• 179 results
Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Thanos pimp slaps both of them unconscious.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By pooty

@SC: Yes, a team, because characters like Tigra really help Thor? In fact if all the Avengers see Thor and Hulk fighting and decide its better to just get out of the way, then their added value must be really significant? I question your logic here

Using Tigra as an example is really low balling Thors help. He has had Colossus, Thing, Hulk, Strongman, Hercules, Vision, Iron Man all help him against a non-powered up Thanos. Those are all people who usually can change the tide of a battle. Did nothing against Thanos.

One time when Thanos was after Quoi he employed two other characters to serve under himPrimo and Reptyl, and now say would it be fair if this team went up against Odin

Again totally different. Thanos used underlings to keep people busy while he went after the main prize. Thor has brought reinforcements to fight thanos. Thanos has always challenged Thor one on one.

So your idea of casually swatting away seems as ill reasoned. If Thanos can casually swat Thor away why can't Thanos casually knock Thor out?

So in all the times they have face each other, Thor has been effective against Thanos once. That's not enough to say they are near the same level. And nobody want's a comic that is one page long. Which is why Thanos has not KO'ed Thor, SS, Captain America in an instant. I throw PIS out the window in battle threads.

An admittance of potential personal bias or knowledge not objectively supported by fact

Not supported by fact? Really? well he casually beats SS the most powerful herald. He defeated The Fallen. Beat Terrax and made him an underling. He defeated them all without the outcome ever being in doubt. If those are not facts....prove them wrong.

For a guy that preps for everything and has so many resources that was probably cutting it a bit close.

Thanos had no idea they were coming. ANd still ended the conflict where SS, Beta Ray Bill together had failed. And there is no proof that he couldn't have handled Thor by other means. And still had enough juice to take it to Odin. Something Thor/ SS fail miserably at.

Comparing people they have fought Odin has one shot Surfer lol Thanos has also nearly beat Surfer to death. As in the comic actually tells us he is near death, not my speculation that he was

Yes Thanos and Odin Both beat SS easily. Which only backs up my statement that Thanos is closer to Odin in power.

who thinks so highly of the character that he used Thor as the measuring stick to give his character credibility and was vocal about this

That is classic thanos who Thor was close in power too. And really their is no on-panel feats to suggest he was near THanos then. Since then Thanos has had many upgrades which is why he left Thor far behind in power.

Anyway I don't think we will change each others minds

That's fine. Thor has one good subjective good showing against Thanos while thanos has many good showing vs Thor. Thanos has easily bested those who give Thor trouble. And Thanos is able to contend for long periods against people who beat Thor with no regard(Odin/Tyrant). So i see no reason to change my mind. (:

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By jeanroygrant

Thanos stomps both at the same time still.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#54  Edited By SC  Moderator
@pooty said:

Using Tigra as an example is really low balling Thors help. He has had Colossus, Thing, Hulk, Strongman, Hercules, Vision, Iron Man all help him against a non-powered up Thanos. Those are all people who usually can change the tide of a battle. Did nothing against Thanos.

Again with the subjective terminology. It is a good example if a characters presence is redundant or not. Would any of those characters you mentioned, would any of them helped Thor defeat say Glory faster? Does that mean to say that that they can't help Thor in any circumstance? Of course not, but the same flaw in thinking could be used to say adding Tigra and Abomination to Thanos side in a Thanos vs Thor fight, if Thanos wins its because of the team. Some characters can be non significant. I am definitely not talking about "characters who can usually anything", as usually is a word that is redundant and ill reasoned to use when talking about specifics. Then again you apply the word nothing almost as if you are inserting you own idea about what constitutes nothing. Such subjectivity is flawed. I mean anyone could claim nothing Thanos ever did has ever did nothing against Thor. I mean not truly.        

@pooty said:

Again totally different. Thanos used underlings to keep people busy while he went after the main prize. Thor has brought reinforcements to fight thanos. Thanos has always challenged Thor one on one.

Here's where subjective terminology makes for poor points. Does Thor actually bring reinforcements to fights or are they just there? Does Thor some sort of astral telepathic teleportation power now? So no, not totally different unless you misunderstand the point. Does Thanos having Drax and Silver Surfer with him against Odin concede absolutely that Thanos can not face off against Odin alone? Or were their presences almost entirely a non factor?  

@pooty said:

So in all the times they have face each other, Thor has been effective against Thanos once. That's not enough to say they are near the same level. And nobody want's a comic that is one page long. Which is why Thanos has not KO'ed Thor, SS, Captain America in an instant. I throw PIS out the window in battle threads.

How many times have Thor and Thanos showed off, what does one deem an effective showing and and how many times has Thanos been shown to be effective against Thor? Then one can say what's enough or not, no? You latter reasoning can be used for ever Marvel story and character, its not a mutually exclusive excuse. Its why Wolverine doesn't cut off Thanos head because both are fictional characters and comics are inherently not consistent or meant to be consistent and thus not absolutely objective.  

@pooty said:

Not supported by fact? Really? well he casually beats SS the most powerful herald. He defeated The Fallen. Beat Terrax and made him an underling. He defeated them all without the outcome ever being in doubt. If those are not facts....prove them wrong.

You removed my question mark? You know the thing signaling my statement as a question? Do you personally tell people that in your opinion the Earth is spherical? So when I see a line of yours saying that " personally feel there is a HUGE gap between herald level and Thanos but only a small gap between Thanos and Skyfather" I wonder if this is some preference you hold for emotional or personal reasons, the same way I personally believe caramel butterscotch milkshakes are nicer than double chocolate orange milkshakes, but you know, I can admit that its not a fact, as much as I might want to prove my opinion right over those damn double chocolate orange milkshake fanboys **shakes fist**  

So it was a genuine question. Since like above, none of your evidence actually proves your conclusion. Thor has fought and defeated many sky father level characters and characters that have fought and defeated sky level characters, so does that make it a fact that Thor is on their level or above? One conclusion of his actions could mean that he might be, but the conclusion is not automatically inherent and in this case with Thor its not. I don't have to prove your facts wrong, I just proved your logic flawed. I can see what you said as interesting unverified opinion though, also perfectly disclaimed by your insertion of the word personally.  

@pooty said:

Thanos had no idea they were coming. ANd still ended the conflict where SS, Beta Ray Bill together had failed. And there is no proof that he couldn't have handled Thor by other means. And still had enough juice to take it to Odin. Something Thor/ SS fail miserably at.

In other words Thanos could not have anticipated what happened enough to the extent he could have technology that could subdue Thor and he resorted to using technology, because Thanos is characterized by his willingness to back down in power? Just like you can't prove that if Thor really wanted to, he could randomly and suddenly start fighting characters as speeds that he travels and in a fight with Thanos couldn't teleport half his body off and godblast him to death. The "no proof" argument is not a mutually exclusive way of trying to demonstrate a point. Thanos still had enough juice to not have any recognizable wounds or injury or even scratches on Odin and stutter and stagger about? Take that Thor?  

@pooty said:

Yes Thanos and Odin Both beat SS easily. Which only backs up my statement that Thanos is closer to Odin in power.

Odin one shot Silver Surfer, casually in the sense I don't think he even looked at Surfer when he did it. Thanos was in a jealous rage and required multiple blows to beat Surfer and this you claim backs up your statement? Okay... so where has Odin or Thanos one shot Thor? Or beaten Thor to near death? Also no argument is denying that Thanos is close in power to Odin. Merely the disputing the reasoning behind the relative gaps between four different characters you apply.  

@pooty said:

That is classic thanos who Thor was close in power too. And really their is no on-panel feats to suggest he was near THanos then. Since then Thanos has had many upgrades which is why he left Thor far behind in power.

So the same Thanos as in used in some of your examples? There are no panel feats that demonstrate to you that he is, which is potentially an argument from ignorance or mistaken interpretation. Tell me about these upgrades and the objective increases in Thanos power. What? Is he 2 times as powerful now? Now can he lift 20 035 Elephants with one hand instead of 20 019? At least Thor has upgraded in your eyes from NOTHING to just behind in power right?  

@pooty said:

Thor has one good subjective good showing against Thanos while thanos has many good showing vs Thor. Thanos has easily bested those who give Thor trouble. And Thanos is able to contend for long periods against people who beat Thor with no regard(Odin/Tyrant). So i see no reason to change my mind. (:

My earlier point addresses this. A lot of your points can be potentially dismissed as subjective interpretations which weakens any factual conclusions you may draw using such evidence. Its one thing to claim a character has a good showing, its another thing to have solid factual basis for defining what is considered a good showing that can be applied objectively and without fallacious reasoning, before you even get to the bit you start applying it to specific examples and characters. Its another thing to dismiss another persons points without considering they may have in fact done that. So I can definitely see based on your reasoning why you would have no reason to change your mind. Using your same standard of reasoning I can say supposedly its a fact that because Thor has casually one shot Abomination who has beat Hulk before that Thor can beat Thanos who can't one shot Hulk only slap him with augmented powers... uh... uh... well total distortion of your argument, because of subjective terms on your part. In any case I see nothing wrong with your stance, mainly your objection to my own points which I shall defend.    
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By nefarious

Thor and Superman defeat Thanos.

Iju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By Iju

@DangerousLoki said:

@Iju: From the marvel database. A wiki sure. But a fair assesment.

Powers

By far the strongest and most powerful Titanian Eternal, Thanos is a superhuman mutant whose massive, heavy-bodied body was born with the capacity to synthesize cosmic energy for certain personal uses. Thanos has increased his powers through bionic amplification, mystical enhancement, and as a result of being resurrected by Death itself.

Superhuman Intelligence: Possibly Thanos' most dangerous ability is his mind. Thanos' intellect is dedicated to enhancing his own powers and to the annihilation of all life. Thanos is a genius in virtually all known fields of advanced science and has created technology far exceeding contemporary Earth science. His intellect surpasses Earth's greatest minds, Reed Richards and Doctor Doom.

Superhuman Strength: Thanos possesses vast superhuman strength the full limits of which aren't known. Death has increased his strength beyond their original limits to levels rivaling or surpassing those of the physically strongest Eternals. Thanos is one of the strongest beings in the Universe and is capable of lifting far in excess of 100 tons without any effort. Thanos' strength is so vast he has destroyed entire planets with the simple force of his blows. He has proven capable of fighting both Thor and the Thing simultaneously for an extended period. His strength reserves are so vast that with only a handful of blows, he has been able to beat the likes of the Silver Surfer to the brink of death. Thanos can augment his strength with his cosmic energy when needed.

Superhuman Speed: Despite his massive muscular bulk, Thanos is capable of running and moving at speeds greater than the finest human athlete.

Limitless Stamina: Thanos' musculature produces almost no fatigue toxins during physical activity. As a result, he has limitless superhuman stamina in all physical activities.

Superhuman Durability: Before his "death", Thanos possessed an impressive degree of resistance to physical injury, even compared to other Eternals. After his resurrection, Death increased his ability to resist injury to a much greater degree and he is nigh invulnerable. He has withstood at point blank range planet destroying attacks without any harm. He has withstood blows and attacks from beings as powerful as the Silver Surfer, and even Thor unharmed. He possesses such an incredible resistance to injury, he has been shown to survive point blank blasts from universal level entities such as Odin and Galactus.

Immortality: Thanos, like all Eternals, is immortal in the sense that he is immune to all known diseases and infections and is immune to the effects of aging. Thanos is banned by Death itself from entering its realm, rendering him truly immortal. No matter the severity of any injury, Thanos was unable to die and completely recovered.

• Regenerative/Accelerated Healing Factor: Despite his extraordinary durability, it is possible to injure Thanos. Like all Eternals, however, Thanos is capable of regenerating damaged tissue with much greater speed and efficiency than a human being. His healing powers aren't as developed as those of some Eternals. Some Eternals are capable of regenerating any destroyed tissue. Given the circumstances of his latest death, Thanos is unable to regenerate missing organs.

Superhuman Agility: Despite his great size, Thanos' agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete. His agility is roughly equal to that of the average Eternal.

Superhuman Reflexes: Thanos' reaction time is enhanced to a level that is beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete. Like his agility, his reflexes are about average for an Eternal.

Energy Manipulation/Control: Thanos has displayed great versatility in the use of his energy projection abilities. He has demonstrated the ability to project pure energy as a concussive force, gamma radiation bursts, infrared heat-beams from his eyes, and disruptor beams, as well as form vastly strong shields, barriers, force-fields. The exact extent of Thanos' energy projection abilities are unknown, but a single eye-blast has been capable of rendering the Thing unconscious and knocking down the likes of Thor. His blasts are so strong and powerful he has been able to easily destroy planets and release In-Betweener from his prison created by Master Order and Lord Chaos. It has been speculated that the nature of Thanos' cosmic energy reserve may be quasi-mystical in nature.

Telepathy: Thanos possesses vast psionic abilities. His mind is invulnerable to most forms of psychic attack. So far Thanos has demonstrated the ability to project blasts of psionic energy, as well as being able to shut down another being's mind and can communicate telepathically with most if not all beings.

Matter Manipulation & Control: Thanos has demonstrated the ability to manipulate matter on the atomic level similar to other Earthborn Eternals. On one occasion, he turned the Skrull, Skragg into stone.

Teleportation: Thanos can teleport himself across unknown distances under his own power in the same manner that most Earthborn Eternals can. It is likely that Thanos, like most Earthborn Eternals find the process unpleasant and instead, prefers to use teleportation technology.

Abilities

Although he typically avoids physical combat, Thanos is a highly formidable hand to hand combatant. He is particularly skillful at using a combination of his physical and energy manipulative abilities during combat. He also has great knowledge of arcane and mystical lore.

Strength level

Class 100+

ok dude, thanks a lot! :)

Atari_Graphics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Atari_Graphics

Thanos

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Freefa11

@SC said:

Thor and Superman I think have better odds more times than not. Especially if morals are off. Thanos telepathy isn't strong enough to effectively effect Thor. It hasn't in the past why would it now. In all their past confrontations without power upgrades, Thanos is still yet to even knock out Thor.

I don't think Thor and Thanos have actually had that many serious fights. They fought in one of Thanos' earlier appearances, which would also have been a weaker version of Thanos, and he clearly had the upper hand, although he did not seem capable of one-shotting him. Perhaps back then, Thor could have won on a good day, but Thanos was upgraded by Death when she resurrected him for the Infinity Gauntlet affair. An exact power multiple was never stated, to my knowledge, but it was enough to make him virtually unbeatable to someone like the Silver Surfer, who generally seems to operate on the same power tier as Thor.

Of course, the more telling battle was probably during Blood and Thunder, when Thanos matched Thor for a time even though Thor was amped up with the Infinity Power Gem and Warrior's Madness, which alone should actually provide a good indication that he is well above a non-amped Thor.

Other than that, there was the encounter in Infinity Gauntlet, which obviously doesn't mean much, given Thanos' advantage. Thor fought a Thanos clone in Jurgen's run. He came across as being at a distinct disadvantage to me there, but I guess we don't really know how powerful the clone was. He encountered Thanos in a short run on Captain Marvel, where they weren't really enemies. Briefly fought another clone with the Avengers during Celestial Quest. Briefly clashed during Infinity War, where Thanos simply matched a blow from him.

So, there's a fight with Classic Thor, which Classic Thanos seemed to be winning, and a later fight with a greatly amped Thor, where Thanos was holding his own, whereas several other characters like the SS, BRB, and the Infinity Watch had all been beaten. In addition, Thanos has beaten the Surfer easily, again, a character in about the same tier as Thor. Thanos fought for an extended period against Tyrant, a character who easily defeated Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, and the Silver Surfer together. He fought for an extended period against Odin, a character who one-shotted Drax and the Surfer. He defeated Morg, another powerful Herald.

Now supposedly his power offense is enough to casually kill Thor? Does he have attacks that could potentially kill Thor? Sure, can of worms. Thor has energy attacks that could potentialy/probably kill Thanos.

Maybe godblast. Other than that, other characters on Thor's level, and even a few characters well above him, have been shown to have great difficulty actually harming Thanos. His durability is quite formidable. He may be one of Marvel's toughest non-abstract tanks besides Juggernaut.

The greatest Thanos fanboy writer who also happened to create the character, Starlin did intend Thanos to be more powerful than Thor, but not by that much. His very own words.

Like I said, back when Starlin did create him, the gap was a lot smaller. Thanos was explicitly stated to have been greatly augmented in both Thanos Quest and Infinity Gauntlet (also written by Starlin).

Incidentally, do you have a quote for this?

He was co writer of Blood and Thunder and has mad respect for Thor. In fact the issue clarifying Thor didn't have Warriors Madness was penned by Jim.

He also penned the issue where Thanos battled Odin. Besides, from what I recall, all the symptoms of Thor's malady were pretty much identical to Warrior's Madness, it was just the cause of his insanity that was different. His overall performance during that period certainly seems well beyond what the character would normally be capable of (stalemating Drax with the Power Gem one issue, and easily beating both him and Maxam just a few issues later, as well as easily beating the Silver Surfer).

In fact if Thor is nothing compared to Thanos, why would the guy who created him put so much emphasis on comparing his brand new character to Thor?

I don't understand the question. Thanos was initially a foe of Captain Marvel, from what I recall.

Thanos is powerful enough to even take on Thor, not Thanos is a ZOMG he makes all teh characterz nothing, go wetdream fantasy wish fulfillment character to the X-Tremz! That's just Thor and Thanos history. Add in another character on the same level as Thor, or arguably higher or lower depending on who you are?

Tyrant defeated Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, and Silver Surfer with minimal effort. Each character was KO'd in 1-2 hits, and their best shots didn't even make him flinch. BRB is on par with Thor, Gladiator is close, and does utilize his speed in battle, and the Surfer is also at that level, possibly slightly higher. Thanos had more success against Tyrant, and lasted longer, than all 3 of them. Thanos had far more success against Odin than the Silver Surfer and the Infinity Watch together.

I do not believe that Thor + BRB, or Thor + any Herald, would be capable of beating Thanos, or at least not without a great deal of luck (and Thanos has a way of making his own luck). Of course, Thanos himself didn't fight Gladiator, so maybe he wouldn't be as successful dealing with the speed, but that would be about the only advantage Superman has, and he'd have to be sure to take full advantage of it, and even then, Thanos is a tough nut to crack.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#59  Edited By SC  Moderator
@Freefa11 said:

Of course, the more telling battle was probably during Blood and Thunder, when Thanos matched Thor for a time even though Thor was amped up with the Infinity Power Gem and Warrior's Madness, which alone should actually provide a good indication that he is well above a non-amped Thor.

Thor did not have Warriors Madness in this arc. It was even Thanos who confirmed he didn't (writers have verified this too). Thanos was bleeding in that fight and had to retreat to use experimental technology to neutralize Thor and Thanos didn't even know if it world work and at the time he only had one shot of it to use. So I guess its to a persons discretion as far as whether he "matched" Thor or not. That's with Thor amped of course so not a good test or sample match, I just find like to clarify the circumstances of that fight. If Thanos did not need to retreat to use experimental technology to use against Thor and beat him of his own accord I could understand people using it as an example of Thanos being heads and shoulders above Thor.  I agree pretty much with the rest of your points as well in adjacent text blocks, and well written.  

@Freefa11 said:

Maybe godblast. Other than that, other characters on Thor's level, and even a few characters well above him, have been shown to have great difficulty actually harming Thanos. His durability is quite formidable. He may be one of Marvel's toughest non-abstract tanks besides Juggernaut.

I agree its formidable, but not as formidable as his mind, and their are characters around that Thor has fought and defeated that I consider to have better durability. Like Mangog, Durok. Not that Thor has beaten those characters each time, in fact one of them has wrecked Thor on one occasion and the other had to be BFRed by Silver Surfer as neither Thor or Surfer could effectively stop him without time displacing him. So Thor seems to have quite the range with his attacks when he wishes to.  

@Freefa11 said:

Like I said, back when Starlin did create him, the gap was a lot smaller. Thanos was explicitly stated to have been greatly augmented in both Thanos Quest and Infinity Gauntlet (also written by Starlin).

Incidentally, do you have a quote for this?

Explicitly is good, it demonstrates such a thing has happened, but its still vague. I am not in doubt that Thanos is more powerful now, I just baulk at claims he is so powerful now that next to him "Thor is nothing" which you know, I can buy hyperbole and exaggeration for emphasis, but I kinda don't use those terms because of how subjective they are. So when they are offered as counter points to me, I can't help but criticize their usage.  

I do not have a quote off hand sorry, but Starlin seemed to love giving interviews, I think wikipedia might have a few links to his interviews talking about Thanos creation and a few other characters and stories. I will try find link later.  

@Freefa11 said:

He also penned the issue where Thanos battled Odin. Besides, from what I recall, all the symptoms of Thor's malady were pretty much identical to Warrior's Madness, it was just the cause of his insanity that was different. His overall performance during that period certainly seems well beyond what the character would normally be capable of (stalemating Drax with the Power Gem one issue, and easily beating both him and Maxam just a few issues later, as well as easily beating the Silver Surfer).

In fact if Thor is nothing compared to Thanos, why would the guy who created him put so much emphasis on comparing his brand new character to Thor?

I don't understand the question. Thanos was initially a foe of Captain Marvel, from what I recall.

Eh, not to me. (Thor's performance being unusual) and it makes sense to say Sif and Beta Ray Bill that Thor would be suffering from Warriors Madness, but it really was just a type of psychological break down, Thor showing no restraint, and attacking friend and foe alike. The question is more rhetorical. Not speaking of the inward fictional reality or narrative but the creative process involved with Thanos. Starlin wanted to create a character that could even take on Thor single handedly and overpower him. Not Silver Surfer, not Captain Marvel. Starlin may have threw a tantrum when Jurgen's had Thor beat Thanos, but if the guy who created the character, shaped and defined the character, and gave him his beats feats, holds Thor in such high respect and esteem, I find it funny when fans of the character (Thanos) try to dismiss Thor lol I mean its a good thing that Infinity Gauntlet was good and helped launch Thanos popularity otherwise he might have just been a predecessor of "Rulk" 

I don't find too many things to disagree with your last paragraph. Its well reasoned, but I don't agree with many of the points too, for reasons I consider as good, but they aren't really reasons that are objectively provable, and I am not invested enough to try.      
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By pooty

Thanos stomps

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos easily.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thanos easily.

Stop trolling, Thor was able to put up a good fight by himself to Thanos while Superman is stronger and faster than Thor.

The team annihilates Thanos with ease.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Sy8000

Thanos easy. He can tag superman and speed was the only thing team had going for them. Thanos beats them in every aspect.

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkman123 said:

Thanos easily.

Stop trolling, Thor was able to put up a good fight by himself to Thanos while Superman is stronger and faster than Thor.

The only troll here is you.

Almost everyone here disagrees with you.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not a stomp but Thanos wins.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123 said:

@hulkman123 said:

Thanos easily.

How am i a ''troll''?

Atleast i'm making up answers which you don't.. Give me some GOOD argument why Thanos can take 2 light speeders at the same time.. I doubt you can

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Iragexcudder

@leonkarlen123 said:

@hulkman123 said:

Thanos easily.

Thor got his ass whooped and Thanos asked for more. How do you consider that a good fight at all? Without Thane they would've all died a horrible death.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkman123 said:

@leonkarlen123 said:

@hulkman123 said:

Thanos easily.

Thor got his ass whooped and Thanos asked for more. How do you consider that a good fight at all? Without Thane they would've all died a horrible death.

Even so Superman is a more powerful character than Thor and Thor's lightning actually harmed him a little.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ssj_god

@iragexcudder said:

@hulkman123 said:

@leonkarlen123 said:

@hulkman123 said:

Thanos easily.

Even so Superman is a more powerful character than Thor and Thor's lightning actually harmed him a little.

what a debatable unproven comment :D

though i'll cheer for the team.. i think thanos might take it.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkman123 said:

@leonkarlen123 said:

@hulkman123 said:

Thanos easily.

No Caption Provided

Here you go.

Mjolnir is a planet buster, Thanos has been hurt by non planet buster attacks before

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Erkan12

@leonkarlen123 said:

Thor's lightning whoopes Superman, for example like this ;

No Caption Provided

And Thanos...

No Caption Provided

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12 said:

@leonkarlen123 said:

No Caption Provided

And Thanos...

No Caption Provided

Combined with water, electricity becomes ALOT more deadly then it was as regular form.

Also that was N52 who is highly physically depowered then P52

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Erkan12

@leonkarlen123:

True, but there are some company in there with Sups, like WW and Aqua, and that was not even a private shot like Thanos get.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Iragexcudder

@leonkarlen123: and thor has been hurt by street levelers before so how is that even relevant?

Thanos has had an insane upgrade since then and was a victim to bad writing. A power gem Thor couldn't even take down Thanos yet you think Thor alone could do damage? Read infinity again, Hickman clearly shows who is massively superior.

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither Superman nor thor have any defense against Thanos's telepathy, and neither of them has what it takes to get past his sheild. Thanos has energy attack powerful enough to kill beings more powerful than Thor and Superman. I dont see the team winning at all.

Supergco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't see how thanos could beat them both with no prep especially

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

still thanos

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By leonkarlen123

@iragexcudder said:

@leonkarlen123: and thor has been hurt by street levelers before so how is that even relevant?

Thanos has had an insane upgrade since then and was a victim to bad writing. A power gem Thor couldn't even take down Thanos yet you think Thor alone could do damage? Read infinity again, Hickman clearly shows who is massively superior.

Still, Superman got an heat vision who can reach the temperature of the sun, i highly doubt Thanos has ever been standing on the sun or even can without being harmed. Ok lets meet physicals.

No Caption Provided

Strength: Superman has lift the whole weight of earth for 5 days.. Highly impressive

No Caption Provided

Speed: Superman has kept up with one of the Flashes speed who can travel more than 20 times the speed of light.

I can give you some more feats if you want.

Edit: If you mean street levelers like Captain America it is because the Vibranium shield is magic and can resist lightning. It has sliced trucks in half so by any means it is not weak.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Iragexcudder

@leonkarlen123: you're speaking to the choir. I know about Superman. I know about Thor. Thanos is undeniably superior to bith of them and has been shown on panel a numerous amount of times.

Are you not understanding anything I said above? Or to what anyone said? They cannot get through Thanos' shields and they have no possible way of hurting him. Thanos went through a black hole in Infinity Abyss and only had mere cuts and bruises. He's tanked a blast from Galactus, beaten Silver Surfer a numerous amount of times, stalemate Odin and destroyed a planet in his first issue.

Are you simply just ignoring facts here?

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By rolldestroyer

@leonkarlen123: That's from Limited Collector's Edition #C-48, 1976, ergo: non-canon to new 52 Superman. Not that it matters much when you read the comic.

@leonkarlen123 said:

@iragexcudder said:

@hulkman123 said:

@leonkarlen123 said:

@hulkman123 said:

Thanos easily.

No Caption Provided

Here you go.

Mjolnir is a planet buster, Thanos has been hurt by non planet buster attacks before

Post what happens next, will you?

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman and Thor

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123: you're speaking to the choir. I know about Superman. I know about Thor. Thanos is undeniably superior to bith of them and has been shown on panel a numerous amount of times.

Are you not understanding anything I said above? Or to what anyone said? They cannot get through Thanos' shields and they have no possible way of hurting him. Thanos went through a black hole in Infinity Abyss and only had mere cuts and bruises. He's tanked a blast from Galactus, beaten Silver Surfer a numerous amount of times, stalemate Odin and destroyed a planet in his first issue.

Are you simply just ignoring facts here?

Leaving him almost dead begging for his life and he had his shields there.

Thor also beaten Surfer once.

Stalemated Odin? With or without IG?

How am i ignoring you? It's you who is ignoring the fact i said that ''Has Thanos survived on the sun?''

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By leonkarlen123

@leonkarlen123: That's from Limited Collector's Edition #C-48, 1976, ergo: non-canon to new 52 Superman. Not that it matters much when you read the comic.

@leonkarlen123 said:

@iragexcudder said:

@hulkman123 said:

@leonkarlen123 said:

@hulkman123 said:

Thanos easily.

No Caption Provided

Here you go.

Post what happens next, will you?

Sure Thanos beat them but seriously, The Thing is barely at 1000 ton class, Superman is an planet buster. If Superman helped Thor out there it would be different, he would stagger his face with the heat vision leaving him burned.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123: he stalemated Odin without IG. His shields can tank the heat vision, I'm sure he himself can too. You're underestimating thanos

karimamin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos makes rugs out of team 1. I'd say, Team 1 get's in a nice combo move from the start but then Thanos get's serious....

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By leonkarlen123

@leonkarlen123: he stalemated Odin without IG. His shields can tank the heat vision, I'm sure he himself can too. You're underestimating thanos

Yea, the shields can probably tank heat vision but the question is for how long until the beam starts to get through the shield.

Without the shields i say he get's hurt as badly as Darkseid get.

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos. He has gotten way more powerful since that scan of him fighting Thing and Thor. Thor can barely do anything more than annoy Thanos in recent stories. Supes is a faster but less versatile Thor. Thanos is in another class.

It's not necessarily a stomp but Thanos wins at least 9/10

Avatar image for captnmcdeadpool
captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still, Superman got an heat vision who can reach the temperature of the sun, i highly doubt Thanos has ever been standing on the sun or even can without being harmed. Ok lets meet physicals.

How does that even come close to a guy who can shatter planets with blasts of the power cosmic or a guy whose fight with Set, destroys galaxies?

Yet, Thanos has routinely tanked shots from both those characters:

Strength: Superman has lift the whole weight of earth for 5 days.. Highly impressive

Would you be more impressed by the guy who could bench press a planet for five days in a row...or by the concussive shock waves that destroyed a planet, albeit, Thanos' and Drax' blows were not aimed at the planet they were fighting on, but at each other:

Speed: Superman has kept up with one of the Flashes speed who can travel more than 20 times the speed of light.

Pre-Crisis Superman, as I recall was faster than Barry Allan (?). Superman experts can elaborate. I can't. Nu52 Superman has few speed feats worth mentioning. There comes a point where a character is so powerful, even a vast difference in speed makes for no net difference in the fight.

Thanos is that guy.

Nah, I'm good.

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The team can do it.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123: Thanos stated on the next page that their blows worked in his favor to give him the distance he needed to use his eye-beams; he may have let himself get knocked away to buy himself enough distance to use the eye beams, after which he continued to one-shot the Thing and later on Thor went down as well. But it doesn't really matter, because that's Thanos pre-upgrade; when people put Thanos in a battle im assuming they mean post-upgrade.

He received an upgrade in Starlin's Silver Surfer run -- before Infinity Gauntlet -- where Thanos sets off on his quest to find the infinity gems and acquire ultimate power; your scans are from Marvel Two in one annual #2; which is far before the upgrade.

Thanos has been consistently shown to be above herald tier characters. Which is why he wins here.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By leonkarlen123

@leonkarlen123 said:

How does that even come close to a guy who can shatter planets with blasts of the power cosmic or a guy whose fight with Set, destroys galaxies?

Yet, Thanos has routinely tanked shots from both those characters:

Would you be more impressed by the guy who could bench press a planet for five days in a row...or by the concussive shock waves that destroyed a planet, albeit, Thanos' and Drax' blows were not aimed at the planet they were fighting on, but at each other:

Pre-Crisis Superman, as I recall was faster than Barry Allan (?). Superman experts can elaborate. I can't. Nu52 Superman has few speed feats worth mentioning. There comes a point where a character is so powerful, even a vast difference in speed makes for no net difference in the fight.

Thanos is that guy.

Nah, I'm good.

I thought i was the IG who made him a planet buster?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Well if this counts.

Supes has sliced a moon in half by blitzing it, he also contained an black hole in his hands.

I believe the heat vision and Thor's lightning would be a very powerful combination.

Since heat vision has damaged god-likes like Darkseid it should do the same to Thanos.

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanos stomps

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@iragexcudder said:

@hulkman123 said:

@leonkarlen123 said:

@hulkman123 said:

Thanos easily.

No Caption Provided

Here you go.

Well the second page shows a very different scenario.

No Caption Provided

Given Thanos says the blow didnt do anything to him and then proceeds to absolutely dominate i am not sure if the scan was a good example.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By RaynorJ

@erkan12 said:

@leonkarlen123 said:

No Caption Provided

And Thanos...

No Caption Provided

Combined with water, electricity becomes ALOT more deadly then it was as regular form.

WHAT? Water conducts electricity therefore it can spread it on a wider range but it does not in any shape, way or form make the electricity "stronger" and therefore not any more deadly than it already is. And Ocean Masters lightning is nothing compared to God of Thunders.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123 said:

@iragexcudder said:

@hulkman123 said:

@leonkarlen123 said:

@hulkman123 said:

Thanos easily.

No Caption Provided

Here you go.

Well the second page shows a very different scenario.

No Caption Provided

Given Thanos says the blow didnt do anything to him and then proceeds to absolutely dominate i am not sure if the scan was a good example.

Well i was pretty much proving that physicals can damage him, it made him fly a few feet, Imagine now if that was Superman and Thor, they would hurt him pretty badly and if Clark is bloodlusted which he usually is not he is pretty much a Galaxy buster

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By leonkarlen123

@raynorj said:

@leonkarlen123 said:

@erkan12 said:

@leonkarlen123 said:

No Caption Provided

And Thanos...

No Caption Provided

WHAT? Water conducts electricity therefore it can spread it on a wider range but it does not in any shape, way or form make the electricity "stronger" and therefore not any more deadly than it already is. And Ocean Masters lightning is nothing compared to God of Thunders.

What are you talking about? his lightning is comparable to Thor's. I heard from my Chemical teacher that if you combine electricity and water the effect becomes much stronger than it was before.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj said:

@leonkarlen123 said:

@erkan12 said:

@leonkarlen123 said:

No Caption Provided

And Thanos...

No Caption Provided

What are you talking about? his lightning is comparable to Thor's. I heard from my Chemical teacher that if you combine electricity and water the effect becomes much stronger than it was before.

Has his lightning ever KO'd a living planet? Has Ocean Masters lightning ever threatened the entire Earth itself? LOL well there's an undeniable argument your chemical teacher told you, well i hate to inform you but your teacher was wrong water has nothing to do with straightening electricity the way to strengthen electricity is by decreasing the resistive load or increasing the voltage of the circuit. Water is a conductor not an amplifier, go back to your chemical teacher and tell him to resign from his position.