• No BFR
  • Standard gear
  • No prep
  • Fight to death or KO
  • No morals bloodlusted
  • No knowledge on each other
  • Fight takes place in the Avengers Masion living room
  • 10 meters apart

Who Will Win? The Thunder God, Thor? Or The Powerful Warlock, Adam?

#2 Posted by NeonGameWave (9019 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

#3 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#4 Posted by chiq (2024 posts) - - Show Bio

Adam has the Soul Gem?

#5 Edited by CaptainAmerica1986 (106 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe they've already fought. Him ran away from the fight. Thor takes this.

#6 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaptainAmerica1986 said:

I believe they've already fought. Him ran away from the fight. Thor takes this.

Not a normal showing for Thor as he was under "warrior madness" the first time he beat Warlock.

Thor has beaten Warlock a second and a third time, both during Blood and Thunder where he has an ambigious amp.

That being said, Thor has no answer to his soul being ripped out via soul gem.

#7 Posted by CaptainAmerica1986 (106 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't state if he has the soul gem. Regardless, I don't think Adam would win.

#8 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't state if he has the soul gem. Regardless, I don't think Adam would win.

The image has him with soul gem, and Warlock has manipulated souls without the gem, but he needs to touch the person in question.

In a purely physical conflict Warlock is going to get stomped. All powers its pretty close. Warlock himself is pretty fast, without any confirmed reaction time, pretty skilled, very versatile (telepathy, matter manipulation, soul manipulation, teleportation), can create very powerful shields etc.

Could go either way, its not as one sided as people think.

#9 Posted by superman69 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#10 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq said:

Adam has the Soul Gem?

Yes.

#11 Edited by chiq (2024 posts) - - Show Bio

So what is Thor's counter to the soul gem? Can Mjolnir somehow sheild him from it?

#12 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#13 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

I said standard gear. The soul gem is standard gear for Adam.

#14 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

Very close could go either way, i am backing Adam Warlock here.

Again, physically Adam would get murdered. He has matter manipulation, telepathy (not really in the level to have Thor in trouble), soul manipulation, and powerful shields, with full powers it pretty close.

#15 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

Bump.

#16 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (3226 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Adam...Isn't he in a way equal to Thanos?

#17 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@King-Stranglehold da first: I don't think so.

#18 Posted by Alyssabird (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

Bump.

#19 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#20 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

Bump

#21 Posted by dondave (38891 posts) - - Show Bio

Adam

#22 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Adam

Why?

#23 Posted by dondave (38891 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThunderGodsWrath: For the reason's killemall provided previously.

#24 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@King-Stranglehold da first: I don't think so.

Sorry to reply to a very old post, but no Adam Warlock is actually physically inferior to even Hercules. Hercules was easily beating Warlock before Vision intervened, we also have Doom rather easily knock out Warlock, twice, without any sort of amp.

The one time Warlock and Thanos fought, it lasted 1 page and Warlock was killed.

Warlock has also never actually physically beaten anyone significant, unless you couldnt beating Magus or Drax in soul world, were power work based on strength of your soul than what your powers actually are.

That being said, if Warlock uses his gem properly, neither Thanos, nor Thor (Thor did resist karmic blast from soul gem during blood and thunder) , nor Mephisto in Hades can beat Warlock. People tend to forget Soul gem is in fact 1/6 of the infinity gauntlet, and honestly its backing that kind of power.

Just to give an indication of how powerful soul gem is, during Ultraforce story arc, soul gem gained sentience and started creating entire universe, on top of universes to a point it nearly collapsed entire omniverse, those gem (before hickman touched it) were mega powerful, if tapped properly.

@dondave said:

hi5 :)

#25 Posted by age_of_ultron_Prime2000 (1217 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock

#26 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Ok

#27 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Damn lol

#28 Posted by UltraSuperTrooper (676 posts) - - Show Bio

Ehh, close fight but I think Thor would take majority

#29 Posted by Raw_Material (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor stomps.

#30 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini said:

Thor stomps.

I am interested in seeing how you believe so?

I can understand Thor winning, why the stomps part?

#31 Edited by Raw_Material (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: 1) Because I can, 2) is because it's a battle forum and not the comics. I see Thor stomping Adam Warlock. I can't even see how he really could match up to the God of Thunder but I guess it's real and Warlock is definitely not playing around.

But again... Thor stomps.

#32 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini said:

@Killemall: 1) Because I can

Not sure if you took it the wrong way, but i am just trying to understand why you think Thor stomps. I , however, am not saying you are wrong, just curious as i believe myself very well versed with Thor and Adam Warlock.

2) is because it's a battle forum and not the comics. I see Thor stomping Adam Warlock. I can't even see how he really could match up to the God of Thunder but I guess it's real and Warlock is definitely not playing around.

But again... Thor stomps.

This actually goes totally against Thor.

As per how Warlock could even match up with Thor, well firstly soul manipulation

Strange Tales 180: Rips Kray-Tor's soul out of his body

Power of Warlock 11: Adam Warlock rips the soul out of an entire army of Magus

Power of Warlock 11: Adam Warlock's soul manipulation failed to work on In Betweener, because he is the freakin' Inbetweener :p

In fact when tapped properly Warlock beat Mephisto in Hades

Adam Warlock/ Silver Surfer: Resurrection Adam Warlock beats Mephisto in Hades, awesome.

Another would be matter manipulation

Marvel Premier 02: Turned Hounds into human

Power of Warlock 02: Turned bullets into harmless water molecules

Power of Warlock 02: Turned Parachute into air molecules

Power of Warlock 08: Turns monsters into small bite size :p

Strange Tales 178: Turned Man beast into well an actual animal :p

Guardian of the Galaxy 13: Adam Warlock transmutes the mineral content of a planetoid in the Disradi System into an unknown ultra transition metal

Warlock is not Thor's equal in physical durability or strength, but is extremely versatile and has soul gem, that 1/6 of infinity gauntlet, Thor is going to have hard time countering the energy of soul gem, or adapting to Warlock matter manipulation, in fact Kismet , a lady clone of Warlock has manipulated matter on a planetary scale with ease.

#33 Posted by chiq (2024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Just curious, how does Thor beat the soul gem? Does he have a counter for it? I don't see how Thor being stronger and more durable to physical blows will help him. I am not well versed in Adam Warlock, but isn't having no soul the counter to the gem, and to my knowledge only a few beings operate w/o a soul. Can the hammer or Thor being an Asgaridan somehow save him from the gem?

#34 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq said:

@Killemall: Just curious, how does Thor beat the soul gem?

Well if the soul gem is tapped properly, something Adam Warlock can after all he was selected by the soul gem and he has a very strange connection to gem, Thor should have very little answer to it.

Does he have a counter for it?

He doesnt really.

Thor did however manage to resist a karmic blast from the soul gem.

Although if he does tap into the gem properly he should have little trouble, those gem are incredibly powerful.

I don't see how Thor being stronger and more durable to physical blows will help him.

Hehe thats pretty much what i have been saying the first time around. I am leaning more towards Adam Warlock winning, provided he fights the way he should. I mean if Mephisto in Hades couldnt put him down and actually lost, Thor should really be no problem. Even Thanos himself fears soul gem, and choose not to attack Warlock directly but to trick him into believing he was helping him defeat Magus in order to get a sample of soul gem to re-create it during The Final Threat story arc.

Speaks volume about its power. Also it was said, by 2 people most well versed with soul gem, Thanos and Warlock, than had Galactus had a soul Warlock could drive him off with soul gem alone. Sadly though Galactus doesnt.

I am not well versed in Adam Warlock, but isn't having no soul the counter to the gem, and to my knowledge only a few beings operate w/o a soul.

I think so too, we know soul gem doesnt work on InBetweener and Galactus, but apart from that when tapped properly it works on everyone.

Besides soul gem can allow Warlock to shoot out pretty powerful energy attacks, and given when soul gem gained sentience it created countless universes on its own, that speaks volumes of how much energy it can dish out.

Can the hammer or Thor being an Asgaridan somehow save him from the gem?

We have never actually seen that happen, but based on Quasar who can pretty much manipulate every kind of energy unlikely.

Quantum band didnt read the energy coming out of soul gem, hard to argue Thor's hammer could do a lot. Again back to Mephisto vs Hades, if Mephisto in hell, who arguably has one of the greatest control over soul , admitted Warlock controls of soul "soundly beat him", it says heaps.

#35 Posted by chiq (2024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Very nice analysis. Thanks. Going with Adam as well.

#36 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall

I am not so sure about the outcome, since thor actually resisted to Soul Gem as You know. And Mephisto also had problem with controlling his soul. Other SG powers? I am not sure yet, but IDK about any feats of Warlock's other enemies in soul area. Thor has them and already resisted Warlock. 

BTW, Quantum Bands can't affect magic, which was the reason why it didn't affect SG. Mjolnir can drain any source of enregy. But I don't belive that SG has any limit, so it would only make Thor more powerfull, but it won't directly defeat Warlock. 

Do You have scans of these feats from Ultraverse?
#37 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Killemall: I am not so sure about the outcome, since thor actually resisted to Soul Gem as You know. And Mephisto also had problem with controlling his soul.

I think the outcome is debatable but Thor resisted a karmic blast from Warlock, thats a little different from when Warlock really taps into the gem and rips the soul out of a person, thats not what he did with it.

Mephisto struggle to control his soul only because he had a pure soul, thats a different thing.

We also know Mephisto at one time had Thor's soul trapped into a bag in Hades.

Other SG powers? I am not sure yet, but IDK about any feats of Warlock's other enemies in soul area. Thor has them and already resisted Warlock.

Other power from SG

1. Matter Manipulation

2. Ability to drag someone into soul world.

3. Cosmic blast

While the third is little untested, we know when he tried he one shotted a Thanoside. We also know that soul gem itself has untold cosmic powers in it, enough to create multiple entire universes.

Thats a pretty huge power he is packing.

BTW, Quantum Bands can't affect magic, which was the reason why it didn't affect SG.

I did not know Quantum Bands were magical thanks, but SG isnt magical. Firstly the infinity being was stated to be a cosmic being as opposed to mystical ones. Secondly, we know the blast warlock uses is referred to in bio as cosmic blast.

But I don't belive that SG has any limit, so it would only make Thor more powerfull, but it won't directly defeat Warlock. Do You have scans of these feats from Ultraverse?

I dont think SG can be drained, i also dont think Thor could maybe block the soul gem blast (which appears like lightning) with his hammer.

I know i showed you the whole instance of ultraforce in the other thread once, to substantiate IG being multiversal before hickman touched it, from Mr.Master post.

Here is the relevant part again

4 had Nemesis' evil side (Power-Soul-Mind-Space)

1 was confused (Reality)

1 was sound with logic (Time)

But we also find out, the "remaining energy" from the 6 Gems, like waves

is now crashing on the Continuum creating UniverseS back to back on top of the Ultraverse.

[img=http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/13994541_Gems1.jpg]

[img=http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/13994560_N_Waves9.jpg]

[img=http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/13994561_N_Waves10.jpg]

#38 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall

I think the outcome is debatable but Thor resisted a karmic blast from Warlock, thats a little different from when Warlock really taps into the gem and rips the soul out of a person, thats not what he did with it.

Mephisto struggle to control his soul only because he had a pure soul, thats a different thing.

We also know Mephisto at one time had Thor's soul trapped into a bag in Hades.

But according to Warlock himself, Thor's soul was stronger than others. This means that Warlock needs feat against such a soul. Did Warlock ever took down a god's soul with his gem? God with similar power to Thor of course. 
(remember that Thanos is not a god ;-) )

Other power from SG

1. Matter Manipulation

2. Ability to drag someone into soul world.

3. Cosmic blast

I know them, I was thinking out loud asking myself if I belive that they can take him or not ;-)

1.I don't think that Warlock ever manipulated living matter of someone as durable as Thor.
2.But Warlock isn't a god there , is he? Remember that no hero from B&T story could affect Thor soul. Which means that Warlock would have problem with that. Even when all of them were present in Astral Plane of Thor's mind, there could barely run from there.
3.It won't change anytihng IMO.    

We also know that soul gem itself has untold cosmic powers in it, enough to create multiple entire universes.

Thats a pretty huge power he is packing.

&

I

know i showed you the whole instance of ultraforce in the other thread once, to substantiate IG being multiversal before hickman touched it, from Mr.Master post.

Here is the relevant part again

4 had Nemesis' evil side (Power-Soul-Mind-Space)

1 was confused (Reality)

1 was sound with logic (Time)

But we also find out, the "remaining energy" from the 6 Gems, like waves

is now crashing on the Continuum creating UniverseS back to back on top of the Ultraverse.

[img=http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/13994541_Gems1.jpg]

[img=http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/13994560_N_Waves9.jpg]

[img=http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/13994561_N_Waves10.jpg]

1.I see it first time for sure. Only thing about Ultraverse that we were using in our debates, was when I posted scans of Warlock using telepathy without SG in Rune's mini.
2.It is rather a showing of what happened when Nemesis disbanded her own power, time when there was only one IG. 
3.Warlock didn't any of this, so I would rather not use it here or in Warlock's threads at all.

I did not know Quantum Bands were magical thanks, but SG isnt magical. Firstly the infinity being was stated to be a cosmic being as opposed to mystical ones. Secondly, we know the blast warlock uses is referred to in bio as cosmic blast.

Re-read my words: QB can't affect magic. I never said that they are magical. It seems that SG is magically based. I don't think that Nemesis was ever limited to any plane of existance or power. Magic or reality warping, it doesn't matter for IG. It can affect everything and use every power. It is above such a categories. 

P.S. And I had to re-read last comics from B&T to answer on this and another hour wasn't mine :-] And I still have to answer to You about Thor vs Superman battle :-P

#39 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

Adam Warlock should win with Soul Gem, without it, then the result maybe opposite.

#40 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

But according to Warlock himself, Thor's soul was stronger than others. This means that Warlock needs feat against such a soul. Did Warlock ever took down a god's soul with his gem? God with similar power to Thor of course.
(remember that Thanos is not a god ;-) )

That part i agree, that Warlock though Thor's soul was more fortified him being a god. That being said he did trump Mephisto in Hades with the soul gem. We also know it was stated that Warlock could drive away Galactus with soul gem, if Galactus had a soul, which Warlock discovered it wasnt.

Given the ability of the gem, i think its more likely that Thor is going to have huge trouble with soul manipulation alone.

I know them, I was thinking out loud asking myself if I belive that they can take him or not ;-)

1.I don't think that Warlock ever manipulated living matter of someone as durable as Thor.
2.But Warlock isn't a god there , is he? Remember that no hero from B&T story could affect Thor soul. Which means that Warlock would have problem with that. Even when all of them were present in Astral Plane of Thor's mind, there could barely run from there.
3.It won't change anytihng IMO.

1. Warlock has never had problem with anyone durability before and he manipulated Man Beast into a beat who is class 100 (although Thor should be a more durable than him)

2. Warlock isnt a god in soul world, but he is one who controls the soul gem and he is the only one (apart from Magus) that retains the power. In Soul world power functions differently, Surfer was completely powerless there, but Drax, because his soul was force to one thing and one thing only, killing Thanos was pretty powerful (yet still lost against Warlock). That could matter because most of Thor's ability wont work, besides Warlock can jump in and out of soul world as he likes, no one else can.

3. Its not a game changer but gem are packing some serious powers, its about how much he can use the gems.

1.I see it first time for sure. Only thing about Ultraverse that we were using in our debates, was when I posted scans of Warlock using telepathy without SG in Rune's mini.
2.It is rather a showing of what happened when Nemesis disbanded her own power, time when there was only one IG.
3.Warlock didn't any of this, so I would rather not use it here or in Warlock's threads at all.

1. I dont see why we shouldnt use the showing in Ultraverse story arc, while its not about Warlock powers, the statement i made was to suggest what kind of power he can tap into if he really wants.

2. The gems were working alone , and Warlock has one of those gem. Although yeah those gem now likely are a lot less powerful.

3. Never said Warlock did any of that. Just to copy what i said earlier:

Besides soul gem can allow Warlock to shoot out pretty powerful energy attacks, and given when soul gem gained sentience it created countless universes on its own, that speaks volumes of how much energy it can dish out.

What i was trying to say is that the gem itself has enough cosmic energy to create entire universes. So provided Warlock does tap into the gem properly, the magnitude of attack Warlock can muster is rather unlimited. Given Warlock one shotted a Thanoside, he could likely come up with enough energy to one shot Thor too, thats still a LOT less that what SG can dish out.

Re-read my words: QB can't affect magic. I never said that they are magical. It seems that SG is magically based. I don't think that Nemesis was ever limited to any plane of existance or power. Magic or reality warping, it doesn't matter for IG. It can affect everything and use every power. It is above such a categories.

P.S. And I had to re-read last comics from B&T to answer on this and another hour wasn't mine :-] And I still have to answer to You about Thor vs Superman battle :-P

That was a type from my part, i understood what you said.

Dont agree with the second part, what makes soul gem seem magically based? Beyonder could affect anything he wants he is not magical.

Also just because you are not bound to laws of reality doesnt make you magical. None of the cosmic cube are bound to laws of realities as well, they are not magical.

No problem take your time with Thor vs Superman, i am pretty sure we are not going to agree though.

#41 Posted by boostergold321 (301 posts) - - Show Bio

Shouldn't we define magic first before say what's/who's magical and who's not?

#42 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock takes this via soul gem and only.

#43 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall
0. There is a lot of misunderstanding here... 

Given the ability of the gem, i think its more likely that Thor is going to have huge trouble with soul manipulation alone.

Mephisto's power actually depends on other people souls, he also is made out of negative emotions, so he and Thor are completly different. 
Besides, I know that SG should be able to affect Thor. I am sure that if Warlock would have whole IG he would be able to do it. He just lack of skill or understanding to this. Maybe it sounds strange, but if Warlock had more than problems with Thor (remember that he lost with him already, couldn't affect him with his Karma Blast and... I don't belive that they didn't consider SG as an option to at least knock out Thor. Yet, they didn't even try that, since Thor resisted SG before.

1. Warlock has never had problem with anyone durability before and he manipulated Man Beast into a beat who is class 100 (although Thor should be a more durable than him)

That is the point. 
P.S. Can You post in anyway? I would like to steal that scan ;-)

2. Warlock isnt a god in soul world, but he is one who controls the soul gem and he is the only one (apart from Magus) that retains the power. In Soul world power functions differently, Surfer was completely powerless there, but Drax, because his soul was force to one thing and one thing only, killing Thanos was pretty powerful (yet still lost against Warlock). That could matter because most of Thor's ability wont work, besides Warlock can jump in and out of soul world as he likes, no one else can.

So it is hard to judge how it will end there. Also, You seem to forgot that Thor can run from any dimension thanks to his godly powers:
Thor can run from any dimension
  And remember that Thor can manipulate souls by himself, which should be another reason why this tactic could fail Warlock. 

1. I dont see why we shouldnt use the showing in Ultraverse story arc, while its not about Warlock powers, the statement i made was to suggest what kind of power he can tap into if he really wants.

2. The gems were working alone , and Warlock has one of those gem. Although yeah those gem now likely are a lot less powerful.

3. Never said Warlock did any of that. Just to copy what i said earlier:

What i was trying to say is that the gem itself has enough cosmic energy to create entire universes. So provided Warlock does tap into the gem properly, the magnitude of attack Warlock can muster is rather unlimited. Given Warlock one shotted a Thanoside, he could likely come up with enough energy to one shot Thor too, thats still a LOT less that what SG can dish out.

1.I never said that we shouldn't. From were did You get that?
2.That is one thing and other is that Warlock never used so much power using SG.
3.I know, I never said that You're saying anything else, but it is still irrelevant for this fight. Which Thanoside was taken out with it? And when?  There is still a problem, considering that Thor can absorb the blast.

Dont agree with the second part, what makes soul gem seem magically based? Beyonder could affect anything he wants he is not magical.

Also just because you are not bound to laws of reality doesnt make you magical. None of the cosmic cube are bound to laws of realities as well, they are not magical.

1.Battle with Quasar.
2.It seems that IG is beyond concepts like magic or physics. That is why I consider it as partly magical. It still doesn't change anything here, it just means that there is no reason to belive that Thor can't absorb Warlock's energy blast. Thus, my logic doesn't apply to Beyonder, since we do know that his powers are based on X-gene and Terrigen's mists.
#44 Posted by Kyle_Dornez (260 posts) - - Show Bio

While I am a Warlock fan, I must admit, that most likely he won't be standing after a faceful of Mjolnir. Delivering faceful of Mjolnir is a different story though, 'cause here the "Fight takes place in the Avengers Masion living room 10 meters apart" means pretty much nothing, as both fighters are capable of teleport, and the fight most likely instantly would transform into space battle on orbit or something. Essentially it boils down to question if Warlock has his Soul Gem, since it's grants ultimate authority over anything soul-related (well at least granted, until those New Avengers managed to destroy it =__=")

Without it, Warlock needs a lot of prep-time, and it's already outruled. I actually at one point tried to outline Warlocks post-Annihilation powers, which looked like derivative from his symbiosis with Soul Gem, and even now he demonstrated absorbtion of sorcerous energies, which could suck for Thors magic lightning.

By the way, does "No Morals" mean Warlock can go into his Magus mode? Because as Magus he seemed even more powerful.

#45 Posted by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

This is an amazing thread. Adam Warlock owning Mephisto in his own realm was just awesome.

With the SG, I want to go with Adam, and realize his lack of durability miiiight be an issue, but likely not based on the manner in which Thor would likely have to engage a being like Adam, when fighting to the best of his ability.

So:

Thor has tanked a karmic blast. Do we believe Adam would be able to resist a blast from Thor? I know Adam has gone toe to toe with Thor as HIM, and that was without the gem. But of course his physical strength and endurance have been degraded since then.

Also, Thor would having proven to be able to resist the karmic blast leads me to believe he might be able to resist entrapment in the SG as well, as alluded to above.

They both have transmutation powers, so that may cancel itself out. A reasonable argument can be made that Adam's transmutation powers are higher level based on the source.

#46 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@boostergold321 said:

Shouldn't we define magic first before say what's/who's magical and who's not?

hehe i was honestly holding this one back because the definition of magic is wonky and changeable, what can we say its likely a magical definition of magic.

Marvel Glossary 1985 gives us the definition of magic.

Marvel Glossary 2007 has another definition of magic different from above defination

The same glossary goes on to define Infinity Gems, and does so as if they were cosmic

Mephisto's power actually depends on other people souls, he also is made out of negative emotions, so he and Thor are completly different.
Besides, I know that SG should be able to affect Thor. I am sure that if Warlock would have whole IG he would be able to do it. He just lack of skill or understanding to this. Maybe it sounds strange, but if Warlock had more than problems with Thor (remember that he lost with him already, couldn't affect him with his Karma Blast and... I don't belive that they didn't consider SG as an option to at least knock out Thor. Yet, they didn't even try that, since Thor resisted SG before.

Mephisto was in Hades at that time, in his own domain where his ability to manipulate "dead" soul is supreme. They fight to find out who has better control of souls, Mephisto claim was your soul gem give you complete control of living souls but not dead, while Warlock's statement was it gives me complete control of both souls. They duked it out and Mephisto himself admitted Warlock "soundly" defeated him.

Also while i wouldnt say Warlock being able to rip Thor's soul is given he should give Thor trouble, given his connection to soul gem, i will details warlock's connection to infinity gem below.

That is the point.
P.S. Can You post in anyway? I would like to steal that scan ;-)

Also my point was Warlock matter manipulates using soul gem, and the gem itself should have no problem with Thor's durability. Furthermore, Warlock has never really had problem manipulating someone matter because he was too durable.

So it is hard to judge how it will end there. Also, You seem to forgot that Thor can run from any dimension thanks to his godly powers:
And remember that Thor can manipulate souls by himself, which should be another reason why this tactic could fail Warlock.

I think you missed my first post, my point was its pretty close, could go either way but i am siding with Warlock (despite him physical inferiority to Thor) and i am detailing things that might help him fight Thor. None of these is meant to be a sure shot win for warlock because i dont think its an outright given that Warlock should win.

1.I never said that we shouldn't. From were did You get that?
2.That is one thing and other is that Warlock never used so much power using SG.
3.I know, I never said that You're saying anything else, but it is still irrelevant for this fight. Which Thanoside was taken out with it? And when? There is still a problem, considering that Thor can absorb the blast.

1. You never said we shouldnt, you said you thought we were using his appearences only from Rune saga, while i replied why not use the appearence of soul gem during Avengers & Ultraforce story arc.

2. That was the point, Warlock could "likely" have access to infinite energy, sure how much Warlock can use is unknown. BTW we know Warlock has a very close connection with soul gem as we know:

a. It was soul gem that choose him

b. He has been bonded with gem nearly all his life.

c. He was able to tap into power of synthetic gem to turn Thanos into stone.

d. He was able to communicate and disrupt entire IG with his connection to soul gem to stop Nebula

c. When Goddess let loose a small portion of reality gem power, which nearly warp 616 into a state of "un-reality" (no idea what that actually meas) Warlock was able to talk and clam down the gem without touching it.

So likely Warlock can use pretty huge powers as he is choosen and properly bonded with the gem to the point he now has a connection.

Will address the rest later, time to go to work :)