself either, probably because the writers didn't want to shortchange fans by giving an ambiguous situation. Writers like Starlin and Kirby don't always show restraint with pacifism, Thor also use to be a character known for his restraint, it was a part of the humility package that defined him for around 30 years, so Blood and Thunder was one of the few instances we got to see both characters go for it. Then again if someone wishes to undermine Starlin's writing then thats pretty easy too, arguably he tended not to give Silver Surfer too many good showings. Hope that helps with context. Heh heh.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By Experio

@norrinboltagonprime21: @carter_esque: Incorrect, Surfer was not holding back and was utilizing his potential. Both the context and image back the statement up, the wikis, respect threads have all interpreted Surfer as being bloodlusted for a good reason. You don't want to accept the conclusion, i'm not here to convince

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stupid_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By Stupid_People

@experio: In the small amount of time he had while not going his fastest? Weird right?

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By Experio

@stupid_people: He had time to catch but Mjolnir was going speeds beyond he could move. Thats why he complimented so fast, it proved to be faster. There was no reason for Surfer to hold back his speed.

Stupid_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio: No reason but yet he wasn't doing anything near his higher feats. And not only did it get a head start, he caught up until it disappeared into the hole. This whole thread has been you trying so hard to change everything to compliment Thor, but it's not working man, people know better than that. Not only is he not fast enough, but he is not powerful enough to win against a smart and serious SS.

I'm done here.

*Stupid_People died later that night choking on a piece of pizza, and was never heard from on this thread again.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor wins.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By Experio

@stupid_people: Please explain to me how you can tell he wasnt going max? Did the writer tell you? Cause the art wasnt the same as his high end feat? Surfer was determined to catch Mjolnir but failed, the accusation of he could have caught it is an assumption based on 'if'. I interpret a scan on what I see and understand, not change it to fit my criteria.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#274  Edited By NighThunder

This seriously isn't a fight. Anyone i'll do a cav, thor vs surffer. Right now. S drains hulk and one xhos thor. Easy.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12:

This wasn't bloodlusted Thor, it was rather a Thor showing Hulk a pitty, this happened before Your scan:

No Caption Provided

Thor wasn't fighting anymore. IT just proves, he never wanted to really harm Hulk.

And it doesn't prove that Hulk would be able to tank Thor's best lightning. You would have to prove that Hulk's energy durability is greater and that he can fight and win with over-planetary level threats.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By Erkan12

@carter_esque said:

Wrong. Thor has legitimately beaten the Hulk more times on panel. The Hulk has only beaten Thor when Mjolnir hasn't been in his hand. Even though Hulk possesses more brute strength, Thor's durability is off the charts and his offensive arsenal is way too versatile. I hate admitting it too bc I'm a huge supporter of Hulk and I've never really cared for Thor.

All scans about mindless Hulk and Thor fights shows that they are equal rivals, Hulk won some rounds and Thor won some.

---hulk vs thor match ups---

And as you see this is mindless, stupid Hulk. After planet hulk-wwh , hulk become much more stronger than that since he can control his movements and his mind, and this means Hulk has superiority on Thor. Unless there is some new scans shows that Thor can match up with new advanced Hulk.

No. If SS is using the full extent of his potential (which he hasn't on panel) then I'm confident that he'd stomp base-level Thor every time.

His potential means nothing, unless he decide to use it. In all scans between Thor vs. SS shows that SS is not superior to Thor. If you have some scan SS beating Thor, then i can change my mind.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By bigcimmerian

This seriously isn't a fight. Anyone i'll do a cav, thor vs surffer. Right now. S drains hulk and one xhos thor. Easy.

All of Silver Surfer and Thor fights ended with no winner, or the winner was Thor.

DB14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By DB14

1. SS

2. Thor

3. Hulk

Lobo11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just watch it.

Loading Video...

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: Unless those fights were post ahniliation and Loeb wasn't writing then they don't count, as surfer has always been dipicted as the superior.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: Unless those fights were post ahniliation and Loeb wasn't writing then they don't count, as surfer has always been dipicted as the superior.

One of them was post annihiliation.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: one where he litteraly beat surfur fair, and surfuer wasn't holding back?

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: one where he litteraly beat surfur fair, and surfuer wasn't holding back?

One where both of them were fighting to beat each other up, no idea if they were holding back, but Thor was still hurt from the wound he got several issues before Surfer fight, so he was weakened a bit.

mike01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By mike01

Please correct me if I am wrong but Stan Lee's opinion of THOR holds too much weight here. Jack Kirby had his hand in each of these characters even more so than Lee. They evolved over time and individual writers opinion weighs less than characters evolution. HULK has beat surfer on a few occasions and always beats THOR.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

1) Thor 2) Surfer 3) Hulk

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Hulk confused as too what Hulk be doing fighting characters with super speed.

Chichen_Nuggeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287  Edited By Chichen_Nuggeg

Doesn't Silver Surfer heavily outclass both Hulk and Thor?

Should be a win for SS.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor has beaten silver surfer many times and he is supposed to be as strong as hulk and has more powers than hulk. Thor should win this. He has hut Norrin without his hammer before too

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hulk confused as too what Hulk be doing fighting characters with super speed.

Flexing your pecs is always the answer.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By dondave

Surfer

Avatar image for theamazingbatman
theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1 : odinson

2 : SS

3 :hulk

TBEMrMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor>Silver Surfer>Hulk

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295  Edited By Erkan12

It is very close.

God-Magma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Silver Surfer- Too strong and fast

2. Thor- Would lose to Silver Surfer

3.Hulk- He is just a non factor and would get stomped by Thor and would get destroyed by Silver Surfer.

-GM

Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SS

Thor

Hulk

Avatar image for maninthemountain
ManInTheMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299  Edited By Erkan12

@maninthemountain: I didn't see anything impressive from SS in these match-ups, except that ''Draining gamma radiation'' (which is not winning more like cheating) SS never won any single match against Thor or Hulk in Earth-616.

Hulk's superiority is certain against Thor without Mjolnir ;

No Caption Provided

Hulk vs. Surfer ;

No Caption Provided

Hulk lands some serious blows to Silver Surfer ;

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

And here, I showed this to you before though ;

No Caption Provided

Silver Surfer : Mjolnir is mightier than my cosmic force !

Also I recommend this blog, it is well prepared by Cimino ;

http://hero-envy.blogspot.com.tr/2012/05/thor-vs-silver-surfer.html

Strength and Durability: Hulk
Skill and Mindset: Thor
Overall Versatility: Silver Surfer
SilverGalford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers