#1 Posted by Sapperjak (66 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a hardcore Silver surfer fan and have read write ups on battles between all three combatants and this is what I have come up with.  Surfer vs Thor- Thor has bested him everytime so far. Mjolnir can negate the power cosmic which give Thor an edge. It does seam however everytime they meet in battle that Silver Surfer has been weekened for whatever reason or purpose. Thor vs Hulk- Hulk bests Thor through brute strength and durability. Hulk vs Silver Surfer- Surfer bests Hulk 3 to 1.. I can only see them (Marvels big 3) as being related to the Rock, Paper, Sissors game. Hulk(Rock), Surfer(Paper), Thor(Sissors).. Comparison and scaling them is not so easy. From what I have read Surfer may have more or atleast a comparable physical strength to the Hulk. He has stopped him dead in his tracks and taken direct shots from Hulk without being hurt. So, he maybe the most durable also but it seems Hulk should be deemed most durable. Thor posseses the strongest "power" due to mjolnir.  My personal opinion like the guy who wrote the blog is that sense Stan Lee admitted he thought Thor should be the heavyweight champ of Marvel then I think it was easy for him to say Mjolnir is Thor's defense against Surfer's Power Cosmic. I feel that Surfer is truly the most powerful but that is bias because I am a Surfer fanboy. Hope you enjoyed reading this.

#2 Posted by XImpossibruX (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sapperjak said:

I am a hardcore Silver surfer fan and have read write ups on battles between all three combatants and this is what I have come up with. Surfer vs Thor- Thor has bested him everytime so far. Mjolnir can negate the power cosmic which give Thor an edge. It does seam however everytime they meet in battle that Silver Surfer has been weekened for whatever reason or purpose. Thor vs Hulk- Hulk bests Thor through brute strength and durability. Hulk vs Silver Surfer- Surfer bests Hulk 3 to 1.. I can only see them (Marvels big 3) as being related to the Rock, Paper, Sissors game. Hulk(Rock), Surfer(Paper), Thor(Sissors).. Comparison and scaling them is not so easy. From what I have read Surfer may have more or atleast a comparable physical strength to the Hulk. He has stopped him dead in his tracks and taken direct shots from Hulk without being hurt. So, he maybe the most durable also but it seems Hulk should be deemed most durable. Thor posseses the strongest "power" due to mjolnir. My personal opinion like the guy who wrote the blog is that sense Stan Lee admitted he thought Thor should be the heavyweight champ of Marvel then I think it was easy for him to say Mjolnir is Thor's defense against Surfer's Power Cosmic. I feel that Surfer is truly the most powerful but that is bias because I am a Surfer fanboy. Hope you enjoyed reading this.
#3 Posted by Sapperjak (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry my IPhone does it's own thing. I put this into paragraphs but it always posts like that.

#4 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19910 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sapperjak said:

Sorry my IPhone does it's own thing. I put this into paragraphs but it always posts like that.

Mobile devices never work at formatting for me either.

Anyways, this has been done before IIRC, and Silver Surfer would win this battle.

#5 Posted by Sapperjak (66 posts) - - Show Bio

I know it has been done. I just wanted to give an explanation based on the actual comics for those who have not read all three blogs. Just trying to contribute to the site a little.

#6 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Surfer

2. Thor

3. Hulk

#7 Edited by DarkScarecrow (355 posts) - - Show Bio

The Silver Surfer schools Thor and Hulk. The SS has beaten Thor before AND Hulk. This is a piece of cake for the Surfer. No doubt about it in my mind. Haha! 

#8 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkScarecrow said:

The Silver Surfer schools Thor and Hulk. The SS has beaten Thor before AND Hulk. This is a piece of cake for the Surfer. No doubt about it in my mind. Haha!

When?

#9 Posted by DarkScarecrow (355 posts) - - Show Bio
@venomoushatred1001: I can't remember. 
#10 Posted by Sapperjak (66 posts) - - Show Bio

This blog describes every battle and Thor has always beat Surfer. http://hero-envy.blogspot.com/2012/05/thor-vs-silver-surfer.html?m=1 Unless there are battles I haven't seen I have to agree with the blog. Thor can beat Surfer if he has mjolnir but not Surfer stumps. I know it's one giant wall of text and I'm sorry but I didn't write it this way.

#11 Posted by Sapperjak (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, ignore that last post because I keep forgetting that Surfer was always weakened during the fights with Thor.. It explains his weaknesses in the comments on the blog.

#12 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4887 posts) - - Show Bio

SS beats them both at the same time.

#13 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, funny that. Stan intended Thor to be top dog. He was originally written that way. But terms of actual power set, pretty much Surfer takes out both Thor and the Hulk before they have a chance to move. His great advantage is his unbelievable speed. Coupled with his plethora of other powers, this is a walk in the park for the Surfer.

#14 Posted by XiiX (7426 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer.

#15 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

It's rock paper scissors, but as to who is what, I'm not sure...

#16 Posted by MasterM0r0n (333 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malevolent1 said:

Yeah, funny that. Stan intended Thor to be top dog. He was originally written that way. But terms of actual power set, pretty much Surfer takes out both Thor and the Hulk before they have a chance to move. His great advantage is his unbelievable speed. Coupled with his plethora of other powers, this is a walk in the park for the Surfer.

@XiiX said:

Silver Surfer.

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

All of this.

And:

@venomoushatred1001 said:

1. Surfer

2. Thor

3. Hulk

#17 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor beats Surfer because Thor knows how to fight and Surfer considers him a friend. The comics support this.

#18 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2842 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Surfer

2. Thor

3. Hulk

#19 Posted by Lord_Moldemvort (144 posts) - - Show Bio

it could go either way between thor and silver surfer, but ill probably give surfer the slight majority. not sure what hulk is doing here though

silver surfer > thor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> hulk

#20 Posted by solesamurai (591 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm guessing hulk is merely here for surfer and Thor to smack around for a bit to get their Muscles warmed up?

#21 Posted by bgibs13390 (820 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor beats Surfer, Surfer beats Hulk and if he is not fighting like an idiot Thor has a bunch of ways he can beat Hulk.

#22 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk beats Thor because Thor likes to brawl with him. If Thor used his magic and range, he'd win, but he doesn't.

#23 Posted by flash126 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Im guessing surfer because surfer can go to space and absorb galaxies while those 2 cant.It depends because if thor attacks surfer with lightning he falls while hulk has the advantage to sneak on thor.

#24 Posted by Vouile (678 posts) - - Show Bio

@flash126 said:

Im guessing surfer because surfer can go to space and absorb galaxies while those 2 cant.It depends because if thor attacks surfer with lightning he falls while hulk has the advantage to sneak on thor.

Each combatant has an equal chance of winning.

If this is morals on:

The Mighty Thor beats The Silver Surfer and The Silver Surfer beats The Hulk.

Morals off:

Silver Surfer and The Might Thor switch places.

#25 Posted by jwalser3 (4796 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vouile:How does Hulk have and equal chance?

#26 Posted by ComicVineAddict23 (186 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer

#27 Posted by Killemall (18255 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkScarecrow said:

When?

Sorry for replying to an old comment but three issues that i can recall:

1. Silver Surfer Volume 1, Issue 4 (Surfer was however amped up by Loki)

2 NON CANNON - What If V2 Issue 70 (note, they were both affected by energy being generated by Galactus feeding on earth, and while in fight it is this lightning that KOs Thor and Silver Surfer is not affected).

3. NON CANNON - What if V2 Issue 41 (beat Thor using 60 seconds rule which no longer applies).

#28 Posted by Killemall (18255 posts) - - Show Bio

Also can anyone please clarify what the OP means by "Thor has bested him [surfer] everytime so far" when the only victory Thor has had over surfer is during Blood and Thunder while Thor was under Warrior Madness, and has lost to Silver surfer before, and most often they only stalemate?

#29 Posted by Vouile (678 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

@Vouile:How does Hulk have and equal chance?

I never said he did? o.o

#30 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2780 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone who thinks hulk is mere fodder for these two either hates hulk or doesn't know the history between these characters,,,hulk has beaten Thor twice and silver surfer once,,I'm not saying he would win but to say he just gets smacked around to warm their muscles up is ignorant

#31 Posted by Vouile (678 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bane_of_sith said:

hulk has beaten Thor twice and silver surfer once,,I'm not saying he would win but to say he just gets smacked around to warm their muscles up is ignorant

Sure maybe The Hulk has beaten Thor a couple times when Thor wasn't even working his hardest or even a little at it...

And maybe even The Silver Surfer in the same scenario.

But when people say:

he just gets smacked around to warm their muscles up is ignorant

It is not ignorant.

People are simply elaborating on the facts.

Theoretically, Hulk does not stand even a single chance against Thor or The Silver Surfer...

Vouile

#32 Posted by KingAres109 (1249 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Hulk and Thor fought up to a dozen times and both have wins aganist the other and stalemated the rest?And I dont think anyone really dislike the Hulk its just that his fan boys/girls pump him up alot.I am well aware that Thor fight like a brute.Thats how dumb writters write him when he fights the Hulk.But to much dangerous foes he goes all out.If Thor use all of his powers at hand he wins hands down.Aslong as he dont fight like a brtue he can beat the Hulk.Its just my opinion!

#33 Posted by TheLeader (70 posts) - - Show Bio

You should not try to paraphrase Hero Envy. Just link to his analysis. It is a lot more in depth and has a lot more substance than yours.

#34 Posted by Fernando072295REBORN (502 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

Surfer

Hulk

In my opinion

#35 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

#36 Posted by Axe2k1 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vouile said:

@Bane_of_sith said:

hulk has beaten Thor twice and silver surfer once,,I'm not saying he would win but to say he just gets smacked around to warm their muscles up is ignorant

Sure maybe The Hulk has beaten Thor a couple times when Thor wasn't even working his hardest or even a little at it...

And maybe even The Silver Surfer in the same scenario.

...This post is exactly what Bane was talking about.

Clearly you don't know the history between these characters. Making up your own "headcanon" to discount Hulk's feats is bias, or willful ignorance.

Hulk isn't easily outclassed by either of them, and actually has more wins vs Thor than the other way around.

#37 Posted by GhostRider2 (3268 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

#38 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2780 posts) - - Show Bio

How about elaborating on the fact that with out magic hulk stomps Thor,,,I recall hulk grabbing Thors wrist and forcing him to bash his own face with mjolnir,,,I'm sure that's PIS but hulk getting struck by lightening and getting ko'd isn't,,,I mean he survived the destruction of a planet, nuclear bombs and Johnny's nova blast along with lots more but Thors "special" bolt lays him out...talk about bad writing

#39 Posted by logy5000 (5654 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Surfer

2. Thor

3. Hulk

#40 Posted by CharlesMartel (114 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

1. Surfer

2. Thor

3. Hulk

#41 Posted by THORSON (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

THOR all the way.

THOR has easily beaten surfer.

#42 Posted by CharlesMartel (114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bane_of_sith said:

How about elaborating on the fact that with out magic hulk stomps Thor

Not at all. I can think of numerous times where Thor has physically handled the Hulk while he was holding back

:

I recall hulk grabbing Thors wrist and forcing him to bash his own face with mjolnir

That only happened once in Cannon, and he just surprised Thor from behind. He was also being mind controlled by Thanos

hulk getting struck by lightening and getting ko'd isn't,,,I mean he survived the destruction of a planet, nuclear bombs and Johnny's nova blast along with lots more but Thors "special" bolt lays him out...talk about bad writing

That was a far more stronger version of Hulk that endured all that. Taking out Savage Hulk with his lightning, which is actually quite powerful, was an undeniable win for Thor

#43 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2780 posts) - - Show Bio

A mind controlled character isn't empowered by the one enslaving their mind its just a suggestion placed deep in his brain,,,many characters when under mind control are less of a threat because they are not in control and the person mind controlling them doesn't use them as well as the person themselves...perfect example is Spider-Man,,,he was mind controlled by ringmaster but was no where near his true potential....as far as hulk holding back,,he may have held back when him and hulk locked up for a few hours but soon his strength will run out while hulks will keep increasing..soon he will fall to hulk without mjolnir

#44 Edited by Immortal777 (6883 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Surfer>Thor any other way and you're a hater.

#45 Posted by monarch_prime (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malevolent1 said:

#46 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Surfer
  2. Thor
  3. Hulk

@Immortal777 said:

Hulk>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Surfer>Thor any other way and your a hater.

You're**

#47 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio
@Immortal777

Hulk>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Surfer>Thor any other way and your a hater.

Mmmm...compelling argument.
#48 Posted by tomlikesfries (4625 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. SS
  2. Thor
  3. Hulk
#49 Posted by spiderpool94 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

1 Thor 2 Surfer 3 Hulk

#50 Posted by dondave (34420 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer-Hulk-Thor