This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by grevous11 (360 posts) - - Show Bio
 death star w/ laser  
 regular thor

the battle starts with the death star pounding thor with one laser blast. from there, thor has to fly onboard and proceed to find and kill the emporer and darth vader. can he do it?
#2 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

#3 Posted by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

Can thor survive a planet busting beam and still have the strength to take on vader and palpatine together all at once?

#4 Edited by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor have survived Supernova explosion, I don't see Deathstar do a thing to him. One God blast to the heaviest shielded part and Deathstar exploded in Hollywood manner.

#5 Posted by WillPayton (9328 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Thor can win without ever going on board the Death Star, he can just let his hammer rip through it until it's a floating scrap yard.

#6 Posted by The_Mayhem_Theory (1060 posts) - - Show Bio
The OP basically states that Thor survived the most powerful weapon on the Death Star, a planetary buster. This gives Thor the win.
#7 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a mismatch. Placing Thor against not only the Emperor but the Death Star also? Either one is sufficient to beat him. Both is ridiculous.

#8 Posted by chucknorrisreturned (266 posts) - - Show Bio

Sith stomp sith use the force, Chuck Norris IS the force

#9 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1649 posts) - - Show Bio

So you're saying that Thor can resist a shot from the Death Star? Then after that fly onboard and kill Vader and co? Bit presumptuious...Thor could possible die in that initial blast because the Death Star is able to blow up a planet. Thor doesn't deflect the initial blast he's HIT WITH IT! I say Death Star wins

#10 Posted by chucknorrisreturned (266 posts) - - Show Bio

@4donkeyjohnson said:

So you're saying that Thor can resist a shot from the Death Star? Then after that fly onboard and kill Vader and co? Bit presumptuious...Thor could possible die in that initial blast because the Death Star is able to blow up a planet. Thor doesn't deflect the initial blast he's HIT WITH IT! I say Death Star wins

What is this post beneath me mean?

@AngryHulks said:

Thor have survived Supernova explosion, I don't see Deathstar do a thing to him. One God blast to the heaviest shielded part and Deathstar exploded in Hollywood manner.

#11 Posted by war of light_2814 (814 posts) - - Show Bio

you guys have no clue what you're talking about...

1.I'm not really sure what Thor need to do , I mean is he allow to create force field or deflect the beam with mjornir or just plain tank it as in durability test.

2.Death star's energy output is much,much more than one that need to bust planet and surviving supernova is not really impressive as someone might thing since it's omni-directional blast which mean Thor only recieve small percentage of it actual power ,focused blast from deathstar's laser is a different thing.

3.Thor real purpose is to kill Palpy and Vader right?so the short answer is he'll fail in his mission.

#12 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@war of light_2814:

2.Death star's energy output is much,much more than one that need to bust planet and surviving supernova is not really impressive as someone might thing since it's omni-directional blast which mean Thor only recieve small percentage of it actual power ,focused blast from deathstar's laser is a different thing.

Well, Supernova is really powerful even though the force is distributed omni-directional. I know science won't always apply to comic book, but IIIRC, one of astronomy book stated that if Supernova is placed a light year away from Earth it'll outshine the Sun. Even at 100 light years away, the radiation could still destroy most of the ozone layers. Supernova will decimate any planet even in Neptune's orbit, which will outperform Death Star. Death Star can't destroy a star (if they were, then inventing the Sun Crusher will no longer be necessary), and Supernova is almost the same as star destroying itself.

#13 Posted by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

Palpatine solo's via mind rape

thread/

#14 Posted by war of light_2814 (814 posts) - - Show Bio

@AngryHulks:

I didn't said that deathstar laser is more powerful than supernova .what's really matter is how much thor actually tank which would depend on the distance between thor and the exploding sun so deathstar being able to bust the star or not is irrevelant.

#15 Posted by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@war of light_2814 said:

@AngryHulks:

I didn't said that deathstar laser is more powerful than supernova .what's really matter is how much thor actually tank which would depend on the distance between thor and the exploding sun so deathstar being able to bust the star or not is irrevelant.

When did NORMAL thor take a super nova unscathed?

I mean normal thor gets over powered by trolls

#16 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rainy: Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Well, anyway, power fluctuation is pretty common in comic book.

#17 Posted by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@AngryHulks said:

@Rainy: Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Well, anyway, power fluctuation is pretty common in comic book.

Well Normal thor is kinda weak sauce in durability and strength compared to his other versions.

#18 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@war of light_2814 said:

so deathstar being able to bust the star or not is irrevelant.

The Death Star's superlaser is equal to a stellar core anyway. It is equal to the combined firepower of the entire Imperial navy, which incorporates capital ships with gigatons of striking force in their turbolasers. It can destroy a planet of any mass, well beyond earth-sized worlds. 

Thor is not simply tanking this as if nothing happened. 

I mean is he allow to create force field or deflect the beam with mjornir or just plain tank it as in durability test.

None of this matters, because Thor would never have the opportunity. The superlaser travels at light speed. He is not fast enough to deflect or defend against it.
#19 Edited by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

thor gets Lasered

#20 Posted by Shawnbaby (10584 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't even know why anyone is actually seriously discussing this lame thread

#21 Posted by war of light_2814 (814 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rainy: you're asking the wrong guy I'm not the one who bring that up.

@Silver2467 said:

Thor is not simply tanking this as if nothing happened.

I'm arguing against the idea of Thor simply tanking it because the reason they give didn't seem right to me nevertheless thanks for the info.

why the hell it look like I'me siding with Thor.

#22 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@war of light_2814 said: 

I'm arguing against the idea of Thor simply tanking it because the reason they give didn't seem right to me nevertheless thanks for the info.

The argument for his resisting it is flawed; though in all fairness, Rainy posted a scan of Thor being physically staggered by other characters as an argument for him not resisting it, which is just as flawed. 

Sure thing. 

Hmm?
#23 Edited by war of light_2814 (814 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467 said:

Hmm?

A guy ask me to bring Thor tanking supernova scan and you telling me Thor won't just tank superlaser like nothing somehow it look like I'm the one who said Thor survive supernova so death star won't effect him.

#24 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

Thor.

#25 Posted by a88378438 (3421 posts) - - Show Bio

death star

#26 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8598 posts) - - Show Bio

Like Mark Lillly said: Wait What?

#27 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

.....stomps.

#28 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@war of light_2814 said:

@Silver2467 said:

Hmm?

A guy ask me to bring Thor tanking supernova scan and you telling me Thor won't just tank superlaser like nothing somehow it look like I'm the one who said Thor survive supernova so death star won't effect him.

Ah, I see. I never meant to insinuate that, just further your point.
#29 Posted by Nefarious (19515 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor throws his hammer at the Death Star and it hits the Emperor on the head, knocking him out. Meanwhile, the death star gets destroyed from within.

#30 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

Complete mismatch in Thor's favor.

#31 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17144 posts) - - Show Bio

Mjolnir absorbs DS's beam, redirect it and destroy DS...

#32 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure how this is fair, but I'll rectify that.