#101 Posted by CaptnMcDeadpool (913 posts) - - Show Bio

In character, it seems Hulk is usually bested whenever he faces off against a Silver Surfer (who is actually trying). Thor in turn seems to usually defeat the Surfer. Thor and Hulk normally stalemate.

I suppose if we consider the fight without any of the atypical PIS it would have to go to the Surfer over both the other two, who is far faster than either of them.

#102 Posted by Perethorn (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Surfer wins.

He can take Hulk with relative ease using his cosmic powers and avoiding a direct confrontation. Thor will be taken out in a close fight.

#103 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer>Thor=Hulk

Hulk and Thor are equal because Thor is too dumb

#104 Posted by GhostRavage (8247 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer>Thor=Hulk

QFT

#105 Edited by gav (432 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see Thor beating Surfer or Surfer beating Thor. It's a toss up. If Hulk is WWH or WBH he's right in the mix too. If I had to choose, and they were going "all out", I'd say Thor > Surfer > Hulk.

#106 Posted by GhostRavage (8247 posts) - - Show Bio

@gav said:

I can see Thor beating Surfer or Surfer beating Thor. It's a toss up. If Hulk is WWH or WBH he's right in the mix too. If I had to choose, and they were going "all out", I'd say Thor > Surfer > Hulk.

If we're going all out Surfer solos...

#107 Posted by New_World_Order (12338 posts) - - Show Bio
#108 Posted by CharlieJade (422 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk NEVER BEAT Surfer

The fight was completely fixed because Hulk has zero chance against a normal Silver Surfer

Hulk and his planet Hulk buddies, fought a crippled silver savage a silver guy with no speed, no energy blasts, no flight, no molecule manipulation....nothing, just silver strength

This was silver savage depowered beaten up, put in a wheelchair and thrown into a roman style Colosseum

the weak silver savage almost kills Hulk and his planethulk buddies only using his strength

forfucksake Hulkfanboys, the fight was rigged and Hulk almost lost

you guys should stop referring to this battle its embarassing

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/28028/712374-friend9.jpg

Hulk and his buddies almost lost a strength contest against a crippled and depowered silver savage

#109 Posted by SPM1M (782 posts) - - Show Bio

@supernategames said:

Surfer>Thor=Hulk

QFT

Yes this is the answer Surfer seems to job alot especially to Thor but all PIS aside Surfer should stomp, its sad that Thor has been nerfed so bad from his classic days he is now considered Hulk's equal and to many Hulk's inferior....... oh well

#110 Posted by GhostRavage (8247 posts) - - Show Bio

@spm1m: Not so much... I think its already accepted in the vine that if Thor doesn't brawl with Hulk its pretty much likely that he wins without much effort... However, him brawling with Hulk its CIS and based on comics Thor should be inferior to Hulk when it comes to physical attributes...

#111 Posted by SPM1M (782 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@thundergodswrath said:

@dondave: You pit Hulk above Thor?

If Thor was smarter and actually used all his abilities on a regular a basis I'd take him over Hulk, but the guy fights like an idiot; prefering to brawl instead of using his more exotic power leading me to beleive that Hulk would beat him more times than not

this is actually comic book fact, Thor by many is considered to be Hulks inferior due to his "brawling" style of combat, as it seems thor just cant compete with Hulk anymore

#112 Posted by SPM1M (782 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: True... i mean i do believe thor in an all out match should best Hulk but the way writers have been nerfing thor and turning him into a mindless brawler adds up to thor actually stalemating hulk or losing to hulk especially wen u bring up WBH. Thor has been bested not just by hulk but by other characters who in all respect he should be able to beat like rulk, sentry, crimson dynamo, ulik, and they just keep adding up. thor gets weaker while hulk gets stronger but i havent read any marvel books since marvel NOW started aside from Ironman and a bit of the indestructible hulk so i could be wrong

#113 Posted by GhostRavage (8247 posts) - - Show Bio

@spm1m: I believe Ultimate Marvel Thor is a boss, CadenceV2 has some pretty good scans about Thor being a boss... However, Thor is getting weaker because of CIS, however, his character has very high potential as he has proven some times... Anyway, i think Hulk should be above anyone in physical attributes because his character has some sort of design to be like that... Some kind of destination towards the real "strongest there is". But as everyone admits... Versatility>>>>>>>Physical attributes in most of times...

#114 Edited by mancannon80k (75 posts) - - Show Bio
#115 Posted by MrPhoenix (312 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is written pretty badly these days, in Hickman's Avengers he practically got one shotted by Hulk and then tied to a tree, then his power is made to look inferior compared to Hyperion in the Terminus fight.

#116 Posted by GhettoSwag (151 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor - Teleports hulk in the middle of no where and negates surfers crappy cosmic power

Surfer - Speed blitzes hulk but still not as fast as thor at full speed

hulk - he cant do shit but punch the ground and stamp his feat whihc is pretty much useless gainst SS and Thor

#117 Posted by MrPhoenix (312 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghettoswag: Hulk has beaten Thor before so i'm pretty sure he does more than stamp his feet, and you think Thor is faster than Surfer? you need educating.

#118 Posted by dum529001 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk vs Thor

You can have as many tricks as you want but if you don't have enough power you still can't really win. Since Hulk power knows no bounds, increasing according to stress, you must beat him other ways since he can't be destroyed.

Thor has a variety of things he can do with the power of Mjolnir. Although without Mjolnir, Thor can't have any sort of victory. Without Mjolnir he'd have rely on raw power instead of clever tricks and magic in combination with his own power in order to win. Relying on raw power isn't a viable option for Thor because Thor's strength has limit but the Hulk's has none. The best Thor can do, even with his hammer to help him, are two things.

Those two options are:

A. banish him to another realm or

B. knock him out.

Option A is far easier to do than option B. Even though option B is a possible to do, its pretty hard.

Thor usually doesn't try option A because of his warriors pride, wanting to show off his strength and wanting to forget that raw strength is Hulk's department and not his.

Thor vs Silver Surfer

I think the fights between Thor and Silver Surfer is a toss up.

#120 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5388 posts) - - Show Bio

If all characters are fighting smartly

1. Surfer
  2. Thor
  3. Hulk

#121 Posted by GhettoSwag (151 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrphoenix: Thor has been shown to move at 3x faster than light... Thor allways hollds back against hulk.. If thor wanted to take hulk out he wud just tp him to nowhere

#122 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

Where are people getting this stuff that Thor has always beat silver surfer, I can remember maybe onetime where Thor beat him in he had the power gem and was in warrior madness. Surfer has bested Thor at least twice that I know of out right, the time he was mind controlled by Loki comes to mind. Now granted Thor has the power to beat surfer with use of his upper to max powers and his fighting skill, but on average he loses to surfer, and he usually loses to hulk trying to slug it out with him. Surfer has beat both in fights, and he's the most versatile here so he would win this

#123 Posted by Bezza (3269 posts) - - Show Bio

1. SS, 2- Hulk, 3, Thor. (simply based on their encounters to date).. Hulk takes Thor, SS takes Hulk for the win!

#124 Edited by PreCrisisFlea (68 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor beats Surfer or Hulk

Surfer beats Hulk.

Thor vs Hulk is a closer fight than Surfer vs Hulk, but only because Thor doesn't fight bruisers the way Surfer does, i.e. he's not going to shrink, god-blast, or space-warp-away the Hulk, while Surfer would be willing and able to cut Hulk off from his extradimensional source of strength.

#125 Posted by jashro44 (19156 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver surfer wins. I do think Thor beats hulk however.

#126 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4517 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor has my vote.

#127 Edited by Superme (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't the Silver Surfer himself once stated that Mjolnir alone possesses more energy than the entire 'cosmic energy supply' the Surfer uses? (I'm new to comics so correct me if I am wrong)

So I think Thor > Silver Surfer > Hulk

#128 Posted by dondave (33410 posts) - - Show Bio

SS

#129 Posted by comic_book_fan (5184 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk beats thor surfer beats hulk.

#130 Edited by XiiX (7117 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer traps them in his board after turning them into toasters after manipulating molecules to materialize black-holes in their heads after turning intangible and fuking with them in the astral-plane(where he's supposedly "unbeatable) all in a nano-second at the same time after blitzing them with his light-speed combat reflexes.

Surfer stomps everyone below Thanos. No exceptions.

#131 Posted by New_World_Order (12338 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly don't see why people put Surfer above Thor. In all there encounters they have fought on equal grounds. Yes Surfer is more versatile, but Mjolnir can pretty much counter everything. Transmution has never worked on Thor to my know knowledge and it's highly likely Mjolnir would counter it some how. As for Surfer being a lot faster ththan Thor, partially. Surfer doesn't really fly fast but enters hyperspace to travel to his destination, which has been shown plently of times throughout his comics. He has basically one nano second reaction feat from his classic days, and a couple of other fast ones from that era too. If you want to go and use classic feats for Surfer, same can be used for Thor. So to be honest there is not an advantage over Thor like people may think, and as for Hulk...he's last place. He only beats or stalemates Thor because Thor brawls with him. Even I can admit Hulk is physically superior to Thor, although Thor strikes harder with Mjolnir. (Thor God Of Thunder has a good representation of that. If Thor was to fight with his weather manipulation and other powers he would actually stomp Hulk. There was a comic that basically showed that Hulk was physically stronger, but Thor was obviously more powerful. Surfer on the other hand does not care, he will defeat Hulk in any way he see's fit. He has completely drained Hulk in the past for the easy win. I see the same thing happening. Basically what I'm saying is Thor vs Silver Surfer can go either way, while Hulk cannot defeat either unless they fight physically.

#132 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor beats Surfer

Surfer beats Hulk

Hulk beats Thor

#133 Posted by Plax (92 posts) - - Show Bio

The only time Hulk beats Thor is when Thor holds back as most people do against Hulk due to Banner. When Thor was not holding back, having his Odinforce stripped and only one arm, he killed Hulk and Thing.

Hulk isn't versatile enough to deal with either Silver Surfer or Thor.

As for Silver Surfer vs Thor, it's 50/50. Thor has had low showings with his speed which make people think he is slow. Surfer is faster but its not that big of a gap. Silver Surfer has stated that Mjolnir is greater than his Power Cosmic, it's just how Thor fights with it which doesn't use its full abilities. Physically, I think they're a match as Surfer can amp himself though I think Thor is more durable. Surfer is more versatile but that doesn't mean Thor isn't with Anti force, Thermo blast and God Blast. Essentially, I think it comes down to the extent Thor uses Mjolnir and its abilities to counter Surfer.

#134 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio
@plax said:
Silver Surfer has stated that Mjolnir is greater than his Power Cosmic, it's just how Thor fights with it which doesn't use its full abilities.

Silver Surfer stated that many decades ago and since then he got few power upgrades. I personally don't think that Mjolnir still outclasses Silver Surfer's power cosmic.

By now I would give Silver Surfer a slight advantage in the fight, if they would go fully out. What Silver Surfer did to Beta Ray Bill was scary, but that instance was overall weird.

#135 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@plax said:

The only time Hulk beats Thor is when Thor holds back as most people do against Hulk due to Banner. When Thor was not holding back, having his Odinforce stripped and only one arm, he killed Hulk and Thing.

Hulk holds back all the time too, what's your point? Hulk has beaten Thor on panel, which is way more important to determine a victor than hypothetical encounters.

#136 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

- SS

- Thor

- Hulk

#137 Posted by Plax (92 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: That wasn't a hypothetical. It was canon at the time. The timeline changed afterwards. My point is Hulk doesn't beat Thor. Thor holds back more than Hulk due to the mindsets in battle. Also, most of the battle are brawling, if Thor used his variety of powers, Hulk wouldn't stand a chance.

Hulk is strong but Surfer and Thor are too versatile for him.

#138 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@plax said:

@green_skaar: That wasn't a hypothetical. It was canon at the time. The timeline changed afterwards. My point is Hulk doesn't beat Thor. Thor holds back more than Hulk due to the mindsets in battle. Also, most of the battle are brawling, if Thor used his variety of powers, Hulk wouldn't stand a chance.

Hulk is strong but Surfer and Thor are too versatile for him.

Hulk has beaten Thor, fact. Also Hulk holds back *almost* all the time, fact. We don't have to imagine who would win, like DC vs Marvel battles. Versatility only means so much when your face is being smashed.

#139 Edited by Plax (92 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: Thor has beaten Hulk too and it's not imagining who would win, it's looking at the context of the battle and seeing if its an accurate reflection of the powers of who's fighting. Thor in the fights has not fought to the best of his abilities so therefore the battles aren't concrete in the same way that Spiderman beating Firelord isn't because of the gulf in class between the two.

As for versatility, it means a lot as all Hulk can do it smash your face, the others can trade blows as well as use energy blasts and in the case of Thor, weather manipulation which has KO'ed Hulk before.

#140 Posted by Immortal777 (6684 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Surfer>Thor any other way and you're a hater.

#141 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@plax said:

@green_skaar: Thor has beaten Hulk too and it's not imagining who would win, it's looking at the context of the battle and seeing if its an accurate reflection of the powers of who's fighting. Thor in the fights has not fought to the best of his abilities so therefore the battles aren't concrete in the same way that Spiderman beating Firelord isn't because of the gulf in class between the two.

As for versatility, it means a lot as all Hulk can do it smash your face, the others can trade blows as well as use energy blasts and in the case of Thor, weather manipulation which has KO'ed Hulk before.

Hulk has AOE energy attacks too, thunderclaps. He also can leap into the air to grab fliers. He's not just strength/durability/regeneration.

#142 Posted by Plax (92 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: Compared to the other two, his range is limited. Not saying Hulk is as simple as some people make him out to be, it's just the range powers that Silver Surfer and Thor which is why he's outclassed in versatility.

#143 Posted by Plax (92 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru: I completely forgot about that. I guess the post annihilation upgrade would've given the edge to Surfer so I guess instead of 50/50, I'd give a majority to Surfer though Thor could take some wins depending on how he fights.

#144 Posted by Egemensson (160 posts) - - Show Bio

thor

#145 Edited by Lvenger (17875 posts) - - Show Bio
#146 Edited by Cable_Extreme (8086 posts) - - Show Bio

I see Hulk being the weaker link, Surfer or Thor will probably bring the fight to the air, if not in space "in reality" to prevent earth from being too damaged by thier godlike power. Hulk is a problem for Thor lately, but i see him most likely being beaten by Silver Surfers power cosmic. Thor on the other hand, if he enters warriors madness will be a huge challenge and could possibly beat silver surfer due to the fact that his mace negates the power of the power cosmic. I think Silver Surfer even said somewhere that Mjolnir was more powerful than his power cosmic which disproves the theory that SS can solo. If BFR counts as a win, thor can either port the hulk somewhere, or either of them could hit him to space and watch him wiggle arround while they fight eachother. Thor is been shown weaker lately, but I believe it could also be that he has been holding back. His earlyer feats prove he still has the potential to beat the surfer.

#147 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio
#148 Edited by KenLeo101 (213 posts) - - Show Bio

if thor dosen't throw his hammer at ss board because it broke before, besides that SS wins

#149 Posted by ChristhecomicPunk (106 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Silver Surfer

2. Thor

3. Hulk

There really isn't much Hulk can do here if the other two decide to take advantage of their superior versatility.

#150 Edited by russellmania77 (14408 posts) - - Show Bio

SHT