• 72 results
#1 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

The Odinson and the Saiyan square off in a battle to the death. Both have normal morals but are fighting at their very best.

Round uno (normal) Thor vs base DBZ Goku

Round dos Thor (w/ belt of strength) vs Super Saiyan 1 Goku

Round tres Thor (w/ belt of strength and warrior's madness) vs SS2 Goku

Round four Thor (w/Odinforce) vs SS3 Goku

Round 5 Rune King Thor vs SS4 Goku.

#2 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

The one round Thor would likely win is Round 5 because we know little about any limits Thor might have. Rest likely Goku, unless Thor drains him of his chi, which sounds very unlikely.

I think a closer match to Round 1 would be silver surfer.

#3 Posted by solesamurai (591 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku takes all but round 5 IMO

#4 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall said:

The one round Thor would likely win is Round 5 because we know little about any limits Thor might have. Rest likely Goku, unless Thor drains him of his chi, which sounds very unlikely.

I think a closer match to Round 1 would be silver surfer.

How Goku in morals can take out Thor? He is too weak physically and most of his energy projection attacks won't take out Thor, mostly by Mjolnir, while Goku will be one-shotted by Thor's hammer.  Take away Mjolnir from Thor, then we can talk, but with it - I don't see him losing this.
#5 Posted by Simon_the_digger (3403 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins all rounds,I see Thor absorbing everything Goku throws at him and sending it back 20 fold or just draining Goku.

#6 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

How Goku in morals can take out Thor? He is too weak physically and most of his energy projection attacks won't take out Thor, mostly by Mjolnir, while Goku will be one-shotted by Thor's hammer. Take away Mjolnir from Thor, then we can talk, but with it - I don't see him losing this.

it says both have morals on but are fighting at they very best, which should intel Goku using his to boost himself up pretty quickly and has speed advantage over Thor normally. Mjolnir can absorb virtually anything, has been said to have unlimited energy absorption, but there has been many instance where he did not absorb the energy attack, like say against Thanos. So eventually Goku will get a full blast it.

I am not as knoweledgable in Goku specially from Manga apart from the animated series, and i dont think, at least in the animated series, i have ever seen him knocked out by physical force as easily as you are saying. I know Kriling has been able to harm him by throwing a rock when they were joking around and all, but never in a fight that i can recall and he has fought some pretty damn powerful beings throughout.

#7 Posted by Asagod (292 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferdelance said:

Thor wins all rounds,I see Thor absorbing everything Goku throws at him and sending it back 20 fold or just draining Goku.

This. Thor can absorb all Goku's chi with Mjolnir.

#8 Posted by dondave (38893 posts) - - Show Bio

isn't King Thor and Odin force thor the same person

#9 Posted by monarch_prime (420 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep Thor takes 1,2,3,4,5.

#10 Posted by Lvenger (21219 posts) - - Show Bio

I know comic vs anime battles being allowed is all well and good but the massive overdose is getting on my nerves a bit.

@Killemall said:

Agreed.

#11 Posted by beautifulrevery (1521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Asagod said:

@Ferdelance said:

Chi is life force/spiritual energy in the DBZ verse so my question is can Mjolnir absorb someone's life force/spiritual energy?(when not projected as a ki blast). If not then Goku takes all rounds. Even without Super Saiyan Goku still has Kaio-Ken which he's used up to 30x succesfully(which equates him becoming 30x more powerful) albeit in bursts of time. Not continuous release.

As was stated before if it's determined Thor can't absorb Goku's internalized chi(e.g not released as a kamehameha and the such) then he'll take most rounds. Thor with morals on isn't going to hit with enough force(except for round 3:warriors madness) to put Goku down(he's taken hits that level cities, mountains, and entire landscapes and gotten up almost unscathed). Goku can speed blitz Thor(which he is known to do regularly) and hit him with an instant transmission kamehameha at point blank range which should put Thor down.

#12 Posted by ComocYahweh (661 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku roflstomp, he is stronger, more durable, more devastating attacks and not to mention his speed, he'd just speed blitz thor before he can react.

#13 Posted by OneVision_OnePurpose (289 posts) - - Show Bio

Hurting & killing Thor are too entirely different things. His Godly lifeforce is almost impossible to extinguish, I believe it was stated when the Celestial's gave him a beatdown. I don't think Goku can kill him.

#14 Posted by Simon_the_digger (3403 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifulrevery: life force absorption.

#15 Posted by Mattersuit (4274 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Yes, but Rune King Thor and Odinforce Thor are two different versions.

#16 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferdelance said:

Holy balls! I didn't know he could do that. Awesome.

#17 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

Actually thats Erick Masterson as opposed to the Thor we are accustomed to, and it was pretty much a one time deal. He has feed soul before, but thats the first time he absorbed someone's (Loki's) soul.

#18 Posted by dondave (38893 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mattersuit: so why are in different rounds if they are same form

#19 Posted by beautifulrevery (1521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

@Ferdelance said:

I did not know he could do that. That's crazy. Is it in his character to do something like that?

#20 Posted by Mattersuit (4274 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@Mattersuit: so why are in different rounds if they are same form

Because one's OF Thor, and one is RKT. They're different forms.

#21 Posted by Bo88gdan (4647 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins all rounds

#22 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@beautifulrevery said:

@Asagod said:

@Ferdelance said:

Chi is life force/spiritual energy in the DBZ verse so my question is can Mjolnir absorb someone's life force/spiritual energy?(when not projected as a ki blast). If not then Goku takes all rounds. Even without Super Saiyan Goku still has Kaio-Ken which he's used up to 30x succesfully(which equates him becoming 30x more powerful) albeit in bursts of time. Not continuous release.

As was stated before if it's determined Thor can't absorb Goku's internalized chi(e.g not released as a kamehameha and the such) then he'll take most rounds. Thor with morals on isn't going to hit with enough force(except for round 3:warriors madness) to put Goku down(he's taken hits that level cities, mountains, and entire landscapes and gotten up almost unscathed). Goku can speed blitz Thor(which he is known to do regularly) and hit him with an instant transmission kamehameha at point blank range which should put Thor down.

It is an energy that drained by cyborgs. More - if Thor is fighting to his best, then when Goku will start shooting something at him, he won't be able to stop shooting it. Presence tried and was KOd in the process.  
@ComocYahweh said:

Goku roflstomp, he is stronger, more durable, more devastating attacks and not to mention his speed, he'd just speed blitz thor before he can react.

He is none of these things.

@dondave said:

Rune King Thor is above Odin, King Thor is one that rulled Earth and OF Thor is Thor without any changes in character but one that is just using OF.

@Killemall said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

How Goku in morals can take out Thor? He is too weak physically and most of his energy projection attacks won't take out Thor, mostly by Mjolnir, while Goku will be one-shotted by Thor's hammer. Take away Mjolnir from Thor, then we can talk, but with it - I don't see him losing this.

it says both have morals on but are fighting at they very best, which should intel Goku using his to boost himself up pretty quickly and has speed advantage over Thor normally. Mjolnir can absorb virtually anything, has been said to have unlimited energy absorption, but there has been many instance where he did not absorb the energy attack, like say against Thanos. So eventually Goku will get a full blast it.

I am not as knoweledgable in Goku specially from Manga apart from the animated series, and i dont think, at least in the animated series, i have ever seen him knocked out by physical force as easily as you are saying. I know Kriling has been able to harm him by throwing a rock when they were joking around and all, but never in a fight that i can recall and he has fought some pretty damn powerful beings throughout.

But Goku isn't faster than Mjolnir what matters when it comes down to energyp projection. And will need it, since he isn't in the same strength class. He never boosted his strength to this level. Best strength feat shown in DBZ was Gokan lifting/holding a plane in normal state. It doesn't matter if he ever was KOd or not. It matters what was the strongest punches he took and wasn't KO. And it isn't possible for Goku to have feat in this level, since no one in DBZ is as strong as Thor. When Goku will shoot something on Thor, he will be drained to nothing.
#23 Edited by Trauma (5889 posts) - - Show Bio

to say thor wins all rounds is so stupid. This is turning into a comic vs anime fight. In terms of strength, Goku defeated perfect cell who is able to destroy a solar system. The more he goes up in SS the stronger he gets. Speed wise, I think it is proven that goku is amazingly fast in battle. Thor has been defeated by people no where near as powerful. Just use common sense and don't get your ego's involved. Base goku can destroy a planet, SS goku can do a lot more. But I do believe the last round would goto thor, due to no knowledge of thors limit in RK

#24 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

But Goku isn't faster than Mjolnir what matters when it comes down to energyp projection. And will need it, since he isn't in the same strength class. He never boosted his strength to this level. Best strength feat shown in DBZ was Gokan lifting/holding a plane in normal state. It doesn't matter if he ever was KOd or not. It matters what was the strongest punches he took and wasn't KO. And it isn't possible for Goku to have feat in this level, since no one in DBZ is as strong as Thor. When Goku will shoot something on Thor, he will be drained to nothing.

Point was neither is thanos or his cosmic blast. Also just because he doesnt have lifting feat saying he gets one shotted by Thor seems faulty, given the fact that through Dragonball he has been punched by every villain. From Ratiz all the way to Kid Buu and never been one shotted. We can agree to disagree, but to me that shows enough evidence that Thor certainly cant one shot him.

Chi absorption though seems likely but Goku has speed to avoid it.

#25 Edited by Hksaru (463 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd give Thor a slight majority, 6 or 7/10 for round one. As has been said ki blasts would be less effective against Thor than the Androids 19 and 20 (they just absorbed them, Thor can entirely reverse them tenfold) and has some other versatility as well. I feel he could stand up to Goku enough physically to take the majority due to that advantage. He would still be vulnerable to quick bursts though obviously they wouldn't be very effective.

Goku takes vast majority for rounds 2 and 3, at least 9/10. His speed and power are just too much.

Odinforce Thor takes vast majority over SSJ3 Goku. I feel Goku would still be superior in speed and strength, and may be able to evade or withstand some of the magical attacks Thor will throw at him. Although I am quite certain SSJ3 gives an extraordinary boost in energy levels, moreso than physical strength, which again is moot against Mjolnir just as physical strength and speed is moot against magic.

I don't know enough about DBGT/SSJ4 or RKT but probably RKT for the same reasons as above

One thing that's certain to happen in any and all the battles is Thor reversing a Kamehameha back at Goku 10x. And that will hurt if it connects.

#26 Posted by quatro_briefs (384 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor dies.

#27 Posted by slacker the hacker (7806 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor should take the majority if not all.

#28 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@quatro_briefs said:

Thor dies.

on all rounds?

#29 Posted by Vance Astro (91406 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Thor has the speed or the skill to stand up to Goku. I think he's going to get beat down.

#30 Edited by Hksaru (463 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I change my say for round one. Goku is all around superior other than magical versatility and is more than capable of dealing with ki blast reversals and KO'ing Thor, whereas Thor's wins would be circumstantial and/or driven by plot (i.e. forcing him to rely on Mjolnir rather than sticking to code of honor).

7/10 for Goku round 1 and stomps rounds 2 and 3. Thor stomps rounds 4 and 5.

#31 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Point was neither is thanos or his cosmic blast. Also just because he doesnt have lifting feat saying he gets one shotted by Thor seems faulty, given the fact that through Dragonball he has been punched by every villain. From Ratiz all the way to Kid Buu and never been one shotted. We can agree to disagree, but to me that shows enough evidence that Thor certainly cant one shot him.

Chi absorption though seems likely but Goku has speed to avoid it.

He can't avoid, since he won't be able to stop it. Presence used his energy projection on Thor and couldn't stop releasing energy. If Thor will be in contact with it, then Goku is ended.
How does it matter if Goku wasn't one-shotted, if he never fought with anyone as strong as Thor? Would You say the same if we would repleace Thor with Destroyer? Or Classic Drax? Or Odin? Just because he some new Spider-Man wouldn't be KOd, would You say that he can take punch from Goku?@Trauma said:

to say thor wins all rounds is so stupid. This is turning into a comic vs anime fight. In terms of strength, Goku defeated perfect cell who is able to destroy a solar system. The more he goes up in SS the stronger he gets. Speed wise, I think it is proven that goku is amazingly fast in battle. Thor has been defeated by people no where near as powerful. Just use common sense and don't get your ego's involved. Base goku can destroy a planet, SS goku can do a lot more. But I do believe the last round would goto thor, due to no knowledge of thors limit in RK

He isn't able to destroy solar system And energy projection =/= brutal strength. Goku is no where near Thor in strength. Not even close.

@Hksaru said:

I'd give Thor a slight majority, 6 or 7/10 for round one. As has been said ki blasts would be less effective against Thor than the Androids 19 and 20 (they just absorbed them, Thor can entirely reverse them tenfold) and has some other versatility as well. I feel he could stand up to Goku enough physically to take the majority due to that advantage. He would still be vulnerable to quick bursts though obviously they wouldn't be very effective.

Goku takes vast majority for rounds 2 and 3, at least 9/10. His speed and power are just too much.

Odinforce Thor takes vast majority over SSJ3 Goku. I feel Goku would still be superior in speed and strength, and may be able to evade or withstand some of the magical attacks Thor will throw at him. Although I am quite certain SSJ3 gives an extraordinary boost in energy levels, moreso than physical strength, which again is moot against Mjolnir just as physical strength and speed is moot against magic.

I don't know enough about DBGT/SSJ4 or RKT but probably RKT for the same reasons as above

One thing that's certain to happen in any and all the battles is Thor reversing a Kamehameha back at Goku 10x. And that will hurt if it connects.

His speed won't help him, since he is too weak physically.  No version of Goku is even close to Thor in strength. Different leagues.
#32 Posted by God_Spawn (38314 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku would win all but 5.

Moderator Online
#33 Posted by Trauma (5889 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: Where is there a number of how strong goku is? Just because you say thor is "stronger" means nothing. Strength is clearly the only thing you are worried about in this fight. Take your bias out of this thread and then come up with a solid arguement.

#34 Edited by Hksaru (463 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Trauma said:

He isn't able to destroy solar system And energy projection =/= brutal strength. Goku is no where near Thor in strength. Not even close.

@Hksaru said:

His speed won't help him, since he is too weak physically. No version of Goku is even close to Thor in strength. Different leagues.

I didn't say strength though did I? Power is different. Just off the top of my head a better example than "lifting a plane" would be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srJ6jMlB8-c

It comes to mind because, obviously, it's rare to have them attacking a target that isn't nigh-invulnerable such as they (and Thor). However just do the math yourself and also note that they were all clearly not trying while depowered and Vegeta still knocked a machine built to resist force that looks to be at least a half ton to bits. Just to clarify they are all hitting 2-7x harder than elite martial artists by tapping the machine. And Vegeta's "punch" wasn't a punch at all, more like a push. Just watch it yourself.

Cell could easily destroy solar systems. Just because he doesn't have feats in the plot doesn't make him incapable. Frieza was portrayed as being an effortless planet buster (single finger attack) and galaxy buster. Are you honestly going to insinuate that Cell is less powerful than Freiza?

Their power and strength is very different. They're martial artists...

#35 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Trauma said:

@czarny_samael666: Where is there a number of how strong goku is? Just because you say thor is "stronger" means nothing. Strength is clearly the only thing you are worried about in this fight. Take your bias out of this thread and then come up with a solid arguement.

Probably nowhere and this is Goku's problem, since You have to prove that he is as strong as Thor. I gived You arguments, goku can't hurt Thor by his punches and his energy projection can be absorbed by Mjolnir.
#36 Edited by jashro44 (25422 posts) - - Show Bio

Gokus striking power is different from his strength. He uses energy around his fists IIRC. And thor is not fast enough to keep up with goku. This goes down like goku vs nappa.

#37 Edited by Hksaru (463 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8SfpOj6vmU

Obviously Thor would have no trouble lifting ten tons, but can he punch that fast and have combat speed FTL? He also merely went to SSJ1 and was able to effortlessly perform, and Saiyan levels increase exponentially in power. Also jashro is correct, they focus their ki in their physical attacks, empowering them.

Also, "Considering how strong goku was as a kid, lifting a car (2 tons easy), entire trees... this scene doesn't make sense. It if was 400,000 tons it might, but even then... that's lifting a cruise line ship, something Goku should be able to do effortlessly. Remember even in normal mode he's stronger than frieza at this point." -Youtube

#38 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@jashro44 said:

Gokus striking power is different from his strength. He uses energy around his fists IIRC. And thor is not fast enough to keep up with goku. This goes down like goku vs nappa.

Thor  is faster than You think, but he don't need speed here. He will drain Goku to nothing.

@Hksaru said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

His speed won't help him, since he is too weak physically. No version of Goku is even close to Thor in strength. Different leagues.

I didn't say strength though did I? Power is different. Just off the top of my head a better example than "lifting a plane" would be:

It comes to mind because, obviously, it's rare to have them attacking a target that isn't nigh-invulnerable such as they (and Thor). However just do the math yourself and also note that they were all clearly not trying while depowered and Vegeta still knocked a machine built to resist force that looks to be at least a half ton to bits. Just to clarify they are all hitting 2-7x harder than elite martial artists by tapping the machine. And Vegeta's "punch" wasn't a punch at all, more like a push. Just watch it yourself.

Cell could easily destroy solar systems. Just because he doesn't have feats in the plot doesn't make him incapable. Frieza was portrayed as being an effortless planet buster (single finger attack) and galaxy buster. Are you honestly going to insinuate that Cell is less powerful than Freiza?

Normal person isn't able to lift more than 200 kg. At this moment Vegeta was above 100 tons, so he should be at least 1,000 time stronger than these people. And I've seen almost whole DB and DBZ ;-)
Cell never did it and Frieza never did anything above planet busting, so Frieza doesn't have to be more powerfull than Cell.
#39 Posted by Trauma (5889 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: Right you gave an arguement for thor but to be a valid arguement you must have evidence of goku not being as strong. Until then your input is invalid

#40 Posted by jashro44 (25422 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: thor has no idea how gokus abilities work. He isn't going to that in character. And he isn't nearly as fast as goku.

#41 Edited by Hksaru (463 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@jashro44 said:

Thor is faster than You think, but he don't need speed here. He will drain Goku to nothing.

@Hksaru said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Normal person isn't able to lift more than 200 kg. At this moment Vegeta was above 100 tons, so he should be at least 1,000 time stronger than these people. And I've seen almost whole DB and DBZ ;-)Cell never did it and Frieza never did anything above planet busting, so Frieza doesn't have to be more powerfull than Cell.

I'm glad we agree that Goku would be more than capable of dealing sufficient force so as to knock Thor out then.

I'm quite certain Thor wouldn't be able to drain their chi out of their body, as everyone has it and can utilize it so I guess it's more biological in nature. A way of confirming this would be whether or not Thor can drain Iron Fist's chi? It's more comparable than anything but still not the exact same.

Thor is indeed fast, but Goku is clearly faster and would have no trouble evading swings by Mjolnir and other attacks whilst tagging Thor with ease. The only way Thor could tag Goku is to throw Mjolnir or get a lucky hit with lightning. Goku's energy attacks are moot when shot directly at Thor, but what if he does this or something similar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg1bCXFLKdY

#42 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Trauma said:

@czarny_samael666: Right you gave an arguement for thor but to be a valid arguement you must have evidence of goku not being as strong. Until then your input is invalid

No, since I'm supporting Thor here, I have to bring his strength feats, not prove that Goku isn't strong. You as a Goku supporter has to prove that Goku is also that storng. I assumed that You know Thor's strength feats, as I belive I know Goku's. 

@jashro44 said:

@czarny_samael666: thor has no idea how gokus abilities work. He isn't going to that in character. And he isn't nearly as fast as goku.

They are fighting to their best. When Goku will shoot at him his beams, Thor will absorb them and drain Goku.
#43 Posted by Trauma (5889 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: Actually I support both characters evenly. But you just got done saying you didn't know goku's strength.....All im saying is when argueing for whoever you think will win its best to come up with a counter arguement to your statement. It builds credibilty instead of stating the same things over and over again

#44 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8439 posts) - - Show Bio

I've noticed in a lot of these threads people don't post Goku's strength feats.

Are scans hard to come by, or are the confusing and difficult to interpret, or.. what?

#45 Posted by logy5000 (6144 posts) - - Show Bio

Anime vs Comic isn't allowed.

#46 Posted by Trauma (5889 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000: it is now

#47 Posted by TheCerealKillz (10234 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

Anime vs Comic isn't allowed.

You haven't been here in awhile have you?

#48 Posted by TheCerealKillz (10234 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku wins Round 1 and 2, but Thor takes Round 3, 4 and 5.

#49 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

I am convinced DBZ characters have very impressive energy blasts but I am not convinced of their durability or their pure physical strength

THOR WINS EVERY ROUND

#50 Edited by Hksaru (463 posts) - - Show Bio

2:20 and on in regards to the fuss about lifting feats