Thor Vs. Captain Marvel (DC)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d9d7fe24829
deactivated-57d9d7fe24829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Straight forward fight in space. Rebirth Thor after loss of the Odin-Force. Everything else they can do allowed. No teammates, no help. No prep time. No time limit. No holds-barred. Fight to the death.

http://www.comicvine.com/billy-batson/29-2350/ 

http://www.comicvine.com/thor/29-2268/ 

I think it will be a good fight. Both high on the strength scale, both resistent to magic, both have fought Superman. I'm definitly a Marvel fanboy, but I give everyone the respect they deserve. I think Capt. Marvel will give Thor a hell of a fight. I'd love to hear opinions on this

_Courage_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By _Courage_

This fight could go either way.
Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Susanoo
@DarkSpidey21:
Welcome to the vine. There's multiple threads made on this btw. ^^ 

- Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Susanoo said:
"@DarkSpidey21: Welcome to the vine. There's multiple threads made on this btw. ^^  - Susanoo "

Whoops! I had no idea. I looked for it, but found nothing. Still like to hear opinions though.
Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Susanoo
@DarkSpidey21 said:
"@Susanoo said:
"@DarkSpidey21: Welcome to the vine. There's multiple threads made on this btw. ^^  - Susanoo "
Whoops! I had no idea. I looked for it, but found nothing. Still like to hear opinions though. "

Imo, Captain Marvel wins against current Thor.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really? Why?
Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Susanoo
@DarkSpidey21 said:
"Really? Why? "

Current Thor hasn't shown much to be able to defeat Cap.
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By PowerHerc

Cap in a close one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PowerHerc:
Is it the strenght or what? Cause I see Thor's lightning, hammer, and even god-blast being a problem for Cap.
Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10  Edited By Pokeysteve

Does Thor need to breath? I don't think Marvel does. With the battle taking place in space that could be a major factor and put a time limit on the fight. 

forge841

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By forge841
@Pokeysteve:
Thor fought Red Hulk on the moon and was talking just fine. He said he didn't have to hold his breath since he was a god. It was Red Hulk who had to hold his breath.
Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12  Edited By Pokeysteve
@forge841: Thank you sir. My Thor knowledge is lacking. Not a big Thor fan. 
exhyni9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By exhyni9

and again
Shazam!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So does anybody besides me think that Thor's god-blast will even out this fight?
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By jasraj
@DarkSpidey21:
Captain Marvel takes this without a doubt
Avatar image for rage_of_olympus
Rage.Of.Olympus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rage.Of.Olympus
@DarkSpidey21: 

Thor doesn't need a God Blast to win this fight. A God Blast would be too excessive. It would kill Marvel. Or at least do the sort of damage that would kill anyone without a magical healing factor. Either way the fight would end there.

Physically speaking, the two are peers. While Marvel has the speed advantage, Thor has the versatility and power advantage. In a comic fight, it'd most likely be similar to the crossover, with the two going toe to toe until something out of the ordinary happens like Thor busting out the versatility etc. Great fight. I'd say Thor wins it however. Marvel may be faster, but it's not enough to offset Thor's power and versatility advantage. Probably a stalemate on the regular though.
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jasraj
@Rage.Of.Olympus said:
"@DarkSpidey21:   Thor doesn't need a God Blast to win this fight. A God Blast would be too excessive. It would kill Marvel. Or at least do the sort of damage that would kill anyone without a magical healing factor. Either way the fight would end there.  Physically speaking, the two are peers. While Marvel has the speed advantage, Thor has the versatility and power advantage. In a comic fight, it'd most likely be similar to the crossover, with the two going toe to toe until something out of the ordinary happens like Thor busting out the versatility etc. Great fight. I'd say Thor wins it however. Marvel may be faster, but it's not enough to offset Thor's power and versatility advantage. Probably a stalemate on the regular though. "

Thor loses
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jasraj
Ok, i will try my best, Captain Marvel outclassess Thor in almost about everything, he has matched Superman so many times before i have lost count, he is stronger, faster, smarter, more durable, etc his strength ouclassess Thor's...Thor is cose to Marvel Hercules in strength, and Captain Marvel is above DC Hercules, Captain Marvel also possess "The Power Of Zeus" this power amps up his strength, speed, durabity etc...Thor is only as fast as his own lightning, whilst Billy is as fast as Mercury, even The Flash has complimented Billy's speed before, Billy is also capable of travelling at lightspeed, whilst Thor only travels as fast as his lightning, this is not as fast as mercury, even though Thor has stamina Billy possess the stamina of Atlas, he has gone toe to toe with Wonder Woman, Superman, Black Adam etc, he even KO'd Superman once before, Billy has the wisdom of solomon to help him, this will give him help in the worst of situations, overall Captain Marve wins here, he outclassess Thor in almost everything, Captain Marvel wins! 

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By Supreme Marvel
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jasraj
@DarkSpidey21:
Captain Marvel wins, all that being said
Rage.Of.Olympus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Rage.Of.Olympus
@jasraj said:
Thor loses "

What skilled debating. I'm convinced.
Rage.Of.Olympus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Rage.Of.Olympus
@jasraj said:
" Ok, i will try my best, Captain Marvel outclassess Thor in almost about everything, he has matched Superman so many times before i have lost count, he is stronger, faster, smarter, more durable, etc his strength ouclassess Thor's...Thor is cose to Marvel Hercules in strength, and Captain Marvel is above DC Hercules, Captain Marvel also possess "The Power Of Zeus" this power amps up his strength, speed, durabity etc...Thor is only as fast as his own lightning, whilst Billy is as fast as Mercury, even The Flash has complimented Billy's speed before, Billy is also capable of travelling at lightspeed, whilst Thor only travels as fast as his lightning, this is not as fast as mercury, even though Thor has stamina Billy possess the stamina of Atlas, he has gone toe to toe with Wonder Woman, Superman, Black Adam etc, he even KO'd Superman once before, Billy has the wisdom of solomon to help him, this will give him help in the worst of situations, overall Captain Marve wins here, he outclassess Thor in almost everything, Captain Marvel"
Stronger, more durable (I think Billy's more invulnerable but that won't matter)? Both are easily debatable. Granted, Billy is faster, but like I said, Thor's power and versatility advantage, easily balances that out. If some want to argue Marvel pours on the speed which he usually doesn't, I can easily argue Thor taps into his vast repertoire of exotic abilities. So what? Marvel Hercules =/= DC Hercules. 

Thor's only as fast as his lightning? How did you come up with that little limitation? I've seen Thor overtake a ship moving at speeds multiple times faster than light. Marvel's speed isn't in doubt here. I acknowledge that his incredibly fast. 

So? Superman's weakness to magic, allowed Marvel to knock him out once. Won't matter against Thor. 

I don't think I can recall of even a single instance of the Wisdom of Solomon being a factor in a battle between Marvel and his peer.
Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@jasraj said:
" Ok, i will try my best, Captain Marvel outclassess Thor in almost about everything, he has matched Superman so many times before i have lost count, he is stronger, faster, smarter, more durable, etc his strength ouclassess Thor's...Thor is cose to Marvel Hercules in strength, and Captain Marvel is above DC Hercules, Captain Marvel also possess "The Power Of Zeus" this power amps up his strength, speed, durabity etc...Thor is only as fast as his own lightning, whilst Billy is as fast as Mercury, even The Flash has complimented Billy's speed before, Billy is also capable of travelling at lightspeed, whilst Thor only travels as fast as his lightning, this is not as fast as mercury, even though Thor has stamina Billy possess the stamina of Atlas, he has gone toe to toe with Wonder Woman, Superman, Black Adam etc, he even KO'd Superman once before, Billy has the wisdom of solomon to help him, this will give him help in the worst of situations, overall Captain Marve wins here, he outclassess Thor in almost everything, Captain Marvel wins! "
I think you need to check your Thor sources again 
cuz you really aren't giving him enough credit AT ALL
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jasraj
Ok, Thor is NOT as strong as Billy, Billy possess the strength of Hercules, and the power of Zeus amps it up, nothing leads me to believe that Thor is stronger than Billy, Thor can't travel multiple times faster than light, he can throw his hammer 3 times faster than the speed of light, I respect Thor, but Billy outclassess him, Superman DOES NOT have a weakness angainst magic, he just doesn't have a defense angainst it, the wisdom of Solomon is SUPPOSED to help him, 
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#25  Edited By xerox_kitty