• 57 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by TheSpiritStalker (2013 posts) - - Show Bio

These are the movie versions, Loki has freed Abomination from custody who goes on a rampage against Loki's orders, he hopes to gain Hulk's attention but instead gains Thor's.

#2 Posted by k4tzm4n (36433 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor might get smacked around a bit, but he'll eventually win when he decides to properly use his powers (a la vs the Destroyer and Ice Giants).

Staff
#3 Posted by Illuminatus (9495 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor, assuming he doesn't hold back.

#4 Posted by k4tzm4n (36433 posts) - - Show Bio

@Termy: He didn't have the edge, but he was holding his own against Hulk in the hellcarrier without it. I can't see someone without impressive strength being able to temporarily hold back an overhead attack from Hulk. Not that in matters, though, because Thor has mjolnir in this.

Staff
#5 Posted by Illuminatus (9495 posts) - - Show Bio
@Termy said:

Thor only is poweful with his hammer. without it he never, ever showed any strength durability or high durability at all. 

What are you talking about? He wasn't holding his hammer when Tony repulsor-blasted him in the face and he came out unscathed. Or how about when him and Hulk fought? 
 
#6 Posted by claws (5061 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought the abomination lost the fight to hulk

i will go with thor

#7 Posted by k4tzm4n (36433 posts) - - Show Bio

@claws said:

i thought the abomination lost the fight to hulk

i will go with thor

Yes, Abomination did eventually lose. Emil put a major hurting on Hulk, but the green goliath eventually turned the tide.

Staff
#8 Posted by claws (5061 posts) - - Show Bio

@Termy said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Termy said:

Thor only is poweful with his hammer. without it he never, ever showed any strength durability or high durability at all.

What are you talking about? He wasn't holding his hammer when Tony repulsor-blasted him in the face and he came out unscathed. Or how about when him and Hulk fought?

Thor was waiting for his hammer to return for some time and he was easily trading blows with Hulk without it.

the abomination creamed the hulks a$$@claws: no the abomination beat the hulk. he was throwing him around like a toy.

yeah but hulk manage to ko him by choking him with some chain weapon in the end the way i remember it

#9 Posted by k4tzm4n (36433 posts) - - Show Bio

@Termy:

  • Abomination eventually lost to Hulk. Emil had the edge most of the time, but he still lost. Honestly, not sure how you can say otherwise unless you turned off the movie before it ended.
  • You're assuming Thor will act like an idiot and just try to duke it out with Abomination. Remember how he dealt with the Destroyer? Abomination has no counter to Thor's powers, and Thor is going to eventually use them. That's exactly why I said in my first post that Thor might get smacked around a bit, but he'll eventually win.
  • Never took any damage? Thor was perfectly fine after blasts from Iron Man and hits from Hulk.
Staff
#10 Posted by Nefarious (18760 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor should win.

#11 Posted by Erik (31663 posts) - - Show Bio

@Termy:

Avengers has been out for ages internationally and it came out domestically last weekend.

#12 Posted by Illuminatus (9495 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh dear..

#13 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@Termy:

Avengers has been out for ages internationally and it came out domestically last weekend.

lol

#14 Posted by claws (5061 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by spartan92 (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins - the Hulk beat Abomination in the 2008 movie and he was shown to be weaker than he was in the Avengers.

#16 Posted by BigCimmerian (7853 posts) - - Show Bio

In comics Abomination would get one shotted by Thor, movie versions Thor wins with some effort

#17 Posted by afternoondelight (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins. Abomination wasn't impressive in movie version

#18 Posted by fondofpacman (567 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian: Abomination is supposed to be stronger than Hulk in the comics, traditionally at least. And in that movie clip, Abomination is clearly stronger, Hulk wins by getting an adrenalin rush from his girlfriend dieing and then getting lucky when the one chain happens to wrap around abomination's neck while it's in the air.

The movie version and Abomination would take Thor.

#19 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2010 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik

@Termy:

Avengers has been out for ages internationally and it came out domestically last weekend.

@spartan92

Thor wins - the Hulk beat Abomination in the 2008 movie and he was shown to be weaker than he was in the Avengers.

You're saying hulk was weaker in avengers?
#20 Posted by Erik (31663 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanobomb1124 said:

@Erik

@Termy:

Avengers has been out for ages internationally and it came out domestically last weekend.

@spartan92

Thor wins - the Hulk beat Abomination in the 2008 movie and he was shown to be weaker than he was in the Avengers.

You're saying hulk was weaker in avengers?

How you came to the conclusion that I was saying that, I will never understand.

#21 Posted by BigCimmerian (7853 posts) - - Show Bio

@fondofpacman said:

@BigCimmerian: Abomination is supposed to be stronger than Hulk in the comics, traditionally at least. And in that movie clip, Abomination is clearly stronger, Hulk wins by getting an adrenalin rush from his girlfriend dieing and then getting lucky when the one chain happens to wrap around abomination's neck while it's in the air.

The movie version and Abomination would take Thor.

Abomination is stronger than normal Hulk, but when Hulk's rage start to increase his strength becomes superior

#22 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

mjolnir solos

#23 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6178 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@Termy:

  • Abomination eventually lost to Hulk. Emil had the edge most of the time, but he still lost. Honestly, not sure how you can say otherwise unless you turned off the movie before it ended.
  • You're assuming Thor will act like an idiot and just try to duke it out with Abomination. Remember how he dealt with the Destroyer? Abomination has no counter to Thor's powers, and Thor is going to eventually use them. That's exactly why I said in my first post that Thor might get smacked around a bit, but he'll eventually win.
  • Never took any damage? Thor was perfectly fine after blasts from Iron Man and hits from Hulk.

Can't remember ... did Thor soak a blast from the Destroyer or not?

#24 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6178 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanobomb1124 said:

@Erik

@Termy:

Avengers has been out for ages internationally and it came out domestically last weekend.

@spartan92

Thor wins - the Hulk beat Abomination in the 2008 movie and he was shown to be weaker than he was in the Avengers.

You're saying hulk was weaker in avengers?

Hulk was far stronger and more impressive in the Avengers is what is being said. So Thor holding his own against this version of Hulk is more impressive than Abomination getting beat by Norton's Hulk.

Thor, on the other hand, seemed slightly powered down in the Avengers. Which was a very smart creative choice as he would have stolen too much of the limelight from the rest of the team. There was no threat that Thor could not have probably solo'd should he have had to throughout the movie. Hard to balance that kind of power player in a team movie.

#25 Posted by spartan92 (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanobomb1124 said:

@Erik

@Termy:

Avengers has been out for ages internationally and it came out domestically last weekend.

@spartan92

Thor wins - the Hulk beat Abomination in the 2008 movie and he was shown to be weaker than he was in the Avengers.

You're saying hulk was weaker in avengers?

no im saying he wasnt that strong in his own movie.

#26 Posted by RoyalDivinity (3161 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor with ease.

#27 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

@afternoondelight said:

Thor wins. Abomination wasn't impressive in movie version

#28 Posted by Fortified_Hooligan (1975 posts) - - Show Bio

Easily Thor. His solo movie gives him rediculous speed and combat feats, as well as non-physical powers like flight, weather manipulation, which Abom has no way to handle. And frankly, Thor was just way more powerful. Abom was choked out by a big chain. I don't doubt that Thor could level him with Mjolnir, pick him up and make him tap with a rear naked choke just using his arms.

#29 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2010 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik

@thanobomb1124 said:

@Erik

@Termy:

Avengers has been out for ages internationally and it came out domestically last weekend.

@spartan92

Thor wins - the Hulk beat Abomination in the 2008 movie and he was shown to be weaker than he was in the Avengers.

You're saying hulk was weaker in avengers?

How you came to the conclusion that I was saying that, I will never understand.

Was responding to Spartan. Not you homeboy.
#30 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2010 posts) - - Show Bio
@spartan92

@thanobomb1124 said:

@Erik

@Termy:

Avengers has been out for ages internationally and it came out domestically last weekend.

@spartan92

Thor wins - the Hulk beat Abomination in the 2008 movie and he was shown to be weaker than he was in the Avengers.

You're saying hulk was weaker in avengers?

no im saying he wasnt that strong in his own movie.

Aggre
#31 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor could take him without abomination even landing a punch-he can fly...

#32 Posted by spacerodan (58 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor by your choice of:

A, Thunderstrike

B, Super Hammer strike/throw

C, Tornado

D, Straight Combat

E, Puts Mjolnir on Abomination so he can't move

F, All of the above

And agreed Hulk was stronger in Avengers then in his own movie

#33 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

In comics Abomination would get one shotted by Thor, movie versions Thor wins with some effort

#34 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@fondofpacman said:

@BigCimmerian: Abomination is supposed to be stronger than Hulk in the comics, traditionally at least. And in that movie clip, Abomination is clearly stronger, Hulk wins by getting an adrenalin rush from his girlfriend dieing and then getting lucky when the one chain happens to wrap around abomination's neck while it's in the air.

The movie version and Abomination would take Thor.

No.

m99

#35 Posted by TDK_1997 (14461 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor would get smacked a little bit but eventually he would win.

Online
#36 Posted by fondofpacman (567 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: Originally he was in the comics, and he def appears stronger in the movie.

#37 Posted by Killemall (18273 posts) - - Show Bio

@fondofpacman said:

@majestic99: Originally he was in the comics, and he def appears stronger in the movie.

Stronger to being with yes, hulk starts off a bit weaker, but hulk has pretty much always gotten the better of Abomination.

#38 Posted by logy5000 (5655 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

I'm just here to say: Thor>2008 Hulk>Abomination.

#39 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

Bump.

I'm just here to say: Thor>2008 Hulk>Abomination.

#40 Posted by logy5000 (5655 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@fondofpacman said:

@majestic99: Originally he was in the comics, and he def appears stronger in the movie.

Stronger to being with yes, hulk starts off a bit weaker, but hulk has pretty much always gotten the better of Abomination.

Do you mean to BEGIN with?

#41 Posted by Killemall (18273 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

@Killemall said:

@fondofpacman said:

@majestic99: Originally he was in the comics, and he def appears stronger in the movie.

Stronger to being with yes, hulk starts off a bit weaker, but hulk has pretty much always gotten the better of Abomination.

Do you mean to BEGIN with?

Oh yes thank you for the correction, i am notorious for typos :p

#42 Posted by logy5000 (5655 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Really? I've never noticed.

#43 Posted by Lvenger (18391 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's got way more versatility here and unlike his comic book counterpart seems to use his powers more. Besides, he was going toe to toe with Avengers Hulk who'd come on a way from 2008 Hulk who in turn managed to beat Abomination. Definitely Thor here.

Online
#44 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17594 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins.

He has shown more feats than Abomination and appears to be more powerful.

#45 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

#47 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16115 posts) - - Show Bio

What the Guy above means to say is, The reason for abomination to win is pretty much senseless. In other words, thor wins :p :p

Online
#48 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins, but Abomination beats him down a lot more than the comic version would (in theory)

#49 Posted by AthifEdge4Ever (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though this might be a good fight, Thor will eventually win. He can fly, he has mjolnir, super strength, durability and the will.

#50 Posted by Man-Of-Steel (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins.