Thor vs Hulk and Iron Man (movie versions)

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By willpayton
No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Bloodlusted. Win by KO or death.

Iron Man's power is at 400% capacity as in Avengers when he fought Thor.

Can the team take down Thor?

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

team stomps

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

team stomps

You think they stomp?

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Primez0ne

@leo-343 said:

Well if Thor isn't holding back, Iron Man gets trashed early on then it comes down to Thor vs Hulk. We have no idea how lightning affects Hulk at the moment so.... Stalemate.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Thor-Parker

@leo-343 said:

Well if Thor isn't holding back, Iron Man gets trashed early on then it comes down to Thor vs Hulk. We have no idea how lightning affects Hulk at the moment so.... Stalemate. Thor wins 6/10

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Noone301994

Based on what I saw in Avengers, Hulk was slightly above Thor and Thor was slightly above Iron Man.

Team takes it.

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah...im going with team...this is in character unless not specified...most of these in character are rather..on joke time and 1 liners...Hulk seems like he is the only who goes straight forward anyway...unless he is banner( where he goes 1 liner as well)...iron man at 400% seem certainly credible verse thor...i got to go with Team due to Hulk...he was basically there big gun in that marvel universe "we got a Hulk"....

Panthers8901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on what I saw in Avengers, Hulk was slightly above Thor and Thor was slightly above Iron Man.

Team takes it.

Hulk is stronger than Thor, but not as powerful, Thor was holding back during their entire fight.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a stomp... Hulk already beat Thor on his own and Iron Man was doing great himself against Thor... but for Hulk Tony is building a whole new giant suit(and it doesn't look like it will cut it)... so yea... Hulk tanks lightning more then likely while Thor doesn't do well against getting punched in the face by stronger opponents.

Thor wasn't holding back against Hulk, he just couldn't use lightning where he was at, it's not like Hulk punched Thor the way he did the giant worm either and one average punch already sent Thor flying and bleeding.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

Judging by what happened in the actual fight it was implied hulk was about smash Thor's brains in. Although he didn't get a chance to use lightning in fairness.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team very easily via Jericho and Hulk

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is the god of holding back...

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

team

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a stomp... Hulk already beat Thor on his own and Iron Man was doing great himself against Thor... but for Hulk Tony is building a whole new giant suit(and it doesn't look like it will cut it)... so yea... Hulk tanks lightning more then likely while Thor doesn't do well against getting punched in the face by stronger opponents.

Thor wasn't holding back against Hulk, he just couldn't use lightning where he was at, it's not like Hulk punched Thor the way he did the giant worm either and one average punch already sent Thor flying and bleeding.

Hulk did not "beat" Thor. The fight was interrupted and if you actually watch it critically there are many times that Thor had the upper hand in the fight as well. That being said, we don't know what it would take to bring Hulk down because NOTHING in the Avengers movie actually hurt him.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: Yes he did, he was throwing him around like a doll and he even dropped his hammer. He was pretty much at Hulks mercy until the fighter jet intervened. Thor didn't exactly have an upper hand i mean he hit Hulk once which pushed him back and he jumped on top of Hulks back which was more of an annoyance to Hulk then anything.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rogueshadow  Moderator

I think that pictured is the Mk III. Iron Man is a non-factor in that so I'm going to assume you don't mean that one, he used the Mk VI in his fight with Thor. He'd likely need Hulkbuster to have any kind of standing against a truly bloodlusted Thor. After all, Thor ripped off his mask like a piece of paper and was crushing the suit just by holding it.

If he wants to, Thor puts Tony down.

However if he's in the Hb suit (from what we've seen), he should be enough to give the team a significant edge over Thor.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly? Thor rips Tony's armor in half and proceeds to light the HULK up with lightning after creating a wind vortex to hold him harmlessly in the air. Any fight Thor has with the Hulk should look like this:

Loading Video...

Except with more lightning.

Bladewolf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bladewolf2

@war of light_2814 said:

MCU fanboys really like to use that excuse in VS topics, i cant wait for AoU, you know, Thor having trouble with a bunch of pistol killable bots......

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TBH Hulk solo's, Thor ran from Hulk.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GXrevolution96

@bladewolf2 said:

@war of light_2814 said:

MCU fanboys really like to use that excuse in VS topics, i cant wait for AoU, you know, Thor having trouble with a bunch of pistol killable bots......

I somewhat agree. Its said that he was holding back in the fight with Iron Man, yet he shoots lightning at Tony, completely loses his cool and attempts to strike Cap down with his hammer. That is not someone who is holding back to me.

In any case, Hul solos with high difficulty.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Team. Both of the characters did good against Thor alone, why should Thor even stand a chance here?

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladewolf2 said:

@war of light_2814 said:

I somewhat agree. Its said that he was holding back in the fight with Iron Man, yet he shoots lightning at Tony, completely loses his cool and attempts to strike Cap down with his hammer. That is not someone who is holding back to me.

He was holding back in the fight with Tony. Not once did he try to kill Stark during the entire fight. And the Lightning he shot? Please, that wasn't meant meant to fry Tony. And there is a significant difference between the Lightning he fired at Stark and the one he fired at that massive Chitauri Metal-Serpent things.
Besides even while holding back, he was completely dominating that entire fight. A morals-off Thor summons a massive tornado and kills them both.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By WarBlade539

Team takes it.

I don't see how you could say that considering Thor wasn't even going all-out in that 'fight' with Hulk. He was trying to restrain him while Banner was trying to kill him.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rogueshadow  Moderator

Rewatch the scene where Tony falls through the wormhole guys, Thor rips Tony's mask off like tissue paper, just like he did when he grabbed Iron Man's suit in their fight.

Thor crushes Iron Man.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96 said:

@bladewolf2 said:

@war of light_2814 said:

He was holding back in the fight with Tony. Not once did he try to kill Stark during the entire fight. And the Lightning he shot? Please, that wasn't meant meant to fry Tony. And there is a significant difference between the Lightning he fired at Stark and the one he fired at that massive Chitauri Metal-Serpent things.

Besides even while holding back, he was completely dominating that entire fight. A morals-off Thor summons a massive tornado and kills them both.

Again, shooting lightning at Tony, who we knew was human, is not him holding back neither is getting angry and him trying to STRIKE Cap down with an attack that levelled a forest. Those not the actions of someone holding back, Moreover, why are you calling people out for the "excuses" argument? You seem to be in support of him holding back.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@noone301994 said:

Team takes it.

Hulk is stronger than Thor, but not as powerful,Thor was holding back during their entire fight.

HOLY SH!T SOMEONE HAS FINALLY NOTICED THE DIFERRENCE. HALLELUJAH.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WarBlade539 said:

@gxrevolution96 said:

@bladewolf2 said:

@war of light_2814 said:

Again, shooting lightning at Tony, who we knew was human, is not him holding back neither is getting angry and him trying to STRIKE Cap down with an attack that levelled a forest. Those not the actions of someone holding back, Moreover, why are you calling people out for the "excuses" argument? You seem to be in support of him holding back.

It's not a stretch to assume that he was holding back because there is a significant difference between his fight with Stark and his fight with with the Destroyer, for example. An unrestrained Thor summoned a massive tornado and completely wrecked the Destroyer, in seconds. Whereas his fight with Stark consisted of one small lightning-strike and a few punches and throws followed by crushing his armor. See the difference? A morals-off, out-for-blood Thor would have done to Tony what he did to the Destroyer or simply rip his armor apart like tissue, the same way he ripped Tony's face-plate apart.

I don't understand what you mean by that last statement.

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is bloodlusted.. Thor wins. When he was just trying to calm Hulk down he got some serious cracks in that put him on the ground. Ironman basically gets oneshotted here. Either through a massive Mjolnir strike like the ones in TDW or lightning equivalent to that which Thor plugged the portal with in Avengers. Thor silently one shotted 5 of those flying Chitauri while they made a big deal about Hulk one shotting just one. As far as I'm concerned MCU Thor has better strength, power, versatility, and durability showings than MCU Hulk.

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team easily

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Relevant

Loading Video...

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: Yes he did, he was throwing him around like a doll and he even dropped his hammer. He was pretty much at Hulks mercy until the fighter jet intervened. Thor didn't exactly have an upper hand i mean he hit Hulk once which pushed him back and he jumped on top of Hulks back which was more of an annoyance to Hulk then anything.

I'm sorry, but you are wrong. Thor had the upper hand multiple times in the fight. Just because Hulk happened to be slamming Thor into the ground and threw him at the time the fight was interrupted does not mean he won. If you watch it, you will see that Thor was just fine after being thrown. He wouldn't have been able to jump out of the way when the jet started firing otherwise.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GXrevolution96

@WarBlade539 said:

@gxrevolution96 said:

@WarBlade539 said:

@gxrevolution96 said:

@bladewolf2 said:

@war of light_2814 said:

It's not a stretch to assume that he was holding back because there is a significant difference between his fight with Stark and his fight with with the Destroyer, for example. An unrestrained Thor summoned a massive tornado and completely wrecked the Destroyer, in seconds. Whereas his fight with Stark consisted of one small lightning-strike and a few punches and throws followed by crushing his armor. See the difference? A morals-off, out-for-blood Thor would have done to Tony what he did to the Destroyer or simply rip his armor apart like tissue, the same way he ripped Tony's face-plate apart.

That is not the point. Regardless, he shot lightning at Tony, knowing he was human and that it could potentially kill him. He later lost his temper and flat out tried to strike Cap down, unprovoked, with an attack that levelled the surrounding area. Had Cap not blocked his attack with his shield, he would have been killed if not seriously injured. That is not the behaviour of someone who is supposedly holding back and being cautious, no matter how you look it. It was one of Thor's best striking feats and it was against a human.

This was your original statement

MCU fanboys really like to use that excuse in VS topics, i cant wait for AoU, you know, Thor having trouble with a bunch of pistol killable bots...

I was wondering why you were calling people out for this since you also seem to believe that Thor was holding back.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WarBlade539 said:

@gxrevolution96 said:

@WarBlade539 said:

@gxrevolution96 said:

@bladewolf2 said:

@war of light_2814 said:

That is not the point. Regardless, he shot lightning at Tony, knowing he was human and that it could potentially kill him. He later lost his temper and flat out tried to strike Cap down, unprovoked, with an attack that to level the surrounding area. Had Cap not blocked his attack with his shield, he would have been killed if not seriously injured. That is the behaviour of someone who is supposedly holding back, no matter how you look it. It was one of Thor's best striking feats.

One problem with what you said....If I am not mistaken, that was the first time he had met Iron Man, so there is no way to know if he knew he was a human or not. But I guess it doesn't matter because he knew that Cap was human. But, his strike on Cap was NOT unprovoked. Cap threw his shield at Thor to interrupt the fight with Iron Man.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:

@noone301994 said:

Team takes it.

Hulk is stronger than Thor, but not as powerful,Thor was holding back during their entire fight.

HOLY SH!T SOMEONE HAS FINALLY NOTICED THE DIFERRENCE. HALLELUJAH.

Yeah man, it´s annoying when people bring the Thor vs Hulk battle in Avengers as a "proof" that Hulk would win, Thor was holding back during their entire battle. And yeah, Hulk did show he is stronger but Thor is overall more powerful and would win in an all out fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e46df20c7e13
deactivated-5e46df20c7e13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally a match btw these two were hulk wins, iron-man isnt needed. i love thor, but I m sorry movie thor doesnt match up with movie hulk, in both speed and and even intelligence. Hulk 7/10 but, Thor needs to be portrayed as the god , and not the ego driven moron portrayed.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96 said:

@WarBlade539 said:

@gxrevolution96 said:

@WarBlade539 said:

@gxrevolution96 said:

@bladewolf2 said:

@war of light_2814 said:

That is not the point. Regardless, he shot lightning at Tony, knowing he was human and that it could potentially kill him. He later lost his temper and flat out tried to strike Cap down, unprovoked, with an attack that to level the surrounding area. Had Cap not blocked his attack with his shield, he would have been killed if not seriously injured. That is the behaviour of someone who is supposedly holding back, no matter how you look it. It was one of Thor's best striking feats.

One problem with what you said....If I am not mistaken, that was the first time he had met Iron Man, so there is no way to know if he knew he was a human or not. But I guess it doesn't matter because he knew that Cap was human. But, his strike on Cap was NOT unprovoked. Cap threw his shield at Thor to interrupt the fight with Iron Man.

Tony revealed himself before the fight even began

Loading Video...

Cap threw his shield to break them part and to stop the fighting. He wasn't looking to fight Thor. He was being smart about it simply asked Thor to drop his hammer. But Thor loses his temper(typical) and attempts to strike him down, again, with an attack that levelled the forrest.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Incorrect.

Hulk never beat Thor.

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/thor_parker82/blog/the-avengers-thor-vs-hulk-fight-misconception/101356/

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AtheistKnowledge

@randomsid said:

@atheistknowledge said:

I'm sorry, but you are wrong. Thor had the upper hand multiple times in the fight. Just because Hulk happened to be slamming Thor into the ground and threw him at the time the fight was interrupted does not mean he won. If you watch it, you will see that Thor was just fine after being thrown. He wouldn't have been able to jump out of the way when the jet started firing otherwise.

Multiple times? What are all those times? Of course he was fine all he did was throw him around imagine if he just held him in place and slammed him repeatedly like he did Blonsky or how he ragdolled Loki. I guess it also shows how durable Thor is if he runs away from jet bullets.

@thor_parker82:

ROFL.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By RandomSid82

@randomsid said:

@gxrevolution96 said:

@WarBlade539 said:

@gxrevolution96 said:

@WarBlade539 said:

@gxrevolution96 said:

@bladewolf2 said:

@war of light_2814 said:

Tony revealed himself before the fight even began

Loading Video...

Cap threw his shield to break them part and to stop the fighting. He wasn't looking to fight Thor. He was being smart about it simply asked Thor to drop his hammer. But Thor loses his temper(typical) and attempts to strike him down, again, with an attack that levelled the forrest.

Thank you, I forgot about the whole opening his face mask thing to talk to Thor first. Regardless, I do believe Thor was holding back based on other showings. A single lightning strike against an opponent that had been shown to be able to take his lighter punches, vs a massive funnel cloud and lightning strike or a massive lightning strike to take down 5 Leviathans at once compared to Hulks one Leviathan one shot.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: There is a pretty substantial difference between engaging someone in combat and going all out. Looking at Thor's best feats in the MCU, it's pretty darn evident that he wasn't going all out against Stark. His prime objective was to interrogate Loki about the Tesseract and take him back to Asgard, not go on a murderous rampage.
You brought up the lightning part but what you're failing to see is that Thor clearly didn't mean to kill Stark with said lightning-blast; neutralize him temporarily maybe, but not kill. Is it speculation? Yes. But pretty logical speculation considering Thor's demeanor and power-output is significantly different when he's out-for-blood. He was bloodlusted when he was engaging the Frost-Giants in Jotunheim or the Destroyer on Earth, not when he was fighting Stark. That's the whole point; he was fighting them but he wasn't going all-out, much like 616 Thor.

Pre-Thor 1 Thor would have killed them outright though.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RandomSid82

@atheistknowledge By the way, this is the fight people cite when they talk about Thor fighting Hulk in the Avengers.

Loading Video...

First, you should notice that through the fight Thor is trying to calm Hulk down, he is not trying to hurt him.

Then there are multiple times that Thor has the upper hand in the fight:

:50 when he lifts Hulks arm while Hulk is trying to flatten him

1:45 when he smashes Hulk with the hammer sending him flying

2:00 when he throws the hammer and Hulk tries to catch it and is on the ground

2:06 when he gives Hulk a nice knee to the chin

2:10 when he is on Hulk's back choking him

Then towards the end of the clip, after Hulk has slammed him around and thrown him and the jet starts firing, as soon as you see Thor again at 2:56 you see him getting up and jumping out of the way of the jet fire.

And we are not going to get into the durability because of him jumping out of the way of Jet bullets when Man of Steel Superman did the same thing. Just because you can't be killed by something(evidence at the very beginning of Avengers when the bullets are simply bouncing off of Loki, a much weaker Asgardian) doesn't mean you want to inentionally let it hit you.

Panthers8901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Panthers8901

The only reason thor was able to rip his mask off was because his power was out so it wasn't holding together like it would if the suit was working. During the fight ironman got multiple shots in, he kicked him into a tree blitzed him into a mountain and threw him at a tree and when he shot him Thor dropped his hammer so it obviously hurt. Thor would beat ironman but it wouldn't be easy and definetely not a one-shot. With hulk team wins

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if thor is holding back, then team wins easy (because hulk doesn't hold back)

if thor isn't holding back, then thor wins this 6/10

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Relevant

Loading Video...

Excellent video, look at how he fought against the Frost Giants, if he fights Iron Man and Hulk like that, he should beat them 8/10.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor. Mainly due to being bloodlusted. In that armor in the OP, I don't see Stark having anything for a bloodlusted Thor. Iron Man was an annoyance to him in the forest fight when was holding back. Honestly, depending how pissed he is, he MIGHT be able to even one-shot this version of Iron Man

Hulk is more of a problem tho. Thor was able to hang with Hulk on the Helicarrier even tho he yet again was holding back. Going all out I think he can take Hulk if just barely.

I won't go as far to say Thor was nerfed in Avengers, but based on everyones solo films in the MCU, I'd say Thor has displayed the most destructive all out power as of right now if not holding back....Age of Ultron withstanding.