Thor and Silver Surfer VS Flash and Green Lantern

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Likeaboss9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Likeaboss9000

@Senturion said:

@Sufferthorn: For me the idea that flash should be able to beat either is weird , and i've not read much that says he'd be able to but i've not read that much flash,only whats in new 52 JL,

well there's the problem. there's why the idea is funny.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Sufferthorn

@Likeaboss9000:

Yes....but even if that is true, as you say.

His Speed is still formidable to compete with Flash(although Om4zd may prove me wrong)

And The Silver Surfer can also phase and teleport himself during battle.

As well as create Force Fields.

(Here he is phasing through a wall)

He is also capable of creating small blasts within the concentrated radius where Flash is..

Honestly, i do not understand why anybody thinks Flash wins here.

Likeaboss9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Likeaboss9000

@Sufferthorn: phasing wouldn't work because flash could vibrate surfer back just like he did against martian

the rest of those things, Surfer isn't fast enough to do before he getting pummled.

it doesnt matter how many powers surfer has or concievable ways he may have to beat wally, if he can't use them before getting KTFO

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Om4zd
No Caption Provided

@henryarguelles5: wont upload the second screen but he knocks zum into another continent.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Sufferthorn

@Om4zd:

Yes I clicked on them...it glitchs for me i guess.

Either way...Surfer has also traveled through time, he did this when he intended to make a point to Nova(female)

Seemed rather casual for him, i'll dig around for the scan.

SentryVoid616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#106  Edited By SentryVoid616

@Likeaboss9000: ALthough i know he's more than a guy who can run fast, i want to believe, SS, a very high up,power wise character in the MU would be able to beat flash, but hey its not life or death right?

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Om4zd

@Sufferthorn: Has SS outrun a Rachyon or death?

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By ghostrider2

Team 1 wins.....easy.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Sufferthorn

@Likeaboss9000:

Right...there isn't anything Flash will do that Surfer won't be able to take. He gets back up no matter what.

A lot of Heavy Hitters like the Hulk can slap surfer around, but he doesn't stop.

Don't see how his powers wouldn't stall enough for a Forcefield, Phase, Teleportation and a Cosmic Blast.

One hit is all Surfer needs. Flash isn't going to be able to defeat Surfer with a speedblitz.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Sufferthorn

@Om4zd:

Actually, i think there is something on Death somewhere.

Thanos and Death are courting(weird), so they have met. Either way, I do not really see how Silver Surfer...even IF he's not JUST as fast as Flash, couldn't stall long enough to put up a Field, or Blast Flash with one cosmic bolt.

All he needs is one hit.

What do you think?

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Om4zd

@Sufferthorn: Well he technically could beat him via speedblitz since he is fast enough to punch someone 100 times in a pico second. Which is faster than a nano second which is the fastest SS has been able to react to.

Flash is faster than what SS can react to as well because he has travelled around the world in less than a pico second I believe. And in combat he speedbliz's alot against opponents such as Mirror Master.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Sufferthorn

@Om4zd:

Yes, but Silver Surfer is an opponent who can take blasts from Galactus, Hulk, Thor, Morg, Terrax and etc.

He has taken hits that can extinguish a sun. a few 100 hits from the Flash will distract him, but how long do you really think that will hold out?

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By ghostrider2

@Om4zd: Surfer is faster than flash but this reaction thing is true.And i don't see what flash can do to him.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sorenjiatuz:

The first scan, I'll tell you the same thing, Surfer is not flying 500,000 light years, the narration is stating that Surfer and Legacy are 500,000 light years away from Tyrant's base, not that they traversed that distance

They were half a million light years away. Surfer rips through space appearing before Tyrant's base. How is this not traversing half a million light years?

This feat pretty much blows Surfer's feat out of the water, there is no comparison to be made.

It was pretty damn impressive. Which book was that from?

They didn't just circle the planet, they literally covered every inch of the planet, it wasn't all together as in Zoom circled 4 times, Wally 4 times and Superman 4 times because Wally and Zoom were fighting and Superman was trying to keep up with them. Wally and Zoom were practically trading punches with Supes looking for them.

That's still not covering every inch of the planet. Not even close. That's traversing the planet in battle. Trying to find ONE person on a planet means you have to cover every inch of the planet to be sure they are no where to be found on said planet. There is a significant difference.

If both of them are blood lusted and Surfer isn't started in space, Wally would turn Surfer into a silver stain on a wall. If their both in character Wally won't beat him to death but Surfer won't attempt to blow up the planet or something similar.

What's this idea that Surfer has to blow up the planet in order to tag the Flash?

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Sufferthorn

@Likeaboss9000:

I felt like that was common sense...

the implications were clear...

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Om4zd

@GhostRider2: No he is not. Flash has outrun Death and a Tachyon. Something SS has never come close to.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Likeaboss9000:

OK. Thanks for the scan. However, I read that as figurative and not literal. The part where Superman says they've covered every inch of the globe. Perhaps close to it in the dozen times they've encircled the globe in battle yes, but while their battle covered the globe, doubt it was literally every inch ... which is what the Silver Surfer would have had to cover in actively searching for someone on said planet.

Regardless, for Surfer to travel thousands of light years in seconds (let alone half a million), I'm no physicist, nor am I one of the nerds on the Vine willing to do the math, but I feel that kind of speed means he can hang with Wally West long enough to do what needs to be done. Wally can manipulate speed, Surfer can manipulate everything else. This coupled with his plethora of other powers makes this, at the very least, a very debatable battle.

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@society619: lol no kidding

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@forceofworlds99 said:

@Blacklightning13 said:

Flash won't have enough time to pick up enough speed to easily blitz SS. Thor can handle GL 8/10.

flash can reach his top speed in mere attoseconds, he would kill surfer before he could blink once

@Sufferthorn: flash hits harder than superman does, his punches would kill thor and silver surfer, since he'll be able to land thousands of them before either could blink

@daxamite: thats also true, flash could easily steal their speed turning them into statues

@society619 said:

When has Flash just one shotted anybody at the speed of light in character? Especially someone as strong as Thor and Surfer? So this idea that Flash is going to one hit Thor and Silver in a second something that he has never done in character is ridiculous. Flash has been beaten by lesser beings using lesser tactics so I can't see how Flash is suddenly strong enough to one punch Thor and Surfer as effortlessly as claimed.

flash has one shotted white martians, characters that have superman and martian manhunter durability. no one even claimed that flash would beat surfer and thor with a single hit, what he will do is hit them thousands of times before they could blink and considering he hits harder then superman, neither surfer nor thor will survive that.

@acer51: you can make the claim but you wont be able to back it up, silver surfer has done nothing to suggest he's even 1% as fast as flash is. sorry but its true :(

anyone who thinks thor and surfer have a chance are idiots.

How in the world, is he going to kill Silver Surfer? you are going to tell me that someone who survives stars and supernova's and black holes. Is going to be killed by someone who is really fast

*facepalm*

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#120  Edited By Saren

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@sorenjiatuz:

The first scan, I'll tell you the same thing, Surfer is not flying 500,000 light years, the narration is stating that Surfer and Legacy are 500,000 light years away from Tyrant's base, not that they traversed that distance

They were half a million light years away. Surfer rips through space appearing before Tyrant's base. How is this not traversing half a million light years?

It is traversing half a million light years but it is not strictly speed at play. Surfer travels at those speeds and traverses light years' worth of distance primarily by entering hyperspace. Neither he nor most other Marvel or DC characters really exceed the speed of light in regular space because of the negative effects it has on the environment. Flash does so without entering hyperspace because the Speed Force is a plot device that allows him to just ignore physics completely. Not to mention that dozens upon dozens of characters have this exact same ability and have displayed it in the same way; Genis-Vell, Gladiator, Firelord, Beta Ray Bill, Thor, Green Lantern, Captain Mar-Vell, and many, many others have all done exactly the same thing; exceeded the speed of light and traveled light years in seconds by entering hyperspace. None of those people are faster than Flash or have his reaction feats. There are always a few stray instances here and there where writers toss the minute details aside and Surfer just runs around FTL without hyperspace, but most of the time (in his third volume, at least) he used hyperspace to achieve that effect, because physics doesn't work the same way there and the distance between two points is different so you can just pop out at your desired destination in regular space in no time flat. Traversing light years via hyperspace is more akin to really, really, really long range teleportation than anything else.

That's still not covering every inch of the planet.

Wally flat out stated that they had covered "every inch of the world". Not a lot of room for interpretation there.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Sufferthorn

@Om4zd:

That is very impressive...but i also believe Surfer is more powerful and certainly more durable that Superman(at least Bronze-Age and Current 52, certainly not Silver)

We could argue the speed arguement forever.

But....troll-raging aside.

Surfer has teleportation, phasing, and natural shielding along with his speed.

There is also the fact that Surfer is going to be up in the air...although he STARTS on the ground, this being a random encounter without prep, Flashs natural inclination might not be to attack Surfer will full speedblitz force right away, since he doesn't have full knowledge of him.

I don't see how Wally is going to be able to beat him in this case.

if Wally had full knowledge of Surfers capabilities, i could see him having a small chance...but i still think he gets zapped.

stonerthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By stonerthps

@CitizenBane: Wouldn't them entering hyperspace allow us to infer that their reaction time would be faster than flash's? Being that they would have to avoid obstacles while going at hyper speeds and such you would come to the conclusion that their reaction times would have to be that fast. I'm not 100% but I think that's how it would have to work for them to be able to enter and move at hyper speed.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Saren

@stonerthps said:

@CitizenBane: Wouldn't them entering hyperspace allow us to infer that their reaction time would be faster than flash's? Being that they would have to avoid obstacles while going at hyper speeds and such you would come to the conclusion that their reaction times would have to be that fast. I'm not 100% but I think that's how it would have to work for them to be able to enter and move at hyper speed.

Not really. There is pretty much nothing in hyperspace to avoid. It's just straight out nothingness. If you traveled in the regular universe, yeah, that's what it would imply. But there are instances where you have characters like Genis-Vell and Green Lantern flying through hyperspace and there's nothing there for them to avoid. They just fly in a straight line indefinitely until they pop out into regular space. I think Kyle Rayner and Fatality did this in a recent issue of New Guardians.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Sufferthorn

@stonerthps:

Very true, especially traveling 500,000 LIGHTYEARS.

Unless Hyperspace works in some way stated that i am unaware of.

My knowledge of Hyperspace does not extend past Star Wars unfortunately, but Han Solo did say he had to plot a course or else they'd hit a planet or somethin like that....>_>...i hate being ignorant in such matters.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Saren

Thor and Surfer win. Wally's not going to go all out in character and Thor would beat Green Lantern for a majority.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Sufferthorn

@CitizenBane said:

Thor and Surfer win. Wally's not going to go all out in character and Thor would beat Green Lantern for a majority.

Thank you for being reasonable.

However....this thread has opened my eyes to how FREAKIN OVERPOWERED Flash is.

This is why i'm a Marvel Fan. :P

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Saren

@Sufferthorn said:

@stonerthps:

Very true, especially traveling 500,000 LIGHTYEARS.

Unless Hyperspace works in some way stated that i am unaware of.

My knowledge of Hyperspace does not extend past Star Wars unfortunately, but Han Solo did say he had to plot a course or else they'd hit a planet or somethin like that....>_>...i hate being ignorant in such matters.

Why would there be planets in hyperspace......?

The hyperspace travel system in the Mass Effect games is a good example of how the thing works, you steer your ship into a Mass Relay, plot a course to whichever system or galaxy you want to visit, and it blasts you there in a straight line.

Watch from 0:17.

KMART4455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By KMART4455

Wow Thor and Surfer???

Someone hates team DC...

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Sufferthorn

@CitizenBane:

I started playing Mass Effect 2 recently....don't judge me. :P

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CitizenBane said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@sorenjiatuz:

It is traversing half a million light years but it is not strictly speed at play. Surfer travels at those speeds and traverses light years' worth of distance primarily by entering hyperspace. Neither he nor most other Marvel or DC characters really exceed the speed of light in regular space because of the negative effects it has on the environment. Flash does so without entering hyperspace because the Speed Force is a plot device that allows him to just ignore physics completely. Not to mention that dozens upon dozens of characters have this exact same ability and have displayed it in the same way; Genis-Vell, Gladiator, Firelord, Beta Ray Bill, Thor, Green Lantern, Captain Mar-Vell, and many, many others have all done exactly the same thing; exceeded the speed of light and traveled light years in seconds by entering hyperspace. None of those people are faster than Flash or have his reaction feats. There are always a few stray instances here and there where writers toss the minute details aside and Surfer just runs around FTL without hyperspace, but most of the time (in his third volume, at least) he used hyperspace to achieve that effect, because physics doesn't work the same way there and the distance between two points is different so you can just pop out at your desired destination in regular space in no time flat. Traversing light years via hyperspace is more akin to really, really, really long range teleportation than anything else.

That's still not covering every inch of the planet.

Wally flat out stated that they had covered "every inch of the world". Not a lot of room for interpretation there.

I've seen Thor traveling at 4x the speed of light but have not seen nor heard of them (aside from Surfer) entering 'hyperspace' per se. However, I agree in the distinction between interstellar travel through space and the reaction speed evidenced by an earthbound Flash. Point well made.

In any event, the fact Surfer can move from point A to point B at FTL speeds means he has a very decent chance at avoiding being earthbound in a 'flash' as it were. That and his plethora of other abilities leaves this contest well open to debate ... one that probably won't be resolved any time soon.

Thought that was Superman stating such. In any event, I think that it is open to interpretation based off the context, which is to say the fact they are fighting at light speeds ... it strikes me as a statement meaning they've chased and fought one another all around the earth a dozen times more so than them having literally covered every inch of it. I feel that given the context, it is definitely open to interpretation as a figure of speech.

But to each his own.

society619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By society619
Surfer can psi-attack Flash instantly, dump him on the astral plane. No way back for Flash. At the same time, the board could just as easily be slicing through the GL.

Surfer makes blackholes easily, so they're gonna have to work hard at closing them down.

Oh and Surfer can easily drain them of all their Oan energy, for an even more comprehensive win

Anyway you slice it, Surfer wins.

Thor can GL in the majority

Spiderman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Spiderman22

All flash can do is run away from these powerfull beings