Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#151  Edited By Lvenger

@experio:

Never denied smashing and Lightning were used more than the rest of his abilities, in fact they're almost 3 times as more, but rather he has used other abilities more than Bill has consistently.

Except when you compare how often he uses smashing and lightning to how often he uses Mjolnir's full versatility, you can clearly see that the former is how Thor is more likely to fight even when fighting to the best of his ability. The same cannot be said for Bill who uses Stormbreaker's versatility fully.

Verily, except Bill transporting a meteor onto Ego is also classic scan, so you may decide whether we're mentioning them or not, I had no obligation to do so until then since I got the idea we were measuring the counts overally.

It's from the mid to late 1980s based on BRB first showing up in 1983 according to my paperback copy of The Ballad of Beta Ray Bill. The real inconsistent Classic scans that need to be considered not comparable with modern showings are in the 1960s-70s. Where characters perform feats that their modern incarnations have not replicated.

Bill has used his versatility in the same willingness Thor has, Stardust shot a blast and so he decided to absorb and re-direct, the tactic came to Thor's mind when he also did the same with two characters on the same level. The extent of their range abilities also operate in different sets, with Mjolnir's enchantments having a greater effect

That's merely ample proof that Thor can't overpower Bill in the way you incorrectly think he can. Stormbreaker was made as equal to Mjolnir in its power and enchantments. And I've proven your claim that Mjolnir's enchantments are greater to be utterly false. It's foolish to think otherwise given how Thor fights alongside BRB replicating a lot of Thor's feats. To cling to the same argument as you do when it's been discredited is baffling in all honesty due to the lack of credibility in Mjolnir being>Stormbreaker when on panel evidence to the contrary proves you wrong.

You're misinterpreting my statements, Antiforce and Energy blasts have a close definition except an energy blasts can be any type while an Anti-force is specifically proclaimed to be mystic or life-force based. The four instances in which he used the energy blasts are mystical since they came from enchanted Mjolnir, the Anti-force he fired at the Thanosi holds a more effective damage and withholds the name.

Nope you're doing a good enough job misrepresenting your statements and understanding of the feats at hand. I don't need to do it for you. Your point makes no sense whatsoever as Anti Force blasts have never been closely defined with Mjolnir's energy blasts. This has never been specified in any media that I'm aware of nor has it been mentioned by any writer, handbook or on panel statement. Unless you somehow have proof to substantiate your ridiculous claim, it remains baseless and empty of reliability on your part. Anti Force Blasts have never been equated as being the same as Mjolnir's other energy blasts and it's preposterous for you to say otherwise.

I never said it did rather 'said' which is what I typed, but if you don't believe it can shatter a planet in two, then that's your choice but it was clearly how powerful the writer intended it to be and I agree. Thor has fought smart in many occasions just not as consistent, most of which come from using other abilities and not ordinary ones that work either way.

Look at the feats again for yourself. Did it shatter a planet in two? Did it do anything which would indicate it was a planet busting attack? The answer for someone who actually thought about the feat for a second would be no. There's only empty hyperbolic statements which say, and I quote, "The furious onslaught of surging and the storm seem capable of tearing a planet apart." No other basis is given for this being a planet busting attack and it's absurd for anyone to think it is. Without evidence of an attack being planet busting, it cannot be considered a planet busting attack at all.

Energy based resistance =/= Blunt force. Their durability against energy based attacks are on the same level, Thor has greater resistance against blunt force which both stormbreaker and Mjolnir carry and if they are going to start striking with it, Thor will easily last longer.

You never said you wanted blunt force durability feats. I'm very aware of the difference between energy based and blunt force resistance. So Bill can also tank planet busting attacks just like Thor can.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thus, this disproves your point that Thor will last longer at the hitting game. Not that it matters because Bill is more likely to fight smarter than Thor as I've already demonstrated.

That's arguably superior to Thor's planet busting shown in blood and thunder but not current Thor who was shattering planets with shockwaves while being miles away from the worlds, and shaking stars with the impact caused from Mjolnir. The smallest star can be 10 times the size of Jupiter, it would take above planet level striking to even finch it.

No Caption Provided

He did use two Mjolnir's, but they were still hit one at a time, making it impossible for two shockwaves to shake the star at the same time. Superior to any striking feat Bill has indicated

It is superior to Thor’s Blood and Thunder feat. The planet was bigger than the one Thor destroyed and Bill was in character when he did so. Now for your God of Thunder feats. Firstly, Thor only shattered moons whilst fighting Gorr. He was on one moon that Young Thor sent him through via the portal of that Black Serpent thing. Then when Thor hit him, he shattered the moon they were fighting on as well as another moon.

Secondly, sorry to be blunt but it's dumb to think Thor was shaking stars in that scan. Aaron uses a lot of poetic, flowery but metaphorical prose in his narrative text boxes. This is evidenced in recent issues by statements such as "the stars flinching like frightened children" when Old Thor fought Galactus. It's an utter fallacy to accept the hyperbolic exaggeration of a statement that Thor was shattering stars through a simple sentence. Feats>statements on the battle forums and whilst Thor cracked another moon in your first cited feat, no stars shook in the second feat. Therefore, it's beyond obvious that Aaron was only using his usual style of metaphorical prose to highlight the tense situation at the time. It did not literally mean Thor was shaking the stars. Aside from the fact he used two Mjolnirs at the time, anyone who thought Thor was really shaking the stars is quite out of their mind in terms of their expectations for Thor's striking power. It's fairly obvious it's just flowery writing by Aaron, not a literal statement indicative of Thor's power. To accept that premise would be a ridiculous highballing of Thor's striking power when he's never displayed that striking power before. That feat is a fallacious exaggeration of what's going on in the story.

Not at all, you've only shown they are equal in energy based durability, Thor still has superior feats in the categories of striking, other sets of durability, power and versatility. Hardly almost, not claiming Bill is far behind in those stats, simply isn't on Thor level.

I've now shown they're equal in blunt force durability too. And I've shown that the God of Thunder feats have only one, not two striking feats that may be superior to Bill's. In any case, to rely on the one reliable feat means you are severely guilty of highballing Thor's feats and ignoring Bill's consistent showings such as also cracking Galactus' armour, a feat Thor has also performed. This means Bill is still on Thor's level despite your preference for thinking otherwise in spite of the evidence right in front of you.

Highlight the statement in which is said that once Bill absorbed stardust blast he amped it, I see Bill attacking with the Odinforce within Stormbreaker rather than double the power he absorbed. And the difference is still average, lets recap:

Bill has shown tracking, opening portals, energy blasts, lightning, absorption

Thor has shown tracking, opening portals, energy blasts, Anti-force, lightning, absorption/re-directing, amping, Anti-vortex

No tit for tat here

Another area you're grossly incorrect in. Bill has shown tracking, portal creation, energy blasts, lightning, absorption AND redirection too.Plus amping just like Thor.The Stardust showing clearly demonstrates Bill being fired upon by Stormbreaker's blast then redirecting that blast back at Stardust more potently. Likewise, I can easily use your logic to equate Thor's energy absorption to the Odinforce in his hammer too. Aside from the Anti Vortex, which Thor never uses in combat, I believe I've debunked your false counter that it is still tit for tat in regards to Bill and Thor's abilities. Plus Bill actually uses his hammer's full power consistently, tactically and to its fullest against any foe. The same cannot be said for Thor as shown in my overall argument.

I disagree, its an option that can be stated depending on what state Thor is in, morals on its unlikely since most of those attacks come in when his tired on bashing it out or is simply angry. It can however be argued that Thor 'will' eventually use it as a battle prolongs such as this battle since the two are not far behind in both physical attributes not power. Bill's versatility does not only operate at a lower level, but has also available limited techniques. Which is why Thor will always get the better.

Remind me how tactically and fully Thor used Mjolnir’s versatile abilities in Blood and Thunder. Or in Warrior's Madness. Or when he got mindcontrolled by Moondragon. Oh that's right he still fought in the exact same way, just with less restraint holding him back. It is far easier to argue that Bill will be more likely to cut sooner quicker and more effectively given his track record of doing so against opponents. I've conclusively proven that Bill's versatility operates at the same level as Thor's as far as combat goes and he has almost every technique Thor does with Mjolnir. You saying he doesn't change the concrete facts and solid reasoning I've cited continually to counter your claims fully. This is why Bill has more of an edge against Thor. Maybe if Thor fought completely out of character, he'd stand a chance but Bill is still his equal in physicals and hammer abilities so it would be an uphill, coin toss battle. A coin toss more likely to flip Bill's way given his superior use of his hammer's abilities in combat contrary to your false exaggeration of Thor's combat technique. And I say that as a vastly bigger Thor fan than a BRB fan.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@raycat Lol, Silver Surfer has also beaten the crap out of Bill.

Without resorting to a sucker hit.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is like Superman vs Captain Marvel lol

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm still backing Thorse.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Eh, him hitting him in the back with his board is kind of a sucker hit. Either way, Surfer would of won.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#156 frozen  Moderator

@zhurong said:

This is like Superman vs Captain Marvel lol

BRB isn’t the Superman here, though

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Experio

Lvenger: Sorry for the late reply, last week of Uni before we break off, lot of work to finish of till then.

Except when you compare how often he uses smashing and lightning to how often he uses Mjolnir's full versatility, you can clearly see that the former is how Thor is more likely to fight even when fighting to the best of his ability. The same cannot be said for Bill who uses Stormbreaker's versatility fully.

As claimed in my statements, the difference is large however the use of the other abilities is motivated by who his fighting and how difficult it is. Bills uses his when its necessary but not as often.

It's from the mid to late 1980s based on BRB first showing up in 1983 according to my paperback copy of The Ballad of Beta Ray Bill. The real inconsistent Classic scans that need to be considered not comparable with modern showings are in the 1960s-70s. Where characters perform feats that their modern incarnations have not replicated.

Which is still more than 30 years ago, great power can change from then to now.

That's merely ample proof that Thor can't overpower Bill in the way you incorrectly think he can. Stormbreaker was made as equal to Mjolnir in its power and enchantments. And I've proven your claim that Mjolnir's enchantments are greater to be utterly false. It's foolish to think otherwise given how Thor fights alongside BRB replicating a lot of Thor's feats. To cling to the same argument as you do when it's been discredited is baffling in all honesty due to the lack of credibility in Mjolnir

being>Stormbreaker when on panel evidence to the contrary proves you wrong.

The proof is within their feats, Mjolnir has shown to exert more devastating energy blasts then Stormbreaker has in the hands of Bill, the former's speed also surpasses Stormbreaker's by an average margin from what we've seen. There's not one technique stormbreaker can perform in which Mjolnir cant while the assertion doesn't go like-wise, it could be either Thor knows what the enchantments can produce and Bill has limited knowledge on the mystical power, otherwise Odin didn't place equal Odinpower within the hammers and gave his son extra treatment

Nope you're doing a good enough job misrepresenting your statements and understanding of the feats at hand. I don't need to do it for you. Your point makes no sense whatsoever as Anti Force blasts have never been closely defined with Mjolnir's energy blasts. This has never been specified in any media that I'm aware of nor has it been mentioned by any writer, handbook or on panel statement. Unless you somehow have proof to substantiate your ridiculous claim, it remains baseless and empty of reliability on your part. Anti Force Blasts have never been equated as being the same as Mjolnir's other energy blasts and it's preposterous for you to say otherwise.

I'm talking in general, an Anti-force (the overall definition) is a mystical energy, acknowledging that Thor also has a specific Anti-force. I used the word in regards to the amateur blasts he regularly shot in the scans I presented since it came from Mjolnir's power, I'm thinking as soon as I stated it was the Anti-force you directly thought it was the singular heat-force which was not my intention. Thor calls his heat-blast an Anti-force, but its adequate to also call his ordinary blast by the same name as they are mystical in nature.

Media wise, I could only find one popular book (Star wars) which referred to the Anti-force as a 'Mystical energy field' claimed by Luke skywalker according to his wiki.

Look at the feats again for yourself. Did it shatter a planet in two? Did it do anything which would indicate it was a planet busting attack? The answer for someone who actually thought about the feat for a second would be no. There's only empty hyperbolic statements which say, and I quote, "The furious onslaught of surging and the storm seem capable of tearing a planet apart." No other basis is given for this being a planet busting attack and it's absurd for anyone to think it is. Without evidence of an attack being planet busting, it cannot be considered a planet busting attack at all.

Statement is all we can go by I'm afraid, and its either one accepts the writers intention or disagree since there is evidence of it actually shattering a planet in two. I'll be the former and agree with what the writer wanted it to be and believe if given the chance in that storyline with the plot calling for such feat to be performed, it would have happened. It would be inconsequential to make a moment for only one effective move to be shown, statements seemed to be the easier way at that point.

You never said you wanted blunt force durability feats. I'm very aware of the difference between energy based and blunt force resistance. So Bill can also tank planet busting attacks just like Thor can.

Thus, this disproves your point that Thor will last longer at the hitting game. Not that it matters because Bill is more likely to fight smarter than Thor as I've already demonstrated.

Its still energy based, I was referring to direct attacks produced by the hammers and that Thor can tank more Mjolnir hits than Bill can. Bill can resist planet level energy like Thor but cannot endure as much physical blows with weapon or fist I could survive an impact of a grenade (with a small distance between us) but fall when hit by a hammer. I need feats such as tanking a hit felt across the planet

No Caption Provided

It is superior to Thor’s Blood and Thunder feat. The planet was bigger than the one Thor destroyed and Bill was in character when he did so. Now for your God of Thunder feats. Firstly, Thor only shattered moons whilst fighting Gorr. He was on one moon that Young Thor sent him through via the portal of that Black Serpent thing. Then when Thor hit him, he shattered the moon they were fighting on as well as another moon.

But it should be noted that Thor shattered the planet through Beta ray Bill which is much harder than shattering it at point, while Bill used that axe which oppositely makes it easier. And even if it were moons that were being shattered in Aarons series,it was through the shockwaves impact and that Thor was far away from them making it more impressive.

Secondly, sorry to be blunt but it's dumb to think Thor was shaking stars in that scan. Aaron uses a lot of poetic, flowery but metaphorical prose in his narrative text boxes. This is evidenced in recent issues by statements such as "the stars flinching like frightened children" when Old Thor fought Galactus. It's an utter fallacy to accept the hyperbolic exaggeration of a statement that Thor was shattering stars through a simple sentence. Feats>statements on the battle forums and whilst Thor cracked another moon in your first cited feat, no stars shook in the second feat. Therefore, it's beyond obvious that Aaron was only using his usual style of metaphorical prose to highlight the tense situation at the time. It did not literally mean Thor was shaking the stars. Aside from the fact he used two Mjolnirs at the time, anyone who thought Thor was really shaking the stars is quite out of their mind in terms of their expectations for Thor's striking power. It's fairly obvious it's just flowery writing by Aaron, not a literal statement indicative of Thor's power. To accept that premise would be a ridiculous highballing of Thor's striking power when he's never displayed that striking power before. That feat is a fallacious exaggeration of what's going on in the story.

Wouldn't say so, this was different than the other statements since its stated 'shook the stars' while in the battle between Thor and Galactus stated 'Stars shuddered (another similar word for shook) and blinked', key word being blinked which is impossible for a star to do. But in this occasion, Aaron added no such phrases for it to be taken as a hyperbole, the obvious can be differentiated and I have as you'll never see me use feats such as when it was said 'he hit with the force of a billion storms' and when Thor was returning to battle Gorr and you see him flying so fast that again 'stars shudder' - Clearly hyperbole's to be corrected, this one is different in terms of capability. Had Aaron said stars shattered, cracked or distinguish would not have accepted, but simply shaking them is possible and close to striking feats Mjolnir has shown, of-course superior but not far ahead of decimating a planet.

I've now shown they're equal in blunt force durability too. And I've shown that the God of Thunder feats have only one, not two striking feats that may be superior to Bill's. In any case, to rely on the one reliable feat means you are severely guilty of highballing Thor's feats and ignoring Bill's consistent showings such as also cracking Galactus' armour, a feat Thor has also performed. This means Bill is still on Thor's level despite your preference for thinking otherwise in spite of the evidence right in front of you.

Thor's showing of striking are much more consistent and to a greater extent, while Bill has cracked Galactus armor, Thor has cracked his head and hurt it him multiple as well as indicated better striking with their respective hammers such as Thor putting Odin to his knees with one hit from Mjolnir. As you stated the God of thunder feat is superior to Bill's striking planet wise, and though I'm not denying that Bill operates in the same level but falls behind by a small margin.

Another area you're grossly incorrect in. Bill has shown tracking, portal creation, energy blasts, lightning, absorption AND redirection too.Plus amping just like Thor.The Stardust showing clearly demonstrates Bill being fired upon by Stormbreaker's blast then redirecting that blast back at Stardust more potently. Likewise, I can easily use your logic to equate Thor's energy absorption to the Odinforce in his hammer too. Aside from the Anti Vortex, which Thor never uses in combat, I believe I've debunked your false counter that it is still tit for tat in regards to Bill and Thor's abilities. Plus Bill actually uses his hammer's full power consistently, tactically and to its fullest against any foe. The same cannot be said for Thor as shown in my overall argument.

But when his fired upon its his blast, nothing indicates he amped Stardust's energy once absorbed, when Thor absorbs its clearly identified that he increased the power held by 2, 10, 100 etc. Nothing like that said for Bill, but even we establish that he can amp and redirect he still falls behind in two departments, and while its rarely used in combat, its still shows the different in how much power. And Thor uses the versatility just as regularly if not more than Bill, despite being burdened to Earth which is his weakness in presenting the different abilities and Bill's weakness of having less appearances. Tactically its arguable since both have their moments in using it smart, with Bill porting a comet, Thor an electromagnetic whirlwind to siphon off pure Eiderurm defensively and thinking to negate Juggernauts invulnerability with a vortex etc.

Remind me how tactically and fully Thor used Mjolnir’s versatile abilities in Blood and Thunder. Or in Warrior's Madness. Or when he got mindcontrolled by Moondragon. Oh that's right he still fought in the exact same way, just with less restraint holding him back. It is far easier to argue that Bill will be more likely to cut sooner quicker and more effectively given his track record of doing so against opponents. I've conclusively proven that Bill's versatility operates at the same level as Thor's as far as combat goes and he has almost every technique Thor does with Mjolnir. You saying he doesn't change the concrete facts and solid reasoning I've cited continually to counter your claims fully. This is why Bill has more of an edge against Thor. Maybe if Thor fought completely out of character, he'd stand a chance but Bill is still his equal in physicals and hammer abilities so it would be an uphill, coin toss battle. A coin toss more likely to flip Bill's way given his superior use of his hammer's abilities in combat contrary to your false exaggeration of Thor's combat technique. And I say that as a vastly bigger Thor fan than a BRB fan.

He doesn't, madness consumes and there's no way to think tactically when all that's in your mind is rage and the hunger to kill, lightning wasn't even an option to utilize in all the comics he was in the state of warrior madness or the state he was in Blood of thunder. Luckily, neither of those instances can be held accountable for this battle, Bill holds back less but that wouldn't equate to having a better chance since Thor will still defend if Bill attacks and strike with necessary force to only place him unconscious with more effective attacks. His durability against Mjolnir is less than Thor's who can stand longer shrugging off Stormbreaker hits, Mjolnir as shown is also the better striker and holds more versatile attacks which Thor will eventually use to put Bill down, otherwise a prolonged lightning can do it instead, and its easily provable Thor's lightning >>> Bill's. With all these advantages on his side, its reasonable to think Thor as the superior out of both despite Bills state of not holding back as much.

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor after a good fight

SymbioteSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beta ray bill

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Hulkman123

Stalemate or BRB

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beta ray

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think BRB would probably edge Thor out.

BRB 6-7/10

TheKing47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BRB takes this IMO

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Spiderman1997
Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor=BRB

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sarah Jessica Parker!

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brb

aztekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By aztekk

Well, since no one actually bothered to read the comic where "Beta Ray Bill beats Thor in a fight for the hammer" I will gladly explain what happens in the comic....

Odin pits them against each other to see who gets the hammer. He sends them both to Skartheim, a realm of ridiculously intense heat. Its basically nothing but Volcanoes and lava covering most of the planet. (Why would he send them there? Read on.....)

After a long fight, they knock each other out simultaneously.

Bill is revived by the intense heat and wakes up first (the planet Bills race comes from is intensely hot....)

So Bill indeed wins the fight...but....

In a later comic, Thor asks Odin if he sent them to Skartheim so Bill would have an advantage. Odin is of course, kind of a douche bag, so he neither confirms or denies it.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/brb_physical11.jpg

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Years ago i would have said Bill. Thor has gotten a little before he lost his Hammer. Current female thor in terms of Fighting should be interesting .

One_They_Fear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like bill better so he wins

will5454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only reason bill beat him was because he was worthy but the second round went to thor?

mynameis3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bill would win simply because he is more powerful

OverLordArthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmmmm...gonna say Horse Face.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bill.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are considered largely equal but fought a number of times just before and during blood and thunder where Thor basically thumped Bill pretty good and nearly killed him a couple of times. Bill did nearly knock Thor out on one of those occasions but then Thor got up and put Bill down quickly. No real reason I know of to pick Bill in this fight.

Ecthelion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beta Ray Bill breaks his face like he did before.

MBCB2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bill wins.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

donkey face wins

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 emperorthanos-  Moderator

Their fights potray them as equals but if we look at their showings outside of that. Beta ray bill should win.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: Not true at all. Thor has better feats and has actually done better against opponents Bill has struggled with.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@emperorthanos: Not true at all. Thor has better feats and has actually done better against opponents Bill has struggled with.

Like who?

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom said:

Like who?

Here are two comparisons between who they have fought and how Thor has fared much better. Also, this isn't only for you, but others who put Bill above Thor.

Example 1 - Rulk (Red Hulk)

Annihilators: Earthfall #2

In this encounter Bill and Rulk go at it, and as you can see Bill is having quite some trouble with him. Rulk actually seems to be capable of tanking his blows comfortably, which is a feat in itself as Bill is using some pretty big blows. Most noticeable dialogue in this encounter is when Bill states that Rulk is proving difficult. From my understanding on the fight, Bill was having quite some trouble putting Rulk down, not to mention cause significant damage.

Hulk #26

Now if we compare that to Thor's performance against Rulk, we can see Thor has actually done much more damage with his blows than Bill has. You can say Rulk wasn't fighting back, which is true, he only grabbed the hammer, however he can't hold back his durability. Each blow from Thor was having a pretty good effect on Rulk.

Example 2 - Silver Surfer

Beta Ray Bill: Godhunter #2

The Surfer beats down Beta Ray Bill easily. He essentially two shots Bill by amplifying his blow with cosmic energy which causes Bill to drop to the floor bleeding from his face. What makes this a horrific showing for Bill is how Surfer did this almost casually and as if Bill wasn't much too him. Also keep in mind Bill got two strikes on Surfer which did nothing.

The Mighty Thor Vol 1 #3

Thor and Bill have a brief scuffle, in-which a headbutt from Thor actually dents the Surfer's forehead. Surfer did strike him with the board though similarly to how he did Bill.

The Mighty Thor Vol 1 #5

The two get into a bigger scuffle in-which an angered Surfer blasts Thor with a blast of cosmic energy. The blast actually doesn't do all that much, in-fact Thor seems relatively unharmed. He then proceeds to toss Mjolnir at Surfer which sends him hurling away. Keep in mind that this is post annihilation Surfer as well, so it's the same upgraded Surfer that Bill had fought. You can even say that Surfer's morals were different from his encounter with Bill as he was angry with Thor for not listening to him, while for Bill he was remorseful and didn't want to do what he did (hence why he apologized while beating him down).

Also, just in-case you didn't know, that rainbow gash on Thor's body isn't for show, it's actually an injury he obtained in issue 1. He obtained this when he tried to retrieve the World Seed from the World Tree, and the tree reacted defensively, slicing across his side.

Also just so you can understand this injury has been a pain issue for Thor even since issue 1, take a look at his response when Surfer asks him about the injury.

No Caption Provided

So essentially Thor was already in pain prior to his encounters with Surfer.

Foneybone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos said:
@heirtothekingdom said:

Like who?

Here are two comparisons between who they have fought and how Thor has fared much better. Also, this isn't only for you, but others who put Bill above Thor.

Example 1 - Rulk (Red Hulk)

Annihilators: Earthfall #2

In this encounter Bill and Rulk go at it, and as you can see Bill is having quite some trouble with him. Rulk actually seems to be capable of tanking his blows comfortably, which is a feat in itself as Bill is using some pretty big blows. Most noticeable dialogue in this encounter is when Bill states that Rulk is proving difficult. From my understanding on the fight, Bill was having quite some trouble putting Rulk down, not to mention cause significant damage.

Hulk #26

Now if we compare that to Thor's performance against Rulk, we can see Thor has actually done much more damage with his blows than Bill has. You can say Rulk wasn't fighting back, which is true, he only grabbed the hammer, however he can't hold back his durability. Each blow from Thor was having a pretty good effect on Rulk.

Example 2 - Silver Surfer

Beta Ray Bill: Godhunter #2

The Surfer beats down Beta Ray Bill easily. He essentially two shots Bill by amplifying his blow with cosmic energy which causes Bill to drop to the floor bleeding from his face. What makes this a horrific showing for Bill is how Surfer did this almost casually and as if Bill wasn't much too him. Also keep in mind Bill got two strikes on Surfer which did nothing.

The Mighty Thor Vol 1 #3

Thor and Bill have a brief scuffle, in-which a headbutt from Thor actually dents the Surfer's forehead. Surfer did strike him with the board though similarly to how he did Bill.

The Mighty Thor Vol 1 #5

The two get into a bigger scuffle in-which an angered Surfer blasts Thor with a blast of cosmic energy. The blast actually doesn't do all that much, in-fact Thor seems relatively unharmed. He then proceeds to toss Mjolnir at Surfer which sends him hurling away. Keep in mind that this is post annihilation Surfer as well, so it's the same upgraded Surfer that Bill had fought. You can even say that Surfer's morals were different from his encounter with Bill as he was angry with Thor for not listening to him, while for Bill he was remorseful and didn't want to do what he did (hence why he apologized while beating him down).

Also, just in-case you didn't know, that rainbow gash on Thor's body isn't for show, it's actually an injury he obtained in issue 1. He obtained this when he tried to retrieve the World Seed from the World Tree, and the tree reacted defensively, slicing across his side.

Also just so you can understand this injury has been a pain issue for Thor even since issue 1, take a look at his response when Surfer asks him about the injury.

No Caption Provided

So essentially Thor was already in pain prior to his encounters with Surfer.

The Rulk comparison is nonsense, of course Thor is doing more damage, like you said Rulk's just letting Thor whail on him with his hammer. Bill was actually fighting Rulk and was in total control. The only time we see Rulk hit Bill is when Bill didn't even know he was there, and Bill isn't using "pretty big blows" all we see him do is push Rulk through a building. When Bill says Rulk's proving difficult he means he's not complying not that he's having trouble, he refers to their fight as a "delay".

Bill fends off Surfer's energy attacks and knocks him back just as easily as Thor in his fight and even breaks a hole in Skuttlebutt when hitting him. The only difference was Surfer didn't close the gap on Thor after hitting him with hit Board in the first fight. He seemed to in the second fight but it was interrupted as soon as he did.

Eazy154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read it for yourself, billy said when he lift the hammer Thor's power was added to his. He's stronger than Thor until Thor reaches warrior madness. Then I think their enen. Or The a little stronger but not much.

Foneybone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

They are considered largely equal but fought a number of times just before and during blood and thunder where Thor basically thumped Bill pretty good and nearly killed him a couple of times. Bill did nearly knock Thor out on one of those occasions but then Thor got up and put Bill down quickly. No real reason I know of to pick Bill in this fight.

Actually quite the opposite, Blood and Thunder shows Bill to be the stronger of the two.

In their fist fight Thor only wins because he attacks Bill (who only wanted to talk) mid-sentence, and even then Bill rather easily overpowers him before Thor again attacks him while Bill tried to talk to him.

Similarly in their second fight Thor attacks Bill mid-sentence. Later in the fight he attacks Bill again while he's off guard helping Sif escape, this time destroying the planetoid they're on knocking Bill out int he process.

The third fight takes place almost immediately after the last with Bill waking up and, actually prepared to fight, promptly defeats Thor in one page with little effort.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beta Ray Bill ftw.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Spambot

@foneybone1: I don't think are giving a fully accurate portrayal of what happened in those fights. I own all the comics those battles occurred in and don't agree with your assessment of what happened.

In their first battle(Thor 461) Thor does hit Bill and they basically duke it out. Bill early in the fight knocks Thor down and puts his foot on his hammer and asks him to yield followed by Thor punching Bill and them exchanging more blows until Thor lets loose with a lightning bolt that hurts Bill and follows it up by knocking him through the asteroid they are fighting on then ko'ing him with another blow. Sif then jumps in and apparently takes Bill away with her. Thor clearly won the first fight though I'd say its worth noting that Bill was trying to reason with him during the fight.

The next battle is in Thor 468. Thor is getting the better of Bill again in this battle then after knocking him away grabs hold of Sif's hair. Bill then hits Thor in the back of the head with Stormbreaker and tells Sif to flee followed by Thor using an energy blast on him which knocks Bill down and then following up with a blow that destroys the whole planetoid they were fighting on. Overall Thor clearly got in the much more meaningful blows in that fight.

Next(SS 86) Thor fights both Bill and Surfer at the same time. Thor beats down Surfer a couple of times who is trying to talk sense to him and then Bill & Thor square off again. Bill does get the better of Thor this time and knocks him down to the ground while causing his nose to bleed. Bill then talks with Surfer while Thor manages to get up and unleash either an lightning or energy blast upon both of them which knocks out Bill cold. Surfer uses his board to get Bill to Sif who teleports them away. That fight could be sort of considered a draw though Thor actually did take Bill out while Bill only managed to subdue Thor for a bit though he wasn't trying to finish him off.

So overall I would say Thor was getting the better of Bill in those three fights. Granted Thor was getting the better of everyone in that arc so it doesn't really clearly establish Thor as far above Bill (I see them as being very close to equal but Thor did show more than once that his energy attacks can very nearly take Bill out).

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone read unworthy Thor this week? Thor went out of control with warrior madness and almost choked Bill to death.

I haven't seen him access warrior madness for so long.

pansito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pansito: I'll try to remember when I get home.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pansito: http://screenrant0.imgix.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Unworthy-Thor-3-Thor-Beta-Ray-Bill-Warrior-Madness-Marvel.jpg?auto=format&lossless=1&q=40&w=570&h=284&fit=crop

I found this. Can you post it up.

Foneybone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: I agree with what you said about their first fight, Thor clearly wins but it's not really impressive. I also wouldn't really say his win in the second fight really means anything either since he landed his best hits while Bill wasn't paying attention. Surfer didn't interfere while they where actually fighting so I'd still say Bill definitively won. Thor may have KOed Bill but he did just get up after taking a planetoid destroying attack and also seems to be pushing Surfer out of the way.

No Caption Provided
pansito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: i dont know how to do it i am still a noob

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For everyone's information, he accesses Warrior Madness here and nearly kills Bill. Of course Bill wasn't fighting back or trying to harm him.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e0c61aba21e
deactivated-60e0c61aba21e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: he wasn't in complete madness cuz he still had is sanity he was slowly being taken over ,if he was in complete madness he want stop pounding bill after proxima interrupted and bill was holding back.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mowjack: understood that, but someone said as of onslaught series he officially can no longer enter it. Well not this proves that he can.

I'd like to see world breaker Hulk vs warrior madness Thor and hammer

Avatar image for deactivated-60e0c61aba21e
deactivated-60e0c61aba21e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: I just want to know how powerful the current ultimate mjolnir.