No Caption Provided
Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Fire-brand

hmm, i'm tempted to think thor due to his thousands of years of battle experience. hal would be a very tough competitor, but i think that thor has the stregth and durability to tank anything hal can thow at him, then hit him with a god blast to knock him out.

CaptainUseless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By CaptainUseless

I'd say Thor.

DeathinFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By DeathinFire

Thor, but it would be a fight.
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Gambit1024

Thor

AworkofArt123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By AworkofArt123

Thor hands down. Thor is a god. He has super human strength, durability, and stamina. Hal Jordan is awesome, don't get me wrong, but Thor could take anything Hal could dish out physically. Plus Hal's ring would deplete well before Thor would even tire of the battle. Plus if Hal wasn't on his perfect game and slipped up once without a shield, a full one blow from Thor's hammer would turn him into pudding. Only super powerful beings like the Martian Manhunter, Superman, and Shazaam, could take a blow from thor without dying. Even they would feel like they got rocked. 

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By dane

Hal Jordan has smacked around Superman and Mongul. 

What makes Thor different?

Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor doesn't stand much of a chance against any experienced GL.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
Green Lantern Hal Jordan wins here
OGTitan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OGTitan45
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" Thor doesn't stand much of a chance against any experienced GL. "
Wrong.
@King Saturn said:
" Green Lantern Hal Jordan wins here "

Wrong.
llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By llagrok

This was a close one back 4 years.  

Now, for some reason, the Green Lanterns are supposedly SUPER DUPER weak to energy absorption. It's stupid, but it's current and it's being pulled up everything. Both the Alpha Lanterns and Manhunters are draining power rings within seconds. Thor can do this without any effort whatsoever. 

Avatar image for the_average_bear
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By The Average Bear
@OGTitan45 said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
Wrong.
@King Saturn said:
Wrong. "
You could provide a little insight instead of just saying "wrong". 
Citizen 14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Citizen 14

Green Lantern. GL has stood with Supes. Just because Thor is a God doesnt make him invincible. 

cjhanz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cjhanz

HAL WOOOOOT!

llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By llagrok
@Citizen 14 said:
" Green Lantern. GL has stood with Supes. Just because Thor is a God doesnt make him invincible.  "
This is hardly what people are claiming.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Silver2467
@King Saturn said:
OGTitan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By OGTitan45
@The Average Bear said:
" @OGTitan45 said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
Wrong.
@King Saturn said:
Wrong. "
You could provide a little insight instead of just saying "wrong".  "
I could of but if you really believe that a GL can take out Thor, I'd be wasting my energy typing.
Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fire-brand
@OGTitan45: now thats just rude. it doesn't matter if you think your above explaining it. give a damn reason or get the hell out. for example "thor has the durability to survive anything hal can throw at him" would be a good reason. just cause your new (i'm assuming this isn't spike again, although it sounds close) doesn't mean you can be a jackass.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sexy_merc

Hal is on a whole different level than Thor. We're talking about a guy who can casually travel through time, create space warps, contain supernovas, and is only limited to his willpower and imagination. Not to mention that he has been clocked of having the greatest willpower in the universe by multiple sources outside of The Guardians.

Clutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Clutch
@Sexy Merc said:
" Hal is on a whole different level than Thor. We're talking about a guy who can casually travel through time, create space warps, contain supernovas, and is only limited to his willpower and imagination. Not to mention that he has been clocked of having the greatest willpower in the universe by multiple sources outside of The Guardians. "
Is he that Bad?
Had no clue...
Avatar image for the_average_bear
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By The Average Bear
@OGTitan45:  Being very knowledgeable on both contenders (VERY knowledgeable), I stick with my vote for Hal. But I'm very willing to hear your input. If you see that as a waste of time, well, we'll never know if you're factual or blowing smoke 

@Fire-brand: Nah. Spike types like so... 

"(Insert completely ridiculous statement)... so shhh... "

llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By llagrok
@Sexy Merc said:
" Hal is on a whole different level than Thor. We're talking about a guy who can casually travel through time, create space warps, contain supernovas, and is only limited to his willpower and imagination. Not to mention that he has been clocked of having the greatest willpower in the universe by multiple sources outside of The Guardians. "
It's fun to see someone hasn't moved into crisis on infinite earths yet.  

Thor's contained a blast that would've taken out a fifth of the universe, he's carelessly absorbed Kang's galaxy-bomb and his universe bomb. Do you really read Avengers or Thor man?
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sexy_merc
@Clutch said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
Is he that Bad? Had no clue... "
He's a bodmon, lol. Don't question the power of a Green Lantern. They will make you have a bad day.
Clutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Clutch
@Sexy Merc said:

" @Clutch said:

" @Sexy Merc said:
He's a bodmon, lol. Don't question the power of a Green Lantern. They will make you have a bad day. "
Kyle is still the Illest. To me anyways.

So,you don't think Thor on his best day could lay the smack down on a GL?
I think he can...
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Thor's hammmer

yeah GL has stood up to superman but superman still shatters his green light constructs with one punch and since quasar seems to have the exact same powers as GL and thor has beaten him and crushed his light constructs I don't see how this would be to much different from either of those fights   

Thor takes it

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By sexy_merc
@llagrok said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
It's fun to see someone hasn't moved into crisis on infinite earths yet.   Thor's contained a blast that would've taken out a fifth of the universe, he's carelessly absorbed Kang's galaxy-bomb and his universe bomb. Do you really read Avengers or Thor man? "
Many aspects of Green Lanterns from COIE have made a smooth transition to post-crisis. Superman obviously isn't as strong, but characters like Hal haven't had much changes. John explained in a JLA issue (post-crisis) that a GL Ring was more than capable of splitting a planet in half, and we see Hal doing that in a Pre-Crisis story. Kyle contained the big bang of Warworld which could have destroyed a galaxy or more even, and Hal contained a Supernova in Pre-Crisis. The Green Lantern Ring doesn't just lose it's power level from Pre-Crisis to Post-Crisis like other characters, it still maintained it's dominance as the greatest deadliest weapon in the universe. If you read Green Lantern stories out of Geoff Johns run, maybe you'd be able to see that.
Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Fire-brand

i think that at his current levels, thor can probably bring down hal. if nessesary he can just bfr them to the core of a star and let the heat distract hals attention.

Avatar image for black_lantern_mar_vell
Black Lantern Mar-vell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sexy Merc said:
"Hal is on a whole different level than Thor. We're talking about a guy who can casually travel through time, create space warps, contain supernovas, and is only limited to his willpower and imagination. Not to mention that he has been clocked of having the greatest willpower in the universe by multiple sources outside of The Guardians. "

Thor is awsome, but we are talking about the greatest of the GL Corps.  Hal would beat Thor.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By sexy_merc
@Clutch said:
" @Sexy Merc said:

" @Clutch said:

" @Sexy Merc said:
He's a bodmon, lol. Don't question the power of a Green Lantern. They will make you have a bad day. "
Kyle is still the Illest. To me anyways.  So,you don't think Thor on his best day could lay the smack down on a GL? I think he can... "
Kyle is my favorite comic book character, lol. See my top 25 on my page if you want. I don't believe Thor can take out Hal though.
llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By llagrok
@Sexy Merc said:
" @llagrok said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
It's fun to see someone hasn't moved into crisis on infinite earths yet.   Thor's contained a blast that would've taken out a fifth of the universe, he's carelessly absorbed Kang's galaxy-bomb and his universe bomb. Do you really read Avengers or Thor man? "
Many aspects of Green Lanterns from COIE have made a smooth transition to post-crisis. Superman obviously isn't as strong, but characters like Hal haven't had much changes. John explained in a JLA issue (post-crisis) that a GL Ring was more than capable of splitting a planet in half, and we see Hal doing that in a Pre-Crisis story. Kyle contained the big bang of Warworld which could have destroyed a galaxy or more even, and Hal contained a Supernova in Pre-Crisis. The Green Lantern Ring doesn't just lose it's power level from Pre-Crisis to Post-Crisis like other characters, it still maintained it's dominance as the greatest deadliest weapon in the universe. If you read Green Lantern stories out of Geoff Johns run, maybe you'd be able to see that. "
Yeah, I read Johns' run and it's ABSOLUTE SHITE as far as power-levels are concerned. Geoff Johns does not agree with you at all mate, he has a completely different view on the Green Lanterns. I seriously suggest looking into some of the interviews with Johns and how he talks about more realistic applications. The consensus around most forums I frequent is that Johns is doing a horrible job in portraying Jordan's power level and till day's date, Johns is the one who has taken them the furthest away from the pre-crisis days.  I also suggest that you stray from this "high feats only" argumentation method because it'll just come back to bite you in the bum. Kyle Rayner and Hal Jordan have so many low feats that it's not even funny. Go by the average of what they can accomplish and it'll come out substantially lower than "supernova busting" 

Kyle did not contain the big bang, he contained the warworld explosion. The big bang is of the demiurge effect and not something Kyle Rayner could contain, to imply that he could simply proves an incredible lack of general DC knowledge. And unless you feel like debating his super-weapon's effectiveness against Yahweh's number 1 son, stop.  

Like I mentioned, Thor's absorbed two of Kang's incredibly powerful bombs and a 1/5th of the Grandmaster's universe bomb. Absorption seem to go in his favour then, if we're just going to throw out random high feats. 
Clutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Clutch
@llagrok said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" @llagrok said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
Many aspects of Green Lanterns from COIE have made a smooth transition to post-crisis. Superman obviously isn't as strong, but characters like Hal haven't had much changes. John explained in a JLA issue (post-crisis) that a GL Ring was more than capable of splitting a planet in half, and we see Hal doing that in a Pre-Crisis story. Kyle contained the big bang of Warworld which could have destroyed a galaxy or more even, and Hal contained a Supernova in Pre-Crisis. The Green Lantern Ring doesn't just lose it's power level from Pre-Crisis to Post-Crisis like other characters, it still maintained it's dominance as the greatest deadliest weapon in the universe. If you read Green Lantern stories out of Geoff Johns run, maybe you'd be able to see that. "
Yeah, I read Johns' run and it's ABSOLUTE SHITE as far as power-levels are concerned. Geoff Johns does not agree with you at all mate, he has a completely different view on the Green Lanterns. I seriously suggest looking into some of the interviews with Johns and how he talks about more realistic applications. The consensus around most forums I frequent is that Johns is doing a horrible job in portraying Jordan's power level and till day's date, Johns is the one who has taken them the furthest away from the pre-crisis days.  I also suggest that you stray from this "high feats only" argumentation method because it'll just come back to bite you in the bum. Kyle Rayner and Hal Jordan have so many low feats that it's not even funny. Go by the average of what they can accomplish and it'll come out substantially lower than "supernova busting"  Kyle did not contain the big bang, he contained the warworld explosion. The big bang is of the demiurge effect and not something Kyle Rayner could contain, to imply that he could simply proves an incredible lack of general DC knowledge. And unless you feel like debating his super-weapon's effectiveness against Yahweh's number 1 son, stop.   Like I mentioned, Thor's absorbed two of Kang's incredibly powerful bombs and a 1/5th of the Grandmaster's universe bomb. Absorption seem to go in his favour then, if we're just going to throw out random high feats.  "
Nice post man...
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Thor's hammmer

@Sexy Merc: 

creating space warps and containing supernovas isn't all that impressive for someone being pitted against Thor

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By sexy_merc
@llagrok said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" @llagrok said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
Yeah, I read Johns' run and it's ABSOLUTE SHITE as far as power-levels are concerned. Geoff Johns does not agree with you at all mate, he has a completely different view on the Green Lanterns. I seriously suggest looking into some of the interviews with Johns and how he talks about more realistic applications. The consensus around most forums I frequent is that Johns is doing a horrible job in portraying Jordan's power level and till day's date, Johns is the one who has taken them the furthest away from the pre-crisis days.  I also suggest that you stray from this "high feats only" argumentation method because it'll just come back to bite you in the bum. Kyle Rayner and Hal Jordan have so many low feats that it's not even funny. Go by the average of what they can accomplish and it'll come out substantially lower than "supernova busting"  Kyle did not contain the big bang, he contained the warworld explosion. The big bang is of the demiurge effect and not something Kyle Rayner could contain, to imply that he could simply proves an incredible lack of general DC knowledge. And unless you feel like debating his super-weapon's effectiveness against Yahweh's number 1 son, stop.   Like I mentioned, Thor's absorbed two of Kang's incredibly powerful bombs and a 1/5th of the Grandmaster's universe bomb. Absorption seem to go in his favour then, if we're just going to throw out random high feats.  "
First off the blast from Imperiex was elevating to hights that would cause a big bang, which is why I referenced it as the Big Bang of Warworld. He did have trouble containing it and if the full effect had been obtained before Superman intervened, I also doubt that he could contain the full explosion. I've talked with viners on here like Morpheus_ on how Johns is too scared to show the limits of a Green Lantern's power. He did retcon most of the mythos, but there is no indication as to whether or not a Green Lantern has been nerfed to the point where they can't show some feats rivaling the Pre-Crisis era. It's also funny that you mention Green Lanterns have low end feats, when every character is guilty of that, even Thor.
llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By llagrok
@Sexy Merc: Before we go any further, I just want to mention that I am not happy with the way Johns is going about power displays. He writes a solid Green Lantern, but a weak one. It's like he is afraid to have Hal produce a tool or weapon that cannot be found in the common man's gardening shed. Vaughn was onto some really good stuff with Kyle and with highs like those and other, less respectable lows, I think it's important to look at the average. From what I've read, and I read a fair share Green Lantern, their time travel ability is pretty much gone and they are very, very, very susceptible to energy absorption. It took one of the Alpha Lanterns 2 seconds to drain 40-50% of Soranik, Ganthet and Kyle's rings, this is not a low showing but becoming the average, as we saw in Final Crisis as well. It's a shame, but it's happening. 

Sorry about the warworld mixup, I was actually thinking of Blackest night, but that was the entire corps. Yeah, Kyle did contain the growing blast from Imperiex, but that storyline also has a lot of low showings for him. Like one of the Imperiex Probes completely trashing him and Wally. Imperiex, imo, was a storyline that existed for nothing more than jacking up Superman's ego and that of his fanboys. One of its masterminds claimed that Superman could beat Galactus, in an interview. Anyways, Thor does have his fair share of low showings, but nothing on the level of Batman stealing your ring or Deathstroke breaking your hand/forcing back your willpower. Hal's got a load of these, one of the more recent being how easily he was taken out by Ollie's sonic arrow in Cry for Justice. Superman Blue also showed that Green Lanterns are incredibly weak to manipulation of the EMP spectrum, which causes their constructs to disappear and them to lose focus. Thor has manipulated the EMP spectrum on several occasions. 

Geoff Johns is the sole reason why I would declare Thor the winner in this thread. Normally I put him, the big green lanterns, supes, etc, on an EVEN line. I consider them equal and the winner is usually decided by reader preference. I prefer Thor, but I realize that the reason why I think that he would win normally is nothing but bias. So for fairness sake, they are all roughly the same level. After reading Green Lantern V4 and GLC, I can no longer agree to put Hal on that level, unfortunately :(
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By sexy_merc
@llagrok said:
" @Sexy Merc: Before we go any further, I just want to mention that I am not happy with the way Johns is going about power displays. He writes a solid Green Lantern, but a weak one. It's like he is afraid to have Hal produce a tool or weapon that cannot be found in the common man's gardening shed. Vaughn was onto some really good stuff with Kyle and with highs like those and other, less respectable lows, I think it's important to look at the average. From what I've read, and I read a fair share Green Lantern, their time travel ability is pretty much gone and they are very, very, very susceptible to energy absorption. It took one of the Alpha Lanterns 2 seconds to drain 40-50% of Soranik, Ganthet and Kyle's rings, this is not a low showing but becoming the average, as we saw in Final Crisis as well. It's a shame, but it's happening.  Sorry about the warworld mixup, I was actually thinking of Blackest night, but that was the entire corps. Yeah, Kyle did contain the growing blast from Imperiex, but that storyline also has a lot of low showings for him. Like one of the Imperiex Probes completely trashing him and Wally. Imperiex, imo, was a storyline that existed for nothing more than jacking up Superman's ego and that of his fanboys. One of its masterminds claimed that Superman could beat Galactus, in an interview. Anyways, Thor does have his fair share of low showings, but nothing on the level of Batman stealing your ring or Deathstroke breaking your hand/forcing back your willpower. Hal's got a load of these, one of the more recent being how easily he was taken out by Ollie's sonic arrow in Cry for Justice. Superman Blue also showed that Green Lanterns are incredibly weak to manipulation of the EMP spectrum, which causes their constructs to disappear and them to lose focus. Thor has manipulated the EMP spectrum on several occasions.  Geoff Johns is the sole reason why I would declare Thor the winner in this thread. Normally I put him, the big green lanterns, supes, etc, on an EVEN line. I consider them equal and the winner is usually decided by reader preference. I prefer Thor, but I realize that the reason why I think that he would win normally is nothing but bias. So for fairness sake, they are all roughly the same level. After reading Green Lantern V4 and GLC, I can no longer agree to put Hal on that level, unfortunately :( "
Fair enough, nice points. Alpha Lanterns have many advantages over a Green Lantern and I think they were introduced to show their superiority over Green Lanterns. I mean their rings never have a depletion of power, the highest rank The Guardians could give someone was the opportunity to be an Alpha Lantern, they have the efficiency of Manhunters, while having their average Corps members stronger than an average GL member etc. The Deathstroke part was no more than a show of Slade's utilization with preparation and horrible writing, I mean the way he took out the Flash was stupid. Batman stealing the Ring from Kyle did happen but it was not like they were engaged in a battle or Kyle was focused on his ring and can be used in the same context as someone like Rulk taking the Mjolnir from Thor. It made no sense and was just used to show the dominance of another character through bad writing. As for the EMP spectrum point, Thor barely used that and he I doubt he would think rationally about using it against a Green Lantern construct because he isn't the most logical guy. Other than that, I agree with what you said about Johns, which is why I barely followed anything he made until the trades came out.
llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By llagrok
@Sexy Merc: It's such a shame too because Johns is a good writer.  

Yup, Identity Crisis was crazy when it came to portraying people. I mean, Zatanna was trying to choke Dr.light physically in the flashback, just plain nonsense. Red Hulk was just Loeb acting -completely- off his rocker. I mean, Rulk killed a Watcher and The Collector, that stuff took place in another universe as far as I'm concerned. Thor's manipulated the EMP spectrum three times specifically and some other times indirectly, so it's not a rare tactic but probably one he wouldn't think to use. Thor rarely uses more than punch - energy attack - energy absorb, but he DOES have a plethora of abilities to call upon. This is why I think it's difficult to give versatility to the Green Lanterns, because they both have like 50 years of doing wild stuff that barely makes sense. Thor's been cruising through time himself and while Zarrko did remove his time travelling abilities, me and a mate have found scans of him using residual chronal energy in Mjolnir. Like I said, it's a close call and any fight between people like these will be too close for anyone to say is a definite win :) 

Do not sell Thor short intellectually, with his vision he can perceive magic and how it builds up everything in the universe. It was specifically stated in his fight with Hercules in Thor blood something, that he can see the building blocks of everything. In another incident with the Avengers/Scarlet Witch, he was the only one who saw through a magical illusion simply because he could see the type of energy. He also retains Blake's intellect (created by Odin, but there nonetheless) and Blake once created an Android smarter than the world's best computer in a couple of hours! Trust me, Thor's comics are just as full of insane feats as the green lanterns comics are. 
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By sexy_merc
@llagrok: Yeah, in Thor: Blood Oath, and I'm not overlooking his intellectuality but it's not a common thing for him to be analyzing a situation or an opponents power/ weapons and fighting back or resisting accordingly. We agree on pretty much everything each other have said, so whatever.
llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By llagrok
@Sexy Merc said:
" @llagrok: Yeah, in Thor: Blood Oath, and I'm not overlooking his intellectuality but it's not a common thing for him to be analyzing a situation or an opponents power/ weapons and fighting back or resisting accordingly. We agree on pretty much everything each other have said, so whatever. "
Yeah. It often takes Thor a loss to start seeing things from another angle than right-hook+lightning anyways.....
Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Fire-brand
@Sexy Merc: well, to be fair to thor, he hasn't ever faced an opponent like this one. most of his opponents don't require any analysis, just a good ole beatdown. however, i must say he does tend to rush into these things.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By sexy_merc
@Black Lantern Mar-vell said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
"Hal is on a whole different level than Thor. We're talking about a guy who can casually travel through time, create space warps, contain supernovas, and is only limited to his willpower and imagination. Not to mention that he has been clocked of having the greatest willpower in the universe by multiple sources outside of The Guardians. "
Thor is awsome, but we are talking about the greatest of the GL Corps.  Hal would beat Thor. "
I don't see Kyle in the match. :P
llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By llagrok
@Fire-brand said:
" @Sexy Merc: well, to be fair to thor, he hasn't ever faced an opponent like this one. most of his opponents don't require any analysis, just a good ole beatdown. however, i must say he does tend to rush into these things. "
Quasar?.....
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@llagrok: 

selected champion of the universe wears bands that give him powers flight energy blasts strength durability and solid light constructs he can esentially do what the gls do except with yellow light not green
llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By llagrok
@Thor's hammmer said:
" @llagrok:  selected champion of the universe wears bands that give him powers flight energy blasts strength durability and solid light constructs he can esentially do what the gls do except with yellow light not green "
...you misunderstand, I was not asking what Quasar can do. I was replying to a post where someone asked if Thor had ever fought anything like a green lantern.
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@llagrok: 

oh my bad
Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Fire-brand

quasar is nowhere near hals level. quasar's sheilds can take blows from the thing, but not from someone in thor or supermans class. besides, quasar is weak against magic while hal is not.

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@Fire-brand: 

superman has busted through hals sheilds with one punch before
Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Fire-brand
@Thor's hammmer: was that a standard showing? i really don't know much about the green lanterns except for their power set.
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@Fire-brand: 

I'm not entirely sure he almost snapped a massive one by pulling real hard
llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By llagrok
@Fire-brand said:
" quasar is nowhere near hals level. quasar's sheilds can take blows from the thing, but not from someone in thor or supermans class. besides, quasar is weak against magic while hal is not. "
Quasar's shields have taken the combine effort of many incredibly powerful characters, among them Thor and Thanos. Do not set yourself up for a Quasar vs Hal Jordan thread here, because it will be a hella tougher than you think.
Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Fire-brand
@llagrok: chill dude, i didn't know quasar had those showings. i had always put him on the same level as an average GL, but if you say he's up at hal's level i wont fight you.