Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 46

@darlur said:

@reaverlation: His reality manipulation seems to be connected to the emotional spectrum, this means that it's more of an illusion than actual reality. Although it seems real and although you can get hurt by what he puts in your head, I doubt it'd work on higher beings such as the Silver Surfer. Volthoom isn't past herald level, Surfer would crush him.

This gauntlet is a stomp.

QFT. this.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@cosmicallyaware1: lol. Wrong. Voltjooms constructs were real. Didnt you read the issues???

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@demonknights said:

@cosmicallyaware1: lol. Wrong. Voltjooms constructs were real. Didnt you read the issues???

yeah, read every one, big GL fan.

let me quote something here straight from the GL wiki on Volthoom:

Wrath of The First Lantern

In his weakened state, Volthoom began entering into the minds and memories of the various beings present on Oa with the intention of examining their lives. This was with the intention of seeing how their life choices had changed them and altering events in order to see them suffer. Among those that suffered these invasive processes were Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, John Stewart, Carol Ferris, Hal Jordan and Atrocitus. In addition, once freed, the First Lantern began torturing the Guardians of the Universe and revealed his ties to them when he showed that he was the one responsible for tapping into the Emotional Spectrum. To grow in power, he needed to feed on great sources of emotional energy which he gained first from the destruction of Korugar and later by claiming the Great Heart on Maltus. With his powers at their height, Volthoom then reclaims the First Ring that Ganthet had hidden within him. With the intent of using the Central Power Battery as a conduit he would be able to alter the fabric of reality and conquer all of creation. However, he faced the combined might of all the warriors from the Emotional Spectrum. These included the vengeful Sinestro who was angry over the destruction of his homeworld and bonded with the Parallax Entity. In addition, the recently deceased Hal Jordan returned as a Black Lantern and awoke Nekron from his prison in the Dead Zone. He utilized the embodiment of death to weaken Volthoom by separating him from the Emotional Spectrum which ultimately led to his defeat

let me point out a few things here:

• to be as powerful as others are claiming here Volthoom had to rely on / tap into other sources such as the central power battery. He was not universal scale on his own powerset.
  • he needed emotional energy to fuel him in the first place, like a sort of Vampire.
  • Sinestro as Parralax was nowhere near as powerful as when Hal weilded him in Zero Hour, so that really isn't that substantial.

Now let me ask in return, how educated are people here on Surfer and Thor? let me show some of those high end feats for Thor first that I mentioned earlier (god like / abstract level harming blasts)

harming the likes of beings such as Glory, Chaos King, and Demogorge.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Coamicallyaware1 then you must have missed the part where its not fake, its real. Hes a reality warper.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Sy8000

Round 1: Justice League International was captain atom a part of this? Because killemall thinks new 52 captain atom is potentially thanos level.

Round 2: Crime Syndicate including the villains working for them Awful lot of villains, but considering this is DSS, they win. Ultraman and deathstorm might cause trouble.

Round 3: Justice League of America MMH tp's all but surfer, then surfer proceeds to solo the team.

Round 4: Justice League DSS and surfer are enough trouble on their own.

Round 5: Justice League Dark The only offensive power JLD has is zatanna, who is no where near her pre-new 52 version, and deadman is countered easily

Round 6: Relic He was only beating the corps because of tech designed to do so.

Round 7: Volthoom Stomps

Round 8: Blight IDK what he's capable of.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@Coamicallyaware1 then you must have missed the part where its not fake, its real. Hes a reality warper.

i never said it was fake. I'm saying that I agreed that a vast majority of the mindf#!ks he did on the GL's was illusionary. I know he's a reality warper. Read what I posted above bud. I agree that Volthoom is powerful, I just say that the team is being seriously underrated here.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: Volthoom was drained because of the guardians. That's the only reason he started absorbing emotional energy. He wasn't at standard power levels until green lantern 20. I assume you know he shrugged off a blast from every lantern in the universe, amplified by mogo.

Yes it's part of thors character to hurt beings vastly more powerful than him, but not to seriously injure them or put them down. The real question is: can Odin beat volthoom?

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@cosmicallyaware1: Volthoom was drained because of the guardians. That's the only reason he started absorbing emotional energy. He wasn't at standard power levels until green lantern 20. I assume you know he shrugged off a blast from every lantern in the universe, amplified by mogo.

Yes it's part of thors character to hurt beings vastly more powerful than him, but not to seriously injure them or put them down. The real question is: can Odin beat volthoom?

• yes Volthoom shrugged off the blast(s) as it was connected energy from the emotional spectrum which he has connection to. Power Cosmic and Asgardian fury would totally be another matter
  • It would be in character for Thor if the situation called for it, he is a warrior through and through. He kills if need be without hesitation, especially in a case such a sthis.
  • Can Odin beat Volthoom? ooooooh, that would be a great thread!!! it's arguable. probably.
Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• yes Volthoom shrugged off the blast(s) as it was connected energy from the emotional spectrum which he has connection to. Power Cosmic and Asgardian fury would totally be another matter

The blast visibly hurt him, and it was never implied he could directly absorb emotional energy from rings, especially if it's directed at him. Do you really think thor and surfer have more firepower than all seven corps?

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By DemonKnights

@highaccuser: 1. no, no captain atom on the JLI.

2.The CS including villains working for them includes ultra man, johnny quick who can open time vortexes and well is super fast,power ring, super woman, parasite, despero, cheetah, grodd. Just to name a few.

3. Justice League Dark actually isnt just zatanna. They have constantine, phantom stranger, zauriel the angel, swamp thing, deaman, nightmare nurse, frankenstein, and i dont know if xanadu is in it right now.

4.blight was beating phantom stranger, and the angel zauriel which us much more powerful than the steanger, and a few others, easily.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: 1. no, no captain atom on the JLI.

Then JLI loses.

2.The CS including villains working for them includes ultra man, johnny quick who can open time vortexes and well is super fast,power ring, super woman, parasite, despero, cheetah, grodd. Just to name a few.

Not enough of them have feats on the level of their pre-new 52 versions, especially despero. Death seed sentry manhndled thor with ease.

3. Justice League Dark actually isnt just zatanna. They have constantine, phantom stranger, zauriel the angel, swamp thing, deaman, nightmare nurse, frankenstein, and i dont know if xanadu is in it right now.

I know its not just zatanna, but I don't know how many feats the others have. Constatine isn't about straight up fighting, phantom stranger couldn't seem to protect himself from wonder woman, and frankeistein couldn't get past shields that superman ignored. I don't know much about zauriel, nightmare nurse, or swamp things power levels.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Highaccuser oh no doubt. The jli get wrecked. Only big guns are guy gardner, omac. How do marvel team beat deathstorm who can unravel dna and johnny quick whis is so fast he can open time vortexes, ultraman who moves moons easily and the rest. Phantom stranger is on spectre level since their fight was even. Zauriel is more piwerfuk than bith of them. As for swamo thing youd have to ask someone else

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demonknights: Deathstorm can only manipulate altered genetics like the rouges. We don't know it will work on thor or surfer. Johnny quick opened a vortex by "tugging" on kid flash, rather than by his own power. I'm not yet certain how ultramans powers compare to other superman level beings, but DSS should take him with his insane amps. Does new 52 spectre have any feats.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By primebonnick

to be honest i can the the Justice League and Justice League Dark stopping them but it won't be easy, especially depending on which sentry we are dealing with.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1 said:

The blast visibly hurt him, and it was never implied he could directly absorb emotional energy from rings, especially if it's directed at him. Do you really think thor and surfer have more firepower than all seven corps?

Not saying that thor and surfer have more firepower than seven corps, that is silly. But am saying that their energy output is vastly different, and extraordinarily potent.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: Doesn't matter how different or powerful it is, vothoom can tank it easy.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: Doesn't matter how different or powerful it is, vothoom can tank it easy.

Tank it......possibly. easily? Not so much. Plus the addition of sentry (death seed or void, doesn't matter) and hyperion? Even more doubtful on easily. Then thats not even taking into account the other varied abilities the thunder god and herald bring into the equation.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

Tank it......possibly. easily? Not so much. Plus the addition of sentry (death seed or void, doesn't matter) and hyperion? Even more doubtful on easily. Then thats not even taking into account the other varied abilities the thunder god and herald bring into the equation.

Even the void doesn't have feats to put him on volthooms level. Variety can be very useful, but we're talking about someone with vastly superior power levels to easily overcome this disadvantage. Hyperion is the one I see as the smallest threat(if high heralds can even be called threats to volthoom). The team is powerful, but badly outclassed in this instance.

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard about Vothoom...If its true,how does the team gets past him..??

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do they get passed the justice league dark? Zatanna, constantine, phantom stranger, nightmare nurse, swamp thing, zauriel, etc

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1 said:

@highaccuser said:

Even the void doesn't have feats to put him on volthooms level. Variety can be very useful, but we're talking about someone with vastly superior power levels to easily overcome this disadvantage. Hyperion is the one I see as the smallest threat(if high heralds can even be called threats to volthoom). The team is powerful, but badly outclassed in this instance.

In all actuality probably right......but man it would be legendary for sure

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demonknights said:

How do they get passed the justice league dark? Zatanna, constantine, phantom stranger, nightmare nurse, swamp thing, zauriel, etc

I don't think Zauriel is a regular member, I've read some of the arc and he is there to support the partial lineup.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx: hea been theres for lije 3 or 4 months, and ive seen him in i think.covers for upcom8ng issues,. So idk

God_of_Wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at Surfer beating Volthoom!

Even though it's a powerful team, they get stomped!

Stops at Volthoom!

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gabranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Gabranth

No way they pass Volthoom.

No Caption Provided

Let me throw this out there: Can they really pass the Crime Syndicate??? It took a Sinestro fueled by Parallax to kill Power Ring who's ring has the power of Volthoom himself.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably stops at 5, def stops at 7

reaverlation