Thor vs Hulk (Avengers movie versions)

kingirfan36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By kingirfan36

Hulk was a beast in the movie. IMO, he did have more impressive feats(with the exception of Thor using his lightning). However, if they both went all out, as much as i would like for the hulk to win, i'd have to go with thor as he was going toe to toe with the hulk while holding back(this part is made pretty obvious in the movie that he was trying only to stop the hulk and not beat him) and yet the hulk(although going all out) was unable to get the upper hand against Thor.

Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thor

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Thor wins if he uses his powers. He could have beat Hulk in the movie if he wanted to Destroy the Helacarrier, which he did not. Hulk was stronger physically, so for Thor to win, his weather manipulation would have had to have been used. That would have killed everyone on board save for him and the Hulk and possibly Loki. Who I'm quite sure had a back up plan in case his ''rescue." didn't come through. Also if Thor would have leapt onto the Hulks chest and beat him with Molnir, he could have one. That shot he got in that knocked Hulk into the Plan rocked him.

yahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#154  Edited By yahweh

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Thor wins if he uses his powers. He could have beat Hulk in the movie if he wanted to Destroy the Helacarrier, which he did not. Hulk was stronger physically, so for Thor to win, his weather manipulation would have had to have been used. That would have killed everyone on board save for him and the Hulk and possibly Loki. Who I'm quite sure had a back up plan in case his ''rescue." didn't come through. Also if Thor would have leapt onto the Hulks chest and beat him with Molnir, he could have one. That shot he got in that knocked Hulk into the Plan rocked him.

Hulk wasn't stronger, Thor was. He was just holding back. Oh, and remember that fight they had where Thor just powned Hulk with his hammer? Thor was holding back then.

And that lucky Hulk shot was just that-lucky.

Road_Rash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Road_Rash

Hulk showed alot more strength feats than Thor did.. Thor did beat destroyer and all those frost giants with his hammer which was impressive.. Thor could probably lay a hurt on Hulk with that Hammer no doubt... strength wise and durbility wise goes to Hulk for the win... Only because Thor didn't really fight anybody without the hammer.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#156  Edited By TheCannon

Thor.

Avatar image for iknoweverything
IKnowEverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By IKnowEverything

Thor wins IF he doesn't hold back. It wouldn't even be close. In the movie when he charged his lightning and unleashed on the portal he killed like 2 or 3 of the giant flying things and a TON of regular sized aliens. the Hulk was most impressive when he stopped that giant thing with his punch. very cool. hulk may be displayed more physically strong (MAY. Thor held back against Loki and the Hulk) But he definitely wasn't as POWERFUL as Thor. When he unleashes he is on another level.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@yahweh: No I meant the shot Thor got in the Molinir that knocked Hulk on his ass.

Typhion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#159  Edited By Typhion

The one thing I didn't like about the movie was the downplay on Thor for the benefit of Hulk. If the movie is to be believed, then it's hulk.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By isaac_clarke

How the hell does anyone think the Hulk wins this? Nothing stops Thor from twirling his hammer to immobilize the Hulk in the air and then burn him to ash with lightning.

Even limited to brute force alone, the difference in strength between Thor and the Hulk was minimal. As Thor was depicted as very capable of actually hurting the Hulk with his fists and his knee strikes. Once he started using the Hammer he outright sent the Hulk off his feet with a hammer strike to the face.

And this Thor wasn't armored up or even really hurt after this fight and he breaks clean out of a cell built to hold the green giant himself. Loki did more damage to Thor than the Hulk did, not to mention Thor when he was actually able to call down that lightning was holding off that invasion on his own for a bit, sending three of those space alien whale cyborgs right back through the portal.

Trinity00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Trinity00

@isaac_clarke said:

How the hell does anyone think the Hulk wins this? Nothing stops Thor from twirling his hammer to immobilize the Hulk in the air and then burn him to ash with lightning.

Even limited to brute force alone, the difference in strength between Thor and the Hulk was minimal. As Thor was depicted as very capable of actually hurting the Hulk with his fists and his knee strikes. Once he started using the Hammer he outright sent the Hulk off his feet with a hammer strike to the face.

And this Thor wasn't armored up or even really hurt after this fight and he breaks clean out of a cell built to hold the green giant himself. Loki did more damage to Thor than the Hulk did, not to mention Thor when he was actually able to call down that lightning was holding off that invasion on his own for a bit, sending three of those space alien whale cyborgs right back through the portal.

Or...thor can just put his hammer on top of bruce after tripping the hulk and wait till hulk calms down.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By isaac_clarke

@Trinity00 said:

Or...thor can just put his hammer on top of bruce after tripping the hulk and wait till hulk calms down.

Or he could just place the hammer on his chest and beat the Hulk into submission.

Trinity00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Trinity00

@isaac_clarke said:

@Trinity00 said:

Or he could just place the hammer on his chest and beat the Hulk into submission.

Thor would not do that with morals on, with blood lust yah but Thor's a nice guy and he does hold back.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By isaac_clarke

@Trinity00 said:

Thor would not do that with morals on, with blood lust yah but Thor's a nice guy and he does hold back.

Why would he hold back against Banner? He held back against Loki because he loved him and they were bros for a thousand years, the Hulk clearly wasn't a fan of Thor and I'd imagine Thor was much the same not a fan of the Hulk.

Trinity00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Trinity00

@isaac_clarke said:

@Trinity00 said:

Why would he hold back against Banner? He held back against Loki because he loved him and they were bros for a thousand years, the Hulk clearly wasn't a fan of Thor and I'd imagine Thor was much the same not a fan of the Hulk.

Banners innocent Thor would not try to harm banner too much, he'll fight back but he won't brutally beat him into a pulp if the man can't help himself.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By isaac_clarke

@Trinity00 said:

Banners innocent Thor would not try to harm banner too much, he'll fight back but he won't brutally beat him into a pulp if the man can't help himself.

There isn't anything to indicate Thor won't flash fry someone fighting him who was as powerful as the Hulk. He was already willing to toast Tony right from the get-go and that was more or less a warning shot that amped the suit's power output nearly 5x.

Trinity00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Trinity00

@isaac_clarke said:

@Trinity00 said:

There isn't anything to indicate Thor won't flash fry someone fighting him who was as powerful as the Hulk. He was already willing to toast Tony right from the get-go and that was more or less a warning shot that amped the suit's power output nearly 5x.

Well thor was holding back on hulk in the movie, I think he would hold back the same way.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By isaac_clarke

@Trinity00 said:

Well thor was holding back on hulk in the movie, I think he would hold back the same way.

That was more because they were in the helicarrier, if he started playing Thunder God in there he would have destroyed it.

Trinity00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Trinity00

@isaac_clarke said:

@Trinity00 said:

That was more because they were in the helicarrier, if he started playing Thunder God in there he would have destroyed it.

Really?

I just thought Thor as more of a nice guy I didn't think he would actually harm hulk brutally.

Nateron2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Nateron2

@isaac_clarke: Hulk was soo holding that hammer in flight like Rulk was holding the hammer in space... I so badly wanted to say that!

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By _Black

Thor.

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#172  Edited By The_Thunderer

@isaac_clarke said:

This, more or less..

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Fifthchild

This "Thor was holding back thing" is out of control and verging on self-parody. The idea that Thor might have been stronger than Hulk is especially ludicrous given Thor is shown struggling to stand up in opposition to Hulk pushing down with one arm. Thor was "just doing enough to defend himself"? After going for a spinning Mjolnir uppercut, a flying knee, throwing Mjolnir at Hulks head and trying to choke him out? Yes Thor looked totally restrained in that sequence...

Thor - the God of holding back...

yahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#174  Edited By yahweh

@Guardiandevil83 said:

@yahweh: No I meant the shot Thor got in the Molinir that knocked Hulk on his ass.

That's what I was talking about......

@Typhion said:

The one thing I didn't like about the movie was the downplay on Thor for the benefit of Hulk. If the movie is to be believed, then it's hulk.

Hulk is more popular than Thor. So the movie had to show Hulk as the most badass to satisfy the audience.

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By justleader

thor didnt show his full potential vs the hulk imagine what would thor's lightning attack against jotenheim would do to hulk and thor defeated the destroyer who would absolutely own the hulk

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@Fifthchild: I don't know about most. But when I say ''holding back" I just meant not using molinir to it's full potential. He could have electrocuted the hulk, he could have sucked him into a tornado. He could have just constantly beat the hulk with it. That hit that he got in rocked the hulk. He should have hit him while hulk was laying in that plane. Atleast six or several times for good measure.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By isaac_clarke

@Fifthchild said:

This "Thor was holding back thing" is out of control and verging on self-parody. The idea that Thor might have been stronger than Hulk is especially ludicrous given Thor is shown struggling to stand up in opposition to Hulk pushing down with one arm. Thor was "just doing enough to defend himself"? After going for a spinning Mjolnir uppercut, a flying knee, throwing Mjolnir at Hulks head and trying to choke him out? Yes Thor looked totally restrained in that sequence...

The Hulk wasn't pushing him down, he was smashing. Thor was just blocking the attack. If the strength difference was so much so that the Hulk could hold Thor down, Thor wouldn't have been staggering him with his punches or hits by the knee. Much less grab a hold of him or tank his assaults without much damage at all.

He was restrained. He was in the helicarrier at the time, he was more or less limited to brawling in a potentially weaker state (had to be a reason he armored up for the final conclusion). Thor unrestrained hwas leveling Jotunheim, taking the Destroyer down in about a minute and holding off that invasion on his own for a bit.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By 80sBaby

Hulk IS physically stronger than Thor, both in the movies and comics. Thor WAS holding back because he didn't use all of his powers, i.e. lightning, charged strikes, tornadoes, etc. Thor specifically said he was trying to help Banner, which is why he tried to choke him out. Thor was using all his (physical) strength against Hulk but it was not enough.

@justleader said:

thor didnt show his full potential vs the hulk imagine what would thor's lightning attack against jotenheim would do to hulk and thor defeated the destroyer who would absolutely own the hulk

No, the Destroyer would get wrecked by Hulk. The only thing it destroyed were some cannon-fodder Frost Giants and a few cars. Not impressive at all.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By isaac_clarke

@80sBaby said:

Hulk IS physically stronger than Thor, both in the movies and comics. Thor WAS holding back because he didn't use all of his powers, i.e. lightning, charged strikes, tornadoes, etc. Thor specifically said he was trying to help Banner, which is why he tried to choke him out. Thor was using all his (physical) strength against Hulk but it was not enough.

@justleader said:

No, the Destroyer would get wrecked by Hulk. The only thing it destroyed were some cannon-fodder Frost Giants and a few cars. Not impressive at all.

No he isn't, but that's a debate for another thread.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By 80sBaby

@isaac_clarke said:

@80sBaby said:

@justleader said:

No he isn't, but that's a debate for another thread.

Indeed.

@yahweh said:

@80sBaby said:

Wrong(beginning part only):

Yeah, that doesn't really prove anything as far as physical strength. But, as issac said, that's a debate for another thread.

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By TheGodofThunder

Thor is my favorite hero of all. That being said, he lost that fight, but not by much. At the same time I think it is undeniable that Thor was holding back based on the line he said to banner at the beginning of the fight and the fact that he didn't use lightning or anything else. I thought it was especially clear when thor jumped on his back. He was trying to keep hulk attacking him and not anyone else. Also as a Thor fan, I am getting tired of saying Thor "holds back" but in the case of the avengers movie, it made a lot of sense. He was on a ship hovering thousands of feat in the air with hundreds of people on board. He isn't the pure rage monster Hulk is. He can think. He was holding back so he didn't potentially kill everyone by crashing the helecarrier. Also, just because hulk took out loki so easily doesn't automatically mean he is better than thor. Loki is thor's brother. He tried reasoning with his brother and then loki stabbed him. Then thor picked him up and smashed him to the ground. People need to understand verbal and visual ques. Movies aren't fun if you have to have everything spelled out for the audience. And to all the hulk fans that complain about thor fans hiding behind him holding back, stop thinking that just because hulk says he's the strongest, doesn't mean he is. I can say I'm the strongest but that doesn't make it true. Hulk just has the power of popularity and that is something that can't be denied.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By isaac_clarke

@TheGodofThunder: Loki doesn't count against Thor since in the film as soon as Loki stabbed Thor, he floored him. Loki's durability in the film is worth a mention as pretty decent given what Thor and the Hulk did to him.

TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By TheGodofThunder

@isaac_clarke: yeah, Just the fact that loki was still conscious after that shows how durable asgardians and loki really are.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Fifthchild

@Guardiandevil83 said:

@Fifthchild: I don't know about most. But when I say ''holding back" I just meant not using molinir to it's full potential. He could have electrocuted the hulk, he could have sucked him into a tornado. He could have just constantly beat the hulk with it. That hit that he got in rocked the hulk. He should have hit him while hulk was laying in that plane. Atleast six or several times for good measure.

I agree that Thor din't use his weather powers but i dont see where one would get the idea that Thor could have smacked the Hulk round with Mjolnir several times there but chose not to. When we next see him he is running full bore at Hulk.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Fifthchild

@isaac_clarke

@Fifthchild said:

The Hulk wasn't pushing him down, he was smashing. Thor was just blocking the attack.

Thor blocks Hulks overhand swing with his left forearm. He is getting pushed down and very quickly brings his right arm into the struggle. Thor and Hulk push back and forth for a bit. Thor speaks to Hulk. Thor then stands up. Hulk smacks him away with the other arm.

Hulk was pushing him down. It was one arm of Hulks against two of Thors arms at least.

If the strength difference was so much so that the Hulk could hold Thor down, Thor wouldn't have been staggering him with his punches or hits by the knee. Much less grab a hold of him or tank his assaults without much damage at all.

There was a massive difference in effect between Thor's punch and Hulk's punch (each landed only one in the course of the fight). Thor's punch spins Hulk around who responds almost instantly by spinning back with a backhand. Hulks punch OTOH sent Thor flying offscreen through a bunch of containers. Hulks punch seemed to be closer in effect to Thors spinning fullbody Mjolnir shot than what Thor could give back in return with his fists.

He was restrained. He was in the helicarrier at the time, he was more or less limited to brawling in a potentially weaker state (had to be a reason he armored up for the final conclusion). Thor unrestrained hwas leveling Jotunheim, taking the Destroyer down in about a minute and holding off that invasion on his own for a bit.

I think the idea that Thor was weaker because he didn't have his armour on is a real stretch. Thor wasn't using his weather powers (either because he couldn't or wouldn't on the helicarrier s unclear) but the idea that he was trying not to hurt the Hulks feelings or whatever after he ate that punch to the face is a real stretch IMO.

TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By TheGodofThunder

@Fifthchild said:

Hulk was pushing him down. It was one arm of Hulks against two of Thors arms at least.

No, thor blocks with his left and then puts his right arm over top of hulks arm. It was only one arm versus one arm. I've seen the movie 5 or 6 times and watched very closely.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#187  Edited By majestic99

@TheGodofThunder:

Thor still powned Hulk in the fight.

Nateron2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Nateron2

@TheGodofThunder: Loki did bring up a good point though, they can die. So I'm going with Hulk. If he would have brought the aircraft down he would have killed everyone on board, even himself... except the Hulk. Nick Fury knew that it wouldn't kill the hulk either.

Also if Thor was holding back why was he hiding?

TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By TheGodofThunder

@Nateron2: Though it's known the gods can die in the comics and mythology it not in the movies. Loki never said that the fall would kill thor. He said "These mortals think us immortal. Even I don't know if this would kill you. Shall we test it out." Or something along those lines. Essentially Loki was saying that he didn't know what it'd do to Thor.

The hiding you are speaking of, do you mean the gun fire from the jet? If so, I'm not sure about that. That scene was confusing. It was already established that asgardians can take gunfire.

Avatar image for iknoweverything
IKnowEverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By IKnowEverything

i think this argument is played out. the movie showed Hulk as being physically the strongest. he has absolutely no versatility and almost cost the lives of a ton of people on the helicarrier. like it or not thor did hold back. this was obvious. when he did unleash his powers he killed more of the incoming alien force at one time than anyone else did during the whole movie. it was an incredibly lethal move.

if they armwrestled Hulk would likely win... but if they each went all out Hulk would be defeated. way too many powers on top of being very close to as strong. hulk being shot by the small alien soldiers on their space-chariots stopped him in his tracks. thors lightning would have KOed him if not killed him.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@TheGodofThunder: Your right Loki took them no prob. But I think it's more on the lines of simply not wanting to get shot. Those bi&^hes still sting. lol

TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By TheGodofThunder

@Guardiandevil83: Also have to think hand gun versus jet fire too. That's what I took it as.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@TheGodofThunder: Yea dude. I mean just because you could take an 8 year old punching you repeatedly in the face..dosen't mean you'd want too. lol

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Fifthchild

@TheGodofThunder said:

@Fifthchild said:

No, thor blocks with his left and then puts his right arm over top of hulks arm. It was only one arm versus one arm. I've seen the movie 5 or 6 times and watched very closely.

I've got the scene on my computer (its on YouTube or at least was). I've got screencaps. Though there are a couple of angles that show things a bit differently Thor is definitely using two arms to push up. Thors arm is not on top of Hulks arm.

TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By TheGodofThunder

@Fifthchild: Can you send me a link to youtube because I cannot find it on there. I clearly remember thor putting his arm over top of hulks, but if you can prove me wrong, then I will concede.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Fifthchild

- hmmm I just had a look and the ones i downloaded all seem to be gone now.

One was "The Avengers - The Hulk Scenes" and there were a couple of others though some of them left out different bits of the fight due to poor editing.

Anyway for the sake of fairness and complete disclosure when watching the scene very closely there are two different angles that appear to show slightly different things. i.e. the two shots don't match up perfectly in what they show. In one we see Thor underneath Hulk's fist/forearm swing his right arm up and we don't see quite where it is with respect to Hulk's arm while in the other we see the front of Hulk and, although the quality of the video is terrible, it is clear that Thors arm can't be on top of Hulk's arm. This is the shot in which we see Thor stand up.

But again, there is another angle that seems to show things a bit differently as seen in the bottom image:

No Caption Provided
Enyalios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Enyalios

The scene of Thor blocking the Hulk's shot and needing two arms to push up does not establish that the Hulk is stronger. The fact that Thor was able to block the Hulk's downward strike with one arm shows they are of similar strength. Two opposing forces of equal strength pushing at eachother means that neither one of them move. Thor using both of his hands to push the Hulk's hand up makes sense considering the context of the scene while not conceding that either one of them was substantially stronger than the other.

Hulk did have more impressive strength feats in the movie but that is primarily because that's all he has. Thor had other things to fall back on, which he did. Captain America, Hawkeye and Black Widow are arguably on the same level when it comes to martial arts (arguably being the key word, Cap should trump them both), but since Cap has his shield and Hawkeye has his bow, Black Widow was given all the cool fight moves.

And everyone pointing out that Hulk manhandled Loki where as Thor did not seem to do so as effectively are obviously forgetting that by the time Hulk got to him, Loki had been blasted by Iron Man, had his ass beat by Thor and, not five seconds prior had an arrow explode in his hands that sent him hurtling through a window. To say that Loki was not entirly in top form by that case is an understatement. Considering Loki was still conscious and not even bloody as I recall, also says a lot.

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#198  Edited By PurpleCandy

I like Thor more and he has more techniques but also he had a hard time with Loki, when Hulk made short work of him.

But who knows, I think they balance everyone so in the end nobody can beat anybody there all equal. Atleast thats my theory

metalman24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By metalman24

Hulk seem'd alot more durable than he was in the las Hulk Movie of 2008...Thor seem'd more impressive as well in the movie, problem the hulks gonna have with thor is, Thor can fly... if Hulk gets ahold of Thor than Hulk might be able to hurt him... Then again Thors hammer and powers could have bad affect... Look at the Thor movie for example, Thor took out all those frost giants and took out Destroyer. To me that says alot about Thor no doubt.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Fifthchild

@Enyalios said:

The scene of Thor blocking the Hulk's shot and needing two arms to push up does not establish that the Hulk is stronger. The fact that Thor was able to block the Hulk's downward strike with one arm shows they are of similar strength. Two opposing forces of equal strength pushing at eachother means that neither one of them move. Thor using both of his hands to push the Hulk's hand up makes sense considering the context of the scene while not conceding that either one of them was substantially stronger than the other.

I can't agree with that reasoning. Blocking a punch is really not a great test of strength at all. Fighters block the punches of stronger people all the time. "Two opposing forces of equal strength pushing at each other" is a much better description of what happened after the punch when Thor and Hulk are engaged in a contest of strength two arms/full body squat vs one arm.

Hulk did have more impressive strength feats in the movie but that is primarily because that's all he has.

Sure. It couldn't possibly be because Hulk is really, really strong could it? I could just as easily say "Thor was allowed to look good when he used his lightning but thats only really because he is much weaker than the Hulk."

Thor had other things to fall back on, which he did. Captain America, Hawkeye and Black Widow are arguably on the same level when it comes to martial arts (arguably being the key word, Cap should trump them both), but since Cap has his shield and Hawkeye has his bow, Black Widow was given all the cool fight moves.

Regardless of the reason Black Widow looked like the most skilled. She didn't just have all the cool fight scenes either - she flat out defeated Hawkeye.

And everyone pointing out that Hulk manhandled Loki where as Thor did not seem to do so as effectively are obviously forgetting that by the time Hulk got to him, Loki had been blasted by Iron Man, had his ass beat by Thor and, not five seconds prior had an arrow explode in his hands that sent him hurtling through a window.

Again by the same token i could say Loki was fighting Thor after having been blasted by Tony. But its more or less irrelevant IMO since there was no indication that it was effecting him in any way by that stage. Much like there was no indication that Thor's punch, kick, bodyslam combo had much of any effect, certainly not 10 minutes later when the Hulk swung him about.

To say that Loki was not entirly in top form by that case is an understatement. Considering Loki was still conscious and not even bloody as I recall, also says a lot.

I think that would be a massive overstatement actually. As you note here Loki's durability was not inconsiderable.