• 59 results
#1 Posted by XiiX (7413 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of Thor and Deathstroke, who has the superior reflexes/reaction time?

#2 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor has microsecond reaction time

What's Deathstroke's

#3 Posted by Spartan101 (2281 posts) - - Show Bio

pretty sure thor is better

#4 Posted by Killemall (18244 posts) - - Show Bio

Without the hammer and in the ground perhaps arguable.

With the hammer Thor :)

#5 Posted by Needlebay (1931 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade.

#6 Posted by Immortal777 (6826 posts) - - Show Bio

slade

#7 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16936 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall said:

What does it matter for Thor? 

Thor has at least microsecond reaction speed, at best light speed one.
#8 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

What does it matter for Thor? Thor has at least microsecond reaction speed, at best light speed one.

Really? Where did you see that? This isn't travelling speed, we're talking Pure reactions speed on the ground, when he's stationary.

#9 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio

@Needlebay said:

Slade.

@Immortal777 said:

slade

I haven't seen many reaction speed feats from Slade. What has he done?

#10 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16936 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

What does it matter for Thor? Thor has at least microsecond reaction speed, at best light speed one.

Really? Where did you see that? This isn't travelling speed, we're talking Pure reactions speed on the ground, when he's stationary.

When he was helping Rulk, when Rulk was going into Black Hole. Thor was flying FTL (without that speed he wouldn't be able to help Red Hulk) and was able to react fast enough to catch Rulk at full speed. 
It is debatable (that is why I've said "at best"), but microsecond one isn't. 

And Mjolnir doesn't amp Thor's stats at all.
#11 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@ReVamp said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

When he was helping Rulk, when Rulk was going into Black Hole. Thor was flying FTL (without that speed he wouldn't be able to help Red Hulk) and was able to react fast enough to catch Rulk at full speed. It is debatable (that is why I've said "at best"), but microsecond one isn't. And Mjolnir doesn't amp Thor's stats at all.

But the point is that he was flying FTL. Obviously when a character is traveling FTL or at around the same speed they have to exhibit reaction of a similar speed.

#12 Posted by jashro44 (19500 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09 said:

@Needlebay said:

Slade.

@Immortal777 said:

slade

I haven't seen many reaction speed feats from Slade. What has he done?

Reacted to kid flash. All though we don't know how fast kid flash was moving.
#13 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Yeah, I remember that.

#14 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I would assume Thor has the greater reaction speed but Deathstroke definitely utilizes his more.

Thor is just a brawler and rarely fights smart.

#15 Posted by progenitor (7532 posts) - - Show Bio

I would give Thor the majority, as he's reacted to speedsters as well (once KO'd Quicksilver by a ground-smash before Pietro could get to him). Deathstroke may use his reaction time more, due to his skill, yet Thor isn't completely without skill, he fights smarter than Namor, for sure.

#16 Posted by prinplup45 (201 posts) - - Show Bio

thor

#17 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

#18 Posted by Nefarious (18581 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor stomps.

#19 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

Thor stomps.

This.

#20 Edited by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@progenitor said:

I would give Thor the majority, as he's reacted to speedsters as well (once KO'd Quicksilver by a ground-smash before Pietro could get to him)

That's not a reaction feat. That's Thor devastating a wider area of effect to prevent QS from running because he otherwise failed to react to him directly. Deathstroke, on the other hand, has reacted to speedsters directly on multiple occasions. Of course, everyone will start saying it's either PIS or that he has only ever done it with prep (both of which are untrue).

Thor has supposedly better feats than Slade if we dig up 50 year old scans where he reacts in microseconds. And pretty much nothing else that I have ever seen. 
#21 Posted by God_Spawn (37293 posts) - - Show Bio
Thor has supposedly better feats than Slade if we dig up 50 year old scans where he reacts in microseconds. And pretty much nothing else that I have ever seen.

Pretty much this. Thor's reaction time hasn't been consistent for awhile now. In fact most of Marvel's strong guys that do have super human speed and reflexes tend to have slower feats and trouble tagging supposedly less fast opponents. Thor's got a few good speed feats decades ago, but nowadays he's admitted Wolverine is faster and he doesn't have current feats on the ground that really suggest otherwise, at least to my knowledge.

#22 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn: I have read the past two Thor volumes in their entirety, and I honestly don't recall him reacting at explicitly stated or demonstrated superhuman speeds in either one of them (akin to what characters such as Superman are portrayed to do regularly). If anyone has any recent examples of him doing so, I'll be more than pleased to concede and revise my statement.
#23 Posted by God_Spawn (37293 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: I would be very pleased to be proved wrong as well. I would be very happy if they gave Thor his speed back. I don't think street levelers should be faster than he is.

#24 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:

@Morpheus_: I would be very pleased to be proved wrong as well. I would be very happy if they gave Thor his speed back. I don't think street levelers should be faster than he is.

Co-signed. I'd much prefer it if the major Marvel powerhouses were written similarly to DC's in terms of reaction timing.
#25 Posted by XiiX (7413 posts) - - Show Bio

*Tap

#26 Edited by jashro44 (19500 posts) - - Show Bio

Changed my mind deathstroke wins.

#27 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@ReVamp said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

When he was helping Rulk, when Rulk was going into Black Hole. Thor was flying FTL (without that speed he wouldn't be able to help Red Hulk) and was able to react fast enough to catch Rulk at full speed. It is debatable (that is why I've said "at best"), but microsecond one isn't. And Mjolnir doesn't amp Thor's stats at all.

But the point is that he was flying FTL. Obviously when a character is traveling FTL or at around the same speed they have to exhibit reaction of a similar speed.

False. They were not yet at the event horizon (the part of the black hole where you need to be faster than light to escape). The event horizon is the black part (Because you need to be faster than light to escape...)

Not sure what you mean by exhibit reaction of a similar speed, but you can go extraordinarily fast and have crappy reaction times, especially if you're flying in space where there are not a lot of things you'd need to dodge or go around and they tend to be hundreds of thousands of miles apart.

#28 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@vuviper said:

False. They were not yet at the event horizon (the part of the black hole where you need to be faster than light to escape). The event horizon is the black part (Because you need to be faster than light to escape...)

Not sure what you mean by exhibit reaction of a similar speed, but you can go extraordinarily fast and have crappy reaction times, especially if you're flying in space where there are not a lot of things you'd need to dodge or go around and they tend to be hundreds of thousands of miles apart.

I'm not following you in the first part.

And of course you can go at incredible speeds and still have extremely crappy reaction times, but you shouldn't make an argument that Thor has a light speed reaction time in combat by using a feat he used in travel speed.

#29 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: First part was intended for czarny

#30 Posted by ThatThorFan (951 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@Nefarious said:

Thor stomps.

This.

@majestic99 said:

Thor.

@prinplup45 said:

thor

@progenitor said:

I would give Thor the majority, as he's reacted to speedsters as well (once KO'd Quicksilver by a ground-smash before Pietro could get to him). Deathstroke may use his reaction time more, due to his skill, yet Thor isn't completely without skill, he fights smarter than Namor, for sure.

@Killemall said:

@Spartan101 said:

pretty sure thor is better

Thor wins.

#31 Posted by Saren (25269 posts) - - Show Bio

In a random fight against a random opponent, Slade.

#32 Posted by ShootingNova (15469 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor should take this. Give him Megingjord, Odinforce or both, and he takes this with ease.

#33 Posted by deadpool6_6_6 (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#34 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

ds

#35 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@vuviper said:

So would that mean we're agreeing, or we're debating?

#36 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Classic thor wins. No idea about current.

Classic Thor and Modern Thor are both essentially Thor....

@ReVamp said:

I'm not following you in the first part.

And of course you can go at incredible speeds and still have extremely crappy reaction times, but you shouldn't make an argument that Thor has a light speed reaction time in combat by using a feat he used in travel speed.

FTL Travel speed=><=FTL Reactionary speed

#37 Posted by deadpool6_6_6 (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

deathstroke

#38 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@vuviper said:

So would that mean we're agreeing, or we're debating?

I think we agree, I'm not sure, I might have misunderstood what you were saying to him

#39 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@vuviper: Were you saying Thor had FTL reaction time? If so, we disagree. If not, we agree.

#40 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@vuviper: Were you saying Thor had FTL reaction time? If so, we disagree. If not, we agree.

No I was saying even if he can fly FTL doesn't mean he has a good reaction time

#41 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@vuviper said:

@ReVamp said:

No I was saying even if he can fly FTL doesn't mean he has a good reaction time

Then we're in complete agreement.

#42 Posted by XiiX (7413 posts) - - Show Bio

*Bump

#43 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

Unless this is DCU, Classic Thor=Current Thor.

#44 Posted by Saren (25269 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke.

#45 Posted by entropy_aegis (14205 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke

#46 Posted by Immortal777 (6826 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke the Terminator.

#47 Posted by dondave (34227 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke ftw, isn't wolverine faster Thor

#48 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

#49 Posted by Old_Chris (58 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to say Thor, but considering he has gotten blitzed by characters with literally almost no speed at all on multiple occasions and street levelers have remarked about how slow he is, as well as even admitting that Wolverine is faster than him.....I'm having second thoughts.

#50 Posted by Charlie_Jade (523 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Changed my mind deathstroke wins.

Thor IMO is the victim of bad writing, not always....I mean he's not as fast as Flash or Surfer but someone of Thor's showings are poor

some of Thor's showings are just down to writers lowballing Thor to make his fights vs street levelers more interesting

I'm not saying Thor is a speed blitzer. Personally I think Thor has super speed in a straight line and his reflexes might be bullet time or his reactions might only be bullet time

but Thor does have a few feats that might be considered FTL or microsecond reaction...Thor has high showings too, are we supposed to Ignore all these !?

I don't believe Thor is that fast, but he did show speed in his last space fight....just throwing that out there is all

l