Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By devilmarine

DMC2 Dante.
No quicksilver in any fight.

The first round is hand-to-hand combat, with no magical powers, other than devil-trigger and Thor's warrior madness. Both will still have their physical abilities, like super-strength, endurance, ect though. 

Second fight is weapons, with ALL magical powers.

Last fight is a combination of both weapons, magical powers and hand-to-hand combat, basically a fight 'em all out.

Mr Golden Rod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mr Golden Rod

Do guns work on Thor ? If not then Thor would win.

devilmarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By devilmarine
@Mr Golden Rod: I'm not sure the power of Dantes' bullets, so I couldn't answer this truthfully. In the game, they couldn't even crack a pool-table ball. However, in the anime, they could shoot down a metal-bridge.....
Jade1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jade1977

Thor.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Thor turns that blond pretty boy into goo.

SavageBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SavageBeast

Thor got this.

Primarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Primarch

You bumped an almost year old thread to agree......really?

SavageBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SavageBeast

Ya really.

Avatar image for mkmarveldcfan4life
MKMarvelDCfan4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thor.

SMDfanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SMDfanboys

Let's play devil's advocate.

Dante is extremely fast up close, Thor has horrible combat speed.

Anyone above Supersonic could blitz him rather easily.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ms__omega

They wouldn't fight each other Thor would comment on Dante's fighting ability the the two of them would go grab some mead and kick frost giant tail together.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By nefarious

Thor wins.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SMDfanboys: These are all low showings and 2 of those scans were Eric Masterson posing as Thor.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By GunGunW

I don't think Dante has ever done anything to put him in the same leagues as Thor. He maaaaaaaaaaaaaay have a speed advantage, but I'm not so sure about that. Other than that I think Thor has everything else to bring to the table, such as IMMENSELY more physical strength, and all the powers of his hammer. Even in the rounds where no weapons are allowed, Thor is going to dominate IMO. In the first game, he does some pretty impressive stuff in these cut scenes, but nothing that implies he would beat Thor. But again, I could be wrong.

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Laurcus

If Royal Guard is allowed, does Thor have anything that he can speed blitz Dante with? Because from what we've seen, Royal Guard has no limits, so you have to be faster than Dante or he gets an auto win.

Some other posters commented on the strength of Dante's bullets, and since their posts are over a year old I don't want to reply to them, but I do want to address that. Dante's bullets are infused with his demonic energy. The older Dante gets, the more powerful he becomes, which increases the power of his bullets. At the end of DMC 2, the oldest and most powerful version of Dante, he one shots the Despair Embodied with one bullet. The Despair Embodied is an amalgamation of demon lords. It was more powerful than the devil, and his first form, Argosax The Chaos was the only being that Dante's father, Sparda failed to kill. The Despair Embodied was by all accounts, the strongest being in the DMC universe. And in the cutscene Dante killed him effortlessly without even going into DT. And in lore, no one has ever forced him into his Majin Devil Trigger form.

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SMDfanboys said:

Yeah, Thor can only use his hammer to make him fly faster than light, but by no means move his limbs and reflexes at that speed.

Relentless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Relentless1

@MKMarvelDCfan4life said:

Thor

@Jade1977 said:

Thor.

@SavageBeast said:

Thor got this.

THIS...

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Laurcus

@Relentless1 said:

@MKMarvelDCfan4life said:

Thor

@Jade1977 said:

Thor.

@SavageBeast said:

Thor got this.

THIS...

Generally, you should only bump older threads if you have something new to add to the discussion.

Anywho, no one has yet addressed my argument of Dante's Royal Block being unbeatable without a speed blitz.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kingkronos

Thor stomps.

Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Laurcus: Simply because royal guard has never blocked anything on the same power as thor.

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Laurcus

@Death Certificate said:

@Laurcus: Simply because royal guard has never blocked anything on the same power as thor.

It has never failed to block ANY attack though, regardless of the power of said attack. From the lowliest melee attack to a giant beam of energy capable of wiping out a city, nothing even strains the Royal Block technique. It's not just that it's never failed, it's never even shown a sign of weakening.

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rebellion has been stated to be capable of cutting through anything on the Physical plane of existence, with only other things from outside that plane being capable of stopping it. Only DMC3 and DMC4 Rebellion show any wear, and at this point it still was regarded as seriously powerful with nothing damaging it.

Basically Thor could deflect Rebellion with Mjolnir but if he scores a hit on his body then it will go through.

Bullet damage has already been mentioned.

Dante wins ignoring a speed blitz.

Avatar image for marvelavengersalliance10
MarvelAvengersAlliance10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By IZZR

Dante.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jeanroygrant

@IZZR said:

Dante.

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By IZZR
@jeanroygrant said:

@IZZR said:

Dante.

No Caption Provided
Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Laurcus

@Pwok21 said:

Rebellion has been stated to be capable of cutting through anything on the Physical plane of existence, with only other things from outside that plane being capable of stopping it. Only DMC3 and DMC4 Rebellion show any wear, and at this point it still was regarded as seriously powerful with nothing damaging it.

Basically Thor could deflect Rebellion with Mjolnir but if he scores a hit on his body then it will go through.

Bullet damage has already been mentioned.

Dante wins ignoring a speed blitz.

That is incorrect. You're thinking of Yamato, not Rebellion, and even that is a misconception. The exact quote is, "

Would either of you care to address my argument for Dante's Royal Guard style?

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Laurcus:

No, I'm not being stupid.

The Hideki Kamiya stated in an interview about DMC and DMC2 that Rebellion is 'capable of cutting through anything on the physical plane'.

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Laurcus

@Pwok21 said:

@Laurcus:

No, I'm not being stupid.

The Hideki Kayima stated in an interview about DMC and DMC2 that Rebellion is 'capable of cutting through anything on the physical plane'.

Would you mind citing a source for this? Because I've never heard of this before.

And on a side note, the heck happened to the text I quoted? It just vanished after I posted it. Along with the couple lines I wrote explaining the quote. In case you didn't see it, I referenced Yamato's description from DMC 3 Special Edition.

And I never said you were being stupid. I don't want you to think I'm insulting you.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jeanroygrant

@IZZR said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@IZZR said:

Dante.

No Caption Provided

Thor would cave Dante's head in so bad, that the planet would explode lol.

zackattack529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By zackattack529

When i play MvC 3 i always stomp Thor with Dante. but somehow i have a feeling that if they were both "REAL"

Thor would stomp

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By IZZR
@jeanroygrant said:

@IZZR said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@IZZR said:

Dante.

No Caption Provided

Never...Dante has 100+ strength and is faster than Thor and seems waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better skilled and can infact withstand enchanted swords to the chest casually and laughs them off i think a sword to Thors chest would end him, prove me wrong if you can.
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jeanroygrant

@IZZR said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@IZZR said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@IZZR said:

Dante.

No Caption Provided

Never...Dante has 100+ strength and is faster than Thor and seems waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better skilled and can infact withstand enchanted swords to the chest casually and laughs them off i think a sword to Thors chest would end him, prove me wrong if you can.
  1. Yes he is in the 100 ton ranges, but the Thor is in the quadrillion. That's not even close.
  2. Yes he is more skilled than Thor
  3. Thor can also tank that
  4. A scythe that sliced Mjolnir in two, couldn't cut Thor's skin
icysloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By icysloth

thor wins, this is a mismatch

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Laurcus

@icysloth said:

You three have indicated Thor would win. Would any of you like to address my argument for Dante's Royal Guard style?

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Onemoreposter

@SMDfanboys said:

To be honest though, those last three scans aren't of Thor exactly. That's Eric Masterson with Mjolnir posing as Thor.

icysloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By icysloth

@Laurcus: @Laurcus said:

@Death Certificate said:

It has never failed to block ANY attack though, regardless of the power of said attack. From the lowliest melee attack to a giant beam of energy capable of wiping out a city, nothing even strains the Royal Block technique. It's not just that it's never failed, it's never even shown a sign of weakening.

Thor can god blast destory planets dante isn't blocking a god blast. Thor is stronger, Dante doesn't always use royal guard and rebellion isn't capable if cutting through anything, it takes more than one hit to kill some enemies. Its not the saint of killers colt revolvers. Trust me I despise thor and have played every DMC game and nothing would make me happier than for Dante to knock Thor down a few pegs but without PIS that just aint going to happen.

skarX37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By skarX37

@SMDfanboys: there is no way dante could ever beat thor....Stop posting PIS moments...those are just bad writing..!!

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Deadgod

only place Dante can beat Thor is Marvel vs Capcom lol but in reality Thor will destroy the pretty boy badly

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Laurcus

@icysloth said:

@Laurcus: @Laurcus said:

@Death Certificate said:

Thor can god blast destory planets dante isn't blocking a god blast. Thor is stronger, Dante doesn't always use royal guard and rebellion isn't capable if cutting through anything, it takes more than one hit to kill some enemies. Its not the saint of killers colt revolvers. Trust me I despise thor and have played every DMC game and nothing would make me happier than for Dante to knock Thor down a few pegs but without PIS that just aint going to happen.

I never said Rebellion can cut through anything, just to be clear, that was someone else, and I argued against that.

And you can't say that Dante can't block a god blast. Royal Block has NEVER shown any limits. Since Dante has mastered Royal Guard he hasn't taken a hit in lore, (not counting DMC 1 of course, since the concept hadn't been introduced to the series yet, despite it technically existing since DMC 3 in the storyline) so him not using it all of the time is a moot point as he has never had the chance or need to actually block attacks with it in lore.

The closest representation of Royal Block in lore is the boss fight against Dante in mission 10 of DMC 4. When in Royal Guard style, Dante automatically Royal Blocks every attack. And that's in a fight that he clearly wasn't taking seriously, what with the taunting and slow walking, not to mention how he just casually ends the fight by asking Nero if he's cooled off yet.

This is my argument for how the fight would actually play out. Thor would charge, and open up by swinging Mjolnir. Dante would attempt to dodge, and one of two things would happen. 1. Dante is too slow, so he instantly switches to Royal Guard and blocks. This would put Dante on the defensive, and force him to Royal Block several more times. After a few hits, seeing his opportunity, Dante would Royal Release Thor's next attack, using and doubling the stored energy from Thor's previous attacks, hitting Thor in the face with roughly 6-8 times the power of one of his own swings. I'm assuming this would KO Thor, if not, rinse and repeat, and next time Dante builds up a larger amount of hits. 2. Dante successfully dodges Thor's attack, and opens up for a counter attack. I have no doubt Dante's attacks would be ineffective, which would force Dante back on the defensive. Thus he would fall back to Royal Guard, to turn the enemy's own strength against him.

Avatar image for protectyournose
protectyournose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By protectyournose

Thor Wins.

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By IZZR
@jeanroygrant said:

@IZZR said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@IZZR said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@IZZR said:

Dante.

No Caption Provided

1. Yes he is in the 100 ton ranges, but the Thor is in the quadrillion. That's not even close.
If the likes of Captain America and the Wrecking Crew can hurt him with their punches and theyre at best 40+ range what do you think dante will do to him and there is no way Rebellion is not cutting through Thor that is one of the most powerful weapons in existance and furthermore he is no going to live through a sword going through his chest he is not THAT durable.
BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BringnIt

I don't know who wins but the Dante case is being argued better, in my opinion. Seems it could possibly go either way.

Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And you can't say that Dante can't block a god blast. Royal Block has NEVER shown any limits. Since Dante has mastered Royal Guard he hasn't taken a hit in lore, (not counting DMC 1 of course, since the concept hadn't been introduced to the series yet, despite it technically existing since DMC 3 in the storyline) so him not using it all of the time is a moot point as he has never had the chance or need to actually block attacks with it in lore.

Yes I can because through the whole series, Dante has never used the royal block on Thor's level, using a no limit fallacy isn't going to help your case.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jeanroygrant

@IZZRsaid:

@jeanroygrantsaid:

@IZZR said:

@jeanroygrantsaid:

@IZZR said:

@jeanroygrantsaid:

@IZZR said:

Dante.

No Caption Provided

If the likes of Captain America and the Wrecking Crew can hurt him with their punches and theyre at best 40+ range what do you think dante will do to him and there is no way Rebellion is not cutting through Thor that is one of the most powerful weapons in existance and furthermore he is no going to live through a sword going through his chest he is not THAT durable.

Captain America, has never hurt Thor. If he did that's extreme PIS. The Wrecking Crew are much stronger than 40+range. Current Wrecking Crew can't hurt Thor, only classic ones can. The sword would not cut threw Thor's chest. Thor would one-shot Dante.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Laurcus said:

@icysloth said:

You three have indicated Thor would win. Would any of you like to address my argument for Dante's Royal Guard style?

Which is what?

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Laurcus

@jeanroygrant said:

@Laurcus said:

@icysloth said:

Which is what?

If you know what Royal Guard is, skip past this part. Royal Guard is Dante's most powerful fighting style, and it possesses the ultimate defensive technique in the DMC universe, Royal Block. In gameplay, Royal Block is essentially a timing block type mechanic found in many fighting games. If you use Royal Guard right as an attack hits you, you will negate 100% of the damage from it. This works on any ability in the game, even powerful boss finishing moves that one shot you. Royal Block also stores all of the damage absorbed, which can be used via an ability called Release. But, Release can also be used similar to Block, in that if you use Release right as an attack hits you, it becomes a Royal Release, negating the hit, storing its energy, doubling the total energy, and hitting the opponent with the entire thing. Skip to about 2:10 in the following video to see extensive use of Royal Guard.

My argument is that Thor doesn't have enough speed to blitz Dante, therefore Dante gets an auto win due to Royal Guard being ridiculously OP, as it would negate all of Thor's damage, and turn his own power against him.

That's not a real fallacy. It hasn't been accepted by the Modern Language Association or the scientific community as an actual fallacy, with good reason. It was something created on the internet by people that don't understand what a fallacy is. It's not even on the wikipedia list of fallacies. I might agree with you, if there was a difference between a weak attack and a strong attack, but there's not. It blocks the melee swing of a low level mook just as effectively as it does a boss finishing move, like The Savior's giant energy beam of doom, or Agnus' instant death explosion. There's simply no precedent for Royal Block being broken.

icysloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By icysloth

@Laurcussaid:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Laurcus said:

@icysloth said:

Which is what?

If you know what Royal Guard is, skip past this part. Royal Guard is Dante's most powerful fighting style, and it possesses the ultimate defensive technique in the DMC universe, Royal Block. In gameplay, Royal Block is essentially a timing block type mechanic found in many fighting games. If you use Royal Guard right as an attack hits you, you will negate 100% of the damage from it. This works on any ability in the game, even powerful boss finishing moves that one shot you. Royal Block also stores all of the damage absorbed, which can be used via an ability called Release. But, Release can also be used similar to Block, in that if you use Release right as an attack hits you, it becomes a Royal Release, negating the hit, storing its energy, doubling the total energy, and hitting the opponent with the entire thing. Skip to about 2:10 in the following video to see extensive use of Royal Guard.

My argument is that Thor doesn't have enough speed to blitz Dante, therefore Dante gets an auto win due to Royal Guard being ridiculously OP, as it would negate all of Thor's damage, and turn his own power against him.

That's not a real fallacy. It hasn't been accepted by the Modern Language Association or the scientific community as an actual fallacy, with good reason. It was something created on the internet by people that don't understand what a fallacy is. It's not even on the wikipedia list of fallacies. I might agree with you, if there was a difference between a weak attack and a strong attack, but there's not. It blocks the melee swing of a low level mook just as effectively as it does a boss finishing move, like The Savior's giant energy beam of doom, or Agnus' instant death explosion. There's simply no precedent for Royal Block being broken.

Do you realize how ridiculous your argument is, by your logic Dante can just block everything thus he can beat people we all know he can't beat like Thor but even people above Thor, like Odin, and people above Odin like Galactus, by your logic he could even block the LT attacks, oh and TOAA attacks becuase he can just block anything and amplify there power back at his opponent. And wikipedias list of fallacy's isn't comprehensive, stop trolling.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jeanroygrant

@icysloth said:

@Laurcussaid:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Laurcus said:

@icysloth said:

Which is what?

Do you realize how ridiculous your argument is, by your logic Dante can just block everything thus he can beat people we all know he can't beat like Thor but even people above Thor, like Odin, and people above Odin like Galactus, by your logic he could even block the LT attacks, oh and TOAA attacks becuase he can just block anything and amplify there power back at his opponent. And wikipedias list of fallacy's isn't comprehensive, stop trolling.

Plus Thor's attacks>>>>>>>anything in DMC