Thor vs Goku

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@TheCerealKillz said:

@logy5000 said:

Anime vs Comic isn't allowed.

You haven't been here in awhile have you?

Well my internet was down for a few days. When was it allowed. I checked like last week and it wasn't.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By jashro44

@czarny_samael666:

They are fighting to their best. When Goku will shoot at him his beams, Thor will absorb them and drain Goku.

Goku rarely starts battles off with energy beams

@Lady_Liberty said:

I've noticed in a lot of these threads people don't post Goku's strength feats.

Are scans hard to come by, or are the confusing and difficult to interpret, or.. what?

He doesn't have a lot of those. In terms of lifting he isn't comparable to thor but he increases his striking power with energy. Toriyama believes there is a certain limit to how strong you can be physically and in order to be come stronger you have to train with energy. Basically goku is sort of like iron fist.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Jayfournines

@jashro44 said:

@czarny_samael666:

They are fighting to their best. When Goku will shoot at him his beams, Thor will absorb them and drain Goku.

Goku rarely starts battles off with energy beams

@Lady_Liberty said:

I've noticed in a lot of these threads people don't post Goku's strength feats.

Are scans hard to come by, or are the confusing and difficult to interpret, or.. what?

He doesn't have a lot of those. In terms of lifting he isn't comparable to thor but he increases his striking power with energy. Toriyama believes there is a certain limit to how strong you can be physically and in order to be come stronger you have to train with energy. Basically goku is sort of like iron fist.

I didn't know that, do you have a source for that or anything that I could check?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By jashro44

@Jayfournines: I believe does. I think it was stated in one of the guide books.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Trauma said:

@czarny_samael666: Actually I support both characters evenly. But you just got done saying you didn't know goku's strength.....All im saying is when argueing for whoever you think will win its best to come up with a counter arguement to your statement. It builds credibilty instead of stating the same things over and over again

Wait, I know Goku's strength. I know that he isn't even close in it to Thor, but I am not all-knowing so maybe I forgot about something.
@Hksaru said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Normal person isn't able to lift more than 200 kg. At this moment Vegeta was above 100 tons, so he should be at least 1,000 time stronger than these people. And I've seen almost whole DB and DBZ ;-)Cell never did it and Frieza never did anything above planet busting, so Frieza doesn't have to be more powerfull than Cell.

I'm glad we agree that Goku would be more than capable of dealing sufficient force so as to knock Thor out then.

I'm quite certain Thor wouldn't be able to drain their chi out of their body, as everyone has it and can utilize it so I guess it's more biological in nature. A way of confirming this would be whether or not Thor can drain Iron Fist's chi? It's more comparable than anything but still not the exact same.

Thor is indeed fast, but Goku is clearly faster and would have no trouble evading swings by Mjolnir and other attacks whilst tagging Thor with ease. The only way Thor could tag Goku is to throw Mjolnir or get a lucky hit with lightning. Goku's energy attacks are moot when shot directly at Thor, but what if he does this or something similar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg1bCXFLKdY

You don't understand - being 100 tonner isn't moment in which Vegeta can strike down Thor. Wonder Man lost to Thor, Hyperion and Gladiator, even while he was about 50,000 tons. Hulk, Thor, Gladiator, Hyperion, Beta Ray Bill are planet level in strength - DBZ characters won't hurt them. 
It doesn't matter what kind of energy Goku is using. It was drained before and Thor already drained energy from body's of his enemies. Until Goku has feats of resisting energy drainning from something as great in this area as Mjolnir - Goku can't resist to Thor.
Thor is as fast as lightning when he needs.
Thor can create Infinity Vortex around him and Goku won't be able to shoot anything from there.
 @Trauma said:

@czarny_samael666: Right you gave an arguement for thor but to be a valid arguement you must have evidence of goku not being as strong. Until then your input is invalid

No, I don't have to prove anything about Goku. It is Your job. 
  @Hksaru said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8SfpOj6vmU

Obviously Thor would have no trouble lifting ten tons, but can he punch that fast and have combat speed FTL? He also merely went to SSJ1 and was able to effortlessly perform, and Saiyan levels increase exponentially in power. Also jashro is correct, they focus their ki in their physical attacks, empowering them.

Also, "Considering how strong goku was as a kid, lifting a car (2 tons easy), entire trees... this scene doesn't make sense. It if was 400,000 tons it might, but even then... that's lifting a cruise line ship, something Goku should be able to do effortlessly. Remember even in normal mode he's stronger than frieza at this point." -Youtube

I know this scene. It isn't impresive in this level at all. Thor isn't around few thousands of tons. He is planet level whih means that he is close to 6,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons.  Lifting cars, or trannig under 400G with even 100 tons on each arm isn't something that would impress when Your standing against planet level guy. His constest of strength (not fight!) was going to throw Earth out its orbit. He overpowered Midgard Serpent who at the moment was going to literally crush Earth. BRB (Thor's equal) destroyed planet by throwing his hammer on it. Thor also was able to overpower Neutron Star's core's gravity and survive under pressure of score of planets.

Only thing that I don't have now is feat agaisnt Midgard Serpent. And his enemies did similar things (Dumb Drax, Thanos, Gladiator, Hulk, Hyperion).
Cybrilious4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Cybrilious4

Goku wins round 1-4 5 would be the best fight.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Cybrilious4 said:
Goku wins round 1-4 5 would be the best fight.
No. He doesn't have feats close to Thor's.
AmonSet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By AmonSet

I think Goku can absorb energy, so I think energy absorption might not work on him so well. The spirit bomb is formed using energy from a planet, solar system, galaxy, or even the whole universe. Originally when used, his aura changed. So, I think it is fair to say that the energy for the bomb enters the user's system. That seems to be clear. Also he can move energy to different parts of his body. Example, when he got back to earth for the android saga he used his finger as a sword against trunks by putting energy in it (it was shown separately from his ssj transformation). Also shown by Vegito when Buu entered his body but Vegito was using his energy to box him in certain areas. All that together shows a good level of energy manipulation. Is it enough to counter mjolnir completely, I don't think so. Does mjolnir have energy absorption feats against chi/ki users in the real Thor's hands?

Sci_Fi_Rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Sci_Fi_Rulez

i'm assuming comic vine is allowing anime vs comic characters cos i seen a couple of them?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

i'm assuming comic vine is allowing anime vs comic characters cos i seen a couple of them?

Yes.
Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Jayfournines

@AmonSet said:

I think Goku can absorb energy, so I think energy absorption might not work on him so well. The spirit bomb is formed using energy from a planet, solar system, galaxy, or even the whole universe. Originally when used, his aura changed. So, I think it is fair to say that the energy for the bomb enters the user's system. That seems to be clear. Also he can move energy to different parts of his body. Example, when he got back to earth for the android saga he used his finger as a sword against trunks by putting energy in it (it was shown separately from his ssj transformation). Also shown by Vegito when Buu entered his body but Vegito was using his energy to box him in certain areas. All that together shows a good level of energy manipulation. Is it enough to counter mjolnir completely, I don't think so. Does mjolnir have energy absorption feats against chi/ki users in the real Thor's hands?

His energy was absorbed by the androids if I am not mistaken, also, the spirit bomb is used by siphoning energy from people...isn't it? Didn't he need a bunch of people to give him energy to defeat buu?

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Sethlol

@Ferdelance said:

Thor wins all rounds,I see Thor absorbing everything Goku throws at him and sending it back 20 fold or just draining Goku.

AmonSet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By AmonSet

Ahh you are probly right. I forgot the androids did that. Also what is the difference between siphoning and absorption? The spirit bomb also uses energy from non-sentient things. With people it seems that he asks for their consent before he takes their energy. But he also takes energy from grass and trees, so I don't think consent is actually necessary if he really wanted to be a jerk. But I still need the feat for mjolnir absorbing from someone like iron fist.

Basically if you are saying that Thor can absorb from a chi/ki user when he hasn't done so, you are committing a no limits fallacy.

First_Last

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By First_Last

RK Thor is the only version that stands a chance in these bouts. Imo RK would own but in all the other rounds Thor gets sonned.

Avatar image for speedforcespider
SpeedForceSpider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By SpeedForceSpider

@Ferdelance said:

Thor wins all rounds,I see Thor absorbing everything Goku throws at him and sending it back 20 fold or just draining Goku.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Jayfournines

bump

Avatar image for comicvineaddict23
ComicVineAddict23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ferdelance said:

SMDfanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By SMDfanboys

People need to realize that Thor can only drain what he can keep up with.

He isn't tagging Goku now or ever, it's preposterous to even suggest that.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ximpossibrux

@SMDfanboys said:

People need to realize that Thor can only drain what he can keep up with.

He isn't tagging Goku now or ever, it's preposterous to even suggest that.

Exactly.

The fact is Goku's tremendous combat speed, even without Super Saiyan forms Thor would never land a hit on him. Thor has trouble with Wolverine and Spidermans speed, he isn't hitting Goku now or ever,

1. Blitz by Mongoose (The Mighty Thor 391), who cant even tag spiderman

.2. Blitz by Mongoose again (The Mighty Thor 408)

3. Captain America commenting on Thor's Lack of speed (while the person on the scan is Erik Masterson, read Captain America's comment on the right, second last panel) - Thor 447

4. Blitz by Spiderman (this is Erik Masterson) - The Mighty Thor 448

5. Fight with Wolverine - Thor himself admits Wolverine is faster than him, fourth scan last panel, fifth scan first panel.

6. Chulain (a footsoldier of Mikaboshi, someone with no superspeed whatsoever to talk about) comments on how slow Thor is before he KOs him with one bast (Thor Blood Oath 05) - read second scan, second last and last panel.

Big thanks to for these scans btw

Goku has tremendous speed, easily moving past the Ginyu Force (PL's of 40,000) and popping behind them a good kilometer away. And Burter has proven he is high hypersonic.

God couldn't even see him.

Goku would outpace Thor without breaking a sweat, even in his base form he has massive hypersonic and this isn't being compared to Buu Saga.

Not to mention Goku can create afterimages of himself.

No Caption Provided
Escaping Blinding light with Super speed. Thor would never touch Goku or siphon his chi.
Escaping Blinding light with Super speed. Thor would never touch Goku or siphon his chi.
Swordsman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Swordsman83

can thor survive a fully charged universal spirit bomb from goku ? in order for goku to use spirit bomb he cannot turn into super saiyan. Can goku survive before charging universal spirit bomb ?

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By uberhikari

@WhitePowerKKK said:

THOR would easily looose to Goku I'm sorry Goku is faaar more powerful than Thor

You necro'd a one month old thread to not make an argument and contribute nothing?

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor takes it ,

Rune King Thor will Murder the entier DBZverse

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By jashro44

Goku.

Lens_of_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To elaborate I think Goku is to fast and skilled for thor to tag. Instant transmission will come in handy as well.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

To elaborate I think Goku is to fast and skilled for thor to tag. Instant transmission will come in handy as well.

Maybe But not Odin force

Rune king Thor Would Solo The entier DBZverse

Avatar image for bullet_to_the_head
Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nb4TL

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Saint_Sophie

these battles are banned..

Anyways Goku's too fast hehe..

Lens_of_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku's my boy but he can't win last two rounds

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

inb4lock, and Thor, 2 durable and Goku has shown to be vulnerable to extreme weather

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By jashro44

@cgoodness said:

inb4lock, and Thor, 2 durable and Goku has shown to be vulnerable to extreme weather

Thor isn't too durable for planet busting attacks. Or even moon busting.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PabloSL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayfournines: Thor, Goku, Goku, Thor, Thor

This would be it for me, though I kind of see them stalemating at round 4.

How is it this wasn't locked yet?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@cgoodness said:

Goku rarely uses those levels and Thor has tanked those levels before :P

Avatar image for doctor_wheatley
Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor all rounds

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Frisky4

inb4lock

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@cgoodness said:

Goku focuses his power so it doesn't destroy anything else on the planet. Even if he doesn't always use those levels of power he could use them, and thor isn't tagging him. All though its true thor has tanked those kinds of attacks, at the same time its not like he easily shrugs them off. Eventually thor is going to fall.

Lens_of_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor loses.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't lock it

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@cgoodness said:

@jashro44 said:

@cgoodness said:

Goku focuses his power so it doesn't destroy anything else on the planet. Even if he doesn't always use those levels of power he could use them, and thor isn't tagging him. All though its true thor has tanked those kinds of attacks, at the same time its not like he easily shrugs them off. Eventually thor is going to fall.

But Thor has also blocked and absorbed many energy blasts that are above planetary (Surturs, Chaos Kings, etc) and i have yet to see decent striking feats for Goku that are above mountain tier. While yes Goku has a huge speed edge on Thor, Thor has omnidirectional blasts and auto lock with Mjolnir to tag him

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: It will be hard for thor to block gokus ki blast due to gokus greater speed. Goku will be flying around blasting thor from different directions, eventually they will ware thor down. As far as thors omnidirectional energy attacks go, goku could teleport away from them for a split second to avoid them and then teleport back, and thor also doesn't toss mjolnir at its top speeds all the time.

Avatar image for radioactivespider-fan
RadioactiveSpider-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If morals on, I think so Thor. Goku uses his power so it doesn't destroy other things on the planet, like Jashro said, and plus round 5 he's Rune King Thor, so maybe half of the rounds Thor and the other half Goku.