Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

hmm.... I'm gonna call negative on this

@dredeuced said:

New 52 Superman is faster than New 52 Flash

Superman flew from Pluto to Earth in a minute, which is like 290x the speed of light. Barry has only gone slightly ftl to time travel.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

@bigcimmerian: Overpowered as in.. He has human level foes that give him an adequate fight?

No one in the Rogues is "human" powered. They all have tech that makes them far more dangerous than normal humans, are incredibly intelligent, have weapons designed specifically to combat the Flash, group up in 6 to 10 on 1s vs the Flash.

And they still always lose. Except like that one time where they killed Bart but that was because of Inertia.

They wouldn't be more than supersoldier level. Except for Zoom and all the time manipulators. I was just trying to prove that Flash deals with lesser level beings and has trouble with them but can still stomp the entire Avengers in half a second. SO he's not insanely overpowered. He's just powerful as lol.

Avatar image for captnmcdeadpool
captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By captnmcdeadpool

I could see Thor getting taken out by Barry, all PIS aside...but Odin Force Thor?

Hmmm...all Thor's attributes with his father's power?

Might have to stew on that one.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash has trouble with a lot of people because of plot. No one short of magical or energy beings, skyfathers, or people like Zoom should be able to defeat Flash. Hell, Flash even laid a smackdown on the Anti-Monitor.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

@captnmcdeadpool: Did you check out the OF Thor vs FLash CaV thread?

Got a link?

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/cav-odin-force-thor-alyssabird-vs-wally-west-flash-744624/

Argue your life away.

Flash has trouble with a lot of people because of plot. No one short of magical or energy beings, skyfathers, or people like Zoom should be able to defeat Flash. Hell, Flash even laid a smackdown on the Anti-Monitor.

Flash is a beast. Too bad "Void stomps" him.

captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash is a beast. Too bad "Void stomps" him.

Have to agree with this....a being who has ridiculous damage soak, complete control over his own molecular structure and whose molecules are an "instant" ahead of the current time line. Void is ridiculously over powered.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captnmcdeadpool: I hate Void!

Yeah. Probably not my favorite,either. Matter of fact, I still wonder about what Marvel really intended with the character when they first introduced him in 2000. But it seems pretty clear they were doing a "what if there was a character with godlike power...with mental issues?". At least that seemed to be the intent after they re-introduced him in '05.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

Yeah. Probably not my favorite,either. Matter of fact, I still wonder about what Marvel really intended with the character when they first introduced him in 2000. But it seems pretty clear they were doing a "what if there was a character with godlike power...with mental issues?". At least that seemed to be the intent after they re-introduced him in '05.

I actually really like the "powerful superhero with mental problems" aspect of it. It makes for interesting stories.

captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captnmcdeadpool said:

@monsterstomp said:

I actually really like the "powerful superhero with mental problems" aspect of it. It makes for interesting stories.

Allow me to clarify...I prefer the Void over the Sentry, I think because I like him as a super villain rather than a superhero. The Sentry reminds me too much of Mark Waid's Plutonian. Not that that is bad. I liked that and read some Irredemable because I wanted to see a guy with Superman's powers just f)*^%ing lose it!

But for sure, some of Sentry's stories were cool.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't stand his fluctuating powerset.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Dredeuced

@dredeuced said:

@monsterstomp said:

@bigcimmerian: Overpowered as in.. He has human level foes that give him an adequate fight?

No one in the Rogues is "human" powered. They all have tech that makes them far more dangerous than normal humans, are incredibly intelligent, have weapons designed specifically to combat the Flash, group up in 6 to 10 on 1s vs the Flash.

And they still always lose. Except like that one time where they killed Bart but that was because of Inertia.

They wouldn't be more than supersoldier level. Except for Zoom and all the time manipulators. I was just trying to prove that Flash deals with lesser level beings and has trouble with them but can still stomp the entire Avengers in half a second. SO he's not insanely overpowered. He's just powerful as lol.

Weather Wizard, Captain Cold, Mirror Master, Abra Kadabra, Zoom, Thawne, Magenta, Inertia, Top, hell even Turtle are way above supersoldier level. Literally everyone of them could take out hordes of super soldiers effortlessly. I don't even know what the avengers would do against the reverse flashes or kadabra.

If you put up the entirety of the rogues, which is what Wally usually fights, they'd give them a serious bit of difficulties and, depending on the scenario, could quite conceivably win. Mirror Master alone would send them for fits.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By spiderbuck1

@spiderbuck said:

hmm.... I'm gonna call negative on this

@dredeuced said:

New 52 Superman is faster than New 52 Flash

Superman flew from Pluto to Earth in a minute, which is like 290x the speed of light. Barry has only gone slightly ftl to time travel.

@YoungJustice said:

TBH, they looked pretty darn equal in speed. Barry definitely has more versatility.

Thats not entirely true if you follow Flash solo series .

Flash 04: He showed a femptosecond reaction time, dodging bullets after it touched his forhead

No Caption Provided

Flash 05: Ran so fast that he created a BFR vortex that throws thing randomly into the past.

Flash 07: Physically ran FTL to reach Speed Force

We normally go with feats, Flash certainly has better speed feats than Superman. Also i am not entirely sure if BFR is allowed because Flash could just use either BFR vortex or slipstream to dumb Superman into the past or speedforce, respectively.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@darkraiden: when has it been shown Thor has FTL reaction speed? If that was the case why has Thor always been showing taking blows with people who arent at FTL speed?

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Dredeuced

@spiderbuck: Excellent, you copy and pasted Killemall's post from awhile ago (of which the Flash 05 scan isn't even accurate thanks to later knowledge -- Turbine's interference with the Speed Force was causing the time vortexs). He showed FTL speed, yes, but nowhere near Superman's Pluto to Earth feat. I don't get the "We normally go with feats" thing. Do you think I just made up the fact that Superman went from Pluto to Earth in a minute?

I actually pointed out to Killemall specifically how the Femtosecond reaction feat is not something he demonstrates while conscious and he agreed with me -- because Barry has consistently shown lesser reaction time than that even while using his speed mind.

I mean, technically it never said he even ran FTL to go into the Speed Force. The only reason we assume that is because in his initial runs with Elias, he said his machines couldn't keep track of Flash, which we assumed meant FTL -- but it could've just been the fact that Flash's running destroyed his treadmill that caused the problem.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

@dredeuced said:

@monsterstomp said:

Weather Wizard, Captain Cold, Mirror Master, Abra Kadabra, Zoom, Thawne, Magenta, Inertia, Top, hell even Turtle are way above supersoldier level. Literally everyone of them could take out hordes of super soldiers effortlessly. I don't even know what the avengers would do against the reverse flashes or kadabra.

If you put up the entirety of the rogues, which is what Wally usually fights, they'd give them a serious bit of difficulties and, depending on the scenario, could quite conceivably win. Mirror Master alone would send them for fits.

Really? Than hell Flash is way too overpowered.

Avatar image for hulksmashspider
HulkSmashSpider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor will destroy flash. He is a god, he is strong and he is fast. Although flash is fast. Thor would just need to hit him once and he is done. If flash was with the justice league mabye he would stand a chance. With flash running super speed and with Mjolnir about to hit Flash head on. There is only one way this goes.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By spiderbuck1

@dredeuced said:

@spiderbuck: Excellent, you copy and pasted Killemall's post from awhile ago (of which the Flash 05 scan isn't even accurate thanks to later knowledge -- Turbine's interference with the Speed Force was causing the time vortexs). He showed FTL speed, yes, but nowhere near Superman's Pluto to Earth feat. I don't get the "We normally go with feats" thing. Do you think I just made up the fact that Superman went from Pluto to Earth in a minute?

I actually pointed out to Killemall specifically how the Femtosecond reaction feat is not something he demonstrates while conscious and he agreed with me -- because Barry has consistently shown lesser reaction time than that even while using his speed mind.

I mean, technically it never said he even ran FTL to go into the Speed Force. The only reason we assume that is because in his initial runs with Elias, he said his machines couldn't keep track of Flash, which we assumed meant FTL -- but it could've just been the fact that Flash's running destroyed his treadmill that caused the problem.

Sorry man, didn't mean to offend you, I didn't underline that portion for that part, but moreso for the part where KEA points out Flash has the more impressive speed feats. I know him to be very knowledgeable and just deferred to his POV.

Upon further research I found this to be the prevailing comment regarding Flash's speed (so it's actually 239xftl and not 260xftl), and it was uncontroverted so I will concede that Superman is much faster than Flash at the moment since Barry does not have travel speed feats putting him anywhere near that level that I am aware of. But in their fight, it did look like he had the much faster reaction time, even though he did eventually get clipped.

@dredeuced said:
@wardemon32 said:

@bane_of_sith: 150 times FTL??? I think your math is way of on this one lol

Traveled from Pluto to Earth in a minute to catch up with Red Hood's teleporter. Depending on what part of its orbit Pluto and Earth were, this is at bare minimum 150x FTL, most likely more.

@monsterstomp said:

@dredeuced: 4.3 billion kilometers is the closest Pluto would be to Earth then. According to wiki. Which would be 2,671,896,126.6 miles.

If that is the case, then it takes light 14,343 seconds to travel that far. Divide that by 60 to get minutes and superman is 239x the speed of light.

Superman is, at bare minimum, 239x faster than Flash right now in New-52. Fastest man alive my rump, heh.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderbuck: Man how'd you find that? I was looking all over.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By spiderbuck1
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By willpayton

Thor will destroy flash. He is a god, he is strong and he is fast. Although flash is fast. Thor would just need to hit him once and he is done. If flash was with the justice league mabye he would stand a chance. With flash running super speed and with Mjolnir about to hit Flash head on. There is only one way this goes.

Thor has no chance of hitting Flash unless Flash slows down and lets him. Flash's speed >> Thor's speed

As far as strength, with the Speed Force Flash is actually very strong and can easily one-shot most people on either DC or Marvel Earth.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Dredeuced

@spiderbuck: Both Barry and Superman have gotten faster and more skilled in using their abilities since their first encounter in JL, which was set 5 years in the past. This would be before superman's training and before Barry learned how to use the speed mind or phase to blow stuff up, for instance.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By spiderbuck1

@dredeuced said:

@spiderbuck: Both Barry and Superman have gotten faster and more skilled in using their abilities since their first encounter in JL, which was set 5 years in the past. This would be before superman's training and before Barry learned how to use the speed mind or phase to blow stuff up, for instance.

So who do you think is faster now and who would win in a fight?

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced said:

Superman is clearly got the better speed feats. Barry fights faster. Superman would win in the comics. Outside of comics and applying their powersets, Barry would win.

heymanjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heymanjack said:
No Caption Provided

Sorry for the swearing.

Isn't this Barry?

I think so. So even then if thor can attack faster that light flash would still see the attacks coming and can move out of the way

heymanjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Flash is so fast he beats instantaneous teleportation. I'm sure flash can hang with people who can fight at FTL speeds.

captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm...well, Wally lent speed to the JLA, who proceeded to soften up Anti-Monitor pretty good. He was pretty busted up already by the time Wally finished him off.

captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Flash is so fast he beats instantaneous teleportation. I'm sure flash can hang with people who can fight at FTL speeds.

Well, it actually is a "trans-time" feat, as the narration indicates. Wally has traveled time on numerous occasions under his own speed.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeaah flash is powerful but kids jajaja, thor will do this: fly to the moon, say ahh midgard i will miss you, ahh i want some really good holydays *godblast earth and flash and pretty much everything die". also if he wants he can beat the flash hand to hand -.-

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeaah flash is powerful but kids jajaja, thor will do this: fly to the moon, say ahh midgard i will miss you, ahh i want some really good holydays *godblast earth and flash and pretty much everything die". also if he wants he can beat the flash hand to hand -.-

lol, no....Flash can fly using super speed... Thor wouldn't make it into the stratosphere....even if he got into space, Flash can run in space...

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern said:

@spiderbuck said:

Meh. He's lost to Marvel's Runner and Silver Surfer.

Well he shouldn't have.

Runner is cannonically slower than Buried Alien, who was Barry Allen after coming to the Marvel universe.

In a race, but he's still exceedingly fast and moreover cosmically enhanced. Anyway feel free to bump the threads and 'have at thee', as Hercules would say.

edit: and he lost to Void as well.

He lost to Fernus in comics.

heymanjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By heymanjack

@mjolnirson: Flash can run in space. Thor is not quick enough to fly to the moon before flash gets to him and even if he starts there flash w\is quick enough to catch him to kick his ass in less than a second.

Thor maybe a god but he can't stand thousands of infinite mass punches before he could blink. but lets say that he can. Flash will turn him into a statue via speed steal or phase his brain outta his head.

No Caption Provided

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash has specifically run off of an exploding planet before. He's also run out of a Black Hole -- twice. I don't think godblasting the Earth, even if it could destroy it (I'm doubtful) would kill him.

Also it is quite rude to call people kids when you're trying to get a point across.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#86  Edited By Bezza

Flash, fighting to the death is too fast for anyone. Thor got tagged numerous times by Hulk in the Avengers, its well known that he often doesn't fight using his brains but goes for slugging it out with people like Hulk, getting bested more often than not. I really don't see what he can do to a Flash who is absolutely going for it, as the OP says. Basically if they are fighting to the death, Flash has removed his brain from his head before he has blinked.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor has hit Surfer and always does with no problem, he hits Loki with no problem (who has lightspeed feats) and outsped Quicksilver and was said to be at least as fast as lightning. Plus he swings his Hammer at 3x FTL, travelling, it's around 500milllionx FTL or something ridiculous.

But, like I said Flash isn't starting off at max speed, if they're close he might, might reach 10x speed of light, and with Thor swinging at 3x speed of light, Flash is getting hit and thus dying as he can't tank Mjolnir.

Also, Flash has NEVER, EVER shown the ability to throw thousands of IMPs or even more than 1 at a time, so until he does......he can't. No feats.

As for phasing Thor's brain out of his head, maybe even though he's only done it once from what I can see and Thor is a lot more durable than Amazo's showings (though he SHOULD be Superman+ durability, but w/e) , So it's unknown how much time it would take Flash to phase through his skin/head/muscles/etc. If it takes any time at all, Flash is dying.

And of course, Thor can immediately BFR to a blackhole or a center of a star and watch Flash die as he burns/is ripped apart by gravity

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By spiderbuck1

@dredeuced said:

@spiderbuck said:

@dredeuced said:

Superman is clearly got the better speed feats. Barry fights faster. Superman would win in the comics. Outside of comics and applying their powersets, Barry would win.

Thanks man.

@bigcimmerian said:
@spiderbuck said:
@sheenlantern said:

@spiderbuck said:

Meh. He's lost to Marvel's Runner and Silver Surfer.

Well he shouldn't have.

Runner is cannonically slower than Buried Alien, who was Barry Allen after coming to the Marvel universe.

In a race, but he's still exceedingly fast and moreover cosmically enhanced. Anyway feel free to bump the threads and 'have at thee', as Hercules would say.

edit: and he lost to Void as well.

He lost to Fernus in comics.

Thanks!

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: The Vision tried phasing through Thor, and ended up getting his ass kicked. Also, I haven't seen New 52 Flash do this.

heymanjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor has hit Surfer and always does with no problem, he hits Loki with no problem (who has lightspeed feats) and outsped Quicksilver and was said to be at least as fast as lightning. Plus he swings his Hammer at 3x FTL, travelling, it's around 500milllionx FTL or something ridiculous.

But, like I said Flash isn't starting off at max speed, if they're close he might, might reach 10x speed of light, and with Thor swinging at 3x speed of light, Flash is getting hit and thus dying as he can't tank Mjolnir.

Also, Flash has NEVER, EVER shown the ability to throw thousands of IMPs or even more than 1 at a time, so until he does......he can't. No feats.

As for phasing Thor's brain out of his head, maybe even though he's only done it once from what I can see and Thor is a lot more durable than Amazo's showings (though he SHOULD be Superman+ durability, but w/e) , So it's unknown how much time it would take Flash to phase through his skin/head/muscles/etc. If it takes any time at all, Flash is dying.

And of course, Thor can immediately BFR to a blackhole or a center of a star and watch Flash die as he burns/is ripped apart by gravity

Wow. Read the scans I posted.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heymanjack said:

Wow. Read the scans I posted.

Do you have any New52 scans that put Flash at over 239 x ftl ?

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: The Vision tried phasing through Thor, and ended up getting his ass kicked. Also, I haven't seen New 52 Flash do this.

The problem here being Vision is incredibly slow relative to Flash and easy to catch for Thor, not to mention their phasing operates differently.

Everyone hits Surfer with no problem. Despite amazing travel speed, Surfer has consistently never fought with anything resembling great speed. When Thor has problems hitting Spiderman and plainly admits that Wolverine and Quicksilver fight significantly faster than him then I think it's quite obvious Flash would fight circles around him.

Swinging his hammer is not reaction speed.

Barry can't even use IMPs. Wally plainly stated he could throw a thousand pretty effortlessly -- because they were just normal punches to him when he's going at a certain speed. Flash has punched thousands of times in less than a second plenty of times, the only difference is the speed at which he does it. He's literally never had to throw thousands of IMPs before because it straight one shots people who have Superman level durability. Why would he ever throw thousands when he KOs Martians in one shot?

Thor is not more durable than Amazo, and frankly it doesn't matter. How durable someone is doesn't stop them from phasing through you. Despite the fact that Thor has caught vision before, Vision has phased through him before, as has Shadowcat. Thor's durability doesn't apply to phasing attacks. It does take time, but it takes less time than Thor can react to. Unless you're saying Thor has literally instant reactions, in which case I wonder why he consistently struggles with anyone sporting anything resembling decent agility. I also don't see how Flash dies. Every single iteration of the Flash has tanked hits from the likes of Black Adam, Superman+ level strength beings, other members of the JL like Wonder Woman, IMPs from reverse Flashes, the list goes on. Thor hitting Flash would never kill him.

Wally has escaped a Black Hole twice. I'd also like to see Thor BFR someone to a Black Hole. That's A: Something I've never seen him do and B: reeks of a classic feat he can't recreate anymore like infinity vortex or whatever C: probably relies on Thor creating a portal that he'd somehow have to force Flash to enter, which I doubt would be easy.

Like I said, a bloodlusted Flash blows him up or takes his brain out of his head. It's a simple fight.

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By OhItsThatGuy

@dredeuced: Thor has escaped black holes too and Silver Surfer has never once beaten Thor in their long history together.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Dredeuced

@dredeuced: Thor has escaped black holes too and Silver Surfer has never once beaten Thor in their long history together.

Despite every single time they've fought he's sat there begging Thor to stop because he didn't want to hurt him because they're friends.

I also addressed the Surfer comment earlier, pointing out how Surfer almost never uses his speed in fights, and definitively doesn't when he fights Thor and they just slug it out. Thor struggles with much slower opponents who use their speed against him a lot more often.

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: Thor purposefully tones himself down when dealing with mortal opponents. Also, Silver Surfer never just sits there. He fights back, and still gets blitzed. Also, I don't see how Barry's phasing plan is going to work when phasing didn't work for Vision, and when we don't know anything about Thor's physiology. The man bleeds rainbows.

heymanjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By heymanjack

@dredeuced: Thor purposefully tones himself down when dealing with mortal opponents. Also, Silver Surfer never just sits there. He fights back, and still gets blitzed. Also, I don't see how Barry's phasing plan is going to work when phasing didn't work for Vision, and when we don't know anything about Thor's physiology. The man bleeds rainbows.

Flash can atomize Thor if flash can't push thor's brain out.

No Caption Provided

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Moonman78

Please, flash doesn't go around beating top tiers by himself, you can say its because of plot if u want but we have nothing else to go on. Flash beating Thor is highly laughable he could easily get one shotted once Thor gets his hands on him

heymanjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for barryallen_shazam
BarryAllen_Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash awwwww Flash he's the savior of the universe!

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please, flash doesn't go around beating top tiers by himself, you can say its because of plot if u want but we have nothing else to go on. Flash beating Thor is highly laughable he could easily get one shotted once Thor gets his hands on him

Flash has been hit by people who hit as hard or harder than Thor literally hundreds of times in his career and has rarely, if ever, been one shotted by it. Hell, even New-52 Barry has literally taken a bloodlusted supergirl knee to the face and the extent of the damage was...his nose was bleeding.

In the one in one quadrillion chance Thor could actually hit a Flash through their enormous speed and reaction speed advantage, it would hardly be a oneshot. The "Well if they get their hands on the Flash" line gets thrown around a lot and it never made a lot of sense.