• 172 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
#1 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

They see each other as equals in strenght and power for they have fought msny times but it is time to determen who can beat who. You be the judge.

#2 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules is the stronger (even if only fractionally) and in all likelyhood has slightly greater endurance.
However in a battle, Thor with Mjolnir and Hercules with his Golden Mace, Thor would win as the range of his powers granted by Mjolnir is greater and more versatile than those of Hercules.

#3 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules has the edge in strength, but Thor is more powerful overall, IMO. His powers are much more versatile.

#4 Posted by Alpha (7311 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Hercules has the edge in strength, but Thor is more powerful overall, IMO. His powers are much more versatile."
I agree. Hercules strength has proven stronger but Thor has the power of the storm which makes him more powerful.
#5 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Herc is physically more powerful in my opinion, but Thor has more power overall just like the others have said. One of the things I wish they would do for Thor is give him his Belt of Power and have him use it more. It doubles his Strength, now that would be a sight to see, especially with the new comic series, that he has so much power right now.

#6 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
Andferne said:
"Herc is physically more powerful in my opinion, but Thor has more power overall just like the others have said. One of the things I wish they would do for Thor is give him his Belt of Power and have him use it more. It doubles his Strength, now that would be a sight to see, especially with the new comic series, that he has so much power right now.
"

Yes I agree, I would like to see that and if that happened my bet would probably go to Thor.
#7 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"Hercules is the stronger (even if only fractionally) and in all likelyhood has slightly greater endurance.
However in a battle, Thor with Mjolnir and Hercules with his Golden Mace, Thor would win as the range of his powers granted by Mjolnir is greater and more versatile than those of Hercules."

If Zeus gave Hercules's Golden Mace the power to manipulate energy, fire lightning bolts and allow Herc to fly, who do you think would win?
#8 Posted by Alpha (7311 posts) - - Show Bio
Theracles said:
"the creator said:
"Hercules is the stronger (even if only fractionally) and in all likelyhood has slightly greater endurance.
However in a battle, Thor with Mjolnir and Hercules with his Golden Mace, Thor would win as the range of his powers granted by Mjolnir is greater and more versatile than those of Hercules."

If Zeus gave Hercules's Golden Mace the power to manipulate energy, fire lightning bolts and allow Herc to fly, who do you think would win?"
If Hercules was given Zeus's power? Zeus has been said to rival Odin, so if Thor has the Odinforce, I would say Thor would still be more powerful.

If the power of Zeus and Odin are equal, then it would come down to the power they had before.That would still be on the side of Thor.
#9 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

Right, I would like to see one of Marvel's best fight Superman and win, that has never been done before so it would be a major goal for Marvel.

#10 Posted by Alpha (7311 posts) - - Show Bio
Theracles said:
"Right, I would like to see one of Marvel's best fight Superman and win, that has never been done before so it would be a major goal for Marvel."

DC would never allow it. Superman is the pinnacle of comic book heroes.
#11 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok then but todays Marvel heavyhitters like the Silver Surfer, Thor (with the Odinforce), Galactus, Doctor Strange, and some other guys are more powerful than Superman, they would never let Superman lose even though there are guys he can't beat in Marvel.

#12 Posted by lordraiden (6581 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"Hercules is the stronger (even if only fractionally) and in all likelyhood has slightly greater endurance.
However in a battle, Thor with Mjolnir and Hercules with his Golden Mace, Thor would win as the range of his powers granted by Mjolnir is greater and more versatile than those of Hercules."

Thor is overall more powerfull, but as Creator stated, Herc is a better fighter, especially in H2H, and Thor know's and respects this/Herc!
#13 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, obviously since Hercules is older than Thor, he has been studying hand to hand combat long before Thor did.

#14 Posted by lordraiden (6581 posts) - - Show Bio
Theracles said:
"Yes, obviously since Hercules is older than Thor, he has been studying hand to hand combat long before Thor did."

Um, where did you get that Hercules is older than Thor?
#15 Edited by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

In the real mythological stories, Hercules was created before Thor, Thor was created when Rome was destroyed by the barbarians. But in the comics Thor was created before Hercules but their age is based on their mythological stories, so Thor just became a superhero before Hercules.

#16 Posted by lordraiden (6581 posts) - - Show Bio
Theracles said:
"In the real mythological stories, Hercules was created before Thor, Thor was created when Rome was destroyed by the barbarians. But in the comics Thor was created before Hercules but their age is based on their mythological stories, so Thor just became a superhero before Hercules."

So your talking bout creations, not their actual age? and how do you know how far Thor dates back?
#17 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

I had Norse Mythology last year. Their age depends on when they were created, but age may not be the reason why Hercules is so good in hand to hand combat.

#18 Posted by lordraiden (6581 posts) - - Show Bio
Theracles said:
"I had Norse Mythology last year. Their age depends on when they were created, but age may not be the reason why Hercules is so good in hand to hand combat."

Had it where? College or High School? Wow, didn't know they teach that in school these days! Awsome :-)
#19 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

High School, yeah they do teach that now, my history teacher is from Norway.

#20 Posted by lordraiden (6581 posts) - - Show Bio
Theracles said:
"High School, yeah they do teach that now, my history teacher is from Norway."

He doesn't have a kane that he whacks against the ground that transforms him into a norse god :-)
#21 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

Well duh, but Thor does look older than Hercules, he is more mature too.

#22 Posted by Alpha (7311 posts) - - Show Bio
Theracles said:
"

Ok then but todays Marvel heavyhitters like the Silver Surfer, Thor (with the Odinforce), Galactus, Doctor Strange, and some other guys are more powerful than Superman, they would never let Superman lose even though there are guys he can't beat in Marvel.

"
U are correct in that assumption.
#23 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes but few people know that.

#24 Posted by Rygro (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor will DESTROY hercules! Check out the old wizards top ten most powerful superheroes an read thor's bio thingy. he is # 1 on that and hercules isn't even on there. hercules might be stronger than thor but not in thor's state of " worrior madness"  thor's strength increases tenfold.  at that point thor will be stronger and more powerful then hercules. and wouldn't thor be more like zues because they both control lightning. and the modern thor has the odinforce so thor can defeat zues. if thor can beat zues then he can deffinately beat hercules. 

#25 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio
Theracles said:
"Right, I would like to see one of Marvel's best fight Superman and win, that has never been done before so it would be a major goal for Marvel."
galactus beat Superman if it makes you happy
#26 Posted by Erik (29830 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wouldn't even need his warrior madness. He would win with just his belt of strength.

#27 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't forget that when Thor removes the belt of strength, he is physically exhausted as the belt has taxed his endurance to it's limits.

That is a weakness of the belt.

#28 Posted by Erik (29830 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"

Don't forget that when Thor removes the belt of strength, he is physically exhausted as the belt has taxed his endurance to it's limits.

That is a weakness of the belt.

"
Yep. But I really don't see him taking it off in the middle of the fight.
#29 Edited by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"Yep. But I really don't see him taking it off in the middle of the fight."
I did not mean in the middle of a fight......
How many times in comics have you seen the hero defeat a villian only to have another surprise pop up at the end of the encounter.
Thor would not want to let himself be caught in a weakened state.
That's why he has only really used the belt at times of great need, like when he faced Kurse.
#30 Posted by kinggamer97 (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

I think thor has a pretty easy win

#31 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio
kinggamer97 said:
"I think thor has a pretty easy win"

The question was who is stronger and who is more powerful.
#32 Posted by thorownzsuperman (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor!

#33 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34404 posts) - - Show Bio
thorownzsuperman said:
"Thor!"
I don't trust those with screennames containing false statements =/
#34 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

they are evenly matched as far as strength goes, but hercules is a better fighter.  Thor has the advantage with his lightning powers though.

caption
caption
caption
#35 Posted by RANDOMM (474 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I say Herc. He's got enough endurance to withstand energy attacks from gods/eternals (both), and he's the better fighter. Unless Thor just flies around and shoots lightning bolts to try and beat Herc (not going to say even this would work 100%), Herc would be able to win.

#36 Posted by lionheart (1261 posts) - - Show Bio
RANDOMM said:
"Eh, I say Herc. He's got enough endurance to withstand energy attacks from gods/eternals (both), and he's the better fighter. Unless Thor just flies around and shoots lightning bolts to try and beat Herc (not going to say even this would work 100%), Herc would be able to win."
AGREED
#37 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio
kinggamer97 said:
"I think thor has a pretty easy win"
Without his hammer, they would at best stalemate.
#38 Posted by Watch Dog (834 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#39 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

My final decison is Hercules, Thor without the Odinforce has a disadvantage in strenght and hand to hand combat.

#40 Posted by Watch Dog (834 posts) - - Show Bio

it's going to be Thor with or without his hammer he's a god and Herc is only half god

#41 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio
Watch Dog said:
"it's going to be Thor with or without his hammer he's a god and Herc is only half god"

That's not true.  Hercules was a half god throughout most of his story in Greek Mythology but as he died he was taken up to Mount Olympus and made a full god.  Throughout his appearances in Marvel, he has been a full god, except for when he was depowered by an angry Zeus briefly, back to his hero/demi-god levels.  He has since regained his original Marvel levels of power as a full god.

Though that's not even important as Hulk isn't even a half god but if you take Thor's hammer away from him Thor would be pummeled by Hulk.  Same thing with Thor against Juggernaut.  Being a god simply means that you are long lived and that people either used to or still pray to you.
#42 Posted by Watch Dog (834 posts) - - Show Bio

I did not Know that thank you but even in light of this new info I'm still going with Thor

#43 Posted by Scarlet Thor (1112 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Hercules is stronger....
I don't recall him having a feat like Thor lifting the cosmic serpent large enough to constrict the Earth

#44 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio
Watch Dog said:
"I did not Know that thank you but even in light of this new info I'm still going with Thor"

Youre welcome and you could be right.  Thor could be slightly stronger, though I see it either as being even or Hercules being slightly stronger, and certainly Thor is more powerful when you add in his hammer.

Scarlet Thor said:
"I don't think Hercules is stronger....
I don't recall him having a feat like Thor lifting the cosmic serpent large enough to constrict the Earth"

He does have flashbacks of him holding up the Earth and a feat of towing Manhattan behind him.  How that all stacks up is up to each reader to decide, since we dont know whether the dimension that Hercules was in that allowed him to hold up the Earth changed its weight in any way and we have no way of knowing exactly how much the Midgard Serpent weighed.
#45 Posted by King Hercules (1160 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules is stronger but Thor has more overall power.

#46 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16629 posts) - - Show Bio

Power:       Thor.
Weapons: Mjolnir
Strength:   Stalemate. I saw old comic when they didn't fighting,but only compare their strength and it was equal.
Durability: Thor often fights against cosmic guys like Surfer, and he even won couple of that fights and that is why I will go with him.

#47 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Hercules said:
" Hercules is stronger but Thor has more overall power. "
Moderator
#48 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio

base strength i would give to herc but overall power and peak strength i would give to thor here 
i think ppl are forgetting about the warrior madness when thor can increase his strength by 10 times
#49 Posted by "Colossus" (4111 posts) - - Show Bio

Herc is Stronger but Has no powers at all

#50 Posted by "Colossus" (4111 posts) - - Show Bio
@Scarlet Thor said:
" I don't think Hercules is stronger....I don't recall him having a feat like Thor lifting the cosmic serpent large enough to constrict the Earth "
Herc lifted the earth itself