THOR using his absolute full potential, Who could defeat him?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By ssejllenrad

Superman WOULD NOT defeat him.

Superman thoughtbot however.... Well Thor is using a plot device cheat code in Mjolnir, Supes should get a cheat code as well in cosmic armour! :D If not that give him the pre-crisis sword of Supes, or just a Kismet upgrade, or maybe his golden featless future self.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By XiiX

@BarelyAverage said:

@demifiend said:

@BarelyAverage said:

Thor. Magic. Supes.Speed.

Magic>Speed.

supes speed? hahahah obviously you dont know the others supes powers. by the way supes is stronger too.

@XiiX said:

@BarelyAverage: Nano-Second reaction speed+Strength sufficient to shatter a planet(at least)> Thor's ability to conjure a thought to cast his magic.

Superman may be stronger but not so much so that Thor couldn't hang. There are plenty of scans floating around to prove that. And nano-Second reaction time? Key word: Reaction time. Combat speed and travel speed are 2 different things. Nobody that is a Superman fan here doesn't seem to want to explain how Superman loses to bad guys who are his strength level but only seem to have peak or enhanced human speed?

The same reason Thor gets blitzed by Mongoose and has had his ass handed to him by the likes of Rulk/Hulk. Namely, plot-progression in the guise of low-balling. Wouldn't make for a very compelling story if Thor immediately took to the air and "stole someone's soul" or struck them with lightening, or Superman rained down +1,000 planet-shattering punches onto Mongul's face before he could finish a sentence.

And by "nano-second reaction time" I meant "capable of observing and subsequently reacting to a perceived thereat/stimuli in the alotted time of nano-seconds"(which Superman has proven capable of, I believe). But finally, as Buckshot put it above; "Why would having only one advantage not be enough if it allowed Superman to attack hundreds or thousands of times before Thor could do anything?".

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By RainEffect

Are we talking regular Thor? ThorBuster Iron Man could trade blows with King Thor, so he would give regular Thor a LOT to think about.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By jashro44

@MyronLee26 said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@Vance Astro said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

His fighting skill when depowered was impressive (Granted not on par with Daredevil and such) but it still was.

Thor's displays of fighting scale in terms of what he regularly shows are pathetic.I'm sure you could post SOME fighting skill displays for him but they are so few and far between.

His display of fighting skill he normally shows is pitiful, I agree.

The fighting skills he displayed when he fought random thugs when depowered was impressive. Not as good as Daredevil's as I mentioned earlier.

Thats what im saying. Thousand of years of battle and combat experience, and Thor fights the way he does? He should be a beast in battle, but loses to people that he shouldnt.

Because thor is doing the best he can but its not good enough to beat the people he loses to. Writers don't make him out to be unbeatable because truth be told thor isn't not even close. He has limits. What is shown consistently>what thor should be able to do in theory. His skill feats do not put him on captain america level because he isn't nearly that skilled, not even by a long shot.

People who should be able to beat him imo are zoom, darksied, thanos, silver surfer, and flash.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By XiiX

@RainEffect: Thor at regular power-levels, but not fooling around(basically bloodlusted and fighting intelligently).

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#106  Edited By RainEffect
@XiiX said:

@RainEffect: Thor at regular power-levels, but not fooling around(basically bloodlusted and fighting intelligently).

Yeah. I like to pick fighters who are more on their level. ThorBuster Iron Man barely lost to King Thor - he gave him absolute hell in their fight. If he went up against normal Thor, even fully powered and such, I think he could take him.
alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By alcoholbob

Golden Age Superman :D

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#108  Edited By MrDirector786

@alcoholbob said:

Golden Age Superman :D

I agree completely. :P

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#109  Edited By SC  Moderator

Morrisons's and JMS's Superman.  

Bendis any character.  

Starlin's Thanos.  

Characters potential to me, is basically what writers want. Not so much fans limited understanding of comics and understanding and applying consistency. Like Morrison and JMS probably have enough cred and pull with writers that if they disagreed with Stan Lee and though Superman should win, then... contrast this with say Dan Jurgen's and PAD who think otherwise? Greg Pak would probably think Hulk should, but not sure if Greg Pak has that kind of pull with other writers. Starlin might not either, but he was like really really invested in his characters lol - where as Bendis has the pull, he just doesn't really care as long as he sells.  

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110  Edited By Killemall
@venomoushatred1001 said:

@demifiend said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

Superman

(Facepalm) Do you really want to start a flame war?

Anyway, Dormammu.

superman and hulk!

-___-

hahahahahaha 
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Killemall
@MyronLee26 said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

When did Superman display the ability to become intangible?

I have seen a scan of Supergirl going intangible by vibration very fast, just like flashes tend to do. Havent seen superman do it though, but i suppose he could use the same thing.
Avatar image for capitolpunishment
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall said:

@MyronLee26 said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

I have seen a scan of Supergirl going intangible by vibration very fast, just like flashes tend to do. Havent seen superman do it though, but i suppose he could use the same thing. 

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Killemall
@CapitolPunishment said:
@Killemall said:

@MyronLee26 said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

Ok i am lost, which of the scan is him going intangible???
sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By sandiego008
Cosmic spiderman
Cosmic spiderman
Avatar image for capitolpunishment
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall

Well Doomsdays punch going straight through his face and the other he is invisible (not quite the same but uses the same method of intangibility you were referencing), both by vibrating his body very fast, a similar way the Flash passes through solid objects and what you were referencing Supergirl doing. 

Personally I do not see that or what Supergirl did or what the Flash does as intangibility, more like phasing through things but to me its not true intangibility like the Martian has.
Kuzman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Kuzman123

@Buckshot said:

@Kuzman123 said:

Superman and Thor,lets see now.

Strength-this is at least a tie.One of supermans best feats where pulling the earth........ PULLING not picking it up.I can push or pull a one ton car,but there is no way i can lift it(I can bench press only 100 kg).Thors best feats wore lifting the serpent and lets say world engine.

Speed-clear advantage for superman (but this is no clear win for him since its only one advantage)

Durability-TIE

Fighting skill-Thor.Nuff said on that one.

Overall power-Thor (God blast,anti force,energy manipulation........)

In most cases im with thor just because he is more powerful.

Why would having only one advantage not be enough if it allowed Superman to attack hundreds or thousands of times before Thor could do anything? And Thor's fighting skill is pathetic. Nuff said on that one.

Because speed is an advantage for sups and mjolnir is an advantage for thor.If thor thinks more, dosent brawl and uses the hammer as a shield more then an offensive wepon he can most likely beat superman.

deathlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By deathlife

Can we have a Thor thread where Superman does not get thrown in?? It simply bring up endless arguments that hold down the thread.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Killemall
@deathlife said:

Can we have a Thor thread where Superman does not get thrown in?? It simply bring up endless arguments that hold down the thread.

hahahaha :) this is so true.
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@deathlife said:

So much this.

Quntumking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Quntumking

SPECTRA , ODIN ,SUPERMAN ,ZEUS ,BEYONDER(pre-retcon) ,THANOS , DARKSEID , GALACTUS , ANTIMONITOR ,ONSLAUHT , DOCTOR STRANGE , PHOENIX , X- MEN , FANTASTIC FOUR ,DR FATE , SHAZAM , DR DOOM (with cosmic cube or infinity gauntlet) , GLC , WORLD WAR HULK , MEPHISTO , ADAM WARLOCK( WITH infinity gauntlet) , CYTTORAK ,SPAWN (full power), MONARCH , SILVER SURFER/Capt. universe , SUPERBOY PRIME , not saying that anyone here would beat THOR at full power merely that they could.

Quntumking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Quntumking

GOKU (full power).

chriconz123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By chriconz123

@Quntumking said:

GOKU (full power).

No.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Killemall
@chriconz123 said:

@Quntumking said:

GOKU (full power).

No.

Why? but its over 9000 :p 
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Quntumking said:

FANTASTIC FOUR

No way in hell.

X- MEN ,

Depends on the members.

SUPERMAN

REALLY?!?!?

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Quntumking said:

FANTASTIC FOUR

No way in hell.

X- MEN ,

Depends on the members.

SUPERMAN

REALLY?!?!?

I'd think Invisible Woman at the full potential of her powers could beat him, if only she'd stop worrying about daycare and etc - it would be more even if she became a Herald. I'd only think Phoenix/Jean of the X-Men could beat a full-powered Thor - he's already proven that his powers are on an entirely higher level than Storms' and she is one of their heaviest hitters (Enchantress waved a hand and overpowered Storm as well), Wolverine/Colossus/Shadowcat/physical members are useless here, Cyclops full powered blast doesn't seem to compare with other attacks Thor has dealt with, Professor X had his telepathy ignored by the Enchantress while she effortlessly cancelled it out and told him their minds were too different from humans which cancels out Emma's chances, etc. Once those members are out, it's hard to think of any X-Man or X-Woman that would stand a chance against a real god. The Adversary had them on the ropes, and he was a demon.

I'd think Thanos, Phoenix Force and similar cosmic entities could do the job, though. And Classic Dr. Strange.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By buttersdaman000

Why is that World Serpent feat being brought up as a credible strength feat? 

Kuzman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Kuzman123

@buttersdaman000 said:

It weights at least half of earth or is as heavy as the earth.And the most important thing is he lifted it,Superman pulled the earth.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By TifaLockhart

@buttersdaman000: Thanks again for turning this thread into another ridiculous "Thor vs Superman" argument.

I want to give you a long overdue thank you for seriously derailing my old mano a mano thread with Hulk vs. Thor with Mjolnir.

And if Demifiend's opinion doesn't count because she hates Thor, then your opinion doesn't count on Lobo. Hater.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

Because that thing was MASSIVE and weighed at least half the planet.

@Quntumking said:

GOKU (full power).

No.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By buttersdaman000
@Kuzman123 said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

It weights at least half of earth or is as heavy as the earth.And the most important thing is he lifted it,Superman pulled the earth.

How do you know? I can just as easily say Thor did all that because it was written to be, right? Just like when Thor got killed in Fear Itself..... 
So now are you saying that pulling the earth isnt a good strength feat?
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

@buttersdaman000: Thanks again for turning this thread into another ridiculous "Thor vs Superman" argument.

I want to give you a long overdue thank you for seriously derailing my old mano a mano thread with Hulk vs. Thor with Mjolnir.

And if Demifiend's opinion doesn't count because she hates Thor, then your opinion doesn't count on Lobo. Hater.

1. I don't hate Lobo.

2. What does that have to do with the thread?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#132  Edited By Saren

@buttersdaman000 said:

@Quntumking said:

GOKU (full power).

No.

Says who? There's no proof of that.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By buttersdaman000

@buttersdaman000 said:

@Quntumking said:

GOKU (full power).

No.

The earth is MASSIVE and weighs at least as much as.....the earth.
Boobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Boobster

I knew this would get a ton of same posts.

Kuzman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Kuzman123

@buttersdaman000 said:

@Kuzman123 said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

How do you know? I can just as easily say Thor did all that because it was written to be, right? Just like when Thor got killed in Fear Itself..... So now are you saying that pulling the earth isnt a good strength feat?

I didnt say it isnt, but its easier to pull or push something massive then lifting it,thor lifted the serpent.And superman actually had help pulling the earth,thor didnt.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By buttersdaman000
@Kuzman123:  
Thor lifted something of unknown mass......something that, given the magical nature of it,was probably not wholly a strength feat... 
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CitizenBane: Thats what Punkmastaflex told me. And he is kinda a Thor expert.

@buttersdaman000: Oookay?

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By buttersdaman000

And can I see a scan of it also?

Kuzman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Kuzman123

@buttersdaman000 said:

@Kuzman123: Thor lifted something of unknown mass......something that, given the magical nature of it,was probably not wholly a strength feat...

It was practically a huge snake :D nothing else......

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By TifaLockhart

@venomoushatred1001: It's hypocritical. Don't complain about thread derailment if you yourself are a thread-derailer. You ruined my thread so badly I asked Static to lock it.

As for you not hating Lobo, I don't buy that for a second. Demifiend's opinion is as valid as yours, by the way.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

@Kuzman123: Thor lifted something of unknown mass......something that, given the magical nature of it,was probably not wholly a strength feat...

I'm pretty sure lifting a giant Snake that was large enough to curl around the earth multiple times and crush it in its grip is a strength feat.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By buttersdaman000
@Kuzman123 said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

It was practically a huge snake :D nothing else......

Do you have a scan? I would just like to see it....and make sure its not what I think it is....
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By buttersdaman000

@buttersdaman000 said:

I'm pretty sure lifting a giant Snake that was large enough to curl around the earth multiple times and crush it in its grip is a strength feat.

Scan?
Kuzman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Kuzman123

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: She downplays thor feats,just like almost any superman fan ive met.While I try to use logic more to superman feats,people just downgrade thor and say lifting the serpent is nothing......This is not true.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By TifaLockhart

@buttersdaman000: He lifted it all when he went fishing. He also lifted at least part of it in the Utgard issue.

From what I saw, it's long but thin. It does circle the planet twice and bite its own tail, but there have been many posts speculating how much it weighs, and how much of it Thor physically lifted.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

@venomoushatred1001: It's hypocritical. Don't complain about thread derailment if you yourself are a thread-derailer. You ruined my thread so badly I asked Static to lock it.

As for you not hating Lobo, I don't buy that for a second. Demifiend's opinion is as valid as yours, by the way.

1. It's not hypocritical. I don't base my opinion on hate.

2. How have i derailed THIS thread?

3. He loked your thread? Couldn't you have just deleted it?

4. I personally don't care if you don't buy it or not.

5. Not if her opinion is based on disdain for a character, it doesn't.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By buttersdaman000
@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia:  
Is it that scan from like 50 years ago?
Kuzman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Kuzman123

@buttersdaman000: You never saw thor lifting the serpent?il post a scan as soon as I can.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By TifaLockhart

@venomoushatred1001:

1. It is. The second part of my post is independent of my top part of my post.

2. You didn't derail this thread. But you derailed my thread as I said earlier.

3. I could've if I wasn't new to this type of board.

4. Likewise.

5. You do know what an opinion is, right?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Fully fed Galactus. Thanos. Zeus or Odin wearing the destroyer armor, mephisto (in his realm) Living Tribunal, Spectre, Dc's Ares, TOA.