warriors born,a fight to the death!!!

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By zee crusher

Lol thats better now we won't have to worry about getting this locked half way through the conv. But black adams pretty darn ruthless he would probably try to land the first blow but in the end thor would probably find some way to outsmart him.

Grandrakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Grandrakon

I hope no one is dumb enough to bring up the speed issue...

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By King_Saturn

Thor would win

Grandrakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Grandrakon

yup,i would love to see the pounding close combat action!!!Plus I can bet he's gonna really make thor use all his stuff.

Grandrakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Grandrakon

thanks,i'm a big thor fan.your posts give him power!!!

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Andferne

I look for this to go pretty much the same as Thor vs Captain Marvel.

Thor FTW.

PS; Grand I like your avatar. its a cool pic

Grandrakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Grandrakon

nah,but it's been discussed sooo many times,and has been proven soooooo many times,thor is no slowpoke,he is a god,and reacts as one.Think about it if the mjolnir travels at 3 times light speed how would he catch it if he can't react to hypersonic and lightspeed velocities?

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Forever

Grandrakon says:

"I hope no one is dumb enough to bring up the speed issue... "

That would make them dumb?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By King_Saturn

If this is Odin Force or Rune Lord Thor this would be more of a curbstomp against Black Adam

Grandrakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Grandrakon

power downs done by writers to keep it interesting.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Andferne

Grand head over to the Thor page and have a look at the threads started there. See if yo have any two cents to add to them.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Apparition

if thor's fast enough to keep up with black adam, why did he have trouble keeping up with spiderman or mongoose?

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Andferne

Apparition says:

"if thor's fast enough to keep up with black adam, why did he have trouble keeping up with spiderman or mongoose?"

My best guess is thats part of him holding back and only useing 1/3rd of his potential.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Apparition

Grandrakon says:

"nah,but it's been discussed sooo many times,and has been proven soooooo many times,thor is no slowpoke,he is a god,and reacts as one.Think about it if the mjolnir travels at 3 times light speed how would he catch it if he can't react to hypersonic and lightspeed velocities?"

because he can always sense where it is because it's his hammer and maybe it slows down before it reaches him so he can catch it. i just dont think you can say he can fight at near light speeds when he's never been shown doing it. unless you've actually seen him doing that. i know i havent.

Grandrakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Grandrakon

Andferne says:

"Apparition says:
"if thor's fast enough to keep up with black adam, why did he have trouble keeping up with spiderman or mongoose?"
My best guess is thats part of him holding back and only useing 1/3rd of his potential."

EXACTLY,no better way to say it.Thor has dealt with surfer,gladiator and so on and so forth...soo,spiderman dodging him,uh,it makes spidey look good not thor look bad.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Andferne

10) SPEED: A) Thor could throw the hammer at the speed of light. See Thor#140, Thor#274; and, or can swing the hammer at TWICE the speed of light- Journey Into Mystery#102. B) In Thor -#393- it’s established that the speed of Thor’s hammer TRANSCENDS both TIME & SPACE. C) Also, Thor could appear anywhere across the Universe or other dimensions in just seconds (see- FF#339, and Thor#166). D) In addition, Thor could, visually, detect objects that move at fantastic speeds (this happen when Thor was the target of artillery fire- see Invaders#33- and Avengers-#281- when he saw the speedy Hermes). E) In the early issues of Journey Into Mystery, there were instances that Thor used Super-Human speed, physically speaking-that is. However, it’s impossible to measure his speed based on those depictions. However, in Marvel Team-up#26, it gives a slight more accurate description on Thor’s Super-Human speed, and you could make a similar case in Invaders-#33, where Thor (with his hammer) deflected artillery bullets fired at him by moving his ENITRE LEFT ARM at super-Human speed. Specifically, in Marvel Team Up-#26, the writer makes it fundamentally clear that Thor can move almost faster than mere MORTAL eyes can follow, and in Thor-#354, Thor was toying with Hela using speed that according to her was beyond comprehension. Thor stated that he was swift as the very lightning itself. G) Finally, the High Evolutionary using Thor’s DNA, did create a real Super-Speedster in Zefra. Question is, does Thor possess similar potential to that of Zefra due to his own unique DNA? After all, Thor’s DNA is quite different than that of mortals- Avengers-#14 (vol.1)- that’s for the writers to decide in some future date, I guess

Posted that in the Cap Marvel vs Thor thread. It applys here too. These are examples of his speed.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Apparition

Andferne says:

"Apparition says:
My best guess is thats part of him holding back and only useing 1/3rd of his potential."

you cant just say that or i'll say that batman's always been holding back all these years. he has super powers and can move at light speed too. if he did it sometimes but most of the times he didnt then you can say he was holding back but if he never does it you cant just assume he can...

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Andferne

Thats the thing I'm not just saying that. If you want I will post the rest of the list that came with the speed to prove my point.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Apparition

Andferne says:

"10) SPEED: A) Thor could throw the hammer at the speed of light. See Thor#140, Thor#274; and, or can swing the hammer at TWICE the speed of light- Journey Into Mystery#102. B) In Thor -#393- it’s established that the speed of Thor’s hammer TRANSCENDS both TIME & SPACE. C) Also, Thor could appear anywhere across the Universe or other dimensions in just seconds (see- FF#339, and Thor#166). D) In addition, Thor could, visually, detect objects that move at fantastic speeds (this happen when Thor was the target of artillery fire- see Invaders#33- and Avengers-#281- when he saw the speedy Hermes). E) In the early issues of Journey Into Mystery, there were instances that Thor used Super-Human speed, physically speaking-that is. However, it’s impossible to measure his speed based on those depictions. However, in Marvel Team-up#26, it gives a slight more accurate description on Thor’s Super-Human speed, and you could make a similar case in Invaders-#33, where Thor (with his hammer) deflected artillery bullets fired at him by moving his ENITRE LEFT ARM at super-Human speed. Specifically, in Marvel Team Up-#26, the writer makes it fundamentally clear that Thor can move almost faster than mere MORTAL eyes can follow, and in Thor-#354, Thor was toying with Hela using speed that according to her was beyond comprehension. Thor stated that he was swift as the very lightning itself. G) Finally, the High Evolutionary using Thor’s DNA, did create a real Super-Speedster in Zefra. Question is, does Thor possess similar potential to that of Zefra due to his own unique DNA? After all, Thor’s DNA is quite different than that of mortals- Avengers-#14 (vol.1)- that’s for the writers to decide in some future date, I guess Posted that in the Cap Marvel vs Thor thread. It applys here too. These are examples of his speed."

none of those speeds they are talking about are anywhere near as fast as black adam is. he can travel at light speeds and faster but not fight at those speeds.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Andferne

Post Deleted.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Apparition

Andferne says:

"Thats the thing I'm not just saying that. If you want I will post the rest of the list that came with the speed to prove my point."

find something that has him near light speed and i'll agree with you. not just traveling that fast but reacting to something that fast.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Andferne

He eyes can register Hermes's movement while he is in motion. Herme's is at hte very least as fast as Adam

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Apparition

Andferne says:

"Hermes?"

who said he was going at light speed? he could have been moving at 100 mph or 300 mph...

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Apparition

Andferne says:

"He eyes can register Hermes's movement while he is in motion. Herme's is at hte very least as fast as Adam"

lol you cant say that. you dont know how fast he was moving unless it said.

Grandrakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Grandrakon

Apparition says:

"Andferne says:
"10) SPEED: A) Thor could throw the hammer at the speed of light. See Thor#140, Thor#274; and, or can swing the hammer at TWICE the speed of light- Journey Into Mystery#102. B) In Thor -#393- it’s established that the speed of Thor’s hammer TRANSCENDS both TIME & SPACE. C) Also, Thor could appear anywhere across the Universe or other dimensions in just seconds (see- FF#339, and Thor#166). D) In addition, Thor could, visually, detect objects that move at fantastic speeds (this happen when Thor was the target of artillery fire- see Invaders#33- and Avengers-#281- when he saw the speedy Hermes). E) In the early issues of Journey Into Mystery, there were instances that Thor used Super-Human speed, physically speaking-that is. However, it’s impossible to measure his speed based on those depictions. However, in Marvel Team-up#26, it gives a slight more accurate description on Thor’s Super-Human speed, and you could make a similar case in Invaders-#33, where Thor (with his hammer) deflected artillery bullets fired at him by moving his ENITRE LEFT ARM at super-Human speed. Specifically, in Marvel Team Up-#26, the writer makes it fundamentally clear that Thor can move almost faster than mere MORTAL eyes can follow, and in Thor-#354, Thor was toying with Hela using speed that according to her was beyond comprehension. Thor stated that he was swift as the very lightning itself. G) Finally, the High Evolutionary using Thor’s DNA, did create a real Super-Speedster in Zefra. Question is, does Thor possess similar potential to that of Zefra due to his own unique DNA? After all, Thor’s DNA is quite different than that of mortals- Avengers-#14 (vol.1)- that’s for the writers to decide in some future date, I guess Posted that in the Cap Marvel vs Thor thread. It applys here too. These are examples of his speed."
none of those speeds they are talking about are anywhere near as fast as black adam is. he can travel at light speeds and faster but not fight at those speeds."

So,do you think hyperion would slow down in order for him to battle thor and lose,instead of speeding him dizzy?

Have you ever seen anyone intercept the receiving of mjolnir?and have you seen thor intercept events such as the bolt of shazam to trigger his transformation,which can't be a normal bolt.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Andferne

Apparition says:

"Andferne says:
"He eyes can register Hermes's movement while he is in motion. Herme's is at hte very least as fast as Adam"
lol you cant say that. you dont know how fast he was moving unless it said."

Nither do you.

T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By T.J. Magnum

thor FTW

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Apparition

Grandrakon says:

"Apparition says:
"Andferne says:
none of those speeds they are talking about are anywhere near as fast as black adam is. he can travel at light speeds and faster but not fight at those speeds."
So,do you think hyperion would slow down in order for him to battle thor and lose,instead of speeding him dizzy? Have you ever seen anyone intercept the receiving of mjolnir?and have you seen thor intercept events such as the bolt of shazam to trigger his transformation,which can't be a normal bolt."

i think characters slow down for their opponents all the time. how else can doomsday fight superman? and who knows how fast the hammer is moving when it leaves his hands and when it comes back to them. it can increase speeds or slow down almost instantly so it doesnt have to be slowing the entire time it's coming back to him. it could just appear in front of him at the last second so he can grab it. and lighting doesnt move at light speed either!

Andferne says:

"Apparition says:
"Andferne says:
lol you cant say that. you dont know how fast he was moving unless it said."
Nither do you."

but i'm not making any claims ;)

youre the one who has to prove he's moving at light speed!

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Andferne

i think characters slow down for their opponents all the time. how else can doomsday fight superman?

^ That I agree with 100%, and the same could be said for the Thor vs Spider-man fight.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Andferne

In the comic where Thor stats that the picture of Hermes is nothing but a blur.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Apparition

Andferne says:

"In the comic where Thor stats that the picture of Hermes is nothing but a blur."

if he was moving close to light speed he wouldnt even be that. that's not proof. black adam can move at the same speeds captain marvel and superman can but i havent seen thor ever move anywhere near that fast

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Apparition

Andferne says:

"i think characters slow down for their opponents all the time. how else can doomsday fight superman? ^ That I agree with 100%, and the same could be said for the Thor vs Spider-man fight."

except that in that fight thor slowed down so that he couldnt fight spiderman!!! that doesnt make sense

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Valkaad

Andferne says:

In Thor 338 (I am quoting from memory so this may not be the exact issue, but it is close) Thor was knocked unconscious by Beta Ray Bill (estimated strength 100 tons). Thor was unable to beat Kurse (estimated strength 400 to 500 tons) even while wearing his belt of strength. How do you imagine that Thor is going stand up to Adam who can move (not straight line flight, but reflexes/quickness of action) hundreds if not thousands of times faster than Thor AND can lift roughly 6,000,000 Tons? If someone with class 100 strength can knock Thor out I feel like someone with at least 60,000 times that strength would take his head off.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Apparition

they just want thor to win valkaad

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Andferne

Thor didn't have Mjolnir in that fight with Beta, and Odin ihmself stated that he made the fight IN Beta's favor to teach his son some humility.

His fight against Kurse while he had his belt of strength on whas in his weakened Cursed stat by Hela.

Grandrakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Grandrakon
Grandrakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Grandrakon

yeah what he said..lol

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Apparition

Grandrakon says:

"here's surfer and mr.t,surfer was running around thor till he decided to try to take the hammer.thor caught up.
" />http://www.ephotospace.com/puchojmc/ViewPhotos.aspx?cid=4347&pid=1"

where did it say how fast surfer was going? i didnt see that...

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Apparition

Andferne says:

"Thor didn't have Mjolnir in that fight with Beta, and Odin ihmself stated that he made the fight IN Beta's favor to teach his son some humility. His fight against Kurse while he had his belt of strength on whas in his weakened Cursed stat by Hela."

i think he can beat beta and kurse but i wouldnt put either of them anywhere near black adam. black adam is way stronger than both of them plus thor combined and he's too quick for thor.

Grandrakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Grandrakon

geez...Your telling me the GOD OF LIGHTNING can't travel/react at at least light speed,lightning which is a chain reaction at the velocity of light.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Apparition

Grandrakon says:

"geez...Your telling me the GOD OF LIGHTNING can't travel/react at at least light speed,lightning which is a chain reaction at the velocity of light."

lightning doesnt move at light speed. not even close. otherwise you wouldnt be able to see it trace it's way down the sky sometimes. look up how fast it is if you want to, but i bet he can move at the speed of lightning but that's not going to help him keep up with black adam.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Apparition

Andferne says:

"Also keep in mind with marvels strength scale. It stops at 100. Thats does not mean Thor can ONLY lift 100tons. He has proven to be far more capable than that. It also arguable that since Thor only uses 1/3rd of his strength (as stated to Captain America by Thor) the 100 ton could easily be put up to 300+ tons."

lol you better hope its way more than that. black adam is as about as strong as superman and superman lifts well over 2 million tons

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Andferne

Also keep in mind with marvels strength scale. It stops at 100. Thats does not mean Thor can ONLY lift 100tons. He has proven to be far more capable than that. It also arguable that since Thor only uses 1/3rd of his strength (as stated to Captain America by Thor) the 100 ton could easily be put up to 300+ tons.

Grandrakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Grandrakon

In that comic loki enhances surfer's abilities and still can't stop thor from chasing him,thor misses a shot with the hammer and realizes there is power combined with magic in the surfer and holds back cuz he knows that loki messed with him.Surfer admits mjolnir alone to be more powerful than his power cosmic and also realizes lokis hand at work.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Andferne

speed of lightning is

about 186,000 miles per sec, however there are other web sites that

claim half the speed of light and even one third the speed of light.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Apparition

Grandrakon says:

"In that comic loki enhances surfer's abilities and still can't stop thor from chasing him,thor misses a shot with the hammer and realizes there is power combined with magic in the surfer and holds back cuz he knows that loki messed with him.Surfer admits mjolnir alone to be more powerful than his power cosmic and also realizes lokis hand at work."

but it never says he is moving at light speeds. i agree that mjolnir is more powerful than the power cosmic, cause of all it can do but that doesnt mean that thor can keep up with black adam.

Andferne says:

"speed of lightning is about 186,000 miles per sec, however there are other web sites that claim half the speed of light and even one third the speed of light."

it probably depends on the atmosphere but even at half the speed of light, that's not nearly fast enough to keep up with black adam.

Grandrakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Grandrakon

you do realize what is holding the hammer when it is moving at three times light speed or so right? It's thor...Now how about the slowpoke and the speeding hammer happen to run into adam a couple of times.lol.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Andferne

The only fight I remember (my memory is not complete obvisouly) between Thor and Kurse was then he had his golden armor on and that was when he had the weakened bones.

Grandrakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Grandrakon

And that's just hand to hand,how about a spell or two to oh,i don't know rip ba's head off and hang on his belt or simply open a portal to the void and make way!Black adam is lost forever!!