#101 Posted by eternityx (2819 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he can beat everyone except the Flashes. IMO Flashes > Superman

#102 Posted by SheenLantern (6910 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: Do I really need to explain to you why the reasoning 'Thor beats Flash because he's stronger than him' doesn't work?

#103 Posted by DarkRaiden (8292 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: Do I really need to explain to you why the reasoning 'Thor beats Flash because he's stronger than him' doesn't work?

Do I need to keep explaining the "Thor's hit people as fast as Flash before so he can hit him once and oneshot him" point?

#104 Posted by SheenLantern (6910 posts) - - Show Bio

Do I need to keep explaining the "Thor's hit people as fast as Flash before so he can hit him once and oneshot him" point?

Kinda impossible. Since there's nobody in the Marvel Universe with combat speed even comparable to The Flash.

#105 Posted by DarkRaiden (8292 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden said:

Kinda impossible. Since there's nobody in the Marvel Universe with combat speed even comparable to The Flash.

Surfer, Loki, Sentry, Gladiator. Yeah they're all at least FTL if not faster.

#106 Posted by SheenLantern (6910 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: Don't make me laugh, Surfer and Loki are no faster than humans in combat (Inb4 you post a travel speed scan of Surfer). And even if Sentry and Gladiator are FTL (I wouldn't know, I know nothing about them, would appreciate some scans) Flash makes FTL people look like snails on a daily basis.

#107 Posted by DarkRaiden (8292 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: Don't make me laugh, Surfer and Loki are no faster than humans in combat (Inb4 you post a travel speed scan of Surfer). And even if Sentry and Gladiator are FTL (I wouldn't know, I know nothing about them, would appreciate some scans) Flash makes FTL people look like snails on a daily basis.

No, Flash barely uses his speed that's FTL unless he needs it. In character, he's not going more than 3xFTL, while Thor can talk,navigate, and react at 3xFTL speeds. Do you think Thor's lost in a blur whenever he travels FTL? Same with Surfer. You think they can't perceive where they're going? Also what does Flash do if Thor does an omnidirectional lightning attack or a wind storm/lightning storm that consumes the entire planet? Also Loki has feats of outpacing radio waves by a good amount.

#108 Posted by SheenLantern (6910 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden:

Thor can talk,navigate, and react at 3xFTL speeds

Scans

Do you think Thor's lost in a blur whenever he travels FTL

Yeah

Also what does Flash do if Thor does an omnidirectional lightning attack

Vibrate through it

a wind storm/lightning storm that consumes the entire planet

lol yeah, because Thor kills every living thing on Earth in character sooo often, doesn't he?

#109 Posted by DarkRaiden (8292 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden:

Thor can talk,navigate, and react at 3xFTL speeds

Scans

Yeah

Also what does Flash do if Thor does an omnidirectional lightning attack

Vibrate through it

a wind storm/lightning storm that consumes the entire planet

lol yeah, because Thor kills every living thing on Earth in character sooo often, doesn't he?

Unless you think that everytime he utters a word/thought, that he's travelled a few planets away already, then he's thinking and talking at the speeds he's flying at.

Has Flash ever vibrated through Lightning? Scans.

#110 Posted by green_skaar (4761 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah

What? Lol! So Thor just hopes and prays he hits no planetary bodies while he hurtles through space totally unable to react to anything? How exactly does he know when to stop?

#111 Edited by NoBody134 (300 posts) - - Show Bio

a much better speed feat for thor.

Thor throws Mjolnir "to the farthest reaches of the galaxy". It returns faster than he anticipated, in under 60 seconds, so it's moving at like 80,000,000,000c at the very least, which makes thor's reaction time roughly the same, since he didn't see the hammer coming, it could also be applied to his striking speed with mjolnir.

#112 Posted by SheenLantern (6910 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm confused, are these scans supposed to convince me that he has FTL reflexes?

Unless you think that everytime he utters a word/thought, that he's travelled a few planets away already, then he's thinking and talking at the speeds he's flying at.

I read that sentence out loud a few times, still didn't make any sense.

What I can vaguely gather is that the fact that Thor can talk and think while travelling FTL is what is significant.

I don't entirely understand, if there was a spaceship that could travel faster than light, and I got inside it and started thinking and talking. Would that mean I could beat Flash too?

Has Flash ever vibrated through Lightning?

I don't know, maybe.

There's no reason why he couldn't. The atoms that make up a bolt of lightning are the same atoms that make up everything else.

#113 Edited by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

Red tornado should be further up the list, and he would have a chance to beat Thor but ultimatly I think Thor beats him. Thor would stop at superman and Hal Jordan should be in front of both flashes and so should RT and WW.

#114 Posted by DarkRaiden (8292 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor throws Mjolnir "to the farthest reaches of the galaxy". It returns faster than he anticipated, in under 60 seconds, so it's moving at like 80,000,000,000 at the very least, which make thor's reaction time roughly the same, since he didn't see the hammer coming, it could also be applied to his striking speed with mjolnir.

Um....I think Odin sent it back. The only thing that could be is a strength feat IIRC since he can throw that heavy ass hammer to the other side of the galaxy.

#115 Posted by dondave (38907 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor throws Mjolnir "to the farthest reaches of the galaxy". It returns faster than he anticipated, in under 60 seconds, so it's moving at like 80,000,000,000c at the very least, which makes thor's reaction time roughly the same, since he didn't see the hammer coming, it could also be applied to his striking speed with mjolnir.

He didn't throw it to the furthest reaches of the Galaxy. Back then he had the 60 second time limit and he knew it would take more than a minute for Mjolnir to reach it's destination and he'd be turned back into Donald Blake and die in space. However, Odin sent it back before it could do so.

#116 Edited by green_skaar (4761 posts) - - Show Bio

Um....I think Odin sent it back. The only thing that could be is a strength feat IIRC since he can throw that heavy ass hammer to the other side of the galaxy.

I wouldn't even consider it a strength feat considering once an object starts moving in the vacuum of space it's not going to slow down until it hits something or is pulled by other large bodies.

#117 Edited by DarkRaiden (8292 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm confused, are these scans supposed to convince me that he has FTL reflexes?

I read that sentence out loud a few times, still didn't make any sense.

What I can vaguely gather is that the fact that Thor can talk and think while travelling FTL is what is significant.

I don't entirely understand, if there was a spaceship that could travel faster than light, and I got inside it and started thinking and talking. Would that mean I could beat Flash too?

Has Flash ever vibrated through Lightning?

I don't know, maybe.

There's no reason why he couldn't. The atoms that make up a bolt of lightning are the same atoms that make up everything else.

Inside the spaceship is different. It equalizes speed for you so you don't perceive that you're going FTL. Thor's body itself is going FTL and he's producing thoughts and can speak (and thus react) before he's sent planets away. In other words, if he was as slow reacting and thinking as you think he is, by the time a thought and words crossed his mind, he'd be halfway out the solar system.

#118 Posted by darkseid1006 (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

if aquamans water hand could negate Thor's magic for a fight after then Thor goes down at wonder woman if not flash then defiantly 2nd flash

#119 Edited by jwalser3 (5279 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Guy.

#120 Edited by NoBody134 (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@nobody134 said:

He didn't throw it to the furthest reaches of the Galaxy. Back then he had the 60 second time limit and he knew it would take more than a minute for Mjolnir to reach it's destination and he'd be turned back into Donald Blake and die in space. However, Odin sent it back before it could do so.

i know about that limit, but did odin really send it back? i could've sworn that...

do you have scans for odin sending it back maybe?

so did the hammer get all the way there by itself in less then 60 secs or did odin had something to do with it as well?

#121 Edited by DarkRaiden (8292 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@nobody134 said:

i know about that limit, but did odin really send it back? i could've sworn that...

so did the hammer get all the way there by itself in less then 60 secs or did odin had something to do with it as well?

I think it's implied Odin just sent it right back....or within the time period.

#122 Posted by Joygirl (19955 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Batman who glares him into submission.

#123 Posted by patrat18 (10910 posts) - - Show Bio

@experio said:

@patrat18: And so what if Thor is breaking his hands and fingers with every hit? Each time Thor hit harder..... again.....and again. He made his mind as hard as Uru and ignored the pain - see the rhyme :)

Anyway, the third scan shows how quick his lightning came down which is fast enough to hit 10 and below or possibly knock them out. One hit from Thor's hammer was able to take down the Lord of Physical will

Lets not forget that Thor also commands Wind and interstellar winds that go this fast.

Key words: Galaxies passed in a blur

With that being said, I think Flash would be the toughest opponent on that list, and if anyone he would stop Thor.

Do me a favor and put that second scan away. That ship belonged to King Thor not young thor. Do you really believe Flash would give him time to get in the ship, let alone take off in it? Thor is no coward he will not run away from the battle he will fight. Flash would stomp him with no effort.

#124 Posted by dondave (38907 posts) - - Show Bio

@nobody134 said:

@dondave said:

@nobody134 said:

I think it's implied Odin just sent it right back....or within the time period.

Odin actually confirms he prevented Thor from committing suicide

#126 Posted by tomlikesfries (4923 posts) - - Show Bio
#127 Edited by SheenLantern (6910 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomlikesfries: Oh, wow. Amazing. You edited your post in a vain attempt to restore your credibility.

Cute.

#128 Posted by JudgeNeptune (224 posts) - - Show Bio

he might stop at Guy... he will stop at WW, he is Going to stop at Hal.

#129 Posted by Experio (17280 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: I dont think your understanding, its evidence on how fast the Wind Thor commands go. It was the wind that sent the boat moving that fast while Thor held it steady and Thor in the past has used wind plenty of times in battle and so it would be useful against Flash but I think thats were Thor stops (not that his doesnt stand a chance)

#130 Posted by JudgeNeptune (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern said:

@darkraiden said:

C'mon...

#131 Posted by tomlikesfries (4923 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomlikesfries: Am I the only one on this thread who has the necessary mental capacity to discern the difference between combat speed and travel speed? Evidently so.

I suppose then that the same applies to Wally or Barry. We all by now know that they can both travel at velocities that absurdly surpass light speed, but have you ever seen them speedblitz their opponents at such speeds or vibrate through every single attack, so they couldn't even be touched? Of course not. They have the potential to do so, but simply don't do it, much like Iceman from the X-Men, which is one of the members with most potential, but doesn't use his powers at max capacity. Not to mention that they are both morals on.

#132 Edited by logy5000 (6167 posts) - - Show Bio

You Thor fans are nuts.

Wally West STOMPS him.

#133 Edited by tomlikesfries (4923 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern said:

@tomlikesfries: Oh, wow. Amazing. You edited your post in a vain attempt to restore your credibility.

Cute.

What? I didn't edit my post. I had quoted you before when you said that Thor is slower than most street-levelers. Then I saw that the debate had already gone past that and decided to reply to a comment of yours that had yet no answer. At both times though, I presented the same scan. And if there's anyone here that should even attempt to restore their credibility, that person is you for make absurd statements.

#134 Posted by SheenLantern (6910 posts) - - Show Bio
#135 Edited by SheenLantern (6910 posts) - - Show Bio

have you ever seen them speedblitz their opponents at such speeds or vibrate through every single attack, so they couldn't even be touched?

What, besides every Flash comic I've ever read?

No.

#136 Posted by Wolverine08 (45714 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do all Thor battles turn into argument threads about his speed/reaction time?

#137 Posted by DarkRaiden (8292 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden said:

@sheenlantern said:

@darkraiden said:

C'mon...

And yet Slade tags him and he's tagged by people much slower than Thor. Flash pretty much never uses this speed. Ever.

#138 Posted by SheenLantern (6910 posts) - - Show Bio

And yet Slade tags him and he's tagged by people much slower than Thor.

Oh, well then. If we're low-balling now, then Thor is a hulking, slow idiot who can get one-shotted by a pressure point attack,

He really does stop at Batman. Maybe even Green Arrow.

#139 Posted by green_skaar (4761 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden said:

Oh, well then. If we're low-balling now, then Thor is a hulking, slow idiot who can get one-shotted by a pressure point attack,

Wait, because Mantis, one of the best martial artist in the universe utilizing pressure points, who have trained for thousands of years , hits Thor when he's not even looking and paying attention to her, he's "hulking, slow idiot'?!?!

#140 Posted by DarkRaiden (8292 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden said:

He really does stop at Batman. Maybe even Green Arrow.

No, Slade does it CONSISTENTLY, as does anyone Flash doesn't immediate solo (random villains, GL, etc.). Low balling would be Flash getting shot. By a bullet. Or beat down by Batman.

#141 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26988 posts) - - Show Bio

He get's wrecked at round 10.

#142 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (26988 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden said:

@judgeneptune said:
@darkraiden said:

@sheenlantern said:

@darkraiden said:

C'mon...

And yet Slade tags him and he's tagged by people much slower than Thor. Flash pretty much never uses this speed. Ever.

I think I just lost all my brain cells.

Excuse me while I go read several GUT theories to get them back.

#143 Posted by SPM1M (899 posts) - - Show Bio

and the thor fans take the lead in blind fanboyism, can the bat fans catch up? no? how about the supes and hulk fans? no way? thor fans are on fiiiiiiiaaarrreeee!!!!

but seriously stops at flash maybe ww

#144 Edited by tomlikesfries (4923 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern said:

@tomlikesfries: What exactly is Thor reacting to in your scan?

He's not reacting to anything. After all, DarkRaiden said "Talk, navigate and react". I showed a scan of him navigating, flying at 3x FTL.

@sheenlantern said:

@tomlikesfries said:

have you ever seen them speedblitz their opponents at such speeds or vibrate through every single attack, so they couldn't even be touched?

What, besides every Flash comic I've ever read?

No.

Maybe that's why Flash gets frozen by Cold's guns from time to time, has been imprisoned by Vandal Savage, been beaten by Grodd and many, many others while he could've used his speed to avoid it all. Like I said, Flash has the potential to beat all of these guys easily by simply phasing his hand through their heads, predicting his opponent's every move and others, just like Thor has the potential to exile all criminals in outer space or Superman murdering Luthor by exploding his head with his bare hands, but that's not how it works.

By the way, speedblitzing doesn't come without its costs. Wally once broke his hand after blitzing Gorilla Grodd.

#145 Edited by SheenLantern (6910 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern said:

@darkraiden said:

Wait, because Mantis, one of the best martial artist in the universe utilizing pressure points, who have trained for thousands of years , hits Thor when he's not even looking and paying attention to her, he's "hulking, slow idiot'?!?!

No, this is what makes him a slow idiot.

#146 Posted by SheenLantern (6910 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade does it CONSISTENTLY

And Thor is consistently slow as f*ck.

See? We've come full circle.

#147 Posted by DarkRaiden (8292 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden said:

Pretty sure that was Eric Masterson but w/e

1. If both are slow (Flash getting tagged by street levelers), Thor stomps

2. Thor CONSISTENTLY tags Surfer, Loki, Gladiator, etc. So he can react and attack fast people

3. Thor wins.

#148 Posted by JudgeNeptune (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern said:

@darkraiden said:

Pretty sure that was Eric Masterson but w/e

1. If both are slow (Flash getting tagged by street levelers), Thor stomps

2. Thor CONSISTENTLY tags Surfer, Loki, Gladiator, etc. So he can react and attack fast people

3. Thor wins.

So, you did not get the point that @sheenlantern was trying to show....

#149 Posted by SheenLantern (6910 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden:

1. Oh no no no, you see. Flash may get tagged by Deathstroke a lot, there's still no question that he's still faster than him.

Besides. DS is waaay faster than Thor. I mean, the guy can tag Wally West. Thor is no where near that fast!

2. Even if those guys were as fast as Wally West (Which they're not. Like, at all) Thor's not allowed to use his high-end feats since Wally isn't.

3. You're a fanboy :)

#150 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10546 posts) - - Show Bio

IMO, anyone who thinks Thor could make it through any round past Round 10 is cray-cray.

Jmarshmallow