#1 Edited by majestic99 (8916 posts) - - Show Bio

No prep, standard gear, no bfr, no time limit, all bloodlusted, takes place on an Empty Earth, no one team is declared victor until the other is killed

Thor

and

Superman Prime

vs

Beta Ray Bill

and

Darkseid

#2 Posted by majestic99 (8916 posts) - - Show Bio

Who do you believe wins and why?

#3 Edited by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor & Superman Prime.

• Thor is stronger than Beta Ray Bill.
  • Superman Prime is stronger than Darkseid.
#4 Posted by majestic99 (8916 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#5 Posted by majestic99 (8916 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

Thor & Superman Prime.

Is Prime resistant to matter transmutation?

m99

#6 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Thor & Superman Prime.

Is Prime resistant to matter transmutation?

m99

I don't know.

#7 Posted by Deranged Midget (18230 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

Thor & Superman Prime.

In most regards, Thor and BRB are on an equal footing.

#8 Posted by majestic99 (8916 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant:

If he isn't, Darkseid can just use his Omega Beams to turn Prime into ash.

m99

#9 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Thor & Superman Prime.

IMO Thor is a little stronger, if they were to fight he would take 6-7/10.

#10 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@jeanroygrant:

If he isn't, Darkseid can just use his Omega Beams to turn Prime into ash.

m99

I highly doubt that.

#11 Edited by majestic99 (8916 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant:

Because? Very few people have been able to withstand Darkseid's Omega Beams.

m99

#12 Posted by termiteone4ever (9066 posts) - - Show Bio

Supeman prime

#13 Edited by majestic99 (8916 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid's Omega Beams

The Spectre #19 [Vol.4]

Here the Omega Beams hurt Spectre:

Superman #173 [Vol.2]

Cracks Imperiex's armor:

New Gods #23 [Vol.2]

Darkseid incinerates the powerful Agogg, who just before this easily defeated Lightray and Orion:

#14 Posted by Deranged Midget (18230 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: He would take a slight majority, but only slight.

@majestic99: Superman has been seen to avoid and outmaneuver Darkseid's Omega Beams. Granted, most of those cases can be listed as PIS. Prime is faster than pst-crisis Superman so he should have a much better chance at avoiding the beams regardless and speed-blitzing Darkseid.

#15 Posted by DrinkUrPruneJuice77 (1691 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Thor & Superman Prime.

Not really, Thor is stronger than BRB except that BRB is more resistant to extreme heat.

#16 Posted by Deranged Midget (18230 posts) - - Show Bio

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Thor & Superman Prime.

Not really, Thor is stronger than BRB except that BRB is more resistant to extreme heat.

Their powers are basically identical. Thor's simply had more showings hence more feats. I don't consider Thor having that much of an advantage over BRB.

#17 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Thor & Superman Prime.

Their powers are basically identical. Thor's simply had more showings hence more feats. I don't consider Thor having that much of an advantage over BRB.

Doesn't really matter since Thor could still sit the sun, without being harmed.

#18 Posted by majestic99 (8916 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

.@Deranged Midget said:

@jeanroygrant: He would take a slight majority, but only slight.

@majestic99: Superman has been seen to avoid and outmaneuver Darkseid's Omega Beams. Granted, most of those cases can be listed as PIS. Prime is faster than pst-crisis Superman so he should have a much better chance at avoiding the beams regardless and speed-blitzing Darkseid.

Agreed.

m99

#19 Posted by Deranged Midget (18230 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Thor & Superman Prime.

So? BRB could easily do the same. He's already tanked exploding planets. Not to mention he's taken on Thor even without the power of Stormbreaker and came out the victor. With Stormbreaker, he has all the same powers that Mjolnir grants. I don't see a difference, Thor simply has hundreds of years of experience under his belt.

#20 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Thor & Superman Prime.

So? BRB could easily do the same. He's already tanked exploding planets. Not to mention he's taken on Thor even without the power of Stormbreaker and came out the victor. With Stormbreaker, he has all the same powers that Mjolnir grants. I don't see a difference, Thor simply has hundreds of years of experience under his belt.

Scans of him fighting Thor without Stombreaker?

#21 Posted by Deranged Midget (18230 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: Can't seem to find any right now, but it was one of his first appearances where he fought Thor and was able to lift Mjolnir, gaining the respect of Odin in the process and gaining Stormbreaker.

#22 Posted by DrinkUrPruneJuice77 (1691 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@jeanroygrant: Can't seem to find any right now, but it was one of his first appearances where he fought Thor and was able to lift Mjolnir, gaining the respect of Odin in the process and gaining Stormbreaker.

Wasn't Thor was hammerless in that fight too? They actually knocked each other out in that fight but BRB recovered a bit quicker (he is a bionic space horse after all)

#23 Posted by Malevolent1 (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, since Thor and BRB are virtually equal, I think it comes down to who wins between Darkseid and Supeman Prime.

I'm going with team Superman Prime.

#24 Posted by Deranged Midget (18230 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Wasn't Thor was hammerless in that fight too? They actually knocked each other out in that fight but BRB recovered a bit quicker (he is a bionic space horse after all)

No, I'm pretty sure Thor had his hammer for the duration of the fight and it wasn't until BRB took it from him, that he reverted back to his "mortal" form.

#25 Posted by Boneawl (120 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget:

Beta Ray Bill and Thor only fought twice seriously. The first time is when they first encountered each other, BRB won, but he didn't knock out Thor, he knocked out Donald Blake. This is, of course Classic Thor with the 60 second enchantment.

Second time they fought was a contest set by Odin. Odin placed the two on a deserted planet, that actually favored BRB due to him being familiar with the planet's terrain. Both BRB and Thor were hammerless, it was a contest to who would be worthy of the hammer. Due to Thor's arrogance, Odin tried to teach a lesson of humility to Thor by giving BRB terrain advantage on the planet they fought. BRB barely won, he won due to being able to recover quicker and than BRB proceeded to "save" Thor from the magma (regardless that Thor has stood on the surface of the sun with no discomfort before). After the battle, BRB admits to Thor that if the fight was any where else, he would have lost admitting Thor to be the better warrior of the two.

#26 Posted by DrinkUrPruneJuice77 (1691 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@Deranged Midget said:

No, I'm pretty sure Thor had his hammer for the duration of the fight and it wasn't until BRB took it from him, that he reverted back to his "mortal" form.

Ohh that fight. Well that really wasn't a win for BRB, Thor had him on the ropes.

#27 Posted by Deranged Midget (18230 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Ohh that fight. Well that really wasn't a win for BRB, Thor had him on the ropes.

True, but he still held his own quite well.

#28 Posted by majestic99 (8916 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget:

Is Superman Prime immune to psionics/reality erasal?

m99

#29 Posted by blackadamFTW (7882 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1.

If Supes can beat Darkseid, Superman Prime can.

#30 Posted by isaac_clarke (5724 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2, Prime's last outing has him getting owned by the Teen Titans. Darkseid is going to maul him.

Bill and Thor aren't supposed to be too far off, but Thor is as of late certainly his superior without a doubt given his recent slew of showings. Darkseid however is too much of an edge for his team.

#31 Posted by Saren (26640 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke said:

Team 2, Prime's last outing has him getting owned by the Teen Titans. Darkseid is going to maul him.

Bill and Thor aren't supposed to be too far off, but Thor is as of late certainly his superior without a doubt given his recent slew of showings. Darkseid however is too much of an edge for his team.

PIS. It's like claiming Thor is the weak link since one of his latest outings saw him getting one-shotted by a prepped Rhino.

And that was boy-Prime, not man-Prime, who is supposed to be significantly more powerful from the Oan energy.

#32 Posted by isaac_clarke (5724 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@isaac_clarke said:

PIS. It's like claiming Thor is the weak link since one of his latest outings saw him getting one-shotted by a prepped Rhino.

And that was boy-Prime, not man-Prime, who is supposed to be significantly more powerful from the Oan energy.

The irony of bring up PIS when that almost always sums up Prime's outings. He literally shot out rainbows to avoid death at the hands of the Black Lanterns. If it makes you feel better, I had the impression when he was re-empowered he was weakened because of his exploits in the multiverse. The argument could also be made that he had the advantage of always selectively choosing his fights and tended to make a run for it when the going got tough. Otherwise you have Krypto, Superboy, Superman, Kal-L, MM and the like all hurt him with physical force, so having the WG and Superboy beat him down isn't much of a stretch.

I actually didn't see it was Superman Prime. Although given it's Superboy Prime's portrait and they are the same character, it does get a bit ambiguous. Regardless, outside the plot powers provided by the Oan energies, I'd say Darkseid still takes down his would be opponent.

#33 Posted by Deranged Midget (18230 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: Not to my knowledge, no.

#34 Posted by HolySerpent (13213 posts) - - Show Bio

Primes solos...

#35 Posted by majestic99 (8916 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@majestic99: Not to my knowledge, no.

Got it.

m99