#1 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, apparently, Flash is on par with Hulk and Godzilla. So, could he take on the God of Thunder?

#2 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Thor could fly into space, cancelling out any speed advantage that the Flash has, then simply send Mjolnir to catch and kill him on Earth or do something cool like send Mjolnir to bring the Flash into space and watch him explode.

#3 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm. Good point, the flight issue is a pretty major advantage.

#4 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"Ok, apparently, Flash is on par with Hulk and Godzilla. So, could he take on the God of Thunder?"

I don't get what your saying "Flash is on par with the Hulk", in what way?

#5 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

People say that Flash would beat Hulk in a fight. I don't know, but apparently there is a feeling that Wally West would "curbstomp" Banner.

#6 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

There may not be much Thor himself can do...but Mjolnir is fully capable i say.

#7 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"People say that Flash would beat Hulk in a fight. I don't know, but apparently there is a feeling that Wally West would "curbstomp" Banner."

Ok. I don't believe it. They feel that his speed makes him invincible. Just crazy fan-boy talk if you ask me.

And I don't feel the Flash can beat Thor, but there isn't much Thor could do to him since he's fast enough to avoid his attacks.

#8 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Logic Mark III says:

"There may not be much Thor himself can do...but Mjolnir is fully capable i say. "

Give me a example! This Thor without Odinforce, right?

#9 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Logic Mark III says:
"There may not be much Thor himself can do...but Mjolnir is fully capable i say. "

Give me a example! This Thor without Odinforce, right? "

the current thor has the Odin (thor) force

#10 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Ok. I don't believe it. They feel that his speed makes him invincible. Just crazy fan-boy talk if you ask me.And I don't feel the Flash can beat Thor, but there isn't much Thor could do to him since he's fast enough to avoid his attacks. "

I find your two statements incongruous. If there is little Thor could do to Flash because Flash can avoid all of Thor's attacks, what can Hulk do to Flash?

#11 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Alpha says:
"Ok. I don't believe it. They feel that his speed makes him invincible. Just crazy fan-boy talk if you ask me. And I don't feel the Flash can beat Thor, but there isn't much Thor could do to him since he's fast enough to avoid his attacks. "
I find your two statements incongruous. If there is little Thor could do to Flash because Flash can avoid all of Thor's attacks, what can Hulk do to Flash?"

Nothing, but I feel that Flash's attacks would do nothing more than cause the Hulk to grow stronger and stronger. To me you have to opponents. One who moves so fast that he can't be touch and one who becomes so strong that your attacks would mean nothing. Who wins in a battle like that?

#12 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"Alpha says:
"Logic Mark III says:
Give me a example! This Thor without Odinforce, right? "
the current thor has the Odin (thor) force"

Well in that case, the Flash is dead. Odin-force is too much power.

#13 Posted by venom hybrid (2486 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Forever says:
"Alpha says:
"Ok. I don't believe it. They feel that his speed makes him invincible. Just crazy fan-boy talk if you ask me. And I don't feel the Flash can beat Thor, but there isn't much Thor could do to him since he's fast enough to avoid his attacks. "
I find your two statements incongruous. If there is little Thor could do to Flash because Flash can avoid all of Thor's attacks, what can Hulk do to Flash?"
Nothing, but I feel that Flash's attacks would do nothing more than cause the Hulk to grow stronger and stronger. To me you have to opponents. One who moves so fast that he can't be touch and one who becomes so strong that your attacks would mean nothing. Who wins in a battle like that? "

Not while Flash could steal the hulks speed with the speed force then IMP him until he's unconcious

#14 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

venom hybrid says:

"Alpha says:
"Forever says:
"Alpha says:
Nothing, but I feel that Flash's attacks would do nothing more than cause the Hulk to grow stronger and stronger. To me you have to opponents. One who moves so fast that he can't be touch and one who becomes so strong that your attacks would mean nothing. Who wins in a battle like that? "
Not while Flash could steal the hulks speed with the speed force then IMP him until he's unconcious"

Depends where they are. Speed force doesn't exsist in Marvel U. Plus, Hulk doesn't rely on speed, so what's there to steal?

#15 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

First, without Odin-Force. Then, if nothing is resolved, then with the Odin-Force.

#16 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"First, without Odin-Force. Then, if nothing is resolved, then with the Odin-Force."

thats sooo wrong^^ if the people dont go with the flow, then you make them to or what?^^

#17 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

There must be blood in this fight. There may be no stalemate. If a situation arises where there is a stalemate, God changes the world so the stalemate doesn't exist. I'm looking for a winner here.

#18 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

venom hybrid says:

"Alpha says:
"venom hybrid says:
"Alpha says:
"Forever says:
"Alpha says:
Not while Flash could steal the hulks speed with the speed force then IMP him until he's unconcious"
Depends where they are. Speed force doesn't exsist in Marvel U. Plus, Hulk doesn't rely on speed, so what's there to steal? "
No but it would stop him moving and they would have to be in a netural universe so Flash can use his powers "

They times that 've seen Flash steal another speedsters speed didn't keep them from moving it just stop them from moving using the the speed force. So if the Hulk doesn't use the speed force, it wouldn't effect him.

#19 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk has nothing to do with this fight.

#20 Posted by venom hybrid (2486 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"venom hybrid says:
"Alpha says:
"Forever says:
"Alpha says:
Depends where they are. Speed force doesn't exsist in Marvel U. Plus, Hulk doesn't rely on speed, so what's there to steal? "

No but it would stop him moving and they would have to be in a netural universe so Flash can use his powers

#21 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

venom hybrid says:

"No it slowed them down and there speedsters so the hulk would barley be able to move"

Haven't seen that happen. He has some control over the speed force, hince those using it. He didn't stop SuperboyPrime from moving just placed him in the speed force.

#22 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"Hulk has nothing to do with this fight."

Your right. we made a reference and got stuck there. But the same applies to Thor as far as I'm concerned.

#23 Posted by venom hybrid (2486 posts) - - Show Bio

No it slowed them down and there speedsters so the hulk would barley be able to move

#24 Posted by venom hybrid (2486 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Gottheit says:
"Hulk has nothing to do with this fight."
Your right. we made a reference and got stuck there. But the same applies to Thor as far as I'm concerned. "

I think Thor will win but i was just giving a way he could do some damage and i think the IMP is still his best chance

#25 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically Thor can't do but one move to flash. Also Flash can't really do much to Thor even with his amazing speeds. He can do that punch but last time he tried that special punch on superman he broke his arm and superman was okay. If he tries it on Thor he might end up hitting the hammer instead.

If Thor uses this move he can pretty much win

So yeah. Other then that Thor would have to Throw his hammer and let it follow flash like he's been seen doing to some of his old foes.

#26 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Technically Thor can't do but one move to flash. Also Flash can't really do much to Thor even with his amazing speeds. He can do that punch but last time he tried that special punch on superman he broke his arm and superman was okay. If he tries it on Thor he might end up hitting the hammer instead. If Thor uses this move he can pretty much win So yeah. Other then that Thor would have to Throw his hammer and let it follow flash like he's been seen doing to some of his old foes."

I agree!

#27 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

As for hulk losing to flash and the other dude what the guy meant was there to slow and wouldn't be able to do anything to him. Hulk well he's been seen smart enough to mess the ground up or do a thunder clap.

#28 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

True. I need to go find those threads. Like, if anything, I think they end in stalemates. Like, how the hell could Godzilla hit Flash? Impossible. But at the same time,...but, I digress. This isn't those threads I need to find those.

#29 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

That doesn't matter, because this isn't the Hulk vs. Flash thread.

#30 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"That doesn't matter, because this isn't the Hulk vs. Flash thread."

I was just clearing it up on how they would put flash on par with hulk. They aren't but that was my idea of what it might mean. Besides you can't argue or debate much on this lol.

#31 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"True. I need to go find those threads. Like, if anything, I think they end in stalemates. Like, how the hell could Godzilla hit Flash? Impossible. But at the same time,...but, I digress. This isn't those threads I need to find those."

Lol now you see what I'm going through.

#32 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Nothing, but I feel that Flash's attacks would do nothing more than cause the Hulk to grow stronger and stronger. To me you have to opponents. One who moves so fast that he can't be touch and one who becomes so strong that your attacks would mean nothing. Who wins in a battle like that? "

Ignoring stealing speed, which actually everyone uses (and when stolen would turn Hulk into a statue) and is one of his powers so in a battle it should be allowed whether they are in the DC universe or not, his infinite mass punch, and exciting Hulk's molecules to the point that they explode... what's to keep Flash from simply dodging every Hulk attack until Hulk eventually bores and tires and changes back into Banner? Then Flash can do anything he wants to, before Banner has the chance to change back into the Hulk.

Thor is the same way. Though Thor can be considerably quicker than Hulk, he is nowhere near quick enough to stay in a battle with Flash. Flash could launch hundreds to thousands of attacks before Thor could even move enough to raise his hammer. Flash should be able to steal Thor's speed as well, though I have seen Thor left phased into a sidewalk and pull himself out of it unharmed so I am fairly certain that Flash would not be able to do much damage to Thor by trying to excite his molecules.

Thor is very durable but nowhere near Superman's levels so Flash hurting himself while punching Superman doesnt mean that he would be hurt by punching Thor. If Thor could weather the assault long enough to throw his hammer or use one of his more exotic attacks though, I would think that Thor would win. Though that is a very big if and assumes that Flash cannot or does not steal Thor's speed.

#33 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Alpha says:
"Nothing, but I feel that Flash's attacks would do nothing more than cause the Hulk to grow stronger and stronger. To me you have to opponents. One who moves so fast that he can't be touch and one who becomes so strong that your attacks would mean nothing. Who wins in a battle like that? "

Ignoring stealing speed, which actually everyone uses (and when stolen would turn Hulk into a statue) and is one of his powers so in a battle it should be allowed whether they are in the DC universe or not, his infinite mass punch, and exciting Hulk's molecules to the point that they explode... what's to keep Flash from simply dodging every Hulk attack until Hulk eventually bores and tires and changes back into Banner? Then Flash can do anything he wants to, before Banner has the chance to change back into the Hulk.

Thor is the same way. Though Thor can be considerably quicker than Hulk, he is nowhere near quick enough to stay in a battle with Flash. Flash could launch hundreds to thousands of attacks before Thor could even move enough to raise his hammer. Flash should be able to steal Thor's speed as well, though I have seen Thor left phased into a sidewalk and pull himself out of it unharmed so I am fairly certain that Flash would not be able to do much damage to Thor by trying to excite his molecules.

Thor is very durable but nowhere near Superman's levels so Flash hurting himself while punching Superman doesnt mean that he would be hurt by punching Thor. If Thor could weather the assault long enough to throw his hammer or use one of his more exotic attacks though, I would think that Thor would win. Though that is a very big if and assumes that Flash cannot or does not steal Thor's speed."

Okay you were good till you said he was weaker then superman in durablility. That is a very false statement lets look back shall we??

While superman flew to anti monitor he got b!tch slapped and hit the moon and was knocked out. One hit.

While superman was cosmically powered up he took one blast from galactus and was knocked out for three damn pages.

Superman gets downed by doomsdays hits.

Now lets look at Thor

Thor has taken hits from living tribunal and gotten up, Thor has taken hits from one above all and gotten up.

Thor fought galactus twice. First time by himself and he WON!!!! Second time he wasn't doing so hot but out of everybody in the battle field he was doing the best damage.

Superman got his skin burned off by a bomb and left to heal.

Thor took two nukes to the chest.

Thor took a bomb capable of destroying a planet while he was knocked out an landed unharmed in a large crater.

Superman is no where near as durable as Thor is. One day he might be. Some of his many versions yes but superman isn't a durable as Thor.

#34 Posted by mantoid (2305 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is much more durable than Flash, which would ultimately leed to Flash's downfall.

M

#35 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Okay you were good till you said he was weaker then superman in durablility. That is a very false statement lets look back shall we??While superman flew to anti monitor he got b!tch slapped and hit the moon and was knocked out. One hit.While superman was cosmically powered up he took one blast from galactus and was knocked out for three damn pages.Superman gets downed by doomsdays hits.Now lets look at ThorThor has taken hits from living tribunal and gotten up, Thor has taken hits from one above all and gotten up.Thor fought galactus twice. First time by himself and he WON!!!! Second time he wasn't doing so hot but out of everybody in the battle field he was doing the best damage.Superman got his skin burned off by a bomb and left to heal.Thor took two nukes to the chest.Thor took a bomb capable of destroying a planet while he was knocked out an landed unharmed in a large crater.Superman is no where near as durable as Thor is. One day he might be. Some of his many versions yes but superman isn't a durable as Thor."

You only noted three instances where Superman was K.O.'ed or whatever. Three. That's not enough to say that Thor is more durable, since you have only noted instance when Thor has prevailed in his favor, but you aren't thinking about the things Superman has shrugged off. I've seen Superman take plenty of hits that no else could survive. Superman got killed by Doomsday because he was stronger than he was, but that doesn't mean Thor is more durable. Because of Doomsday's strength, he was physically able to inflict damage on Superman, for the simple fact that Doomsday is of Kryptonian descent and that he evolved past what Superman already is. The fight between Superman and Galactus isn't canon, so that doesn't count. The Superman that was K.O.'ed by Anti-Monitor was the Silver-Age version, which is many times stronger than the current Superman. And, I'm lead to believe that Thor is nowhere near the level of Silver-Age Superman, meaning that Anti-Monitor is not only stronger than Superman, but Thor as well (he would have gotten K.O.'ed himself). The way Thor defeated Galactus with Asgradian energy sounds a bit iffy (because that was Silver Age Thor, and Silver-Age comics are full of a whole lot of nonsense). I bet that if it was the current incarnations, the outcome would have been different. But that's just me.

All superheroes have bad days. What about when Thor got knocked out by Gladiator? How about the time Thanos made him his b!tch? I think it's safe to say that the topic on Thor's and Superman's durability is debatable. But, listing Superman's K.O.s and Thor's wins isn't the way to do it. Instead, you should have compared what they have been able to live through/shrug off altogether, rather than listing the cons of the character that you like the least... All I see in your post is bias.
Post Edited:2008-05-27 13:52:02

#36 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Depends where they are. Speed force doesn't exsist in Marvel U. Plus, Hulk doesn't rely on speed, so what's there to steal? "

The JLA/Avengers crossover is not canon. Therefore, your point isn't valid.

#37 Posted by DRDOOMSDAY390 (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Forever says:
"Alpha says:

((very good point good one))

#38 Posted by Ace High (625 posts) - - Show Bio

I beg to differ. The JLA/Avengers story IS canon as it is shown in an issue of the main JLA comic after it happened (JLA vol. 3, #108 - 114) one of those.

#39 Posted by DRDOOMSDAY390 (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

((i may give this to thor))

#40 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"zee crusher says:
"Okay you were good till you said he was weaker then superman in durablility. That is a very false statement lets look back shall we??While superman flew to anti monitor he got b!tch slapped and hit the moon and was knocked out. One hit.While superman was cosmically powered up he took one blast from galactus and was knocked out for three damn pages.Superman gets downed by doomsdays hits.Now lets look at ThorThor has taken hits from living tribunal and gotten up, Thor has taken hits from one above all and gotten up.Thor fought galactus twice. First time by himself and he WON!!!! Second time he wasn't doing so hot but out of everybody in the battle field he was doing the best damage.Superman got his skin burned off by a bomb and left to heal.Thor took two nukes to the chest.Thor took a bomb capable of destroying a planet while he was knocked out an landed unharmed in a large crater.Superman is no where near as durable as Thor is. One day he might be. Some of his many versions yes but superman isn't a durable as Thor."

You only noted three instances where Superman was K.O.'ed or whatever. Three. That's not enough to say that Thor is more durable, since you have only noted instance when Thor has prevailed in his favor, but you aren't thinking about the things Superman has shrugged off. I've seen Superman take plenty of hits that no else could survive. Superman got killed by Doomsday because he was stronger than he was, but that doesn't mean Thor is more durable. Because of Doomsday's strength, he was physically able to inflict damage on Superman, for the simple fact that Doomsday is of Kryptonian descent and that he evolved past what Superman already is. The fight between Superman and Galactus isn't canon, so that doesn't count. The Superman that was K.O.'ed by Anti-Monitor was the Silver-Age version, which is many times stronger than the current Superman. And, I'm lead to believe that Thor is nowhere near the level of Silver-Age Superman, meaning that Anti-Monitor is not only stronger than Superman, but Thor as well (he would have gotten K.O.'ed himself). The way Thor defeated Galactus with Asgradian energy sounds a bit iffy (because that was Silver Age Thor, and Silver-Age comics are full of a whole lot of nonsense). I bet that if it was the current incarnations, the outcome would have been different. But that's just me.

All superheroes have bad days. What about when Thor got knocked out by Gladiator? How about the time Thanos made him his b!tch? I think it's safe to say that the topic on Thor's and Superman's durability is debatable. But, listing Superman's K.O.s and Thor's wins isn't the way to do it. Instead, you should have compared what they have been able to live through/shrug off altogether, rather than listing the cons of the character that you like the least... All I see in your post is bias.
Post Edited:2008-05-27 13:52:02"

I see your point static. But the thing is look closer. Thor got hit from LT as I mentioned there. I believe he is stronger then Anti monitor. The version of superman your talking about was it really silver age superman I don't think it was. Also I can name all these bad stuff on superman and good on Thor. People do this on the site every day to either marvel characters or just Thor. If he can get underestamted by nearly every one why can't I be the only one that notices supermans downfalls when every one else doesn't?

Also the gladiator fight you mentioned wasn't he donald by the time he landed? Shall I post all the the other encounters of gladiator vs Thor? In there like first meeting Thor nearly killed gladiator till he was told to stop. But if a debate is in terms of durability then some other time. But for right now superman hasn't shown to well to me.

#41 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Ace High says:

"I beg to differ. The JLA/Avengers story IS canon as it is shown in an issue of the main JLA comic after it happened (JLA vol. 3, #108 - 114) one of those."

Whether or not it is, saying that the speed force doesn't exist in Marvel is taking away the character's powers in battle. Looks like an unfair advantage to me. And, if that's the case, why bother making a battle thread for it?

#42 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

#43 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"I see your point static. But the thing is look closer. Thor got hit from LT as I mentioned there. I believe he is stronger then Anti monitor. The version of superman your talking about was it really silver age superman I don't think it was. Also I can name all these bad stuff on superman and good on Thor. People do this on the site every day to either marvel characters or just Thor. If he can get underestamted by nearly every one why can't I be the only one that notices supermans downfalls when every one else doesn't?

That was Silver Age Superman. From what I can remember, that all happened in Crisis on Infinite Earths, right before Superman was retconned to be weaker than he originally was in 1986. I know this because Anti-Monitor didn't make another appearance until the Sinestro Corps War (if Superman was K.O.'ed during this recent story arc, then I'll concede). You can't deny that. And, I seriously doubt that Thor is stronger than Anti-Monitor, because it took a bunch of superpowered beings to fight him. Fact is, if you downplay Superman and big-up Thor to show that Thor is more durable, then that's bias. The best way to do it is compare what they have both been able to live through. Even if everyone bashes Thor, two wrongs don't make a right and you make Superman seem like a pushover. Don't let people get to you about how Thor is treated. He's just a superhero. He isn't real. Just do things the way they should be done.

Zee Crusher says:

Also the gladiator fight you mentioned wasn't he donald by the time he landed? Shall I post all the the other encounters of gladiator vs Thor? In there like first meeting Thor nearly killed gladiator till he was told to stop. But if a debate is in terms of durability then some other time. But for right now superman hasn't shown to well to me."

I saw all the fights. The one that had two go-arounds in it (with Thor Girl in it), Thor was K.O.'ed in the first go-around, whether or not he transformed into Donald Blake by the time he landed. That doesn't make it OK for Thor. The same thing happened to the Hulk when he was K.O.'ed by Namor. He was knocked out of the water, and landed on an island several miles away, transforming back into Banner. Nonetheless, he was still K.O.'ed

#44 Posted by Ace High (625 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I wasn't saying that the JLA/Avengers crossover affected the battle in any way I was just correcting some people's belief that the crossover wasn't canon when it is.

I think Thor would win this anyways seeing as he can just fly into space and blast the planet with some crazy lightning bolt attacks. As soon as he leaves the ground Flash would have a hard time getting to him. He could even employ a similar tactic to deathstroke in identity crisis in which he can keep using lightning blasts to force Flash into a position he didn't want to be in then finish him with a lightning blast. Or he could use his new earthquake powers and just shattered the earth underneath Flash. How can he run if there is no ground?

#45 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

You got it superman wrong static. I never said Thor could take on Anti monitor by him self. The best thing he could do to monitor is blast at him and get his hammer destroyed or hit him. He won't make it out alive. I like Thor but I don't think he can beat every body. I meant living tribunal was stronger then anti monitor. I was saying he took hits from him with out getting knocked out.

That of what you speak of there fights was from like that one comics where they fought three times. Gladiator won the first time. Second Time Thor. Third time definitly Thor. What I was talking about was when Thor use to have his beard and gladiator first came. Thor beat him. He really did knock him out. Just when he was about to rearrange his mohawk some one yelled stop and said we can't just kill him. But he didn't ko Thor. When he landed it was as donald blake who got knocked out not Thor. Although he did keep thor in the air for 60 seconds from that one punch which is pretty amazing.

#46 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"You got it superman wrong static."

???

I understood everything else, but this... Am I wrong about the Superman mentioned or what?

#47 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"zee crusher says:
"You got it superman wrong static."

???

I understood everything else, but this... Am I wrong about the Superman mentioned or what?"

I meant Thor. My bad. I meant you got Thor wrong. Thor can't take on Anti monitor by himself.

#48 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"I meant Thor. My bad. I meant you got Thor wrong. Thor can't take on Anti monitor by himself."

Aight. I know you like Thor and sh!t, but don't downplay Supes because everyone downplays Thor. Just try to defend him the right way, without making Superman look bad.

#49 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Okay you were good till you said he was weaker then superman in durablility. That is a very false statement lets look back shall we??"

Actually I think I did great the whole way through. But sure lets look at my "false" statement.

"While superman flew to anti monitor he got b!tch slapped and hit the moon and was knocked out. One hit."

Which means?

"While superman was cosmically powered up he took one blast from galactus and was knocked out for three damn pages."

In a crossover? Which means what exactly?

"Superman gets downed by doomsdays hits."

Even in their first fight Superman was standing up to those hits and finally succumb to them, which doesnt prove that Thor is more durable, unless you've seen Thor fighting Doomsday in some comic and Thor stood unaffected by Doomsday's attacks.

"Now lets look at Thor"

Lets.

"Thor has taken hits from living tribunal and gotten up, Thor has taken hits from one above all and gotten up."

Which means what? First to make sure everyone knows, the one above all you are referring to is the Celestial leader and not the most powerful being in the Marvel universe. Now what does it mean that he took a hit from the Living Tribunal or the Celestial One Above All? Do you know if they hit him with their full force? If they hit him with their full force, do you know if that is as much force as the Antimonitor or Doomsday hit Superman with? No. You couldnt possibly know whether it was as much force or less.

"Thor fought galactus twice. First time by himself and he WON!!!! Second time he wasn't doing so hot but out of everybody in the battle field he was doing the best damage."

At the time that Thor won that battle, Galactus was being used as a measuring stick. That version of Galactus was considerably weaker than Galactus is now. You can not often compare a 60s version of a character with the current version as there is little consistency in either Marvel or DC as to the power levels of most of their characters.

"Superman got his skin burned off by a bomb and left to heal."

In one comic. In another one Superman easily withstood nuclear explosions and in another he withstood an explosion that wiped out a solar system.

"Thor took two nukes to the chest."

In one comic, while in others he is easily cut by bladed weapons.

"Thor took a bomb capable of destroying a planet while he was knocked out an landed unharmed in a large crater."

Again its another of Thor's higher end showings. If you look at their consistent durability showings, Superman is much more durable than Thor is.

"Superman is no where near as durable as Thor is. One day he might be. Some of his many versions yes but superman isn't a durable as Thor."

This is simply not true. At best you could argue that Thor approaches Superman's durability but looking at the vast number of their appearances, and I have followed both characters closely, Superman is decidedly more durable than Thor.

Youre using arguments that can't be supported, as Antimonitor and Galactus are not the same character, and so Superman being knocked out by Antimonitor and Thor not being knocked out by Galactus doesnt prove anything.

To make those arguments you would need at least the same character for both of them to have fought. Someone you ignored. Say Hulk. Hulk has been in several long, drawn out fights with Thor. Though Thor had great showings he has never had as good of showings against the Hulk as Superman has. But, again that doesnt mean anything. First off the Superman showings are crossovers, which are usually decided on popularity of the character, whether by fan vote or by the companies themselves not allowing their signature characters to look bad. Secondly there is no way to prove that the characters are using the same level of force against each other, so judging durability on how someone has stood up in combat is never a great way to do so. Besides one can always find scans of Thor being physically hurt by the Wrecking Crew, all of whom could only lift ten tons.

Carrying more weight are their showings against known weapons. Superman always being shown to take artillery fire and massive explosions, while Thor often has to block heavy cannon fire with his hammer as well as dodge or catch artillery shells and very rarely is shown to stand up to more dangerous weapons without blocking them with Mjolnir.

#50 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"zee crusher says:
" Okay you were good till you said he was weaker then superman in durablility. That is a very false statement lets look back shall we??"
Actually I think I did great the whole way through. But sure lets look at my "false" statement.
"While superman flew to anti monitor he got b!tch slapped and hit the moon and was knocked out. One hit."
Which means?
"While superman was cosmically powered up he took one blast from galactus and was knocked out for three damn pages."
In a crossover? Which means what exactly?
"Superman gets downed by doomsdays hits."
Even in their first fight Superman was standing up to those hits and finally succumb to them, which doesnt prove that Thor is more durable, unless you've seen Thor fighting Doomsday in some comic and Thor stood unaffected by Doomsday's attacks.
"Now lets look at Thor"
Lets.
"Thor has taken hits from living tribunal and gotten up, Thor has taken hits from one above all and gotten up."
Which means what? First to make sure everyone knows, the one above all you are referring to is the Celestial leader and not the most powerful being in the Marvel universe. Now what does it mean that he took a hit from the Living Tribunal or the Celestial One Above All? Do you know if they hit him with their full force? If they hit him with their full force, do you know if that is as much force as the Antimonitor or Doomsday hit Superman with? No. You couldnt possibly know whether it was as much force or less.
"Thor fought galactus twice. First time by himself and he WON!!!! Second time he wasn't doing so hot but out of everybody in the battle field he was doing the best damage."
At the time that Thor won that battle, Galactus was being used as a measuring stick. That version of Galactus was considerably weaker than Galactus is now. You can not often compare a 60s version of a character with the current version as there is little consistency in either Marvel or DC as to the power levels of most of their characters.
"Superman got his skin burned off by a bomb and left to heal."
In one comic. In another one Superman easily withstood nuclear explosions and in another he withstood an explosion that wiped out a solar system.
"Thor took two nukes to the chest."
In one comic, while in others he is easily cut by bladed weapons.
"Thor took a bomb capable of destroying a planet while he was knocked out an landed unharmed in a large crater."
Again its another of Thor's higher end showings. If you look at their consistent durability showings, Superman is much more durable than Thor is.
"Superman is no where near as durable as Thor is. One day he might be. Some of his many versions yes but superman isn't a durable as Thor."
This is simply not true. At best you could argue that Thor approaches Superman's durability but looking at the vast number of their appearances, and I have followed both characters closely, Superman is decidedly more durable than Thor. Youre using arguments that can't be supported, as Antimonitor and Galactus are not the same character, and so Superman being knocked out by Antimonitor and Thor not being knocked out by Galactus doesnt prove anything. To make those arguments you would need at least the same character for both of them to have fought. Someone you ignored. Say Hulk. Hulk has been in several long, drawn out fights with Thor. Though Thor had great showings he has never had as good of showings against the Hulk as Superman has. But, again that doesnt mean anything. First off the Superman showings are crossovers, which are usually decided on popularity of the character, whether by fan vote or by the companies themselves not allowing their signature characters to look bad. Secondly there is no way to prove that the characters are using the same level of force against each other, so judging durability on how someone has stood up in combat is never a great way to do so. Besides one can always find scans of Thor being physically hurt by the Wrecking Crew, all of whom could only lift ten tons. Carrying more weight are their showings against known weapons. Superman always being shown to take artillery fire and massive explosions, while Thor often has to block heavy cannon fire with his hammer as well as dodge or catch artillery shells and very rarely is shown to stand up to more dangerous weapons without blocking them with Mjolnir."

Good posting.