THOR using his absolute full potential, Who could defeat him?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By buttersdaman000
@MyronLee26 said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

@comicdude23: @MyronLee26: No he does. Everybody on here is such a stickler for scans, feats, and proof yet its always on set bias. Superman has a scan that proves he has nano second reaction time. Thor has.....none. So until he catches up, he loses. Now im not saying OF or Rune King Thor loses. Alls im saying is that Regular Thor, fighting at full potential still gets beat by Regular Superman fighting at full potential.

So how do you explain how Superman gest defeated by guys that are nowhere near as fast as he is? Plus Thor has defeated speedsters before, shown, proven and claimed.

Its not saying that Supes doesnt have an advantage speed and he does, but its gonna take ALOT more than that to win the fight.

Comics 
But in the battle forums we use each character to their best potential. So on the forums Superman is a Nanosecond fast, planet crushing brick with a host of other powers. 
What speedsters has Thor beaten that stack up to Superman......that were also going all out? Quicksilver??
MyronLee26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By MyronLee26

@buttersdaman000 said:

@MyronLee26 said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

@comicdude23: @MyronLee26: No he does. Everybody on here is such a stickler for scans, feats, and proof yet its always on set bias. Superman has a scan that proves he has nano second reaction time. Thor has.....none. So until he catches up, he loses. Now im not saying OF or Rune King Thor loses. Alls im saying is that Regular Thor, fighting at full potential still gets beat by Regular Superman fighting at full potential.

So how do you explain how Superman gest defeated by guys that are nowhere near as fast as he is? Plus Thor has defeated speedsters before, shown, proven and claimed.

Its not saying that Supes doesnt have an advantage speed and he does, but its gonna take ALOT more than that to win the fight.

Comics But in the battle forums we use each character to their best potential. So on the forums Superman is a Nanosecond fast, planet crushing brick with a host of other powers. What speedsters has Thor beaten that stack up to Superman......that were also going all out? Quicksilver??

Quicksilver was one of them, Hermes was another one, Zefra and Juvan created by the High Evolutionary were too others. And yeah, there not as fast as Superman, But Thor claims that he has fought speedsters faster than Quicksilver, and Quicksilver can reach top speed (documented) of multiple MACH, but its never stated how fast the ones that Thor fought before were going.

@pooty said:

@Boobster: @SlimJ87D: @MyronLee26: @buttersdaman000: Grandmaster stole Deaths power and played a game with heroes where he made 5 bombs that would destroy 1/5 of the universe. Thor found his bomb. Created a vortex around it and killed himself in the process.

when was that? Scans?

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

And the Flame war begins.

Boobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Boobster

@pooty said:

@Boobster: @SlimJ87D: @MyronLee26: @buttersdaman000: Grandmaster stole Deaths power and played a game with heroes where he made 5 bombs that would destroy 1/5 of the universe. Thor found his bomb. Created a vortex around it and killed himself in the process.

Haha.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By buttersdaman000
@venomoushatred1001 said:
And the Flame war begins.
Doesnt have to be ;)
BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By BarelyAverage

Thor. Magic. Supes.Speed.

Magic>Speed.

demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By demifiend
@BarelyAverage said:

Magic>Speed.

supes speed? hahahah obviously you dont know the others supes powers. 

by the way supes is stronger too.
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By MrDirector786

Darkseid, Silver Surfer, Odin, and Zoom are a few that come to mind.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By XiiX

@BarelyAverage: Nano-Second reaction speed+Strength sufficient to shatter a planet(at least)> Thor's ability to conjure a thought to cast his magic.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By buttersdaman000
@MyronLee26:   
Hmm well, I know for sure that Quicksilver isnt in Supermans speed league 
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#61  Edited By ReVamp

@buttersdaman000 said:

Superman
MyronLee26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By MyronLee26

@buttersdaman000 said:

@MyronLee26: Hmm well, I know for sure that Quicksilver isnt in Supermans speed league

Ive stated that myself in my last post.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@XiiX said:

@BarelyAverage: Nano-Second reaction speed+Strength sufficient to shatter a planet(at least)> Thor's ability to conjure a thought to cast his magic.

Thor doesn't need to "cast" magic to do sufficient damage to Superman.A blow from Mjolnir will do.
XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By XiiX

@Vance Astro: I know. But the guy I was responding to specifically mentioned magic, so I went with it.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@XiiX said:

@Vance Astro: I know. But the guy I was responding to specifically mentioned magic, so I went with it.

Mjolnir is a magical object.He doesn't need to "cast" magic to use a magical effect against Superman.Have you seen Superman's fights with Wonder Woman? She's never casted any spells but she has used magic against him.
XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By XiiX

@Vance Astro: Yeah. But he does at the very least need to hit him, which would be a.....challenge(given Superman's speed and noted reactionary timing).

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ReVamp said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

Superman

No.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ReVamp

@ReVamp said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

Superman

No.

Yes. Superman is too quick. Unless we're making this Full Potential Thor vs Regular Superman, which is stupid.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#69  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

One Above All umm maybe Odin if he was at like full god mode an probably All Father Herc or w.e he was called

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ReVamp said:

@ReVamp said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

Superman

No.

Yes. Superman is too quick. Unless we're making this Full Potential Thor vs Regular Superman, which is stupid.

Full potential Thor could go intangible and hit him with a God blast.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ReVamp

@ReVamp said:

@ReVamp said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

Superman

No.

Full potential Thor could go intangible and hit him with a God blast.

Not unless God-blast is 360 degrees.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Thanks again for turning this thread into another ridiculous "Thor vs Superman" argument.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By XiiX

@venomoushatred1001: Basically the crux of those saying Superman could(emphasis on "COULD") win, is because he's capable of mounting an offense before Thor can pass a thought.

demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By demifiend

@buttersdaman000: Thanks again for turning this thread into another ridiculous "Thor vs Superman" argument.

still supes takes this. thor cant beat him
MyronLee26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By MyronLee26

@demifiend said:

Other than Speed, what clear cut advantage does Superman have over Thor? Thats absolutely definite

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MyronLee26: Please ignore Demifiend. She is a Thor hater making her opinion meaningless.

MyronLee26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By MyronLee26

@MyronLee26: Please ignore Demifiend. She is a Thor hater making her opinion meaningless.

You and Demifiend going back and forth on here is Hilarious.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By spiderbuck1

@buttersdaman000 said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

@venomoushatred1001: Superman is faster

Thor is more versatle

So? The old "Jack of all trades" comes to mind when I think of Thor.. Thor shares many of Supermans base powers (Super durability, strength, speed) but he is not on Superman's level in any of the them

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Seeeriously.

On topic, Annihilation Silver Surfer could get the win.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By jashro44

silver surfer, zoom, thanos, martian manhunter, flash, mr.majestic and darksied.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By spiderbuck1

@TheCheeseStabber said:

One Above All umm maybe Odin if he was at like full god mode an probably All Father Herc or w.e he was called

Chaos War Herc is so far beyond any incarnation of Thor ever that he just does not belong in a topic.

DCHERO15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By DCHERO15

@MyronLee26 said:

@demifiend said:

Other than Speed, what clear cut advantage does Superman have over Thor? Thats absolutely definite

When you have any DC character at full potential, no morals, alot of your worst fears come to play. First of all, Superman would speed-blitz Thor before he could blink, and beat him down constantly. Thor would hit him hard, I'll be honest, but when you have super speed, there is no other advantage you really need.

MyronLee26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By MyronLee26

@spiderbuck said:

@TheCheeseStabber said:

Chaos War Herc is so far beyond any incarnation of Thor ever that he just does not belong in a topic.

I mean the normal / more consistent version of other characters, not amped up ones. But yeah, Chaos War Hercules would wreck Thor.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DCHERO15 said:

@MyronLee26 said:

@demifiend said:

When you have any DC character at full potential, no morals, alot of your worst fears come to play. First of all, Superman would speed-blitz Thor before he could blink, and beat him down constantly. Thor would hit him hard, I'll be honest, but when you have super speed, there is no other advantage you really need.

Riiight.

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By tron_bonne

8th Day JUGGERNAUT!!!

Kuzman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Kuzman123

Superman and Thor,lets see now.

Strength-this is at least a tie.One of supermans best feats where pulling the earth........ PULLING not picking it up.I can push or pull a one ton car,but there is no way i can lift it(I can bench press only 100 kg).Thors best feats wore lifting the serpent and lets say world engine.

Speed-clear advantage for superman (but this is no clear win for him since its only one advantage)

Durability-TIE

Fighting skill-Thor.Nuff said on that one.

Overall power-Thor (God blast,anti force,energy manipulation........)

In most cases im with thor just because he is more powerful.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#86  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@MyronLee26 said:

I think most comic fans familiar with Thor can come to the obvious conclusion that he's been seriously downplayed for the majority of his comic book longevity. With that said, given all his powers and abilities used to their full potential, which superhero(s) or villains do you think can bring him down?

If the majority of his comic book history shows one thing, why is that stuff Thor being "downplayed" instead of the stuff in the minority being Thor getting hyped up?

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By RoyalDivinity

Thor is a dues ex machina character whom is written to whatever the plot needs him to be. Whether it be fodder for the sake of plot or for fighting beings well outside herald level range.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#88  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Kuzman123 said:

Strength-this is at least a tie.One of supermans best feats where pulling the earth........ PULLING not picking it up.I can push or pull a one ton car,but there is no way i can lift it(I can bench press only 100 kg).Thors best feats wore lifting the serpent and lets say world engine.

Speed-clear advantage for superman (but this is no clear win for him since its only one advantage)

Durability-TIE

Why would having only one advantage not be enough if it allowed Superman to attack hundreds or thousands of times before Thor could do anything? And Thor's fighting skill is pathetic. Nuff said on that one.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Buckshot said:

And Thor's fighting skill is pathetic.

This needs to be said more. People dwell on experience so much when in reality it means little to nothing most times. The quality of training always trumps "time spent" of training\fighting. 
RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@Vance Astro said:

@Buckshot said:

And Thor's fighting skill is pathetic.

This needs to be said more. People dwell on experience so much when in reality it means little to nothing most times. The quality of training always trumps "time spent" of training\fighting.

His fighting skill when depowered was impressive (Granted not on par with Daredevil and such) but it still was. In terms of fighting skill, Thor exceeds Superman when depowered but in their current states, Superman easily. Fighting skill simply means the skill of your fighting including powers. Superman vastly exceeds current Thor in this case. He simply knows how to battle by using his powers to its best potential whereas Thor... tanks and strikes back. It really takes no skills to do that.

I agree on the experience bit. At least towards herald level beings.

MyronLee26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By MyronLee26

@Kuzman123 said:

Durability-TIE

Dont forget that Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman were helping him also. And he seemed to be struggling the most out of the three, if my memory serves me correctly.

@Buckshot said:

@MyronLee26 said:

I think most comic fans familiar with Thor can come to the obvious conclusion that he's been seriously downplayed for the majority of his comic book longevity. With that said, given all his powers and abilities used to their full potential, which superhero(s) or villains do you think can bring him down?

If the majority of his comic book history shows one thing, why is that stuff Thor being "downplayed" instead of the stuff in the minority being Thor getting hyped up?

Because given Thor's powers, abilities, and all the things he can do with Mjolnir, MOST of the fights thats he's lost shouldve NEVER have happen. Im talking about on paper if you look at his stats.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@PunkMastaFlex said:

His fighting skill when depowered was impressive (Granted not on par with Daredevil and such) but it still was. 

Thor's displays of fighting scale in terms of what he regularly shows are pathetic.I'm sure you could post SOME fighting skill displays for him but they are so few and far between.
BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By BarelyAverage

@demifiend said:

@BarelyAverage said:

Magic>Speed.

supes speed? hahahah obviously you dont know the others supes powers. by the way supes is stronger too.

@XiiX said:

Superman may be stronger but not so much so that Thor couldn't hang. There are plenty of scans floating around to prove that. And nano-Second reaction time? Key word: Reaction time. Combat speed and travel speed are 2 different things. Nobody that is a Superman fan here doesn't seem to want to explain how Superman loses to bad guys who are his strength level but only seem to have peak or enhanced human speed?

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BarelyAverage said:

@demifiend said:

@BarelyAverage said:

Magic>Speed.

supes speed? hahahah obviously you dont know the others supes powers. by the way supes is stronger too.

@XiiX said:

Superman may be stronger but not so much so that Thor couldn't hang. There are plenty of scans floating around to prove that. And nano-Second reaction time? Key word: Reaction time. Combat speed and travel speed are 2 different things. Nobody that is a Superman fan here doesn't seem to want to explain how Superman loses to bad guys who are his strength level but only seem to have peak or enhanced human speed?

Superman is not stronger than Thor at all.

DCHERO15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By DCHERO15

@BarelyAverage said:

@demifiend said:

@BarelyAverage said:

Magic>Speed.

@XiiX said:

Equal is a better word.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DCHERO15 said:

@BarelyAverage said:

@demifiend said:

@BarelyAverage said:

Magic>Speed.

@XiiX said:

Equal is a better word.

True.

MyronLee26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By MyronLee26

@DCHERO15 said:

@BarelyAverage said:

@demifiend said:

@BarelyAverage said:

Magic>Speed.

@XiiX said:

Equal is a better word.

Exactly.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@Vance Astro said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

His fighting skill when depowered was impressive (Granted not on par with Daredevil and such) but it still was.

Thor's displays of fighting scale in terms of what he regularly shows are pathetic.I'm sure you could post SOME fighting skill displays for him but they are so few and far between.

His display of fighting skill he normally shows is pitiful, I agree.

The fighting skills he displayed when he fought random thugs when depowered was impressive. Not as good as Daredevil's as I mentioned earlier.

MyronLee26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By MyronLee26

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@Vance Astro said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

His display of fighting skill he normally shows is pitiful, I agree.

The fighting skills he displayed when he fought random thugs when depowered was impressive. Not as good as Daredevil's as I mentioned earlier.

Thats what im saying. Thousand of years of battle and combat experience, and Thor fights the way he does? He should be a beast in battle, but loses to people that he shouldnt.

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By tron_bonne

100th Post Juggernaut!!