• 101 results
Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Susanoo

Thor (has classic feats and any powers he has shown before. No morals. Has Belt of Strength and Warriors madness but can control it) 

Beta Ray Bill 

Hal Jordan 

Current Silver Surfer  

vs 

Thanos and Darkseid 

Battlefield : The Moon 
Win Conditions : Incapicitation, KO, BFR, Death  
Everyone has knowledge on everyone else. 

Round 1 : No prep. 
Round 2 : Both teams have 3 day prep. 

Who wins?
Jazzitup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jazzitup

Round 1 : I believe team 1.  
Round 2 : I'm going with team 2.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By difficlus
@Jazzitup said:
"

"
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Jazzitup said:
"

"
PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By PirateKing69
@Jazzitup said:
"

"
bgibs13390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bgibs13390

Thanos is a prep master so  
1, Team 1 
2.Team 2 
However Thor with warrior madness is a beast 

Avatar image for johansutherland
JohanSutherland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JohanSutherland

Team one no matter what. Thor alone can beat Thanos, with preparation or not, and I'm pretty sure The Surfer and GL would be more than a match for Darkseid. So if you add Bill to the mix ...  
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By sexy_merc

Team 2 in both.

Cochise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cochise

Team 2 for both, I would think, just based on the fact that Thanos beats the crap out of Surfer with minimal effort.

BattleMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BattleMage

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By entropy_aegis

darkseid solos both rounds,thanos solos round 2

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By czarny_samael666

Current Surfer will defeat Thanos after great battle.

Dakrseid should lose with other three. Thor and BRB can block OB by Mjolnir and Strombreaker. I also doubt that Darkseid can take two godblast at the same time.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By MrDirector786

Team 2 in both rounds

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By entropy_aegis
@czarny_samael:
how is the mjlonir and stormbreaker going to block th ob?cause they are magical?havent we had this argument before.you keep mentioning a jeph loeb comic maybe i should do the same and say darkseid smacks them worse than rulk. 
darkseid has absorbed mordru(who has manipulated the rock of eternity),his motherboxes have shown the ability to harness shazams lightning,his servant mantis has absorbed dr fate what more do you want. 
Finally even if the OB can be blocked by magical objects how do you know the mjlonir can do it?lets take a look at the circumstances in that comic.first of all wonder woman knew about the beams does thor?then she interupted midway without him knowing, this isnt the case here.then theres the reaction speed,after that thers the fact that the braclets have yet to be broken same cannot be said for mjlonir,finally the purpose of the bracelets IS to block something diana does it everytime same cannot be said for mjlonir.
Star_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Star_Lord
@czarny_samael said:
" Current Surfer will defeat Thanos after great battle.  Dakrseid should lose with other three. Thor and BRB can block OB by Mjolnir and Strombreaker. I also doubt that Darkseid can take two godblast at the same time. "
No he wouldn't. Thanos is better than Silver Surfer in every possible way.
weaponxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By weaponxxx

Team 1 round 1
Team 2 round 2

With 3 days prep Thanos and Darkseid could BFR Warrior's Madness w/ Belt of Strength Thor and Current Silver Surfer. Both Thanos and Darkseid could take on Hal and Beta Ray Bill wouldn't be a factor.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Star_Lord said:
" @czarny_samael said:
" Current Surfer will defeat Thanos after great battle.  Dakrseid should lose with other three. Thor and BRB can block OB by Mjolnir and Strombreaker. I also doubt that Darkseid can take two godblast at the same time. "
No he wouldn't. Thanos is better than Silver Surfer in every possible way. "
Current Surfer matched Thanos' level of power in Annihilation #5. He is faster. He is also defeated Thor much easier than Thanos. TP won't work on this battle. Energy manipulation isn't anymore a Thanos' advantage. IMO Surfer will win after long battle thanks to speed.

@entropy_aegis said:
" @czarny_samael: how is the mjlonir and stormbreaker going to block th ob?cause they are magical?havent we had this argument before.you keep mentioning a jeph loeb comic maybe i should do the same and say darkseid smacks them worse than rulk. darkseid has absorbed mordru(who has manipulated the rock of eternity),his motherboxes have shown the ability to harness shazams lightning,his servant mantis has absorbed dr fate what more do you want. Finally even if the OB can be blocked by magical objects how do you know the mjlonir can do it?lets take a look at the circumstances in that comic.first of all wonder woman knew about the beams does thor?then she interupted midway without him knowing, this isnt the case here.then theres the reaction speed,after that thers the fact that the braclets have yet to be broken same cannot be said for mjlonir,finally the purpose of the bracelets IS to block something diana does it everytime same cannot be said for mjlonir. "

Pre-Crsis don't count and WW was able to block it. And Mjolnir blocked many very pwoerfull attacks that would defeat more powerfull beings than Superman. And affecting Superman is best OB feat.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By entropy_aegis
@czarny_samael said:
" @Star_Lord said:
" @czarny_samael said:
Current Surfer matched Thanos' level of power in Annihilation #5. He is faster. He is also defeated Thor much easier than Thanos. TP won't work on this battle. Energy manipulation isn't anymore a Thanos' advantage. IMO Surfer will win after long battle thanks to speed.

@entropy_aegis said:
" @czarny_samael: how is the mjlonir and stormbreaker going to block th ob?cause they are magical?havent we had this argument before.you keep mentioning a jeph loeb comic maybe i should do the same and say darkseid smacks them worse than rulk. darkseid has absorbed mordru(who has manipulated the rock of eternity),his motherboxes have shown the ability to harness shazams lightning,his servant mantis has absorbed dr fate what more do you want. Finally even if the OB can be blocked by magical objects how do you know the mjlonir can do it?lets take a look at the circumstances in that comic.first of all wonder woman knew about the beams does thor?then she interupted midway without him knowing, this isnt the case here.then theres the reaction speed,after that thers the fact that the braclets have yet to be broken same cannot be said for mjlonir,finally the purpose of the bracelets IS to block something diana does it everytime same cannot be said for mjlonir. "
Pre-Crsis don't count and WW was able to block it. And Mjolnir blocked many very pwoerfull attacks that would defeat more powerfull beings than Superman. And affecting Superman is best OB feat. "

@czarny_samael:
so pre crisis doesnt count for darkseid but it counts for marvel guys and their galaxy busting?the mordru incident was referred just 3 months ago in legion of superheroes.diana's bracelets have yet to be broken same cannot be said for mjlonir and she withstood blasts from nekron.
The omega effect has worked on agog(much more powerful than orion and lightray both individually on par with superman)imperiex prime,god wave ares who was pushing universe buster levels .
Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael said:
I also doubt that Darkseid can take two godblast at the same time. "
BRB can use godblast??? I thought it is thor unique abillity

@czarny_samael said:
" @Star_Lord said:
" @czarny_samael said:

I disagee with this lord mar vell destroyed surfer board and took him to the ground for 10 pages in a single blast and we already see that thanos can defeat lmv  I think thanos became more powerful too.
@entropy_aegis: it can hurt spectre too ,just add(:
Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Susanoo
@entropy_aegis said:
"@czarny_samael said:
" @Star_Lord said:
" @czarny_samael said:

@entropy_aegis said:
Pre-Crsis don't count and WW was able to block it. And Mjolnir blocked many very pwoerfull attacks that would defeat more powerfull beings than Superman. And affecting Superman is best OB feat. "
@czarny_samael: so pre crisis doesnt count for darkseid but it counts for marvel guys and their galaxy busting?the mordru incident was referred just 3 months ago in legion of superheroes.diana's bracelets have yet to be broken same cannot be said for mjlonir and she withstood blasts from nekron.The omega effect has worked on agog(much more powerful than orion and lightray both individually on par with superman)imperiex prime,god wave ares who was pushing universe buster levels . "

Classic levels for DC tend to be.... more powerful...
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Freefa11
@entropy_aegis said: 

@czarny_samael: so pre crisis doesnt count for darkseid but it counts for marvel guys and their galaxy busting?

Of course not. Why would it? Marvel never had a company wide retcon event like the Crisis on Infinite Earths story. "Pre-crisis" only applies to the DC Universe because that's the only place the Crisis happened.

the mordru incident was referred just 3 months ago in legion of superheroes. 

Unless GDS has been rewritten, it took place 1,000 years in the future, after Darkseid came out of a lengthy hibernation. Who knows what had happened to him. 

diana's bracelets have yet to be broken same cannot be said for mjlonir and she withstood blasts from nekron. 

True. However, Mjolnir has taken some potent shots, and the Omega Beams don't seem like they would be so far outside his range of tolerance. 

The omega effect has worked on agog(much more powerful than orion and lightray both individually on par with superman) 

What do you mean by "worked on" here? People sometimes exaggerate the extent to which the Omega Effect "works" on some people. 

imperiex prime, 

Not really. 

god wave ares who was pushing universe buster levels . "

When did this happen? The only time I'm aware of Ares getting the Godwave (well, trying to), DS did not use the Omega Beams on him. 

@war of light_2814: It made Spectre go, "Uhn!" Then he blew Darkseid to bits. Sure, being able to affect Spectre at all is pretty impressive, but it's not like that actually established anything. 

How powerful was that Spectre anyway? I've heard Hal was one of the weaker incarnations, but never seen confirmation.
Star_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Star_Lord
@czarny_samael said:
" @Star_Lord said:
" @czarny_samael said:
Can you post scans. I read Annihilation(I read all the cosmic stuff), but it has been a while. And I honestly don't remember the fight. I don't see how Silver Surfer is anywhere near Thanos when Thanos has taken on Odin, Galactus, Beyonder. Hell, he even took Surfer and Thor on at the same time before. And he has beaten Surfer multiple times. 
tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tensor
@czarny_samael: current surfer would not beat current thanos
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Freefa11 said:
" @entropy_aegis said: 

@czarny_samael: so pre crisis doesnt count for darkseid but it counts for marvel guys and their galaxy busting?

Of course not. Why would it? Marvel never had a company wide retcon event like the Crisis on Infinite Earths story. "Pre-crisis" only applies to the DC Universe because that's the only place the Crisis happened.

the mordru incident was referred just 3 months ago in legion of superheroes. 

Unless GDS has been rewritten, it took place 1,000 years in the future, after Darkseid came out of a lengthy hibernation. Who knows what had happened to him. 

diana's bracelets have yet to be broken same cannot be said for mjlonir and she withstood blasts from nekron. 

True. However, Mjolnir has taken some potent shots, and the Omega Beams don't seem like they would be so far outside his range of tolerance. 

The omega effect has worked on agog(much more powerful than orion and lightray both individually on par with superman) 

What do you mean by "worked on" here? People sometimes exaggerate the extent to which the Omega Effect "works" on some people. 

imperiex prime, 

Not really. 

god wave ares who was pushing universe buster levels . "

When did this happen? The only time I'm aware of Ares getting the Godwave (well, trying to), DS did not use the Omega Beams on him. 

@war of light_2814: It made Spectre go, "Uhn!" Then he blew Darkseid to bits. Sure, being able to affect Spectre at all is pretty impressive, but it's not like that actually established anything.  How powerful was that Spectre anyway? I've heard Hal was one of the weaker incarnations, but never seen confirmation. "

darkseid was never affected by it,all his stories are in cannon,and marvel guys have yet to pull their silverage showings,but if it counts for them ,then it counts for darkseid. 
He was in a weaker state in the great darkness saga when he pawned mordru. 
HUH? it worked on agog cleanly, the imperiex incident was obviously teamwork but considering darkseid>mrdru>kismet i beleive that he gave a greater power output.The godwave incident happened in genesis it was a shitty story with even more confusing art but the panel before ares is defeated we see red lazers.and darkseid making some sort of victory speech(i dont full remember the events which happened here).
BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

I give this to team 1.

ryanthereaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ryanthereaper
@Jazzitup said:
"

"
untammed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By untammed

team 1 
then team 2

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Freefa11
@entropy_aegis said: 

darkseid was never affected by it,all his stories are in cannon

What is this based on? How can his stories be canon if the settings they took place in and the characters it involved are not canon?

and marvel guys have yet to pull their silverage showings,but if it counts for them ,then it counts for darkseid.  

Thor was specified to be at classic levels in this thread, so it doesn't even matter if it is canon to Marvel or not. And Marvel and DC are completely separate companies; there is no reason Marvel should have to retcon all of its pre-1985 material just because DC did it. I really have no idea what makes you think the DC Silver Age being dropped from their canon has anything at all to do with Marvel. 

Evidence? He sure didn't seem weaker. 

HUH? it worked on agog cleanly, 

My question is what effect did it have, and is it clearly the Omega Effect? I've seen a lot of people claim he used it to hurt Anti-Monitor, when that's not was shown at all, so I tend to be a little skeptical of claims of the OE's power that I haven't seen myself.

the imperiex incident was obviously teamwork but considering darkseid>mrdru>kismet  

You're still assuming the GDS thing is both canon and involved a weaker Darkseid. Considering OWAW is one of the most commonly cited places where Superman stands roughly even with DS, it seems pretty unlikely the writers ever intended him to be superior to Kismet, let alone Kismet+Superman joined.

i beleive that he gave a greater power output. 

Spectre? That's no really an issue, considering how easily he defeated Darkseid. Durability is the issue, although not by much, since all Darkseid really did was irritate him. 

The godwave incident happened in genesis it was a shitty story with even more confusing art but the panel before ares is defeated we see red lazers.and darkseid making some sort of victory speech(i dont full remember the events which happened here). "  

I checked Genesis recently for a post in another thread, and none of that happens. Ares gets paralyzed due to DS's technology, then DS tells the heroes that the only way to win is to get the whole universe to pray for it, and presto, armageddon averted. After that all we see is DS & co. trapped in the source wall.
AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AMS

GDS is back in canon supposedly. 

Mordru is no joke, could solo Classic Thor and the team as well at full power.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Freefa11 said:
" @entropy_aegis said: 

darkseid was never affected by it,all his stories are in cannon

What is this based on? How can his stories be canon if the settings they took place in and the characters it involved are not canon?

and marvel guys have yet to pull their silverage showings,but if it counts for them ,then it counts for darkseid.  

Thor was specified to be at classic levels in this thread, so it doesn't even matter if it is canon to Marvel or not. And Marvel and DC are completely separate companies; there is no reason Marvel should have to retcon all of its pre-1985 material just because DC did it. I really have no idea what makes you think the DC Silver Age being dropped from their canon has anything at all to do with Marvel. 

Evidence? He sure didn't seem weaker. 

HUH? it worked on agog cleanly, 

My question is what effect did it have, and is it clearly the Omega Effect? I've seen a lot of people claim he used it to hurt Anti-Monitor, when that's not was shown at all, so I tend to be a little skeptical of claims of the OE's power that I haven't seen myself.

the imperiex incident was obviously teamwork but considering darkseid>mrdru>kismet  

You're still assuming the GDS thing is both canon and involved a weaker Darkseid. Considering OWAW is one of the most commonly cited places where Superman stands roughly even with DS, it seems pretty unlikely the writers ever intended him to be superior to Kismet, let alone Kismet+Superman joined.

i beleive that he gave a greater power output. 

Spectre? That's no really an issue, considering how easily he defeated Darkseid. Durability is the issue, although not by much, since all Darkseid really did was irritate him. 

The godwave incident happened in genesis it was a shitty story with even more confusing art but the panel before ares is defeated we see red lazers.and darkseid making some sort of victory speech(i dont full remember the events which happened here). "  

I checked Genesis recently for a post in another thread, and none of that happens. Ares gets paralyzed due to DS's technology, then DS tells the heroes that the only way to win is to get the whole universe to pray for it, and presto, armageddon averted. After that all we see is DS & co. trapped in the source wall. "

his stories are cannon actually, 
               he was also weaker in the GDS why do you think he needed to absorb mordru. 
               GDS is cannon buddy read paul levitz current legion of superheroes run and the only time supes matched darkseid AFTER he was weakened attacking imperiex and he eventually overwhelmed him and pwned that idiot gravyen to boot. 
              i also didnt bring up the spectre take it with who ever did( i dont use spectre too much) 
              i'll check genesis(assuming i would find it under the rubble)
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By czarny_samael666

@entropy_aegis said:

" @czarny_samael said:

" @Star_Lord said:
" @czarny_samael said:

@entropy_aegis

said:
@czarny_samael: so pre crisis doesnt count for darkseid but it counts for marvel guys and their galaxy busting?the mordru incident was referred just 3 months ago in legion of superheroes.diana's bracelets have yet to be broken same cannot be said for mjlonir and she withstood blasts from nekron.The omega effect has worked on agog(much more powerful than orion and lightray both individually on par with superman)imperiex prime,god wave ares who was pushing universe buster levels . "
Exactly. Pre-C don't count, while all Marvel feats counts. Marvel didn't have a crisis.
Best feat from OB's is perfect effect on Superman (teleporting).
Mjolnir has took Hela's attack with Twilight Sword like nothing (remember that Surtur was able to destroy a galaxy with it).

@war of light_2814 said:

" @czarny_samael said:

I also doubt that Darkseid can take two godblast at the same time. "
BRB can use godblast??? I thought it is thor unique abillity

@czarny_samael said:
" @Star_Lord said:
" @czarny_samael said:

I disagee with this lord mar vell destroyed surfer board and took him to the ground for 10 pages in a single blast and we already see that thanos can defeat lmv  I think thanos became more powerful too.
@entropy_aegis: it can hurt spectre too ,just add(: "

Thanos never fought with LMV. He surrender to him.
And Strombreaker=Mjlonir to my knowledge.

@Star_Lord said:
" @czarny_samael said:
"Current Surfer matched Thanos' level of power in Annihilation #5. He is faster. He is also defeated Thor much easier than Thanos. TP won't work on this battle. Energy manipulation isn't anymore a Thanos' advantage. IMO Surfer will win after long battle thanks to speed.   
Can you post scans. I read Annihilation(I read all the cosmic stuff), but it has been a while. And I honestly don't remember the fight. I don't see how Silver Surfer is anywhere near Thanos when Thanos has taken on Odin, Galactus, Beyonder. Hell, he even took Surfer and Thor on at the same time before. And he has beaten Surfer multiple times.  "
Surfer didn't fought with Thanos, he used his machine to free Galactus and only Thanos was able to do this (this machine depends on power level, it was the easiest way to block any other one to use it. Thanos didn't know that Surfer got boost).

And Thnaos  fought with that guys thanks to durability. He can win with speedsters, because he has great energy/matter manipulation and TP.
TP won't defeat Surfer (Power Cosmic comes from Astral Plane) and thanks to fact that Surfer's pwoer level matched Thanos, others Titan's advantage won't be enough.
On the other hand, Thanos' best physical-durability feat is survivng in Black Hole, but he was hurt by this. Pre-A Surfer could create Black Hole easily. So Current one will just create more than one and make Thanos weak. Then he will finish him.

Team 1 ftw.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By entropy_aegis
@czarny_samael:
What part of crisis not affecting darkseid do you not understand? if he is weaker then it is due to consistency in power levels not the crisis,same applies to the marvel guys,i honestly dont know why the marvel supporters are opposing this so strongly,i mean we all know that current thor is not as powerful as the silverage version .and the term sulverage applies to the entire comicbook franchise not just DC. 
So agog does not count even though he is >>>superman.or imperiex prime or mordru or time-trapper etc.
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By czarny_samael666

@entropy_aegis said:

" @czarny_samael: What part of crisis not affecting darkseid do you not understand? if he is weaker then it is due to consistency in power levels not the crisis,same applies to the marvel guys,i honestly dont know why the marvel supporters are opposing this so strongly,i mean we all know that current thor is not as powerful as the silverage version .and the term sulverage applies to the entire comicbook franchise not just DC. So agog does not count even though he is >>>superman.or imperiex prime or mordru or time-trapper etc. "

He can't be the only one not affected by Crisis. It don't have any sense.  Darkseid's feats from PC comics don't count.
And Marvel didn't have any Crisis.All of them that weren't depowered have the same power level what they had when they've made their best feats.

And Current Thor = Classic Thor.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Freefa11:

I checked genesis again,that tech wasnt tech,darkseid created that ship with a gesture and ares was paralyzed the moment he touched it.allowing the old gods to do whatever (looked like they pushed him in to the wall).still i dont think any of the guys here would make ares even flinch.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#35  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@Jazzitup said:
"

"
superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By superdemon

Wow. The spelling and grammar used on this page is absolutely horrible. lol

People who think Surfer is on par with Thanos need to wake up. Thanos is and always will be depicted as superior to Surfer. And what can any of the team do to him? Drax can't even kill him anymore.

Star_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Star_Lord
@czarny_samael said:

@Star_Lord said:
" @czarny_samael said:
"Current Surfer matched Thanos' level of power in Annihilation #5. He is faster. He is also defeated Thor much easier than Thanos. TP won't work on this battle. Energy manipulation isn't anymore a Thanos' advantage. IMO Surfer will win after long battle thanks to speed.   
Can you post scans. I read Annihilation(I read all the cosmic stuff), but it has been a while. And I honestly don't remember the fight. I don't see how Silver Surfer is anywhere near Thanos when Thanos has taken on Odin, Galactus, Beyonder. Hell, he even took Surfer and Thor on at the same time before. And he has beaten Surfer multiple times.  "
Surfer didn't fought with Thanos, he used his machine to free Galactus and only Thanos was able to do this (this machine depends on power level, it was the easiest way to block any other one to use it. Thanos didn't know that Surfer got boost).

And Thnaos  fought with that guys thanks to durability. He can win with speedsters, because he has great energy/matter manipulation and TP.
TP won't defeat Surfer (Power Cosmic comes from Astral Plane) and thanks to fact that Surfer's pwoer level matched Thanos, others Titan's advantage won't be enough.
On the other hand, Thanos' best physical-durability feat is survivng in Black Hole, but he was hurt by this. Pre-A Surfer could create Black Hole easily. So Current one will just create more than one and make Thanos weak. Then he will finish him.

Team 1 ftw. "
1.Thanos beats those guys thanks to a lot of things. He is smarter, stronger, more durable, has better energy manipulation, and can react accordingly to all of them. 
2.I know Thanos can't beat SS with Telepathy, but whats stopping him from doing it to everyone else. 
3.Not only do morals stop SS from creating multiple Black Holes, but Thanos could survive that easy. As I said, he has fought Odin, Galactus, and Beyonder. All well above Surfer in power. Surfer can not, and will never beat Thanos without some form of assistance. 

Two of these guys Thanos has already taken on and beat at the same time(Thor and SS) and not only did Thanos beat them, but he beat Classic Thor and has beaten Thor when he had a power-up. I don't remember if it was Warrior Madness or what, but he was powered up. All these guys together, might, maybe, possibly be at Thanos power, but not Thanos and Darkseid together.
superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By superdemon
@Star_Lord said:

" @czarny_samael said:

@Star_Lord said:
" @czarny_samael said:

Team 1 ftw. "
1.Thanos beats those guys thanks to a lot of things. He is smarter, stronger, more durable, has better energy manipulation, and can react accordingly to all of them. 
2.I know Thanos can't beat SS with Telepathy, but whats stopping him from doing it to everyone else. 
3.Not only do morals stop SS from creating multiple Black Holes, but Thanos could survive that easy. As I said, he has fought Odin, Galactus, and Beyonder. All well above Surfer in power. Surfer can not, and will never beat Thanos without some form of assistance. 

Two of these guys Thanos has already taken on and beat at the same time(Thor and SS) and not only did Thanos beat them, but he beat Classic Thor and has beaten Thor when he had a power-up. I don't remember if it was Warrior Madness or what, but he was powered up. All these guys together, might, maybe, possibly be at Thanos power, but not Thanos and Darkseid together.
"
1. Exactly.
2. Thanos has tricked Surfer into thinking he was dead with Telepathy IIRC. So that's actually wrong
3. The black whole Thanos survived encompassed two lightyears worth of space. It was massive and powerful. Surfer has never created such a black hole. And Thanos simply teleported out of it and was relatively fine. He teleported onto a Skrull ship, killed then and made his way to his own ship

4. Yup. Surfer has blasted Thanos with the intent to kill many times and Thanos simply stood there like it was nothing. Thor was insane and powered with the Power Gem. Thanos was still able to knock him around.
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Star_Lord said:
" @czarny_samael said:

Team 1 ftw. "

"
1.He didn't beat Galactus, nor Odin.
2.Surfer.
3.These fights show his durability to energy projection. Black Hole affected Thanos in the past. He don't have as good physical-durability as energy-durability.
4.Current Surfer would curbstomp classic Surfer in few shots.

@superdemon said:
" @Star_Lord said:

"1.Thanos beats those guys thanks to a lot of things. He is smarter, stronger, more durable, has better energy manipulation, and can react accordingly to all of them. 

"
1. Exactly. 2. Thanos has tricked Surfer into thinking he was dead with Telepathy IIRC. So that's actually wrong 3. The black whole Thanos survived encompassed two lightyears worth of space. It was massive and powerful. Surfer has never created such a black hole. And Thanos simply teleported out of it and was relatively fine. He teleported onto a Skrull ship, killed then and made his way to his own ship  4. Yup. Surfer has blasted Thanos with the intent to kill many times and Thanos simply stood there like it was nothing. Thor was insane and powered with the Power Gem. Thanos was still able to knock him around. "

2.It was rectconned and Thnaos didn't use TP then.
3.And was hurt after this on his planet. I should have this scans.
4.This wasn't Current Surfer. Thanos won that that battle thanks to some tech. He don't have his tech here to my knowledge.
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ssejllenrad

PIS aside, I go with team 2 for both.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Freefa11
@entropy_aegis: I didn't ask for another statement about them being canon, I asked for evidence. I'm also asking how Pre-Crisis Darkseid can be canon if nothing else is. Even the arguments that the 4th world was somehow exempt doesn't explain things if the events take place involving other characters or other settings, because those were retconned. 

For example, how could Darkseid beating Pre-Crisis Superman be canon if PC Supes never existed? It makes no sense. 

And again, even if you were right about the Marvel "Silver Age" (which you aren't), it doesn't matter because the thread specifies this is classic level Thor anyway. 

And BTW, why is it when people want to bring up Pre-Crisis Darkseid, all they ever talk about is GDS Darkseid? The issue of it being 1,000 years in the future still stands. Did he really not have any other noteworthy feats during the Silver Age?

Darkseid was absorbing a lot of things. It seemed to be a part of his Master Plan(tm). If Darkseid really was weaker, how do you explain all of his most current feats being so much less impressive? You're basically tossing out 20+ years of current feats for a single pre-crisis one and acting as if that one instance is somehow more representative of the true power of Darkseid. Even though I don't think the story itself explicitly refers to him as being weakened. And even if DS himself refers to it somewhere, frankly I'm not inclined to take his opinions of himself at face value, since he is highly biased in that regard (as referenced by the Spectre in Genesis, interestingly).

If GDS is canon does that mean Pre-Crisis Superboy, Superman, and Supergirl are all canon now too?

We don't know how much DS was weakened, and that still doesn't mean he did more work than Kismet and Superman. Superman made a run at Imperiex too, and was almost killed by him earlier, so it's not like he was in peak shape either. They had two scuffles, and in neither did DS seem overwhelmingly superior, certainly not to the point we can just assume he outclasses guys like Annihilation Surfer or a classic amped Thor with his belt.

I didn't see anything in Genesis or Jack Kirby's 4th World to suggest DS created that ship with a gesture.  

@AMS:
 Are we even certain Mordru was at full strength though? He had just been released from his imprisonment. And Darkseid had already amped himself with a couple of magic artifacts, so I'm pretty sure he was above his normal post-crisis power levels, and I really see nothing that actually shows him to be weaker.
AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AMS
@Freefa11: 
Good point, it's never been defintely said what his full power is apart from the Lord of Chaos stuff.
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#43  Edited By Billy Batson
@Cochise said:
" Team 2 for both, I would think, just based on the fact that Thanos beats the crap out of Surfer with minimal effort. "
superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By superdemon
@czarny_samael said:  

@superdemon said:

" @Star_Lord said:

"1.Thanos beats those guys thanks to a lot of things. He is smarter, stronger, more durable, has better energy manipulation, and can react accordingly to all of them. 

"
1. Exactly. 2. Thanos has tricked Surfer into thinking he was dead with Telepathy IIRC. So that's actually wrong 3. The black whole Thanos survived encompassed two lightyears worth of space. It was massive and powerful. Surfer has never created such a black hole. And Thanos simply teleported out of it and was relatively fine. He teleported onto a Skrull ship, killed then and made his way to his own ship  4. Yup. Surfer has blasted Thanos with the intent to kill many times and Thanos simply stood there like it was nothing. Thor was insane and powered with the Power Gem. Thanos was still able to knock him around. "
2.It was rectconned and Thnaos didn't use TP then. 3.And was hurt after this on his planet. I should have this scans.4.This wasn't Current Surfer. Thanos won that that battle thanks to some tech. He don't have his tech here to my knowledge. "
1. Proof it was retconned. He DID use TP.

2. He showed damage, but was relatively fine. He get's sucked in, his ship disintegrates, he TP's onto Skrull ship, kills them, and then cleans up. scan1 scan2 scan3 scan4

3. Thanks to what tech? And Thanos ALWAYS has tech on him. It's standard gear. Most of it's implanted inside him anyway? scan 1 scan 2
superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By superdemon
@Freefa11 said:
" @entropy_aegis: I didn't ask for another statement about them being canon, I asked for evidence. I'm also asking how Pre-Crisis Darkseid can be canon if nothing else is. Even the arguments that the 4th world was somehow exempt doesn't explain things if the events take place involving other characters or other settings, because those were retconned. 

For example, how could Darkseid beating Pre-Crisis Superman be canon if PC Supes never existed? It makes no sense. 

And again, even if you were right about the Marvel "Silver Age" (which you aren't), it doesn't matter because the thread specifies this is classic level Thor anyway. 

And BTW, why is it when people want to bring up Pre-Crisis Darkseid, all they ever talk about is GDS Darkseid? The issue of it being 1,000 years in the future still stands. Did he really not have any other noteworthy feats during the Silver Age?

Darkseid was absorbing a lot of things. It seemed to be a part of his Master Plan(tm). If Darkseid really was weaker, how do you explain all of his most current feats being so much less impressive? You're basically tossing out 20+ years of current feats for a single pre-crisis one and acting as if that one instance is somehow more representative of the true power of Darkseid. Even though I don't think the story itself explicitly refers to him as being weakened. And even if DS himself refers to it somewhere, frankly I'm not inclined to take his opinions of himself at face value, since he is highly biased in that regard (as referenced by the Spectre in Genesis, interestingly).

If GDS is canon does that mean Pre-Crisis Superboy, Superman, and Supergirl are all canon now too?

We don't know how much DS was weakened, and that still doesn't mean he did more work than Kismet and Superman. Superman made a run at Imperiex too, and was almost killed by him earlier, so it's not like he was in peak shape either. They had two scuffles, and in neither did DS seem overwhelmingly superior, certainly not to the point we can just assume he outclasses guys like Annihilation Surfer or a classic amped Thor with his belt.

I didn't see anything in Genesis or Jack Kirby's 4th World to suggest DS created that ship with a gesture.  

@AMS:
 Are we even certain Mordru was at full strength though? He had just been released from his imprisonment. And Darkseid had already amped himself with a couple of magic artifacts, so I'm pretty sure he was above his normal post-crisis power levels, and I really see nothing that actually shows him to be weaker. "
Logical. Reasonable. 100% fact. Excellent post. 
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By czarny_samael666
@superdemon said:
"1. Proof it was retconned. He DID use TP.

2. He showed damage, but was relatively fine. He get's sucked in, his ship disintegrates, he TP's onto Skrull ship, kills them, and then cleans up. scan1 scan2 scan3 scan4

3. Thanks to what tech? And Thanos ALWAYS has tech on him. It's standard gear. Most of it's implanted inside him anyway? scan 1 scan 2
"
1.It was retconned. Surfer show his Astral Plane's abilities in :"In thy name":.
2.But it still damaged him. SS's  BH can do the same.
3.It is not the same Surfer. And this i snot the same Thanos. I've didn't se EQ in this battle.
Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47  Edited By Theodore

Round 1: Team 1
Round 2: Team 2

superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By superdemon
@czarny_samael said:

" @superdemon said:

"1. Proof it was retconned. He DID use TP.

"

1.It was retconned. Surfer show his Astral Plane's abilities in :"In thy name":. 2.But it still damaged him. SS's  BH can do the same. 3.It is not the same Surfer. And this i snot the same Thanos. I've didn't se EQ in this battle. "
1. PROOF
2. Thanos' pain tolerance is massive. Let's see Surfer 's black hole compared to that one. If it's anything close to as powerful, we'll talk. Unntil then your assumption that Surfer can harm Thanos with a BH is speculation at best.
3. Yes. They've both received upgrades. Surfer really hasn't done much that puts him that far above his old self. If he has, prove it. Thanos was obviously and blatently depicted as much more powerful than any of the Cosmic Avengers in Thanos Imperative. If Surfer was so powerful, Thanos would not have been needed for anything he was needed for in the series.
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By pooty
@czarny_samael: 
Surfer has always been faster than Thanos. But Thanos has showed ability to have the reaction time to equal it. Thanos did not know about SS upgrade. If he did he may have put more power into the fail safe of the machine. Also, Thanos only participated because he was curious. He didn't care. I doubt he put all his power into the machine. And the fact that he put a fail safe into the machine means he wanted someone to be able to use it in case it was needed. If he made it to high there would have been no point in making the fail safe. I actually think Warriors Madness Thor which is (Thor x10) plus the Belt Of Strength (Thor x2) is the biggest threat to team 2. Isn't that like 20 classic Thors in one person?
superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By superdemon
@pooty said:
" @czarny_samael:  Surfer has always been faster than Thanos. But Thanos has showed ability to have the reaction time to equal it. Thanos did not know about SS upgrade. If he did he may have put more power into the fail safe of the machine. Also, Thanos only participated because he was curious. He didn't care. I doubt he put all his power into the machine. And the fact that he put a fail safe into the machine means he wanted someone to be able to use it in case it was needed. If he made it to high there would have been no point in making the fail safe. I actually think Warriors Madness Thor which is (Thor x10) plus the Belt Of Strength (Thor x2) is the biggest threat to team 2. Isn't that like 20 classic Thors in one person? "
 Thanos > Surfer ALWAYS.

I agree with the bold, but Insane Thor with the Power Gem (which would make it like Thor x 100) still wasn't enough to really put Thanos down.