• 86 results
poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thor

Why? There is no way he could win this. Alan Scott is above Superman level, and it's usually around 50-50 when people pit Thor against Superman.

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alan Scott is on a completely different class. he stomps

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

@nathaniel_adam said:

Thor

Why? There is no way he could win this. Alan Scott is above Superman level, and it's usually around 50-50 when people pit Thor against Superman.

Thor vs Superman isn't even that close and Thor can't keep up with Supes

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By poeticwarrior

@ninjawarrior268 said:
@poeticwarrior said:
@nathaniel_adam said:

Thor

Thor vs Superman isn't even that close and Thor can't keep up with Supes

If I remember correctly, people argued so much that it got locked. It comes down to Thor's magic and Superman's speed. I'm not interested enough to engage in Superman vs Thor though since they're not characters I care about, so it doesn't matter either ways. In this fight, Alan Scott is currently on a different league from the Kryptonians. I just don't see Thor beating either old Alan Scott or new Alan Scott... maybe the old Alan Scott if Thor had a number 2 pencil.

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poeticwarrior: @poeticwarrior: superman vs thor is a different fight most of people think that superman wins because he has significantly better combat speed but here not in this case alan has other powers to use from what i've seen he doesn't fight like a speedster I won't deny that he has derinitely great Potential but for now i think that he hasn't (he has a few appearances not enough maybe when he has more I will change my opinion) better feats than Thor just now

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alan

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alan

Madripoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alan Scott

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By poeticwarrior

@nathaniel_adam said:

@poeticwarrior: @poeticwarrior: superman vs thor is a different fight most of people think that superman wins because he has significantly better combat speed but here not in this case alan has other powers to use from what i've seen he doesn't fight like a speedster I won't deny that he has derinitely great Potential but for now i think that he hasn't (he has a few appearances not enough maybe when he has more I will change my opinion) better feats than Thor just now

I don't see what Thor can do to Alan that could possibly put him down unless he destroyed the entire Earth. The green energy will resurrect Alan if he gets killed, and he recovered very quickly after being hit by the omega beam and healed everyone at the same time. Alan can turn into a giant as well. I don't see what Thor has that could put Alan down for good when he could defend against Omega Beam and throw a punch that throw Darkseid back and knocked him out for a while as well as a blast that is many time stronger than Superman's punches. How big of a cut would he make against a giant Alan Scott assuming that he could get through Alan's blast, break through his shield, and avoid Alan's punch?

No Caption Provided

Of course you are free to think otherwise, but this is a debate forum, and I haven't heard how Thor could defeat Alan Scott with so many things working against him.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alan

OF Thor would stand a chance.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Sly_141

@poeticwarrior He was amped when he hit DS right? Anyways GL takes a majority.

Avatar image for egyptian_god_ra
Egyptian_God_Ra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shoot, accidentally deleted my post while trying to edit it.

I feel like Alan Scott should take this. The new Alan Scott knocked out Darkseid with one punch (This is right before Darkseid defeated Power Girl, Hawkgirl, Huntress, Dr. Fate, Aquawoman, Green Arrow, Superman, Red Cyclone, Flash, Batman all by himself twice since Alan Scott healed them up right before fighting Darkseid), and can block Omega beam, as well as blast through a substance that is stronger than superman's punches. He created a shield protecting the entire Earth against Apokolips all by himself.

Here are some of his feats:

Apokolips is powerful enough that Superman's series of punches can't even dent it.

No Caption Provided

Alan Scott can puncture through and create a giant hole through it that can be seen from space

No Caption Provided

He can also form a shield that reaches and protect the entire Earth

No Caption Provided

He can heal everyone using green energy.

No Caption Provided

He can block Omega beam and use the multiverse energy to knock out Darkseid with one punch.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

His power is widespread and can target many people at many places at the same time

No Caption Provided

It travels very fast and reaches through space.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Yep Alan takes this

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By poeticwarrior

@sly_141 said:

@poeticwarrior He was amped when he hit DS right? Anyways GL takes a majority.

No, he wasn't amped up, that was part of his power. He is the Earth avatar. and he can feel and use the multiversal Earths' energy. He wasn't able to fully utilize that power up to that point because he was afraid of losing himself but his boyfriend, Sam, gives him to courage to give in to the energy.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poeticwarrior: In that case he probably stomps... Thanks for the info.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By adamTRMM

@poeticwarrior said:

Against Alan or Superman? Can't say about Superman, but how would he win against Alan?

Alan.

I don't think he was all that impressive, he always needed an amp to do something huge, burn himself out and got mopped a lot of times. So with Thor's durability, strength and the axe, eventually he goes down.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By poeticwarrior

@adamtrmm said:
@poeticwarrior said:

Against Alan or Superman? Can't say about Superman, but how would he win against Alan?

Alan.

I don't think he was all that impressive, he always needed an amp to do something huge, burn himself out and got mopped a lot of times. So with Thor's durability, strength and the axe, eventually he goes down.

It's not an amp. An amp means that it's only temporary and an outside interference. It's an upgrade in power and it's a part of Alan Scott's power set. The only upgrade he got is after absorbing all the other Earth's energies on top of Green energy. He was only utilized it at its full potential after letting go of his fears of losing himself and embraces the power. Tell me who mop the floor against Alan Scott? Superman and Steppenwolf defeated him pre-upgrade, he only lost to Darkseid (he was extremely weakened since the Earth was dying) after the upgrade so say that he got mopped a lot of times is a false statement, especially after the upgrade, he would have no trouble defeating Superman. Dr. Impossible stated that only Alan can fight against Darkseid while Superman, Powergirl, Aquawoman are around. Are you saying that Thor can go against Darkseid? That Thor can stop Omega Beam? That Thor is stronger than Superman, Powergirl, Flash, and Aquawoman at the same time? Alan Scott's power is an upgrade. He's one with the Earth and can channel multi-Earth's energy. He only got burned out because the Earth was weakened from Darkseid's invasion since he receives his energy from the Earth. How big of a cut can Thor make against a giant Alan Scott? Thor is durable enough that he can tank a blast that many times stronger than Superman's punches and planetary in size and a punch that knock out Darkseid? You haven't said anything as to how Thor can get past Alan's shield that defended against Omega Beam, a planetary blast that many times stronger than Superman's punches or how he could harm a giant Alan Scott that has the strength to knock out Darkseid, as well as get passed Alan's healing ability that instantly recovered from a blast from Omega Beam. Tell me the process of how he could beat Alan instead of just saying these broad statements. I want to know how Thor can get close to Alan Scott, get pass his shield, avoid his punch, damage a giant Alan Scott, and defeat Alan Scott before he heals himself. Even if he were killed, Alan Scott could resurrect himself.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alan.

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Nathaniel_Adam

@poeticwarrior: actaully the omega beams knocked him out or even killed him because he was down for a while then got back up in order to defeat darkseid he summoned energy from the green or whatever source to defeat darkseid as you see energy from the sky swirling if I remember correctly though even if this is not a feat for alan thor is not on darkseid's level so it doesn't mean alan can't beat thor

Night_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alan wins handily. His durability have just been getting better and better, and he's got plenty of offensive power as shown against Darkseid. Worthy Thor would be a much better fight, and I'd still be inclined to back Alan even then.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By poeticwarrior

@nathaniel_adam said:

@poeticwarrior: actaully the omega beams knocked him out or even killed him because he was down for a while then got back up in order to defeat darkseid he summoned energy from the green or whatever source to defeat darkseid as you see energy from the sky swirling if I remember correctly though even if this is not a feat for alan thor is not on darkseid's level so it doesn't mean alan can't beat thor

Did you read the actual comic? He got hit by the Omega Beam the first time because the Earth was weakened and he hadn't tapped into the Green energy's true potential yet, but even as he was weakened, he healed everybody up, then as he embraces and becomes one with the energy, that is when he can utilize its full potential which is how he could block Omega Beam and knock out Darkseid using the multiversal energy punch. It is not an outside power, it is a part of his power, he didn't summon the green energy, that energy is a part of him, it is his feat, and he could replicate it anytime. I'm not sure what those swirls are during the scene where he knocks out Darkseid, but the power is emanated from him. It's likely to be some confusion in the art seeing as it has nothing to do with the scene, so I don't even know how you associate it with the swirls in the sky giving Alan Scott power, His power is the Earth, ALL the Earths as he is a part of Earth's soul. He is the Earth's avatar. Someone who can knocked out Darkseid and do a blast that is many times more powerful than superman would win again Thor. Once again, you have not explained how Thor could beat him like what could Thor possibly do to defeat Alan Scott and how he could overcome his powers. I could make broad statements like Spiderman could beat Thor also since I don't think Thor's feats are that impressive. At this point, it's like people are just covering their ears going lah lah lah. Even the comic itself stated that only Alan Scott can put up a fight against darkseid whereas Power Girl, Superman, Flash, Aquawoman can't even fight him; his power is above these people's level, so I'm not sure why you keep undermine his abilities. Please explain to me instead of saying these broad statements like the steps of how Thor could overcome Alan's set of powers that I have talked about many times. how big of a cut can Thor make against a giant Alan Scott? Thor is durable enough that he can tank a blast that many times stronger than Superman's punches and planetary in size and a punch that knock out Darkseid? You haven't said anything as to how Thor can get past Alan's shield that defended against Omega Beam, a planetary blast that many times stronger than Superman's punches or how he could harm a giant Alan Scott that has the strength to knock out Darkseid, as well as get passed Alan's healing ability that instantly recovered from a blast from Omega Beam. Tell me the process of how he could beat Alan instead of just saying these broad statements. I want to know how Thor can get close to Alan Scott, get pass his shield, avoid his punch, damage a giant Alan Scott, and defeat Alan Scott before he heals himself. Even if he were killed, Alan Scott could resurrect himself.

Here is the scene before Alan knocks out Darkseid, he becomes the Earth's soul and can utilize multi-Earths energy. This is when he can finally utilize the multi-Earths' power after becomes one with it. All the Earth's elemental powers are flowing inside him and not an outside force. Saying he got hit by Omega Beam when he was weakened and not as his strongest yet is not a good argument seeing as how he could block it at close range and knocked out Darkseid after that.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Dinkleberg92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

why does thor have an axe

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why does thor have an axe

It's his new weapon because Thor lost his hammer after becoming unworthy.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

thor

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

I mean't alan

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean't alan

lol, I was gonna ask how Thor could win against someone who can knock out Darkseid and a blast that many times stronger than superman.

OT: I thought it was a Thor avatar at first.

Avatar image for theredheadedyeti
TheRedHeadedYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3: yeah but comic fans can't be blamed because it's comic vine not dbx vine

It takes two to tango though. There are always immature individuals in both parties and it escalates from there.

Dinkleberg92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Alan for the stomp

mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Thor killed a Celestial :)

context, he had a plot device axe that was extremely powerful, which is not something he normally have

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor wrecks him.

Consistenty wise Alan lost to New God Jimmy, and needed help from Power Girl and Val-Zod to defeat him, the same New God Jimmy was brutally curbstomped by Kalibak (who is below Wonder Woman), later Alan was stalemated by Power Girl (who is also below Wonder Woman) in 1v1 battle and had to rely on magic energy construct to defeat her via magic vulnerability.

But sheer strength and durability wise they were equal with Power Girl having a decent enough edge due to the fact that even then he still relied on magic aura covering his body and fists and still not gaining advantage in those categories.

In short Alan is Power Girl/Wonder Woman level character.

LordTwigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By LordTwigo

Pictured Unworthy Thor loses, current All Father Thor wins

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna go Alan Scott. I think he's good enough to beat a base Thor, especially an unworthy Thor.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unworthy loses Normal Thor is Thor winning handily. Thor is the WORST person any lantern wants to fight. Thors Drain is insane and he's far supior across the board to boot. Even Eric Masterosn Thor beat Qusar

Prime10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AS blink him